Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Thanks for this weeks updates. A new PR is great accomplishment, enjoy the 3 day break. Sometimes you need to make breaks in life, especially if it's a badass music festival! Which one are you going to?
    Former- Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    [COLOR=#333333]

2. Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

No problem on the updates, if you saw my previous logs (alphamine and working out) you would see how determined I am to give a quantity oh posts at a high quality.

I'm at Winter Park, CO got Snowball. First full 3 day festival since I only went to Global one day last summer. Last night was nuts and in hoping today will be as well
    Justin
    Instagram: legsthesizeofkegs
    •   

3. haha hope your having fun brother!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  4. Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

Festival was awesome but I'm itching to get back in the gym tomorrow. Hopefully this down time will help me out but it was a hell of a leg workout dancing for 6 hours a day for 3 days in a row
    Justin

5. Looking forward to your next day back!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   

6. Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

Just finished my workout. Legs were cashed from the festival and driving back 4 1/2 hours this morning but it was squat day and I was determined to bust it out.

Still can't put my tongue on the taste. It's not bad, but maybe just not my personal preference. I've seen other people say it tastes good so i think its me. It could also be I'm just burnt out on fruit punch since my last 2 pre workouts were fruit punch and so are my BCAAs. Took 2 scoops around 8:45. Energy was a huge boost today and I went into the gym feeling real good mentally but I could tell I was a little tight. Nothing a little foam rolling, stretching and a lacrosse ball couldn't fix. Loosened up real quick and I had a pretty good workout. One thing I noticed is that I never felt tired. I honestly could have just kept adding on the weight on squats for my different sets and then hopped back in on about 20-30 seconds rest. Did this for my warmup sets and the first working set of squats but told myself to at least wait 60 on the last 2. Overall great day in the gym. A little less accessory work this time but I got my main lift in and a couple more lifts so I was satisfied with the leg day.

Squat day:
    Squat:
    10x45 - made sure I was loose enough to go below parallel
    5x135
    5x155
    3x185
    5x225
    3x255
    6x280 - got 7 but I was a little wobbly (core wasn't tight on 7th) so I didn't count it as a rep

Hack Squat:
    10x180
    10x230
    10x270
    10x360
    10x410

Decline Sit-ups:
    10x0
    10x10
    10x10
    10x25
    10x25

Good Mornings:
    10x95
    10x115
    10x135

Felt pretty good after the workout. Had a protein shake and rolled out my legs a bit so hopefully my DOMS aren't too bad tomorrow. Kinda painful rolling out my pumps haha legs and back were looking and feeling real solid today.

Still very impressed with Powermax.

Just gotta get my paycheck next week, make sure I have enough for rent, groceries and the other bills, and then buy another tub for when I run out of this one.

Gonna try 1 scoop for studying tomorrow during the morning and 1 scoop for cardio mid afternoon to see how that treats me. I'm expecting it to kill it since the focus in the gym is so good
    Justin

7. Had 1 scoop at 10 am and cracked open my books and notes. I can honestly say it was pretty close to the adderall feeling, zoned in on my books, notes and the computer. Read and took notes on about 150 pages in about 4 hours I would say. Kept me going real good.

Had another scoop at 2 to hit the gym for some cardio. Wooh I was sweating hard and basically made cardio a mindless activity because I was just focused on watching ESPN for some LISS biking for 30 minutes. Finished off with some intervals on the stairstepper switching between levels 7 and 12. Did that for about 15 minutes and hit the sauna for about 10 minutes. I was soaked walking out of that gym. So awesome
    Justin

8. There was actually one guy who posted on our facebook who used Powemax to study for the LSAT's and got like a 166 i believe, its focus is amazing!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  9. Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    There was actually one guy who posted on our facebook who used Powemax to study for the LSAT's and got like a 166 i believe, its focus is amazing!
    Wow that's awesome! I can definitely attest to the focus because I was zoned in and didn't get distracted at all. Going to use at least a scoop a day the next few days when finishing up studying and then again on Monday when I have my test.

