BDCC's Slin Sane v2 Log

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day off from training today. I have decided to have another day away from Slin Sane as I spent over half an hour on the toilet this morning. It has felt better as the day has gone on but I am definitely not as regular as I was. My stomach is looking bloated.

anyone have thoughts on taking this with a halo cycle?
I am definitely the wrong person to ask lol.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day off from training today. I have decided to have another day away from Slin Sane as I spent over half an hour on the toilet this morning. It has felt better as the day has gone on but I am definitely not as regular as I was. My stomach is looking bloated.

I am definitely the wrong person to ask lol.
Damn man I'm hearing this issue with a lot of people. Stomach irritation was my prob with v1.

A gda is good with anything to the other guy!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would get this too when first starting banaba products. I find it subsides rather quickly after continuous use.

It has some type of anti bacterial properties which I believe causes this.
Dewey had some definite GI issues it seems in his log. I was going to ask what ingredient we thought may be causing this, but looks like you might already be ahead of the game. May do a bit more research on this later with regards to the banaba.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I am interested about the GI issues. Personally GDAs are rough with my stomach and I have no issues @ 3 caps a day, I eat a lot of carbs though.

Do you feel constipated or is it more like blowing the toilet up? Has it passed with a few days break?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Two main things. One is constipation and the other is spasms. It isn't that I can't defecate but it isn't as regular as it usually is and when I sit on the toilet it takes a lot longer to finish instead of coming out in one movement.

Berberine is the only ingredient I have struggled with in any GDAs I have used to date. The side effects from that were worse. This I could continue but it is uncomfortable whereas berberine made me feel horrible until I got used to it after a recommendation from Ike (strategicmove).

I have had two days off from it fully and bowel movements are normalising. I will probably test again tomorrow post workout. Although this isn't how I intended to use it I just want to be able to make sure I can take it. I will stick with one capsule for now.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
How many carbs do you think your following SS with?

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
I have never had a stomach issue with either version. But I also don't normally eat low carb. Occasionally if I don't have enough in carbs my problem is similar to yours, but it always balances it out once I get my diet in check again. Interested in seeing what you do with this. I am also interested in seeing what your diet has been.

Two main things. One is constipation and the other is spasms. It isn't that I can't defecate but it isn't as regular as it usually is and when I sit on the toilet it takes a lot longer to finish instead of coming out in one movement.

Berberine is the only ingredient I have struggled with in any GDAs I have used to date. The side effects from that were worse. This I could continue but it is uncomfortable whereas berberine made me feel horrible until I got used to it after a recommendation from Ike (strategicmove).

I have had two days off from it fully and bowel movements are normalising. I will probably test again tomorrow post workout. Although this isn't how I intended to use it I just want to be able to make sure I can take it. I will stick with one capsule for now.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take over 100g post workout when I have used two capsules.
Pre workout I have been using around 50g with one capsule

I have used this dose previously without SSv2 and have had no GI issues with it except slight temporary bloating following the large carb and water intake.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never had a stomach issue with either version. But I also don't normally eat low carb. Occasionally if I don't have enough in carbs my problem is similar to yours, but it always balances it out once I get my diet in check again. Interested in seeing what you do with this. I am also interested in seeing what your diet has been.
My diet is essentially meat, fish, eggs, vegetables and nuts. The only things I use SSv2 with are WMS which I use post workout (sometimes pre as well) and on a cheat day where I ate large amounts of rice, gluten free cereal and dark chocolate.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Your diet is obviously together. I figured it was very consistent. I am interested to see how you feel with SS before the 100g meal.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Hm I always eat low glycemic index carbs with SS. I have never used WMS at all. I wouldn't think it would cause any issues.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In the short term I have suffered no ill effects of it. It just seems to have accumulated up from being slightly less regular to my stomach bloating and now feeling tender along with mild spasms.

Now I have had a couple of days off it still feels a little tender. This is very rare for me, I am meticulous with eating and never have unplanned cheat meals. I never drink alcohol or carbonated drinks and rarely make any significant changes. So far the only thing I have done is implemented carbs pre workout as well which I haven't done for a few months.

I might get some psyllium husk powder and see if it helps.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
I do have to say I always take digestive enzymes too. it helps me. is the fiber intake up if you just upped your carbs a bit?

