1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

In! Nice log so far Ben.

I'm 2 weeks into SS2 and really liking it. Keeping me very dry on a moderate carb diet and keeps me very dry after high carb/high gi cheat meals. Also bringing my fasting glucose down as well. SS2=Solid Stuff!
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.12%

In! Nice log so far Ben.

I'm 2 weeks into SS2 and really liking it. Keeping me very dry on a moderate carb diet and keeps me very dry after high carb/high gi cheat meals. Also bringing my fasting glucose down as well. SS2=Solid Stuff!
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I have been using various dosing schemes to experiment with it.

I have been having some fairly serious GI problems since starting it. I am going to take today off from it completely to see if they subside.

Training split at the moment is chest and biceps, back and triceps, legs, cardio, repeat.

Will train back and triceps in about an hour. Training is going really well. I need to find out how I can use Slin Sane without being on the toilet for 30 minutes.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   

4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc

I have been having some fairly serious GI problems since starting it. I am going to take today off from it completely to see if they subside.

Training split at the moment is chest and biceps, back and triceps, legs, cardio, repeat.

Will train back and triceps in about an hour. Training is going really well. I need to find out how I can use Slin Sane without being on the toilet for 30 minutes.
    U fit shoulders in?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I don't do any direct shoulder training other than movements where it is a synergist. I put overhead pressing exercises in with chest days. Perhaps I should say "push and biceps" instead.

Occasionally I might put a form of lateral raises in a programme but very sporadically
    PES Representative
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

What do you think the GI issue is from? Have you had this before with the other GDA products you have used? I noticed you are also taking Natadrol and Alphamine. Did these just begin usage as well?
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.12%

I would get this too when first starting banaba products. I find it subsides rather quickly after continuous use.

It has some type of anti bacterial properties which I believe causes this.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    In! Nice log so far Ben.

I thought you were in already. I didn't say welcome to you- how rude.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    What do you think the GI issue is from? Have you had this before with the other GDA products you have used? I noticed you are also taking Natadrol and Alphamine. Did these just begin usage as well?
    This is about my 7th bottle of Natadrol over the past three years. I have never had GI issues from it. I have just finished my second bottle of Natadrol in this run at 8 caps per day so I have been on it for a month.

Alphamine I am near the bottom of my first tub. No GI issues on it since I started a couple of weeks ago.

The only GDA I have had GI issues with contained berberine.

I would get this too when first starting banaba products. I find it subsides rather quickly after continuous use.

I have taken today off. I will evaluate tomorrow and go from there.
    PES Representative
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Gotcha, that eliminates those 2 from the equation then.
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.87%

anyone have thoughts on taking this with a halo cycle?
    Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

Day off from training today. I have decided to have another day away from Slin Sane as I spent over half an hour on the toilet this morning. It has felt better as the day has gone on but I am definitely not as regular as I was. My stomach is looking bloated.

Quote Originally Posted by tilldeath View Post
    anyone have thoughts on taking this with a halo cycle?
    I am definitely the wrong person to ask lol.
    PES Representative
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.52%

Day off from training today. I have decided to have another day away from Slin Sane as I spent over half an hour on the toilet this morning. It has felt better as the day has gone on but I am definitely not as regular as I was. My stomach is looking bloated.

I am definitely the wrong person to ask lol.
    Damn man I'm hearing this issue with a lot of people. Stomach irritation was my prob with v1.

A gda is good with anything to the other guy!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  13. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.96%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Dewey had some definite GI issues it seems in his log. I was going to ask what ingredient we thought may be causing this, but looks like you might already be ahead of the game. May do a bit more research on this later with regards to the banaba.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.56%

I am interested about the GI issues. Personally GDAs are rough with my stomach and I have no issues @ 3 caps a day, I eat a lot of carbs though.

Do you feel constipated or is it more like blowing the toilet up? Has it passed with a few days break?
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

Two main things. One is constipation and the other is spasms. It isn't that I can't defecate but it isn't as regular as it usually is and when I sit on the toilet it takes a lot longer to finish instead of coming out in one movement.

Berberine is the only ingredient I have struggled with in any GDAs I have used to date. The side effects from that were worse. This I could continue but it is uncomfortable whereas berberine made me feel horrible until I got used to it after a recommendation from Ike (strategicmove).

I have had two days off from it fully and bowel movements are normalising. I will probably test again tomorrow post workout. Although this isn't how I intended to use it I just want to be able to make sure I can take it. I will stick with one capsule for now.
    PES Representative
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.56%

How many carbs do you think your following SS with?
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.75%

I have never had a stomach issue with either version. But I also don't normally eat low carb. Occasionally if I don't have enough in carbs my problem is similar to yours, but it always balances it out once I get my diet in check again. Interested in seeing what you do with this. I am also interested in seeing what your diet has been.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Two main things. One is constipation and the other is spasms. It isn't that I can't defecate but it isn't as regular as it usually is and when I sit on the toilet it takes a lot longer to finish instead of coming out in one movement.

