strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
USPlabs Patented Anabolic Beta-Test Review/Feedback

General:

First of all, let me document my gratitude and appreciation for the privilege to have received one bottle of the highly coveted USPLabs' Anabolic agent, otherwise known as USPlabs Patented Anabolic. I would like to thank Jacob, for making this possible in the first place; Josh for coordinating the shipping logistics to Europe; and Ben for managing the last lap of the shipping from the UK. Thank you so much!

Core Principle:

Second, as in my Pink-Magic and Compound-20 logs, I would like to highlight a key driving principle behind this beta feedback. As is obvious, I enjoy an affiliation to USPLabs as a Product Educator. As a consequence, even though, I will provide an objective feedback, there will be some that would question the objectivity of my feedback, due to my affiliation. To those, I will say the following:

The key idea of this beta-testing is to supply USPLabs with objective feedback to help it decide how to introduce its Patented Anabolic. As a consequence, I would be doing the company a serious disservice, if I deliberately provided it with feedback that differed from my true experience with the beta product. This might lead it to making the wrong choices regarding market introduction or otherwise, and that would certainly be counter-productive. So, my feedback will be objective. As usual!

Dosage and Duration of Review:

The dosage instructions are one capsule per day with food (non-workout days) or pre-workout meal (workout days). I have enough capsules for 30 consecutive days, the duration of the beta-test.

I will run Patented Anabolic solo, besides multivitamins and healthy fats such as MCT Oil, Palm Oil, and Mega EPA/DHA (an Omega-3 essential fatty acid complex).

Note: Following the tradition and style of my earlier logs, I will concentrate here solely on narrating my experience with the product in terms of specific categories (to be outlined shortly) and will not detail the amount of tonnage I move during my workouts.

Starting parameters are 110kg (243 lbs) and 12% BF.

I started USPlabs Patented Anabolic on November 16, 2012. Considering that the product is not a stimulant, I expect incremental (and cumulative) benefits over time, rather than an acute effect after the first dose. Hence, I will aim to update my feedback about twice per week, so that any effects from the product are easier to isolate.

Having clarified all that, it remains to say that I am truly looking forward to my USPlabs Patented Anabolic (henceforth "Anabolic") beta test.

Thank you for your interest and support!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bloody first!

I love Ike.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 1 - 3 [November 16 - November 18]

Preface

As already indicated, I started my USPlabs Anabolic run on November 16. Dosage protocol has been one (1) daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days). I take these doses with healthy fats. My preferences are Extra Virgin Olive Oil, MCT Oil, and Palm Oil (for its rich concentration of tocotrienols). This is technically a solo Anabolic run. The only other supplements I currently take are multivitamins, in addition to the fatty acid sources mentioned earlier.

Observations/Results:

For purposes of structural consistency during this review, I will provide my feedback around the following clusters adapted from my earlier beta-test logs:

1) Muscle-fullness and vascularity

Muscle-fullness (refers, in the context of this review, primarily to resting muscle-fullness, not necessarily intra-exercise muscle-fullness) and vascularity (in the sense of noticeable improvements in vascular tone) slowly improved over the first three days, a pattern that traces a different product I logged earlier. As is usual in my logs of products with a potential for enhancing macronutrient uptake and utilization, I slowly increased my caloric intake (requirement), to assess the product's true propensity for anabolic signaling.

2) Strength/Endurance

Strength and endurance did not show any marked improvement within these first three days. Neither was a significant improvement in workout intensity noticeable. In all fairness, however, these are not effects that are typically prominent after only three days of use of a compound of this nature.

3) Body Recomposition

An objective report here would be too early and premature at this stage.

4) Other Effects [Hair loss, acne, lethargy, spontaneous mood swings, and related]

No negative side effects have been observed.

