USPlabs Patented Anabolic - Beta-Test Review/Feedback

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. USPlabs Patented Anabolic - Beta-Test Review/Feedback

USPlabs Patented Anabolic Beta-Test Review/Feedback

General:

First of all, let me document my gratitude and appreciation for the privilege to have received one bottle of the highly coveted USPLabs' Anabolic agent, otherwise known as USPlabs Patented Anabolic. I would like to thank Jacob, for making this possible in the first place; Josh for coordinating the shipping logistics to Europe; and Ben for managing the last lap of the shipping from the UK. Thank you so much!

Core Principle:

Second, as in my Pink-Magic and Compound-20 logs, I would like to highlight a key driving principle behind this beta feedback. As is obvious, I enjoy an affiliation to USPLabs as a Product Educator. As a consequence, even though, I will provide an objective feedback, there will be some that would question the objectivity of my feedback, due to my affiliation. To those, I will say the following:

The key idea of this beta-testing is to supply USPLabs with objective feedback to help it decide how to introduce its Patented Anabolic. As a consequence, I would be doing the company a serious disservice, if I deliberately provided it with feedback that differed from my true experience with the beta product. This might lead it to making the wrong choices regarding market introduction or otherwise, and that would certainly be counter-productive. So, my feedback will be objective. As usual!

Dosage and Duration of Review:

The dosage instructions are one capsule per day with food (non-workout days) or pre-workout meal (workout days). I have enough capsules for 30 consecutive days, the duration of the beta-test.

I will run Patented Anabolic solo, besides multivitamins and healthy fats such as MCT Oil, Palm Oil, and Mega EPA/DHA (an Omega-3 essential fatty acid complex).

Note: Following the tradition and style of my earlier logs, I will concentrate here solely on narrating my experience with the product in terms of specific categories (to be outlined shortly) and will not detail the amount of tonnage I move during my workouts.

Starting parameters are 110kg (243 lbs) and 12% BF.

I started USPlabs Patented Anabolic on November 16, 2012. Considering that the product is not a stimulant, I expect incremental (and cumulative) benefits over time, rather than an acute effect after the first dose. Hence, I will aim to update my feedback about twice per week, so that any effects from the product are easier to isolate.

Having clarified all that, it remains to say that I am truly looking forward to my USPlabs Patented Anabolic (henceforth "Anabolic") beta test.

Thank you for your interest and support!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

2. Bloody first!

I love Ike.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   

3. Days 1 - 3 [November 16 - November 18]

Preface

As already indicated, I started my USPlabs Anabolic run on November 16. Dosage protocol has been one (1) daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days). I take these doses with healthy fats. My preferences are Extra Virgin Olive Oil, MCT Oil, and Palm Oil (for its rich concentration of tocotrienols). This is technically a solo Anabolic run. The only other supplements I currently take are multivitamins, in addition to the fatty acid sources mentioned earlier.

Observations/Results:

For purposes of structural consistency during this review, I will provide my feedback around the following clusters adapted from my earlier beta-test logs:

1) Muscle-fullness and vascularity

Muscle-fullness (refers, in the context of this review, primarily to resting muscle-fullness, not necessarily intra-exercise muscle-fullness) and vascularity (in the sense of noticeable improvements in vascular tone) slowly improved over the first three days, a pattern that traces a different product I logged earlier. As is usual in my logs of products with a potential for enhancing macronutrient uptake and utilization, I slowly increased my caloric intake (requirement), to assess the product's true propensity for anabolic signaling.

2) Strength/Endurance

Strength and endurance did not show any marked improvement within these first three days. Neither was a significant improvement in workout intensity noticeable. In all fairness, however, these are not effects that are typically prominent after only three days of use of a compound of this nature.

3) Body Recomposition

An objective report here would be too early and premature at this stage.

4) Other Effects [Hair loss, acne, lethargy, spontaneous mood swings, and related]

No negative side effects have been observed.

General comments and Next Steps:

The next review will cover Days 4-6. Thank you for following this review!
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

4. Awesome! Following along!

5. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Bloody first!

I love Ike.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW2 View Post
    Awesome! Following along!
    Thank you!
    •   

6. Days 4 - 6 [November 19 - November 21]

Preface

Dosage was one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days).
    While on Anabolic, I am looking to systematically increase the protein content of my meals. In particular, I intend to exploit any potential beneficial effects it might have on accumulation of lean mass (and reduction of fat mass), via increased nitrogen retention or positive nitrogen balance, a state that is universally known potentiate the use of protein as a substrate for building muscle tissue. To put it differently, if this compound is anabolic, it should, amongst others, support macronutrient partitioning, stimulate protein synthesis and enhance protein utilization, while inducing anti-catabolic (muscle-sparing) and lipolytic effects. An ancilliary effect may include increased synthesis of testosterone.

Observations/Results:

(Resting) muscle-fullness and vascularity continued to improved within the past two days, but are not yet pronounced.

