DJBeanPole Turns Colors with BLUE Gene and PURPLE Wraath! (sponsored)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello again my fellow AM members. I feel like its been forever since I have posted anything on here, and within good reason, SINCE I GOT MARRIED ;)!

But now that I have returned from my honeymoon it was time for me to getting started testing out Blue Gene and Purple Wraath from Controlled Labs. Big shoutout and thanks to both CL and RenegadeRows who provided me with the opportunity to try out these two unique products! My history with Controlled Labs was limited to only using Orange Triad as my multivitamin, and when I first read RR's post about logging these two products my eyebrows raised because I had never heard of them before. Besides Orange Triad, I have only heard of White Flood and was very intrigued as to what these products had to offer. After reading up on them, I tossed my name in the hat and was surprised when I was picked!

More on the products...

Controlled Labs Blue Gene: Beyond GeneticsBlue Gene was designed to help the serious athlete optimize mitochondrial biogenesis, hormone level ratios, and support oxygen rich blood cells during athletic performance and recovery, this stimulant-free formula means more endurance, power, and better recovery without pro-hormones or grey area compounds. No hormones means no post-cycle therapy, depression, or other risks associated with exogenous hormonal ingestion.

Blue Gene Key Attributes:
Controlled Release Formula
Stimulant Free Endurance and Stamina
Natural / Legal Power and Performance
Optimize Natural Hormone Levels and Recovery

Blue Gene Natural Anabolic Matrix
Cissus is a natural, cutting-edge anti-cortisol / anti-catabolic compound that has taken the supplement industry by storm. While more research is needed on the exact mechanism of its anti-catabolic activity, we do know that the phytoconstituents are active and effective, improving the healing rate of tendons and ligaments (tendons and ligament function is essential for weightlifting strength and form). Acting as a natural glucocorticoid antagonist, Cissus may also have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.

Carnitine was added to the formula for its numerous benefits, including recovery from intense training and reduced DOMS. When part of a CONTROLLED LABS stack / combo you have the ability to train harder AND more often. Users have reported enhanced energy, alertness, cholesterol levels, and fat utilization leading to a recomp effect. Another mechanism of action may be that carnitine enhances our 100% natural hormone levels during training including insulin-like growth factor.

Carao and Catuaba extracts work in synergy with other ingredients to help the target muscle group receive more oxygen, improving performance and strength. As a bonus, many users report a noticeable increase in libido.

Quercetin and Ginkgo Biloba (used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine) provide a stimulant-free performance boost by increasing oxygen and circulation, giving the serious athlete a unique alternative to stimulant-based products. As a bonus, over time the formula may help support a healthy immune / respiratory system with potent anti-oxidant, anti-viral, and anti-allergen properties. Sodium Bicarbonate acting as a hydrogen buffer, helps reduce fatigue during training and enhance recovery between sets.... experience jitter-free endurance and stamina like never before.

lcariin, Grape Seed Extract, Griffonia Simplicifolia Extract, Apigenin, Luteolin and Niacin work in synergy to help increase bloodflow, natural growth hormone levels, and circulating levels of testosterone while keeping estrogen under control. The formula may even help with cholesterol ratio (cholesterol is the building block for testosterone).

Train harder than ever, push past a plateau, and recover fast.... with Blue GENE™

Purple Wraath: Ergogenic Essential Amino Acid MatrixNew and improved taste!!!
Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy. Purple Wraath™ was created to be the most complete EAA/BCAA product on the market; keeping your body in a constant myotropic state and keeping you training hard with its added super endurance complex.

Key Attributes:

Fast absorption/fast acting
EAA & BCAA
Caffeine-free ergogenic formula
Delicious tangy grape flavor
Natural myotropic environment
Increase athletic performance, endurance, focus, stamina, and muscle recovery
Legal, safe, and effective for both men and women
Stimulate metabolism to reduce body fat
Explosive strength, power, and energy
Increase or maintain muscle mass whether cutting or bulking
Dextrose/maltodextrin free

Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while enhancing recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy!

Of course all info taken from Nutraplanet.com...

