1. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130120_142401.png
Views: 53
Size:  269.6 KB

Breakfast of champions.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

PreWO: 1 Scoop Prodigy, 1 Cap Paragon, 1 Scoop Creatrona

Intra: 1 Scoop Compete, .5 Scoop Prodigy

Today was DL day:

DL: 6x2@95% 1RM
    300x6x2 (belt)

BB Glute Bridge: 4x5-6
    95x6, 135x6, 185x6, 225x6

Complex 1
    BB Row: 2x5 // 100x5, 135x5
    Rear Delt Raise: 2x5 // None
    BB Shrugs: 2x5 // 225x5, 275x5 (straps)

Complex 2
    Behind Neck Pull Apart: 3x15 // MDx15x3
    Prone DB Shrugs: 3x6 // 35x6, 50x6, 60x6
    Side Bridge: 3x4 (10sec per side) // BWx4x3
    BR Shoulder Rotation: 3x15 // None

Didn't do the rear delt work or the shoulder rotation because of the pain. Trying to stay away from movements that cause any pain.

Got videos of the last 5 sets for DL, watched them to check my form between sets. Need to work on my glute drive still but I didn't have any issues as far as my back rounding. I need to work on my neck, I was always coached to look up but I need to keep my chin down throughout the movement.

No lower back soreness so that's a good sign that I wasn't putting too much of the load on my spinal erectors. All in all I would say it was a good day, I'm going to link the sets to this log:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

Any critiques are welcome. It was a good session today, and I'm feeling pretty good. My hamstrings are pretty worn down right now and my glutes are pretty fried right now.

Maxing next week so I'm hoping that I made some progress this month, we'll see where I stand next Monday lol.

Supplement Notes:

I really enjoy the half scoop during the workout and will be using that from now on. I normally wouldn't be using it at 1 scoop Pre and then half a scoop intra but my workout partner so I didn't have any issues with the extra stims. Will be using .5 scoop pre and .5 scoop intra from this point on, it also tastes very good mixed with the Compete. Strong focus today, watched my form in between sets and then moved onto the next set, tried fiing some problems as the sets went on and I feel like I was more successful getting the drive off of the ground in some of the later sets.

Still noticing some increased vascularity, nothing crazy as far as pump goes. It's an improvement from no supplementation but it is definitely where this preworkout falls short for me. I could see this stacking well with something like N.O. Uptake, I may try that some day.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

The prodigy is crazy with swoll-n!nice work man,and killer numbers on those deads!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    The prodigy is crazy with swoll-n!nice work man,and killer numbers on those deads!
    Love to hear this, thank you!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  5. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    Thanks brother. They are definitely coming along, gonna do a little rolling tonight and then again tomorrow before I hit the track.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

6. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130121_182940.png
Views: 44
Size:  395.8 KB

I like black/red personally.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Lol,got some coming,can't wait to see what color I get!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Name:  ForumRunner_20130121_182940.png
Views: 44
Size:  395.8 KB

I like black/red personally.
    Hmmm, for me it would depend on my mood...but as long as they keep working as well as they do they could be pink for all I care! : )
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Amen to that lol mine's been the red and white. Be funny if they had red white n blue haha
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!

10. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and call it a strain. Probably the infraspinatus.

I'm just cutting out any exercises that are uncomfortable. And it hurts like hell right now.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

11. Registered User

Journal is looking great. Im sure you will, but let us know if u stack prodigy w another pump agent. Its odd about the pumps. Thats the first thing i noticed was pumps.
  12. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Journal is looking great. Im sure you will, but let us know if u stack prodigy w another pump agent. Its odd about the pumps. Thats the first thing i noticed was pumps.
    I don't intend to stack it with anything.

It's not that there isn't an improved pump, it's just not what I'm used to. My last two preworkouts have been Condense and then N.O. uptake so it isn't really a fair comparison for pump lol.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Damn bro I hope it gets better. I've been having issues with both my arms around elbows hurting and my legs been tingling off and on. Just sore all around.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and call it a strain. Probably the infraspinatus.

I'm just cutting out any exercises that are uncomfortable. And it hurts like hell right now.

14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Nice brother I love prodigy for the focus and drive and energy with no crash also the orchard lean will help with vascularity...I get decent pumps but I always add some swoll-n with it when I do!! Glad your enjoying...deff doing the half scoop intra tomorrow good idea broskiiii
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  15. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Damn bro I hope it gets better. I've been having issues with both my arms around elbows hurting and my legs been tingling off and on. Just sore all around.
    Ever think about deloading?

