My first log & stack - hgh up & free test

hoot72

Awards
This is my first time starting a log so you all may have to overlook my rambling or stupid post. I am starting my first stack tomorrow morning. I used to workout in high school and a year or two after. Then got busy chasing women, working and the usual stuff. A little over a year ago, I realized that I needed to do something. I was up to 243 and my health was not so great. I had no energy and no get up and go. So I starting exercising and buying equipment. I found out through trial and error that it was easier for me to get up earlier in mornings and workout before work. I work as a heating and air service manager. I use to work in the field but for past 8 yrs, I've had a desk job so I guess that has contributed too! Anyways, back to workout, I also found it easier and quicker to workout at home instead of trying to get to gym as I live in a small town which has two small gyms. So I have made my own gym in my shop/garage. Now it has turned into garage/gym. I have a treadmill, recumbent bike, olympic bench, bowflex extreme, marcy multi gym, power tower, 3 - 50lb dumbbell set, free weights and the list goes on from there. So after working out everyday for almost a year I have lost 36 lbs but I wasnt getting the muscle gains that I was looking for. So I went to the doc and had the normal tests and some blood test done. After getting the results, I found out that my test is on the lower side of the scale. I am 40 yrs old now and my test was at 230. So I started doing some research. Been on tribulus for about a month. I see a little change but still not what I am looking for.

So thanks to David at APPNUT! He has suggested trying free test and hgh up and helped me out on getting this stack together. I will be taking 4 free test first thing in the morning and 5 hgh up before bed. I like the products that appnut has out. This is the first time for me trying this though. I have been on alot of other supplements off and on. I have stayed with a good whey protein isolate, multi-vitamin, fish oil, and maca. And getting up at 5:15 am, I have always had to have a pre-workout to get me going. I have tried many.

My workout now consists of a 12 week program which consists of 4 days of lifting and 2 days of cardio.

I am just a normal guy with a normal 40+ hr a week job. My eating habits are not the best but I do try and eat 5 times a day, I stay away from sweets, fried foods, soft drinks, and breads. I am 6'2" and 207 lbs now. So lets see what happens! Tomorrow is chest & tris day. I am looking forward to the changes! I will try to post some pics.

If you have any suggestions, I am listening! I am looking to (of course) increase my test, loose some belly fat and gain some lean muscle.

Thanks again to David at Appnut!

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
So in for this! Good luck, man!

AppJeff

AppJeff

Awards
This is an awesome double stack, Subbed.

That David is a nice guy.

hoot72

Awards
Well yesterday was not a good day to start this stack. I should have known better than start on a Monday. Anyways, I had alot of stress going on yesterday with my ex and my son. I started out the morning with 4 free test and a pre-workout (mistake #1). I had a great workout and blasted through my exercises with great focus. It went downhill from there. I felt weird all day and my head was like dizzy kinda, if that makes any sense. I could not stay on track at work and ended up with bad headache at the end of the day which I contribute to the pre-workout drink which I have taken before with no problems. Just dont think it was a good mix yesterday. Last nite I took 5 HGH Up and didnt really sleep that well because I had alot on my mind (personal). This morning, I just took the free test and had another great workout. Back, bis, and abs this morning. And so far, the day has been ok at work. I am still anxious to see what king of change in my body and lifts. I did increase weights this morning and lower reps. Hope everyone has a great day and thanks for all the support David, Dewey and Jeff!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how long are you taking the stack for? I would go for 8 weeks. GH boosters work better then longer you take them and for free test, you will start to see the benefits around week 3 and you wont want to stop.

hoot72

Awards
Yea... I was thinking about 8 - 10 weeks. I am ready for the benefits! Thanks Man!!

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Yea... I was thinking about 8 - 10 weeks. I am ready for the benefits! Thanks Man!!
R1balla is exactly right about these products being much more effective when used for longer runs. I know these products are not cheap, but it is disheartening to see people stop taking them just when they are starting to kick in. It's like using Cissus for a month. You would just start to feel relief and then quit taking it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
R1balla is exactly right about these products being much more effective when used for longer runs. I know these products are not cheap, but it is disheartening to see people stop taking them just when they are starting to kick in. It's like using Cissus for a month. You would just start to feel relief and then quit taking it.
i remember when i repped for AppNut i loved taking Lit Up + Free Test + IGF 2 for 8 weeks. killer stack

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
i remember when i repped for AppNut i loved taking Lit Up + Free Test + IGF 2 for 8 weeks. killer stack
Yeah, that is a fantastic stack. Now you can throw in NO Uptake in Lit Up's place and it is even better.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lit Up was my favorite pre workout. hate that it was DC because new ownership

