DJBeanPole Turns Colors with BLUE Gene and PURPLE Wraath! (sponsored)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DJ straight up killing this shiz. Dudes I swear the avengers logs imo has helped fuel everyone's goals, dedication, etc. I'd be lost without yall!
Hell yea bro! All those logs gave me big time motivation! Bring it!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using AM for Android!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta try the overhead shrugs, sounds interesting!!! Great workout again DJ.
They are definitely worth it. Like I said start low weight though. You may be able to crush 135 overhead press but I found that weight too heavy to move my scapulae enough to feel it. Lower it down, go high reps, and squeeze at the top. You should def feel it after the first or second set!!!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are definitely worth it. Like I said start low weight though. You may be able to crush 135 overhead press but I found that weight too heavy to move my scapulae enough to feel it. Lower it down, go high reps, and squeeze at the top. You should def feel it after the first or second set!!!

I tried these last week but maybe went too heavy... 115 on smith machine.. Only Hirt, no beneficial feeling personally. Prib did it wrong

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried these last week but maybe went too heavy... 115 on smith machine.. Only Hirt, no beneficial feeling personally. Prib did it wrong
Start out with just the bar. I'm only.using 65lbs aand it is tearing my traps up!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And Smith machine you were probably sitting. Do it standing w a barbell. Don't think you can reach full ROM on a Smith.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And Smith machine you were probably sitting. Do it standing w a barbell. Don't think you can reach full ROM on a Smith.

I will try it. I was kneeling actually lol

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards

Hitting shoulders tomorrow but already killed traps yesterday

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 18: LISS CARDIO

Nothing special today. Just 2 miles and 400 calories at 6.0mph... Back/Bis tomorrow!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 19: BACK/BIS

BACK in the gym with DJBeanPole! Had a new workout partner today so we were in the gym for quite some time as I was explaining to him all of the exercises we were doing and how to do them with proper form. Kind of stole away from my "keep moving and really wear yourself out" mentality because I felt like I kept recovering more and more between sets since I was taking long breaks in between! I really like exhausting my lats and getting them stiff and sore but that just wouldn't happen and I blame PW for that. Aggression was up again on the way to the gym. I was ready to throw some **** around!

DEADLIFT: 135x8 185x8 225x8 275x6 295x5 315x3 felt pretty good at 315... I should have kept going but we were pressed for time! Might have been able to get out 5 or 6. Felt so light the heavier the weight went ;)!

UNDERHAND GRIP KNEELING PULLDOWNS: 35x12,12,12,12

ONE ARM DB ROWS: 40x10,10,10 60x10

FARMERS WALK: 90lbs DBs x 20yds x 4

BENT OVER ROW: 65x12 95x10,10,10 115x12

NEUTRAL GRIP CHIN UPS: BWx4.5,4,3

HAMMER CURL: 40x10,10 35x10,8

CABLE ISOLATION CURL: 30x10,10,10,10 this was a new one for me that he showed me. Really works the peak. Loved it.

Weight: ???

Good ****. Chest/Tris tomorrow. Think I found my new workout partner!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You think shiz what gives you the first clue lol that was insane workout man makes me pumped just looking over it. Sucks though I had to lift today after church due to work tomorrow, then trying to get my truck picked up from shop and fly down to get my dreaded work physical. I don't know if my new co workers messing with me but they say we have to have the :( P exam!!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You think shiz what gives you the first clue lol that was insane workout man makes me pumped just looking over it. Sucks though I had to lift today after church due to work tomorrow, then trying to get my truck picked up from shop and fly down to get my dreaded work physical. I don't know if my new co workers messing with me but they say we have to have the :( P exam!!!
Haha the good ol prostate check! That'll wake ya right up!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Nice workout bro!! Keep up the intensity

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Making all kinds of gains!!!