Now onto who I am:

Height: 6'9"
Weight: Last checked I clocked in at 225lbs

Workouts: 4 day split via chest/tris, legs, shoulders, back/bis usually following a 2 day on 1 day off pattern with the off days typically consisting of HIIT cardio. This can change on the fly however, since I am an avid believer in the "listen to your body" philosophy and will do what feels comfortable. I always throw some 4XMM into my weightlifting routines and like to sacrifice weight in order to better focus on the stretch/squeeze.

DAY 1 8/7: REST

Went to Jamaica from my honeymoon for a week and returned on Monday. Tuesday was the last day I was able to spend with my wife before getting back into the swing of things with work so I decided to try PW and BG by themselves on an off day just to see what was up. Nothing to mention so far on the Blue Gene. Took all 5 pills at once and went down without a fuss. Took them on an empty stomach. The Purple Wraath was mixed in with 20oz. of water and 1 scoop PW. Flavor was surprisingly good. I'm not usually a fan of grape flavored... ANYTHING (including Craze) but this went down pretty easy and didn't consist of that nasty BCAA flavor that everyone hates (I'm looking at you, Modern BCAA Grapple flavor!). First thing to note: HELLO beta alanine tingles how I have missed you! Felt real nice and tingly about 30 minutes after consuming and that feeling last for about an hour before going away. Nothing else to note.

More to come. Including photos and videos, both of review days and also of workouts/individual exercises. I love spicing my reviews up so please stay tuned!

DJ

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on the wedding man, subbed for the destruction here :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on the wedding man, subbed for the destruction here :)
Welcome my brother, and thank you :) Destruction is all I do.

BTW your Revamp worked wonders for me. Helped me recover nicely from a 3 month EC stretch(yes, 3 months!) IN JUST ONE WEEK. Love the stuff! Hell if I only needed it for a week I can keep it in my pantry for a lonnnnng time ;)!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 2, 8/8: CHEST/TRIS

First official workout since taking a week and a half off due to honeymoon. I actually managed to squeeze in some workouts at the resort I was staying at but since I didn't have my logsheets I couldn't keep track of where I had left off/what progress I made so I just kind of winged it. Just as a bridge to get me through vacation ;)!

Something to note: Since returning home, I've made the decision to cut most of my supplement intake OUT so that there is no biased results. I actually ran out of agmatine on the honeymoon so thats gone for now. All I will be taking is Orange Triad as my multi, BCAAs post-fast since I am returning back to my LeanGains eating protocol, protein post workout/with meals, and whats left of my MusclePharm Recon as a post-workout drink. I will NOT be taking anything preworkout. So goodbye Cit-Mal, Hemavol, Maximize Intense, Craze, etc... figured it was time for a break. I want to see how I feel from JUST these two supplements on their own. I will sprinkle some Dexaprine v2 in there probably this first week just to help get me readjusted to working nights and I'll need the caffeine boost. Creatine Mono will also be sticking around. But besides that... NADA! I'm actually trying to come up with what I should move onto next after this month of logging PW/BG. Any ideas here for a clean bulk??? :D!

Today's weight: 225lbs

Dosed BG an hour prior to working out. Took all 5 pills at once with some water. Help the wife (heh, almost typed fiance here) with some chores/unpacking, and headed to the gym with my workout partner. Sipped on 2 scoops of PW with 20oz (initially) of water during the workout. I probably went back to the water fountain and added more water to PW about 2-3 times just because I needed the fluids (caught some GI bug at the tail end of the honeymoon and have been feeling dehydrated lately).

DB BENCHPRESS: 4XMM used here 70x10,10,10,10

DB INCLINE PRESS: 4XMM 40x10,10,10,10 I was going to use 35s but there were none... surprised myself!

