My Compete + HemaVol Stack Log (Sponsored)

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Ha, no crazy weekend; just busy. Had less than a beer at the wedding. It was a great time.

Spent all day at another childhood friend's with his wife and parents. Haven't seen him since I stayed with him in Hawaii last May and he wasn't supposed to be back here, still. He and his wife spent the last 7 months traveling the world and have been back in IL with family before moving out to Cali. We fried a ton of fish for dinner and it was awesome.

Hitting the gym tomorrow.
    You not a drinker? I dont think I could make it at a wedding without getting a little buzzed...

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Ha, no crazy weekend; just busy. Had less than a beer at the wedding. It was a great time.

Spent all day at another childhood friend's with his wife and parents. Haven't seen him since I stayed with him in Hawaii last May and he wasn't supposed to be back here, still. He and his wife spent the last 7 months traveling the world and have been back in IL with family before moving out to Cali. We fried a ton of fish for dinner and it was awesome.

Hitting the gym tomorrow.
    damn, less than a beer at a wedding is impressive haha, way to stay the course.

looking forward to more updates
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    damn, less than a beer at a wedding is impressive haha, way to stay the course.

looking forward to more updates
    true dat.

i was drunk long before dinner was even served at Vaughn's wedding
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Guess the Bachelor party wasn't in the mix. Lol
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop

You not a drinker? I dont think I could make it at a wedding without getting a little buzzed...
    I essentially don't drink. In college I went 2 spans of a year without drinking and usually go months in between. My parents don't drink and I'm looking to give it up for good eventually.

Had an awesome HVT arm day, today. Driving back to KY in the morning. Once I'm home I'll give full updates for both lifting days.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

All right, got back to KY about an hour ago.

Depending on how work goes, tomorrow, I'll be hitting the gym in the afternoon. I'll also take an update the past workouts whenever I get a chance, too.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I essentially don't drink. In college I went 2 spans of a year without drinking and usually go months in between. My parents don't drink and I'm looking to give it up for good eventually.

Had an awesome HVT arm day, today. Driving back to KY in the morning. Once I'm home I'll give full updates for both lifting days.
    I'm the same as you bro, I don't drink either. The only time I ever drank in college, was senior year when me and my girlfriend broke up for 3 months. It didn't take me long to start hating it haha. I drank the most, when I was in high school.

Mike
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.09%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I'm the same as you bro, I don't drink either. The only time I ever drank in college, was senior year when me and my girlfriend broke up for 3 months. It didn't take me long to start hating it haha. I drank the most, when I was in high school.

Mike
    What kind of life can you live without beer. Just.. doesnt.. no
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    What kind of life can you live without beer. Just.. doesnt.. no
    Haha I'm just happier without it.

I experimented a bit in high school and I'm glad I did it back then; it made college way less of a transition and I didn't go nuts. For me, though, it's just how I was raised and I don't need lowered inhibitions. I'm really looking forward to having the medical stuff resolved, though, because I'd always viewed alcohol as empty calories and that's far easier to do when it actually makes a difference whether you drink or not, ya know?

I didn't end up hitting the gym, today. Work was very hectic and it's my birthday, so I spent some time with my girlfriend, this evening and will just hit the gym hard, tomorrow and get back on track.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Well Happy Birthday young man!! Go out and enjoy yourself.
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.55%

I experimented a bit in high school and I'm glad I did it back then; it made college way less of a transition and I didn't go nuts. For me, though, it's just how I was raised and I don't need lowered inhibitions. I'm really looking forward to having the medical stuff resolved, though, because I'd always viewed alcohol as empty calories and that's far easier to do when it actually makes a difference whether you drink or not, ya know?

I didn't end up hitting the gym, today. Work was very hectic and it's my birthday, so I spent some time with my girlfriend, this evening and will just hit the gym hard, tomorrow and get back on track.
    Happy birthday brother enjoy it

12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

Thanks, guys.

I've managed to unwind a bit, this evening and that was nice after the headache that returning to work, today was lol. About to go to bed and looking forward to getting back to routine (hopefully), tomorrow.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.1%

always good to take time off and have great balance in your life. hope you enjoyed your birthday bro
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

All right, so mixed bag of feelings about today's workout.

It was high volume leg day and I always like to push on this day (first one in just over a month, too). I was gunning for 1,200 reps and ended up with a little over 1,000.

