Jims Creatively Titled PNI Log

Page 3 of 15 First 12345 ... Last

1. Nice log bro. Going to be following If you need any help with supp suggestions, diet/training, anything else regarding PNI products or not, just let us know bro.

The after taste you talked about, I can see why someone wouldn't like it. I actually love that tart/bitter taste. I don't know if y ou use carb powder pre workout, but if you combine the Prodigy with a watermelon based carb powder it will cut that a little bit.
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME

2. Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Nice log bro. Going to be following If you need any help with supp suggestions, diet/training, anything else regarding PNI products or not, just let us know bro.

The after taste you talked about, I can see why someone wouldn't like it. I actually love that tart/bitter taste. I don't know if y ou use carb powder pre workout, but if you combine the Prodigy with a watermelon based carb powder it will cut that a little bit.
    I don't regularly, normally only when I'm pressed for time and can't have a meal an hour before ill do the Carb powder.

I have strawberry karbolyn, not sure how that would mix but I'm sure I will end up using it somewhere in this log.
    •   

3. Today was Squat day, it wasn't the prettiest squat day either.

Pre-Workout: 1 scoop Prodigy, 1 Cap Paragon, 1 scoop CreaTrona

Squat: 4x5 @ 82% 1RM
    260x5x4

Good Mornings (Belted Up for these) 3x8
    95x8, 135x8, 185x8 (shoulda lowered the weight and just done 165)

Complex 1:
    RFE Split Squat: 3x12 // 60x12, 70x12, 80x9
    1Leg Glute Bridge: 3x15 // BWx15x2, BWx10
    BB Roll out: 2x5 // BWx5x2 per set
    Get-Ups: 2x5 // 20x5, 30x5 per side
    Cable Wood Chops: 2x8 // 60x8, 80x8 per side

Normally I don't like to wear a belt if I'm less than 85% 1RM but I should have worn it for the squats today. My mobility was not very good getting down because of the tightness from DL on Monday and it increased the stress on my lower back. Which took a toll on my Good Mornings as well. Also, was holding a dump for most of the day and had forgot about it until I got to the gym after my preworkout dose. Flush/tingles isn't really a fun thing while crapping, in case anyone was wondering.

Lost a little bit of the focus teaching people how to squat correctly but found it again after the complex started. My body temperature was up again today, I was sweating more and ended the workout dripping with my heart racing and all kinds of out of breath. Those split squats were monsters today (actually the regular squats were harder than they should have been as well)

Not a bad workout by any means but it just didn't feel the way it should have. Also, I tweaked my left shoulder last week, have been keeping an eye on it but I get a sharp pain now when I do certain things and then a bit of a dull ache afterwords. Will continue to monitor that as well.

Oh, and my left knee was acting up today on squats, it appears that it may be time to do some more foam rolling and if that doesn't help I will add in some joint support.

4. nice work man!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

5. How did you feel using the prodigy on leg day? That is my favorite day to use Prodigy.
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME

6. Man i wish I could try it on leg day but had a door smack me in the ankle at work this week. I'll be doing back and tri's tonight. Prodigy is wicked and man your workouts are intense!!! I don't do squats I never feel like I can really do them, where as deads are my favorite.
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!

7. Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    How did you feel using the prodigy on leg day? That is my favorite day to use Prodigy.
    Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Man i wish I could try it on leg day but had a door smack me in the ankle at work this week. I'll be doing back and tri's tonight. Prodigy is wicked and man your workouts are intense!!! I don't do squats I never feel like I can really do them, where as deads are my favorite.
    The energy was good but I just wasn't all there yesterday mentally.

Not really sore today, I kinda expected to be. And I've been sleeping like a rock these past two days.

It may be too early to attribute this to Paragon but it is something I noticed.

8. That's always good bro cause for me sleep is hard to find! Do you take any BCCA's? I feel like when I'm using BCAA's and Creatine, I recovery 10x more then when not.

9. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    That's always good bro cause for me sleep is hard to find! Do you take any BCCA's? I feel like when I'm using BCAA's and Creatine, I recovery 10x more then when not.
    I drink EAA with my postworkout meal (which is generally dinner)

10. Today was a record workout:

My preworkout meal was a small Quizno's sub (yum)

Preworkout: .5 Scoop Prodigy, 1 Cap Paragon

No Intra-Workout today : (had 1 scoop yesterday, forgot to mention)

3x100M Sprint for time: Hand timed so not perfect but it was a consistent imperfection.