BB DECLINE PRESS: 85x10warmup 165x12,11

INCLINE DB FLYS: 25x12,12,8

HIGH CABLE FLYS: 4XMM 40x10... too easy... 50x10,10,10

DIPS: BWx8,7,8

SKULLCRUSHERS: 4XMM 55x10,10,10,12

TRICEP KICKBACKS: partner wanted to do these... 20x12,10

TRICEP PUSHDOWN: 4XMM 100x10,10,10,12

This workout was very suprising to me. I went in expecting a ****ty day since I'd been out of the gym for almost 2 weeks. And instead I was VERY surprised at how EASY and HOW MUCH the weight was going up. 70lbs for 10 for 4? Thats ridiculous. In Jamaica I struggled with 60s! Was very surprised at how strong I felt and how easy the weight was moving. Felt great. Also to note... and this was especially apparent during the incline press, was the speed of the sets and the reduction in recovery time. 4X Mass Method allows for me to have 30 seconds built in in between each set, and usually I groan when the next set rolls around because of how tired I still am from the previous set. Not with the incline (and following) exercises! My arms were going up like rockets taking off. Last time I did inclines with 4XMM I used 30lbs. The way 4XMM works is: Pick a weight you can do 15 reps with. Use that same weight, and do 1 set of 10 reps. Wait 30 seconds. 2nd set of 10 reps. Wait 30 seconds. 3rd set of 10 reps. Wait 30 seconds. On the final set, do AT LEAST 10 but attempt to go to failure if you go ABOVE 10. If you get to 10 or above, the next time you do that exercise go up in weight. If you do not, then try again with the same weight next time. Well for incline I did 30lbs last time so I was looking for the 35lbs and they were nowhere to be found. So I said F it and did 40s. And SHOCKER I opened it right up for 45lbs my next chest day ;)! I recovered quicker and was just in a more upbeat and ready to go mood. This day in the gym was actually the least amount of time I've spent for a chest day. My partner and I were just moving through the sets and it felt great. I could have done a second circuit ;)!

Last but not least: Not sure what to attribute this to, but I've been sleeping like a BABY lately. Is this Blue Gene at work? Nice, hard, deep sleep waking up refreshed and not groggy at all. And I NEVER sleep like that.

No word yet on libido performance. Kind of drained on that from the honeymoon ;)!

Stay tuned... looks like good things are happening!

DJ

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome my brother, and thank you :) Destruction is all I do.

BTW your Revamp worked wonders for me. Helped me recover nicely from a 3 month EC stretch(yes, 3 months!) IN JUST ONE WEEK. Love the stuff! Hell if I only needed it for a week I can keep it in my pantry for a lonnnnng time ;)!
I'm glad you liked the Revamp!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 3, 8/9: REST

Still adjusting to getting back on my nightshift schedule after taking a week off and doing the dayshifter thing for my vacation. At work last night I started developing a sore throat and was coughing some **** up so I decided the best thing for me would be to just rest and get back to the weights on Friday and Saturday. I brought my Blue Gene with me to work and will take that sometime around 3AM. The one thing I did notice about my rest from last night was that it was, again, extremely deep, comfortable sleep. Woke up without the groggy feeling and shot out of bed ready to get my day going. I am NEVER like that. Working nightshift all you want to do is sleep in. When you wake up you feel like **** and rolling out of bed is the last thing you want to do. Not for me.

No PW today. I'm saving that for workout days since I'm doing two scoops/lifting days and want to save it just for that!

LEGS tomorrow. My most hated day!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 4, 8/10: LEGS

Weight: 224lbs
Blue Gene: Taken 1 hour prior to workout
Purple Wraath: 2 scoops in 20oz. of water (with more water added when I got halfway through) throughout the workout

LEG EXTENSION (warmup): 90x10,10

SQUATS: 135x10 185x6 155x10 135x15

FRONT SQUATS: 95x10 115x6 135x5

LEG PRESS: 225x10 315x10,10,10

SEATED CALF RAISES: 135x16,12,15

HAMSTRING CURL: 110x12 125x12

LEG EXTENSION: 150x10,10

Finished up with a quick 10 minute walk on the treadmill at 3.0mph and a 7.5% incline. Just enough to filter out the nasty **** and get fresh blood to the muscles.