In the short term I have suffered no ill effects of it. It just seems to have accumulated up from being slightly less regular to my stomach bloating and now feeling tender along with mild spasms.

Now I have had a couple of days off it still feels a little tender. This is very rare for me, I am meticulous with eating and never have unplanned cheat meals. I never drink alcohol or carbonated drinks and rarely make any significant changes. So far the only thing I have done is implemented carbs pre workout as well which I haven't done for a few months.

I might get some psyllium husk powder and see if it helps.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I am interested about the GI issues. Personally GDAs are rough with my stomach and I have no issues @ 3 caps a day, I eat a lot of carbs though.

Do you feel constipated or is it more like blowing the toilet up? Has it passed with a few days break?
How many carbs are you taking in per day?
Just asking to compare with the logs of what amount of carbs the others are using.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do have to say I always take digestive enzymes too. it helps me. is the fiber intake up if you just upped your carbs a bit?
I have tried to keep the number of variables as low as possible for objective logging. The only thing I have added in is WMS pre workout so I can dose SSv2 with it. Apart from that I have been dosing with meals that I eat normally.

Here are my options. Add in fibre (I have extensive past use of psyllium husks so know what dose to use and how I react) and resume dosing, add in fibre and hold off on dosing until my stomach normalises or continue with my short break and resume once I feel normal again without the use of additional supplemental fibre.

I am open to suggestions from anyone who has used it i.e. how long they had GI problems, how quickly they subsided etc.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I have tried to keep the number of variables as low as possible for objective logging. The only thing I have added in is WMS pre workout so I can dose SSv2 with it. Apart from that I have been dosing with meals that I eat normally.

Here are my options. Add in fibre (I have extensive past use of psyllium husks so know what dose to use and how I react) and resume dosing, add in fibre and hold off on dosing until my stomach normalises or continue with my short break and resume once I feel normal again without the use of additional supplemental fibre.

I am open to suggestions from anyone who has used it i.e. how long they had GI problems, how quickly they subsided etc.
I would just hold off on it until your stomach gets back to normal. Then add it back in, one per day to start, then two +. Basically start from scratch and go from there.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have taken a couple of more days without Slin Sane.

My stomach feels close to normal. I will try it again to tomorrow and see how things go.

Training is going well at the moment. Legs yesterday and chest and biceps today. I will try SSv2 post workout tomorrow.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

My stomach feels close to normal. I will try it again to tomorrow and see how things go.

Training is going well at the moment. Legs yesterday and chest and biceps today. I will try SSv2 post workout tomorrow.
Glad you are feeling better pal.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards

Glad things are normalizing. SSV2 caused some digestive issues with me to, but they don't really seem similar. I have kept taking it got better with time and isn't serious.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards

Awesome that your doing well now and just take it day by day on SSv2

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I haven't experienced stomach issues either. However I rarely consume 100g or over unless its a cheat meal in which I have yet to see any stomach issues. Slight muscle spasm at the beginning but thats about it. Another thing to note as well is that i don't normally go above 1 servings at a time. I may have missed it BDCC because I can't normally scan the forums anymore but are you using 2 caps per serving? If so try dropping down to 1 cap per serving on a regular.

GDA's are funny in that they in most cases people experience the same results but there is a small percentage of users that react differently. I remember even with SS1 we had someone complain of extreme stomach issues. In fact I think it was in a Amazon review if I remember correctly lol. Thats why these logs are so important. SSV2 is a huge seller and we haven't received any complaint so I may need to offer a few more logging opportunities to get a better idea on how its affecting the average person.

I will say this that it is much stronger than V1 so if there was any sensitivity with V1 I can image V2 being a little harsher.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't experienced stomach issues either. However I rarely consume 100g or over unless its a cheat meal in which I have yet to see any stomach issues. Slight muscle spasm at the beginning but thats about it. Another thing to note as well is that i don't normally go above 1 servings at a time. I may have missed it BDCC because I can't normally scan the forums anymore but are you using 2 caps per serving? If so try dropping down to 1 cap per serving on a regular.