I strained my right calf on my 12th set of calf extensions and I actually pushed a few reps, but then wised up and decided to call it quits so I didn't set myself back too far/long.

Pre-workout: 2 scoops Hemavol, 2g ALCAR, 200mg caffeine, 1g tyrosine, 1g choline citrate and then 2 scoops MBCAA.

Intra-workout: 2 scoops Compete

Leg Extensions: 115x25/130x25/145x25/160x25/165x20/150x20/135x25/120x25/115x25/110x25/105x25/100x25/95x25/95x25/95x25/95x25

Seated Leg Curls: 80x25/85x25/90x25/95x25/100x25/105x25/105x25/110x25/115x25/120x25/120x25/110x25/105x25/100x25/95x25/95x25

Seated Calf Extensions: 140x25/155x25/170x25/185x25/200x25/215x25/215x25/210x25/210x25/205x50/205x15
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

And to recap the 2 workouts I had back in IL over the weekend (Friday and Monday):

Back Max-OT:

Underhand Lat Pulldowns: (warm-up: 150x6/200x4) 250x6/260x6/270x6

Seated Rows: 230x8/260x8/290x8

Deadlifts: 315x6/365x6/375x1+4*

*Pressure of my quads against my stomach almost made me puke, so that's why I set it down after the first rep for a few seconds and went straight into the next 4

Not very impressed with my deadlift numbers. Lately, I've been using a Nautilus Xpload machine for deads so I can get a nice 45 degree grip and go overhand on both, but this was just traditional. I really need to start focusing on grip strength. My back and legs can easily pull more, but it's my hands that crap out on me (grip and then blistered up pretty badly; stopped wearing gloves a few months back after wearing them for my entire life of lifting).

Arms HVT:

Olympic Bar Curls: 75x25/75x25/75x25/75x25

Solo DB Hammer Curls (@ Preacher Station): 20x25/20x25/20x25/20x25

Solo Overhead Cable Ring Curls: 27.5x25/27.5x25/21.5x25/21.5x25

Solo Tri Ring Pushdowns: 49.5x25/60.5x25/60.5x25/49.5x25

Solo Tri Ring Reverse Curls: 27.5x25/27.5x25/27.5x25/27.5x25

Solo Overhead DB Tri Extensions: 25x25/20x25/20x25/20x25

Very happy with this one; ridiculous pumps and some nice increases on a few lifts from the previous HVT arm session (just over a month before).
  16. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

i spent an entire winter one year with a tennis ball in my hand working on grip. the old weight tied to a dumbell bar works good too, imo.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

Farmers Walks will get them as well
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Farmers Walks will get them as well
    I suck at them.. my grip is terrible. I can't even do 1 pullup without straps, but can bang out a ton with em! If i forget my straps, i dont train back

Mike
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.55%

I suck at them.. my grip is terrible. I can't even do 1 pullup without straps, but can bang out a ton with em! If i forget my straps, i dont train back

Mike
    I'm glad my gym sells straps bc I'm the same way. I used to be real big into grip strength but I noticed the more I worked on my grip the more I would drop stuff... Like my cell phone. Started using straps and I stopped dropping stuff.

20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    I'm glad my gym sells straps bc I'm the same way. I used to be real big into grip strength but I noticed the more I worked on my grip the more I would drop stuff... Like my cell phone. Started using straps and I stopped dropping stuff.
    my biggest problem: my gym doesnt allow chalk, ghey as fawk.........i usually have to wrap up for just about everything because all the grips are worn + sweaty hands = my back doesnt get as much work as it could becasue the bar keeps slipping from my hands.
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

It's been a slow progresion for me with my grip strength. I used to strap up for everything as well but now I only do for the last heavy DL set. I just feel a better mind/muscle connection when I am gripping the heck out of the bar.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.84%

Mike
    Loudy doesnt use straps
    Loudy doesnt use gloves
    Loudy get rough hands now and then
    so therefore...
    Loudy's forearms > Mike's

:P

Ever thought about a few weeks "high reps" for back so wont need straps for a little while?

Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    do you use a strap to eat your tacos and hotdogs too?

Im not a drinker either...Unless its a bachelor party, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or other related events Loudy gets really Rowdy
    IForce Nutrition online forum/message board rep
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.1%

Quote Originally Posted by Loudy Rowdy View Post
    Loudy doesnt use straps
    Loudy doesnt use gloves
    Loudy get rough hands now and then
    so therefore...
    Loudy's forearms > Mike's

:P

Ever thought about a few weeks "high reps" for back so wont need straps for a little while?

do you use a strap to eat your tacos and hotdogs too?