Thoughts on the supps: Well I am definitely have a full-swing cold :( some people at work are telling me its related to climate changes from Jamaica to here. Definitely sucks. I hate being sick. Especially in the summer. Started off yesterday with a dose of Nyquil and now that I'm awake and back at work I've been popping Dayquil like candy. Barking cough that ocassionaly brings stuff up, stuffy nose, eyes, face. Just awful. But I still went to the gym ;)! Still no word on the effects of BG. I'm thinking that results won't be seen until about 2 weeks in. So I'll keep an eye on changes. I'm still having some great sleep thought and I have to attribute that to BG! Even with being sick! PW still tastes just fine and mixes well. Strange though that I don't feel the beta alanine tingles until after I've downed the bottle and walked out of the gym. With the amount I drink during the workout I figured I'd feel some sweet tingly action during but that has not been the case. I HATE squats and leg press because they just wear me right out but I was always recovered and ready to go right after my workout partner finished his set and usually I take anywhere from 30s-1min after he finishes before I go. Excellent recovery time, endurance, and stamina here.

Shoulders tomorrow. My favorite.

DJ

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
im here for the long haul with this one!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Nahh, i bet there are alot of creepers here.. just watching, reading, fapping hahah:)

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub'd !!!
These products are right up DJ's alley !

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahhh hahaha. Now the party is getting started :D! I know this log will be great. I'm using it as a segue into my next natty stack which will begin in September. I don't want to reveal any secrets about what it is going to consist of, but I've been in cahoots with JD and we have formulated something EPIC :D!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Getting my IPAD to catch up on this book.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Nice.. your going to become a most 8ft tall.. 6feet wide!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 5: SHOULDERS

Funny story today. So I was planning on working out w/ my partner today and I was waiting to do so until my wife left for work. So she left at 6PM and I hop onto my gym's website (LA Fitness) and it says it closes at 10PM on Saturdays. Buddy texts me and asks whats up and I told him I'd pick him up around 8PM. He lives in my neighborhood and wanted to know if he could chill at my place and since I am telling him what to order from NP n terms of preworkout/creatine/protein I said sure why not. Besides he was undecided on Craze (which he's tried) and Maximize Intense (which he hasn't tried and I have plenty of) so I told him to come over and I'd whip up a preworkout concoction for him to judge his preference on. So he shows up around 7PM and we shoot the **** for awhile, take our pre's, and head to the gym. Low and behold gym is closed. LOL. Not wanting to waste the preworkout/workout in general, we head to another gym in the area that is open 24/7. I wanted to just tell the girl at the front desk the truth that we were dumbasses and mistimed our gym's hours and wondered if we could just throw them a $5 and workout for one day instead. My buddy asks to let him figure it out since he's a smooth talker. OK. So after a ****ing 30 minute sales pitch from an employee we finally get to workout. So essentially the preworkout lost its potential. And it had been like 1.5hrs since I dosed BG so... what the hell.

Had an epic workout anyway!!!

Weight: 223.8lbs (lol how is it going down I've been eating so much lately I feel like!)

STANDING BARBELL SHOULDER PRESS: 45x10 65x10 95x8 105x6 115x5 45x18

DB SHOULDER PRESS: 4XMM 45x10x4 no idea how I pulled that off after the BB press!

OVER BARBELL SHOULDER SHRUGS: 45x16,16 95x10,10,10,10 45x16 new exercise here. Kind of strange, but the effects were IMMEDIATE. I'm even going to go out and say that I felt it was more effective with the lower weight (45) than higher simply because I had more ROM. But it was strange because the ROM is still less compared to standard shrugs, yet afterwards I felt more pump/tightness in the traps than I ever have before. Humbling to drop the weight, but if you do too much you won't feel a thing. Making this a standard lift from now on.

