ABE-EP-DPOL- LizKing shreds to summer

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Goals:
Shred my way to summer! I have never been closer to those ever elusive 6-pack abs – now is the time… It’s almost performance season, not to mention pool season. Giving myself 8 weeks to cut some fat (but not at the expense of all my strength though). I’d also like to get better at keeping track of my food intake – I’ll keep meticulous notes at times & eat clean pretty consistently, but then blow that all out of the water with an undocumented cheat meal.

After this 8-weeks, I will reevaluate & possibly begin Wendler’s 5/3/1. I really want to start that program being very lean (along with some more nutrition experience to go along with it).

I’ve ran Anabeta OG, but this is my first shot at the Elite & EP DPOL stack. I’m starting this log a couple days into this stack, but early enough that nothing is really going yet.

Coming back from my deload week/vacation, I was surprised that my first workout I hit the same numbers for deads that I did before break. Today’s decline bench was a 2 part PR- Hit 265x3 then 275 x1 – previous best was 260x2

Supplements:
Current: Anabeta Elite, Erase Pro, D-Pol powder-Custard Crème, Forskolin 95 (week 9-12)

Staples: Orange Triad, Fish Oil, Creatine (postworkout), Protein Powder, BCAAs

Preworkouts: Supp-D, Condense, Prodigy, Swoll-N, Hemavol – I like to mix & match these, make new combinations

Other Randoms: HGHPro, 3Z, Alphamine (cardio days or afternoon at work)

These might get added further down the line or after this stack: Vanillean, Shift, ALA

Training Split:
I hand write my log in a spiral notebook. Over time I got into the habit of swapping an exercise with each completed page, so now I have a couple variations I can go thru. I don’t like to deadlift heavy too often in a short time, so that works out as hitting deads on each page turn equals about 2-3 times per month. Dedicated shoulder days are fairly new to my program – rehab an old annoyance plus strengthen up for the long-haul. Cardio is thrown in as it fits in.

Days progress as follows: A (lower), B (upper), C (shoulders), Rest ->

Starting Pics & Training Session notes to come -

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In to see how this works for ya

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice stack you have here. Good luck and I'll be in for the ride! This combo should definitely help you reach your goals with proper training/nutrition. :cool:

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck I am in just about the same boat as you! I cut down hard for a Spring Break trip and now trying to get back on track haha
Next weeks my birthday though.....so probably they week after that start trying to shred 100%

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice looking stack you got. Should for sure help you shred up for summer. In for the ride :D

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Good luck I am in just about the same boat as you! I cut down hard for a Spring Break trip and now trying to get back on track haha
Next weeks my birthday though.....so probably they week after that start trying to shred 100%
Well then - Happy Early Birthday!!!

Yeah - I've got a special weekend with the wife planned about 6 six weeks out. She's been commenting lately on the changes she's seen in the last couple years - I'm looking forward to when this stack gets going.... :scool::spankme:

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Nice looking stack you got. Should for sure help you shred up for summer. In for the ride :D
Thanks for following!!!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for this. D-Pol and Anabeta is a nice combo. Watch out for that hunger though:)

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
In for this. D-Pol and Anabeta is a nice combo. Watch out for that hunger though:)
For sure! OG anabeta made me hungry as all hell all the time. At least in these first couple days my appetite has been strangely absent...

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
So after noticing a special little warning sticker on my lat tower informing me that they were storage hooks and not for chins, I rigged up my new and improved bar- that's my old ez curl bar in it, but it will fit almost any bar....should hold plenty of weight too. (I crushed the drywall with one of those doorframe chin up bars...)

ForumRunner_20130402_101058.png

This morning's work was shoulders - this is more of a rehab routine than anything. I've had some shoulder issues in the past, plus my performance work taxes them pretty hard, so just keeping everything in check & healthy. This is routine is slowly changing as my shoulder strength improves with additions like wide-grip OHP (these are friggin tough), lying DB shoulder presses & arnolds. I was trying out that dissociation movement for my wife, as it looked like something right up her alley - Gotta say I like it... Different sort of mind/muscle connection than I'm used to. Might keep it in a couple weeks & see how it goes.

