Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

joh408

Awards
  • Established
First off, big shout out to Adizzle1 and Performax for allowing me to log their preworkout Powermax. Pretty stoked on it since I have been looking for a new preworkout for a little bit. Can't wait for this to get here Thursday.

Stats:
5'8" 185 lbs
20 years old
Continuing my cut using IF and CKD
Using 5/3/1 with periodization for accessory work

Previous Pre-WO's:

Jack3d, FBX, White Flood, Hemavol, random samples here and there

In this log, I'll be updating with my workouts, some pics to show pump and my evaluations of the product.

Areas of Focus:
Energy (Intensity and Endurance)
Pump
Vascularity
Focus
Taste
and any other things I feel while trying out this product

I will only be using PES Erase, USP ModernBCAAs (used when fasting) and a multi-v while logging this. Dropping all other stims for the most part (coffee here and there) so I can get the full energy effect of the product.

Can't wait to get this started!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea brother, really excited to see how you like it. Im also glad you tried those pre workouts, stim feeling should be similar to something like white flood but a little stronger is what most people report. And the pumps should be similar to hemavol, again this is what users have reported so far! So you should love it!!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bud! If the stim effects are more than White Flood and pump effects on par with Hemavol, I will be a huge fan. I am going to do an upper body workout tonight with 2 scoops Hemavol and take some pics to get a baseline of what me with a pump looks like so I can compare it to Powermax

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Received mine today. Already lifted today so tomorrow will be the starting day with squat day. Couple pics to get this started:
Bottle, Label looks great!:
Powermax bottle.jpg

Comparison in size to Hemavol:
Powermax comparison.jpg

Scoop size:
Powermax Scoop.jpg

Couple pump pictures to give you a basis of what my pump looks like:
Feb26 B.jpg

Feb26 Bi.jpg

Feb26 F.jpg

Excited to get this started tomorrow! Let's do this!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome start to the log! I honestly really love 2 scoops of PowerMax + 1 scoop of Hemavol, its almost too much!! Looking forward to your thoughts on PowerMax!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Awesome start to the log! I honestly really love 2 scoops of PowerMax + 1 scoop of Hemavol, its almost too much!! Looking forward to your thoughts on PowerMax!
Thanks man. If its alright I'm gonna start with 2 scoops since I used my samples at 2 scoops each. Those pump pics were on 2 scoops hemavol and the pics don't do em justice. I had spider webs on my forearms and I couldn't fully extend my arms fully my tricep pump was so big. Last time I got that was the Powermax samples I had so I'm super pumped to start the log tomorrow

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your stats parallel mine, I'm in this. Murder it joh! How do you like 5/3/1 ? I'm switching it up to either that or GVT tomorrow or next week. Would love to see the feedback on 5/3/1 as I've already dabbled in gvt before .

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Your stats parallel mine, I'm in this. Murder it joh! How do you like 5/3/1 ? I'm switching it up to either that or GVT tomorrow or next week. Would love to see the feedback on 5/3/1 as I've already dabbled in gvt before .
I love 5/3/1. It's been great so far for progressing each week. I do accessory work with the Periodization bible so my sets still stay high. I'm a big fan of heavy weight/low rep and so this works out for me.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Had my first day with Powermax and I am loving it so far.
First impressions:
Mixability: Took about 20 seconds to shake up 2 scoops into 15oz of water. Completely dissolved, no little pieces at the bottom, a little foam at the top but it went away within 5 seconds or so.
5/5
Taste: Tasted pretty good, a little bit like cough syrup with the after taste. Not the best fruit punch I've had but not the worst
4/5
Intensity: Drank it about 25 minutes before my workout and right as I got the gym I had great energy and was able to explode out of parallel on squats. Plenty of energy to superset roman chair knee raises and back raises.
5/5
Endurance: My lift was pretty short today but worked on quick movements and little rest. I could have stayed in the gym longer but I went to play hockey. After a heavy squat day, I feel like this was keeping me going during the 1+ hour of drop in. My legs were heavy but they kept moving and I was going pretty hard around the rink.
5/5
Pump:
My quads were rock solid while lifting. Felt like they were gonna burst out of my skin. Calves were pumped up as well. About on par with Hemavol, maybe a little less but my legs are pretty solid as is so it's hard to tell.
4.5/5
Vascularity:
I didn't notice any extra veins popping up and my legs aren't veiny as is so this one is hard to tell on leg days.
TBD
Focus:
Driving to the gym I could start to feel it kicking in. I was only focused on the road and barely listened to the music at all. Once I got to the gym I was only focused on my lifts. Rest time was spent looking at the weights, drinking some water and wanting to hop back in the rack. Fantastic.
5/5

