My Compete + HemaVol Stack Log (Sponsored)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^^this!!! beats my 45-55lb #IMustBeDoingItWrong

keep up the good work Beast!!!
I'd much rather be at a low bf% lol, believe me. But, on the bright side, while I'm this big, it's nice to at least be able to move some heavy weight.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd much rather be at a low bf% lol, believe me. But, on the bright side, while I'm this big, it's nice to at least be able to move some heavy weight.
You are completely the opposite of me bro, I prefer to carry that bulky look over being cut in contest prep!

Mike

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are completely the opposite of me bro, I prefer to carry that bulky look over being cut in contest prep!

Mike
Well, I was measured at 30% bf, last month, so I have a feeling your "bulky look" wouldn't be near that size. I'd worked ridiculously hard to get my abs, so this whole ordeal has been very taxing.

Off day, today. Need to update my leg workout and yesterday's delts/traps workout in a bit (just need to go grab my notebook). Did hit a PR on overhead presses, yesterday, so that's good.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, I was measured at 30% bf, last month, so I have a feeling your "bulky look" wouldn't be near that size. I'd worked ridiculously hard to get my abs, so this whole ordeal has been very taxing.

Off day, today. Need to update my leg workout and yesterday's delts/traps workout in a bit (just need to go grab my notebook). Did hit a PR on overhead presses, yesterday, so that's good.
well mike is only 5'1.......so he likes to try and look as much like he-man as he can :p

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All right, notes from the last few workouts:

9/6 - Legs Max-OT

Pre: 2 Hemavol + 1 FXT + 2 ModernBCAA
Intra: 2 Compete

Leg Press: 360x6/540x6/720x6/810x6/830x5
Leg Extensions: 200x8/245x8/255x8/255x8
Seated Leg Curls: 185x8/190x8/195x8
Seated Calf Raises: 280x8/280x8/280x8/290x8
Solo Seated Calf Extensions: 140x8/170x8/185x8

9/8 - Delts & Traps Max-OT

Pre: 2 Hemavol + 2 FXT + 1 Xtend

Overhead Nautilus Xpload Press: 90x6/180x4/270x2/350x6/355x6/355x6
Reverse Solo Cable Fly: 90x8/100x8/100x8
Seated Rear Delt DB Side Laterals: 70'sx8/70'sx8/70'sx8
DB Side Laterals: 85'sx8/85'sx8/90'sx8
Olympic Bar Shrugs (bar in front; over/under grip): 315x8/425x6/425x6/425x6/425x8

9/10 - Chest Max-OT

Pre: 2 Hemavol + 2 FXT + 1 Xtend

Nautilus Xpload Chest Press: 90x8/180x6/270x2/360x6/365x6/370x6
Nautilus Xpload Incline Chest Press: 340x6/360x6/380x6
Cable Fly Station Decline Bench Press (ring attachments): 305x8/305x8/305x8
Cable Flys (pushing forward): 230x8/230x8/215x8

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
355x6 on overhead press was a PR for me, so getting it twice was pretty unexpected for me.

Improvements on pretty much all other lifts in some aspect.

Very happy with yesterday's chest session, as my numbers jumped back to around what they were 2 weeks ago (unlike last week's plummet).

Max-OT back session on tap for tonight.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
355x6 on overhead press was a PR for me, so getting it twice was pretty unexpected for me.

Improvements on pretty much all other lifts in some aspect.

Very happy with yesterday's chest session, as my numbers jumped back to around what they were 2 weeks ago (unlike last week's plummet).

Max-OT back session on tap for tonight.
Good to hear, you think you can squeeze out another PR? :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear, you think you can squeeze out another PR? :)
On back night? I doubt it.

I've got a hip imbalance (can't remember if I mentioned it or not), but it's led to my legs feeling just slightly uneven, which is miserable for squats and even deads to a lesser extent. But because of that, I've stopped doing BB rows until it's fixed, because I end up pulling more to one side and building up one side of my back more than the other. So, aside from deads, all of my back movements are either seated or on a bench (like DB rows). It sucks.

But because of all of that, my numbers aren't nearly as good as they once were on back lifts.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll write down the specific numbers when I have my notebook in front of me, but 2 nights ago I hit my max-OT back night and climbed up on deads a bit, so that was good.

I ended up with 500x5/500x4/500x4 (I think; the 2nd might have been 5 reps, too).

