Sean's PeakBeta+ Log

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Nice! I try to get something different every time I go since I don't eat out very often. One of the few times I eat cheesecake too...my sister always wants to go for her b-day and always picks out some insanely ridiculous flavor.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

2. haha yup same for me. my mini me likes banana, so looks like it'll be banana cheesecake
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

3. Love me some Cheesecake Factory, I usually skip out on the actual cheesecake though as every option on the menu is like a days worth of calories haha.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!

4. Yesterday

Cube Method Explosive Deads
    http://youtu.be/1giNYkcQgOQ

Deadlift w/briefs, 45' between sets
    350x2x8

4" Block Pull
    460x3x2

Cambered Bar Good Morning, as deep as I could go without blowing chunks
    255x8
    275x5
    295x5
    305x5
    325x5

SSB Squats
    255x8
    275x8
    295x8
    295x4 w/ 4' pause each rep

Was a scheduled day off but I'm unsure if I'll be able to lift the next few days. Good session today.

PeakBeta+ Notes:
    I can't tell a difference TOO much during the workout but by the time I got to the SSB I realized I still had the endurance to push weight. It was a significant difference from my Saturday trainin session where I forgot to dose the PeakBeta+

Off day today. Hopefully ME Bench tomorrow, possibly shifted to a 3-board.
    [email protected]

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Yesterday

Cube Method Explosive Deads
    http://youtu.be/1giNYkcQgOQ

Deadlift w/briefs, 45' between sets
    350x2x8

4" Block Pull
    460x3x2

Cambered Bar Good Morning, as deep as I could go without blowing chunks
    255x8
    275x5
    295x5
    305x5
    325x5

SSB Squats
    255x8
    275x8
    295x8
    295x4 w/ 4' pause each rep

Was a scheduled day off but I'm unsure if I'll be able to lift the next few days. Good session today.

PeakBeta+ Notes:
    I can't tell a difference TOO much during the workout but by the time I got to the SSB I realized I still had the endurance to push weight. It was a significant difference from my Saturday trainin session where I forgot to dose the PeakBeta+

Off day today. Hopefully ME Bench tomorrow, possibly shifted to a 3-board.
    That is great to hear, I too notice quite a difference.
    •   

6. Cube Method -First Shirted Bench Session

3-Board Bench Press
    275x5
    295x3
    315x2
    335x1
    355x1
    365x1

DB Bench
    100x8x3

Pendlay Rows
    185x12x4

DB Cleans/Dips with Titan Ram 20x15x4/+90x8x3

Tate Press 30x15x3

Cable Crunches
    135x20x4

Bench shirts suck. I'm down with thigh chafe but armpit chafe blows. 315-355 was surprisingly easy. I have to get used to controlling the weight after the unrack though as I'm not used to the load. Decent was tight and ascent was fast. 365 was slow. I had it unracked and pulled the weight out. As I got it where I wanted it the bar drafted back and I had to pull it over my chest again before I descended the bar. Lockout was slow as molasses. Any good shirt recommendations? When I return my Inzer belt I'm just going to spend that money on a quality shirt to compete with.

Dips with the Titan Ram were...different. Started out easy as hell and lockout sucked big time. Will keep these in the toolbox

PeakBeta+ Notes:
    Endurance is up. I said it before and I'll say it again. Normally I'll become fatigued by the time those rows were done with. I felt "fresh" still and no problems carrying on.
    [email protected]

7. Very cool to hear you are fresh for the whole session, that is huge as you have to be spot on when handling some of those insane weights!

8. Cube ME Squat
    http://youtu.be/otoXyTAY6e8

Squat-Suit, straps down
    455x1
    505x1
    535x1
    565x1
    585x1 shallow enough for a red light

DB lunges/GHR
    50x12x2/8:8:8

Took me an hour to get through the squats and my time got cut shorter than planned. I'll hit up a little extra work Saturday on my makeup day. Its hard to hit depth....Other than that, my walkout was still shaky but I steadied myself out faster. No butt dip occurred today at least. I'll be doing some more reverse band work to get used to the load.

Supplement notes: I dosed 8 caps prewo and 1 scoop of Enhanced. Though I was fatigued from the squats and not in the mood for heavy assistance work, I still had it in me to continue on more than I did-if I didn't have to go home and play daddy.
    [email protected]

9. Thats a solid preWO stack right there

Thanks for including the video, thats a cool lift I hadnt heard of before!

10. Cube Method Body Day

OHP 135x8x3
    105x8x2 <-Klokov

CG Bench
    185x8x3
    185x12x2 + Titan Ram

Dips/Pull-ups
    BWx15x3/+25x5x2, BWx7

Meadows Rows
    65+30lb chain
    x12x4

Snatch Grip Pulls
    315x8x3

Shoulder Prehab: doubled mini door frame spider walk, mini band pull aparts x a lot

Dosed 8 caps prewo.

Dosed 4 caps yesterday for core work & conditioning.
    [email protected]

11. I was doing both of those two prehab movements when rehabbing my shoulders. I used to get terrible shoulder pain most days I would train, now it is thankfully a rarity.

12. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    I was doing both of those two prehab movements when rehabbing my shoulders. I used to get terrible shoulder pain most days I would train, now it is thankfully a rarity.
    I hear ya man. My shoulder was all sorts of jacked. Increased shoulder movements, increased upper back movements and prehab movements 3x a week and it's better.
    [email protected]

13. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I hear ya man. My shoulder was all sorts of jacked. Increased shoulder movements, increased upper back movements and prehab movements 3x a week and it's better.
    Very cool, for me a lot of it was just restructuring my programs. I was going heavy all the time and am seeing better results now in my physique and the way I feel (no joint soreness) by mixing in high reps more often.

