Purus Labs Muscle Marinade and SlinShot

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back at another log thanks to Purus Labs! coming off a solid run with Prime, Versa 1, Compound 20, and DAA. Looking to build on that. im still on my second bottle of Prime by USP labs at 69 protocol. During that log, I focused on strength. This log will be purely body comp. im clean bulking right now. I will post my lift numbers and everything i do...etc but i will be focusing on near perfect form, muscle extension/contraction, negatives, supersets...etc. I usually go heavy on my first lift. for example, on chest day, i will start out either on BB flat or DB flat. I usually do lower reps, bring the bar down with a 2 second pause then lift up. Here is what my weekly routine looks like

Mon - back
Tues - chest
Wed - OFF/some cardio
Thurs - legs
Fri - Arms
Weekend - Some cardio

The only thing I have ever used close to SlinShot is NeoVar back in 2008-2009 area. Im excited to see what it can do for me. The flavor of the MM is cherry limeade. super excited about this flavor. i love sonic's cherry limeade! The log starts tomorrow. I have a job interview but will hit legs after. trying to get some extra cash during nursing school. Anyway, if you have any questions, just ask on here. my diet is pretty clean except for a few cheat meals throughout the week. i have a hard time putting on fat so i may go a little dirty till the spring when i cut to pack on a few pounds. I will weigh in tomorrow and get bf% measured at the gym.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for following man! yeah i hope MM isnt too much for me either. dont really like strong stims

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Play with the MM dosages. For me I was more worried about the 6g of creatine per scoop.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah for that reason right there is why i wont go over 1 scoop. may not even hit 1 scoop.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed! Didn't notice if you checked mine out our not.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, kill it buddy!

Sent from my phone.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/7 - Thursday - Day 1

Today I hit legs and a little bit of shoulders. Thursdays will be the weakest of the logs because there isnt much to say. due to my back issues, the chiro has told me to go light on legs for a while. I focus on form, do some negatives as well as drop sets.

Today for legs i did 4 sets of deep squats. at the bottom of the squat i hold it for 2-3 seconds then explode up. felt good. Also did really light sumo deads with a shrug at the top. 4 sets of those. Did lunges after this with about 10 sets of raises. for shoulders i only did BB front raises. did 45 warmup, then 55x15, 65x12, 75x10. i dont really do much shoulders but with the MM hitting me solid, i didnt wanna stop and my legs were too shot to do anything else.

MM was pretty good for me. took a little over 3/4 of a scoop. I dont want to take more than 1 scoop because 6g of creatine is just too much. I usually take 2-4g / day. The flavor was decent but not the best. the pump was awesome. got a solid bicep pump from deadlifts. energy was great. not overwhelming but solid with a good focus. lets see how long it lasts (just got home from the gym). Tomorrow I will hit arms and give a solid update.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Feel free to start low (1/2, 3/4) scoops on the MM. It is a STRONG stimulant. I use it sparingly for several reasons but I do love it! The supplement is made to not do more than one scoop. There really shouldn't be a reason to and at 1 scoop you hit all the prefect amounts of the ingredients shown in human studies.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Feel free to start low (1/2, 3/4) scoops on the MM. It is a STRONG stimulant. I use it sparingly for several reasons but I do love it! The supplement is made to not do more than one scoop. There really shouldn't be a reason to and at 1 scoop you hit all the prefect amounts of the ingredients shown in human studies.
i dont think its very strong like some others. it is strong, but not overwhelming. I took it around 730 last night, went to the gym, and was able to sleep at 11. thanks for the advice

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
In my friend!

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
In.... But we not friends j/k... Really I don't know ya but seen ya around the forum

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/10 - Sunday

Friday I did arms. my body was physically tired. even though i had plenty of rest, i just felt worn out. I still went to the gym, but only did supersets/drop sets mostly. Ill start logging numbers Monday, 2/11.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/11 - Monday

Today I did back. Overall, it was a great workout. I am really loving MM. great stim, but not overwhelming. still dosing it below 1 scoop. probably around 3/4, maybe a little higher like 5/6 of a scoop. Took the SS post workout with my shake and a bowl of oatmeal. I forgot to write down the numbers, but i remember the main ones so here we go.