It was bugging me today but I figure it will be fine as long as I don't stress it too much.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

16. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Nice brother I love prodigy for the focus and drive and energy with no crash also the orchard lean will help with vascularity...I get decent pumps but I always add some swoll-n with it when I do!! Glad your enjoying...deff doing the half scoop intra tomorrow good idea broskiiii
    I can't take credit for it. I got it from Coach Broser.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

I've seen that but what is it? I decided to go lower on the weight and increase reps. I felt good for so long then all of a sudden it was like I'm 80 and crippled. I just don't get it some times.

18. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I've seen that but what is it? I decided to go lower on the weight and increase reps. I felt good for so long then all of a sudden it was like I'm 80 and crippled. I just don't get it some times.
    You lower your weight to ~60% and keep volume the same (or even less) for a week or two.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Oh ok cool yeah def need to do something man. It feels wierd. I hit 285 on incline bench right before Christmas then two weeks later struggled to hit 265 twice.

20. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Oh ok cool yeah def need to do something man. It feels wierd. I hit 285 on incline bench right before Christmas then two weeks later struggled to hit 265 twice.
    Sounds like a deload would do you well.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

21. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Hit up some Linear Acceleration work today. Did it inside the gym on the 30yd turf (it was cold outside )

Pre workout: .25 scoop prodigy

Intra: .5 scoop prodigy, 1 scoop compete

Workout:

Dynamic Track Warmup: 1x20M
    Rapid Response Linear Run (2 inch step): 3x10M
    Linear Pillar Skip (A-skip): 3x10M
    1 Leg Bounding Hop: 3x3 per leg
    Half Kneeling Ground Start: 2x10M per leg
    Pushup Ground Start: 2x10M per Leg
    Mountain Climber Ground Start: 2x10M per leg
    Prowler Sprint @45% BW: 4x20M with 80#+sled

Had a lot of drive today, didn't end up sweating buckets and didn't have to take any ridiculous breaks. Endurance was up from the last sprint workout I did. All in all felt really good, my starts aren't where I would like them to be and my reaction time was a little slow on some of the sprints but still got some good work in.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Man you will have to train me one day I don't even know half these new terms for types of training lol. I just sweat reading about them.

23. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Man you will have to train me one day I don't even know half these new terms for types of training lol. I just sweat reading about them.
    Lol I wish I could take credit for this.

I have had ZiR.Red programming my last two months of training. It takes a lot of strain off of me and he really is very good at what he does.

I've learned a ton from him in the short time I've worked with him, I haven't traditionally been a fan of block periodization but he has done a fantastic job of programming around mu PT schedule and correcting my muscular imbalances and mobility issues.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Clear your pms bro!
  25. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Done.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

26. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Chitty session today. Will update when I get home.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Chitty session today. Will update when I get home.
    We all have them broski
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  28. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    We all have them broski
    I know but I hate it still. I'm supposed to be indestructible (or that is the goal anyway lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxBrI0g1kE

Anyway here is the update:

Diet has been all out of whack the last few days, been pounding OJ because, as much as I hate to admit it, I am sick. A little bit of sore throat, poor appetite, headaches, stuffed nose, and overall crappy feeling. Which is ridiculous because I literally never get sick, ever.

Pre-Workout: 1 Cap Paragon, .5 scoop Prodigy

Intra: 1 Scoop Compete, .5 scoop Prodigy (I really enjoy this mix and like having the Prodigy intra. Thanks for the tip Eric!)

Squat day:

Back Squats: 6x2@95% 1RM
    135x3, 225x3, 275x2, 275x1 (All Warmup)
    Working Sets:
    300x2x6

Good Mornings: 4x5-6 (only did 3 sets though)
    95x5, 115x5, 135x5 (kept it light, really focused on keeping a tight arch and tightening my upper back throughout the motion)

Cut out the complex today, was feeling like death (my wife was having a crap session as well)

The focus was there when I first started, and I got me the Rocky Balboa: Best of Rocky CD for my workouts now (come at me bro) but as things started going downhill my focus started disappearing. The 275 warmup felt off, but I figured that when I put the belt on I would be able to square things out. My mobility was an issue on the first two sets so I widened my stance a little to allow my self to sit in it correctly and keep my knees strong. Unfortunately my only good set as far as keeping a strong arch and not letting my lower back take too much of the strain was my 4th. Everything else was very good morning-esque. I don't have any lower back pain, and wasn't have any in between sets, not even much of a lower back pump, but I could tell it was off.

I was putting a lot of thought in keeping my upper back TIGHT and working on the bar placement being a little lower and pressed into my traps but was incapable of keeping intra-abdominal pressure and had a slight rounding of my lower back, I mean LOWER like last few vertebrae into the hips lower, that was tweaking me a little bit. Some of this stemmed from the way I was sitting back but more of it was from instability because the pressure wasn't there. I need to make an effort to keep that pressure and not lose my air halfway through the movement. I do it out of habit when I don't make a conscious effort not to because of the coaching I got throughout HS.

