Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Great deadlift workout today. Haven't built up a tolerance yet so the energy and focus aspects are still on point. Got 310 for 1 rep today! New personal record. Took the advice you guys gave me and took more rest time. Here's how it broke down after warm up stretches:

8 reps x 145 lbs
1.5 min rest
5x175
2 min rest
3x200
3 min rest
1x230
4 min rest
1x260
5 min rest
1x285
5 min rest
1x300
7 min rest
1x305
7 min rest
1x310 PR!
7 min rest
0x315 - got up to right above knee level but couldn't lock it out. Grip started to fail as well. Gotta get my grip strength up but I was sweating pretty good and had no chalk.

Felt really good today. Traps were freakishly pumped up, wish I would have taken a pic. Pumps all around were outstanding. Loving this

Kinda felt like a dick taking the rack for about an hour but I let people work in so and that helped my rest time out to stretch it out without just standing there

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looks like a super awesome workout brother! Great deadlift strength by the way! Keep up all the hard work!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Damn. Took a scoop earlier to study and then another scoop before the test. Writing that essay was the hardest thing ever haha. I was focused but I got a forearm pump and I could barely squeeze my hand haha. Veins were popping out writing the paper. After every paragraph I would have to take a minute to try to reduce the pump. Killing it

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Wow that's awesome. Staying swoll while studying? Sounds like a great experience, thrilled to see the focus really working well for you in and out of the gym.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Yup! It's pretty awesome being completely focused on the task at hand, the pump effects are just a bonus. I'm about to hit the gym for OHP max day so I'm hoping for some new PRs on top of acing that test.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Sorry guys this sickness is killing me. I fell asleep last night on accident so I didn't lift. Went to the doc today, he thinks its strep. I hope not. I'm gonna get a lift in later tho

joh408

Awards
  • Established
OHP max day! Still a little sick so my rest time was similar to the deadlift rest time:
8 reps x 70 lbs
5x85
3x100
1x110
1x125
1x140
0x145

Thought I could get 145 but nope. So close tho, had to rack it at about 3/4 up. Still a good day. 2 scoops, 10 minutes before, focus and energy came into my workout about 10 minutes into my workout. Haven't mentioned it before but I have been getting a thermo effect if I take 2 scoops, like sweating a lot when sitting in class and I wake up a little sweaty. Not sure if it's the Powermax blend or just caffeine.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
OHP max day! Still a little sick so my rest time was similar to the deadlift rest time:8 reps x 70 lbs5x853x1001x1101x1251x1400x145Thought I could get 145 but nope. So close tho, had to rack it at about 3/4 up. Still a good day. 2 scoops, 10 minutes before, focus and energy came into my workout about 10 minutes into my workout. Haven't mentioned it before but I have been getting a thermo effect if I take 2 scoops, like sweating a lot when sitting in class and I wake up a little sweaty. Not sure if it's the Powermax blend or just caffeine.
Looks like a good workout, you'll get up the 145 next time!Hmm I've never tried scooping before my warmpup cardio. I usually down it before heading out on a drive to the gym. Maybe that isn't a bad idea, because when Powermax kicks in and I'm stuck in traffic, things might get a little heated! hahaWould you consider yourself a person who sweats quite easily, or has this just been occuring as of late? I know if I step out of a hot steam room and take a cold shower, I'm still sweating long after. I sweat quite easily though?

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates these past few days. Had 4 papers to write. Good thing I had some Powermax, scoop a day kept em churning out.

I took 2 scoops on Wednesday before hockey to see how 2 would treat me in intense cardio. Did not let me down. We had 6 guys there for our mens league team so 1 sub, and they had 3 full lines. Game was 2 20 minute run periods, 1 15 minute stop so I was on the ice for the majority of that time and although I could feel myself getting tired, my legs kept churning and I had great bursts of speed at points real late in the 3rd period.

Unfortunately, all of that skating combined with the OHP the day before left my body a little worn down. I plan on going to the gym in about 40 minutes to SQUAT max, hell ya!