I am even more excited on Powermax now and can't wait to get back in the gym tomorrow for bench day.
My lifts for anyone that is interested:
Squat:
5 reps x 135 lbs
5x185
3x205
3x225
3x245
7x255

Supersetted Roman Chair Knee Raises and Back Raises
RCKR:
50 reps total

Back Raise:
10x10
10x25
10x25
10x35
10x35

At this point my back was pretty pumped and it was hard to hack squat so I only did 3 sets
Hack Squats:
10x180
10x180
10x270

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the detailed introduction of yourself. Seems like you and I both share very similar tastes in supplements. Especially one of the more recent additions to my list, Hemavol. Powermax reminds me alot of what I experience when taking Hemavol, but with a badass kick in energy. Stoked for this log and upcoming updates.

Train Hard,
Dr. Veritas

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Ya I was missing my energy kick from the preworkout with Hemavol and now its basically best of both worlds with Powermax concerning pump and energy. Big fan of your guys' product right now and I'm hoping it can help me keep progressing through my lifts.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
I agree completely, the guys over at Perfomax Labs really knew what they were doing when designing this. Jitters and bouncing off the wall energy was cool when I was 16, but now its all about the product that helps take me to the next level. The pumps along with a steady flow of energy, really had me motivated and racking plates like nobody's business.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree completely, the guys over at Perfomax Labs really knew what they were doing when designing this. Jitters and bouncing off the wall energy was cool when I was 16, but now its all about the product that helps take me to the next level. The pumps along with a steady flow of energy, really had me motivated and racking plates like nobody's business.
We all remember our first energy drink or encounter with caffeine

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Damn I am impressed. Had a great chest day. Arms were pumped, chest was pumped. I'll add some more thoughts later.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Didn't get a chance to update this Saturday or Sunday since I got busy and I can't sleep right now so I figure I'd update it.

Intensity: Drank it about 30 minutes prior to lifting. Again, came on strong and smooth with the energy and I was able to bust out a good workout.
5/5
Endurance: Did bench day on Saturday and felt like I had so much gas in the tank. Had to leave only because I had plans but damn, I could have added a few more lifts and been good to go.
5/5
Pump:
Huge arm pump. Like literally couldn't straighten my arm my tris were so big. Looked like I was flexed for the next 2 hours and had girls commenting on my arms. Loving it
4.5/5
Vascularity:
This is where it shined for me. I had veins I didn't even know abut popping out for my forearms and shoulders. This was an amazing look and I had to stop myself a few times from admiring my pump and veins in the mirror during my rests.
5/5
Focus:
Again, driving to the gym I could start to feel it kicking in. Got to the gym, sat down on a bench, busted out my warm up sets and had complete mind muscle connection. Focused completely on completing the lifts with solid form and really feeling my muscles work. Felt awesome
5/5

Workout looked like:
Bench:
5 reps x 95 lbs
5x105
3x125
5x145
3x170
5x190

CG Bench (Hands about 5-6" apart):
10x65
10x75
10x75
10x95
10x115

Lat Pulldown:
10x105
10x105
10x105
8x120
15x75

Iso Hammer Incline:
10x80
10x80
10x45
10x45
20x35
20x25

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looks like another awesome workout, glad your noticing the pumps so much and thats awesome it lasted for so long, and ofcourse girls commenting is always a plus haha!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Another great workout, Awesome!

Glad you mentioned "Muscle Mind Connection" It something that I've looked for when using past PWOs. The formulation really allowed me to experience that kick and high energy the right way, more focus and motivation, less uncontrolled/jittery energy that detaches from the muscle mind connection principle.

Looking forward to your next update. Train Hard!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Another great workout, Awesome!

Glad you mentioned "Muscle Mind Connection" It something that I've looked for when using past PWOs. The formulation really allowed me to experience that kick and high energy the right way, more focus and motivation, less uncontrolled/jittery energy that detaches from the muscle mind connection principle.