External rotation: 15x15,15x15,15x15
L-lat raise: 15x15,15x15,15x15
YTWL: 10x10,10x10,10x10
Rope row: 40x10,40x10,40x10
Wide grip OHP: 75x10,95x10,105x6(PR)
Vert Dissociation (pull/push simultaneously): DB/cable x 10: 35/40x10, 35/40x10, 35/40x10

60 minutes

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had some shoulder issues in the past also. I make sure before I perform any shoulder exercise that the rotator cuffs are nice and warm preventing any other injury. Seems like you had a solid workout :yup: BTW, is that monkey hanging in the background off the wall? haha

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
I've had some shoulder issues in the past also. I make sure before I perform any shoulder exercise that the rotator cuffs are nice and warm preventing any other injury. Seems like you had a solid workout :yup: BTW, is that monkey hanging in the background off the wall? haha
haha - yes it is!! I didn't realize what you were talking about at first - I've got all sorts of random stuff going on in my basement -

Definitely hear ya on keeping the rotator cuff warmed up. The last time I really tweaked out my shoulder was pretty brutal....lol - sidearm throwing a cat toy..... :wtf:

On my upper body day I go heavier (for me), my shoulder day is more about working out the weak points & keeping my shoulders happy -

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Old school gym. I didn't realise you were training in prison. ;)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've messed mine up pretty bad throwing a baseball hard and for long distances without even warming the shoulder up. Sucked haha.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Old school gym. I didn't realise you were training in prison. ;)
Hahaha - You know it! Getting it done anyway I can!

I've managed to get a decent little setup going now - with the addition of a decent chin up bar, also have a treadmill, couple of adjustable benches, dumbbells/1" plates, olympic bar/plates, and a squat rack with a lat tower/cable (no cage though..on my wishlist)

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
I've messed mine up pretty bad throwing a baseball hard and for long distances without even warming the shoulder up. Sucked haha.
I know the feeling - that sucks... When I tweaked mine last, I was in the hallway trying to throw hard without banging into the wall & was all sorts of out of whack - halfway thru I knew that was a dumb move...

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Cardio this morning: Treadmill - moderate pace @45min

The hunger kicked in hard last night. I wasn’t feeling very good after work – headache, lethargy (still a bit jet-lagged, I’m thinking). Once I sat down for dinner though, I couldn’t get full. Also, the last couple days had me peeing non-stop. Libido is definitely on the rise.

Food info: I had to make due with what we had for a couple days until getting back to the store & restocking – I cooked up a batch of biscuits & sausage gravy, as well as beef stew (simple recipe: beef, carrots, onion, potato, garlic, balsamic). Both meats were from a local farm – very lean & flavorful. The sausage gravy wasn’t very gravy-ish, more of a coating around chunks of sausage, as I hate to add that much butter… But getting back on track – my weekdays are pretty consistent, but weekends are all over the map.

Normal weekday –
Breakfast (@10-11am): 2 hard-boiled eggs, greek yogurt (w/ raw almonds, chia seeds, & flax seed, and a few raisins), granola bar

Lunch: chicken or fish, veggies (usually green beans), quinoa

Dinner: same as lunch – I cook large amounts of dinner & save for lunches

Snacks: Protein shake, hard-boiled egg, &/or nuts (mostly almonds & pistachios, sometimes peanuts). Usually not much of a snacker otherwise (as this is where my willpower usually fails – chocolate & sweets…)

I keep trying to log my food, but always get discouraged when crunching the numbers. I’m not convinced that it’s very accurate – like when seeing how much meat can vary from animal to animal, or how can a home garden veggie & conventional industrial farmed veggie have the same nutritional value? I also consume a fair amount of game. Although, one concession is that I do recognize that I could get better by having a scale & weighing everything.

