Jims Creatively Titled PNI Log

Page 15 of 17 First ... 1314151617 Last

1. Didn't get **** done in the gym today.

Went in got into the superset and couldn't quit coughing.

My head's killing me, and every time I cough I get shooting pains in my lower back (almost crippling). Went and saw the medics today and they blew me off. (Hooray for Army Medicine).

Been like this since Sunday and it is not improving at all.

2. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Didn't get **** done in the gym today.

Went in got into the superset and couldn't quit coughing.

My head's killing me, and every time I cough I get shooting pains in my lower back (almost crippling). Went and saw the medics today and they blew me off. (Hooray for Army Medicine).

Been like this since Sunday and it is not improving at all.
    They do that to you guys too? Navy Medicine assumes we are lying unless we are just about dead.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   

3. Nice to see some vids up in here! I need a trap bar...man I miss doing those.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post

They do that to you guys too? Navy Medicine assumes we are lying unless we are just about dead.
    Its because of all the ****bags that abuse it.

Retarded.q

I was hacking up a lung and looking like death (my entire platoon says so, and the CO) but they were like "you don't need to see the PA, heres tylenol for the headache, go get some cough syrup."

I'm sucking right now too. Frigging ridiculous.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Its because of all the ****bags that abuse it.

Retarded.q

I was hacking up a lung and looking like death (my entire platoon says so, and the CO) but they were like "you don't need to see the PA, hears tylenol for the headache, go get some cough syrup."

I'm sucking right now too. Frigging ridiculous.
    Here's?
    Man up Jim. All you need is Motrin, crutches and 550. You're good after that.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Nice to see some vids up in here! I need a trap bar...man I miss doing those.
    Yeah, I had some good lifts yesterday. Coughed up a lung when I was done, but at least finished.

They're great, I tried sticking my ass back more so I could have more correlation to a conventional DL. Same with my GMs (for correlation to squat mechanics)

7. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post

Here's?
    Man up Jim. All you need is Motrin, crutches and 550. You're good after that.
    Lol they wouldn't even give me motrin! You know how it is out here though, socialized healthcare Hooah

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Lol they wouldn't even give me motrin! You know how it is out here though, socialized healthcare Hooah
    Healthcare is a term used way too loosely. If these monkeys would just realize that a sick troop is a liability, rather than an asset, things would change. You're just a number in the big army though, and 20% attrition is acceptable.

9. Starting to feel a little better, although that could be for a variety of reasons. Will know if I am any better tomorrow when I go to the gym!

Gonna put the updates for the last 3 days, I've posted but haven't gotten on the CPU to put any numbers, only finished one of the last 3 workouts.

21MAR13 Upper HT 2

OHP- 3x10
    95x10, 105x10, 115x9.5

Pull-Up- 3x10
    BWx10, x9.5, x8

a1. Chinese Row- 4x12 // 55x12, 60x12, N/A, N/A
    a2. 1/2 kneel OHP- 4x10 // 40x10, 45x10, N/A, N/A

This is where I ended it, as per my last update.

22MAR13 Lower HT 2

Felt really weak at the beginning of this. Wasn't originally going to do anything but ended up doing the main movements.

Front Squat- 3x10
    155x10, 175x10, 205x5

SG RDL- 3x10
    155x10, 185x10, 215x10

Ended here. Felt terrible, but not coughing as much.

23MAR13 Speed Work

Single Leg Seated Box Jump- 3x3/leg (halfway between knee and hip)
    Kneeling Get Up+Bound- 4x2x3steps
    Depth Jumps- 3x3 (chest height)
    Tall Fall Sprint- 5x20M (winded me a little more than they should have)
    Flying 20's- 5x20 (same effect)
    Sled Tow- 2x15M // 1x90#, 1x180#

10. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    one size fits all medicine....
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

11. lol I thought you was bout to go some where else with that!! Good updates brother and def hope your feeling 10 x better!! Now go smash it!!
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!

12. Glad to see you getting back into it. Time under illness makes everyone feel better.

13. Monday 25MAR13

PreWorkout: 1 Scoop Prodigy, 1 cap Paragon

Intra: 1 Scoop Gatorade, 2 Scoop MBCAA

Incline Bench: 1xF
    175x6.5 (Piss Poor, first time my training partner has beaten me on Incline Bench *See Notes* )

CS RD Row: 1xF
    55x14 (PR)

a1. WG Cable Row: 2x10 // 130x10, 140x10
    a2. DB Press w/ Bridge: 2x8 // 80x8, 85x7 (PR, although ROM was a little shorter than I wanted, about the ROM I would have with BB though.)