Looking forward to your next update. Train Hard!
Thanks man. And ya the focus aspect for me is huge. One of the reasons I didn't like White Flood that much was the lack of focused energy. I was stimmed up but yet my mind wasn't on point. Powermax has been huge in this element. All of my energy and focus are on the lift

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Looks like another awesome workout, glad your noticing the pumps so much and thats awesome it lasted for so long, and ofcourse girls commenting is always a plus haha!
Thanks bud. Pumps were on point with hemavol and vascularity was even better. Feeling awesome so far

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, ive always been a fan of Hemavol so when powermax came out i was happy to get something with similar pumps without having to buy another energy product! We've heard that quite a bit, and hemavol is an awesome product so really says a lot!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Late deadlift workout tonight. Can't get into the gym til about 11 with my group project. Might go 1 scoop so I'm not too stimmed. Or just go 2 scoops and use some melatonin and hope I can get to bed before 3. Luckily I have no class tomorrow so I can sleep in

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Took 2 scoops at 10:50, got to the gym around 11 and killed it! I had so much drive for being such a long day. Woke up at 5 am to study for a test and do a whole lot more school stuff. Everything was on par with what I said before. Pumps were huge, for example, I was doing seated leg curls and the first set I could put the support pad down 2 notches, by the 3rd set my legs were rock solid and I could only go down 1 notch and that was even a tight fit.

Deadlift day:
Hack Squat:
10 reps x 180 lbs
10x270
10x270
10x360
10x360

Deadlift:
5x95
5x115
3x135
5x175
3x195
10x215 New PR!! Full disclosure, I had never done deadlifts before starting 5/3/1 in December so I took it slow and built up but I busted out these 10 reps. I am sure I could do even more if I was well rested. Wasn't even planning on going that high and around 6 reps I started to slow down so my form would be consistent and I got 4 more reps. My body and mind were on the same page pulling. Loved it

Leg Curls:
10x70
10x85
10x100
10x115
10x130 PR

Hanging Knee Raises:
30 reps total

Another killer workout. I'm going to have to pick up a few more tubs of this even before my log is done even tho I have full bottles Enhanced and Hemavol sitting on my shelf already. Love it

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, glad your enjoying it so much and i agree sometimes the pumps can be almost overwhelming! Glad your enjoying it!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to todays update!
Look no further haha. Just finished up my workout.

Took 2 scoops at 1:10 and headed to the gym. I have been draggin ass all week battling tests and projects so I needed the stim today. And I sure did get it. Like usual, energy slowly creeped up and so did focus to the point where once I got to the gym at 1:30, I could feel it was gonna be a hell of a day. With no plans for the rest of the day, I did more of an endurance workout and Powermax did not let me down. After I did my 5/3/1 of overhead press (8x120 PR!), I worked around to 21 more sets of lifts. Did incline, db rows, bent over rows, lat pull down and tricep pushdown. Kept on cruising through everything so I ended it with 20 minutes on the bike doing about 4 miles. Extremely impressed with Powermax. Usually I am spent after 15 sets of accessory work to be too tired to do even more set and some cardio but I kept on going. Pumps are here with me still from pushing that weight. I am pretty amped up so sorry if this is droning on haha.

OHP lift for today:
OHP:
10 reps x 45 lbs
5x60
5x70
3x80
5x95
3x105
8x120 New PR!

Incline:
10x65
10x75
10x95
10x95

DB Rows:
10x75
10x80
10x85
8x90
10x80

Bent over rows (New to me still, just started incorporating them last week):
10x115
10x135
10x135
10x155

Lat Pulldown:
10x90
10x105
10x120
10x120
6x135

So pumped up after these last 3 that it was almost painful. Like that skin shredding pump that just wants to burst out.

Tricep Pushdown:
10x80
10x90
8x100*

*Skin was so tight I couldn't get the full contraction on the last set, went down as low as I could but not all the way down

Endurance factor of this product is huge. Still got a good amount of energy but it's not cracked out. My arms, chest and back are feeling fuller than usual even now but at the gym I felt shredded.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, it sounds like a killer workout, im doing 5/3/1 today with OH press as well!

Endurance is one of the main points for Powermax so im glad your noticing it! Keep up all your hard work!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, it sounds like a killer workout, im doing 5/3/1 today with OH press as well!

Endurance is one of the main points for Powermax so im glad your noticing it! Keep up all your hard work!
Thanks man it really was killer but I powered through with a little bit of help from Powermax. What are you doing for accessory work with 5/3/1? I've been doing periodization bible but am always open to new things

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I personally do more bbing type workout. I like using 5/3/1 then doing a bb style to follow up it, i still get good power on bench, squat, oh press and deadlifts but also still good muscular development from higher reps and more isolation work. Best of both worlds IMO.

If your jsut going to pure strength i would say the westside barbell method is prob. more efficient.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on a new PR! Looks like another good experience with PowerMax.

Bump for Deadlifts. Arguably one of the most crucial exercise movements in any training program.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Nice man. Sounds like a good workout plan. I am taking a 3 day break for a music festival. Be back Monday hard

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for this weeks updates. A new PR is great accomplishment, enjoy the 3 day break. Sometimes you need to make breaks in life, especially if it's a badass music festival! Which one are you going to?

joh408

Awards
  • Established
No problem on the updates, if you saw my previous logs (alphamine and working out) you would see how determined I am to give a quantity oh posts at a high quality.

