Eatmoar gets Max Power with POWERMAX (Sponsored Log)

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First and foremost I would like to thank Adizzle and all the guys at Performax Labs for letting my log their pre workout Power Max. Ive heard great things about it and im eager to try it out! It should be coming in the mail today so I should be expecting to explode any minute now.

What caught my eye about POWERMAX was its very simple formula. I was looking for a pre workout with a simple complex and no fillers. Thats why i switched to mixing bulk products together to make my own pre work out but it looks like someone finally made something simple for me :D.

Stats:
Weight : 185 lbs
BF%: 13-14 (currently still in a bulk phase)

Prop. Blend

Strength and Size
Here we have Creatine Monohydrate, Taurine and Glycine. This is the norm for this portion of any prop. blend. Im excited to see Taurine in here because I've had such great results mixing taurine + caffeine + creatine in the past that I really cant wait to see what this has to offer
N.O. Blend
Here we have L-Citruline, Agmatine Sulfate, and Propionyl L Carnitine. Agmatine and Citruline mixed together is a pump maker! When I was mixing bulk products these were my go to two products for maximum pump. L-Car is a bonus because L-Car is so unique because it helps your body metabolize fat into energy. I haven't used much L-Car in the past so I cant wait to see the effects.

Energy Blend

Obviously caffeine is in here but also we see L-Tyrosine, Phenylethylamine , Citrus Aurantium Extract, and N-Methyl Tyamine. Now i was only concerned about the NMT, but doing some research i found that it was the properties of an alpha2 adrenoceptor antagonist, however it is quite weak. Alpha2 blockers increase andrengeric dopaminergic and serotonergic neurotransmitters, increase insulin secretion and decrease blood sugar levels. An increase in insulin secreation would cause the decrease in blood sugar levels, cause and effect. And I found it cool that it increases the contractions of the right atrium in the brain due to noephinephrine release.

All in all, this looks like a solid product. Once it gets here ill dump a scoop into my mixer cup and hit the gym!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome start to the log, this one is going to be good!!

Whats your previous experience with Pre workouts, i ask because most people will want to jump to 2 scoops. This way your getting all your Creatine, Citrulline and Agmatine plus all the extra's! Although is obviously depends on your stimulant tolerance, but something to keep in mind! We made stim at 1 scoop not very strong so that most users would be able to use the full 2 scoops and reap the benefits of the active ingredients. Some companies make 1 scoop so strong that you couldn't even take 2 scoops, keeping you from getting maximum dosages on the ingredients that actually build muscle, increase vascularity and performance.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome start to the log, this one is going to be good!!

Whats your previous experience with Pre workouts, i ask because most people will want to jump to 2 scoops. This way your getting all your Creatine, Citrulline and Agmatine plus all the extra's! Although is obviously depends on your stimulant tolerance, but something to keep in mind! We made stim at 1 scoop not very strong so that most users would be able to use the full 2 scoops and reap the benefits of the active ingredients. Some companies make 1 scoop so strong that you couldn't even take 2 scoops, keeping you from getting maximum dosages on the ingredients that actually build muscle, increase vascularity and performance.
I've taken a number of pre workouts. But I thought at 1 scoop it was pretty damn good stimulant wise . I'm pretty stim tolerant as well so I just tossed 2.5g of creatine post workout to compensate. Even at 1 scoop it was good stim, pump was INSANE. My shoulders hurt from the pump lol. I'm going to kick it up to two scoops tomorrow I think just to see how it goes.

So far I'm loving powermax, has to be one of the best PWOs I've taken. I want to how long it takes to build a tolerance to this . If its like craze and It takes awhile to build a tolerance id be really satisfied .

Forgot to add this amped my workouts up. And didn't destroy my hunger if anything it made me more hungry. All I could think about was chomping on a steak or two when I got home. Seriously it made me ravage for food.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea we have noticed that as well, i believe NMT is linked to increased gastrin production which could potentially lead to increased hunger so we liked its inclusion in our pre workout because feeling so stimmed out you cant eat after a hard workout is the worst. However i believe this is something we would leave out of a fat burner, but it works very well in a pre workout.

So im guessing you tried your first serving today huh? Glad you liked it!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
In this man! Kill it!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea we have noticed that as well, i believe NMT is linked to increased gastrin production which could potentially lead to increased hunger so we liked its inclusion in our pre workout because feeling so stimmed out you cant eat after a hard workout is the worst. However i believe this is something we would leave out of a fat burner, but it works very well in a pre workout.