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Lit Up was my favorite pre workout. hate that it was DC because new ownership
Yeah, but there have been some killer deals on it lately. I kept hearing that someone else was going to take over production but nothing has materialized.

hoot72

Awards
Well, today was an off day. Yesterday was shoulders, traps & calves. Great workout! I've had some really great deep sleep every nite since Monday nite. Really enjoying that. Feel rested when I wake @ 5:15 am. Looking forward to pumping some iron in the morning!

hoot72

Awards
Today & tomorrow is another off day. Gonna get some cardio in today though. Still sleeping real good at nite. Monday is weigh in day. Gonna see what's happened. Yesterday was legs & abs. Was a real good workout. Great focus! Everyone have a great weekend & get out to enjoy this fall weather!

hoot72

Awards
This morning was weigh in and I was disappointed. I gained 3 lbs. Hopefully that's muscle! Anyways, I had a real good workout again this morning. Chest, tris and calves. Still sleeping real good at nites also. I am staying hungry all the time. Maybe that's the reason for weight gain. Gotta control my eating! Have a good day!

hoot72

Awards
Well, its middle of the week and things are still goin good. Workouts are still great and sleeping at nite has been even better! Still not seeing a change yet in my body or my lifts. I am trying to be patient but just sooo ready for a change.
I am looking to try another protein. Any suggestions on a real good quality protein?

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Well, its middle of the week and things are still goin good. Workouts are still great and sleeping at nite has been even better! Still not seeing a change yet in my body or my lifts. I am trying to be patient but just sooo ready for a change.
I am looking to try another protein. Any suggestions on a real good quality protein?
Free Test takes a little time to build up in your system and start to produce noticeable changes. I would say that you should start seeing results between weeks 2-3, so you are getting close. I'm glad to hear that HGH-Up is helping with the sleep. I love that aspect of it. I always feel like it help with recovery since I get good sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.

As far as good proteins go, am have recently discovered Giants Sports proteins and they are amazing. If you are looking for a screaming deal, I just saw an email from NP offering two 5 lb. tubs of Ultimate Flurry protein for $60! That's a sweet deal. The macros look good and I hear the taste is great. A couple flavors have actual pieces of candy in them. If you are interested in that deal, the coupon code is Flurry40.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I've been MIA, man. Busy as all get-out at work and stressed out!

I think you will start seeing some solid strength gains in the next week or so. If you have any questions, my body, I mean my inbox, is ready. Lol

David
Team APPNUT

hoot72

Awards
The weekend is here! I had a great 5 day workout again! This is now the end of my second week of being on this stack. The sleep is still great and feel so rested when I wake in the mornings. I have noticed that I am staying hungry a lot but trying to eat right. Still waiting for the change. Got a great deal on some ultimate flurry from nutraplanet. Looking forward to trying it. Everyone have a great weekend!

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Hoot,

Do you think we could get a little more detail as far as what your workouts consist of during the week and maybe an idea of how many calories your are consuming per day? That information might allow us to give you some good feedback and allow you to get more out of this stack.

As far as noticing anything from the supplements, I do see that you are noticing improved sleep from the HGH-Up for the most part. As R1balla and I said, these supps should really start to kick in by week 3. Are you noticing any small changes though? Any differences in libido or recovery?

hoot72

Awards
Well, its Monday and the start to my 3rd week of being on this stack and weigh in day. This morning I have gained another lb in a week. Now I am up to 211 lbs.
In response to Dewey, I am trying to stay in 2000 calories a day which lately has been hard since I stay hungry alot.
As for as libido, it has seem to increase some but lately the wife and I havent been on great terms so I can't tell you if there is any difference in that area. Things are getting better so maybe this week I will be able to let you know about that situation. You know how us old married couples are!
Now that you mention it, I do see a difference in recovery. My recovery time seems to be shorter and my muscles dont ache like they use to.
Today was chest, triceps and calves. I am on a 12 week program from Jim Stoppani. I really like his workouts. I have a gym that I have built up at home in my shop area of the garage in my back yard. I will try to attach a picture of it.
This was my workout for today:
Exercise Sets X Reps
Bench Press 4 X 12-15
Incline Dumbbell Press 3 X 12-15
Dumbbell Flye 3 X 12-15
Incline Cable Flye 3 X 12-15
Triceps Pressdown 3 X 12-15
Dumbbell Overhead triceps Extension 3 X 12-15
Cable lying triceps extension 3 X 12-15
Standing calf raise 4 X 25-30
Seated Calf raise 4 X 25-30

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was my home gym was that clean and organized :(

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Good update there, homie! Keep updating like that and this log will be rocking. 2000 calories is pretty low for someone 211 lbs. How are you gaining weight? That doesn't seem possible with such low cal-intake.