2) Strength/Endurance

Improvements in strength and endurance are becoming slowly noticeable. This slowly-emergent increase performance has been coupled, lately, with a reduction in fatigue (or an improvement in (post-exercise) recovery).

3) Body Recomposition

No incremental change in body composition is clearly evident at this stage.

4) Other Effects [Hair loss, acne, lethargy, spontaneous mood swings, and related]

A noticeable stimulation of sexual function can already be reported. No negative side effects have been observed. If this continues, then this compound would be able to induce anabolic effects, without androgenic ones.

The next review will cover Days 7-9. Thank you for following this review!

7. Mad I missed the start, but definitely won't miss the opportunity to follow a SM log.

8. I'm loving how detailed your log is so far! Nice work!

9. Hey Ike!

240 pounds, 12% BF? sick!

You are a compelling writer, enjoy reading what you have to say.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Mad I missed the start, but definitely won't miss the opportunity to follow a SM log.
    Thank you for turning up! Did not miss much. Still half a page!

Quote Originally Posted by SLW2 View Post
    I'm loving how detailed your log is so far! Nice work!
    Thank you for following!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post

Hey Ike!

240 pounds, 12% BF? sick!

You are a compelling writer, enjoy reading what you have to say.
    Thank you! Just a slightly different narrating style. Nice to have you around.

11. Awesome! I'm in SM!
    RXS Supplements
    [email protected]
    www.rxssupplements.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by MonteCedillo View Post
    Awesome! I'm in SM!
    Cool! Thank you!

13. Days 7 - 9 [November 22 - November 24]

Preface

Dosage has been consistently one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days). I have increased, or more correctly, have had to increase, my caloric intake, as Anabolic appears to induce a generalized nutrient-paritioning effect. To put it differently, my increased consumption of calories has not resulted in accumulation of fat tissue. On the contrary, I notice some improvement in overall lean bulk. In the past couple of days, I have noticed an increased desire and appetite for beef, and have consumed loads of it! Need to provide some decent substrate for nitrogen retention, right? In any case, I have been enjoying the experience to-date.

Observations/Results:

Throughout this log, I will emphasize resting muscle-fullness and vascularity, as opposed to exercise-induced (or intra-exercise) muscle-fullness. For me, the former is the superior, as the latter (always) accompanies physical exercise, even in the absence of supplementation. So far, resting muscle-fullness has continued to improve, as I reported in the last review, and I expect it to re-inforce its dominance as the log continues, for I suspect that such an effect will show a cumulative, rather than, acute effect.

2) Strength/Endurance

I feel stronger, and fatigue less easily, both during and after workouts. For one, increased caloric consumption appears to be effectively processed downstrean and fed into appropriate energy-generating mechanisms. I will review these energy-generating mechanisms in future comments. At this point, however, I would like to say that an improvement in strength and endurance is undenaiable.

3) Body Recomposition

I can report somewhat increased bulk without evidence of increased fat mass.

Nine days into this log, I simply feel good. Yes! The next review will cover Days 10-12. Thank you for following this review!

14. Days 10 - 12 [November 25 - November 27]

Preface

Dosage has remained unchanged: one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days).

Consistent with my previous report, I have had to stay well above maintenance-level caloric consumption, with a biased intake of proteins. The results I have seen so far suggest some form of growth-promoting effect at work - not the mere calorie-induced growth type, rather growth without noticeable macronutrient overspill that would normally result in accummulation of fat tissue. In anabolic states, these effects are typically mediated by intracellular receptor complexes that regulate gene expression and related physiological mechanisms. The stimulation of muscle growth here, quite apart from being an anabolic effect on its own, also tends to be accompanied by improved carbohydrate and protein utlilsation and increased muscle adenosine-triphosphate (ATP)-content and expression, while promoting increased non-exercise-related physical performance.

The foregoing supports my earlier assertion regarding USPlabs Patented Anabolic's generalized nutrient-paritioning effect: My increased consumption of calories does not translate into an equivalent gain in muscle and fat tissue. Up till now it appreas to be disproportionately more muscle mass.

Observations/Results:

I feel and notice my muscles are denser at rest, whether post-workout or on non-workout days. This feels good. The Patented Anabolic appreas to be truly "kicking in". Clearly a cumulative effect, nevertheless.

2) Strength/Endurance

Workouts are more focused and more intense. Earlier, I made the connection between stimulation of muscle growth, increased muscle ATP-content, and improved resting physical performance. This is what I experience. Improved strength. Enhanced endurance. Reduced fatigue. Truncated recovery.

3) Body Recomposition

A preferential shift toward increased lean muscle tissue is observable, consistent with my earlier narrative in the preface to this review.

Great experience so far. The next review will cover Days 13-15. Thank you for following this review!

15. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove
    Days 1 - 3 [November 16 - November 18]

Preface

As already indicated, I started my USPlabs Anabolic run on November 16. Dosage protocol has been one (1) daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days). I take these doses with healthy fats. My preferences are Extra Virgin Olive Oil, MCT Oil, and Palm Oil (for its rich concentration of tocotrienols). This is technically a solo Anabolic run. The only other supplements I currently take are multivitamins, in addition to the fatty acid sources mentioned earlier.