So im guessing you tried your first serving today huh? Glad you liked it!
Ah yeah I read that too. That makes sense . Hell yeah I'm in love. Perfect amount of stim and the fact that I was able to chomp 4,000kCals yesterday was surreal :D

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
alright so today i bumped it up to 2 scoops.

It was a legs day so i figured hey why not? So I take my two scoops and 10 minutes later some intense energy just slaps me in the face. I decided to get creative with my legs workout. So I was doing higher reps 10-15 reps for all my leg stuff. And then after each exercise run through my agility latter 5-6 times.

I thought I was going to die after the first round but this energy was just pouring out of my body. All the power racks were full, as usual , so I had to squat last and even though my legs were dying I still managed to do 5 sets on squat.

All in all 2 scoops really kicked it up a notch on the energy level.

Im going to switch it up to either 5/3/1 or GVT this week but havent decided where I want to go with my training yet.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
alright so today i bumped it up to 2 scoops.

It was a legs day so i figured hey why not? So I take my two scoops and 10 minutes later some intense energy just slaps me in the face. I decided to get creative with my legs workout. So I was doing higher reps 10-15 reps for all my leg stuff. And then after each exercise run through my agility latter 5-6 times.

I thought I was going to die after the first round but this energy was just pouring out of my body. All the power racks were full, as usual , so I had to squat last and even though my legs were dying I still managed to do 5 sets on squat.

All in all 2 scoops really kicked it up a notch on the energy level.

Im going to switch it up to either 5/3/1 or GVT this week but havent decided where I want to go with my training yet.
EatMoar glad to see you're enjoying the energy and overall experience with Powermax. It definitely provides you with a boat load of energy, while minimizing the jittery feeling that's associated with excessive energy complexes in other pre-workouts.

Smooth and Potent is the way I like to describe it, I'm more so focused and driven than wired and anxious.

After having taken 2 scoops, did you you find the "pump" to be more pronounced?

Thanks for this fantastic log! Looking forward to your updates.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Nice man! Today was leg day for me too, Powermax killed it for me

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lets see how this works with my GVT split ... kinda excited :D Heres my GVT set up thanks for BDCC over at PES :D

Chest/Back
A1-DB Bench Press
A2- DB Rows
B1-Incline DB Fly
B2-Pull Overs (replacing lat pull downs, god i hate those)

Legs/Abs
A1-Squats
A2-Roamanian Deadlifts
B1-Hammy LEg Curls
B2-Calf RAises
Weighted Abs

Arms/Shoulders
A1-Tricep Pushdowns
A2-Barbell Curls
B1-DB Shoulder Press
B2-Rear Delt Face Pulls

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looks awesome, i see you went with GVT, guess im too late haha.

Ive been doing 5/3/1 program and i LOVE it. I feel like its the perfect combo of Power and Bodybuilding. I get my power in on my first lifts then switch to bodybuilding type workout for the rest and ive liked it alot. Ive been doing this split which i love a lot:

Mon: Chest Tri - 5/3/1 Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Flat DB, Incline Fly, Cables then tris just for the pump
Tue: Back/Bi - NO 5/3/1, Pull Ups, Bent Rows, RG Pull Downs, DB Rows, then bis just for the pump
Wens: Squats/Quads/Calfs - 5/3/1 Squat, Front Squat, Leg Ext, 1 leg Leg Press, Leg Ext, Calfs
Thurs: Shoulders- 5/3/1 Military Press, Hammer Srength Shoulder press, Upright Row, Side Raises, 2 Rear Delt exercises
Friday: Arms- NO 5/3/1, Barbell Curl, DB Preacher, Incline Curls, CG Bench, Skull Crushers, Pushdowns
Saturday: Deadlifts/Hamstrings/Calfs- 5/3/1 Deadlift, Lying Ham Curls, SL DL w/ DBs, Standing Leg curls, Calfs
Sunday: Rest

YES its very high frequency but i like it because its very well split up and allows for ample recovery, im in the gym quite a bit but still feeling recovered, no workout is longer then 1 hour 15 minutes.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks awesome, i see you went with GVT, guess im too late haha.

