Jims Creatively Titled PNI Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Jims Creatively Titled PNI Log

Page 4 of 11 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post

Lol I love the new one YOLO haha
    I hadn't seen any of them until today.

They are hilarious.

My wife handed me my notebook and it had my pen on the outside (we couldn't find it) and I was like "you think you're better than me, so I threw it on the ground!"

My only pen shattered into 20 pieces when I did that, it literally happened 5 minutes ago.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What is going on in here! LOL!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post
    What is going on in here! LOL!
    You know, throwing stuff on the ground, breaking it, regretting it later.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    You know, throwing stuff on the ground, breaking it, regretting it later.
    Nice!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

wheres those numbers from today?did i miss em somehow?ive been waiting man!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

fashionably late, all caught up nao

damn jim, nice clean log..

almost as good as your gifs

almost

FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Damn bro sick workout and def glad your appetite is coming back.

Had a good session in there today, had a headache when I headed in but it went away once I got going. Interestingly enough, I felt like crap immediately after finishing.

Starting to feel a bit better, the rotator cuff wasn't bothering me much today and I'm starting to beat this funk (I hope).

Pre-Workout: .5 scoop Prodigy, 1 Cap Paragon, 1 Scoop CreaTrona

Intra-Workout: .5 scoop Prodigy, 1.5 scoop Compete

26Jan13 OHP

OHP 6x2@95%1RM 130x2x6 (these felt good, no uncomfortable feeling in the rotator cuff and did a good job of keeping that IAP)

CGBP: 4x5-6 (these felt strong as well, did a good job of keeping my arch; until the last set then I was having issues)
    95x6, 135x6, 155x6, 185x1.5--165x1.5

Complex 1

1/2 kneeling DB OHP- 2x5 // 35x5, 45x5 (keeping it light on these until the shoulder is 100%)
    DB Row- 2x5 // 35x5 (took this light to see how it felt), 75x5 (had no issues so I jumped the weight up)
    Dips- 2x5 per set // +25x5, +35x5, +45x5, +70x3.5

Complex 2

1 Leg Bridge- 3x15 // BWx15x3
    Prone March- 3x5 // BWx5x3
    Face Pulls - 3x15 // 70x15, 80x15x2, 90x15x2, 100x14
    BR No $$- 3x10 // MDx6 (had a little pain, much less severe but noticeable so I kept these out)

My appetite is starting to come back, still not eating as much as I need to but it is much better than the last two days. Hoping things will get back to normal before Monday's DL session. I will be reassessing my maxes all next week, hoping to see some decent improvement.
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!
    Lecheek Nutrition/Genomyx REP

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I threw it on the ground!!
    After a year off, I'm back
  9. New Member

Hey, if I missed it on page 5 I'm sorry, but how are you feeling visa vi the Paragon?
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    wheres those numbers from today?did i miss em somehow?ive been waiting man!
    Lol there comin right now! I hit the gym at 1700, did some muscular activations and a little coaching before I started my sets (had to teach my buddies wife how to DL, she just started working out so I had to do a lot of teaching today)

Pre-Workout: .5 Scoop Prodigy, 1 Cap Paragon, 1 Scoop Creatrona

Intra-Workout: 1 Scoop Compete, .5 Scoop Prodigy (I may up the Pre workout dose to 1 and keep the intra at .5 and see how I like it for squat day)

28Jan13

DL- Work up to a clean 1RM (no Grind, 3-4 second concentric)
    Warm-Up sets: 185x3, 225x2, 245x2, 275x1
    Working Sets: 295x1, 305x1, 315x1 (previous best), 335xF, 325xF

So my max didn't improve in number BUT what's more important is that my technique is much cleaner and the lift was much smoother than it was 4 weeks ago, I made an effort to protract my shoulder blades which allowed me to sit back a little bit and have my chest stay taller. The lift was much more hip drive than spinal extension and my lower back felt FANTASTIC. Now I just need to work on my hip drive and can start moving more weight (hopefully). The failure at 335 and 325 was technical failure, my hips rose too quickly and my lower back took the brunt of the load so I bailed on the lift, a lot of this is mental (I think) as I haven't every lifted more than 315 on conventional DL.

Good Mornings: 10RM from week 1 to failure.
    135x10, 185x15 (OUCH)

My technique was much better on these today than it was last week, I was able to connect more efficiently with my glutes and hamstrings and my lower back didn't take the load like it did before, unfortunately I missed week 1 DL day so I don't know what my 10RM was, any way these felt good.