Complex

Face Pulls: 3x12 // 110x12, 120x12, 140x12
    Lying Tri Ext: 3x12 // 25x12x2, 35x10 (PR)
    Ext. Shoulder Rot.: 3x12 // 10x12, 20x12x2
    Cable Crunch: 3x12 // 110x12, 130x12, 150x7 +2 (PR)

This workout was killer, we were moving through the exercises and the weights felt light. The only thing to mention is my piss poor Incline Bench performance. Looking at the numbers it would lead you to believe I had an off day with it, but it was actually a much better set than most. I had a much tighter arch, and was bringing it lower (which takes a lot of strain off of my shoulders), my shoulders are my stronger pressing muscle (or so it would seem). So changing my technique so drastically (hand grip, tuck, and arch) affected my numbers. Although, it was a very productive session, I will take away a lot from this change, and hopefully see some good improvement with my Flat Bench numbers.

Will be going for 345 (or more even) tomorrow for TBar Deadlift, will try for another video, might push for 15 Reps with it if possible!

Seeing a lot of vascularity up and down my arms, extremely noticeable when doing the shoulder rotations (mostly because I am right in front of a mirror). Definitely enjoying this aspect of Paragon/Prodigy. This is my last week of this training wave, and possibly of the log (I'm running low), so we'll see how I did when we compare the numbers here pretty soon!

14. No more cough?
    Nice workout. Looks too much like effort for my body.

15. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    No more cough?
    Nice workout. Looks too much like effort for my body.
    Its still there, but not nearly as severe. It doesn't hurt my back coughing so hard anymore, more of an annoyance now.

It was a ton of effort lol.

16. Having some congestion or something today. It's like my right ear is clogged, and it's fairly painful. Can't really hear out of it either.

May just be allergies, I'm gonna take some Zyrtec tomorrow and see what that does. Anyone have any ideas?

Had a great workout today. Will edit this with the video link after I post it.

Monday 25Mar13

Pre: 1 Scoop Prodigy, 1 cap Paragon

Intra: 1 Scoop Gatorade Powder, 2 Scoop MBCAA

TBar DL: 1xF
    345x14 (Strap) (PR)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO21...e_gdata_player

Good Morning: 1xF
    205x12

a1. DB RDL: 2x10 // 35x10x2
    a2. RFE Split Squat: 2x8 // 80x8, 90x8

Complex
    BB Bridge: 3x12 // 135x12, 155x12, 185x12 (hold at the top)
    Prone March: 3x15 // BWx12x3 (thought it was sets of 12, until I wrote them down at the end....)
    Monster Walk: 3x12 // N/A (No Bands)
    SB Roll Out: 3x12 // BWx12x2, BWx10

Supplement Notes:
    Enjoying Prodigy at 1 scoop, I feel better with it dropped back to 1 than I did at 1.5. I think 1.5 is past the point of diminishing returns (stimulant wise) for me with this product. Good pick me up, can't say it's improving pump (no measuring stick) but I can say that my morning PT sessions (CF) don't give me as much pump as my later sessions with the Prodigy.

Training Notes: Had a little soreness in my middle back. Which is a good sign that my arch was extreme (within reason obviously) during my session yesterday. The TBar Deads felt good, although I feel as if I could have done more. I didn't grab my back of chalk today so I had to use the straps that were in my car, even with them I was starting to lose the weight towards the end of the set (was just holding the straps with my fingers lol). Also, had a little bit more burn in the quads than I normally get from the deads, I'm thinking this has to do with my PT this morning (something like 250 air squats, it was dumb CF bs). Either way that is a solid rep PR for TBar deads. I probably could have handled more weight on the GMs as well, but I wanted to make sure I got that full stretch at the bottom. They also seem to be improving my arch for BP as I do them (I have some pretty good lumbar mobility) and keeping that tight arch (to where it actually cramps in my middle back during higher rep sets) has definitely made a difference.

17. Sounds like an ear infection to me.
    Otherwise, good looking workout and you make those deads look easy.

18. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Sounds like an ear infection to me.
    Otherwise, good looking workout and you make those deads look easy.
    Good call. Went in today at 1300 and my right ear is infected, both were pretty clogged up but the TM in my right is black (it's supposed to be milky white). They didn't give me any antibiotics or anything, said it isn't that bad YET. Got some Motrin (surprise, surprise).

Passed out after dinner yesterday and didn't post the workout. Had to get up ridiculously early for a ruck this morning so I just went to sleep. Also, weighed in after my workout (only because my friend did because we're both trying to gain) and was sitting at 170 flat; which is good news.

