Purus gettin me shredded by smacking my fatt

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
First and foremost, Id like to thank Aaron and Purus for giving me this opportunity for my first sponsored product log!! anyways here is a write up of fat smack, and what it is supposed to do!!

Nutritional Facts-
90 Capsules
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 45
Amount Per Serving Amt %DV
Vitamin A (as Retinyl Acetate) 5000IU 100%
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 60mg 100%
Controlled Sympathomimetic Psychoactive Adrenal Stimulant Complex 410mg †
1,3,7-teimethylxanthine (as caffeine anhydrous and controlled release enteric coated caffeine pellets); 2-amino-4-methylhexane
Green Tea extract (std. min. 60% EGCG)(leaf) 500mg †
Cissus quadrangularis extract (20:1)(std. min. 5% Ketosteroids)(root) 300mg †
Black Pepper extract (std. min. 98% Piperine)(fruit) 5mg †
Chili Pepper extract (std. min. 90% capsaicinoids and 55% capsaicin)(fruit) 2mg †
* % Daily Value is based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value (DV) not established.
Ingredients
Other ingredients: Gelatin, magnesium stearate, silica, FD&C Red #3, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Yellow #6, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Blue #1

Fat Smack™ is yet another novel product designed by Purus Labs® adhering to our established guidelines of including only research-validated ingredients with oral efficacy shown in human subjects AND including them at the exact dosages proven efficacious in the research. Fat Smack™ contains a unique blend of ingredients, each carefully selected for their potential impact on weight/fat loss related variables, as opposed to a wash-list proprietary blend of unsubstantiated materials like so many others. With the new Fat Smack XR, you get a powerful thermolipolytic with an extended release that won't quit out on you. Brevity, transparency, and precision, the exact principle logic fueling Purus Labs®.*

Incite Thermogenesis*
Elevate Energy Levels*
Amplify Fatty Acid Mobilization*
Blunt Appetite*
Extended Release*

(all of this is taken off of another site, I would quote the site but I dont want to get banned.) Anyways, now too my diet and goals

My goal is too drop at least 8-10 pounds for this cycle, and hopefully be able to see my abs.

Carb cycling 2400 on light workout days, 2700 on heavy days, and 2200 on "rest" days. (will delve into macros in the next few days as log progresses, and will post foods eaten if needed)
If I need too, I will adjust the calories according to fat loss.

Will be running My own version of West side barbell. Will be pretty simple. Just want to maintain strength, or even increase it.
Cardio on all off days, and maybe a little on workout days

I think that is about all for now, will update here in a min after I gather my notes.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
first post reserved for final review

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
1st.
Rock it out!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Just a few before pics

ForumRunner_20120910_114447.png

ForumRunner_20120910_114458.png

ForumRunner_20120910_114458.png

ForumRunner_20120910_114531.png

ForumRunner_20120910_114552.png

ForumRunner_20120910_114620.png

Attachments

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Off to the gym, will post more later. Today is dynamic bp day

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
In this bizznatch!!!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In with ya brother.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the support guys, will post workout during break and will post my thoughts after work

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
sub'd.. even though I know you'll reach your goal with FatSmack ;]

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Todays workout- dyno chest

Bench press 135x3x10 - explosive but as fast as possible

Close grip - 185x5x4 the last set was a tough one as I started losing power and strength in my lockout on the last two reps

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Todays workout- dyno chest

Bench press 135x3x10 - explosive but as fast as possible

Close grip - 185x5x4 the last set was a tough one as I started losing power and strength in my lockout on the last two reps
Sheiiittt... Continuing

Shoulder press unsupported supersetted with a set of 10 pushups

30x12x3

Barbell rows

135x12x3

I killed it today!!! More to come later.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hit back, chest, & shoulders?
What's ya routine look like? Just curious not trying to tweak just wanna see how u got things in motion. :D

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
What's ya routine look like? Just curious not trying to tweak just wanna see how u got things in motion. :D
west side barbell