Nice gym, too!

hoot72

Awards
Thanks Dewey and drooks! I enjoy my gym & its a lot easier to just walk out my backdoor & into the garage to workout. My wife says that's all I do besides work, eat & sleep. What else is there to do? Lol
Where should my calorie intake be? I would love to loose some more weight especially in mid-section but I want to gain some lean muscle other areas.

hoot72

Awards
This morning was back, biceps and abs. I didnt get finished with all of this workout this morning. It was kinda cold in the gym. Looks like since I am in heating and air, I would have installed some heat in there by now. Anyways, this is my workout for today:
Dumbbell bent-over row 4 X 12-15
Behind-neck pulldown 3 X 12-15
Seated cable row 3 X 12-15
Reverse-grip pulldown 3 X 12-15
Barbell curl 4 X 12-15
Preacher curl 3 X 12-15
Behind-back cable curl 3 X 12-15
Hip thrust 3 X 20-30
Crunch 3 X 20-30
Oblique Crunch 3 X 20-30

I will have to go back out there this afternoon after work to do the last 3 exercises. It was alot to do this morning in 1hr 15mins.
I felt really pumped up this morning for some reason though. Still not doing a pre-workout, just water and 4 free test as soon as I get up. I will have to post my daily routine after I get some work done. Also got some pics to post this morning. I hope I dont gross yall out but you will be able to put a face with the name. Stay tuned!

hoot72

Awards
This pic was taken July of 2011. This is when I decided that I needed to do something. I weighed 240 lbs. I started working out 3 weeks after this pic!

ME2011resize.jpg

hoot72

Awards
This is me this morning after my workout at 211 lbs. Not much progress in 1yr 3months! huh? I thought that I had been working pretty hard at it but hoping for some help with this stack! What do yall think? Bad? I can take it! Give me your opinion... good or bad

View attachment 69195View attachment 69196

That dang mid-section sticks like freaking gorilla glue!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I'm running this stack in competition prep. I actually have a libido 2 weeks out. Everyone has tough spots man, lower ab flab sticks to me, too. Can't wait for the transformation! You're gonna love it. What's your diet like?

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
In for this.

hoot72

Awards
Organicshadow - thanks man! My diet does need a little work but it is hard to do with everyday life and kids. I am trying to get my protein up which is hard to do without taking in alot of calories. I am trying to stay under 2000 calories.
This is my routine for day. Let me know if I am doing things wrong!
Monday - Friday, off on Saturday & Sunday
5:15am get up, get dressed, take 4 free test with 2 glasses of water
5:30am begin warming up and do workout for the day
6:45am finished with workout and take multi-vitamin, fish oil & maca
7:30am drink protein shake and eat quick breakfast - eggs or oatmeal
9:30 - 10:00am eat snack - apple, grapes, protein bar, or peanut butter on wheat bread
12:00pm eat sensible lunch - tuna, salad, grilled chicken breast, wrap, hamburger patties, green beans, or chicken salad
3:00 - 3:30pm another snack - protein shake or something from morning snack
6:30 - 7:30pm supper - which usually is not sensible, I usually eat whatever everyone else is eating at home, I know... this is my weakness
9:30pm take 5 HGH Up
10:00pm Go to bed
Start all over

So what should I do. Is this all wrong?
Thanks for everyone's help! I am new to all of this. I know I feel tons better and have plenty of energy. I also know I will never go back to my old lifestyle of eating junkfood and not exercising. I just heard of a guy down the road from me that they found dead on his bathroom floor Monday morning that was 46 yrs old, high blood pressure, big time overweight and didnt take care of himself. He lived by himself and was found by his dad after not showing up for work. He had died before he went to bed the night before. SAD!
It makes you think about what are we doing to our bodies!
Everyone have a great afternoon!

hoot72

Awards
What happened? No comments? Did I scare everyone away? I know it is Halloween and all but I swear thats not my costume! lol
Anyways, today was shoulders,traps & calves. Not so bad this morning. was able to finish with time to spare so I am starting to see a difference there. Here is workout for today:
Dumbbell shoulder press 4 X 12-15
Upright row 3 X 12-15
One-arm cable lateral raise 3 X 12-15
Bent-over lateral raise 3 X 12-15
Barbell shrug 4 X 12-15
Seated calf raise 4 X 25-30
Leg press calf raise 4 X 25-30