Upper HT 2 27MAR13

Pre: 1 Scoop Prodigy, 1 Cap Paragon

Intra: 1 Scoop Gatorade, 2 scoop MBCAA

Strict OHP- 135x7 (Rep PR) This actually was my 1RM in like January so that is some good progress

Pull-Ups- BWx12 (I did Barbara the day before, which was 100 pullups so I will take 12)

a1. Chinese Rows- 2x10 // 65x10, 80x10
    a2. 1/2 Kneel OHP- 2x8 // 50x8, 60x8 (This might be a PR)

Complex

Scapula Dips: 3x12 // +45x12, +90x12, +135x10 (these were rough)
    BB Curl: 3x15 // 50x15, 60x15, 70x11
    DB Ext. Rot.: 3x12 // 10x12, 12x12, 15x12
    Get-Ups: 3x3 // N/A (These have been bugging my knee recently)

This one went by fast, it was a really good workout. Had some good PR's, it felt strong.

Lower HT 2 28MAR13

Did a 9.75 Mile Ruck March this morning, we did it in 2h10m. It was fast, lots of ruck running, which is terrible. It always kills my knee, it's been bugging me a lot since we started with EIB trainup and the longer rucks (mostly when we do the running, I do fine at a fast walk). My gooch is chafed from it as well, it's not very comfortable.

Front Squat: 1xF
    235x8

SG RDL: 1xF
    225x10

a1. Split Squat: 2x10 // 110x10, 130x10 (PR)
    a2. Ham Curl on SB: 2x8 // BWx8x2

Complex

Pull Through: 3x12 // 120x12, 140x12, 150x12 (Whole stack, will have to find another pulley to do these on, they were easy)
    Side Bridge w/ ABD: 3x15 // BWx8x3 (cut volume on these because of the ruck this morning)
    Wall March: 3x12 // BWx6x3 (same as above)
    Prome March: 3x12 // BWx6x3 (same)

This one went well too, good focus and strength (all things considered). I can't hear out of either ear right now, they cleaned them at the aid station so my good ear still feels like it's full of water or something. Besides that I don't really have much to add at this point.

19. Sucks about the ear and the care. To be expected though.
    As always, puttin in good work. Keep killing it. And 170 isn't a bad number. Slowly but surely.
    Chafing is horrible. Get some diaper rash cream. Desenex works wonders and you should be fine by the morn if you apply it tonight. Another good one is "monkey butt", if you can find it. Prevention is easier and carrying Vaseline on rucks is a staple for me. Apply to friction areas (gooch, inner thighs, nipples) and add as necessary throughout the duration. I'd rather have blisters than chafing.

20. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Sucks about the ear and the care. To be expected though.
    As always, puttin in good work. Keep killing it. And 170 isn't a bad number. Slowly but surely.
    Chafing is horrible. Get some diaper rash cream. Desenex works wonders and you should be fine by the morn if you apply it tonight. Another good one is "monkey butt", if you can find it. Prevention is easier and carrying Vaseline on rucks is a staple for me. Apply to friction areas (gooch, inner thighs, nipples) and add as necessary throughout the duration. I'd rather have blisters than chafing.
    Yeah, its more of a minor annoyance than anything. Although, it makes it hard to wake up in the morning when my alarm sounds muffled

I'll have to run out tomorrow to get some of that, chafing blows! I've never tried anything to stop/treat it, always just suck it up (like a big dumb idiot).

I will probably start bringing that with me on rucks.

21. So many tricks that the old heads don't care to share. Pantyhose under your socks to prevent blisters, taping your nipples in the winter to prevent chafing, Vaseline on friction areas, putting a sleeping bag and pillow in your ruck instead of real weight. I could go on and on.

22. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Sucks about the ear and the care. To be expected though.
    Boudreuxs FTW!!

Best thing ever after doing survival/minimalist hikes/ camps and long bike rides
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

23. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    So many tricks that the old heads don't care to share. Pantyhose under your socks to prevent blisters, taping your nipples in the winter to prevent chafing, Vaseline on friction areas, putting a sleeping bag and pillow in your ruck instead of real weight. I could go on and on.
    Sleeping bag and pillow are staples for my light combat jumps lol!

But outside of that my NCOs don't teach us sh!t.

24. Gotta love running during a hike. I hate that crap!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

25. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Gotta love running during a hike. I hate that crap!
    I never could understand why we do that at PT. We already run 3-4x a week, why turn a Ruck into a run too?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jim: Performance is King Log.
    By jimbuick in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2206
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 12:26 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 06:38 PM
  3. (Insert Witty Title Here) MMV2 Log
    By Dadof2 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 11:39 PM