Teaser pic!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 20: CHISELED CHEST & TITILLATING TRIS

Walked into the gym today feeling like a million bucks after yesterdays kick ass workout! Woke up to swollen lats and bis! Amazing feeling... yet hardly any DOMS! In fact none right now as I'm typing. I'm sure I'll be feeling the chest and triceps tomorrow... HOOOOOOO boy did we tear some **** up today! Starting to dig my new workout partner. Taught me some new exercises that really changed some things up... and he's just as serious and down to business about it as I am which is a huge welcome. BG 1 hour before. PW all the way through. No beta alanine tingles this time (two scoops)... figure my body has gotten adjusted to it ;)!

DB BENCHPRESS: 40x15 75x10 too light 80x10,10 70x10

HIGH CABLE FLYS: 30x10 40x10,10,10

DB INCLINE PRESS: 55x10,10,10,9 Almost switched to 50s for that last set... sat there with them in my hand, said **** THIS, threw them bitches down, and went back to the 55s for some more punishment. ALMOST had that 10th rep... grrr...

FLAT DB FLYS: 25x10,10,10,10

KNEELING TRICEP ROPE PULLDOWNS: 60x10,10,10,10 this one was new to me and I had to get on my knees to do it because the rope we used was somewhat long and I didn't get full ROM standing up unless I bent my knees some. Kneeling on the floor made it much better. Somewhat like a pushdown, but as you push downwards you also separate your hands outwards giving you a good pulling/squeezing sensation throughout the triceps. I enjoyed it!

SKULLCRUSHERS: 70x10,8 60x10, 50x10 had to keep dropping weight to maintain good form and keep that stretch/squeeze action goin!

NO ATTACHMENT PULLEY PULLDOWN: 20x10,10,10 30x10

TRICEP V-BAR PUSHDOWN: 110x10,10,8+2@100 100x10

Making gains... more gains... MO GAINS!

Not sure what my current weight is. I feel as though I APPEAR bigger although I don't feel like I'm heavier. And much to my surprise I am continuing to lean out even though I'm taking in a surplus of calories almost daily. Feeling FANTASTIC. Off day tomorrow. Perhaps cardio if the wife feels like it otherwise I'll take the day off.

WATCH OUT LEGS. WEDNESDAY I'M COMIN' FO YA!

DJ

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
DAY 20: CHISELED CHEST & TITILLATING TRIS

Walked into the gym today feeling like a million bucks after yesterdays kick ass workout! Woke up to swollen lats and bis! Amazing feeling... yet hardly any DOMS! In fact none right now as I'm typing. I'm sure I'll be feeling the chest and triceps tomorrow... HOOOOOOO boy did we tear some **** up today! Starting to dig my new workout partner. Taught me some new exercises that really changed some things up... and he's just as serious and down to business about it as I am which is a huge welcome. BG 1 hour before. PW all the way through. No beta alanine tingles this time (two scoops)... figure my body has gotten adjusted to it ;)!

DB BENCHPRESS: 40x15 75x10 too light 80x10,10 70x10

HIGH CABLE FLYS: 30x10 40x10,10,10

DB INCLINE PRESS: 55x10,10,10,9 Almost switched to 50s for that last set... sat there with them in my hand, said **** THIS, threw them bitches down, and went back to the 55s for some more punishment. ALMOST had that 10th rep... grrr...

FLAT DB FLYS: 25x10,10,10,10

KNEELING TRICEP ROPE PULLDOWNS: 60x10,10,10,10 this one was new to me and I had to get on my knees to do it because the rope we used was somewhat long and I didn't get full ROM standing up unless I bent my knees some. Kneeling on the floor made it much better. Somewhat like a pushdown, but as you push downwards you also separate your hands outwards giving you a good pulling/squeezing sensation throughout the triceps. I enjoyed it!

SKULLCRUSHERS: 70x10,8 60x10, 50x10 had to keep dropping weight to maintain good form and keep that stretch/squeeze action goin!