General comments and Next Steps:

The next review will cover Days 4-6. Thank you for following this review!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 4 - 6 [November 19 - November 21]

Preface

Dosage was one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days).
While on Anabolic, I am looking to systematically increase the protein content of my meals. In particular, I intend to exploit any potential beneficial effects it might have on accumulation of lean mass (and reduction of fat mass), via increased nitrogen retention or positive nitrogen balance, a state that is universally known potentiate the use of protein as a substrate for building muscle tissue. To put it differently, if this compound is anabolic, it should, amongst others, support macronutrient partitioning, stimulate protein synthesis and enhance protein utilization, while inducing anti-catabolic (muscle-sparing) and lipolytic effects. An ancilliary effect may include increased synthesis of testosterone.

Observations/Results:

(Resting) muscle-fullness and vascularity continued to improved within the past two days, but are not yet pronounced.

2) Strength/Endurance

Improvements in strength and endurance are becoming slowly noticeable. This slowly-emergent increase performance has been coupled, lately, with a reduction in fatigue (or an improvement in (post-exercise) recovery).

3) Body Recomposition

No incremental change in body composition is clearly evident at this stage.

4) Other Effects [Hair loss, acne, lethargy, spontaneous mood swings, and related]

A noticeable stimulation of sexual function can already be reported. No negative side effects have been observed. If this continues, then this compound would be able to induce anabolic effects, without androgenic ones.

The next review will cover Days 7-9. Thank you for following this review!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mad I missed the start, but definitely won't miss the opportunity to follow a SM log.

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
I'm loving how detailed your log is so far! Nice work!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:wave2:

Hey Ike!

240 pounds, 12% BF? sick!

You are a compelling writer, enjoy reading what you have to say.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mad I missed the start, but definitely won't miss the opportunity to follow a SM log.
Thank you for turning up! Did not miss much. Still half a page! :)

I'm loving how detailed your log is so far! Nice work!
Thank you for following!

:wave2:

Hey Ike!

240 pounds, 12% BF? sick!

You are a compelling writer, enjoy reading what you have to say.
Thank you! Just a slightly different narrating style. Nice to have you around.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 7 - 9 [November 22 - November 24]

Preface

Dosage has been consistently one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days). I have increased, or more correctly, have had to increase, my caloric intake, as Anabolic appears to induce a generalized nutrient-paritioning effect. To put it differently, my increased consumption of calories has not resulted in accumulation of fat tissue. On the contrary, I notice some improvement in overall lean bulk. In the past couple of days, I have noticed an increased desire and appetite for beef, and have consumed loads of it! Need to provide some decent substrate for nitrogen retention, right? :) In any case, I have been enjoying the experience to-date.

Observations/Results:

Throughout this log, I will emphasize resting muscle-fullness and vascularity, as opposed to exercise-induced (or intra-exercise) muscle-fullness. For me, the former is the superior, as the latter (always) accompanies physical exercise, even in the absence of supplementation. So far, resting muscle-fullness has continued to improve, as I reported in the last review, and I expect it to re-inforce its dominance as the log continues, for I suspect that such an effect will show a cumulative, rather than, acute effect.

2) Strength/Endurance

I feel stronger, and fatigue less easily, both during and after workouts. For one, increased caloric consumption appears to be effectively processed downstrean and fed into appropriate energy-generating mechanisms. I will review these energy-generating mechanisms in future comments. At this point, however, I would like to say that an improvement in strength and endurance is undenaiable.

3) Body Recomposition

I can report somewhat increased bulk without evidence of increased fat mass.

Nine days into this log, I simply feel good. Yes! The next review will cover Days 10-12. Thank you for following this review!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 10 - 12 [November 25 - November 27]

Preface

Dosage has remained unchanged: one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days).

Consistent with my previous report, I have had to stay well above maintenance-level caloric consumption, with a biased intake of proteins. The results I have seen so far suggest some form of growth-promoting effect at work - not the mere calorie-induced growth type, rather growth without noticeable macronutrient overspill that would normally result in accummulation of fat tissue. In anabolic states, these effects are typically mediated by intracellular receptor complexes that regulate gene expression and related physiological mechanisms. The stimulation of muscle growth here, quite apart from being an anabolic effect on its own, also tends to be accompanied by improved carbohydrate and protein utlilsation and increased muscle adenosine-triphosphate (ATP)-content and expression, while promoting increased non-exercise-related physical performance.