I was able to fix that during the good mornings and just have to make more of an effort to think about it next week when I re-evaluate my 1RM.

Hoping this BS sickness moves on this weekend.

Also, after today I have decided that I will be using Cissus again, not really sure why I stopped in the first place (jk I'm cheap and didn't want to pay for more as I'm running low lol) but my knee was fighting me this entire session and still hurts a little bit right now (I have chronic knee pain from jumping out of airplanes and other ridiculously unhealthy things that I do every day).

On a supplement note: I am enjoying the preworkout immensely, I've had this one sitting in the stash calling to me for a long while. I wish there was a little more of a pump aspect to it but that isn't a hard thing to add if one feels the need. Been sleeping very well, literally like a rock, and have been waking up fairly refreshed. This is on par with my last use of NMDA (iForce Intimidate) and was expected. Will be keeping an eye on strength levels but so far I can say that it has been moving steadily. Recovery seems to be improved (in between sets and daily) but I will have to keep an eye on that more as the log progresses.

It wasn't a good session but it was helpful in that I have found a good bar placement for squatting, now I just need to piece it all together next week and we can hopefully see some solid improvements.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Hope you get better quick man,still solid work for feeling down!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

First off days like this only make the body and mind stronger for the days ahead. 2nd a workout is better then no workout at all. 3rd lol being sick isn't ever any fun. I hope that you get well soon bud as those weights are in fear of seeing you walk in the gym. You will be destroying it again.

31. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Thanks guys.

I'm more worried about the appetite than anything else honestly.

Regardless, end goal is still in mind and ill be damned if I don't improve on every Max next week.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121208_175116.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  115.5 KB
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

It just started hailing here in NC. Hoping I get off work soon because of it.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

lol main I'm in the south Alabama Roll Tide haha. We never get much winter weather. It's going to be freaking 72 next Tuesday in Winter!!! Sucks I want a blizzard

34. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Had a good session in there today, had a headache when I headed in but it went away once I got going. Interestingly enough, I felt like crap immediately after finishing.

Starting to feel a bit better, the rotator cuff wasn't bothering me much today and I'm starting to beat this funk (I hope).

Pre-Workout: .5 scoop Prodigy, 1 Cap Paragon, 1 Scoop CreaTrona

Intra-Workout: .5 scoop Prodigy, 1.5 scoop Compete

26Jan13 OHP

OHP 6x2@95%1RM 130x2x6 (these felt good, no uncomfortable feeling in the rotator cuff and did a good job of keeping that IAP)

CGBP: 4x5-6 (these felt strong as well, did a good job of keeping my arch; until the last set then I was having issues)
    95x6, 135x6, 155x6, 185x1.5--165x1.5

Complex 1

1/2 kneeling DB OHP- 2x5 // 35x5, 45x5 (keeping it light on these until the shoulder is 100%)
    DB Row- 2x5 // 35x5 (took this light to see how it felt), 75x5 (had no issues so I jumped the weight up)
    Dips- 2x5 per set // +25x5, +35x5, +45x5, +70x3.5

Complex 2

1 Leg Bridge- 3x15 // BWx15x3
    Prone March- 3x5 // BWx5x3
    Face Pulls - 3x15 // 70x15, 80x15x2, 90x15x2, 100x14
    BR No $$- 3x10 // MDx6 (had a little pain, much less severe but noticeable so I kept these out)

My appetite is starting to come back, still not eating as much as I need to but it is much better than the last two days. Hoping things will get back to normal before Monday's DL session. I will be reassessing my maxes all next week, hoping to see some decent improvement.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

35. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Did some SMR yesterday with the roller and a tennis bball.

May bring it with me to the gym tonight, depends on my mobility as I warm up.

Will be going for a DL Max today. Hoping to get 10 more pounds that 4 weeks ago but we shall see.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Did some SMR yesterday with the roller and a tennis bball.

May bring it with me to the gym tonight, depends on my mobility as I warm up.

Will be going for a DL Max today. Hoping to get 10 more pounds that 4 weeks ago but we shall see.
    Can't wait to see your dl numbers.kill it man!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Good luck man
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  38. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Thanks guys.

I'm hoping for good things, I hadn't done conventional DL for a while before this training cycle so the adaptation should have been quick.

Gonna see how close I can get to 350.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

39. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Lol I love the new one YOLO haha
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jim: Performance is King Log.
    By jimbuick in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2206