NO ATTACHMENT PULLEY PULLDOWN: 20x10,10,10 30x10

TRICEP V-BAR PUSHDOWN: 110x10,10,8+2@100 100x10

Making gains... more gains... MO GAINS!

Not sure what my current weight is. I feel as though I APPEAR bigger although I don't feel like I'm heavier. And much to my surprise I am continuing to lean out even though I'm taking in a surplus of calories almost daily. Feeling FANTASTIC. Off day tomorrow. Perhaps cardio if the wife feels like it otherwise I'll take the day off.

WATCH OUT LEGS. WEDNESDAY I'M COMIN' FO YA!

DJ
This is gettin me so fuxin pumped I hit chest here in about 5 mins when I hit the gym FUARKKK

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 21: SLEEP DA **** IN!

Didn't do a DAMN thing today and it felt great. Well I guess I got in a little cardio right when I woke up *wink wink* ;)! I was in a pretty good mood when I got off work last night and decided that I'd make the wife some scrambled eggs and pancakes for breakfast when we got home (she worked as well so we drove together). Ended up helping myself to some... Recompadrol FTW, especially since this didn't really count as an IF day :p! Was damn good. Then we went to bed around 9:30AM and didn't get up until 4:30PM. Slept great. Did some abs for 15mins and then left for work. Popped my BG as soon as I got here. Will be eating again around 9:30PM. So tempted to order a pizza but the wife packed me a good lunch :)! The carb-up with that Parmesan chicken seemed to do me some good with Legs the following day and whats up for tomorrow??? LEGS!

FUAAAAAAAA!!!!

DJ

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I slept in today too, rainy. Taught a gung fu class & relaxed :)

Took some Gold Feast fruit punch with dinner...yum :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I slept in today too, rainy. Taught a gung fu class & relaxed :)

Took some Gold Feast fruit punch with dinner...yum :)
I didn't really mind taking today off especially if I'm lifting legs later today. Sometimes running the day before can cause pre-fatigue for the weight lifting which really hinders any noticeable gains. My legs have fully recovered from the last leg day and I'm totally ready to kill it tomorrow and see what kind of numbers I can put up.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 22: LIBERATING LEGS

Woke up today totally pumped that it was leg day. I was ready to get in there and break some more records and push the weight and reps to higher levels. Popped BG around 3:15PM and headed to the gym around 4PM with Purple Wraath in tow. Now it was poor time management on my part, but today was an overtime shift at work. The way it works is if they need me, they DON'T call me, and if they don't need me then they will call me usually no later than 5:15PM to tell me to stay home. I was told at work last night I'd most likely be called off. So I was planning on getting a call about midway through my workout telling me not to come in so I could keep pushing the weights. Well that call never came so I had to cut my workout in half but not without giving it my all. The gym was freakin' PACKED today! Didn't even do Leg Press because they were taken every time I looked at them so I just worked out what I could with what equipment was available to me.

Weight: ??? Still haven't checked! Maybe I'll find a scale around here in one of the patient's rooms and check myself.

SQUATS: 135x10,10 185x10 (+2 over last time) 205x8 (+2) 225x4 (+1) I really considered doing another rep with 225 but the 4th one was a little hard and I almost stalled in the bottom and I didn't feel like bailing on the weight and looking retarded so I just said 4 was enough. Wanted to save some strength for Leg Press... which unfortunately didn't happen...

SEATED CALF RAISES: 160x15,15,15,15 Good lord I could not walk after getting up from this!

FRONT SQUATS: 95x10 135x8,8,8 Oh so thats where all my energy went!

LEG EXTENSIONS: 150x10,10 140x10 125x6 squeeze/hold at the top for 1 second

My legs were shaking so much it was hard to take my shoes off when I got into the car. I wish I could have hit the legpress because I really wanted to try 495 today but alas I was not given the opportunity! NEXT TIME BITCHES!