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Dynamic Bench Press
Triceps
Shoulders
Lats/Upper Back

tues – Max Effort Squat/DL

Max Effort Exercise
Hamstrings
Low Back
Abs

thurs – Max Effort Bench Press

Max Effort Exercise
Triceps
Shoulders
Lats/Upper Back

Friday – Dynamic Squat/DL

Dynamic Squat
Hamstrings
Low Back
Abs

Review of the Standard Template

2 days devoted to the bench press
2 days devoted to the squat/deadlift
2 days devoted to dynamic training
2 days devoted to max effort training
4 days devoted to repetition training
Now let's review some of the training parameters within this template. For the sake of simplicity, I'm going to leave out chains and bands. Everything is going to be done with straight weight so there will be no confusion about percentages. Plus, I am going to leave out stance, grip changes, rest periods, etc. In reality, most of this stuff is inconsequential once you grasp the big picture.

Bench Press Parameters for the Standard Template (dynamic, max effort and repetition)

Dynamic bench press – 8 sets of 3 repetitions; all sets done are done with 55% of raw 1RM. Rest periods are approximately 60 seconds, but have never really seen the purpose of this, personally. The whole goal of speed day is to move the bar quickly on the concentric. If you need to take an extra minute to accomplish the goal of the day, then by all means, do so. Also, don't get too hung up on changing your grips. The only reason why I changed my grip on this day was to keep track of the number of sets I was doing. Again, remember why you are doing what you are doing.

Max effort bench press – this includes a variety of exercises, but the most common are the floor press, 2 board press, 3 board press, incline press and close grip bench press. On max effort bench press day, you pick one of these exercises and work to a 1RM. Most will switch to a different exercise every 1-2 weeks and simply try to break their record. On this day, based on your 1RM for THAT day, you will try to do 3 lifts at or above 90%. You can take as much rest as you want, but I would probably say around 3-5 minutes between your heaviest sets.

Triceps – one day is devoted to high intensity/low volume triceps work, the other is devoted to low intensity/high volume triceps. For example, high intensity triceps training would consist of 4 or 5 board presses or rack lockouts. The low intensity training will be geared to triceps extensions and pushdowns. On what day to put each of these is entirely up to you. In my experience, I've always had good results putting the high intensity day on dynamic bench day.

Shoulders – this is similar to the triceps in that there is a high intensity and low intensity day. The high intensity day is technically not high intensity, but high stress. In this category, I would put dumbbell bench press, dumbbell incline presses, military presses (with dumbbells or a straight bar) and dumbbell floor presses. In the low stress category, front raises, side raises and rear raises are good choices. Again, you can choose which day to put them on, but I liked putting the high stress shoulder training on dynamic bench day.

Lats/Upper back – Both days are devoted to lats and upper back and both are done with low intensity, high volume. The way that I worked this is that on Sunday, I would do lat work (usually a row or a pull-up) and no upper back work. On Wednesday, I would do another lat workout (but with a different exercise) and my low stress shoulder work would consist of a rear raise, face pull or a seated dumbbell power clean. So essentially, on the low stress shoulder day, I would kill two birds with one stone: an upper back exercise with a low stress shoulder movement. I did this because I never did front raises or side raises and felt that I got enough stimulation from my other work. It's not gospel, but it's something to think about.

Squat and Deadlift Parameters for the Standard Template

Dynamic Squat – All sets done on a parallel box. A three week wave is used using the following sets and reps.

Week 1 – 10x2 @ 50%
Week 2 – 10x2 @ 55%
Week 3 – 10x2 @ 60%
Upon completion of the 3rd week, you simply start the wave over again. All %'s are based on your best squat. Let's disregard equipment at this point and say it's based on your best 1RM of your box squat wearing whatever you usually wear on this day. Again, refer to my commentary on dynamic bench training regarding rest periods. This is not conditioning, this is speed work. Save your conditioning for another time.