Of course, that isnt quite as applicable for you as your primary aim is powerlifting, but the variety never hurts and in this case even helps alleviate the hurt!

14. Cube RE Deads

Deadlift w/ briefs
    455x3x3

4" Block Pull w/ briefs
    475x3x2

Oly Stance Cambered Bar Squat
    255x8x3

GHR
    x10x4

Back Raises

I've been informed by my Doc that I'm no longer allowed to take any sort of stimulants. I'll be heavily dependent on PeakBeta+ now. Good thing it does it's job
    [email protected]

15. Hopefully everything is ok re: the trip to the doc. Looks like you are still healthy judging by that workout!

Sounds like a very good move to drop the stims upon the doctors orders, and its a good thing Peak Beta+ is a solid stim free pre.

16. Cube Method 2-Board Bench

Warmup: Supple Leopardness, push-ups, pull aparts, banded pull downs

Shirted 2-Board Bench
    Reps working up to 315x3x2

Weighted Dips
    +35lb x 15x4, BWx20

DB Rows 100x12x4

Facepulls, held each rep
    45x15x4

BB OHP/Standing alternating DB curls 135x8x3/30x15x3

What a crap day. Felt like I drug ass all day long. I didn't realize how caffeine defendant I was and I felt it effect my workout. I never fully woke up until the rows. Just a blah feeling. The bruised feeling on my rib is still there so that didnt help my bench out either.. Oh well. Every lift day can't be awesome.....unless its squat day.

Though I didn't have a kick in the ass to get myself up and lift, once I got some blood moving through me I stuck with it. I may not have had the slap in the face caffeine kick as a prewo has, but PeakBeta still supplied me with the endurance to push through and finish feeling better than I had started. I noticed becoming less fatigued from high rep movements.
    [email protected]

17. O man thats a rough transition, as a stim guy I would hate to have to go cold turkey!! Sounds like the Peak Beta+ is helping ease that burden a little, within a week or two tops Im sure your body should be well adjusted.

Are you getting caffeine withdrawl headaches?

18. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    O man thats a rough transition, as a stim guy I would hate to have to go cold turkey!! Sounds like the Peak Beta+ is helping ease that burden a little, within a week or two tops Im sure your body should be well adjusted.

Are you getting caffeine withdrawl headaches?
    Just lethargy. I'm fine up until lunch then I drag ass all day.
    [email protected]

19. Cube Method Pause Squats

Squats-Raw, no wraps no belt
    440x2x5, 5 sec in the hole

Cambered Bar Good Mornings
    215x10x4

Unilateral Leg Press
    180x15x4

Standing Cable Crunches
    190x12x2

Standing Band Crunches, EFS light
    x25x2

What a crap day. Everything felt heavy and sluggish. I got through the reps just fine but my motivation and focus was completely absent. I'll make up for it next week I'm hoping.
    [email protected]

20. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Just lethargy. I'm fine up until lunch then I drag ass all day.
    Ya Im a big cup of coffee around lunch time guy then superpump or a comparable preWO before lifting most days.

The good thing is getting readujusted from caffeine only takes 1 week for a lot of people so you are already a good portion of the way there. Id say 10 days from now youll be completely fine throughout the day and actually feel better as you dont rely on stims.

Gotta see the upside

21. Yeah, first week is usually headaches for me and then I'm GTG.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

22. Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post

Ya Im a big cup of coffee around lunch time guy then superpump or a comparable preWO before lifting most days.

The good thing is getting readujusted from caffeine only takes 1 week for a lot of people so you are already a good portion of the way there. Id say 10 days from now youll be completely fine throughout the day and actually feel better as you dont rely on stims.

Gotta see the upside
    Thanks for the input man, I appreciate it! Grogginess is starting to go away for the most part.
    [email protected]

23. Dude that's a great supp profile. Subbed
    Independent Review

24. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Dude that's a great supp profile. Subbed
    Welcome! It's good stuff man. It's simple and effective..no BS around it. I'll be hitting some high rep upper tomorrow.

Have a good memorial weekend, man. I'm stuck on duty Monday...lame.
    [email protected]

25. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

Welcome! It's good stuff man. It's simple and effective..no BS around it. I'll be hitting some high rep upper tomorrow.

Have a good memorial weekend, man. I'm stuck on duty Monday...lame.
    Lame indeed broseph...

The new WFR I'm logging right now has l-norvaline as well. Good pump
    Independent Review

26. I wanted to give WFR a try until I saw the glucuronolactone in it. For some reason that stuff makes me nauseous as hell.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

27. I almost bought that 3 tub deal but I can't bring myself to have 3 full tubs when I've never tried it. I definetly will pick up a tub sometime though. I've got alphamine, enhanced, and condense waiting for me in the cupboard still.
    [email protected]

28. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I almost bought that 3 tub deal but I can't bring myself to have 3 full tubs when I've never tried it. I definetly will pick up a tub sometime though. I've got alphamine, enhanced, and condense waiting for me in the cupboard still.
    I did the same.

29. Molecular Nutrition hasn't even posted in my log...hell I wonder if anyone sees it.

I will say my regular training log is fare more awesome, though.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Molecular Nutrition hasn't even posted in my log...hell I wonder if anyone sees it.

I will say my regular training log is fare more awesome, though.
    You have a peak beta log?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. TX's cycle log.
    By txwakeskater in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 04:51 PM
  2. Scotty's T1 pro log
    By scotty2 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 04:03 PM
  3. Workout Log in Word Format