Snag continues his off-season REDEFINing

Page 6 of 23 First ... 45678 ... Last

  1. dinner tonight



    10oz 93% grilled turkey
    4oz Hormel oven roasted/smoked turkey breast slices (all natty/no preservatives)
    romaine salad w/ 2 TBS olive oil/balsamic vinaigrette mix, croutons
    ~640cals

    made the switch today to my olive oil/balsamic mix, instead of the bleu cheese i been using
    usually only use this in precontest, but ima shaking things up..
    strongly considering the move to the "next step" in dietary discretion for me - that being, total gluten-free fare
    i already eat pretty low-gluten anyway, but i am interested in going all the way, see what it brings...

    that Hormel meat is pretty damn killer, great taste, i can tell a difference from other deli meats



    other than that - since i'm looking gluten-free lifestyle, and i had crazy things to take care of today (day started off badly when i left my ignition in ACC mode, awoke with dead battery, had to charge and was already late for shyt) - was on the go, mauled some Subway chipotle chicken footlong on flatbread (golly those are swell)..wth better enjoy it while i can before i toss gluten..croutons gotta go too..

    been hungry all day..cals will approach 4k by time this day is over, on an off-day

    should make for a great training session in the morn


  2. Similar day my friend. Just hit 3200 30 minutes ago and will be nearing 4000 by bedtime. I too have been crazy hungry all day. Ridiculously hungry! So I'm packing in what I can before bed so I can have an early fasted workout before I drive four hours to Texas in the morning. Love my food but can't wait to cut in about 6-8 weeks.

    Stay warm buddy
    Independent Review
    •   
       


  3. ^^ fasted workout, ftw
    drive safe my man


    i come to the forums this morning with a heavy heart
    Federer has lost to Murray at the Australian
    sad times

    wow what a great match tho, so much back & forth

    now - to take my angst to the weightroom with me and burn it off

  4. lil different protocol today..nothing drastic, just larger #'s

    so, the preWO shake was 315cals w/ carbs
    intraWO was 180cals w/ carbs
    immediate postWO shake was 530cal w/ carbs

    and thus, ~35min later, my postWO meal was..



    1 packet Tuna Creations (herb & garlic)
    6 slices Hormel natty deli turkey breast
    broccoli
    2 TBS natty PB
    ~430cals, trace carbs only

    (btw - i never count veggie carbs in my cal totals, ever..bcaa's neither)

    oh, and the workout itself: phantastik!
    chest was so swole, i could balance a plate off the top of my upper pecs -- in the standibng position!


  5. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    oh, and the workout itself: phantastik!
    chest was so swole, i could balance a plate off the top of my upper pecs -- in the standibng position!

    Nice. I'd eat off that plate!
    Independent Review
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Nice. I'd eat off that plate!
    while it's on my chest?
    3ft rule bro, give me my personal space


    well moving right along
    shaking up the order of training (again), getting a leg session in
    different format/structure than last which was quad-based, this one will have emphasis on hammies and calves will be worked heavier and slower
    and, i'm off......

    enjoy your sunday guys

  7. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    while it's on my chest?
    3ft rule bro, give me my personal space

    well moving right along
    shaking up the order of training (again), getting a leg session in
    different format/structure than last which was quad-based, this one will have emphasis on hammies and calves will be worked heavier and slower
    and, i'm off......

    enjoy your sunday guys
    Man rules. Happy Sunday
    Independent Review

  8. ha, dint i just see you somewhere PF?
    dude is everywhere
    (either that or i'm stalkin you)

    anyway, stayin with the food talk..
    (altho i'm already getting some DOMS in hammies from crazy heavy RDLs ss w/ standing leg curls this day..so does that make it NDOMS then? non-delayed-onset-muscle-soreness? enquiring minds want to know..)

    i'm thinking i'll take in ~500-600g carbs today, shake it up (a 'carb-up' if you will)
    couple potatoes (sweet & russet)..some jasmine rice..got some quinoa left over..grape nuts..of course Egg McSnag for breakfast w/ fruit
    works out well as i minimized my simple sugar intake (only postWO shake this day, nothing pre or intra)

    well under halfway point of my day, and sitting on 2050cals to this point
    kinda wanted to hit 5k anyway, so we appear to be perfectly on track

    it is quite fun, eating large amounts of clean foods..

  9. Nice, carb days are always fun.

    I was explaining to a buddy what I was emailing with my gluten free bagel & said "making an egg mcSnag" he looked at me like wtf!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  10. niice

    was time for an excess day..was not happy when i awoke recently and saw 199.9 on the scale
    not happy at all
    sometimes it's tuff to nail things in a lean bulk, staying very clean, but i'm not ready to drop backwards yet
    (even had some off-diet foods, ate out a few isolated times)

    damn - my Hoosiers are in a dogfight right now!
    are you are spartan or a wolverine, DW?