Ive been doing 5/3/1 program and i LOVE it. I feel like its the perfect combo of Power and Bodybuilding. I get my power in on my first lifts then switch to bodybuilding type workout for the rest and ive liked it alot. Ive been doing this split which i love a lot:

Mon: Chest Tri - 5/3/1 Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Flat DB, Incline Fly, Cables then tris just for the pump
Tue: Back/Bi - NO 5/3/1, Pull Ups, Bent Rows, RG Pull Downs, DB Rows, then bis just for the pump
Wens: Squats/Quads/Calfs - 5/3/1 Squat, Front Squat, Leg Ext, 1 leg Leg Press, Leg Ext, Calfs
Thurs: Shoulders- 5/3/1 Military Press, Hammer Srength Shoulder press, Upright Row, Side Raises, 2 Rear Delt exercises
Friday: Arms- NO 5/3/1, Barbell Curl, DB Preacher, Incline Curls, CG Bench, Skull Crushers, Pushdowns
Saturday: Deadlifts/Hamstrings/Calfs- 5/3/1 Deadlift, Lying Ham Curls, SL DL w/ DBs, Standing Leg curls, Calfs
Sunday: Rest

YES its very high frequency but i like it because its very well split up and allows for ample recovery, im in the gym quite a bit but still feeling recovered, no workout is longer then 1 hour 15 minutes.
Wow that's a beefy workout . I was toying with either gvt or PHAT training which seemed pretty cool. I like the power and hypertrophy days . So you're doing chest/. Triceps and back / biceps and then another arm day? Interesting . That volume must be intense .

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright so decided to go with PHAT for training. And let me tell you about my workout today.

It was upper body power day, I looked at what I had to accomplish and was like a deer in the headlights, it looked like so much. Popped two scoops of POWERMAX and head to the gym. First off, as usual, the energy factor was insane. So I get to my workout and im feeling like a monster just repping out weight I have never done before.

I get to flat DB Bench Press and before my thumb injury could only rep out maybe 65 for 5 so I grab the 65s and notice how easy it was to press them, got 9 reps. Picked up the 75s and was nervous because it seemed like heavy weight. Then I said **** it and started repping the 75s out for 5 reps CLEAN! I was so ****ing STOKED! I wanted to jump up and down but i thought that might make me look like I have a mental problem.

Then I get to shoulder press and star repping out 55s clean for 6 reps x3 sets :O. I have no idea what it is but I killed it today. Every part of my body was PUMPED up ... and lets not get me started about my lats. Lets just say 80 pound DBs + agmatine +citrilline = death .

And ive just been all around happier lately, not because of the POWERMAX, but just in general. I feel like it showed up in my lifting as well and I had no mental barrier from going from 65 to 75 pound Dbs at all or advancing my weight or going for an extra rep. My mental state was clear and perfect.

Tomorrow is Power lower day so ... see ya then

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you had a killer workout!

When did you begin your PHAT training program? Curious to see your results utilizing this regimen, especially overall strength gain. Keep up the hard work, looking forward to your log update tomorrow.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like you had a killer workout!

When did you begin your PHAT training program? Curious to see your results utilizing this regimen, especially overall strength gain. Keep up the hard work, looking forward to your log update tomorrow.
I've been on it for two days. My lower body power workout yesterday was brutal.

I was hitting PRs like a mutha****a. I hop on squat and once I get passed my warmup sets I go from 225x8 to 245x5 to 255x4 :D . Then what really was crazy was romanian deadlifts. I thought I was only going to be able to do 225, ended up 275 x 8 o_0 I was freaking out. I had some insane focus and mental clarity during this whole workout thanks too POWERMAX of course :D. It was an awesome workout to say the least.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, sounds like your responding really well to PowerMax, keep up the hard work!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yea, sounds like your responding really well to PowerMax, keep up the hard work!
This pwo really surprised me adizzle I didn't expect so much focus from such a simple complex. And it isn't losing its potency either .

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks brohter, we tried to keep it simple with the Pumps and Strength blend. A good daily dose of creatine with some other volumizers, you know its oging to work well. Citrulline +Agmatine + PLCAR is def. going to produce awesome pumps! With these two complex we wanted them to be simple yet very effective and i feel we accomplished jsut that.