Max Effort Squat and Deadlift – Similar to the max effort bench press, one exercise is used per week and worked up to a 1RM. Because most people have eliminated good mornings as a max effort exercise, I will choose the following for your exercises. I understand that many do not have these bars that I list, but this is the list, nonetheless:

Safety squat bar squat
Cambered bar squat
Manta Ray squat
(All squats are done on a low (1-2" below parallel), parallel or high (1-2" above parallel) box. As you can tell, there is a great many variations with these three exercises.
Rack deadlifts (or pin pulls)
Deadlifts while standing on elevated platform
Reverse band deadlifts
Again, you want to hit around 3 lifts at or above 90% of your 1RM for that day. Most people switch exercises every week or every 2 weeks. Try to break your PR from your previous effort. To make things easier, simply switch between a squat movement and a deadlift movement. Rest 3-5 minutes between your heaviest sets.

Hamstrings – now here is where things get tricky. Unlike the shoulders/triceps routine of high intensity/low intensity, many people are weak at such exercises as the glute ham raise that they simply need to do the exercise and not worry so much about sets/reps. If you don't fall into this category, you can do bodyweight glute ham raises on one day, and on the other day, you can add a band or a plate for resistance.

Low Back – Again, we cannot really isolate the lower back without hitting the glutes and hamstrings. But you can pick from exercises such as back raises, 45 degree back raises, Reverse Hyperextensions, pull-throughs and good mornings. Depending on how you do some of these exercises (i.e. with a great amount of intensity) you can use ONE of these for your hamstring and low back exercise. For example, good mornings can be done for both. If you were to pick reverse hyperextensions or pull-throughs, then you can get away with doing an extra hamstring exercise. Some people can train their lower back twice a week, others cannot. A good way to do this is to pick one "easy" exercise (R.H., pull-throughs, un-weighted back raises or band good mornings) on one day and pick a heavier exercise on the second lower body training day.

Abdominals – These are usually trained heavy twice a week in the standard template. Some good exercises to choose from weighted sit ups, Roman Chair sit-ups, stability ball, hanging leg raises, side bends. This is not very complicated but you just need to do them; that's usually the hardest part.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey I use the same toothpaste! Good luck on your goals :)

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
I have an update later I promise, just been going through a lot lately so haven't had time

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have an update later I promise, just been going through a lot lately so haven't had time
Hope you have better days ahead my friend. We are here if you need us.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have arrived!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
R3ACTION

R3ACTION

Awards
What is your current dose?

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
What is your current dose?
1 serving split up.1 pill upon waking up and another 6-8 hours later. Going to try 2 pills at once Monday see how that feels. Maybe add a third.

R3ACTION

R3ACTION

Awards
1 serving split up.1 pill upon waking up and another 6-8 hours later. Going to try 2 pills at once Monday see how that feels. Maybe add a third.
How is it treating you? Anything positive or negative to report?

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Soo my teamleader has way more faith in me than I thought, he recommended me for an air assault slot , pathfinder, and ranger. Now I just need a 300 score. Way motivating that someone has some faith haha

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Soo my teamleader has way more faith in me than I thought, he recommended me for an air assault slot , pathfinder, and ranger. Now I just need a 300 score. Way motivating that someone has some faith haha
I've done all those Hahaha

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
U got this bro!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Ok so I don't have internet again so ill update by phone. This will be sectioned up. Sorry for the late update I promised you guys.

ENERGY:

If I could write anything for this log it will be about the energy in it. When I took it on an empty stomach, it would be exactly like taking a good preworkout. I was ready to do stuff ready for anything. I couldn't sit still!! The best part is , is that the energy lasts forever.. sometimes one pill will last me for 4 hours depending on how much I eat during it. I would also feel it stack with my pre when I had taken the pill 3or 4 hours before. also, the energy only made me feel cracked out when I took on empty stomach.

Another note; this is bad but when I was goin through my stuff last week I lost a lot of sleep. Some nights I'd only get 3 or 4 hours of sleep and fsxr would boost me through the day. I think that just adds to the energy factor. It made me feel normal in terms of energy.