Question: how do you accurately log food, like when cooking-Do you enter each ingredient of the dish or the finished meal? How about when eating out?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Literally just ran this stack last month! What a sick stack it is! I'm in this Liz!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Literally just ran this stack last month! What a sick stack it is! I'm in this Liz!
Good to have ya LTL!!!!

That's what I like to hear - I've always had good runs with OG Anabeta & Erase - time to kick it up a notch!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cardio this morning: Treadmill - moderate pace @45min

The hunger kicked in hard last night. I wasn’t feeling very good after work – headache, lethargy (still a bit jet-lagged, I’m thinking). Once I sat down for dinner though, I couldn’t get full. Also, the last couple days had me peeing non-stop. Libido is definitely on the rise.

Food info: I had to make due with what we had for a couple days until getting back to the store & restocking – I cooked up a batch of biscuits & sausage gravy, as well as beef stew (simple recipe: beef, carrots, onion, potato, garlic, balsamic). Both meats were from a local farm – very lean & flavorful. The sausage gravy wasn’t very gravy-ish, more of a coating around chunks of sausage, as I hate to add that much butter… But getting back on track – my weekdays are pretty consistent, but weekends are all over the map.

Normal weekday –
Breakfast (@10-11am): 2 hard-boiled eggs, greek yogurt (w/ raw almonds, chia seeds, & flax seed, and a few raisins), granola bar

Lunch: chicken or fish, veggies (usually green beans), quinoa

Dinner: same as lunch – I cook large amounts of dinner & save for lunches

Snacks: Protein shake, hard-boiled egg, &/or nuts (mostly almonds & pistachios, sometimes peanuts). Usually not much of a snacker otherwise (as this is where my willpower usually fails – chocolate & sweets…)

I keep trying to log my food, but always get discouraged when crunching the numbers. I’m not convinced that it’s very accurate – like when seeing how much meat can vary from animal to animal, or how can a home garden veggie & conventional industrial farmed veggie have the same nutritional value? I also consume a fair amount of game. Although, one concession is that I do recognize that I could get better by having a scale & weighing everything.

Question: how do you accurately log food, like when cooking-Do you enter each ingredient of the dish or the finished meal? How about when eating out?
When I log my food, I use myfitnesspal. It has plenty of foods already recognizeable on the website and if you need to enter something that is not on there, you can add the macros yourself. I would recommend checking into it if you want to log your food. It keeps track of basically everything for you.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
When I log my food, I use myfitnesspal. It has plenty of foods already recognizeable on the website and if you need to enter something that is not on there, you can add the macros yourself. I would recommend checking into it if you want to log your food. It keeps track of basically everything for you.
Cool-I've looked into that once before, but never stuck with it. When I'm at work, the web is right there, but the phone app drives me kinda nuts so I end up not sticking with it...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool-I've looked into that once before, but never stuck with it. When I'm at work, the web is right there, but the phone app drives me kinda nuts so I end up not sticking with it...
Understandable. I get that way too sometimes :)

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Squat day – It was anything but easy to get out of bed this morning. Hopefully not getting sick, maybe just allergies or still getting back in the swing of things post-vaca. I was feeling rather out of sorts & never really found my groove- ended up a couple sets short, ran out of time.

Weight - 179

PWO – Condense (1), Swoll-N (3), RecoverPro (1), DPOL (1)

Box Squat
135x10, 185x7, 205x5, 235x3, 250x1, 250x1>185x8
BB Calf Raise
275x15, 300x15, 300x15
Dimel Dead
140x10, 150x10, 160x10
Front Squat
135x10, 155x10
Walking Lunge (DB-each hand)
35x10, 35x10, 35x10, 35x10

Total Time – 60min

So posting this for accountability’s sake… Getting in the swing of myfitnesspal – unfortunately, last night turned into an impromptu cheat meal, as the wife & I met some friends at Mellow Mushroom for a pizza & couple beers. Not the norm for me & paying for it with some wicked gas today…that surely was part of the issue with today’s workout. Ending stats…  Cals: 3803, Carbs: 283, Fat: 158, Protein: 208