Im not a drinker either...Unless its a bachelor party, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or other related events Loudy gets really Rowdy
    I take my straps with me when I go grocery shopping

Nothing wrong with using straps :P lol
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

Weekend ended up being pretty busy; the girlfriend and I took off for Indianapolis and stayed up there to hit the Linkin Park concert. My buddy from high school works for the band doing marketing/web stuff for them and got us hooked up to meet the band and even upgraded us to some really awesome seats.

I'll be hitting delts/traps for HVT after I get out of the office, today.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Weekend ended up being pretty busy; the girlfriend and I took off for Indianapolis and stayed up there to hit the Linkin Park concert. My buddy from high school works for the band doing marketing/web stuff for them and got us hooked up to meet the band and even upgraded us to some really awesome seats.

LOVE LP!! How awesome was it? Did you give them some Compete to try during their set? Lmao
    Getting PUMPED with iForce Compete + Hemavol!!!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/208823-getting-pumped-iforce.html
  26. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

your weekend >>> my weekend
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

Quote Originally Posted by mnowak1228 View Post
    LOVE LP!! How awesome was it? Did you give them some Compete to try during their set? Lmao
    It was way too cool, man. I had to miss Incubus's set to meet them, but that was worth it. The good thing was we still got to our seats in time to hear their last song, which was Aqueous Transmission (and I love that song--very chill). LP played for about 2 hours, which was great, too. The whole thing was awesome, but my favorite (if I had to pick) was probably when they transitioned into a rendition of Sabotage in the middle of Bleed it Out. And during Burn it Down, they had flames on the stage and you could feel the heat coming off of them where we sat.

That's funny about the Compete; I doubt they'd take anything from me, although I could probably give it to my buddy who works for them and have him ask them if they were interested. If anyone could use it, it was Chester. He was all over the place and jumping off of speakers lol.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

It was way too cool, man. I had to miss Incubus's set to meet them, but that was worth it. The good thing was we still got to our seats in time to hear their last song, which was Aqueous Transmission (and I love that song--very chill). LP played for about 2 hours, which was great, too. The whole thing was awesome, but my favorite (if I had to pick) was probably when they transitioned into a rendition of Sabotage in the middle of Bleed it Out. And during Burn it Down, they had flames on the stage and you could feel the heat coming off of them where we sat.

That's funny about the Compete; I doubt they'd take anything from me, although I could probably give it to my buddy who works for them and have him ask them if they were interested. If anyone could use it, it was Chester. He was all over the place and jumping off of speakers lol.
    I got chills just reading this....Id love to take my 13yr old son to see them!!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/208823-getting-pumped-iforce.html
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

I got chills just reading this....Id love to take my 13yr old son to see them!!
    Not sure where you live, but I was really impressed with the venue. It's an outdoor setup, but the stage and then all the seats are covered by a ceiling. From the stage, it V's out and then after the seats, you've got a general admission lawn that wraps around the back edge. They had a huge screen up behind the stage and we were close enough to see everyone in detail, but LP had a lot of cool graphics and stuff built into a lot of the songs on top of just showing video of them, too.

I haven't been to many rock/alternative concerts, but I have been to enough shows in general to know when someone puts on a good set and LP was amazing. It was a great blend of the old stuff and some of the newer stuff. I think they played 3 or 4 songs off of Living Things, but it was great.

They only have a couple songs that swear, so that's a plus, too (I'm not big on swearing, and then plus if you were taking a kid, that's great). The worst in that regard is probably when they do When They Come for Me.

It's crazy to see all the different types of people that they draw in. I'm kind of awkward at concerts, anyway, because I don't get drunk and/or dance like crazy, but I tend to just kind of rock a little bit and then sing some of the songs, but not all of them. I just love the music and then the feel of the show. But there were the obvious people you'd expect, a lot of younger people, which was cool (Hybrid Theory probably came out when a lot of them were like 3 lol). There was a guy and his wife a few rows in front of us and he was rocking khaki shorts, a tucked in polo and a comb-over (kind of looked like Coach K lol), and then there was a bigger, older guy who had white hair and a beard who had a slew of young women around him that he was dancing with. It's just cool to see how diverse their fans are.
  30. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.87%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    It's been a slow progresion for me with my grip strength. I used to strap up for everything as well but now I only do for the last heavy DL set. I just feel a better mind/muscle connection when I am gripping the heck out of the bar.
    Yeh. Then u hands kina cramp in a grip position and it takes a sec to losen them up
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

Just got home from the gym. The forearm pump is ridiculous.