Complex 1

Supine Row: 1xFail // BWx17
    Rear Delt Raise: 1x10 // 25x10
    BB Shrugs: 1x10 // 225x10 (Strapped up)

Complex 2

Behind Neck Band Pull Apart: 2x12 // EHx12x2
    Prone DB Shrugs: 2x10 // 60x10, 70x10
    Side Bridge (10 sec): 2x3 (per side) // BWx3x2
    BR External Shoulder Rot.: 2x15 (per side) // MDx15x2

No rotator cuff pain today, felt comfortable doing the rotations today and even picked up the EH bands for the pull aparts today. A little disappointed in my DL today but the rest of the session was phenomenal and I felt strong. I have vastly improved over these last few weeks as far as technique goes, now I just need to work on the deficiencies to start piling weight onto the bar again.

Not sure what my weight is currently, but I would be willing to bet that it is down a few pounds from the start of this log. Should be back up again by this weekend but I am going to keep an eye on it and adjust my calories as necessary. Appetite came back strong yesterday but I'm running out of food to cook with (basically just have rice, chicken, and beef) so I need to buy some fruits and veggies to add some variety back in. Won't be shopping until the 1st but will pick up a bunch of stuff then.

Supplement Notes: At this point I am willing to say that I am sleeping better with Paragon, I had expected this and it is probably the most enjoyable part of this whole experience right now. I sleep like a rock (literally), I wake up drooling on myself, feeling very refreshed even though I wake up when it's still dark out. Averaging 5-6 a night during the week right now and about 10 on the weekends but still feeling very alert throughout the day. I have been noticing an increase in my focus during my sessions, not getting too much of a stim feel but it is definitely a focus enhancement from Prodigy, I feel as if my intra workout recovery is improved over just using Compete but that is probably just a focus thing. I honestly can't tell you how long I'm in the gym everyday, I just show up get my sh*t done and leave. Still not a fan of the aftertaste, and the pump is lacking for me, but I would just stack it (like I've said before) with a non-stim pump pre and you'd be gtg. The aftertaste is non-existent when mixed with compete intra but it's a b!tch when I put that half scoop under my tongue.
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    fashionably late, all caught up nao

damn jim, nice clean log..

almost as good as your gifs

almost

Thanks boss.

I try to offer a little more than pics on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Damn bro sick workout and def glad your appetite is coming back.
    Thanks brother. That one felt good, except for the miserably weak OHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    I threw it on the ground!!
    That song is hilarious.

I just wish I hadn't seen it until after my workout, that way I'd still have a pen.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

there they are,very nice on the improvements.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm digging the log man. Nice pulling as well. I look forward to seeing those numbers jump up. I went for a heavy double the other day for a new training max..drifted onto my toes on the second rep, I'm still kicking myself or it. You'll get 335 very soon.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

there they are,very nice on the improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I'm digging the log man. Nice pulling as well. I look forward to seeing those numbers jump up. I went for a heavy double the other day for a new training max..drifted onto my toes on the second rep, I'm still kicking myself or it. You'll get 335 very soon.
    I appreciate the kind words guys.

The improvements in my mobility has made a major difference in my DL and Squat. The numbers don't show it as much but I feel much more comfortable during the lifts.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I appreciate the kind words guys.

The improvements in my mobility has made a major difference in my DL and Squat. The numbers don't show it as much but I feel much more comfortable during the lifts.
    That's what counts then. You'll be more efficient
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  16. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

That's what counts then. You'll be more efficient
    I just need to ingrain that hip drive and strengthen my glutes and ill be gtg!
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Went to the track today, had some platoon PT this afternoon:

Pre Workout: .5 Scoop Prodigy

Intra: Nothing (it was too sweet lol)

9x100M Sprint

In between sets you alternated with 3x20 Pushups, 3x10 Pullups, and 3x25 Situps. I was smokin dudes on the sprints lol, I got there late and still finished before most of them.