Last time I was only at 490 and each time, it's my grip that gives out on me. I'll be picking up some straps in the near future, so hopefully I'll see a nice increase on my deadlifts. I really do need to start focusing on grip strength, again, though, because I hate the idea of letting it lag behind too much.

Led off the back session with seated rows (something like 260x10/270x10/280x10 - which was a pain, because the stack only goes to 250, so I was stacking a 10, then 2 10's, then a 25 and a 5 onto the stack and it gets a little nerve-racking when they get too far out) and then went ahead and did overhand lat pulldowns and worked my way down the stack and did 200x6/210x6/220x6/230x6/240x6/250x6.

DOMS are ridiculous from the deads, so I'll likely take today off and push the workout til tomorrow for arms, but we'll see. I'm headed out of town for work, but maybe I'll feel like doing it when I get home.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and I've only got 1 or maybe 2 scoops of Hemavol left (booooooo! lol).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Headed up to Louisville and lifted with wsaucer from the forums. Got myself a killer arm day in. I'll put up numbers later, but I ended up doing HVT instead of HIT and I was really pleased with that. Made increases from the last HVT day and also had a ridiculous pump; just unreal.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Headed up to Louisville and lifted with wsaucer from the forums. Got myself a killer arm day in. I'll put up numbers later, but I ended up doing HVT instead of HIT and I was really pleased with that. Made increases from the last HVT day and also had a ridiculous pump; just unreal.
Looks like the last bit did it's job just fine!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, for pre-workout, now, I'll likely just use bulk cit-mal (~7g) and a scoop or two of FXT. Compete will still be at 2 scoops intra-workout (I really enjoy that dose a lot). I really like this product and love taking it intra-workout instead of just BCAAs. The only thing I'll say is that DOMS tend to be worse, now. So perhaps I just need to slam more BCAAs immediately post-workout, too (since I now take them pre-workout instead of intra). I didn't want to do this/see a need because I take my shake almost immediately after working out, but I'll toy around with this and see if it makes a difference.

Didn't hit the gym, last night, so I'll be hitting it, tonight. Still up in the air on whether I'll go HIT (back on schedule) or just do HVT for the entire week. I'll see how I feel.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had zero motivation at all, but went in for a HVT delts session on Tuesday. Was going to hit traps, too, but felt really sick and barely got through the delts session. Traps will get hit with legs, tonight.

Had to take yesterday off because I went down to Vandy for my doc appt.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Had zero motivation at all, but went in for a HVT delts session on Tuesday. Was going to hit traps, too, but felt really sick and barely got through the delts session. Traps will get hit with legs, tonight.

Had to take yesterday off because I went down to Vandy for my doc appt.
This usually gets me going

nxilf.jpeg

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^ LOL. Yeah, I hear ya, man.

The biggest downside is not getting the aesthetic changes despite doing the lifting. Oh, well. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

Hit a HVT leg day and ended up with 900 total reps. About 7 sets in, I felt really sick (empty feeling in my lower chest/top of my stomach). Not sure if it's just because I hadn't eaten enough or what. Luckily, I was able to power through it (was really close to leaving because I thought I was going to puke), and got a solid workout in. Didn't hit traps because of that (and I was there for about 2 hours), so they'll just get tacked onto back day (after chest) or just skipped for the week, since they'll be coming up relatively soon on Max-OT delts/traps day and I want them full form.

2 scoops FXT + 7g Cit Mal for my pre-workout mix and then right before leaving, downed 4 scoops (2 servings) of OG Xtend. 2 scoops Compete intra.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All right, hadn't lifted since the 21st and hit my HVT back session, tonight.

It went very well and I had a great pump and a lot of increases across the board.

No more Hemavol, so I went with 1 scoop of FXT + 3.6g citrulline malate + 2 scoops of Cellucor's new BCAA product (great profile on that thing -- 2 scoops gave me 10g BCAA/3.2g BA/4g CM).

As always, 2 scoops Compete intra-workout.

Made big increases on my solo cable fly station lat pulldowns and some pretty big increases on my solo ring seated rows (140x25 for 8 sets to 150x25 for the first 4 sets and 140 for the last 4).

Feeling great. Tomorrow is an off day and Thursday I'll hit max-OT arms.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sup MWB, question...
Do you feel you make your best gains on a higher volume routine or heavier?
I was curious cause you spoke about HVT a while back. :) thx

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sup MWB, question...
Do you feel you make your best gains on a higher volume routine or heavier?
I was curious cause you spoke about HVT a while back. :) thx
I feel like my gains keep coming from switching up the workouts as often as I do (HVT 1 week, Max-OT next week, HIT next week, Max-OT next, repeat).