Berberine is the only ingredient I have struggled with in any GDAs I have used to date. The side effects from that were worse. This I could continue but it is uncomfortable whereas berberine made me feel horrible until I got used to it after a recommendation from Ike (strategicmove).

I have had two days off from it fully and bowel movements are normalising. I will probably test again tomorrow post workout. Although this isn't how I intended to use it I just want to be able to make sure I can take it. I will stick with one capsule for now.
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  18. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

I take over 100g post workout when I have used two capsules.
    Pre workout I have been using around 50g with one capsule

I have used this dose previously without SSv2 and have had no GI issues with it except slight temporary bloating following the large carb and water intake.
    PES Representative
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

Quote Originally Posted by sawa3 View Post
    I have never had a stomach issue with either version. But I also don't normally eat low carb. Occasionally if I don't have enough in carbs my problem is similar to yours, but it always balances it out once I get my diet in check again. Interested in seeing what you do with this. I am also interested in seeing what your diet has been.
    My diet is essentially meat, fish, eggs, vegetables and nuts. The only things I use SSv2 with are WMS which I use post workout (sometimes pre as well) and on a cheat day where I ate large amounts of rice, gluten free cereal and dark chocolate.
    PES Representative
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.56%

Your diet is obviously together. I figured it was very consistent. I am interested to see how you feel with SS before the 100g meal.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.56%

Hm I always eat low glycemic index carbs with SS. I have never used WMS at all. I wouldn't think it would cause any issues.
  22. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

In the short term I have suffered no ill effects of it. It just seems to have accumulated up from being slightly less regular to my stomach bloating and now feeling tender along with mild spasms.

Now I have had a couple of days off it still feels a little tender. This is very rare for me, I am meticulous with eating and never have unplanned cheat meals. I never drink alcohol or carbonated drinks and rarely make any significant changes. So far the only thing I have done is implemented carbs pre workout as well which I haven't done for a few months.

I might get some psyllium husk powder and see if it helps.
    PES Representative
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.75%

I do have to say I always take digestive enzymes too. it helps me. is the fiber intake up if you just upped your carbs a bit?

In the short term I have suffered no ill effects of it. It just seems to have accumulated up from being slightly less regular to my stomach bloating and now feeling tender along with mild spasms.

Now I have had a couple of days off it still feels a little tender. This is very rare for me, I am meticulous with eating and never have unplanned cheat meals. I never drink alcohol or carbonated drinks and rarely make any significant changes. So far the only thing I have done is implemented carbs pre workout as well which I haven't done for a few months.

I might get some psyllium husk powder and see if it helps.
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MM11
    I am interested about the GI issues. Personally GDAs are rough with my stomach and I have no issues @ 3 caps a day, I eat a lot of carbs though.

Do you feel constipated or is it more like blowing the toilet up? Has it passed with a few days break?
    How many carbs are you taking in per day?
    Just asking to compare with the logs of what amount of carbs the others are using.
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

Quote Originally Posted by sawa3 View Post
    I do have to say I always take digestive enzymes too. it helps me. is the fiber intake up if you just upped your carbs a bit?
    I have tried to keep the number of variables as low as possible for objective logging. The only thing I have added in is WMS pre workout so I can dose SSv2 with it. Apart from that I have been dosing with meals that I eat normally.

Here are my options. Add in fibre (I have extensive past use of psyllium husks so know what dose to use and how I react) and resume dosing, add in fibre and hold off on dosing until my stomach normalises or continue with my short break and resume once I feel normal again without the use of additional supplemental fibre.

I am open to suggestions from anyone who has used it i.e. how long they had GI problems, how quickly they subsided etc.
    PES Representative
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.12%

I have tried to keep the number of variables as low as possible for objective logging. The only thing I have added in is WMS pre workout so I can dose SSv2 with it. Apart from that I have been dosing with meals that I eat normally.

Here are my options. Add in fibre (I have extensive past use of psyllium husks so know what dose to use and how I react) and resume dosing, add in fibre and hold off on dosing until my stomach normalises or continue with my short break and resume once I feel normal again without the use of additional supplemental fibre.

I am open to suggestions from anyone who has used it i.e. how long they had GI problems, how quickly they subsided etc.
    I would just hold off on it until your stomach gets back to normal. Then add it back in, one per day to start, then two +. Basically start from scratch and go from there.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

I have taken a couple of more days without Slin Sane.

My stomach feels close to normal. I will try it again to tomorrow and see how things go.

Training is going well at the moment. Legs yesterday and chest and biceps today. I will try SSv2 post workout tomorrow.
    PES Representative
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%

My stomach feels close to normal. I will try it again to tomorrow and see how things go.

Training is going well at the moment. Legs yesterday and chest and biceps today. I will try SSv2 post workout tomorrow.
    Glad you are feeling better pal.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.9%

Glad things are normalizing. SSV2 caused some digestive issues with me to, but they don't really seem similar. I have kept taking it got better with time and isn't serious.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.27%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Awesome that your doing well now and just take it day by day on SSv2
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  31. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.36%

I haven't experienced stomach issues either. However I rarely consume 100g or over unless its a cheat meal in which I have yet to see any stomach issues. Slight muscle spasm at the beginning but thats about it. Another thing to note as well is that i don't normally go above 1 servings at a time. I may have missed it BDCC because I can't normally scan the forums anymore but are you using 2 caps per serving? If so try dropping down to 1 cap per serving on a regular.