After they all left I did my own workout which was lateral speed improvement:

Lateral Speed:

Intra Workout: 1 Scoop Compete, .5 Scoop Prodigy (watered it down so the taste wasn't as strong)

Dynamic Warmup

40M Shuttle Sprint for time:
    -1st time: 7.48
    -2nd time: 7.25 (I was cookin)

Rapid Response Lateral Base (Fast feet): 2x15 sec
    BR Lateral Shuffle: 1x15M per direction
    Shuffle (2-step)--Crossover--Sprint: 5x10M per direction
    Shuffle (2-step)--Stick--Sprint: 5x15 per direction

I felt good today, my hamstrings are all pumped up and tight which is a good sign that my forward lean was good and I was driving with my glutes/hammies. Didn't have any issues getting down into a sprinter stance for the Shuttle and I did a good job of 'loading' energy into my hips at the start. Energy was good, still got a good deal of it, even though my caloric intake has been low (like really low). Work has had me all over the place today but there's really nothing I can do about it now.
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Also, I may have spoken to soon about the rotator cuff.

That sh!t is sore as hell right now.

It wasn't earlier but I think the pushups aggravated it, I didn't notice while doing them but its my only guess as of right now.
  19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Notes: Didn't sleep for sh*t last night. No explanation as to why, I kept waking up thinking my alarm was about to go off and it was like 2 AM. Felt like straight death as well, coughing, sore throat, headache, it was not a good look at all. Still have a head ache now acutally, about to eat but just feeling crappy. My hamstrings are sore and my hip flexors are tight, will do some SMR tonight and more tomorrow before maxing out on Squat. Also, the tightness and pain I was feeling in my shoulder was PIP from the shots I received yesterday, I got Anthrax and Yellow Fever and it greatly affected my mobility and is still a problem today.

Today I went out and time my 100M again. Same timing scenario as before.

Pre-Workout: .5 Scoop Prodigy (BB flavor today)

Intra: Water

1st time: 9.40 seconds
    2nd time: 9.35 seconds
    3rd time: 9.45 seconds

My time improved on these and my arm drive is much better now, my hamstrings are tight as hell right now, which is a good sign that I have a strong forward lean out of my stance and am getting a good drive.

I enjoyed the BB flavor better than the watermelon I put it straight under my tongue and the initial taste was very good, it had the same bitter aftertaste and might have even been a little stronger than the watermelon. Can't make much as far as energy and focus go because of the type of workout and the general feeling of death.
  20. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Always liked the way your workouts fit together and I really need to get back on the track. It is a regular summer workout area for me and I probably haven't hit one since September.

You ever do hill sprints? Trying to remember in previous workout logs if you have.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Always liked the way your workouts fit together
    they do look very nice, well done
    You ever do hill sprints?
    ooooooo you got me craving spring/cut time buddy..
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Always liked the way your workouts fit together and I really need to get back on the track. It is a regular summer workout area for me and I probably haven't hit one since September.

You ever do hill sprints? Trying to remember in previous workout logs if you have.
    Thanks brother!

And yes, I did them during the AppNut log.

I normally would do them when I'm working on Linear Acceleration but recently I've been spending more time with the Prowler.
  23. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks brother!

And yes, I did them during the AppNut log.

I normally would do them when I'm working on Linear Acceleration but recently I've been spending more time with the Prowler.
    Ok I thought you had. Love the Prowler and hills...staples in my programs.
    PES Representative
  24. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Ok I thought you had. Love the Prowler and hills...staples in my programs.
    I hadn't done the hills for a while, prowlers I do regularly though.

On an unrelated note:

When I get out of the Army I'm growing my hair out like yours.
  25. Elite Member

I hadn't done the hills for a while, prowlers I do regularly though.

On an unrelated note:

When I get out of the Army I'm growing my hair out like yours.
    I have actually grown attached to my hair....luckily I don't have to worry about it with my job right now, but some friends and family don't like it. :hatersgonnahate:
    PES Representative
  26. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I have actually grown attached to my hair....luckily I don't have to worry about it with my job right now, but some friends and family don't like it. :hatersgonnahate:
    I told my wife that's what I was gonna do.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

in...very late...sorry jimbo...i just read 8 pages of thread and log......i wanna try it now!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  28. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    in...very late...sorry jimbo...i just read 8 pages of thread and log......i wanna try it now!
    Took you long enough, sheesh

Update:

Today I maxed out on Squats, was supposed to hit a complex afterwards but I had to leave to buy something for my ASU's (I had forgotten about it and we have inspections tomorrow )