Trying to decide whether I want to deload this week or recalculate my 5/3/1 and just jump back into it
    Justin

10. after a couple mesocycles on the deload week i actually did a max out week basically doing doubles or triples all the way up to the my max for 2. My Squat has gone up from 435x1 to 455x2!

You may want to devote a week to a real max out day, because even the 5/3/1 week doesnt show your true max effort.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  11. Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

That actually sounds like a really good idea. Ill get my roommate to go with me this week in order to have a spotter there and actually get my true 1RM and his too since I'm trying to get him in the gym more.
    Justin

12. Woke up feeling like crap so I didn't workout during the day. Sore throat, congested and a headache. Took some emergen-c and a few ibprofen a couple hours ago. Feeling a little better now so I am going to take a scoop before my hockey game at 10 and then another scoop after for when I hit the gym late night. No early classes tomorrow so the schedule tomorrow will be sleeping in and then hitting the gym in the afternoon for some max testing! Hopefully if I feel better at least haha
    Justin

13. Looking forward to seeing your max effort lifts, good luck brother!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

14. Thanks man, I'm really excited for it. Can't wait. Played some hockey tonight with 1 scoop and I was going for days out there. Cleared my head so I'm thinking of going to the gym tonight to do some foam work and some light weight to loosen up a bit so hopefully I can kill it tomorrow.
    Justin

15. I think my max testing is going to go something like this using max calculators for theoretical max:
    50% -> 8 reps
    60% -> 5 reps
    70% -> 3 reps
    80% -> 1 rep
    90% -> 1 rep
    100% -> 1 rep
    And then go up by 5 or 10 until failure.
    I saw this outlined on another site and seemed like a good way to test max lifts. Previously, I really had no warmup or testing protocol so I'm gonna test this out
    Justin

16. This product has not let me down yet. This week I've been feeling a little sick so Powermax has kept me going whether it has been lifting, cardio or even studying. Love it. Took 2 scoops around 2:30. Got to the gym at 3. I think the taste is growing on me. I liked it more today. Perfect mixability. Got to the gym and felt focused and ready to lift.

But damn... not the best day. Little sore throat but I got plenty of sleep last night. Foam rolled a little bit to get the blood flowing while the benches were all taken. Got to the bench and followed the percentages above the best I could. Only thing I think I could have done better was my rest periods being longer and getting cocky when the weights feel light. Disappointed but still gave it my all. Here's how it broke down:
    Bench
    8 reps x 115 lbs
    1 min rest
    5x135
    1 min rest
    3x155
    1 min rest
    1x175
    2 min rest
    1x195
    2.5 min rest
    1x215 - this felt light and easy so I thought I'd jump up to 2 plates, which is my PR, set about 4 years ago before shoulder problems
    2.5 min rest
    0x225 - controlled it down, hit low breast plate, got it up about halfway and failed. Damn.
    4 min rest
    0x220 - controlled it down and got it almost to lockout but couldn't get it all the way and had to have my spotter bring it up the last about 2 inches
    4.5 min rest
    0x220 - brought it down and got it half way up. Called it after this one.

Chest was reasonably pumped with the little amount of rep work and the long amounts of rest. Still felt good afterwards
    Justin

17. I woulda shot for more rest time, even on the lower weight 1 min IMO is not enough. This is what i did monday

bar x 30
    1 min
    135x10
    2 Min
    135x2
    2 Min
    185x2
    3 Min
    225x2
    4 min
    275x2
    5 min
    295x2
    5 Min
    315x2

I think you just need more rest!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

18. I think that is definitely it. I tried to slow down but it's like I had to get at the weights. Usually my rest time is a lot less than that tho, it was painful waiting at the bench for a couple minutes. Next time I will slow it down by much more and keep to a higher rest time.
    Justin

19. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    This product has not let me down yet. This week I've been feeling a little sick so Powermax has kept me going whether it has been lifting, cardio or even studying. Love it. Took 2 scoops around 2:30. Got to the gym at 3. I think the taste is growing on me. I liked it more today. Perfect mixability. Got to the gym and felt focused and ready to lift.

