Chainlink's BPS Dermacrine Log

ChainLink

Awards
Big thanks to BPS for sponsoring this log. This will be an 8 week run of Dermacrine (bought one bottle and another on the way from BP). I will also be running Erase at 50mg/day to start and will switch to AD-3 at 2 caps/night for the second bottle of dermacrine.

Other supplements/staples being used:
  • Bulk Modern BCAA 10-20g/d
  • Orange Triad 4/d
  • Oximega Fish Oils 2g/d
  • Magnesium 300mg/d
  • Zinc 50mg/d
  • Ephedrine/Caffeine 2x's/day, M-F only

Goal during this run will be to drop a few % in BF, increase strength and maintain LBM. I've been training using a 3 day split/DC style of workout for about 3 weeks now and loving it. Calories on anaerobic days have been ~3500 (40c/30p/30f) and on non-anaerobic days ~2500 (15c/40p/45f). I started slow with adding cardio into the mix to see how my recovery would come along. Cardio is now 30 minutes LISS 3 days/week. I plan to start upping the intensity on the cardio. My biggest hurdle is remaining disciplined with my diet. Training is focused at this point, but diet is what gets me at times (carb cravings, insulin insensitivity).

Current Stats
33 yrs old
217lbs
~18% BF according to cheap Accumeasure calipers using only the Suprailiac fold.

Measurements
  • Neck 17.75"
  • Chest 46"
  • Rt Bicep 17.25"
  • Lt Bicep 17.5"
  • Rt Forearm 15"
  • Lt Forearm 15"
  • Rt Upper Leg 25"
  • Lt Upper Leg 25.5"
  • Rt Calve 19"
  • Lt Calve 19"
  • Waist at navel 39"
Starting Pics and today's workout numbers to follow. Looking forward to criticism and encouragement as I'm ready to make some significant changes.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Big thanks to BPS for sponsoring this log. This will be an 8 week run of Dermacrine (bought one bottle and another on the way from BP). I will also be running Erase at 50mg/day to start and will switch to AD-3 at 2 caps/night for the second bottle of dermacrine.

Other supplements/staples being used:

[*]Bulk Modern BCAA 10-20g/d
[*]Orange Triad 4/d
[*]Oximega Fish Oils 2g/d
[*]Magnesium 300mg/d
[*]Zinc 50mg/d
[*]Ephedrine/Caffeine 2x's/day, M-F only

Goal during this run will be to drop a few % in BF, increase strength and maintain LBM. I've been training using a 3 day split/DC style of workout for about 3 weeks now and loving it. Calories on anaerobic days have been ~3500 (40c/30p/30f) and on non-anaerobic days ~2500 (15c/40p/45f). I started slow with adding cardio into the mix to see how my recovery would come along. Cardio is now 30 minutes LISS 3 days/week. I plan to start upping the intensity on the cardio. My biggest hurdle is remaining disciplined with my diet. Training is focused at this point, but diet is what gets me at times (carb cravings, insulin insensitivity).

Current Stats
33 yrs old
217lbs
~18% BF according to cheap Accumeasure calipers using only the Suprailiac fold.

Measurements

[*]Neck 17.75"
[*]Chest 46"
[*]Rt Bicep 17.25"
[*]Lt Bicep 17.5"
[*]Rt Forearm 15"
[*]Lt Forearm 15"
[*]Rt Upper Leg 25"
[*]Lt Upper Leg 25.5"
[*]Rt Calve 19"
[*]Lt Calve 19"
[*]Waist at navel 39"

Starting Pics and today's workout numbers to follow. Looking forward to criticism and encouragement as I'm ready to make some significant changes.
Are you planning on running anything after the dermacrine? I am thinking about hitting a bottle for 4 weeks in a couple months, definitely Subd in

ChainLink

Awards
Are you planning on running anything after the dermacrine? I am thinking about hitting a bottle for 4 weeks in a couple months, definitely Subd in
Not sure how I'll lay out my post dermacrine supplements, but I got a good selection... 2 tubs DAA, 2 bottles of OG Anabeta, 1 bottle of AE, 1 bottle of Compound 20, and Alphamine. Will probably continue with the AD3 during the DAA.

ChainLink

Awards
Starting Pics

Sorry about the quality. I only have access to an iphone camera at the moment and when resizing it really lost even more quality. I should be getting a better camera soon, or I will need to get in better lighting. But these should be ok to start.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

ChainLink

Awards
Today's Workout

Flat DB Press
65's for 16-6-5

DB Shoulder Press
45's for 10-5-3

Pullover into Skullcrusher
85#'s x 16-5-3

Slow Band Assisted Pull-up
BW x 15-5-3

Deadlift
255#'s x 7
225#'s x 12

tallguy34

tallguy34

Awards
Damn bro! What's your goal weight? 217 is pretty stacked. If you could add another 10lbs ans drop to single digits you'd be beast mode!!

ChainLink

Awards
Damn bro! What's your goal weight? 217 is pretty stacked. If you could add another 10lbs ans drop to single digits you'd be beast mode!!
To drop to single digits (9%) and keep my current body weight would require a gain of 20lbs of LBM.lol I'd be happy at 205/10% in 6 months.

tallguy34

tallguy34

Awards
Either one. Lol. You'd still be pretty bad ass.

I'm 6'7" and 243lb now. Probably 17-18% bf, look less due to my height. I wanna get to 260-270 and 13%. Lol. So that's a huge increase as I'm through with the bulk and cut approach will take some time. Its all about the perpetual recomp now.

ChainLink

Awards
IF diet starts today. 10g BCAA and 20 min LISS + 5x 30s Sprints at about 80-90% (starting slow with these).

Today's Dietary Breakdown
90g fat
35g cho
200g prot
~1700cals

From here on out I'm thinking of keeping cals/carbs low (~2000) on cardio days and 3000 on lifting days with moderate carb/high prot/moderate fats.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for getting the log up. Definitely like the setup you have running nad nice to see another use of CL Orange Triad. Really curious to hear your thoughts on Dermacrine.

ChainLink

Awards
Thanks to those who are following. I'll be posting daily to keep me motivated and on track even though the daily updates can be a bit much. I'll edit the post at night with dietary info... Onward!

10g BCAA
40 min LISS

Macros:
77g fat
156g CHO
272 protein
2416 calories

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks to those who are following. I'll be posting daily to keep me motivated and on track even though the daily updates can be a bit much. I'll edit the post at night with dietary info... Onward!

10g BCAA
40 min LISS

Macros:
77g fat
156g CHO
272 protein
2416 calories
You are running similar calorie setup to me. I shoot for 2200 on off days and ~3000 on workout days. I am normally low on off days and close on build days, seems to average out well if I go over. Your macro setup is very similar to mine as well.

ChainLink

Awards
10g BCAA's, then off to the gym at 0500.

Incline DB Curls
35's x 12-4-3

Rev Cable Curl
75 x 12-4-3

Leg Press
600 x 8
495 x 22 (widowmaker)

Leg Press Calf Raise
315 x 17

Sumo Hamstring Presses
315 x 14

10g BCAA's coming up at 0900, lunch at 12.

Feeling good!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
killin it, man. eat something good for lunch

ChainLink

Awards
I dig the fasted workouts with BCAAs - good stuff
The only workout or exercise that gets to me when in a fasted state is widowmaker squats... Then again, they make me light headed and nauseous when in a fed state.lol

1060 calories for lunch coming up- 14oz chicken breast, 9oz sweet potato, apple and a banana.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
sweet potatoes and chicken. classically delicious.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent base brother! Like the program, the diet and I have to disagree with TallGuy you are already beast mode, ripping into the singles with minimal or no loss of LBM will have you looking SICK!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am getting ready to go to the wife work for lunch. Having 3 cans of tuna in 2 tuna sandwiches, 2 nectarines, then 2 Cinnamon and brown sugar low fat pop tarts and a blueberry protein smoothie for dessert. I just hate cutting... ;)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah I will be eating a ton of turkey spaghetti tonight for dinner too. Intermittent Fasting Oh how I love thee.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Large meals make me a happy man. As does constantly being asked "how in the hell are you eating all of that?!" :D

ChainLink

Awards
Excellent base brother! Like the program, the diet and I have to disagree with TallGuy you are already beast mode, ripping into the singles with minimal or no loss of LBM will have you looking SICK!
Appreciate the encouragement. I've followed some of your progressions which definitely yields motivation. Figured it was time for me to get more serious/disciplined with my lifestyle. IF definitely makes it easier for me.

ChainLink

Awards
Energy levels are up already. Woke up at 0430, hit the gym, felt on point at work all day (important in my line of work to be mentally sharp/confident) and had softball practice from 1800-2030. Feeling good so far. This is what I look forward to most from the dermacrine; more disciplined, focused and overall well being. I think it is a great ergogenic aid.

Had trouble meeting macros today:
65g Fat
236g CHO
283g Prot
2605 calories

Tomorrow is an off day. Might hit some abs, but that would be it.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Energy levels are up already. Woke up at 0430, hit the gym, felt on point at work all day (important in my line of work to be mentally sharp/confident) and had softball practice from 1800-2030. Feeling good so far. This is what I look forward to most from the dermacrine; more disciplined, focused and overall well being. I think it is a great ergogenic aid.

Had trouble meeting macros today:
65g Fat
236g CHO
283g Prot
2605 calories

Tomorrow is an off day. Might hit some abs, but that would be it.
Its never bad to be a little less, just up your other day to hold the average.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If/when I'm having trouble getting in all my cals, I'll slam some extra BCAAs just to help stay anabolic.
I do this in the AM before I break my fast to keep me satiated and stave off hunger, plus BCAAs are never a bad thing.

ChainLink

Awards
I do this in the AM before I break my fast to keep me satiated and stave off hunger, plus BCAAs are never a bad thing.
Yep, the BCAA's help me at around 8-9am with hunger. I forgot to bring them this morning, so it was coffee to the rescue.

Today's Macros:
109g fat (egg yolk, coconut oil, & PB)
101g CHO
228g protein
2329 calories

ChainLink

Awards
Well, the DC training is getting derailed for a bit, at least for upper body pressing and maybe pulling movements. I've been doing DC for about a month and started having some right shoulder pain. No biggie though, warmed up and pushed through it.

Throwing a softball was a bad idea. Woke up yesterday morning and had trouble raising/abducting my arm. Thought it would feel better after another day of rest. This morning it felt even worse. So I canned the DC chest/back/tri day and did cardio...fak!

Hoping a few days rest, ice/heat and ibuprofen does the trick.

I plan to continue DC training for legs/arms on Saturday. If the shoulder isn't better by next week I'll have one of the doc's I work with order an MRI.

I am already leaning out though. Ever since starting the dermacrine, I've noticed increased body heat/thermo effect, especially after consuming CHO.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah a little rest then recovery however since you are familiar with DC training add in Dante's shoulder move to help remove any impingment and work all of the shoulders supporting muscles.

[video=youtube;ifxxbWwzKio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifxxbWwzKio[/video]start with 25 back and forth every night before bed or when you wake up then go to 50 if you can. Expect the MOST RIDICULOUS pump in your shoulders you have ever had. It will heal up most injuries in about 2 weeks.

ChainLink

Awards
Pain has subsided a bit, but we'll see tomorrow morning. Saturday is bi's/legs routine, so hopefully by tuesday i can do some light pulling movements/shoulder retraction/rotator work.

My plan if pressing movements remain an issue will be to focus on posterior chain, back and arms more... and of course keep hammering my body with widowmaker set.

I am noticing some leaning out in my midsection and arms. A bit more vascularity than usual in forearms as well.

8/23 Macros
112g fat
135g CHO
251g prot

2751 calories

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Pain has subsided a bit, but we'll see tomorrow morning. Saturday is bi's/legs routine, so hopefully by tuesday i can do some light pulling movements/shoulder retraction/rotator work.