To note: I notice my mood to be increasingly elevated lately. In a good way. Constantly in a good mood, upbeat, cheery and spirited. And I'm not requiring as much caffeine at work anymore. This is my third night in a row and I have yet to grab a Diet Coke. Diggin it!

Shoulders (my fav) tomorrow!

DJ

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
You fukkin killed it bro!!! Ps I also Love the titles you give to your workouts. Always pumps me up. FUARK now I'm ready to hit dead lifts tomorrow

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You fukkin killed it bro!!! Ps I also Love the titles you give to your workouts. Always pumps me up. FUARK now I'm ready to hit dead lifts tomorrow
HAhaha yea I started doing those titles somewhere in this thread. Kinda wanted to give it some humor/spice it up ;) Glad you like them. I always sit here pondering what words to use lol. Glad you are getting some motivation! That is in turn giving me some motivation!!! YEAAAA BUDDY! I REALLY wish I didn't have to work tonight. Would have given me a chance to do the leg press. Grrrrrrr....

Tomorrow's goals:

DB OH PRESS: 55x4x10 or perhaps 60s??? I'll have to see how it feels. Its always about the STRETCH/SQUEEZE for me. If I can't feel it I drop it down. Had some tweaks in my left shoulder last time but I worked through it and it went away. Hope it doesn't show up tomorrow.

OH SHRUGS: 65x25,25,25,25 STRAIGHT BLASTIN' DEM TRAPS

SCAPTION: I really need to push beyond 10 reps on the 4th set with 20lbs (20x10,10,10,10+) before I move to 25s.

Thats all for now :D!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
HAhaha yea I started doing those titles somewhere in this thread. Kinda wanted to give it some humor/spice it up ;) Glad you like them. I always sit here pondering what words to use lol. Glad you are getting some motivation! That is in turn giving me some motivation!!! YEAAAA BUDDY! I REALLY wish I didn't have to work tonight. Would have given me a chance to do the leg press. Grrrrrrr....

Tomorrow's goals:

DB OH PRESS: 55x4x10 or perhaps 60s??? I'll have to see how it feels. Its always about the STRETCH/SQUEEZE for me. If I can't feel it I drop it down. Had some tweaks in my left shoulder last time but I worked through it and it went away. Hope it doesn't show up tomorrow.

OH SHRUGS: 65x25,25,25,25 STRAIGHT BLASTIN' DEM TRAPS

SCAPTION: I really need to push beyond 10 reps on the 4th set with 20lbs (20x10,10,10,10+) before I move to 25s.

Thats all for now :D!
Awesome goals bro keep up the good work!! Nice overhead Db press too!! What is scaption??

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome goals bro keep up the good work!! Nice overhead Db press too!! What is scaption??
It's in between a front raise and a lateral raise. So your arms are going out at 45 degree angles from your body. It's like a two-for-one, working most of the delt in the process. I do mine with a "thumbs up" grip on the DBs.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's a diagram I just thought up lol...

From overhead:

-o- <--- Lateral raise (stub arms!)
|o| <--- Front raise
\o/ <--- Scaption (not quite 45 degrees but you get the idea)

****ING SCIENCE.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Here's a diagram I just thought up lol...

From overhead:

-o- <--- Lateral raise (stub arms!)
|o| <--- Front raise
\o/ <--- Scaption (not quite 45 degrees but you get the idea)

****ING SCIENCE.
I'm giving reps when I get my internet back

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most epic ****ing day in the gym ever. Update to come.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 23: SORE AS S*** SHOULDERS

Today was epic in the biggest of ways. I was not prepared for what my body was going to give me. I went in with goals in mind and exceeded them by my greatest expectations! Wife woke me up at 3:10 so we could get up and moving because she was going to a body works class at 4:30 and wanted to leave by 4PM. So I shot out of bed (very groggy at this point... working 3 night shifts in a row sucks) and swallowed down my BG and prepared my PW drink. Got to the gym by 4:15PM and then the epicness began.

ARE YOU READY???