  11. Spartan!!! My dad is an alumni.


    That was a great game! I tip my cap, Hooiser's were the better team, day. BigTen has some awesome games this year. Excited for the tourney
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Spartan!!! My dad is an alumni.


    That was a great game! I tip my cap, Hooiser's were the better team, day. BigTen has some awesome games this year. Excited for the tourney
    ahh, i would have guessed wolverine (dunno why)
    yeah man, nail-biter indeed..second straight game cody zeller has diasappeared in (worrisome) - but he was huge in couple plays down the stretch and drawing that charge sewed things up pretty much

    good times in hoosierland today -
    state gets their chance at home next month, always tough to play there

  13. wth..lil pic of snags today
    was in hiding, no intention of being seen, but in case something happens to me..or i freeze to death inside my home one night..
    at least you'll know snags was feeling good and standing tall in pct with all this clean eating and crazy variances

    actually - i ended pct today anyway, off to the next portion of off-season



    and back into hiding


  14. and pic of meal #.. ? hell i don't remember, just know that this put me over 3k for the day (3200) with 3 or 4 meals left
    (depends on when i feel like going to bed)



    8oz chicken breast
    broccoli
    2 slices toasted 12-grain bread w/ 1/2 TBS butter
    (fats low this particular meal..and the bread alone was 260cals/50g carbs)
    1/2 cup pineapple in natty juice (no i dint eat that whole container! )
    ~600cal all told, shade under 70g carbs (not counting broccoli)

  15. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    wth..lil pic of snags today
    was in hiding, no intention of being seen, but in case something happens to me..or i freeze to death inside my home one night..
    at least you'll know snags was feeling good and standing tall in pct with all this clean eating and crazy variances

    actually - i ended pct today anyway, off to the next portion of off-season

    and back into hiding

    Looking beast bro. Good luck with your post-pct
    Independent Review

  16. Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Looking beast bro. Good luck with your post-pct
    thank you sir
    i'm feeling very solid right now, thought i'd look leaner (veins all over irl) but the composition is prolly the tightest i have been at this bw, prolly holding a bit of water from the carbs today - i don't think they've soaked in yet


    another meal down
    (sorry was eating it as i made it so looks a lil picked over, got phone call i had to take while cooking, hate those damn inopportune interruptions)



    5oz 90% sirloin
    8oz sweet potato
    salad w/ oil&vinegar (and croutons! yey)
    2 rice cakes for dessert (full-sized ones, white cheddar, a lil cleaner than the smaller tastier ones)
    ~600cals

    800cals to go to hit 5k, 2 meals left
    worked out swell

  17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    wth..lil pic of snags today
    was in hiding, no intention of being seen, but in case something happens to me..or i freeze to death inside my home one night..
    at least you'll know snags was feeling good and standing tall in pct with all this clean eating and crazy variances

    actually - i ended pct today anyway, off to the next portion of off-season

    and back into hiding

    Looking swole as hell bro damn!!!!!
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    [email protected]
    www.pni-online.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Looking swole as hell bro damn!!!!!
    thank you ricky!
    things are coming together well i feel



    i feel like a damn 5hr energy commercial today:
    had a great training session..went tanning..finished my tax preparation..read a book..watched IU win..did dishes and cleaned some..did laundry..ate a gazillion calories..took pictures of food, myself, and played with you guys all day
    (wait till you see what i do in the next 5 hours)
    LOL



    i'm spent on the pics today guys, hope ya'll enjoyed
    just finished with next-to-last meal a bit ago, nothing sexy
    (3/4 cup grape nuts + 8oz almond/coconut combo milk, can of tuna)
    last feeding will be simple protein shake + natty pb + some heavy whipping cream
    totals for day will be 315p/585c/155f

    tomorrow will still employ fairly hi carbs (not that high tho) before i switch to:
    reduction of carbs (still employing some rotation), going hi-fat and hi-protein all the time in general, shooting for 4k daily
    gotta streamline & simplify for awhile
    end goal to be ridiculously shredded and still full-looking come spring

    we move along.