DB SHRUG DROPSETS: 80x12 60x12 40x10

SCAPTION/45 DEGREE DB RAISES: 20x10,10 15x12

REAR DELT FLY DROPSETS: 12.5x15 10x12 7.5x10

PULLEY REAR DELT RAISES: 30x8,8 20x10

UPRIGHT ROWS: 80x10 85x8 95x6 45x18

So went in with a substandard mindset. Preworkout was essentially non-effective yet the workout itself was fantastic. Purple Wraath was as good as ever. 20oz. with 2 scoops no extra water added. Same Beta Alanine tingles after the workout. I think if you are drinking it and continually moving around then you won't notice the tingles (unlesss you chug the damn thing right away). Once you settle down they set it. Taste was fine, endurance, recovery were up.

Finally something to mention for BG. Besides the sleep, I am now consistently waking up with morning wood. 100% guaranteed daily. Something must be working here ;)

Off day tomorrow. Yardwork with the wife. Yippee.

DJ

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Funny story today. So I was planning on working out w/ my partner today and I was waiting to do so until my wife left for work. So she left at 6PM and I hop onto my gym's website (LA Fitness) and it says it closes at 10PM on Saturdays. Buddy texts me and asks whats up and I told him I'd pick him up around 8PM. He lives in my neighborhood and wanted to know if he could chill at my place and since I am telling him what to order from NP n terms of preworkout/creatine/protein I said sure why not. Besides he was undecided on Craze (which he's tried) and Maximize Intense (which he hasn't tried and I have plenty of) so I told him to come over and I'd whip up a preworkout concoction for him to judge his preference on. So he shows up around 7PM and we shoot the **** for awhile, take our pre's, and head to the gym. Low and behold gym is closed. LOL. Not wanting to waste the preworkout/workout in general, we head to another gym in the area that is open 24/7. I wanted to just tell the girl at the front desk the truth that we were dumbasses and mistimed our gym's hours and wondered if we could just throw them a $5 and workout for one day instead. My buddy asks to let him figure it out since he's a smooth talker. OK. So after a ****ing 30 minute sales pitch from an employee we finally get to workout. So essentially the preworkout lost its potential. And it had been like 1.5hrs since I dosed BG so... what the hell.

Weight: 223.8lbs (lol how is it going down I've been eating so much lately I feel like!)

DB SHOULDER PRESS: 4XMM 45x10x4 no idea how I pulled that off after the BB press!

OVER BARBELL SHOULDER SHRUGS: 45x16,16 95x10,10,10,10 45x16 new exercise here. Kind of strange, but the effects were IMMEDIATE. I'm even going to go out and say that I felt it was more effective with the lower weight (45) than higher simply because I had more ROM. But it was strange because the ROM is still less compared to standard shrugs, yet afterwards I felt more pump/tightness in the traps than I ever have before. Humbling to drop the weight, but if you do too much you won't feel a thing. Making this a standard lift from now on.

So went in with a substandard mindset. Preworkout was essentially non-effective yet the workout itself was fantastic. Purple Wraath was as good as ever. 20oz. with 2 scoops no extra water added. Same Beta Alanine tingles after the workout. I think if you are drinking it and continually moving around then you won't notice the tingles (unlesss you chug the damn thing right away). Once you settle down they set it. Taste was fine, endurance, recovery were up.

Finally something to mention for BG. Besides the sleep, I am now consistently waking up with morning wood. 100% guaranteed daily. Something must be working here ;)

DJ
Nice workout DJ. I hate it when gyms close early. I quit my gym because of constant issues with weekend hours. Sale pitch annoys me even
More as those jackasses act like they know everything. That is fine, but they don't listen to a thing you say.

Anyway, way to salvage the workout !!!

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established

DJ
hahahaha, i love having my y membership.. I lift at just a gym extension in my gated area.. but i can always drive 6min to town to the main y or 8 to my school to lift.. Got to have a back up plan!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout DJ. I hate it when gyms close early. I quit my gym because of constant issues with weekend hours. Sale pitch annoys me even
More as those jackasses act like they know everything. That is fine, but they don't listen to a thing you say.