I feel like the strength comes from the Max-OT and the volume really focuses on endurance and gets amazing blood flow, and then the HIT works on endurance, too (and for a normal individual, hits max lipolysis). I've just made consistent gains in weight on the bar without anything more than staple supplementation, so I've been very happy with this program.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel like my gains keep coming from switching up the workouts as often as I do (HVT 1 week, Max-OT next week, HIT next week, Max-OT next, repeat).

I feel like the strength comes from the Max-OT and the volume really focuses on endurance and gets amazing blood flow, and then the HIT works on endurance, too (and for a normal individual, hits max lipolysis). I've just made consistent gains in weight on the bar without anything more than staple supplementation, so I've been very happy with this program.
They usually say, when i switch things up.. you have continued success. IMO that goes with dieting, training, cardio, supplements, etc.

Props to you on your success bro.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards

might have to consider changing up my training a bit more frequently. i usually keep the same type of style and split for about 4 weeks, but now might have to cut that down. pretty cool stuff dude

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
might have to consider changing up my training a bit more frequently. i usually keep the same type of style and split for about 4 weeks, but now might have to cut that down. pretty cool stuff dude
It's nice for me because I never liked changing my training that much.

With this style, every week is different and they rotate (and I'll always swap out different lifts and such when I feel like it), but there's a pattern to it, so it really doesn't feel like I'm changing it (I like routine lol). But each week is also different, so I don't feel burned out like I ran into in the past.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's nice for me because I never liked changing my training that much.

With this style, every week is different and they rotate (and I'll always swap out different lifts and such when I feel like it), but there's a pattern to it, so it really doesn't feel like I'm changing it (I like routine lol). But each week is also different, so I don't feel burned out like I ran into in the past.
That's interesting stuff. I tried a HVT program and felt burned out, so that's a unique style. What's different between the HIT & HVT? Bit confused so maybe you could shed some light for me.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's interesting stuff. I tried a HVT program and felt burned out, so that's a unique style. What's different between the HIT & HVT? Bit confused so maybe you could shed some light for me.
That's just what I call them, so they might not technically be those.

But for HVT, I do sets of 25 reps; usually 4 sets and 3-4 lifts per muscle group. But on legs, I like to torture them and get around 1,000 reps.

HIT, I do 4x12 with 60 seconds rest between sets and 120 seconds rest when changing stations. People certainly do stuff with less rest, but I feel that's enough to keep HR up and not make my strength suffer as much.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
That's just what I call them, so they might not technically be those.

But for HVT, I do sets of 25 reps; usually 4 sets and 3-4 lifts per muscle group. But on legs, I like to torture them and get around 1,000 reps.

HIT, I do 4x12 with 60 seconds rest between sets and 120 seconds rest when changing stations. People certainly do stuff with less rest, but I feel that's enough to keep HR up and not make my strength suffer as much.
I personally need more time although I find the more you do it the less rest you need. Also depends on your day prior.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Caught dinner with a friend who lives out of town and was in town, yesterday, so no gym. Going to sneak out of work an hour early or so to hit a Max-OT arm workout before I have to drive up to meet the girlfriend at her friend's rehearsal dinner. Hopefully gonna get to bed early and hit legs in the AM before the wedding. Woof. lol

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Caught dinner with a friend who lives out of town and was in town, yesterday, so no gym. Going to sneak out of work an hour early or so to hit a Max-OT arm workout before I have to drive up to meet the girlfriend at her friend's rehearsal dinner. Hopefully gonna get to bed early and hit legs in the AM before the wedding. Woof. lol
I see what you did there.. working arms before seeing the wifey... ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see what you did there.. working arms before seeing the wifey... ;)
Haha not the purpose, but definitely not a bad thing ;)

The DOMS have been unbearable (seriously bad), so I haven't lifted since Friday. I'll be in there tomorrow for sure. Really not a fan of this. I never used to get this unless I took a break from working out for a while or otherwise the DOMS last for maybe the day after. Ugh.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha not the purpose, but definitely not a bad thing ;)

The DOMS have been unbearable (seriously bad), so I haven't lifted since Friday. I'll be in there tomorrow for sure. Really not a fan of this. I never used to get this unless I took a break from working out for a while or otherwise the DOMS last for maybe the day after. Ugh.

