Jims Creatively Titled PNI Log

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Certainly. I can tell you I panicked bringing 390 to my chest. The #1 thing that will make you stronger is time under the bar. 315 is a monstrous bench for a 170lb guy.
Lol if I weigh 170 by the end of the year I'll be so mad!

Shooting for the 180-190 range at 10-12% bf (basically just fairly lean)

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're well on your way. You know what to do, it's just a matter of what your life outside of the gym allows you to do. I know you'll see 190 this year.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definite progress there JB. Most obvious in the traps and delts. Good work bud.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great progress Jim. You'd hit 190 quicker if you tell the army to stop making you run so much!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're well on your way. You know what to do, it's just a matter of what your life outside of the gym allows you to do. I know you'll see 190 this year.
Thanks buddy. Its all about pounding food for me (so much food its retarded lol), just gotta keep getting stronger (and faster, but that's so I can hurt people on a gridiron lol)

Definite progress there JB. Most obvious in the traps and delts. Good work bud.
Thanks brother! I looked at them and I'm definitely happy with the progression!

Great progress Jim. You'd hit 190 quicker if you tell the army to stop making you run so much!
Right? Stupid running and sh!t.

Getting out this year! Gonna get jacked and go to school and stuff!

Lol is it sad that I'm 5 pounds away from being overweight by army standard?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW

For any of you who followed my last log, I will post this review in a similar manner. I will not rate these attributes on a number scale and will merely post things that I noticed during my run.

Strength: As many of you know, this is one of the driving forces behind all of my training. With that said, I noticed significant increases in strength across the board. I was able to progressively add more weight to a ton of my lifts on almost a weekly basis. My 6 month goal was a 350# Back Squat and I was able to hit that halfway through this log (345#). I was approximately 4 weeks in and had put 20# onto my squat max, that is an incredible gain (+15 to DL, +0 on BP). This was something I expected (to a certain extent) but I was certainly pleased with the edge that I got from these 2 products.

Speed: I did not stay on top of my testing for speed, or my practice. I still feel as though I improved upon it (mostly the increase in Lower Body Strength).

Focus/Energy: This was the most noticeable aspect of prodigy. Most of the days I used it I was on, there were a few where I was dragging @ss but not many. I found myself shortening a lot of the rest times just because I didn't need as much time as I was allotted.

Taste: Prodigy is not my favorite tasting preworkout. I normally put a scoop under my tongue and swished water to put it down. It had a terrible aftertaste, the product works but the flavoring can definitely be improved (for watermelon and blueberry). The initial taste was not bad for either flavor that I have tried.

Pump: Not the most noticeable aspect, I did notice that I was able to get a good pump during my Hypertrophy Load but before that (and after) it left something to be desired. Keep in mind that my previous preworkout (before this log) was AN N.O. Uptake, so Prodigy had a lot to show up. I noticed that the pump improved as I continued to use the product.

Vascularity: Greatly improved throughout this run. Some of this comes from the Paragon, and some from the Prodigy. I noticed more vascularity increases than pump, even during HT load. It was probably one of my favorite things about this run, I just looked vascular. Whether I was lifting or not.

Wind/Stamina: I noticed an increase, not extreme, but noticeable. I wasn't as winded after complexes or sprints as I have been before. The main problem was that even without an acute dose before longer runs I would still get the most ridiculous calf pumps. They were almost crippling, and made ruck marches and distance runs difficult to complete.

Recovery: I did seem to have a decreased recovery time. My guess would be that came from the improved sleep that I notice from NMDA (which I expected, and is why I dosed one pre bed). I would use Paragon again just for this aspect, even if it had no other appreciable benefits.

Muscle Density: My muscles seemed to be a little more dense throughout the day than they would be at baseline. Not as noticeable as they were during my last log but it was noticeable, and appreciated.

Hypertrophy: Most of this is diet dependent (really everything is), but I noticed that I stayed just as lean (visually) from the before/after even though I gained 6 pounds during this 8 weeks. I think it is safe to say the majority of my gains were lean, which is something that can be aided with good supplementation (which I believe I had).

Sides:

Aggression: My wife pointed out that I was a little more aggravated than usual (around week 3 or 4). I am not saying that Paragon is going to turn you into a giant, green, rage monster, but she said that my fuse seemed to be shorter.

Acne: I definitely noticed more acne (around my neck/traps and chest) starting at around week 2-3. I am not particularly acne prone, so that is something to expect when using Paragon.

Joint Discomfort: Normally I wouldn't even have something like this on my log. I really just notice it is a recurring theme from users of Paragon. With that said, I did not notice any increased joint discomfort. That is not to say my joints didn't hurt, because my knee was killing me most of this log. But I always have problems with that knee and cannot say I noticed any increase in pain from using these products.