But damn... not the best day. Little sore throat but I got plenty of sleep last night. Foam rolled a little bit to get the blood flowing while the benches were all taken. Got to the bench and followed the percentages above the best I could. Only thing I think I could have done better was my rest periods being longer and getting cocky when the weights feel light. Disappointed but still gave it my all. Here's how it broke down:
    Bench
    8 reps x 115 lbs
    1 min rest
    5x135
    1 min rest
    3x155
    1 min rest
    1x175
    2 min rest
    1x195
    2.5 min rest
    1x215 - this felt light and easy so I thought I'd jump up to 2 plates, which is my PR, set about 4 years ago before shoulder problems
    2.5 min rest
    0x225 - controlled it down, hit low breast plate, got it up about halfway and failed. Damn.
    4 min rest
    0x220 - controlled it down and got it almost to lockout but couldn't get it all the way and had to have my spotter bring it up the last about 2 inches
    4.5 min rest
    0x220 - brought it down and got it half way up. Called it after this one.

Chest was reasonably pumped with the little amount of rep work and the long amounts of rest. Still felt good afterwards

Sounds like Powermax is not only improving your physical performance but also mental focus with studying. You are not the first to mention Powermax aiding in completing tasks and providing additional focus when executing analytical operations.

Your workout looks solid, but I do have a question regarding the rest times. Given this workout regimen, what made you go with those specific rest times and what is your current goal?
    [COLOR=#333333]
  20. Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Veritas View Post
    Sounds like Powermax is not only improving your physical performance but also mental focus with studying. You are not the first to mention Powermax aiding in completing tasks and providing additional focus when executing analytical operations.

Your workout looks solid, but I do have a question regarding the rest times. Given this workout regimen, what made you go with those specific rest times and what is your current goal?
    Ya definitely with the mental performance boost on top of the physical. My school work has improved I've noticed since this log. So awesome

I have never kept track of my rest time so I didn't know how long I rested for. I just timed it this last session and had to make sure I was waiting at least a minute. And then I watched the clock for the rest of the time.
    Justin

21. Great deadlift workout today. Haven't built up a tolerance yet so the energy and focus aspects are still on point. Got 310 for 1 rep today! New personal record. Took the advice you guys gave me and took more rest time. Here's how it broke down after warm up stretches:

8 reps x 145 lbs
    1.5 min rest
    5x175
    2 min rest
    3x200
    3 min rest
    1x230
    4 min rest
    1x260
    5 min rest
    1x285
    5 min rest
    1x300
    7 min rest
    1x305
    7 min rest
    1x310 PR!
    7 min rest
    0x315 - got up to right above knee level but couldn't lock it out. Grip started to fail as well. Gotta get my grip strength up but I was sweating pretty good and had no chalk.

Felt really good today. Traps were freakishly pumped up, wish I would have taken a pic. Pumps all around were outstanding. Loving this

Kinda felt like a dick taking the rack for about an hour but I let people work in so and that helped my rest time out to stretch it out without just standing there
    Justin

22. Looks like a super awesome workout brother! Great deadlift strength by the way! Keep up all the hard work!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  23. Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

Damn. Took a scoop earlier to study and then another scoop before the test. Writing that essay was the hardest thing ever haha. I was focused but I got a forearm pump and I could barely squeeze my hand haha. Veins were popping out writing the paper. After every paragraph I would have to take a minute to try to reduce the pump. Killing it
    Justin

24. Wow that's awesome. Staying swoll while studying? Sounds like a great experience, thrilled to see the focus really working well for you in and out of the gym.
    [COLOR=#333333]

25. Yup! It's pretty awesome being completely focused on the task at hand, the pump effects are just a bonus. I'm about to hit the gym for OHP max day so I'm hoping for some new PRs on top of acing that test.
    Justin
  26. Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