Now for the energy it was a litte more in depth. Tyrsoine, PEA, Citrus Aurantium Extract and N-Methyltyramine all had a very synergistic feel that puts you in that tunnel vision wtih great energy without overstimming the user. We could have loaded it with more stims and caffeine to compete with those sitm heavy pre's, but again our focus was increasing the performance of the users not making them feel high.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Adizzle for summing it up. Sometimes "Less is more". Mies Van der Rohe the architect/designer who said that infamous phrase. Performax Labs takes a similar approach in designing their products as well. Less is more, except here you're getting less of the fillers/hype/unproven compounds and getting a simple, yet effective formula that is highly specific and targeted to increase overall performance. Glad you're enjoying this formula so much, looks like the formulators really nailed it. Looking forward to your next update and new PRs. Keep smashing the weights.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Alright so decided to go with PHAT for training. And let me tell you about my workout today.

It was upper body power day, I looked at what I had to accomplish and was like a deer in the headlights, it looked like so much. Popped two scoops of POWERMAX and head to the gym. First off, as usual, the energy factor was insane. So I get to my workout and im feeling like a monster just repping out weight I have never done before.

I get to flat DB Bench Press and before my thumb injury could only rep out maybe 65 for 5 so I grab the 65s and notice how easy it was to press them, got 9 reps. Picked up the 75s and was nervous because it seemed like heavy weight. Then I said **** it and started repping the 75s out for 5 reps CLEAN! I was so ****ing STOKED! I wanted to jump up and down but i thought that might make me look like I have a mental problem.

Then I get to shoulder press and star repping out 55s clean for 6 reps x3 sets :O. I have no idea what it is but I killed it today. Every part of my body was PUMPED up ... and lets not get me started about my lats. Lets just say 80 pound DBs + agmatine +citrilline = death .

And ive just been all around happier lately, not because of the POWERMAX, but just in general. I feel like it showed up in my lifting as well and I had no mental barrier from going from 65 to 75 pound Dbs at all or advancing my weight or going for an extra rep. My mental state was clear and perfect.

Tomorrow is Power lower day so ... see ya then
Nice man! Keep me updated on PHAT. Got a week and a half left on my 3rd 5/3/1 4 week cycle and was thinking of switching it up to either PHAT or a 5x5 program so I'd love to hear some feedback

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah sorry for the lack of updates, school has been getting in the way here. But I had a hypertrophy lower today and I woke up at 9, popped 2 scoops of powermax into my shaker and head to the gym. This workout was intense. Literally, too much volume I felt. I got home and felt sick to my stomach, head to class and literally had to leave because I felt dizzy and Like I was about to throw up all over my desk. I dont know if it was due to power max or what but it was horrible.

Right now I just feel 100% lethargic, head ache, and drowsy. Ah man, I'm not sure what brought about this feeling, might have been to much volume but damn it was a good workout. I did workout faste with BCAAs but that usually doesnt make my stomach hurt as much as it did.

May have to take a rest day tomorrow but we'll see how it goes..

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I dont think its the Powermax because we have no had this report before, it may be from just too high of volume. Maybe back down to 1.5 scoops next time then try 2 scoops after that. My guess would be the volume but just to be safe try a smaller dose next time.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont think its the Powermax because we have no had this report before, it may be from just too high of volume. Maybe back down to 1.5 scoops next time then try 2 scoops after that. My guess would be the volume but just to be safe try a smaller dose next time.
Yeah, because powermax never did that to me, so I knew it couldnt be that. Mustve been the volume, i didnt eat so i was just siping BCAAs during my workout, not enough water? Well I ate a sh1tload of food and im feeling a little better. Damn that life itself just slammed me . Ha i guess im not mad since it was a pretty dope workout. When I have time im going to throw up my logs of my lifts.

Blah now that I'm thinking clearly it was my blood sugar dipping low because I trained fasted, haven't done that in so long my body must've not been used to it. Solution : moar oatmeal and carbs 2 hours pwo hehe

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea now that you mention that i def. think thats what it is. Training on an empty stomach really messes me up, i get shaky and feel sick to my stomach as well as light headed. Make sure and get some more carbs in there pre and post!