Overview: Overall I would use these products again, even with the taste issues. Prodigy did what I expected it to, it gave me a good pick me up after work and helped me get in the gym and bust my @ss throughout this log. I noticed good results with these two products over the 8 weeks, even going into the field halfway through and not being able to work out at all I still came out of this 8 week run with positive physique/performance increases. Which is definitely saying a lot!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Very nice final review and great log man,I have been super busy but have been keeping up!Great job!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very detailed review man. Nice job on the log also

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys!

Also dan, I got the strawberry DPol today. Will try it tomorrow and post up a review over the next few days.
Awesome man. I'm anxious to try it.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
I got the strawberry DPol today. Will try it tomorrow and post up a review over the next few days.
Where is everyone getting this stuff?I feel left out!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome review brother Epic log loved it and hope to join another of yours soon!

FINAL REVIEW

For any of you who followed my last log, I will post this review in a similar manner. I will not rate these attributes on a number scale and will merely post things that I noticed during my run.

Strength: As many of you know, this is one of the driving forces behind all of my training. With that said, I noticed significant increases in strength across the board. I was able to progressively add more weight to a ton of my lifts on almost a weekly basis. My 6 month goal was a 350# Back Squat and I was able to hit that halfway through this log (345#). I was approximately 4 weeks in and had put 20# onto my squat max, that is an incredible gain (+15 to DL, +0 on BP). This was something I expected (to a certain extent) but I was certainly pleased with the edge that I got from these 2 products.

Speed: I did not stay on top of my testing for speed, or my practice. I still feel as though I improved upon it (mostly the increase in Lower Body Strength).

Focus/Energy: This was the most noticeable aspect of prodigy. Most of the days I used it I was on, there were a few where I was dragging @ss but not many. I found myself shortening a lot of the rest times just because I didn't need as much time as I was allotted.

Taste: Prodigy is not my favorite tasting preworkout. I normally put a scoop under my tongue and swished water to put it down. It had a terrible aftertaste, the product works but the flavoring can definitely be improved (for watermelon and blueberry). The initial taste was not bad for either flavor that I have tried.

Pump: Not the most noticeable aspect, I did notice that I was able to get a good pump during my Hypertrophy Load but before that (and after) it left something to be desired. Keep in mind that my previous preworkout (before this log) was AN N.O. Uptake, so Prodigy had a lot to show up. I noticed that the pump improved as I continued to use the product.

Vascularity: Greatly improved throughout this run. Some of this comes from the Paragon, and some from the Prodigy. I noticed more vascularity increases than pump, even during HT load. It was probably one of my favorite things about this run, I just looked vascular. Whether I was lifting or not.

Wind/Stamina: I noticed an increase, not extreme, but noticeable. I wasn't as winded after complexes or sprints as I have been before. The main problem was that even without an acute dose before longer runs I would still get the most ridiculous calf pumps. They were almost crippling, and made ruck marches and distance runs difficult to complete.

Recovery: I did seem to have a decreased recovery time. My guess would be that came from the improved sleep that I notice from NMDA (which I expected, and is why I dosed one pre bed). I would use Paragon again just for this aspect, even if it had no other appreciable benefits.

Muscle Density: My muscles seemed to be a little more dense throughout the day than they would be at baseline. Not as noticeable as they were during my last log but it was noticeable, and appreciated.

Hypertrophy: Most of this is diet dependent (really everything is), but I noticed that I stayed just as lean (visually) from the before/after even though I gained 6 pounds during this 8 weeks. I think it is safe to say the majority of my gains were lean, which is something that can be aided with good supplementation (which I believe I had).

Sides:

Aggression: My wife pointed out that I was a little more aggravated than usual (around week 3 or 4). I am not saying that Paragon is going to turn you into a giant, green, rage monster, but she said that my fuse seemed to be shorter.

Acne: I definitely noticed more acne (around my neck/traps and chest) starting at around week 2-3. I am not particularly acne prone, so that is something to expect when using Paragon.

Joint Discomfort: Normally I wouldn't even have something like this on my log. I really just notice it is a recurring theme from users of Paragon. With that said, I did not notice any increased joint discomfort. That is not to say my joints didn't hurt, because my knee was killing me most of this log. But I always have problems with that knee and cannot say I noticed any increase in pain from using these products.

Overview: Overall I would use these products again, even with the taste issues. Prodigy did what I expected it to, it gave me a good pick me up after work and helped me get in the gym and bust my @ss throughout this log. I noticed good results with these two products over the 8 weeks, even going into the field halfway through and not being able to work out at all I still came out of this 8 week run with positive physique/performance increases. Which is definitely saying a lot!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Workout Logs 18