I'm at Winter Park, CO got Snowball. First full 3 day festival since I only went to Global one day last summer. Last night was nuts and in hoping today will be as well

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Festival was awesome but I'm itching to get back in the gym tomorrow. Hopefully this down time will help me out but it was a hell of a leg workout dancing for 6 hours a day for 3 days in a row

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Just finished my workout. Legs were cashed from the festival and driving back 4 1/2 hours this morning but it was squat day and I was determined to bust it out.

Still can't put my tongue on the taste. It's not bad, but maybe just not my personal preference. I've seen other people say it tastes good so i think its me. It could also be I'm just burnt out on fruit punch since my last 2 pre workouts were fruit punch and so are my BCAAs. Took 2 scoops around 8:45. Energy was a huge boost today and I went into the gym feeling real good mentally but I could tell I was a little tight. Nothing a little foam rolling, stretching and a lacrosse ball couldn't fix. Loosened up real quick and I had a pretty good workout. One thing I noticed is that I never felt tired. I honestly could have just kept adding on the weight on squats for my different sets and then hopped back in on about 20-30 seconds rest. Did this for my warmup sets and the first working set of squats but told myself to at least wait 60 on the last 2. Overall great day in the gym. A little less accessory work this time but I got my main lift in and a couple more lifts so I was satisfied with the leg day.

Squat day:
Squat:
10x45 - made sure I was loose enough to go below parallel
5x135
5x155
3x185
5x225
3x255
6x280 - got 7 but I was a little wobbly (core wasn't tight on 7th) so I didn't count it as a rep

Hack Squat:
10x180
10x230
10x270
10x360
10x410

Decline Sit-ups:
10x0
10x10
10x10
10x25
10x25

Good Mornings:
10x95
10x115
10x135

Felt pretty good after the workout. Had a protein shake and rolled out my legs a bit so hopefully my DOMS aren't too bad tomorrow. Kinda painful rolling out my pumps haha legs and back were looking and feeling real solid today.

Still very impressed with Powermax.

Just gotta get my paycheck next week, make sure I have enough for rent, groceries and the other bills, and then buy another tub for when I run out of this one.

Gonna try 1 scoop for studying tomorrow during the morning and 1 scoop for cardio mid afternoon to see how that treats me. I'm expecting it to kill it since the focus in the gym is so good

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Had 1 scoop at 10 am and cracked open my books and notes. I can honestly say it was pretty close to the adderall feeling, zoned in on my books, notes and the computer. Read and took notes on about 150 pages in about 4 hours I would say. Kept me going real good.

Had another scoop at 2 to hit the gym for some cardio. Wooh I was sweating hard and basically made cardio a mindless activity because I was just focused on watching ESPN for some LISS biking for 30 minutes. Finished off with some intervals on the stairstepper switching between levels 7 and 12. Did that for about 15 minutes and hit the sauna for about 10 minutes. I was soaked walking out of that gym. So awesome

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There was actually one guy who posted on our facebook who used Powemax to study for the LSAT's and got like a 166 i believe, its focus is amazing!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
There was actually one guy who posted on our facebook who used Powemax to study for the LSAT's and got like a 166 i believe, its focus is amazing!
Wow that's awesome! I can definitely attest to the focus because I was zoned in and didn't get distracted at all. Going to use at least a scoop a day the next few days when finishing up studying and then again on Monday when I have my test.

Trying to decide whether I want to deload this week or recalculate my 5/3/1 and just jump back into it

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
after a couple mesocycles on the deload week i actually did a max out week basically doing doubles or triples all the way up to the my max for 2. My Squat has gone up from 435x1 to 455x2!

You may want to devote a week to a real max out day, because even the 5/3/1 week doesnt show your true max effort.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
That actually sounds like a really good idea. Ill get my roommate to go with me this week in order to have a spotter there and actually get my true 1RM and his too since I'm trying to get him in the gym more.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Woke up feeling like crap so I didn't workout during the day. Sore throat, congested and a headache. Took some emergen-c and a few ibprofen a couple hours ago. Feeling a little better now so I am going to take a scoop before my hockey game at 10 and then another scoop after for when I hit the gym late night. No early classes tomorrow so the schedule tomorrow will be sleeping in and then hitting the gym in the afternoon for some max testing! Hopefully if I feel better at least haha