Supps- I’ve been dosing 2 ABE, 1 EP, multi, fish oil pre workout. So far I’ve been taking the other 2 ABEs when I get home from work with dinner (as I keep forgetting to take them with me to work for my first meal) – any major issues with the later dosing?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No issues taking the ABE later. Sometimes I do pre-workout and then with the last meal of the day. I would dose the fish oil at another time tho.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
No issues taking the ABE later. Sometimes I do pre-workout and then with the last meal of the day. I would dose the fish oil at another time tho.
Ok cool- for the fish oil: post workout or later in the day?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always take my fish oil away from my workouts.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We're all a bunch of copy cats!!!! Someone make it stop

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We're all a bunch of copy cats!!!! Someone make it stop
I was just playfully teasing I don't mind people acting like me. :)

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Definitely feeling the Anabeta getting to work – getting food pumps when I eat, staying pumped d@mn near all day, appetite keeps rising (although a bit more controllable than OG so far). OG Anabeta always wrecked my stomach taking 2 preworkout (so I’d dose 4 thru the day) – this has not been the case with ABE – 2 preworkout & 2 with dinner & I’m G2G. Thinking its still a bit early to tell much from EP or DPOL, but feel like I’m starting to see a little more definition.

Bench felt weak today, although form was better (been noticing my butt coming off the bench & fighting to break that habit quick). By the end of my workout I was ready for more. I’ve been playing around with lower rep ranges – feel like I may be missing some heavier reps by taxing myself too early. Hit a PR on SOHP today, followed by a killer 15rep dropset – shoulders were smoked after that. Finally seeing some payoff with some strength/stability increases in my shoulders – its nice, been a while. Finished out with some fast pushups & chins to failure & called it day (had to get to work)

Weight 178

PWO – Condense (1), Swoll-N (3), RecoverPro (1), D-POL (1)

Superset
Bench 135x10, 185x7, 215x4, 235x2->185x10
Kroc Rows 55x10, 75x7, 95x7, 115x6->65x10

Superset
SOHP 115x7, 135x5, 155x1(PR)->95x15
Wide Pulldown 90x15, 110x10, 115x8->70x15

Superset
Incline Hammer Curls 35x10, 35x10
DB Overhead Extension 35x10, 35x10

Pushup 30
Chins 20

Total Time 60min

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Almost forgot - still getting into this food logging...

Yesterday's eats:
Calories: 2468
Carbs: 261
Fat: 82
Protein: 158

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice superset numbers :D. Awesome news about the increase in strength for the shoulders.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Nice superset numbers :D. Awesome news about the increase in strength for the shoulders.
Thanks man! My shoulders have always been a trouble area - nice to finally see some forward progress again after spending time rehabbing -

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking sweet in here still! Strength increases are almost as good as weight increases to me :) looks like this stack is treating you well homie!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Subbed!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Saturday - light shoulder work

Superset
External rotation: 15x15,20x10,15x15
L-lat raise: 15x15,20x10,15x15

Superset
YTWL: 10x10,10x10,10x10

Arnold Press: 35x10,40x10,45x8
Vert Dissociation (pull/push simultaneously): DB/cable x reps: 35/40x10, 35/40x10, 35/40x10

50 minutes

Sunday - Cardio: LISS 40min, Yoga 25min

Food Numbers: I think I'm starting to get the hang of this myfitnesspal - I don't understand what kept me away from it so long...lol

Friday- Cals: 2582 P:151 F:69 C: 199

Saturday - Cals: 2488 P: 155 F: 112 C: 188

Definitely feeling the hunger kicking up a couple notches... I'm really glad I decided to get more diligent with food tracking this run, as I'm sure there would be plenty of wheel spinning happening otherwise - everything sounds delicious & I haven't felt full in days... I feel like I'm leaning up a bit in mirror. The scale shows a couple lbs down, but I don't put too much in that, as I can fluctuate 5 or more at times. Feeling good!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Looking sweet in here still! Strength increases are almost as good as weight increases to me :) looks like this stack is treating you well homie!
Thanks man! Heck yeah! I'm still waiting for the full anabeta effect to kick in- OG gave me pretty decent strength increases across the board, but I'm definitely not complaining about this either :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear that myfitnesspal is working for ya :D. I don't really follow the scale either. I do hop on it just to read my weight, but I like going by the mirror, how my pants fit, and how my body feels lean wise.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Eats for yesterday: Cals: 2545 P:162 F:108 C:194