Looks like a good workout, you'll get up the 145 next time!Hmm I've never tried scooping before my warmpup cardio. I usually down it before heading out on a drive to the gym. Maybe that isn't a bad idea, because when Powermax kicks in and I'm stuck in traffic, things might get a little heated! hahaWould you consider yourself a person who sweats quite easily, or has this just been occuring as of late? I know if I step out of a hot steam room and take a cold shower, I'm still sweating long after. I sweat quite easily though?
I didn't plan on taking it right before the workout but I was lifting near my parents house so I took it and went on a run and got to the gym way quicker than I thought haha. I sweat easily around my pits but I've noticed my hands to be more sweaty. Could be me just noticing it now.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Quick update:
2 scoops, really focused in on the weights. Worked up to 325 for a single. Didn't go below parallel on 340 and I could feel my legs straining. Didn't wanna risk injury so I racked it. Only have maybe 7 more workouts left in the tub. Kinda depressing haha

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Quick update:
2 scoops, really focused in on the weights. Worked up to 325 for a single. Didn't go below parallel on 340 and I could feel my legs straining. Didn't wanna risk injury so I racked it. Only have maybe 7 more workouts left in the tub. Kinda depressing haha

Great lift, its always best to maintain proper form and stability, rather than pushing more weight w/ injury induced movement. Everyday is different, you'll get that 340lb soon I'm sure. Well we look forward to all 7 workout updates, and remember you can always buy some to avoid that "NO POWERMAX" depression..haha

Thanks for the update, have a great weekend man!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Ya I think I could get it on a good week. Just been run down with this sickness and I feel a little weaker. I am going to buy some more Powermax first chance I get. I was going to last week but some other stuff took priority. Forgot to mention when I took 2 scoops for hockey, I felt like I was a step ahead and was making smart decisions and tape to tape passes. It was awesome.

Have a good weekend as well

joh408

Awards
  • Established
2 scoops and a chest workout on tap for today:
Bench:
5x95
5x115
3x135
5x145
5x155
9x170

Close Grip Bench:
10x95
10x95
10x115
10x115
10x135

BB Rows:
10x135
10x155
10x185
8x205
6x225

BB Shrugs:
15x135
10x155
10x185
10x205
8x225

Incline:
10x65
10x95
10x115

Tricep Pushdown:
10x60
10x50
10x40
6x50

Arms pumped, chest pumped, back pumped. Feeling good

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looks like another awesome workout. i hit chests and tris today with a little more reps and damn did i feel pumped! Awesome feeling!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Ya I didn't wanna leave the gym so I did a few more sets of assistance work than I normally do and my arms were so swole. That was the only reason I left the gym haha, couldn't do a full contraction on a few reps. Got home and taking my shirt off was a struggle haha, arms were killed and filled out my shirt so much that my sleeves were tight. Gotta quit wearing the athletic cut tees when doing arms day, although it is always a nice sight to see when the sleeves are stretched.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Fell asleep real early last night and woke up unable to go back to sleep around 3 am. Kinda sucks but I got a jump on today's lift and now I have plenty of time to do homework and pack. Took 2 scoops to ensure I had the energy and then went to the gym spirits high and ready to lift. I seem to be in a better mood when I take Powermax.

Deadlift day:
Deadlift:
5x115
5x140
3x170
5x195
5x210
7x240

Hack Squat:
10x180
10x230
10x270
10x320
10x360

Leg Curl:
10x90
10x90
10x100
10x110
10x110

DB Side Bend:
10x50
10x50
10x55
10x60
10x60

Stair stepper:
30 min alternating between speeds 7 and 12

Sauna for 10 minutes

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Traveled to California today to visit some family and got a lift in around 8 am before my noon flight. 2.5 scoops today in 16oz water and it mixed up great.

OHP day:
5x55
5x65
3x75
5x85
5x95
11x105

CG Bench:
10x85
10x95
10x105
10x115
10x135

Lat Pulldown:
15x75
10x90
10x105
10x120
8x135
6x150

Tricep Pushdown:
10x50
10x60
10x50
10x40
10x40

Seated Cable Rows:
10x105
10x120
10x135
10x135
8x150

Upped the dose since it was really early. Huge pumps that were getting to the point where I couldn't finish off a rep or 2. Still awesome. Gonna get a few workouts in while I'm in California for the next couple days to finish off the tub

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, awesome workout and i love it when i get pumps like that. Best feeling ever!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a tough workout man, very high volume! I love the pumps I get with Powermax, especially when going higher reps.

Looking forward to your updates and final review

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Wish I had a good update for you since I was gonna do squats today but the gym in California I went to was brutal. You can read about it in the douchebag thread if you'd like. Needless to say, I didn't get my squats in because: a) there were no open barbells out of the 6 they had there b) when there was an open bar, there were no weights. literally no weights on the 2 weight trees they had
Still did my accessory work so I'll knock out squats tomorrow or later tonight. Did 5 sets of leg press, 5 sets of back raises, 5 sets of roman chair knee raises and 3 sets of lunges. I was so rattled I forgot to log my weights but I still got a decent burn in my legs without the squats.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Hey no worries about that. I know what you mean, California does have alot of those type of gyms. Hopefully you had a chance to experience some good weather!