Anyway, way to salvage the workout !!!
Yea he was kind of a dick. I just kept rolling my eyes. All I wanted to do was hit the workout. Worked out well. I am SORE AS **** today, especially in the traps/delts. That NEVER happens with me for shoulders. Usually I just get DOMS in the chest/tris/legs. Something is working ;)

hahahaha, i love having my y membership.. I lift at just a gym extension in my gated area.. but i can always drive 6min to town to the main y or 8 to my school to lift.. Got to have a back up plan!!
Yea must be nice! My usual gym has had the power go out at least 3 times since I've been there mid workout. Its bull****. Its like right next to one of those power station things you see on the side of the road with transformers and resistors everywhere. Must be the first thing that goes down if something ****s up. I hate it. But this gym we went to last night, LIFETIME Fitness... $62/mos! Are you CRAZY! Unless I was going to go in, hit the treadmill, climb the rock wall, swim 100 laps, play racquetball, smash some Pilates, get a massage and then a haircut, followed by weight training and then a cycle class wrapped up with a sauna and heated bathroom floors for when I take a shower ALL IN ONE DAY. Then **** that.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 6: REST

Not much to say here. Took the BG as usual. Libido still up Up UP!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 7: BACK/BIS

DEADLIFT 135x6 185x6 225x6 275x6 315x3 225x8 185x12 Nothing special to note here really except this was the first time with the "correct" form that I was able to get 315 up without much struggle.

BENT OVER ROW: 95x12 135x10 105x8,8 preferred 105 over 135 because I was able to pause and squeeze rather than moving heavy weight

ONE ARM DB ROW: 50x10,10,10

UNDERHAND GRIP PULLDOWN ROW: 40x10,10 50x10,12

INCLINE DB BICEP CURL: 15x12 20x12,12

PREACHER CURL: 45x10,10 50x10

HAMMER CURL: 30x10,10

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 8: CHEST/TRIS

DB BENCHPRESS: 40x12 75x12 80x10 85x8 50x15

DB INCLINE PRESS: 45x10,10,9,8

DB FLAT FLYS: 25x10,10,10,12

HIGH CABLE FLYS: 60x6 50x6 40x8

DIPS: BWx10,10,10,7

SKULLCRUSHERS: 60x10,10,10,6

TRICEP PUSHDOWNS: 120x10,8 100x10

NO ATTACHMENT PUSHDOWN: 20x10,10

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 9: REST
Started a 4-in-a-row nightshift work week last night and felt like I needed to catch up on some ZZZs. Which BG helped with greatly. I used to sleep terribly during the day, especially in the wife's (now our) bedroom. The blinds aren't blackout shades, the dog likes to annoy us constantly, and sometimes I just feel like I can't sleep as comfortably in my bed when someone else is in it (still getting used to sleeping next to someone all the time). BG has been leaving me peacefully rested, and waking up is very easy. I wake up energized and refreshed, and this is something I'm not used to, especially after a long night at work! BG is treating me very well!

Something to note: Not sure if its because I took a week off from honeymoon or what, but the DOMS lately have been sticking around more than usual, and certainly more than I expected while taking BG/PW. Perhaps I'm just making ALL KINDS OF GAINS in the gym! My strength is certainly on the rise. DB benchpress with 85s? WHAT? Woohoo!

Today (technically my tomorrow) is the dreaded LEGS day. Grrrrr... I'm hoping something can give me the aggression I need to go in there and kill the squats/leg press. I always walk out on leg day telling myself I probably could have done more. I hope to change that today.

ST, DJ

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Omg lol. Good looking set of legs there! On that note I'm walking out of the ER and heading home! Will update later tonight!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using AM for Android!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Omg lol. Good looking set of legs there! On that note I'm walking out of the ER and heading home! Will update later tonight!

ER ????
What happened ?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ER ????
What happened ?
I work in a hospital ;-) that's where I was working last night! Off to da gym!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I work in a hospital ;-) that's where I was working last night! Off to da gym!

Phew.... Alright. Carry on.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Phew.... Alright. Carry on.
Lol. Yes sir.

I knew I probably should have been more descriptive. I'm a respiratory therapist and really enjoyed giving breathing treatments to screaming children last night. Who needs birth control when that was convincing enough haha. One mom was like you got kids? No? Stop while you are ahead!