1st time: 9.63 seconds
    2nd time: 9.70 seconds
    3rd time: 9.73 seconds

And I am putting my wife's times on here as well, that way I can check back on her's when we do it again in ~4 weeks.

1st time: 11.48 seconds
    2nd time: 11.26 seconds
    3rd time: 11.53 seconds

Times were good, I was happy with them considering I haven't actually done 100M Sprints in a good while. Hoping that I can improve upon these times, and I still need to work on my starts. The acceleration was better and I was doing well getting into my stance today, will continue to work on this and hope to make some significant improvements on this especially as I continue to gain weight and become stronger.

EDIT: Also, put the Prodigy powder straight under my tongue and then swallowed it with water. The taste was phenomenal when taken like this, sour but in a good way.

Also, I appear to have two different types of Paragon lol. I left my open bottle in the car and was too lazy to get it last night so I just opened the other one for the final dose and the caps of the first are white and red and the second are black and red. Hoping the black/red ones are the newer ones as I think it looks way cooler than the white/red ones (henceforth referred to as pokeball paragon lol)
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Today was a record workout:

3x100M Sprint for time: Hand timed so not perfect but it was a consistent imperfection.

And I am putting my wife's times on here as well, that way I can check back on her's when we do it again in ~4 weeks.

Times were good, I was happy with them considering I haven't actually done 100M Sprints in a good while. Hoping that I can improve upon these times, and I still need to work on my starts. The acceleration was better and I was doing well getting into my stance today, will continue to work on this and hope to make some significant improvements on this especially as I continue to gain weight and become stronger.

EDIT: Also, put the Prodigy powder straight under my tongue and then swallowed it with water. The taste was phenomenal when taken like this, sour but in a good way.

Also, I appear to have two different types of Paragon lol. I left my open bottle in the car and was too lazy to get it last night so I just opened the other one for the final dose and the caps of the first are white and red and the second are black and red. Hoping the black/red ones are the newer ones as I think it looks way cooler than the white/red ones (henceforth referred to as pokeball paragon lol)
    Haha great update gotta love pokeball paragon!! Just don't be throwing the caps saying "I chose you PIKACHU" lol nice sprint times broski
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    [email protected]
    www.pni-online.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post

Haha great update gotta love pokeball paragon!! Just don't be throwing the caps saying "I chose you PIKACHU" lol nice sprint times broski
    I already did that. All that came out was a brown powder, did I do it wrong??

Also, bought new vibrams today.

I left mine back in Texas so I had to buy a new pair.

13. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Today was a record workout:

Nice update,I also am a fan of just putting prodigy straight on tongue and chasing with water!

14. Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post

Nice update,I also am a fan of just putting prodigy straight on tongue and chasing with water!
    That's how I take a lot of PWO now. Its just faster that way.

For any of you parents that are following:

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...oys-to-be-men/

15. Today was OHP, I tweaked something last week. Not sure if this is a rotator cuff issue or just a strain in my rear delt but I took it easy on any exercises that bothered it.

OHP- 4x5@82% 1RM
    110x5x4

Close Grip Press- 3x8
    95x8, 135x8, 165x4

Complex 1
    1/2 Kneeling DB OHP: 3x12 // 30x12, 35x12, 40x10 (this last set was painful so I cut it short)
    DB Row: 3x12 // 50x12, 55x12, 65x12
    Dips : 3x10 // BWx10x6

Complex 2
    1 Leg Bridge: 2x8 // BWx8x2
    Prone March: 2x5 // BWx5x2
    Face Pulls: 2x8 // 60x8, 70x8, 80x8, 90x8
    BR No Money: 2x10 // None (Tried it with a medium band and it was painful)

Not sure what I did but it was a problem today. Will keep an eye on it and have it checked out if it gets any worse.

The OHP today felt easy and I was keeping good time on all of the complexes, feel as if my focus was stronger today and I just kept chuggin along. Didn't feel like death today when I finished so that is a good sign that my work capacity is increasing. All in all I'm feeling good about my current progress, just a little upset about this whole shoulder thing right now as I have never had any injuries from lifting (and I've been doing it for a good amount of time)

Hoping it's just a mild strain.