The foregoing supports my earlier assertion regarding USPlabs Patented Anabolic's generalized nutrient-paritioning effect: My increased consumption of calories does not translate into an equivalent gain in muscle and fat tissue. Up till now it appreas to be disproportionately more muscle mass.

Observations/Results:

I feel and notice my muscles are denser at rest, whether post-workout or on non-workout days. This feels good. The Patented Anabolic appreas to be truly "kicking in". Clearly a cumulative effect, nevertheless.

2) Strength/Endurance

Workouts are more focused and more intense. Earlier, I made the connection between stimulation of muscle growth, increased muscle ATP-content, and improved resting physical performance. This is what I experience. Improved strength. Enhanced endurance. Reduced fatigue. Truncated recovery.

3) Body Recomposition

A preferential shift toward increased lean muscle tissue is observable, consistent with my earlier narrative in the preface to this review.

Great experience so far. The next review will cover Days 13-15. Thank you for following this review!

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Days 1 - 3 [November 16 - November 18]

Preface

As already indicated, I started my USPlabs Anabolic run on November 16. Dosage protocol has been one (1) daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days). I take these doses with healthy fats. My preferences are Extra Virgin Olive Oil, MCT Oil, and Palm Oil (for its rich concentration of tocotrienols). This is technically a solo Anabolic run. The only other supplements I currently take are multivitamins, in addition to the fatty acid sources mentioned earlier.

Observations/Results:

For purposes of structural consistency during this review, I will provide my feedback around the following clusters adapted from my earlier beta-test logs:

Muscle-fullness (refers, in the context of this review, primarily to resting muscle-fullness, not necessarily intra-exercise muscle-fullness) and vascularity (in the sense of noticeable improvements in vascular tone) slowly improved over the first three days, a pattern that traces a different product I logged earlier. As is usual in my logs of products with a potential for enhancing macronutrient uptake and utilization, I slowly increased my caloric intake (requirement), to assess the product's true propensity for anabolic signaling.

2) Strength/Endurance

Strength and endurance did not show any marked improvement within these first three days. Neither was a significant improvement in workout intensity noticeable. In all fairness, however, these are not effects that are typically prominent after only three days of use of a compound of this nature.

3) Body Recomposition

An objective report here would be too early and premature at this stage.

The next review will cover Days 4-6. Thank you for following this review!
This is the first log I came across that is very detailed. Thanks strat will follow along.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 13 - 15 [November 28 - November 30]

Preface

Dosage here was, as in the earlier cases, one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days).

I am about half way through this log. While there are another two or so weeks to go, I must note that the results so far have been impressive. At above-maintenance feeding, I have noticed efficient nutrient utilisation, denser, fuller muscles, and markedly improved exercise-related and non-exercise-related physical performance. I am aware that some of these effects can be obtained by increased consumption of macronutrients (proteins will modulate muscle-growth, carbohydrates will deliver muscle fullness and a substrate for energy requirements, while fats will partly fuel energy needs and support hormonal function), but this usually occurs with increased accumulation of fat mass. Here is where Patented Anabolic seems to have made a solid difference so far - marked improvements muscle-fullness, lean mass and vascular tone, without a noticeable compensating increase in adipocyte expression.

Observations/Results:

This point has been made in the preface. Markedly noticeable resting muscle fullness and vascular tone. If I had to discontinue this log today for whatever reason, I would recommend Patented Anabolic on this effect alone. Nice.

2) Strength/Endurance

As noted earlier, greater intensity and focus during workouts, combined with improved strength and faster recovery are dominant observations in this area. Just as remarkable is being able to attack one's daily itinerary without falling prey to premature fatigue.

3) Body Recomposition

While increased bulk is noticeable, this has not been accompanied by a proportionate increase in body fat, suggesting that Patented Anabolic activates, or at the very least supports, the burning of excess calories for fuel.

Quite satisfied at this point. The next review will cover Days 16-18. Thank you for following this review!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 16 - 18 [December 1 - December 3]

Preface

I could not post my reviews in the usual interval, but took notes nevertheless. I am posting two reviews more or less "back-to-back" from those notes.