Lmfao.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol. Yes sir.

I knew I probably should have been more descriptive. I'm a respiratory therapist and really enjoyed giving breathing treatments to screaming children last night. Who needs birth control when that was convincing enough haha. One mom was like you got kids? No? Stop while you are ahead!

Lmfao.

LOL....cool job !

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL....cool job !
Good lifts today. Once I get settled in at work ill post up.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 10: THE DREADED LEGS

Narrative: Was very surprised by what went down today. Woke up, popped BG first thing, texted my partner if he was coming, and got in a quick game of Starcraft 2 (yep there is some nerd in me here haha). Partner couldn't make it since he had his kid so I whipped up the PW and headed off to the gym. When I first got there I ran into a strange (albeit dumb) situation: two of the power racks were being used by brocurlers, and the squat rack was being used by some short huge guy to do rack pulls. I prefer to use the squat rack when I do legs solo because if I need to drop the weight the catch bars are right there... as opposed to the power racks that I walk out of with the weight on my back because when I go below parallel the rack itself gets in the way of the bar so if I have to drop the weight EVERYONE WATCH OUT! So I approached the short guy who was pretty jacked and had his Dr. Dre Beats in and looked at him and pointed to the bar. He shook his head yes, and then lost eye contact. So I stood next to him and when he looked at me again I asked him "how many more you got?" Takes off headphones. "How many more you got?" "Oh I just got started..." and I mumbled to myself "wish there were more squat racks" but at this point his headphones were already back on. And then the CIRCUIT training began. I watched him go from rack pulls, to HammerStrength Hi/Low rows, to DB rows, back to the rack, etc.

WTF BRO. You can't just claim a piece of equipment just because its within your circuit. If you aren't there for a few minutes why not let me work in with you? Kind of ridiculous. So I went up to the curlbros and luckily they only had one set left. So now that I was a little agitated I had some motivation to do the squats and the rest of my routine. My mentality is shifting on leg day from "lifting for size" to "lifting for strength" since my upcoming bulk will have me doing just that. So instead of X amount of weight times high volume, I went for heavy weight and low reps.

Weight: 226lbs

LEG EXTENSION WARMUP: 95x10,10,10

SQUATS: 135x10,10 165x8 185x6 205x3 I changed my stance up a little bit here. I have been so used to my powerlifting squat form with wide feet but lately that has been hurting my knees so I moved them in just outside shoulder width and found it easier to move the heavy stuff while still achieving parallel/below parallel squats. Felt good to put up over 200lbs again, although for just 3 reps. Now I have a pace set for the upcoming months.

LEG PRESS: Meant to do front squats but I was so in the zone I just completely forgot about them lol 225x12 315x10 405x8 425x8 445x5

SEATED CALF RAISE: 150x12,10,10,15

HAMSTRING CURLS: 155x10 140x8,8

GLUTE HAM RAISE: BW+25 x 10,10

LEG EXTENSION: 140x12 150x10 155x8

Cooled down with a nice 10 minute walk on the tready at 3.3mph and 7.5% incline. Broke out into a nice sweat. Felt real good.

I walked out feeling more accomplished than usual. Its hard for me to put my powerlifting out of my mind when I compare them to my current numbers. Back then I used to squat 225 x 10 like it was nothing. But I was also 1) Not doing ANY cardio 2) Eating dirty CONSTANTLY and 3) only lifted the big 3 each time I was in the gym, which was only twice a week. I'm not going to revert back to that lifestyle to justify the strength gains. I didn't like that way I looked or felt, so thats a no-go. I need to capitalize and grow on what I've established here, and thats what I plan to do.

STD.... J

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curlbros......LOL !

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Random update.

While I'm waiting for the wife so we can head home thought I'd post some thoughts about some new discoveries I have made, and this time all signs point to BG as being the culprit!

Noticed it alot tonight. At first I blamed it on the partitioning effects of recompadrol but I'm still feeling it hours after I ate my last meal. And its not workout related because I did legs today.... Vascularity is on the rise! And not only that, but the sense of feeling more fullness throughout my musculature, particularly my arms, upper chest, back, and shoulders. Noticed the veins popping while in a patients room and thought it was strange but that was awhile ago and I'm still seeing them! Something good is going on here... :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 11: **** YOU SHOULDERS!