GDA's are funny in that they in most cases people experience the same results but there is a small percentage of users that react differently. I remember even with SS1 we had someone complain of extreme stomach issues. In fact I think it was in a Amazon review if I remember correctly lol. Thats why these logs are so important. SSV2 is a huge seller and we haven't received any complaint so I may need to offer a few more logging opportunities to get a better idea on how its affecting the average person.

I will say this that it is much stronger than V1 so if there was any sensitivity with V1 I can image V2 being a little harsher.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.52%

Quote Originally Posted by GENOMYX
    I haven't experienced stomach issues either. However I rarely consume 100g or over unless its a cheat meal in which I have yet to see any stomach issues. Slight muscle spasm at the beginning but thats about it. Another thing to note as well is that i don't normally go above 1 servings at a time. I may have missed it BDCC because I can't normally scan the forums anymore but are you using 2 caps per serving? If so try dropping down to 1 cap per serving on a regular.

GDA's are funny in that they in most cases people experience the same results but there is a small percentage of users that react differently. I remember even with SS1 we had someone complain of extreme stomach issues. In fact I think it was in a Amazon review if I remember correctly lol. Thats why these logs are so important. SSV2 is a huge seller and we haven't received any complaint so I may need to offer a few more logging opportunities to get a better idea on how its affecting the average person.

I will say this that it is much stronger than V1 so if there was any sensitivity with V1 I can image V2 being a little harsher.
    This is what worries me is that V1 gave me slight stomach issues on occasion. Was not consistent but I can only imagine if it was stronger.. Still will probably give it a shot though.
    PES Representative
  33. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.36%

LivetoLift, if you do end up purchasing it please let me or the reps know so we can monitor your experience closely.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.52%

Quote Originally Posted by GENOMYX
    LivetoLift, if you do end up purchasing it please let me or the reps know so we can monitor your experience closely.
    Will do.
    PES Representative
  35. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

Still on time off. I will try dosing one capsule tomorrow and see what happens.
    PES Representative
  36. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

Ok, I took one capsule post workout after a few days off to assess tolerance. My GI symptoms seemed to accumulate last time before I decided I needed to scale it back.

One capsule about 12 hours ago. Since then I have gone back to the usual stomach spasms, flatulence and inconsistent bowel movements. Waking up in the night because you need to go to the toilet is frustrating.

I am struggling with this one. Genomyx reps, if there is someone you want me to send this to I will do so off my own back. I don't know what I can do to make it more tolerable when I get side effects from taking just one capsule.
    PES Representative
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.9%

Ok, I took one capsule post workout after a few days off to assess tolerance. My GI symptoms seemed to accumulate last time before I decided I needed to scale it back.

One capsule about 12 hours ago. Since then I have gone back to the usual stomach spasms, flatulence and inconsistent bowel movements. Waking up in the night because you need to go to the toilet is frustrating.

I am struggling with this one. Genomyx reps, if there is someone you want me to send this to I will do so off my own back. I don't know what I can do to make it more tolerable when I get side effects from taking just one capsule.
    That really sucks but at least you are honest and have tried from your end. I guess this is a prime example of products affecting different people in different ways.
  38. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.36%

Sorry bdc. Unfortunately it sounds like this isn't a supplement for you. It happens. Everyone is different. We all appreciate you taking the time to review SSV2. At this point I would also suggest you stop. No worries brother. Up to you what you want to do with the bottle.
  39. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

It has got to the point where I have stopped wanting to take it. I know people say that their symptoms subside past a certain point but I am at one capsule and getting enough GI distress to have to spread my doses out by days rather than hours.

I like the profile and wish I could continue taking it but I am not able to implement it as I would like i.e. pre workout and with more consistent carb meals in the evening because I am fearful that one will hinder my workout and the other will hinder my sleep.

I might be able to take it side effect free at some point but the possibility is that I will have a week left of the product to truly experiment with the dosage instead of playing it safe like I am now.
    PES Representative
  40. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.15%

Quote Originally Posted by GENOMYX View Post
    Sorry bdc. Unfortunately it sounds like this isn't a supplement for you. It happens. Everyone is different. We all appreciate you taking the time to review SSV2. At this point I would also suggest you stop. No worries brother. Up to you what you want to do with the bottle.
    Thanks Armando. If you find me someone who wants to continue logging it I will ship it to them. I can count the capsules up, I estimate half a bottle left.
    PES Representative

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hurry, hurry, hurry! Slin-Sane v2 loggers... step right up!
    By Smitty77 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 12:25 AM
  2. Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 01:52 PM
  3. Transformation time with Forged Burner+Slin-Sane (log)
    By mmacrazy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 04:33 PM
  4. Replies: 340
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 11:01 PM