Dosage was one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days).

Food consumption is still above maintenance-level, and this appears to be quite efficiently utilized. As I am not taking any Anabolic-Pump-type supplements, I must give credit here to Patented Anabolic.

Observations/Results:

This is my favorite Patented Anabolic effect. I enjoy experiencing dense, full muscles at rest. Patented Anabolic has been delivering this consistently in the past several days.

2) Strength/Endurance

While on Patented Anabolic, I feel as if it were, more or less, permanently regenerating ATP, like one would experience with compounds like creatine or rhodiola rosea. Pure strength and endurance!

3) Body Recomposition

Like I noted earlier, the shift here is noticeable and is toward increased lean mass at the expense of fat accummulation.

I hope the others are enjoying their runs of Patented Anabolic. I certainly am. The next review will cover Days 19-21. Thank you for following this review!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice updates. :thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 19 - 21 [December 4 - December 6]

Preface

Dosage here was, as in the earlier cases, one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days). Although I am neither aware of the name of the specific compound(s) in Patented Anabolic, nor am I aware of the specific mechanism(s) of action (MOA) through which it(they) exert(s) its(their) pharmacological effects, in what follows, I will attempt to speculate on some of the possible mechanisms I suspect are behind the results I have accumulated so far.
At this point in time, I am roughly ten days to the end of the log. During the past three weeks, I have experienced results that are for me impressive. In particular, at above-maintenance feeding, I have noticed efficient nutrient utilization, denser muscles, and markedly enhanced exercise-related and non-exercise-related physical performance.

Observations/Results:

Having consistently stayed on excess (about 10% above-maintenance) caloric consumption, lipolysis should have been obstructed and subcutaneous adipose accumulation should ordinarily have ensued. The reality has been different, however. In particular, I have experienced an accumulation of lean mass, reflecting, to my mind, a combination of anabolic action, cyclic-AMP mediation, and some beta-adrenoceptor-type stimulation, resulting in improved protein-synthetic mechanisms and diminution in subcutaneous adipose stores.

I can report increased Muscle-fullness, muscle-hardness/density, and vascularity, both in resting and non-resting states, one of my favorite results from Patented Anabolic so far. As is obvious, muscle-fullness and enhanced vascular tone are associated with improved lean mass and reduction of subcutaneous adipose expression. In part, these effects are probably downstream results of beta-adrenergic and cAMP-mediated processes, ignoring for a moment the potentially purely anabolic aspects of Patented Anabolic. More on this shortly. Before then, let us focus for a second or two on vasodilation itself.

Broadly stated, vasodilation precedes vascularity. Put differently, improved vascularity is hard to imagine without enhanced vasodilation. As it turns out, there exists consensus that vasodilation (also coronary/pulmonary artery vasodilation) can be induced by androgens, especially testosterone. Furthermore, these androgens can produce enhanced muscle density and hardness, and ultimately aesthetic vascularity. In particular, like I have stated elsewhere, endothelium-dependent (partly via nitric-oxide enhancement) and non-endothelium-dependent/endothelium-independent (via smooth-muscle ion conductance) pathways are mechanisms through which androgens, for example, testosterone can induce an impact on vascular tone. In my observation, the pre-dominance of muscle density, muscle-fullness, and vascularity appears to be a reflection of a deeper metabolic-endocrine effect, namely the increased endogenous production of androgens, particularly, testosterone.

Furthermore, vasodilation is, again, like I have stated elsewhere, in part more a function of improved stimulation of beta-2 adrenoceptors on the endothelial surface of skeletal-muscle blood vessels than the stimulation of the alpha-1 (and alpha-2) adrenoceptors (in the proximity of the sympathetic nerve terminals) that would lead to vasoconstriction. Vasodilation and increased blood flow play an important role in lipolysis, as the by-products of lipolysis, such as non-esterified fatty acids and glycerol, are better transported to oxidative sites (although glycerols, unlike non-esterified fatty acids, are water-soluble and can consequently diffuse out of adipose cells into extracellular circulation).