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, I'm really excited for it. Can't wait. Played some hockey tonight with 1 scoop and I was going for days out there. Cleared my head so I'm thinking of going to the gym tonight to do some foam work and some light weight to loosen up a bit so hopefully I can kill it tomorrow.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I think my max testing is going to go something like this using max calculators for theoretical max:
50% -> 8 reps
60% -> 5 reps
70% -> 3 reps
80% -> 1 rep
90% -> 1 rep
100% -> 1 rep
And then go up by 5 or 10 until failure.
I saw this outlined on another site and seemed like a good way to test max lifts. Previously, I really had no warmup or testing protocol so I'm gonna test this out

joh408

Awards
  • Established
This product has not let me down yet. This week I've been feeling a little sick so Powermax has kept me going whether it has been lifting, cardio or even studying. Love it. Took 2 scoops around 2:30. Got to the gym at 3. I think the taste is growing on me. I liked it more today. Perfect mixability. Got to the gym and felt focused and ready to lift.

But damn... not the best day. Little sore throat but I got plenty of sleep last night. Foam rolled a little bit to get the blood flowing while the benches were all taken. Got to the bench and followed the percentages above the best I could. Only thing I think I could have done better was my rest periods being longer and getting cocky when the weights feel light. Disappointed but still gave it my all. Here's how it broke down:
Bench
8 reps x 115 lbs
1 min rest
5x135
1 min rest
3x155
1 min rest
1x175
2 min rest
1x195
2.5 min rest
1x215 - this felt light and easy so I thought I'd jump up to 2 plates, which is my PR, set about 4 years ago before shoulder problems
2.5 min rest
0x225 - controlled it down, hit low breast plate, got it up about halfway and failed. Damn.
4 min rest
0x220 - controlled it down and got it almost to lockout but couldn't get it all the way and had to have my spotter bring it up the last about 2 inches
4.5 min rest
0x220 - brought it down and got it half way up. Called it after this one.

Chest was reasonably pumped with the little amount of rep work and the long amounts of rest. Still felt good afterwards

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I woulda shot for more rest time, even on the lower weight 1 min IMO is not enough. This is what i did monday

bar x 30
1 min
135x10
2 Min
135x2
2 Min
185x2
3 Min
225x2
4 min
275x2
5 min
295x2
5 Min
315x2

I think you just need more rest!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I think that is definitely it. I tried to slow down but it's like I had to get at the weights. Usually my rest time is a lot less than that tho, it was painful waiting at the bench for a couple minutes. Next time I will slow it down by much more and keep to a higher rest time.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
This product has not let me down yet. This week I've been feeling a little sick so Powermax has kept me going whether it has been lifting, cardio or even studying. Love it. Took 2 scoops around 2:30. Got to the gym at 3. I think the taste is growing on me. I liked it more today. Perfect mixability. Got to the gym and felt focused and ready to lift.

But damn... not the best day. Little sore throat but I got plenty of sleep last night. Foam rolled a little bit to get the blood flowing while the benches were all taken. Got to the bench and followed the percentages above the best I could. Only thing I think I could have done better was my rest periods being longer and getting cocky when the weights feel light. Disappointed but still gave it my all. Here's how it broke down:
Bench
8 reps x 115 lbs
1 min rest
5x135
1 min rest
3x155
1 min rest
1x175
2 min rest
1x195
2.5 min rest
1x215 - this felt light and easy so I thought I'd jump up to 2 plates, which is my PR, set about 4 years ago before shoulder problems
2.5 min rest
0x225 - controlled it down, hit low breast plate, got it up about halfway and failed. Damn.
4 min rest
0x220 - controlled it down and got it almost to lockout but couldn't get it all the way and had to have my spotter bring it up the last about 2 inches
4.5 min rest
0x220 - brought it down and got it half way up. Called it after this one.

Chest was reasonably pumped with the little amount of rep work and the long amounts of rest. Still felt good afterwards

Sounds like Powermax is not only improving your physical performance but also mental focus with studying. You are not the first to mention Powermax aiding in completing tasks and providing additional focus when executing analytical operations.

Your workout looks solid, but I do have a question regarding the rest times. Given this workout regimen, what made you go with those specific rest times and what is your current goal?

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like Powermax is not only improving your physical performance but also mental focus with studying. You are not the first to mention Powermax aiding in completing tasks and providing additional focus when executing analytical operations.

Your workout looks solid, but I do have a question regarding the rest times. Given this workout regimen, what made you go with those specific rest times and what is your current goal?
Ya definitely with the mental performance boost on top of the physical. My school work has improved I've noticed since this log. So awesome

I have never kept track of my rest time so I didn't know how long I rested for. I just timed it this last session and had to make sure I was waiting at least a minute. And then I watched the clock for the rest of the time.