Delts/Traps HVT

Solo Reverse Cable Flys 40x25 / 40x25 / 40x25 / 40x25
    DB Side Lateral Raises: 50's x 25 / 50's x 25 / 50's x 25 / 50's x 25
    Overhead DB Press: 40's x 25 / 40's x 25 / 40's x 20+5 / 40's x 20+5

Solo Cable Ring Side Shrugs: 190x25 / 190x50 / 190x50 / 190x50 / 190x50
    DB Shrugs: 100's x 25 / 100's x 25 / 100's x 25 / 100's x 25

The trap work really got the forearms popping. I bumped up the side shrugs to doing 50 reps and that was nuts. Made a lot of increases from my last HVT delts/traps day and didn't downslide on anything.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.14%

Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    I take my straps with me when I go grocery shopping

Nothing wrong with using straps :P lol
    Pfft, straps. I take Hemavol when I go grocery shopping. Dem veins as I walk home with my stuff....
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

One thing I wanted to mention before I forget - it's not a big deal, but it is something I've noticed. I mix my Compete in a half-gallon jug of water and you can see it clump a bit as it hits the water and then sinks to the bottom and if you don't keep shaking it without letting it set for 2 minutes or so, it'll stick to the bottom. I always shake up my intras, but it's a bit annoying having to keep grabbing it and shaking it more to ensure that it doesn't clump up and stick to the bottom. I generally have to do this over the course of about 15 minutes or so (so I have to mix it earlier than I normally do before the gym, or I have to pick it up out of the passenger seat and shake it while I'm driving to the gym lol).
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Loudy Rowdy View Post
    Yea right, I look fly as hell in my straps.. i wear em for chest day to
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

Yea right, I look fly as hell in my straps.. i wear em for chest day to
    I wear mine on the treadmill...
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

One thing I wanted to mention before I forget - it's not a big deal, but it is something I've noticed. I mix my Compete in a half-gallon jug of water and you can see it clump a bit as it hits the water and then sinks to the bottom and if you don't keep shaking it without letting it set for 2 minutes or so, it'll stick to the bottom. I always shake up my intras, but it's a bit annoying having to keep grabbing it and shaking it more to ensure that it doesn't clump up and stick to the bottom. I generally have to do this over the course of about 15 minutes or so (so I have to mix it earlier than I normally do before the gym, or I have to pick it up out of the passenger seat and shake it while I'm driving to the gym lol).
    Ive had this also, but only if Im not using my blender bottle. Just squeeze the blender ball into the half gallon jug!! Lmao
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Ive had this also, but only if Im not using my blender bottle. Just squeeze the blender ball into the half gallon jug!! Lmao
    i was gonna say the same thing.......with my blender bottle, no real issues, but when i put compete in a gallon jug for my softball games i deff notice a little more "settling" at the bottom
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  38. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.87%

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus

i was gonna say the same thing.......with my blender bottle, no real issues, but when i put compete in a gallon jug for my softball games i deff notice a little more "settling" at the bottom
    I give it a quick shake before every sip. It really isn't a bother.
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%

Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    I give it a quick shake before every sip. It really isn't a bother.
    The only bad thing is if I put the scoops in, shake it up, set it down and say I go upstairs to change for the gym or have to do something before I leave, it'll be stuck to the bottom by the time I come back. It doesn't matter how much you shake at that point, it's not moving (and I'm not really keen on trying to take the lid off and shove a knife or something down in there to get it loose lol).

Like I said, it's a very minor issue, but I wanted to mention it because I didn't know if in the future there was an ingredient that could be added at a low enough cost to justify it and possibly help in the dissolving/not clumping/settling.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.09%

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    Would the temperature of the water affect the settling?
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    www.iforcenutrition.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. TonyGT's Compete + HemaVol Stack Log (Sponsored)
    By TonyGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 11:20 PM
  2. starting my lg ultimate stack log
    By lindo in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
  3. My hyperpumps/Nocturnabol review/log! (sponsored)
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 08:28 AM
  4. My Kitchen Sink Stack... Log it?
    By Soccer00 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 12:11 AM
  5. XFMFX Poops Super Stack Log (sponsored)
    By poopypants in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 11:47 PM