GDA's are funny in that they in most cases people experience the same results but there is a small percentage of users that react differently. I remember even with SS1 we had someone complain of extreme stomach issues. In fact I think it was in a Amazon review if I remember correctly lol. Thats why these logs are so important. SSV2 is a huge seller and we haven't received any complaint so I may need to offer a few more logging opportunities to get a better idea on how its affecting the average person.

I will say this that it is much stronger than V1 so if there was any sensitivity with V1 I can image V2 being a little harsher.
This is what worries me is that V1 gave me slight stomach issues on occasion. Was not consistent but I can only imagine if it was stronger.. Still will probably give it a shot though.

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LivetoLift, if you do end up purchasing it please let me or the reps know so we can monitor your experience closely.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LivetoLift, if you do end up purchasing it please let me or the reps know so we can monitor your experience closely.
Will do.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still on time off. I will try dosing one capsule tomorrow and see what happens.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, I took one capsule post workout after a few days off to assess tolerance. My GI symptoms seemed to accumulate last time before I decided I needed to scale it back.

One capsule about 12 hours ago. Since then I have gone back to the usual stomach spasms, flatulence and inconsistent bowel movements. Waking up in the night because you need to go to the toilet is frustrating.

I am struggling with this one. Genomyx reps, if there is someone you want me to send this to I will do so off my own back. I don't know what I can do to make it more tolerable when I get side effects from taking just one capsule.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Ok, I took one capsule post workout after a few days off to assess tolerance. My GI symptoms seemed to accumulate last time before I decided I needed to scale it back.

One capsule about 12 hours ago. Since then I have gone back to the usual stomach spasms, flatulence and inconsistent bowel movements. Waking up in the night because you need to go to the toilet is frustrating.

I am struggling with this one. Genomyx reps, if there is someone you want me to send this to I will do so off my own back. I don't know what I can do to make it more tolerable when I get side effects from taking just one capsule.
That really sucks but at least you are honest and have tried from your end. I guess this is a prime example of products affecting different people in different ways.

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry bdc. Unfortunately it sounds like this isn't a supplement for you. It happens. Everyone is different. We all appreciate you taking the time to review SSV2. At this point I would also suggest you stop. No worries brother. Up to you what you want to do with the bottle.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It has got to the point where I have stopped wanting to take it. I know people say that their symptoms subside past a certain point but I am at one capsule and getting enough GI distress to have to spread my doses out by days rather than hours.

I like the profile and wish I could continue taking it but I am not able to implement it as I would like i.e. pre workout and with more consistent carb meals in the evening because I am fearful that one will hinder my workout and the other will hinder my sleep.

I might be able to take it side effect free at some point but the possibility is that I will have a week left of the product to truly experiment with the dosage instead of playing it safe like I am now.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry bdc. Unfortunately it sounds like this isn't a supplement for you. It happens. Everyone is different. We all appreciate you taking the time to review SSV2. At this point I would also suggest you stop. No worries brother. Up to you what you want to do with the bottle.
Thanks Armando. If you find me someone who wants to continue logging it I will ship it to them. I can count the capsules up, I estimate half a bottle left.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't worry about it brother. Thanks again.
I always try and keep my logging objective. I haven't got into the full swing of this in terms of finding my sweet spot with dosing and can foresee having so little of the bottle left by the time my symptoms subside (possibly, possibly not) that my review is not helpful to people.

If I can get it to somebody else who can incorporate it and offer a helpful review to the community then it is more beneficial to the forum and to Genomyx.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
You are spot on.. not everything works well for everyone.. each body is different.. It's good to be honest about it instead of just lying. Thanks that is a stand up thing!

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
any thoughts on taking some simethicone (sp?) with it?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are spot on.. not everything works well for everyone.. each body is different.. It's good to be honest about it instead of just lying. Thanks that is a stand up thing!
Thanks. I feel bad for Smitty and Alan who made a special effort to get it to me. I must remember that this is an objective log and therefore it is best if someone who can give more detailed feedback continues my bottle.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Thanks. I feel bad for Smitty and Alan who made a special effort to get it to me. I must remember that this is an objective log and therefore it is best if someone who can give more detailed feedback continues my bottle.
No worries brotha just find a good home for the bottle :)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sucks the GI issues didn't clear up bdcc!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
You conducted your log thoroughly and honestly. Sorry it didn't work out as expected. Thank you!