Box Squat 135x10, 185x7, 205x5, 225x2, 245x1, 250x1, 225x3, 205x3
Calf Raise 300x15, 300x15, 300x15 (PR reps)
Dimel Deadlift 135x10, 155x10, 175x10 (PR weight/reps)
Front Squat 135x12, 155x6, 175x3
Walking Lunge (DB each hand) 35x10, 35x10, 35x10, 35x10

Squats today – My strength is a bit down I’m noticing, but I’ve also been hitting more cardio lately between scheduled cardio & practice for this weekend’s show. So along with keeping closer tabs on calories, I’ll just call it an adjustment phase… ;) Calf Raises are noticeably stronger, along with bumping up the weight in Dimel Deads. I hit the wall during front squats though- endurance is a bit lacking overall, hence the extra cardio. Libido is super high, as is appetite. I’m definitely noticing some leaning up in the mirror (especially on those pesky lower abs). I’m hoping this keeps up! – So far so good!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Yesterday’s Eats: Cals: 2448 P: 205 F: 76 C: 225

Weight – 177

PWO – Swoll-N (3), Supp-D (1), D-Pol (1), RecoverPro (1)

Superset
Bench 135x10, 185x10, 215x5, 235x3, 240x2
Kroc Row 75x10, 85x10, 95x10, 105x7, 105x7

Superset
BB OHP 115x10, 120x10, 125x8
Wide Pulldown 90x15, 100x12, 110x10

Superset
Overhead Extension 35x10, 35x10
Incline Hammer Curl 35x10, 35x10

Push-up 30
Chin-up 20

Total Time – 58min

Bench today – a bit stronger than last time. No PRs, but was able to but the reps up on almost all exercises. Tossed in a few push-ups & chins at the end to finish off. Hungry – all the time… Eating makes me hungrier. I am so glad I am logging my food now as I’m sure I would be throwing down 4000+ cals if left to my own devices. Leaning up in the mirror, slowly but surely. The pace seems just about right, although I might try dropping the cals just a bit more to see if I can shed this belly fat a bit quicker – wondering just how hungry I’ll get though… I’m holding at 177lbs since the weekend (down @3 since starting). Feeling a touch of creaky joints, but not enough to alter my E-Pro dosage yet – just wait and see, maybe up my fish oil an extra cap. Feeling tighter & overall just good.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Shoulders today – getting super busy with prepping for this weekend’s show (extra cardio!). I have a couple performance pieces, as well as working out songs with the band. The stress has cut a bit into the libido boost I had been experiencing… :( Still experiencing a minor clicking in my right shoulder in certain movements – not out of the woods yet…although today’s rehab routine has been helping. I have been trying to make sure I don’t sleep funky on my shoulder, as well as keeping good posture in my desk at work.

I really like how Anabeta gives me a good when I dose it around meals – food pump is awesome! (beats the hell out of food bloat). I’ve been noticing a great pump after every workout lately as well – all those nitrates are rocking in my system fo sho!

Swapped out YTWLs for Lying Shoulder Press today – both of these are tough movements & require very little weight. I haven’t been feeling much progress lately with YTWLs so time to switch it up a bit

Weight: 178

Superset
Shoulder Ext. Stretch 20, 20, 20
External rotation: 15x15,15x15,15x15
L-lat raise: 15x15,15x15,15x15

Superset
Lying Shoulder Press: 10x15,10x15,10x15

Arnold Press: 35x10,40x10,45x10
Vert Dissociation (pull/push simultaneously): DB/cable x reps: 35/40x10, 35/40x10, 35/40x10

Total Time: 55 min