Pre-Workout: .5 Scoop BB Prodigy, 1 cap Paragon

Intra: .5 Scoop BB Prodigy, .5 Scoop WN Prodigy (attempting to phase out Compete and just use the Prodigy pre workout)

Didn't finish the intra drink, wasn't there long enough to need it lol. The taste was good, it was mixed with a lot of water so the bitter aftertaste wasn't there, the flavors actually mixed surprisingly well. I enjoyed the taste, focus was good today and I was moving through sets (In a hurry )

Squat: 1RM
    Warm-up:
    185x3, 225x3, (deep to open up the hips), 255x2, 275x1
    Attempts: +belt
    295x1, 315x1, 335x1 (PR)

Hit a new max today on squat, was +20lbs from the last max. Did a good job with IAP today, the entire lift felt solid.

Kept coughing in between sets, actually I've been coughing so much it's making me gag, like all day and it's really starting to piss me off.

Also had some good vascularity today in my forearms, my all day vascularity is up. It doesn't take an enormous leap during the workouts because the pump aspect is not on par with some of my other pre's (I always stack a non stim with my stim pre for some serious pump) but it is noticeable and my wife has been pointing it out regularly.

Something I forgot to mention, increased acne on my chest and back. It's been that way since the end of last week (maybe a little before). It's just slipped my mind when I have gotten on my computer to post in here (I generally post solely from the mobile app).
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Nice squat PR man.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Nice squat PR man.
    Thanks brother, I'm kind of upset that I squat more than I Deadlift....

I always have my wife take a knee and make sure I get below parallel as well.

Also, my weights at 163 now so I'm down a pound. Which is surprising because I figured I'd have lost more (I lose weight like nobody's business when my appetite tanks).
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Thanks brother, I'm kind of upset that I squat more than I Deadlift....

I always have my wife take a knee and make sure I get below parallel as well.

Also, my weights at 163 now so I'm down a pound. Which is surprising because I figured I'd have lost more (I lose weight like nobody's business when my appetite tanks).
    I squat more than I dl also,hoping that will change soon tho!
  32. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I squat more than I dl also,hoping that will change soon tho!
    Yeah but you squat F-150s
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Yeah but you squat F-150s
    Lol,thanks but we all want more out of our lifts,as do I.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I'm kind of upset that I squat more than I Deadlift....
    meh..me too
    so what?

i can do ATG with insane weight (or so i'm told, i'm never impressed by the weights i lift tbh)
    parallel of course i can get more, and DLs come in behind that
    i can almost bench more (and am far more comfortable in doing so) than what i DL

lifts are all raw all the time, but honestly man, i could care less what i DL (or any of my other #s for that matter)
    don't sweat it, simply keep moving forward
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

poking through these forums I notice a lot of people squat more than they pull, same with myself.

who cares, heavy weight is heavy weight and we all have our own individual strengths

reading your track workouts makes me want to vomit btw
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  36. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

meh..me too
    so what?

i can do ATG with insane weight (or so i'm told, i'm never impressed by the weights i lift tbh)
    parallel of course i can get more, and DLs come in behind that
    i can almost bench more (and am far more comfortable in doing so) than what i DL

lifts are all raw all the time, but honestly man, i could care less what i DL (or any of my other #s for that matter)
    don't sweat it
    That's crazy, but then again your upper body is fuggin massive.

I can't even ATG squat, I can get a decent bit below parallel but if I go to far my lower lumbar round and my butt tucks.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

I can't even ATG squat, I can get a decent bit below parallel but if I go to far my lower lumbar round and my butt tucks.
    Same here I can't ATG the bar. My lower back rounds and my hips lock up lol...
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Work your way up if you want to do them.Just start out with light weight to get your form right,these took me forever to be able to do successfully.Still not great at them,but as with anything practice makes you better.
  39. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

poking through these forums I notice a lot of people squat more than they pull, same with myself.

who cares, heavy weight is heavy weight and we all have our own individual strengths

reading your track workouts makes me want to vomit btw
    I've noticed that as well, but still lol.

Really? Everytime I read my track workout I'm like 'no big deal'.....and then I start doing them ....
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

ATG is actually more comfortable for me lol
    i do more of that, than any other squat form
    guess it's just how some are constructed, i don't know

oh - i also bring military BB press behind neck, down to base of neck (touching)
    some cringe at that as well

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jim: Performance is King Log.
    By jimbuick in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2206
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 10:26 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM