My Compete + HemaVol Stack Log (Sponsored)

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Haha I'm just happier without it.

    I experimented a bit in high school and I'm glad I did it back then; it made college way less of a transition and I didn't go nuts. For me, though, it's just how I was raised and I don't need lowered inhibitions. I'm really looking forward to having the medical stuff resolved, though, because I'd always viewed alcohol as empty calories and that's far easier to do when it actually makes a difference whether you drink or not, ya know?




    I didn't end up hitting the gym, today. Work was very hectic and it's my birthday, so I spent some time with my girlfriend, this evening and will just hit the gym hard, tomorrow and get back on track.
    Happy birthday brother enjoy it


  2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Thanks, guys.

    I've managed to unwind a bit, this evening and that was nice after the headache that returning to work, today was lol. About to go to bed and looking forward to getting back to routine (hopefully), tomorrow.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Haha I'm just happier without it.

    I experimented a bit in high school and I'm glad I did it back then; it made college way less of a transition and I didn't go nuts. For me, though, it's just how I was raised and I don't need lowered inhibitions. I'm really looking forward to having the medical stuff resolved, though, because I'd always viewed alcohol as empty calories and that's far easier to do when it actually makes a difference whether you drink or not, ya know?




    I didn't end up hitting the gym, today. Work was very hectic and it's my birthday, so I spent some time with my girlfriend, this evening and will just hit the gym hard, tomorrow and get back on track.
    always good to take time off and have great balance in your life. hope you enjoyed your birthday bro
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    All right, so mixed bag of feelings about today's workout.

    It was high volume leg day and I always like to push on this day (first one in just over a month, too). I was gunning for 1,200 reps and ended up with a little over 1,000.

    I strained my right calf on my 12th set of calf extensions and I actually pushed a few reps, but then wised up and decided to call it quits so I didn't set myself back too far/long.

    Pre-workout: 2 scoops Hemavol, 2g ALCAR, 200mg caffeine, 1g tyrosine, 1g choline citrate and then 2 scoops MBCAA.

    Intra-workout: 2 scoops Compete

    Leg Extensions: 115x25/130x25/145x25/160x25/165x20/150x20/135x25/120x25/115x25/110x25/105x25/100x25/95x25/95x25/95x25/95x25

    Seated Leg Curls: 80x25/85x25/90x25/95x25/100x25/105x25/105x25/110x25/115x25/120x25/120x25/110x25/105x25/100x25/95x25/95x25

    Seated Calf Extensions: 140x25/155x25/170x25/185x25/200x25/215x25/215x25/210x25/210x25/205x50/205x15
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    And to recap the 2 workouts I had back in IL over the weekend (Friday and Monday):

    Back Max-OT:


    Underhand Lat Pulldowns: (warm-up: 150x6/200x4) 250x6/260x6/270x6

    Seated Rows: 230x8/260x8/290x8

    Deadlifts: 315x6/365x6/375x1+4*


    *Pressure of my quads against my stomach almost made me puke, so that's why I set it down after the first rep for a few seconds and went straight into the next 4

    Not very impressed with my deadlift numbers. Lately, I've been using a Nautilus Xpload machine for deads so I can get a nice 45 degree grip and go overhand on both, but this was just traditional. I really need to start focusing on grip strength. My back and legs can easily pull more, but it's my hands that crap out on me (grip and then blistered up pretty badly; stopped wearing gloves a few months back after wearing them for my entire life of lifting).






    Arms HVT:


    Olympic Bar Curls: 75x25/75x25/75x25/75x25

    Solo DB Hammer Curls (@ Preacher Station): 20x25/20x25/20x25/20x25

    Solo Overhead Cable Ring Curls: 27.5x25/27.5x25/21.5x25/21.5x25

    Solo Tri Ring Pushdowns: 49.5x25/60.5x25/60.5x25/49.5x25

    Solo Tri Ring Reverse Curls: 27.5x25/27.5x25/27.5x25/27.5x25

    Solo Overhead DB Tri Extensions: 25x25/20x25/20x25/20x25


    Very happy with this one; ridiculous pumps and some nice increases on a few lifts from the previous HVT arm session (just over a month before).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
    •   
       


  6. i spent an entire winter one year with a tennis ball in my hand working on grip. the old weight tied to a dumbell bar works good too, imo.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  7. Farmers Walks will get them as well
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  8. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Farmers Walks will get them as well
    I suck at them.. my grip is terrible. I can't even do 1 pullup without straps, but can bang out a ton with em! If i forget my straps, i dont train back

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  9. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I suck at them.. my grip is terrible. I can't even do 1 pullup without straps, but can bang out a ton with em! If i forget my straps, i dont train back

    Mike
    I'm glad my gym sells straps bc I'm the same way. I used to be real big into grip strength but I noticed the more I worked on my grip the more I would drop stuff... Like my cell phone. Started using straps and I stopped dropping stuff.


  10. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I suck at them.. my grip is terrible. I can't even do 1 pullup without straps, but can bang out a ton with em! If i forget my straps, i dont train back

    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    I'm glad my gym sells straps bc I'm the same way. I used to be real big into grip strength but I noticed the more I worked on my grip the more I would drop stuff... Like my cell phone. Started using straps and I stopped dropping stuff.
    my biggest problem: my gym doesnt allow chalk, ghey as fawk.........i usually have to wrap up for just about everything because all the grips are worn + sweaty hands = my back doesnt get as much work as it could becasue the bar keeps slipping from my hands.
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominateÖiForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  11. It's been a slow progresion for me with my grip strength. I used to strap up for everything as well but now I only do for the last heavy DL set. I just feel a better mind/muscle connection when I am gripping the heck out of the bar.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  12. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I suck at them.. my grip is terrible. I can't even do 1 pullup without straps, but can bang out a ton with em! If i forget my straps, i dont train back

    Mike
    Loudy doesnt use straps
    Loudy doesnt use gloves
    Loudy get rough hands now and then
    so therefore...
    Loudy's forearms > Mike's

    :P

    Ever thought about a few weeks "high reps" for back so wont need straps for a little while?


    Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    I'm glad my gym sells straps bc I'm the same way. I used to be real big into grip strength but I noticed the more I worked on my grip the more I would drop stuff... Like my cell phone. Started using straps and I stopped dropping stuff.
    do you use a strap to eat your tacos and hotdogs too?



    Im not a drinker either...Unless its a bachelor party, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or other related events Loudy gets really Rowdy

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Loudy Rowdy View Post
    Loudy doesnt use straps
    Loudy doesnt use gloves
    Loudy get rough hands now and then
    so therefore...
    Loudy's forearms > Mike's

    :P

    Ever thought about a few weeks "high reps" for back so wont need straps for a little while?




    do you use a strap to eat your tacos and hotdogs too?



    Im not a drinker either...Unless its a bachelor party, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or other related events Loudy gets really Rowdy
    I take my straps with me when I go grocery shopping

    Nothing wrong with using straps :P lol
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Weekend ended up being pretty busy; the girlfriend and I took off for Indianapolis and stayed up there to hit the Linkin Park concert. My buddy from high school works for the band doing marketing/web stuff for them and got us hooked up to meet the band and even upgraded us to some really awesome seats.

    I'll be hitting delts/traps for HVT after I get out of the office, today.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

  15. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Weekend ended up being pretty busy; the girlfriend and I took off for Indianapolis and stayed up there to hit the Linkin Park concert. My buddy from high school works for the band doing marketing/web stuff for them and got us hooked up to meet the band and even upgraded us to some really awesome seats.

    I'll be hitting delts/traps for HVT after I get out of the office, today.
    LOVE LP!! How awesome was it? Did you give them some Compete to try during their set? Lmao
    Getting PUMPED with iForce Compete + Hemavol!!!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/208823-getting-pumped-iforce.html

  16. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Weekend ended up being pretty busy; the girlfriend and I took off for Indianapolis and stayed up there to hit the Linkin Park concert. My buddy from high school works for the band doing marketing/web stuff for them and got us hooked up to meet the band and even upgraded us to some really awesome seats.

    I'll be hitting delts/traps for HVT after I get out of the office, today.
    your weekend >>> my weekend
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominateÖiForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mnowak1228 View Post
    LOVE LP!! How awesome was it? Did you give them some Compete to try during their set? Lmao
    It was way too cool, man. I had to miss Incubus's set to meet them, but that was worth it. The good thing was we still got to our seats in time to hear their last song, which was Aqueous Transmission (and I love that song--very chill). LP played for about 2 hours, which was great, too. The whole thing was awesome, but my favorite (if I had to pick) was probably when they transitioned into a rendition of Sabotage in the middle of Bleed it Out. And during Burn it Down, they had flames on the stage and you could feel the heat coming off of them where we sat.

    That's funny about the Compete; I doubt they'd take anything from me, although I could probably give it to my buddy who works for them and have him ask them if they were interested. If anyone could use it, it was Chester. He was all over the place and jumping off of speakers lol.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

  18. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    It was way too cool, man. I had to miss Incubus's set to meet them, but that was worth it. The good thing was we still got to our seats in time to hear their last song, which was Aqueous Transmission (and I love that song--very chill). LP played for about 2 hours, which was great, too. The whole thing was awesome, but my favorite (if I had to pick) was probably when they transitioned into a rendition of Sabotage in the middle of Bleed it Out. And during Burn it Down, they had flames on the stage and you could feel the heat coming off of them where we sat.

    That's funny about the Compete; I doubt they'd take anything from me, although I could probably give it to my buddy who works for them and have him ask them if they were interested. If anyone could use it, it was Chester. He was all over the place and jumping off of speakers lol.
    I got chills just reading this....Id love to take my 13yr old son to see them!!
    Getting PUMPED with iForce Compete + Hemavol!!!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/208823-getting-pumped-iforce.html
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mnowak1228 View Post
    I got chills just reading this....Id love to take my 13yr old son to see them!!
    Not sure where you live, but I was really impressed with the venue. It's an outdoor setup, but the stage and then all the seats are covered by a ceiling. From the stage, it V's out and then after the seats, you've got a general admission lawn that wraps around the back edge. They had a huge screen up behind the stage and we were close enough to see everyone in detail, but LP had a lot of cool graphics and stuff built into a lot of the songs on top of just showing video of them, too.

    I haven't been to many rock/alternative concerts, but I have been to enough shows in general to know when someone puts on a good set and LP was amazing. It was a great blend of the old stuff and some of the newer stuff. I think they played 3 or 4 songs off of Living Things, but it was great.

    They only have a couple songs that swear, so that's a plus, too (I'm not big on swearing, and then plus if you were taking a kid, that's great). The worst in that regard is probably when they do When They Come for Me.

    It's crazy to see all the different types of people that they draw in. I'm kind of awkward at concerts, anyway, because I don't get drunk and/or dance like crazy, but I tend to just kind of rock a little bit and then sing some of the songs, but not all of them. I just love the music and then the feel of the show. But there were the obvious people you'd expect, a lot of younger people, which was cool (Hybrid Theory probably came out when a lot of them were like 3 lol). There was a guy and his wife a few rows in front of us and he was rocking khaki shorts, a tucked in polo and a comb-over (kind of looked like Coach K lol), and then there was a bigger, older guy who had white hair and a beard who had a slew of young women around him that he was dancing with. It's just cool to see how diverse their fans are.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

  20. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    It's been a slow progresion for me with my grip strength. I used to strap up for everything as well but now I only do for the last heavy DL set. I just feel a better mind/muscle connection when I am gripping the heck out of the bar.
    Yeh. Then u hands kina cramp in a grip position and it takes a sec to losen them up
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Just got home from the gym. The forearm pump is ridiculous.


    Delts/Traps HVT


    Solo Reverse Cable Flys 40x25 / 40x25 / 40x25 / 40x25
    DB Side Lateral Raises: 50's x 25 / 50's x 25 / 50's x 25 / 50's x 25
    Overhead DB Press: 40's x 25 / 40's x 25 / 40's x 20+5 / 40's x 20+5

    Solo Cable Ring Side Shrugs: 190x25 / 190x50 / 190x50 / 190x50 / 190x50
    DB Shrugs: 100's x 25 / 100's x 25 / 100's x 25 / 100's x 25



    The trap work really got the forearms popping. I bumped up the side shrugs to doing 50 reps and that was nuts. Made a lot of increases from my last HVT delts/traps day and didn't downslide on anything.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

  22. Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    I take my straps with me when I go grocery shopping

    Nothing wrong with using straps :P lol
    Pfft, straps. I take Hemavol when I go grocery shopping. Dem veins as I walk home with my stuff....
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    One thing I wanted to mention before I forget - it's not a big deal, but it is something I've noticed. I mix my Compete in a half-gallon jug of water and you can see it clump a bit as it hits the water and then sinks to the bottom and if you don't keep shaking it without letting it set for 2 minutes or so, it'll stick to the bottom. I always shake up my intras, but it's a bit annoying having to keep grabbing it and shaking it more to ensure that it doesn't clump up and stick to the bottom. I generally have to do this over the course of about 15 minutes or so (so I have to mix it earlier than I normally do before the gym, or I have to pick it up out of the passenger seat and shake it while I'm driving to the gym lol).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Loudy Rowdy View Post
    Ever thought about a few weeks "high reps" for back so wont need straps for a little while?
    Yea right, I look fly as hell in my straps.. i wear em for chest day to
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  25. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Yea right, I look fly as hell in my straps.. i wear em for chest day to
    I wear mine on the treadmill...
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. TonyGT's Compete + HemaVol Stack Log (Sponsored)
    By TonyGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 11:20 PM
  2. starting my lg ultimate stack log
    By lindo in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
  3. My hyperpumps/Nocturnabol review/log! (sponsored)
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 08:28 AM
  4. My Kitchen Sink Stack... Log it?
    By Soccer00 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 12:11 AM
  5. XFMFX Poops Super Stack Log (sponsored)
    By poopypants in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Log in
Log in