Sometimes you just need to make due with what you have, looking forward to your update back once you're back to your normal stomping grounds..haha

Have a great Easter Weekend

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates. I left California on Saturday and drove straight through to Colorado. 18 hours of driving. Arrived at 5 am and was out until Easter lunch on Sunday. Felt run down on Sunday and yesterday so I didn't lift. Got back in the gym today to redo squat day.
2 scoops down 30 minutes before the gym and I was feeling good. Looks like I have 1.5 scoops left so I am gonna use that tomorrow for bench day and take so pump pictures and measurements to finish off the log. Still haven't built up a stim tolerance to this product so I had tons of energy on tap for today.

Squat:
10 reps x 45 lbs
5x115
5x145
3x175
5x195
5x225
8x250

Leg Curls:
10x80
10x95
10x110

Back Raises supersetted with Roman Chair Knee Raises:
Back Raise:
10x10
10x10
10x25
10x25
10x35

Roman Chair Knee Raises:
5 sets of 10 reps

Hack Squat:
10x180
10x270
10x270
10x320
10x360

Felt great in the gym but I can feel the DOMS coming on now haha. It was good to get back to the gym after being out of it for 4 days. Stay tuned for the final review tomorrow.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, looks like a freaking awesome workout. Also loving the fact you havent built a tolerance. Most poeple using this product noticed the stim effect stays pretty consistent which isnt like most other products!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Early morning workout today boys! Went to bed around 9, woke up around 4:40. Drank the last of my Powermax... :sad2:

Took a preworkout bicep measurement:

And hit the gym around 5 for chest day:

Bench:
10 reps x 45 lbs
5x75
5x95
5x115
3x135
3x155
9x175
10x135

DB Rows:
10x70
10x75
10x80
10x85
10x90

Tricep Pushdown:
10x90
10x90
10x100
10x110
10x120
20x60
15x30

Seated Cable Row:
Close Grip:
10x100
10x110
10x120
15x60
Shoulder Width Neutral Grip:
10x80
6x90
10x60

Arms were super pumped and I was about spent since I couldn't get the contractions complete.

Took the opportunity to go to the locker room and snap an unflexed bicep pump pic:

About an inch difference from before workout to after workout.

And a flexed bicep pic about 20 minutes post workout:

Few more pump and vein pics:

Bicep and forearm:

Forearm:

Final thoughts:

Mixability: Mixed up perfectly in little amounts of water. 8oz for one scoops and around 14-16 oz for 2. I never got any clumping in the tub due to the card in there. No little chunks at the bottom of the shaker. Little foam at the top but subsided after a few seconds.
5/5

Taste: Taste was okay. I might have been burnt out on fruit punch and it did grow on me towards the end. I ended up liking it more and more as I drank it but that may be due to my mind anticipating the awesome effects and sacrificing taste in favor of energy and a pump.
4/5

Intensity: I drank Powermax anywhere from 10 minutes before my workout to 45 minutes preworkout. When I drank it 10 minutes before, the energy seemed to kick in on my second warmup set which is about 5 minutes after I get to the gym. I ran to the gym when I took it 10 minutes before and seemed to have the focus before the energy which was nice when running because I get distracted easily and sometimes break my run. When I drank it 20 minutes before it seemed to be the sweet spot. Driving to the gym and I would start to feel the energy effects. It is a clean energy for sure and that is what I loved about it. Even though it is clean energy, I still had the drive to bust out some PR's during max week when I was feeling under the weather with a sore throat and lots of coughing.
5/5

Endurance: Endurance can be tricky with a preworkout and I think that Performax nailed this one. I would experiment with taking it before hockey, before HIIT cardio and when I was feeling groggy and needed a pick me up for studying. The energy was endless and as I am typing this, I feel like I could go back to the gym for round 2 if I didn't have work to do. I never experienced a crash on this product. When dosing prior to hockey, I actually lifted heavy squat day about 45 minutes before. Normally my legs would be done after that but Powermax kept my legs churning through an hour+ of drop in with minimal subs. I tried 1 scoop prior to men's league and I was flying on the ice. Energy for days even tho my legs were done, my mind told them to move so they did. Then I tried 2 scoops prior to men's league and sure enough we only had 1 sub for that game. I was on the ice for about 40 minutes of the 55 that we played and I had enough energy to out skate a few good players on the other team that had 3 full lines and get a breakaway to score. Even endurance lifting was huge. I would get done with a set and have to tell myself to slow it down and get some rest because I felt like I could take on more weight. Sometimes I would catch myself putting more weight on and the hopping under the bar to get back at it. I had a few 1:30-2 hour workouts when adding up lifting and cardio and I could keep going for days.
5/5