Freakin' awesome day in the gym! Shoulders might just be my favorite muscle group to workout. I always walk out of the gym feeling accomplished, swollen, and sore. It hurt to even raise my arms up to hold onto the steering wheel!

Weight: ???

SEATED DB SHOULDER PRESS: 45x10,10,10,9 argh missed it! 35x9 30x6 25x8

OVERHEAD SHOULDER SHRUG: 55x15 65x10,10,10,15

DB SHRUG DROPSETS: 85x19 65x8 45x15

SCAPTION: 20x10,10,10,10 10x10

REAR DELT FLYS: 15x10,10,10,10

FACE PULLS: 40x10 60x10,10 50x10,10 These were new for me. May have to just try 40 or even 30 for 4 sets of 10. The instructional video I saw showed the instructor placing his fingers in between the scapula of the student and having him squeeze together and get them to touch. The heavier weight allowed me to do this for the first couple of reps and then the form was bad. I'll start with 30 next time I think and work my way up. These replace/substitute for upright rows. Felt pretty good actually. Noticed pump/soreness immediately.

REAR DELT PULLEY RAISE: 20x5 lol my shoulders were just burned out and I walked out!

Felt great. Anticipating a mid-log video review on Sunday. Its gonna be VIDEO SUNNNNDAAAY! Two videos on the Cut thread, and one in here. Then I can finally change my signature to reflect this log haha.

DJ

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HALFWAY VIDEO UPDATE!!!

Enjoy! Want more? Let me know!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 12: REST

Just hung out with the wife today. First time in 4 days. Tomorrow she has to work so we made the best of it by watching the first bluray disc of Dexter season 6. And much to my surprise she had breakfast waiting for me when I got home from work... and then cooked dinner for me later that night!!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 13: KICKASS BACK/BIS

Weight: 225lbs

DEADLIFT: 135x5 315x2 fail on the third 275x4, 240x8, 275x6, 205x12

KNEELING PULLDOWNS: 35x10x5

ONE ARM DB ROWS: 40x8 30x12 20x15 50x6

FARMERS WALK: 100lbs DBs x 20yds x 4

BENT OVER ROW: 105x8,8 135x6

SEATED NARROW GRIP ROW: 60x8 75x8 90x8

CHIN UPS NEUTRAL GRIP: BW x 5,4,3

BB CURL: 4XMM 55x10,10,10,7 dammit!

HAMMER CURL: 4XMM 20x10,10,10,20 time to go up, obviously!

PREACHER CURL: 4XMM 50x8... too heavy... 30x10,10,10,12

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 14: CHE... NOPE. REST.

Slept in today instead of waking up for my workout. My workout partner has been kind of flaking lately so I won't let that hold me back anymore. When I get up and go workout I'm just gonna go and not bother even asking if he'll be there. If he is, great, if not no big deal. I'll keep making those gains.

No comments on the vids... or anything? Does RenegadeRows even know this thread exists? lol

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 14: CHE... NOPE. REST.

Slept in today instead of waking up for my workout. My workout partner has been kind of flaking lately so I won't let that hold me back anymore. When I get up and go workout I'm just gonna go and not bother even asking if he'll be there. If he is, great, if not no big deal. I'll keep making those gains.

No comments on the vids... or anything? Does RenegadeRows even know this thread exists? lol
Love your videos man I gotta get you some prodigy samples when they come out to do a video :) also I feel the same my partner use to flake on me all the time I just gave up on him and did my own thing can't let people hold you back my friend great job so far

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love your videos man I gotta get you some prodigy samples when they come out to do a video :) also I feel the same my partner use to flake on me all the time I just gave up on him and did my own thing can't let people hold you back my friend great job so far
Thx bro. And heck yea Celorza is always talking about Prodigy. I'll do a vid review... of making it... taking it... training on it. The whole 9 yards! :D