1.) T Bar Row (Machine) *the weight does not include the machine* - 45x10 warmup
90x8
80x10
70x12

2.) Lat Machine (not my typical machine, more like the iso machine single hand grips)
155x8
140x10
125x12

3.) Seated V Bar Row
180x8
165x10
150x12

4.) Low Lat Pull (machine)
2 sets, reverse pyramid, heavy. 6,8

5.) Reverse Flys
2 sets. reps of 15,12

6.) Tricep Rope Pull
3 sets all drop sets - 15,10,10

16 working sets with 1 warmup set. I really focused on form and not weight. I will continue to do this throughout the log b/c the last 8 weeks ive been going pretty heavy and my body is telling me to back off a bit so im really focusing on form, negatives/drop sets/super sets...etc

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lookin good in here Balla!

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
With your slin shot... Do you wait 20-30 before Eating? Should your meal have more carbs?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With your slin shot... Do you wait 20-30 before Eating? Should your meal have more carbs?
i take it immediately post workout then drive home and eat. my shakes do have a decent amount of carbs/sugars then the bowl of oatmeal has alot of carbs. i will occasionally eat a bagel along with all that. bagels have between 40-50g of carbs each one (the ones i use).

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MM was a PR catalyst for me. Hoping it treats you well also!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today i hit it pretty light. im feeling better though. Change of plans here. Starting tomorrow I will be doing DC Monday/Wednesday/Friday. I am going to try to stay as close to this as possible and will log everything

Week One:
Monday — Workout A
Wednesday — Workout B
Friday — Workout A

Week Two:
Monday — Workout B
Wednesday — Workout A
Friday — Workout B

Every "A" workout targets these body parts, in this order:
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back width
Back thickness

The "B" workout hits these muscles, in this order:
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

Chest:
Incline press (barbell, Smith machine, dumbbells)
Decline press (barbell, Smith machine, dumbbells)
Chest machine (Hammer Strength, Cybex, Nautilus, etc.)
Dip (wide grip, if shoulder health allows it)

Shoulders:
Military press (standing or seated, using a barbell or Smith machine)
Dumbbell press
Machine press

Triceps:
Wide reverse-grip Smith machine press
Close-grip press (barbell or Smith machine)
Dip

Back width:
Pull-up or chin-up
Lat pulldown (wide, close, reverse, neutral)
Pulldown machine

Back thickness:
Deadlift
Barbell bent-over row (overhand or underhand)
Hammer Strength row (this is the only back thickness exercise on which you're encouraged to use the rest-pause technique)

Biceps:
Barbell standing curl
Dumbbell alternating curl
Cable curl (any bar attachment)

Forearms:
Hammer curl
Pinwheel curl (a diagonal hammer curl, in which you bring the weight to your chest)
Barbell reverse curl
Forearm exercises use straight sets exclusively.

Calves:
Doggpounders train calves with one straight set, 10 to 12 reps. Sound easy? It totally isn't. On each rep, you do a five-second negative, hold in the fully stretched position at the bottom for 15 seconds, and then do an explosive concentric, coming all the way up on your toes. According to SM, calves are one of the most intense and painful body parts to work.
Standing calf raise
Seated calf raise
Donkey calf raise
Hamstrings:
Leg curl
Romanian or stiff-legged deadlift
Glute-ham raise

Quads:
All quadriceps exercises are done with one straight set of four to eight reps, followed by as much rest as you need, and then a Widowmaker — 20 reps — of the same exercise.
Back squat
Front squat
Leg press

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wednesday - 2/13

Today was my first day on DC in a while. Started on B day, which hit biceps, forearms, and legs. i felt fine after the workout (around noon-ish) but all throughout the day i have been exhausted. not mentally tired, but my muscles hurt. its the feeling when you know you will wake up the next day sore. for legs, i have orders from my chiropractor that i have to go light if i choose to do legs (mainly squats and deads he was referring to). So for squats, i focus on form, going down slow as far as i can then explode up. I did the proper warm ups and DC stretches with static holds and Rest-Pause sets of 12,8,4. here are the numbers.