Sorry guys this sickness is killing me. I fell asleep last night on accident so I didn't lift. Went to the doc today, he thinks its strep. I hope not. I'm gonna get a lift in later tho
    Justin

27. OHP max day! Still a little sick so my rest time was similar to the deadlift rest time:
    8 reps x 70 lbs
    5x85
    3x100
    1x110
    1x125
    1x140
    0x145

Thought I could get 145 but nope. So close tho, had to rack it at about 3/4 up. Still a good day. 2 scoops, 10 minutes before, focus and energy came into my workout about 10 minutes into my workout. Haven't mentioned it before but I have been getting a thermo effect if I take 2 scoops, like sweating a lot when sitting in class and I wake up a little sweaty. Not sure if it's the Powermax blend or just caffeine.
    Justin

28. Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    OHP max day! Still a little sick so my rest time was similar to the deadlift rest time:8 reps x 70 lbs5x853x1001x1101x1251x1400x1 45Thought I could get 145 but nope. So close tho, had to rack it at about 3/4 up. Still a good day. 2 scoops, 10 minutes before, focus and energy came into my workout about 10 minutes into my workout. Haven't mentioned it before but I have been getting a thermo effect if I take 2 scoops, like sweating a lot when sitting in class and I wake up a little sweaty. Not sure if it's the Powermax blend or just caffeine.
    Looks like a good workout, you'll get up the 145 next time!Hmm I've never tried scooping before my warmpup cardio. I usually down it before heading out on a drive to the gym. Maybe that isn't a bad idea, because when Powermax kicks in and I'm stuck in traffic, things might get a little heated! hahaWould you consider yourself a person who sweats quite easily, or has this just been occuring as of late? I know if I step out of a hot steam room and take a cold shower, I'm still sweating long after. I sweat quite easily though?
    [COLOR=#333333]

29. Sorry for the lack of updates these past few days. Had 4 papers to write. Good thing I had some Powermax, scoop a day kept em churning out.

I took 2 scoops on Wednesday before hockey to see how 2 would treat me in intense cardio. Did not let me down. We had 6 guys there for our mens league team so 1 sub, and they had 3 full lines. Game was 2 20 minute run periods, 1 15 minute stop so I was on the ice for the majority of that time and although I could feel myself getting tired, my legs kept churning and I had great bursts of speed at points real late in the 3rd period.

Unfortunately, all of that skating combined with the OHP the day before left my body a little worn down. I plan on going to the gym in about 40 minutes to SQUAT max, hell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Veritas View Post
    Looks like a good workout, you'll get up the 145 next time!Hmm I've never tried scooping before my warmpup cardio. I usually down it before heading out on a drive to the gym. Maybe that isn't a bad idea, because when Powermax kicks in and I'm stuck in traffic, things might get a little heated! hahaWould you consider yourself a person who sweats quite easily, or has this just been occuring as of late? I know if I step out of a hot steam room and take a cold shower, I'm still sweating long after. I sweat quite easily though?
    I didn't plan on taking it right before the workout but I was lifting near my parents house so I took it and went on a run and got to the gym way quicker than I thought haha. I sweat easily around my pits but I've noticed my hands to be more sweaty. Could be me just noticing it now.
    Justin

30. Quick update:
    2 scoops, really focused in on the weights. Worked up to 325 for a single. Didn't go below parallel on 340 and I could feel my legs straining. Didn't wanna risk injury so I racked it. Only have maybe 7 more workouts left in the tub. Kinda depressing haha
    Justin
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 07:55 PM
  2. help with changing up my workout routine
    By allday54 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 03:19 PM
  3. my experience with IA
    By lockandload in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 09:16 PM
  4. My experience with a crazy ass Philly fan today.
    By Iron Warrior in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 01:38 AM
  5. My experiences with slin for your edification
    By elijah_123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2003, 10:40 AM