2) Strength/Endurance

Strength and endurance, especially intra-exercise, as well as workout load, duration, and intensity have seen significant improvements since the start of my Patented Anabolic run. Chances are, that this might be related to the efficient utilization of free fatty acids for fuel, as metabolites of the lipolytic process initiated by Patented Anabolic. These improvements in workout load, duration, and intensity are clearly attributable to Patented Anabolic. Apart from the pronounced boost in ATP-synthetic effects that translate into superior cardiovascular capacity, enhanced strength and endurance are also known to be a reflection of testosterone's anabolic activity expressed via direct stimulation of increased muscle-synthetic response.

Furthermore, improvements in strength and endurance represent, for me, central outcomes of Patented Anabolic supplementation, as energy recruitment improves with structural enhancements in skeletal muscle integrity and efficiency. So, altogether, Patented Anabolic appears to acts as an ergogenic agent that not only promotes increases in muscle and energy-producing tissues, but also positively influences the availability of energy and its rate of regeneration, resulting in improved strength and endurance.

3) Body Recomposition

By now, I can report amplified changes in body composition. In particular, I refer to greater leaning effects, improved visual manifestation of enhanced lean mass, as well as elevated lipolytic and anti-catabolic effects. More compactly, I report more noticeable shifts toward receding adipose accumulation and elevated muscular expression. Altogether, endogenous androgen-induced hormonal manipulation positively impacts the metamorphosis of stem cells into satellite cells at the expense of pre-adipocytes, and ultimately leads to enhanced hypertrophy and reduced fat mass. Body-compositional changes, like muscle-density and muscular tone, are also, I postulate, modulated by beta-adrenergic and cAMP-mediated metabolic mechanisms.

Consider the significance of this for a second! Insignificant fat accumulation on above-maintenance feeding!

The results here remind me of an earlier product log. In particular, cumulative changes in body composition have been positive: a pronounced improvement in lean-mass-to-fat-mass ratio, with noticeable aesthetic enhancements in muscular tone. All this on an above-maintenance caloric feeding! As is well known, beyond being a storage unit for energy (as triacylglycerol) and acting as an insulator, adipose tissue is metabolically active. Usually, feeding should inhibit lipolysis via its stimulation of insulin release and the consequent impact on the enzyme, hormone sensitive lipase (HSL), the rate-limiting enzyme for lipolysis. On the other hand, fasting and exercise have the opposite (favorable) effect on lipolysis by reducing insulin and recruiting catecholamines such as noradrenaline (norepinephrine) and adrenaline (epinephrine), the main hormones involved in the regulation of lipid status. These catecholamines act as first messengers in the lipolytic cascade that lead to beta-adrenoceptor activation and downstream activation of the second messenger (cAMP) that ultimately induces thermogenesis and lipolysis in visceral, subcutaneous, and gluteofemoral (buttocks and thighs) sites with varying results reflecting adrenoceptor distribution. So, the results I have seen so far appear to me to be consistent with the postulated adrenergic pathway to lipolysis and thermogenesis. Finally, recall, too, that testosterone also upregulates beta-adrenoceptors in the abdominal and other regions, explaining one pathway it employs to induce lipolysis.

As I mentioned earlier, free fatty acids as a preferred source of fuel can power exercise sessions, leading to improvements in strength and endurance, aside from initiating favorable body-compositional changes. As is well known, lipolysis is the breakdown of triglycerides in adipocytes to form fatty acids and glycerol. These fatty acids and glycerol are eliminated from fat cells by passive diffusion, transported across the cell membrane via protein transporters and are ultimately shuttled into the bloodstream to be expensed as fuel by other cells and tissues.

I speculate that the effects I have seen so far in the course of taking Patented Anabolic are due to a combination of direct anabolic effects (possibly due to hormonal modulation), beta-adrenergic effects, as well as cyclic-AMP-mediated effects.