B1

1.) BB Curl - 85x12,8,4 RP

2.) DB Hammer - i accidentally did the pinwheel - 40x12,8,4 RP

3.) Standing Calf Raises (machine) - 150x12,8,4

4.) Hammy Curls - 65x12,8,4

5.) Squat - 135x12,8,4

Since ive dosed SS, ive had a nice bicep pump all day. Also, i am really enjoying MM. dose hasnt changed. today i experienced a slight crash but that may have been from the workout itself and not the MM. Next workout is A1 on Friday.
1.)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday - 2/15

Its been about 6 hours since the gym and my body is hurting! its like it goes straight from lifting to pain! good pain though. like totally skips being sore! anyway, taking the products the same. nothing has changed.

A1

1.) BB incline - 185

2.) Standing Military Press (touch my chest, hold top position for 2 seconds) - 75

3.) Reverse Grip Bench - 185

4.) Wide Grip Pull Up - body weight

5.) Sumo Deadlifts - 135

I am only allowed to go to 135 on squats and deads. number may increase depending on how my next chiro visit goes. this is also the first time i have lifted shoulders in a very long time so i am expecting to be sore tomorrow in my front delts. so glad i made the routine change to DC. loving it.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Friday - 2/15

Its been about 6 hours since the gym and my body is hurting! its like it goes straight from lifting to pain! good pain though. like totally skips being sore! anyway, taking the products the same. nothing has changed.

A1

1.) BB incline - 185

2.) Standing Military Press (touch my chest, hold top position for 2 seconds) - 75

3.) Reverse Grip Bench - 185

4.) Wide Grip Pull Up - body weight

5.) Sumo Deadlifts - 135

I am only allowed to go to 135 on squats and deads. number may increase depending on how my next chiro visit goes. this is also the first time i have lifted shoulders in a very long time so i am expecting to be sore tomorrow in my front delts. so glad i made the routine change to DC. loving it.
DOMS or pains? Slinshot should be helpful with DOMS, IMO, shuttling nutrients should provide recovery. I could be wrong.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Should even with glycogen replenishment

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's better than injuries
oh for sure. i know when im injured. back in 2008 when i trained shoulders, they would literally give me pain throughout my right delt as im lifting them. thats why i havent touched shoulders till now and im going light. still doing DC with everything, but legs and shoulders i have to work my way back easy.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monday - 2/18

Today was B2 day. Overall solid day. going to the chiro tomorrow to see if i can increase my lifts on legs. Im feeling fine right now, although it was low weight. Just focused on form and getting deep. Same with curls. purely focused on form. i stand against a wall so i know im not swaying.

DB Curl - 40
DB Hammer - 35
Seated Calf Raises - 90
Stiff Leg Deadlift - 95
Front Squat - 95

Numbers for legs are very weak, I know. But im just trying to ease my way back into it so I dont re injure my back. feeling good though. MM hasnt let me down yet. Still doing 12,8,4 RP with static hold and stretches.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wed - 2/20

The pumps im getting from SS are pretty nasty! its like an all day pump almost. really want to use this again in my cutting stack because i will be also taking a few products that give a solid pump (anabeta, versa...etc). Todays workout was decent. numbers are terrible but im basically focusing on controlled form and getting the most out of each rep, not cheating...etc

Flat Bench - 225
DB Shoulder Press - 55 (first time ive done this since 2007)
Close Grip Bench - 145 (did 185 for my first set of 12 reps but tried it on my second set and could only do about 4 reps so i dropped the weight)
Lat Pulldown - 130
Bent Over Row - 135 (I can normally do alot more, but with my back and being bent over for this exercise, wanted to be careful).

After this workout i was shot. My back had a nice, thick pump and felt really full. the fullness continued all night. The all day pumps i was referring to earlier are mainly in my arms. idk if its all in my head or they really are pumped. either way, i like it! MM still is hitting me good. not taking a full scoop. too much creatine. I found that the flavor is best when it is as cold as possible. I set it in the freezer for 5 min then add crushed ice and it tastes pretty darn good for a pre workout.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
With SS what is your carbs intake? Do You take SS after workout and about 30min prior to eating? What your meal? Carbs?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With SS what is your carbs intake? Do You take SS after workout and about 30min prior to eating? What your meal? Carbs?
on training days i take it immediately post workout, drive home and slam a whey protein shake with about 1 cup of oats blended. that shake also has ice cream, peanut butter, milk, evoo in it. along with the shake ill have another carb source, maybe a bowl of oatmeal or pasta.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
on training days i take it immediately post workout, drive home and slam a whey protein shake with about 1 cup of oats blended. that shake also has ice cream, peanut butter, milk, evoo in it. along with the shake ill have another carb source, maybe a bowl of oatmeal or pasta.
Not bad