16. Hope that shoulder is ok man,take it easy on it if needed!

17. Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    Hope that shoulder is ok man,take it easy on it if needed!
    I do too.

I hate taking it easy lol.

18. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

I do too.

I hate taking it easy lol.
    Its that or the army will **** you

19. Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post

Its that or the army will **** you
    Unless it happened at work :wink:

Then I hope it's a tear, disability when I ETS lol.

20. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

Unless it happened at work :wink:

Then I hope it's a tear, disability when I ETS lol.
    Haha i wont tell

21. Name:  ForumRunner_20130120_142401.png
Views: 58
Size:  269.6 KB

Breakfast of champions.

22. PreWO: 1 Scoop Prodigy, 1 Cap Paragon, 1 Scoop Creatrona

Intra: 1 Scoop Compete, .5 Scoop Prodigy

Today was DL day:

DL: 6x2@95% 1RM
    300x6x2 (belt)

BB Glute Bridge: 4x5-6
    95x6, 135x6, 185x6, 225x6

Complex 1
    BB Row: 2x5 // 100x5, 135x5
    Rear Delt Raise: 2x5 // None
    BB Shrugs: 2x5 // 225x5, 275x5 (straps)

Complex 2
    Behind Neck Pull Apart: 3x15 // MDx15x3
    Prone DB Shrugs: 3x6 // 35x6, 50x6, 60x6
    Side Bridge: 3x4 (10sec per side) // BWx4x3
    BR Shoulder Rotation: 3x15 // None

Didn't do the rear delt work or the shoulder rotation because of the pain. Trying to stay away from movements that cause any pain.

Got videos of the last 5 sets for DL, watched them to check my form between sets. Need to work on my glute drive still but I didn't have any issues as far as my back rounding. I need to work on my neck, I was always coached to look up but I need to keep my chin down throughout the movement.

No lower back soreness so that's a good sign that I wasn't putting too much of the load on my spinal erectors. All in all I would say it was a good day, I'm going to link the sets to this log:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

Any critiques are welcome. It was a good session today, and I'm feeling pretty good. My hamstrings are pretty worn down right now and my glutes are pretty fried right now.

Maxing next week so I'm hoping that I made some progress this month, we'll see where I stand next Monday lol.

Supplement Notes:

I really enjoy the half scoop during the workout and will be using that from now on. I normally wouldn't be using it at 1 scoop Pre and then half a scoop intra but my workout partner so I didn't have any issues with the extra stims. Will be using .5 scoop pre and .5 scoop intra from this point on, it also tastes very good mixed with the Compete. Strong focus today, watched my form in between sets and then moved onto the next set, tried fiing some problems as the sets went on and I feel like I was more successful getting the drive off of the ground in some of the later sets.

Still noticing some increased vascularity, nothing crazy as far as pump goes. It's an improvement from no supplementation but it is definitely where this preworkout falls short for me. I could see this stacking well with something like N.O. Uptake, I may try that some day.

23. The prodigy is crazy with swoll-n!nice work man,and killer numbers on those deads!
  24. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    The prodigy is crazy with swoll-n!nice work man,and killer numbers on those deads!
    Love to hear this, thank you!
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU

25. Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    The prodigy is crazy with swoll-n!nice work man,and killer numbers on those deads!
    Thanks brother. They are definitely coming along, gonna do a little rolling tonight and then again tomorrow before I hit the track.

26. Name:  ForumRunner_20130121_182940.png
Views: 48
Size:  395.8 KB

I like black/red personally.

27. Lol,got some coming,can't wait to see what color I get!

28. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Name:  ForumRunner_20130121_182940.png
Views: 48
Size:  395.8 KB

I like black/red personally.
    Hmmm, for me it would depend on my mood...but as long as they keep working as well as they do they could be pink for all I care! : )
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU

29. Amen to that lol mine's been the red and white. Be funny if they had red white n blue haha

30. Also, I'm gonna go ahead and call it a strain. Probably the infraspinatus.

I'm just cutting out any exercises that are uncomfortable. And it hurts like hell right now.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jim: Performance is King Log.
    By jimbuick in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2206
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 12:26 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM
  3. (Insert Witty Title Here) MMV2 Log
    By Dadof2 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 11:39 PM
  4. Beowulf's (insert witty title) Training Log