My plan if pressing movements remain an issue will be to focus on posterior chain, back and arms more... and of course keep hammering my body with widowmaker set.

I am noticing some leaning out in my midsection and arms. A bit more vascularity than usual in forearms as well.
sounding good bro!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What kind of warm up are you doing? If I don't warm up well I suffer shoulder pain. Something else that helps me I just got this week is Phoenix Kineticream. It is a remake of an oldie by the same formulator, totally worth it in my eyes.

ChainLink

Awards
What kind of warm up are you doing? If I don't warm up well I suffer shoulder pain. Something else that helps me I just got this week is Phoenix Kineticream. It is a remake of an oldie by the same formulator, totally worth it in my eyes.
Arm rotations with humerus perpendicular and then parallel to floor as well as the broomstick stretch like in the video.

I never use to have shoulder issues and could do behind the neck BB presses, but that is what initiated the injury this time. Then chucking a softball from the outfield a few times was a dumb ass move on my part. I warmed up good, but I had not thrown in about a year.

Less pain this morning and more ROM, so tonight I'll start the broomstick mobility stretches.

I'll be taking a lot better care of my shoulder after this. It is the same shoulder I injured in a motorcycle accident in '04. Broke my scapula and had fractures across the glenoid surface in the joint. So at some point I should need arthroscopic surgery to clean out spurring.

NYiron

NYiron

Awards
  • Established
Arm rotations with humerus perpendicular and then parallel to floor as well as the broomstick stretch like in the video.

I never use to have shoulder issues and could do behind the neck BB presses, but that is what initiated the injury this time. Then chucking a softball from the outfield a few times was a dumb ass move on my part. I warmed up good, but I had not thrown in about a year.

Less pain this morning and more ROM, so tonight I'll start the broomstick mobility stretches.

I'll be taking a lot better care of my shoulder after this. It is the same shoulder I injured in a motorcycle accident in '04. Broke my scapula and had fractures across the glenoid surface in the joint. So at some point I should need arthroscopic surgery to clean out spurring.
Thats a pretty serious injury, glad its starting to feel better.

ChainLink

Awards
Workout was good today. The shoulder injury kept me very strict on form with curls, so it was hard to get that good contraction at the top end by rolling the shoulders forward a bit, but good workout nonetheless.

Todays lifts:

BB Curls
80#'s x 10-3-2 (no change from last session)

Reverse BB Curls
50#'s x 11-3-3 (+1rep)

Squats
275#'s x 8 (+1 rep)
225#'s x 20 (-2reps, +30#'s)

Lying Leg Curls
120#'s x 7-4-4

Donkey Calve Raises
135#'s x 21

Felt pumped everywhere after the squats. Starting to see some vascularity in the anterior and posterior lower legs.

Did not count calories/macros for 8/24, but definitely hit 4k cals with plenty of carbs (not healthy ones) and protein. Back on track today with diet.

Shoulder continues to improve, but definitely will put me out of pressing for at least another full week if not two. I'll assess pulling motion on Tuesday.

ChainLink

Awards
Will look into this. Also, do any of you feel like cissus would help with this type of pain/injury? Or is it pretty much for osteo support?

tallguy34

tallguy34

Awards
I actually aggravated my A.C. joint doing behind the neck BB presses a year ago. Really messed things up. Thought I'd have to have surgery, had very limited ROM for 2 weeks. Couldn't lift my arm higher than shoulder and rotation hurt like a SOB. Yours, heck of a lot worse though. Lol. Keep an eye on it man.

Good stuff in here so far!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will look into this. Also, do any of you feel like cissus would help with this type of pain/injury? Or is it pretty much for osteo support?
Of all the joint support supps, I've tried a lot, Universal Animal Flex has my vote. It has it all, Cissus is over rated in my eyes. I used to think it was good but now I no longer impressed at all.

ChainLink

Awards
ROM and strength have improved a lot over the last two days. Pretty sure pulling movements are a go for tomorrow, but will keep it light to avoid a set back in recovery.

Macros were pretty high again yesterday, probably about 3500 cals with 1000 cals of that coming from beer (FF draft day).