Focus: As I mentioned above, no matter what time I would does the Powermax at, the focus would be there in minutes. Got tunnel vision basically driving to the gym (not too intense where I couldn't drive haha) and once I was in the gym it was go time. Every time I would be so focused on the weights and my form that I would forget to put on new music when the playlist ran out. Had to make bigger playlists haha. In another aspect, Powermax helped up my school grades. I had been struggling to stay focused, used adderall a few times to get focused but once I tried Powermax in an academic environment, there was no need for adderall. This might be a stretch for some but I cranked out endless hours of school work at a time when taking 1 scoop before. I would go for 5 hours and be focused on my work. I wrote a 7 page paper on artificial sweeteners in 3 hours and cranked out a 5 page wiki entry on SARMs in 2 hours(Got A's on both). I was killing it and it felt good to be able to sit down focus and be able to articulate exactly what I meant in my head on to paper. This was a huge bonus as most of the other preworkouts I've tried don't hold a candle to the cognitive enhancements that Powermax does.
5/5

Pump:
As you can see from pics above, my pump was pretty damn good. I didn't take any leg shots since my wheels are big but not defined. I must tell you that they were super pumped on leg days. For example, doing leg curls, as I progressed in my sets I would have to move the pad up a notch they were that solid. Fantastic pump. For arm assistance work, I was dying on a few sets throughout my log to finish off the contractions because it felt like my muscles were gonna pop out. Also got a few comments from some girls on how big my arms are haha. Nothing better than hard work and a great product getting recognized.
5/5

Vascularity:
Veiny as all get out on some days, others were just the usual suspects coming out to say hi. I did notice a few new veins but that may be to me getting leaner but I think I would attribute some of that to the Powermax. Wish my iphone would take better pics and that my hands could be steady enough to snap these pics but the veins usually would show out on a pic so I scrapped most of the pics I took. There are a few in this post showing some veins that were way more prominent in real life.
4/5

Other notes:

• Not sure if it was something in the Powermax or if it was just being able to go way harder during workouts with Powermax but I experienced a bit of weight loss and it seems to be mostly fat. I dropped about 6 pounds in the month using Powermax, all while upping my calories by about 600 for 3 of those weeks.
  • I felt genuinely better and more upbeat on workout days when using Powermax. The mood enhancement was a little below par than Alphamine for me but it was very close. I might just respond extremely well to something like PLCAR since I had never tried it.
Comparisons:
Pump - Equal or a little better than Hemavol
Energy - Cleaner energy than White Flood, Jack3d. Better all around energy than Full Blown Extreme
Focus - Out of this world but I have never taken any focus supps. Compared to adderall, about as close as your gonna get with a preworkout I would think. I didn't take another one the entire time I was logging.
Mood Enhancement - Little less than Alphamine

Overall I would give Powermax a 5/5. This is my new #1 preworkout. I will be giving Enhanced a shot so at the end of this week I will update this on to how it compares to with Powermax.

Thanks so much to Adizzle1, Dr. Veritas and Performax for letting me log this. It was truly a pleasure and I will be purchasing Powermax soon. I'll also be on the lookout for any new stuff you guys bring to the market since this product was so well developed, I'm sure that will go into all of your products.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In late, and it is over.

I caught up on the log though brother. Good job with it and I know first hand that PowerMax is a super premium PWO that most people would really love.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hell yea, looks like a freaking awesome workout. Also loving the fact you havent built a tolerance. Most poeple using this product noticed the stim effect stays pretty consistent which isnt like most other products!
I totally agree with this statement. The stim effect is consistant and I am not building a tolerance to PowerMax at all, which is uncharacteristic of me because I usually build a tolerance to stims really quickly, like a week!!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Thats amazing. That seems to be the downside of using high stim products, especially those containing "amphetamine" analogs(Jack3d cough cough), increasing tolerance and more fluctuations in delivery.

PowerMax just works, no words to explain it. People will have to try it for themselves!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
It really is an amazing preworkout my favorite by far now. I've been spreading the word on some other forums and to all of my friends to try it out

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support brother!

We've got some interesting things in the works, keep your eyes peeled for the latest news on these developments. Will not disappoint!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait. Ill be on the lookout