Recall that 3,5 cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) is the messenger for beta adrenoceptors. Increased cAMP levels are known to, for instance, stimulate lipolytic activity, trigger the levels of a Leydig-cell cholesterol-transfer protein, known as steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StaR) and steroidogenesis, stimulate the HPTA, inhibit platelet aggregation, improve thyroid function, improve the contractile force of cardiac muscles, boost fat metabolism, and so on. Put differently, cyclic AMP and the host of chemical actions and metabolic processes it activates, together form a complex second messenger system that modulates the intricate and powerful effects of hormones in our body, both lipolytic/anti-catabolic and anabolic.

Now, as is well-known, adrenergic receptors, or adrenoceptors, belong to the G-protein class of coupled receptors, and are the most prominent receptors in the adipose membrane, besides also being expressed in skeletal muscle tissue. These adipose-membrane receptors are classified as either alpha- or beta-adrenoceptors. Although these beta and alpha adrenoceptors share the same messenger, cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), the specific transduction pathway depends on the receptor type (alpha or beta). The beta adrenoceptors, in particular the beta-2 adrenoceptors, are the most thermogenic and lipolytic, and also induce anabolic effects. In particular, the stimulation of beta-2 adrenoceptors triggers vasodilation in muscle tissue, and promotes oxygen uptake and nutrient transportation to muscle tissue. Furthermore, beta-2 adrenergic receptors are direct thermogenic activators via stimulating direct increases in fatty acid oxidation. Increased oxidation of fatty acids in skeletal muscle cells promotes leaning. To continue, activation of beta-2 adrenoceptors directly upregulates uncoupling proteins 2 and 3 in skeletal muscle cells, leading to enhanced energy expenditure and impairment of the anti-lipolytic effects of alpha-2 adrenoceptors. Overall, the lipolytic and thermogenic beta-adrenoceptors promote the uptake of fatty acids into perixosomes and mitochondria, leading to the oxidation of fats, not carbohydrates, for energy. Furthermore, beta adrenergic stimulation, in particular, tends to exhibit a potential for anabolic activity. The specific anabolic activity of beta-adrenoceptors depends in some cases on the duration of their interaction with receptors in skeletal muscle cells, or whether or not they bypass the liver (thus circumventing first-pass degradation). Examples of anabolic effects from beta-adrenergic stimulation include improved muscle strength, preservation of lean mass (anti-catabolic action), improved nitrogen retention and improved protein synthesis in skeletal muscles (even during caloric restriction).

Patented Anabolic has been incredible so far. It is like I am stacking PowerFULL, Pink Magic, PRIME, and Anabolic Pump! I have experienced and reported solid improvements in different classes as enumerated earlier. After three weeks of Patented Anabolic, I have experienced remarkable cumulative anabolic effects, without any androgenic sides.

The next review will cover Days 22-24. Thank you for following this review!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 22 - 24 [December 7 - December 9]

Preface

Dosage in this review period was the regular one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days).

Observations/Results:

A solid run so far. Recall this is a solo Patented Anabolic log, so I can legitimately ascribe all of the effects I have described so far (and may describe in the remaining part of the log) to the compound.

1) Muscle-fullness and Vascularity

Here, I report amplified resting and non-resting muscular definition (density, hardness, fullness) and vascular tone. Put differently, muscle-density and hardness, muscle-fullness, and generalized enhancements in vascularity are dominant, and are probably positively influenced by some mechanism involving amplified downstream endogenous production of testosterone.

2) Strength/Endurance

Clearly, Patented Anabolic exhibits significant ergogenic effects. Possibly following from its modulation of ATP-resynthetic mechanisms, energy availability and regeneration have not only been magnified, but have consistently manifested themselves in undeniable enhancements in strength and endurance. Increased workout load, duration, and intensity are the concrete results from my Patented Anabolic supplementation in this area. This is the basis for my classification of Patented Anabolic as an ergogenic agent, as it appears to not only promote increases in muscle and energy-producing tissues, but also positively influences the availability of energy and its rate of regeneration, resulting in improved strength and endurance.