Keep up the hard work brother!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday I lifted Chest/Arms hypertrophy. I was feeling a lot better and even lifted more than I usually do which is weird because I thought I was feeling burnt out lately. But then I thought to myself a couple scoops of powermax would make me feel better :D (that and 4,000 kCals hehe). Anyway, I really didnt feel the caffeine rush from powermax but holy hell did I feel the focus. I couldn't stop thinking about my next life and how I was going to execute it and how many reps I wanted and then worked for. It was an intense lift session.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I honestly now know the meaning of getting enough calories in. I ate 4,315 kCals the other day, the most I have ever eaten. I woke up, clear mind, no headaches today, and am feeling great to get this lift in. Honestly, calories + heavy training are the recipe needed to mix bodybuilding with regular life style. The hard part is just getting in enough calories :O. But in all seriousness I have never been so hungry before, I love it. Hitting up the gym in 20 minutes. Two scoops of powermax + upper power day...... oh boy.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
The caffeine rush isn't something that Performax Labs had in mind. I never felt overwhelmed or felt that huge kick in the ass in energy. But instead had me highly motivated and focused, definitely helped me train with more intensity.

Stoked for your workout today, looking forward to today's update

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
80 lbs DBs x3 bench press:D highlight of this whole lift. I went up in everything! I MEAN EVERYTHING! Reps and Weight. I was killing it in the gym tonight, honestly the focus part of power max is coming out and im sensing it more and more. I love it. Im so just in the zone. I was sitting there with the 80lbs DBs just thinking about lifting them, so zoned in, to other people i look zoned out :D.

Let me describe the focus with a parable. The gym was filled with a ****load of people, so usually when that happens and I go without a PWO i get really distracted and it sucks. With powermax i ****ing literally was able to zone everyone out and just lifting, concentrating on muscle contractions, perfectly. My movements were so on point. Loving this powermaxx right about now

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Power lower day today and damn I was going off. My squat weight went up by 10 lbs since my last lower power day, went from 255 -> 265 for 4reps/2sets. That felt good, especially going below parellel . I was feeling good and did NOT feel like sh1t afterwords today, actually I feel really active and attentive. I think last weeks burn out was due to not enough 1. water 2. carbs pre workout (Was fasted) and 3. Lack of sleep.

Im going to mixx powermax once this tub is gone, seriously. My appetite has been THROUGH THE ROOF. Usually I struggle to fit in 3300 kCals a day but once I started powermax its like hitting 4000+ isnt a hard reality. And its been my reality every on day, off days I slice my carbs. But I'm happy for this not murdering my appetite like most other PWOs. So far this has to be one of my most favorite PWOs I have ever used, add a little bit of beta-alanine in there and we got ourselves a product to turn the tides here :D

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad your enjoying it brother i def. notice it increases my appetite as well which i really enjoy.

Not our next product but down the line were releasing a product containing beta-alanine which will stack PERFECT with powermax!!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad your enjoying it brother i def. notice it increases my appetite as well which i really enjoy.

Not our next product but down the line were releasing a product containing beta-alanine which will stack PERFECT with powermax!!
Oh boy, you'll have to keep me informed I will have to try it out.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We will and if you signed up for our news letter on our website you'll have a much better oppurtunity to try it. We have our next product launching within next 2 months and its going to be freaking awesome!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We will and if you signed up for our news letter on our website you'll have a much better oppurtunity to try it. We have our next product launching within next 2 months and its going to be freaking awesome!
already done ;).

Im loving PHAT so far by the way. I get to increase the weight on all my hypertrophy and strength days. I can tell im getting stronger and larger. Im up to 185 lbs so far. Sometimes those hypertrophy days last for awhile it seems, so powermax is doing a good job of keeping me alive during these hell workouts. But hey hard work = results. And I am seeing them alright.

On a side note, I love how 2 scoops of powermax has the perfect amount of creatine to keep me saturated . I haven't touched my bulk creapture in weeks :D. I love saving money, having a good PWO, and getting larger.... god thats the life right there

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea definitely and i love it because of that too, makes it a lot easier!

I think i may try it soon, im liking 5/3/1 program though alot, went from 435x1 to 455x2 in a month!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for being out of the loop this week, had a major family emergency. Have some catching up to do over the weekend.

From the looks of it, I need to start this PHAT training program. Looks like it's doing you quite well, and Powermax is helping you maximize your training performance.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Yea definitely and i love it because of that too, makes it a lot easier!

I think i may try it soon, im liking 5/3/1 program though alot, went from 435x1 to 455x2 in a month!
Yes I can vouch for 5/3/1 program. I've seen Adizzle1 set some sweet PRs this past week. The 455x2 was quite impressive, and looks like he had some more juice left in him.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry for being out of the loop this week, had a major family emergency. Have some catching up to do over the weekend.