Aaron was right when he said you should split the pills up AND don't take with a pre

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Thermo: this product didn't make me sweat when I'm just sitting here , but it made me sweat buckets during a workout, after the pill had been in my system. I will try to take it closer to a workout to diagnose it better but other than that the only thing this did was make me stay warm in my class room that feels like its 60 degrees in here.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Other notes:

Another big thing is the hunger suppression. Whoever said this thing was legendary wasn't lying. I was a little skeptical when they said that because I've never felt it from A thermo before. This helped being a broke college kid on a carb cycle diet barely getting enough food for my diet and feeling like I'm starving. The only time I would feel like I was hungry would be if I thought about it. Like "hey I haven't eaten in so long that I am hungry" then I would push it to the back of my mind. This really is legendary.

Thirsty, this thing really makes me thirsty.. like I cannot drink enough water!! I always have some sort of cotton mouth its crazy. But I guess thats a good thing cause it forces me to drink more water

This also makes me burp, a lot. I also had that "hot" feeling in my stomach/ throat when I took without food or milk. But it wasn't that bad for me because I eat a lot of hot / spicy foods.

Also I kinda feel like this has a mood elevator in it. Not sure if its just a placebo effect or not but I would feel more aggressive but thats just my nature. It also made me feel focused and calm. I know that doesn't make sense but I felt all that together. It made me more happy than like stressed or sad or anything. I really can't explain that in depth on it cause it confuses me as well so I don't want to confuse you all.

Any other questions? That's all I've had feeling over the last week. I will update weight after workout today. My friend who I used to workout with say I look leaner. I feel lighter too... I can also see my lats more and my beer belly looking thing doesn't look like it goes as far out. Haha.

Sorry again for the late update guys .. will update more frequently from now on. Life happens

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
How is it treating you? Anything positive or negative to report?
Just updated, sorry for the late thing.. nothing really negative just makes me thirsty. I do look leaner though!!!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Oh and a side note to the focus, its like tunnel vision focus for me Idk about any of you other guys...

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Starting to hate my fat roommate.. he always wants to workout with me but he doesn't wanna get up or do anything I ask of him. All I asked today is that he get up at 1000, eat a meal by 1030 so that way he will have energy for a 1230 workout. God damnit I'm about to give up on him.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Great updates brother!!! U make us proud!!! Lol

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
thanks bro I'm doing my best! I just wanna be as good as you guys (;
You are brother!!! We are nothin special! We all just take pride in what we do!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
You are brother!!! We are nothin special! We all just take pride in what we do!
Sadly why couldn't more people have this attitude. This is what's wrong with America

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Some updated pics unflexed

ForumRunner_20120917_110758.png

ForumRunner_20120917_110826.png

Now some flexed ones

Looking leaner and ****.

ForumRunner_20120917_110954.png

ForumRunner_20120917_111026.png

ForumRunner_20120917_111053.png

ForumRunner_20120917_111125.png

ForumRunner_20120917_111150.png

ForumRunner_20120917_111233.png

ForumRunner_20120917_111306.png

ForumRunner_20120917_111334.png

ForumRunner_20120917_110852.png

You can see my lats a lot better than before.

Same with shoulders but its hard to tell from the lighting.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Doin great man! How far are u into it?

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
A week of one dosing spread out
Wednesday is my off day, ill do a full serving together ( I know I said I would today but I think it would be better on a cardio/off day ) and then maybe another one pill before work

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Dynamic chest

Bench press
145x3x10

Cgbp
185x6x3 185x7

Pushups till 100 reps (15-30 sec rest between sets)
30 12 6 13 14 14 8 8 (went over cause I didn't want to just do 1 pushup so I did 107 total in about 4/5 mins)

Barbell rows (next week ill get 12 each set)
155x10x3

5 pullups x 3

****ing killed it bros. I also noticed when I'm working out, I can see all kinds of different muscles, but I think its because of the lighting. West side Barbell is an awesome workout. Noticing some strength gains

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
****ing wrecked it! Nice day! I'm jealous that you are in the gym. You bastard. :)

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
****ing wrecked it! Nice day! I'm jealous that you are in the gym. You bastard. :)
Tomorrow ill try to go extra heavy on legs for you