  19. Seriously Snags looking huuuugge buddy. I wiuld love to eat all that food lol. You've inspired me to have a clean but big off season. I'm gonna binge for a few days after my comp but after that I'm gonna try and be like snags haha. Keep inspiring bud

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent

  20. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Seriously Snags looking huuuugge buddy. I wiuld love to eat all that food lol. You've inspired me to have a clean but big off season. I'm gonna binge for a few days after my comp but after that I'm gonna try and be like snags haha. Keep inspiring bud
    thanks buddy
    have your binge man - that's half the fun of being strict for all that time..and the body is primed for crappage for few days following that, you'll soak it up well
    keeping an eye on your progress, all is looking well your way! keep driving forward


    egg mcsnag got a bit of a facelift today..
    5oz sirloin
    3 whole eggs
    2 slices toasted 12-grain bread
    medium grapefruit
    ~750cals

  21. just got back from grocery, stocked up on few things i been ignoring, for next dietary 'shift'..
    salmon and black beans head the list..should be fun times

    update: shoulders this day - training was..was..just....unfreakinbel ievable

    forgot to touch earlier on aspect of shift in weights, as i am out of pct and can now get back to day-in/day-out mauling
    intensity back up, rest periods lowered, more tricks to throw into the fray..

    pct was nice don't get me wrong (as far as pct's go), but i use that time for recovery mainly and not 'growth' per se
    everything is reduced, for the most part
    no more..

    my shoulders - they looked twice as big as pic from yesterday when i was done
    of course lots of good foods (and carbs), and comparing the "cold" pic from yesterday to '"pump after-training" shape from today is a lil bit illusory, but man -- WOW

    james brown said it, i concur:

    i feel good!


  22. here's that pic from earlier today after training..kinda shaky (was pumped & dripping sweat what can i say)



    weight stabilized back in the 200s again, happy about that
    this is where i wanna stay, just keep getting harder & harder


    oh - and someone running around here likes to think they are gunna out-pic me on food


    nothing fancy, but you ain't gonna beat this one for a quick lil tasty snack



    4oz chicken breast chunks
    1 serving rice cakes (ranch yum)
    1 TBS almond butter
    ~355cals

    boom

    meal earlier consisted of beef & black beans w/ veggies..damn forgot how good a combo that was
    totals for day 4kcals, 360p/300c/150f
    big protein load tomorrow, carbs take a dive (~150)

  23. Lookin hella thick brother!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net

  24. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    here's that pic from earlier today after training..kinda shaky (was pumped & dripping sweat what can i say)

    weight stabilized back in the 200s again, happy about that
    this is where i wanna stay, just keep getting harder & harder

    oh - and someone running around here likes to think they are gunna out-pic me on food


    nothing fancy, but you ain't gonna beat this one for a quick lil tasty snack

    4oz chicken breast chunks
    1 serving rice cakes (ranch yum)
    1 TBS almond butter
    ~355cals

    boom

    meal earlier consisted of beef & black beans w/ veggies..damn forgot how good a combo that was
    totals for day 4kcals, 360p/300c/150f
    big protein load tomorrow, carbs take a dive (~150)
    holy shyt.....that's a pump....you monster

    thanks for making me feel small the rest of the day....lol
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  25. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post

    holy shyt.....that's a pump....you monster

    thanks for making me feel small the rest of the day....lol
    ^^^^^this

    Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent

  26. Holy fug! Huge and pumped! Why didn't my pictures turn out like yours! Lol

    Definitely gives me something to work toward. Between you and DW I'm fired up to keep my lifting journey energized!!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Lookin hella thick brother!
    thank you, AirBeast sir

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    holy shyt.....that's a pump....you monster

    thanks for making me feel small the rest of the day....lol
    pffft dude you have the width of an airplane hanger
    but thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    ^^^^^this
    ha thx man - you're in contest prep tho - no matter how big one is, you'll always have days where you feel small, just goes with the territory
    keep killin it!

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Holy fug!!!
    DWs influence on you is obvious, kenpo


    thanks again guys - never ceases to amaze me what lil tweaks in diet can produce
    body is an amazing machine

  28. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Holy fug! Huge and pumped! Why didn't my pictures turn out like yours! Lol

    Definitely gives me something to work toward. Between you and DW I'm fired up to keep my lifting journey energized!!
    Keep at it kenpo, ain't no rest for the wicked !
    Independent Review

  29. cals ~3675 yesterday (off day), macros 375p/150c/175f
    did get some calves/abs in yesterday..felt kinda sally, that's all i did (was a motive to my sallyness tho)

    random: i am so sick of hearing the word PEDs
    now ray lewis?
    and a-rod? (again??)
    denials, more denials.. and deer velvet spray??????

    really?

    gawdd almighty, just...stop


    back to your regularly scheduled programming

  30. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    gawdd almighty, just...stop
    No...
    Independent Review
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Everyone's Off Season Arsenal?
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 10:23 PM
  2. Off-Season Pic 195 lbs.
    By frankpt in forum Pics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 06:37 AM
  3. Anybody have Off Season pics of Lee Priest?
    By phasar in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 05:16 PM
  4. on and off season pics
    By ironguru in forum Pics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 01:55 AM
Log in
Log in