Today I am starting to double my protein shakes to increase my protein

hoot72

Awards
Another morning workout. No responses but I am going to keep pushing on.
Was tough this morning. I always have a problem with squats. My legs will be tore up through the weekend now.
This is what this morning was about:
Squat 4 X 12-15
Front squat 3 X 12-15
Leg extension 3 X 12-15
Romanian deadlift 4 X 12-15
Seated leg curl 3 X 12-15
Hip thrust 3 X 20-30
Crunch 3 X 20-30
Plank 3 X 75 sec

Also did I mention that I hate these high reps week. Next week, the reps will drop to 9-11 and then the following week they will drop to 6-8. Some of the exercises will change too and the weight will go up. Tomorrow is cardio day and what I call a free style day. I will just do some other exercises that I didnt do this week like kettle bell swings and few others. Will post the list tomorrow. Peace!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Yikes, what a story. Sorry I meant to get back to you on your question. If you can, try to figure out your macros and see if you're getting enough of everything. I would try to double up on whole foods rather than shakes for protein.

HGHUp will show it's best qualities later on in cutting down but the sleep benefits are immediate. I dose it all at night as well, just seems to make sense. Free Test will pop up within a week: looking a little more vascular, increased libido, a little dryer, and overall mood enhancement for that fasted workout (that's far too early for me lol)

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
What happened? No comments? Did I scare everyone away? I know it is Halloween and all but I swear thats not my costume! lol
Anyways, today was shoulders,traps & calves. Not so bad this morning. was able to finish with time to spare so I am starting to see a difference there. Here is workout for today:
Dumbbell shoulder press 4 X 12-15
Upright row 3 X 12-15
One-arm cable lateral raise 3 X 12-15
Bent-over lateral raise 3 X 12-15
Barbell shrug 4 X 12-15
Seated calf raise 4 X 25-30
Leg press calf raise 4 X 25-30

Today I am starting to double my protein shakes to increase my protein
Sorry Hoot, I somehow got unsubscribed from your log. I thought you hadn't posted in a while so I searched and here you are all by yourself until OrganicShadow stepped in. He really knows his stuff and when he asks about your diet he's doing it because as time goes on you will realize that your diet is what really makes or breaks you. Tracking what you are putting into your body is key to ensuring the best results. You should look into and app like Myfitnesspal which makes tracking your food intake a breeze.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Nice work man!

hoot72

Awards
Thanks Organicshadow, Dewey, & Mack! I thought there for awhile that I was all alone! Organicshadow, how do I figure out my macros? I hope I dont sound stupid but I am new to all of this! Just trying to do my best and learn.
Dewey, yea I know I need to get my diet right and I am working on that. I do have myfinesspal on my droid and have been checking out what I have been eating. Thanks again for your support!!
Well this morning went really good! I enjoy Fridays at Big Perm's gym. I found that my max on benchpress has gone up 10lbs. I was messing around this morning but this is what I got done:
Benchpress 4 X 6
Kettlebell swings 3 X 15
hanging leg raises 3 X 15
Sit ups 3 X 25
Planks and side planks 3 X 75sec
30 mins jogging on the treadmill

Well, that's it for this week. I may go out and lift some Saturday afternoon but it will be whatever comes to mind that I feel like doing.
I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am really loving this stack and ready for my transformation!!
Peace

hoot72

Awards
Oh yea! Note to self, never do a double scoop of the Ultimate flurry protein shake!! Holy crap! I thought I was gonna explode! My stomach was so bloated that I couldnt hardly bend over. It was crazy! Learned my leasson on that one! And was very gassy

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the heads yo I bought Flurry for after my show. Haha. I use an app called MyFitnessPal but there's others out there.

Macros=macronutrients. Protein, carbs, fats. Roughly 1oz chicken is 7g protein for example. A can of tuna is 26g. 1tbsp olive oil is 14g fats... That sort of stuff.

hoot72

Awards
OrganicShadow - I gotcha now. I knew that but just didnt know that was what it was called. Yea I use that app as well.

Well today was weigh-in day again and I was disappointed again! I gained another 2 lbs. What am I doing wrong? I am trying to keep my calories around 2000 but a couple days I was around 2500. Maybe since all that Halloween candy is gone I will start to drop some pounds! Sweets are my weakness. If I dont see them, I am good.
Anyways, my workout was good this morning. It was same as last monday except I went up on weights and down to 10 on reps. I didnt sleep as good the past 2 nites. Can someone look at my routine and see if I am doing anything wrong there? It was a couple of posts back.
I do feel different, my recovery is still better and I am able to get through with my workout quicker. Is that bad?
Well, thanks for all the help!
Everyone have a good day and lift hard!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
That candy will kill progress no doubt.