From the looks of it, I need to start this PHAT training program. Looks like it's doing you quite well, and Powermax is helping you maximize your training performance.
Mhm, best program and the hardest I have ever done. Im taking two rest days to try and reset myself so ill update it sunday

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Adizzle1 thanks for the advice. I'll have to talk it over with you sometime

Any Updates Eatmoar? I'm eager to see the great results you were getting from it last week. Hope all is well

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Adizzle1 thanks for the advice. I'll have to talk it over with you sometime

Any Updates Eatmoar? I'm eager to see the great results you were getting from it last week. Hope all is well
yeah sorry man, I had too take 4 days off from lifting. I ended up getting burnt out, then sick, but tomorrow .... incoming huge update. Going back for the first time in 4 days. 2 scoops of powermax should do the rest. Also im gaining a crapload of mass, on my 3rd week of PHAT. its pretty intense. I might switch it up but im not sure.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mega Update.

So today I started my 4th week into PHAT. Loving it so far, gaining mass, and im recomping ATM.

Highlights from todays workout:

DB Bench Press 80lbs x 5 for 3 sets . I had some insane focus thanks to powermax.
DB Shoulder Press 55lbs x 8/7/7 for 3 sets. Amazing here, my shoulders were dead but i just kept pumping out reps like a monster.
DB Row 90lbs x4 for 3 sets. This was just pure insane. I thought going up would ruin my form but it stayed perfect. I Was at one with the back muscles ;).

So coming back I decided on 1.5 scoops of powermax and it did the trick. It was a long workout today. I Was lifting for about 1 hour and 20 minutes and then had to do abs. I still feel the focus and stim affects from powermax right now, and I took it at around 3. I missed this stuff :)

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Nice man. That looks like a great workout

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Late but subbed!Nice work so far!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you fellas. And Mack thanks for the Focus XT samples buddy :D.

So today I'm calling it on my last day of PHAT. Its been 4 weeks, time to change it up. PHAT is a great program but man its heavy volume and it sometimes take upwards of 2 hours, which I simply don't have anymore. I am going back to a traditional split and maybe back to PHAT in the future. I am actually kind of bored with it already to be honest.

Anyway, today I tried out something different for legs. I did 10 sets of Squats. Going from 135 in increments (135, 155, 185, 225, 245 , 185, 155 , 135) + 2 warm up sets. So I went up and then went down trying to stay within the same rep range I had before. Its kind of like some reverse pyramid training, or technically pyramid training but going up the pyramid then back down the other end lol. It was fvvvvckkkkkinnnngggg brutal. I had my buddy with me today. I gave him a sample of Powermax and he said he loved the stuff. Without it we wouldnt have been able to finish this beast of squat reps.

So anyway, long story short, I had to run to the bath room on that last set of 135 :(. But damn that type of training is brutal, I think i'm going to incorporate it into my new split which ill post up here.

So far so good on the powermax, it hasnt lost its luster yet..... really surprised to be honest. I can;t believe I havent adapted to the stim effect yet. I'm kind of happy lol.

Oh BTW, my leg pump is out of this world. I really can't walk or sit down which kind of sucks since I have work in an hour :D hahaha.

So I finally have a set diet. I'm going to carb cycle this recomp. Ill keep my carbs low for 5 days (M-F) then re feed on weekends with healthy carbs . I'm going to end up around 120-150g low carb days and 350+ on the re feed days. This should be flush with my training. I'm going to re feed on weekends. So for now I'm going to deplete my glycogen stores until next weekend then refeed. It doesn't matter if I eat above/at my maintenance on off days because ill be doing cardio either way. So I feel like this plan is better than the traditional recomp style of excess on on days and deficit on off days. Plus I love low carb you look dry :D.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you got everything under control. I like the disciplined approach, might have to get that APP myself. Thanks for the update!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you got everything under control. I like the disciplined approach, might have to get that APP myself. Thanks for the update!
greatest app ever Dr . Seriously, I love high fat, high protein and low carbs. I feel like I hold onto less water weight and my abs just "pop".

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Started my new split today. Two scoops of powermax and off to Deadlift!

I got 315x7 first day back at dead lifting in awhile. Pretty excited about that:D

Tomorrow will be a rest day or legs since I ****ed up my legs day the other day cause I only slept 2 hours the night before . :(. Poor legs need some abuse I mean attention;)

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, thats really good for your first day back in a while! Good job! Glad your still enjoying the product!