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monday, 2/25

Felt great to get in the gym today! i totally forgot that A3 day was all machine work. i love that. gives my joints a rest but still get work in. MM is still kicking strong. the beta alanine in it hits me about 30 min after i take it but the energy hits me earlier. i really like this stuff. the weight numbers i will be posting does NOT include the weight of the machine. i have no clue what they weigh so i just put what i add on to it. HS stands for Hammer Strength

A3

1.) HS incline - 180

2.) HS flat - 90

3.) HS shoulder press - 140

4.) Dips - body weight + 25 on chained belt

5.) HS lat pulldown - 90 (could have done more but havent done this in a while)

6.) HS T Bar Row - 90

Really solid back workout. my back was shot after the t bar rows. when im extending down, i really let my shoulders pull forward to really stretch my back then pull up. do this for all of my back workouts.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tuesday 2/26

I am all out of PP creapure (about time!). been on this stuff for over a year lol I am not taking BioCor's creatine mono. dirt cheap so i picked it up. also ordered BioCor's Agmatine b/c i i really liked it from Swoll - N and im out of that. I will be starting that once my MM is out and i can add it to my jack3d micro.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wednesday 2/27

B1

Week 1..................................................................................... week 3

1.) BB Curl - 85x12,8,4 RP ......................................................... 1.) BB curl - 90x12,8,4

2.) DB Hammer - i accidentally did the pinwheel - 40x12,8,4 RP.......... 2.) 40

3.) Standing Calf Raises (machine) - 150x12,8,4 ............................. 3.) 150

4.) Hammy Curls - 65x12,8,4 ........................................................4.) 65

5.) Squat - 135x12,8,4 ............................................................... 5.) 145

My chiro said i can only increase by 10 pounds each time for squat and deads. weight is very easy but slowly working my way back. i do them slow and deep. some strength increase, but for me, this product has shined in body composition. muscles feel fuller. not a pump, but they seem to pop more. havent weighed in in weeks b/c im waiting until my cut. im going off the mirror. like what im seeing

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Awesome signs my bro

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Best thing and products like slinshot is that everything you take gets shuttled faster and IMO get used without as much waste.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday 3/1

A1

Incline - 195

Military Press - 95 (started with power cleans then realized i wasnt supposed to do them lol)

Reverse Grip Bench - 185

Pull up - BW

Deadlift - doc said no deads yet so i did DB in each hand and squatted them - 60

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monday - 3/4

Today i hit legs/biceps. MM still kicking hard! really liking it.

B2

DB Curl - 45 ------------------last time - 40
DB Hammer - 35 --------------last time - 35
Seated Calf Raises - 90--------last time - 90
Stiff Leg Deads - 105 ---------last time - 95
Front Squats - 105 -----------last time - 95

Still can only increase 10 pounds a week on deadlifts and squat movements. but im still getting work and remaining pain/injury free.

This Friday will be my final day of the log, although I will still use the products till i run out. I feel about 30 days is enough to review both products.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Monday - 3/4

Today i hit legs/biceps. MM still kicking hard! really liking it.

B2

DB Curl - 45 ------------------last time - 40
DB Hammer - 35 --------------last time - 35
Seated Calf Raises - 90--------last time - 90
Stiff Leg Deads - 105 ---------last time - 95
Front Squats - 105 -----------last time - 95

Still can only increase 10 pounds a week on deadlifts and squat movements. but im still getting work and remaining pain/injury free.

This Friday will be my final day of the log, although I will still use the products till i run out. I feel about 30 days is enough to review both products.
Looking good bro, good news on the back. Hope it keeps getting better bud!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good bro, good news on the back. Hope it keeps getting better bud!
thanks man. it actually feels the best its felt in a while. Actually doing light weight deads and squats seem to be helping it actually.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good! Back is not something to take lightly, you mess that up and there's no coming back from it. Good job leaving the ego at the door.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/221228-beans-1st-contest.html
its really embarrassing to squat 135 for sure. and with deadlifts, those are my favorite and i cant even do them right now. I hold DBs on my side and squat like a box deadlift. closest thing i can do. I wish my gym had a box/square deadlift bar.