Hey if you can bang out a workout in less time I'm all about that. I'd rather keep intensity high and time duration low. I'm a busy man, can;t be hangin around a gym for hours unless I'm getting paid to do so.

When's your last meal before bed?

hoot72

Awards
OrganicShadow - I appreciate your input! Yea, I was joking bout the candy. I did have a small piece here and there but not much. It was hard to resist. My last meal of the day is usually no later than 7:30. I usually would have a casein shake before bed but this hgh up said on bottle to take on an empty stomach so I stopped the casein shake. What do you think I am doing wrong?

Yesterday, I had a good workout. It changed some but it was basically like last week just still lower reps and more weight. This morning I had to take a day off due to technical difficulties and being upset about where our country is headed to now. I will be back at it tomorrow morning or may get an evening workout in.

I have seen a difference now in other areas. I am getting more zits on my body and I am getting more excited, if you know what I mean. The wife is liking that side!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
No shakes pre-bed. The protein could be ruining your sleep. GH and IGF release during sleep is blunted when insulin is present in the bloodstream so you're effectively negating benefits of HGHUp and your own natural GH release. I would try to not have anything 1-2hrs prior to sleep depending on how big your last meal was.

Acne breakouts from Free Test are common 5-7 days in but subside rather quickly. It's not sever at all just a couple spots and it goes away. That libido boost is always a plus:thumbsup:.

hoot72

Awards
Yea, I had stopped the casein shakes about 5 weeks ago. And YES the extra libido is nice especially when you are 40.

The workout at Big Perm's Gym was great this morning except I have some left elbow pain coming back slowly. I have been battling tennis elbow for a while now. Calories yesterday was at 2345. Still feeling alot of energy and sleeping very well at nite.
This was this mornings workout:
15 mins on treadmill
Dumbbell shoulder press 4 X 9-11
Upright row 3 X 9-11
One-arm cable lateral raise 3 X 9-11
Bent-over lateral raise 3 X 9-11
Barbell shrug 4 X 9-11
Seated calf raise 4 X 15-20
Leg press calf raise 4 X 15-20

I still stay hungry all the time. I feel as if I am bulking up though.
I've got a new saying now that I read in my muscle n fitness magazine: Doesnt matter what kind of car you drive, what matters the most is the size of the arms hanging out of the window!
Do you have any other sayings or quotes that I can post in my gym? Please share!!
I hope everyone has a great workout today!

hoot72

Awards
OrganicShadow - that is some good ones posted there. I like the one you posted as well!

Well to day was leg day. Friends dont let friends skip leg day! Lol
I always have problems with leg day and today it seemed worse. Recovery time was longer. Now my legs will be sore for 3 days. It will be hard for me to step up in the truck. Squats always kill my thighs for some reason!
Anyways, everything else is still on track.
workout for today:
15 mins on treadmill
squat 4 X 10
front squat 3 X 10
leg extension 3 X 10
romanian deadlift 4 X 10
leg curl 3 X 10
hanging leg raise 3 X 15
weighted crunch 3 X 15
side plank 3 X 75 sec

Well Monday starts my 5th week. so I am halfway there. I will probably get a workout in over the weekend but it will prob be something out of the blue. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Love, peace, and chicken grease

hoot72

Awards
Good morning AM! Today was weigh in day. I did good... didnt gain nor did I loose though so I guess that's good? I changed my routine this morning after reading an article here on AM. I usually just drink 2 glasses of water with my 4 pills of free test right before my workout. This morning I drank a protein shake with my 4 pills and then a glass of water. It seemed to help. I did notice one difference this morning. About half way through my workout I felt more pumped up or a boost of energy and when I was through with my workout routine, I still wanted to lift or do some other exercises. Wonder what was up with that? Nobody commented or gave me any suggestions on my routine so I dont know if that is good or bad? Am I an outcast now?
Anyways, I had a great workout this morning. Once again dropped reps and raised weight. I like low reps better! This was workout this morning:
10 mins on treadmill
bench press 4 X 7
incline dumbbell press 3 X 7
dumbbell flye 3 X 7
incline cable flye 3 X 7
triceps pressdown 3 X 7
dumbbell overhead triceps extension 3 X 7
lying triceps extension 3 X 7
standing calf raise 4 X 15
seated calf raise 4 X 15

I hope everyone has a great monday!