3) Body Recomposition

Patented Anabolic appears to promote enhanced muscle definition and vascular tone as the foundation for favorable body recomposition. This effect is directly related to my earlier comment that Patented Anabolic appeared to exert a positive effect on protein synthesis and nitrogen retention, coupled with the thermogenic-lipolytic processes I mentioned in the last review, to produce a structural shift away from adipogenesis and to hypertrophy and anabolism.

3) Negative Side Effects [Hair loss, acne, lethargy, spontaneous mood swings, and related]

General Comments and Next Steps:

Rest, sleep, muscle-tissue repair and recovery are significant. Apart from the direct anabolic effect of muscle-tissue repair, Patented Anabolic may also exert a positive effect on lactic-acid modulation, as well as delivering adaptogenic and anti-oxidant properties that express themselves in stress adaptation and beneficial regulation of metabolic processes that inhibit catabolism and prime the body for optimal growth, collectively contributing to not just muscle preservation, but also to muscle growth. Furthermore, associated with Patented Anabolic supplementation is increased positive aggression, assertiveness, and libido, all effects that are associated with an increased endogenous production of testosterone.

The next review will cover Days 25-27. Thank you for following this review!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 25 - 27 [December 10 - December 12]

Preface

Dosage in this review period was the regular one (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days).

Observations/Results:

This is my penultimate review. It has been close to four weeks of a solo run of Patented Anabolic, and my experience has been remarkable. Increased hunger. Upped macronutrient consumption. Efficient nutrient partitioning. Enhanced lean mass. Heightened exercise intensity. Improved strength and endurance. Positive aggression. Phenomenal indeed.

1) Muscle-fullness and Vascularity

As I have consistently reported in the last couple of reviews, one of my favorite aspects of this compound is amplified resting and non-resting muscle fullness and density, combined with pronounced vascularity. Consistent with an earlier suggestion I made, these results might be related to an improved efficiency in macronutrient partitioning and utilization. In turn, these are partly (anabolic) protein-synthetic effects (net positive nitrogen retention) that can be induced by testosterone, growth hormones, or a combination of the two [and possibly anti-glucocorticoid effects associated with lean-mass retention] and their aggregate impact on vasodilation and vascularity via endothelium-dependent (partly via nitric-oxide enhancement) and non-endothelium-dependent/endothelium-independent (via smooth-muscle ion conductance) pathways.

2) Strength/Endurance

In line with an earlier exposition, Patented Anabolic appears to exhibit powerful ergogenic results that may be downstream effects of regulating phosphocreatine- ATP-resynthetic proceses. Put differently, it appears to not just promote increases in muscle and energy-producing tissues, but also apperas to positively influence the availability of energy and its rate of regeneration, leading to improved strength and endurance.

3) Body Recomposition

Earlier, I reported enhanced muscle-fullness and vascularity. These are clearly outward manifestations of deep metabolic processes that also induce body-recompositional effects. Effectively, body recomposition is a function of hormonal processes. In particular, following from a change in hormonal status, a certain combination of lipolytic/thermogenic processes, anabolic and anti-catabolic mechanisms, as well as a preferential shift in the development of stem cells toward the growth of muscle satellite cells at the expense of pre-adipocytes occurs, leading to increased lean mass and reduced fat mass.

3) Negative Side Effects [Hair loss, acne, lethargy, spontaneous mood swings, and related]

General Comments and Next Steps:

My previous comments here remain valid: Rest, sleep, muscle-tissue repair and recovery are significant. Apart from the direct anabolic effect of muscle-tissue repair, Patented Anabolic may also exert a positive effect on lactic-acid modulation, as well as delivering adaptogenic and anti-oxidant properties that express themselves in stress adaptation and beneficial regulation of metabolic processes that inhibit catabolism and prime the body for optimal growth, collectively contributing to not just muscle preservation, but also to muscle growth. Furthermore, associated with Patented Anabolic supplementation are increased positive aggression, assertiveness, and libido, all effects that are associated with an optimized regulation of hormonal status.