I did walking lunges at the gym yesterday for eghh..40 mins with around 100lbs.. tons and tons of sets.. my ass hurts so bad today.. i scream everytime i have to sit down, putting my socks on was pure hell.

Mike

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did walking lunges at the gym yesterday for eghh..40 mins with around 100lbs.. tons and tons of sets.. my ass hurts so bad today.. i scream everytime i have to sit down, putting my socks on was pure hell.

Mike
Yeah, that doesn't sound pleasant at all.

Worst I ever did was not train legs for a few months and then hit them as hard as I would have before hand one night (because the weight felt light) and I couldn't walk right for well over a week. The worst part was I was working construction and I couldn't even put pressure on a shovel head to dig. It was really bad.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PR'ed on overhead presses, again: 360x6

Hit 90's for 3 sets of 8 on DB side laterals and it felt really easy -- no rocking at all; all delts.

Triceps were still incredibly sore (right one extremely); still managed to hit some great numbers (all increases).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the bright side, triceps don't seem to be as sore today and no DOMS in the delts, yet. Traps are a bit sore, but not bad (and nothing more than I'd expect from 430x4x6 on shrugs).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Done with the Compete (I have my own tub that I'll be getting back into), so I'll get my final review up, soon.

PR'ed on deads, tonight with 510x6. Hit 510x5 a year ago and this is the best I've done, since. I easily could have pulled more reps, but 6 was the cap I was shooting for.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and if any of you iForce reps ever have some extra Compete you want to trade (since it can last a bit longer, depending on how it's dosed, and it wouldn't be dipping into what you're using), hit me up. :cool2:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Review:

Compete:

Taste: 9/10

I bought the tangerine and really love it and got to try out the fruit punch on this run. It's very good, as well, but both have a hint of cardboard/popsickle stick taste to them (you can also smell it when you open the containers). If there's a way to get rid of that, this is a 10 for sure, but it also won't keep me from purchasing it.

Mixability: 8/10

This isn't too bad, but as I'd mentioned, some of it tends to clump up and sink (and then often stick) to the bottom. I mix it in a half-gallon of water, so there's no shortage of water there. Again, not something that will keep me from using this, but certainly enough to notice and be somewhat annoying.

Overall: 9/10

The two minor issues are the only things that would keep me from ranking this a 10/10. It's really a great product and I love using it intra-workout and don't want to go back to just BCAAs, again. 10g BCAAs along with my pre-workout supplement(s) and Compete intra is amazing. Really solid product here (dosed at 2 scoops).

Hemavol:

Taste: 10/10

Really quality stuff. I still haven't tried the watermelon, but I really don't care for watermelon. The lemon is a very good flavor and I don't see any way to improve it. Top Notch.

Mixability: 10/10

No issues with mixabilitiy on this one. I opt for a minimal amount of water with pre-workouts, generally, and this one wasn't grainy/gritty and leaving a ton of foam at the end.

Overall: 10/10

As mentioned above, there's nothing to complain about. I think this is an amazing, top-tier pre-workout when dosed at 2 scoops (mainly to get that amount of citrulline malate in; and I add about 3g extra to it, myself). Sometimes I like to stack with some caffeine or something like Focus-XT to get the minimal caffeine and then some ALC and other goodies in. Very great profile on this.

Stack: 9/10

The only reasons I'm not giving this a 10/10 are the marginal reasons mentioned above about Compete. Like I said, they're not enough to keep me from using Compete, but enough that they need to be mentioned, because if they're fixed, this thing is flawless. Great pre-workout + great intra-workout = amazing combination. There's not much else to add, other than that I truly enjoy this combination and will continue to use Compete for the foreseeable future.

Thank you to iForce for the chance to run this stack!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Great final review, you had a good run.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Awesome final review. Try using really cold water for the compete. I never noticed it sticking the the bottom, yeah there is some settling but I guess it depends on how often you drink it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome final review. Try using really cold water for the compete. I never noticed it sticking the the bottom, yeah there is some settling but I guess it depends on how often you drink it.
Always use cold water and it's really just for the first 10-15 minutes after it's been mixed. I just have to shake it every minute or two for that first stretch of 10-15 minutes and it's fine. Like I said, it's not terrible, but those couple very minor issues, if resolved, would leave me with literally nothing to complain about with this product lol.

This is why I said if anyone ever has any to trade, I'd love to hear ;)