Observations/Results:

For purposes of structural consistency during this review, I will provide my feedback around the following clusters adapted from my earlier beta-test logs:

Muscle-fullness (refers, in the context of this review, primarily to resting muscle-fullness, not necessarily intra-exercise muscle-fullness) and vascularity (in the sense of noticeable improvements in vascular tone) slowly improved over the first three days, a pattern that traces a different product I logged earlier. As is usual in my logs of products with a potential for enhancing macronutrient uptake and utilization, I slowly increased my caloric intake (requirement), to assess the product's true propensity for anabolic signaling.

2) Strength/Endurance

Strength and endurance did not show any marked improvement within these first three days. Neither was a significant improvement in workout intensity noticeable. In all fairness, however, these are not effects that are typically prominent after only three days of use of a compound of this nature.

3) Body Recomposition

An objective report here would be too early and premature at this stage.

The next review will cover Days 4-6. Thank you for following this review!
    This is the first log I came across that is very detailed. Thanks strat will follow along.

16. Quote Originally Posted by 808shredded View Post
    This is the first log I came across that is very detailed. Thanks strat will follow along.
    Thank you. Nice to have you along.

17. I am ashamed that it has taken me this long.

18. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I am ashamed that it has taken me this long.
    Thank you for turning up!

19. On board, Ike!

20. Strat how's it going?

21. Days 13 - 15 [November 28 - November 30]

Preface

Dosage here was, as in the earlier cases, one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days).

I am about half way through this log. While there are another two or so weeks to go, I must note that the results so far have been impressive. At above-maintenance feeding, I have noticed efficient nutrient utilisation, denser, fuller muscles, and markedly improved exercise-related and non-exercise-related physical performance. I am aware that some of these effects can be obtained by increased consumption of macronutrients (proteins will modulate muscle-growth, carbohydrates will deliver muscle fullness and a substrate for energy requirements, while fats will partly fuel energy needs and support hormonal function), but this usually occurs with increased accumulation of fat mass. Here is where Patented Anabolic seems to have made a solid difference so far - marked improvements muscle-fullness, lean mass and vascular tone, without a noticeable compensating increase in adipocyte expression.

Observations/Results:

This point has been made in the preface. Markedly noticeable resting muscle fullness and vascular tone. If I had to discontinue this log today for whatever reason, I would recommend Patented Anabolic on this effect alone. Nice.

2) Strength/Endurance

As noted earlier, greater intensity and focus during workouts, combined with improved strength and faster recovery are dominant observations in this area. Just as remarkable is being able to attack one's daily itinerary without falling prey to premature fatigue.

3) Body Recomposition

While increased bulk is noticeable, this has not been accompanied by a proportionate increase in body fat, suggesting that Patented Anabolic activates, or at the very least supports, the burning of excess calories for fuel.

Quite satisfied at this point. The next review will cover Days 16-18. Thank you for following this review!

22. Days 16 - 18 [December 1 - December 3]

Preface

I could not post my reviews in the usual interval, but took notes nevertheless. I am posting two reviews more or less "back-to-back" from those notes.

Dosage was one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days).

Food consumption is still above maintenance-level, and this appears to be quite efficiently utilized. As I am not taking any Anabolic-Pump-type supplements, I must give credit here to Patented Anabolic.

Observations/Results:

This is my favorite Patented Anabolic effect. I enjoy experiencing dense, full muscles at rest. Patented Anabolic has been delivering this consistently in the past several days.

2) Strength/Endurance

While on Patented Anabolic, I feel as if it were, more or less, permanently regenerating ATP, like one would experience with compounds like creatine or rhodiola rosea. Pure strength and endurance!

3) Body Recomposition

Like I noted earlier, the shift here is noticeable and is toward increased lean mass at the expense of fat accummulation.

I hope the others are enjoying their runs of Patented Anabolic. I certainly am. The next review will cover Days 19-21. Thank you for following this review!

23. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    On board, Ike!
    Awesome to have you on board, Kenton!

24. Quote Originally Posted by 808shredded View Post
    Strat how's it going?
    Rather nicely, thank you!

25. Nice updates.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. USPlabs "Patented Anabolic" R&D -- Alpha Testing Q/A --
    By borobulker in forum Supplements
    Replies: 601
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 01:47 PM
  2. USPlabs PATENTED ANABOLIC-ALPHA TESTing it here FIRST!
    By USPlabsRep in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 04:27 PM
  3. USPlabs PATENTED ANABOLIC-ALPHA TESTing it here FIRST!
    By USPlabsRep in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 978
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM
  4. Testing...1,2,3: USPlabs "PATENTED ANABOLIC"
    By breezy11 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 491
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 06:31 PM
  5. *NEW iFORCE COMPETE BETA TEST REVIEW*
    By mnowak1228 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 12:40 AM