The next review will be the final, and will cover the results of the full 30 days of supplementation. Thank you for following this review!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Patented Anabolic Review:

Beginning of supplementation: November 16, 2012
Last day of supplementation: December 15, 2012
Length of Run: 30 days
Dosage: One (1) capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non- workout days).
Stack: Solo run (Patented Anabolic only, at recommended dosage)
Starting statistics: 110kg (242.5 lbs) and 12% BF
Ending statistics: 113.0kg (249.1 lbs) and 11.1% BF
Caloric intake: Above maintenance (about +10% on average)

As they say, whatever has a beginning, must have an end. And so I come to the final review of my Patented Anabolic solo run, spanning 30 truly transformational days. Dosage was consistent at one capsule daily with meals (pre-workout meals on workout days and breakfast on non-workout days). It was, indeed, an incredible journey. Rich. Intense. Focused!

In what follows, I will summarize my experiences with, and results from, the product, consistent with my earlier comments and reports, in addition to the summary in the preceding section of this final review. Obviously, as this was a solo run, all the results documented here, in no particular order, are solely attributable to Patented Anabolic alone.

1. Potent stimulation of hunger signals, inevitably leading to above-maintenance caloric exposure, an apparently essential component and pre-condition for the products’ anabolic effects (see (2) below).
  2. Distinct and powerful up-regulation of macronutrient-uptake, partitioning, and utilization efficiency, coupled with an intense stimulation of anabolic (protein-synthetic and nitrogen-retention) and muscle-sparing (anti-catabolic) processes.
  3. Noticeably enhanced intra-workout muscle contractions and resting muscle density and fullness, coupled with a cumulative boost in (intra- and post-exercise) vasodilation, striation, and vascular expression.
  4. Unmistakably pronounced ergogenic effects, possibly via stimulation of ATP regeneration/re-synthesis and enhanced energy regulation, ultimately leading to amplified improvements in strength and endurance and manifested in increased workout load and intensity, as well as reduced fatigue and shortened post-exercise recovery length.
  5. Distinct, preferential and disproportionate shift in body composition in favor of greater expression of dense and lean muscle tissue at the expense of accumulation of adipose mass, consistent with the enhancement in anabolic/anti-catabolic/lipolytic signals and processes that cumulatively led to net-new muscle tissue.
  6. Increased assertiveness and positive aggression without (androgenic) side effects.

Altogether, Patented Anabolic, in my view, packs true potential. Without knowing the constituent ingredient(s) of the product, my log experience suggests to me that Patented Anabolic has the potential to induce a multitude of desirable effects (anabolic, anti-catabolic, lipolytic, ergogenic) in a potent and amplified manner, making it a legitimate candidate, not only for a solo run, but also for inclusion in a variety of stacks in different directions (lean bulk, bulk, strength, fat-loss). As the effects, at least in my case, were cumulative, an optimal duration for Patented Anabolic’s use should be about eight (8) weeks, to allow for a full course of the product’s potent results. Appropriately, I am truly looking forward to being able to use this product for this postulated length of time.

Overall, I will not hesitate to recommend Patented Anabolic unconditionally.

Finally, I would like to thank Jacob for giving me the opportunity to beta-test this product. Thank you!

To everyone else I say thank you very much for following my log, actively or passively!

Vielen Dank und bis bald! ;)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reading Ike's posts makes me feel very unintelligent.

In turn, these are partly (anabolic) protein-synthetic effects (net positive nitrogen retention) that can be induced by testosterone, growth hormones, or a combination of the two [and possibly anti-glucocorticoid effects associated with lean-mass retention] and their aggregate impact on vasodilation and vascularity via endothelium-dependent (partly via nitric-oxide enhancement) and non-endothelium-dependent/endothelium-independent (via smooth-muscle ion conductance) pathways.
... my log is like "here is a shot of my abs, bro".

Great work, Ike. :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice review of the 30 days of use. :thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
That's strat for that very informational run on patented anabolic. Now knowing what it can really do I can add it to my stacks accordingly.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's strat for that very informational run on patented anabolic. Now knowing what it can really do I can add it to my stacks accordingly.
Awesome. Glad you found my review useful. Thank you!