SEATED OVERHEAD DB PRESS: 55x10,10,10,12 40x8 for a good stretch/squeeze burnout. These weren't no ***** presses either. I wasn't just pounding the reps out as quick as possible. These were nice controlled movements making sure every shoulder muscle group was getting its ass kicked. The only time I struggled was on the extra 2 reps in the 4th set but otherwise it felt fantastic and I started to swell up real quick.

BARBELL OVERHEAD SHRUG: 45x10 65x25,25,25,25 immediately followed by (for burnout)...

[DB SHRUGS]: 75x12 60x10 40x10 with a nice hold/squeeze especially with the reps using the 40s. My traps were on fire.

SCAPTION: 20x10,10,10,10,10 Extra set, pretty sure I can move to 25s for 4 sets :D

DB REAR DELT FLYS: 15x10,10,10,10,10 Extra set :D

FACE PULLS: 50x10 60x10,10 70x10 Up in weight. Traps are toast.

At this point my wife still had 10 minutes left in her class. Usually I would stop here but I decided I'd keep going. It was either lift some more weights or walk on the treadmill until she's done. The weights were calling my name.

MACHINE REAR DELT FLYS: 105x10,10,10,10 60neg x12 the freaking negatives had me almost to tears I was in so much GLORIOUS pain!

So there you have it. I PR'd on practically every freaking lift and I walked out of that gym with my shoulders destroyed. It hurt trying to lift my arm to apply deodorant to myself after I got out of the shower coming back from the gym lol. I had a ****ING GREAT DAY!

Time for some tasty chicken breasts on the grill with green beans and red potatoes! YUM!

Tomorrow is rest day but the wife wants to do some cardio so I may go with and see if I can survive LISS for longer than 2 miles haha.

Oh and one last thing... WEIGHT: 231lbs Moving up. I'd say I'm responding well to the calorie surplus, don't ya think?

Stay tuned because I'm NOT DONE YET!!!

DJ

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Double post FTW!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good night son you on a roll n then some!! Intensity is the name of the game!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amazingly delicious!

ForumRunner_20120830_214618.png

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
needs some BACON!!!!:food:
Haha I thought about throwing some in with the beans but didn't grab any at the grocery store.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Nice shoulder day bro I be hitting mine tomorrow

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 24: CHILLIN' WITH CARDIO

Sipping on some Purple Wraath as I type this!

LISS style. Actually made it to 2.5 miles today without feeling like I was going to die. Which I find very strange. A month ago I was doing HIIT on a treadmill in Jamaica and was FLYING through it with ease and now I'm doing LISS and feel like I can barely make it. So strange. That's what taking almost a month off of cardio will do to you ;)!

Weight: 227lbs fluctuating quite a bit!

Ran 2.5 miles in 25 minutes at a 6.1mph pace and burned 480 calories (numbers do not include warmup/cooldown). Felt decent. The strange thing was I wasn't gassed or mentally not in the game towards the end of the run... I just felt like my airway was starting to swell up and it was getting harder to breathe. I'm chalking this one up as a exercise-induced asthma flare up. I used to have asthma as a kid and since I've grown up I've "grown out of it" but every once in awhile I feel this way sometimes. I'm sure the next time I run it'll be gone.

Tomorrow is back/bis day and I yet again went to WalMart to get some groceries and forgot to buy myself some knee high socks. I'm getting tired of tearing my shins up. Still have scabs from last weeks lifts and all it takes is for the bar to scrape them one time and those scabs rip off and the blood begins to drip! Guess I'll pick some up before I hit the gym tomorrow. Tomorrow also starts 4-nights in a row workweek :(! Suckage.

On a sidenote I have finally compiled all of my supplements for my natty stack to begin after my Lecheek log (kicks off and) finishes up. So please stay tuned!

DJ

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
a month off of cardio will do that, lol....good news is it doesn't take that long to get it back, usually for me a few workouts and good to go.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
DAY 24: CHILLIN' WITH CARDIO

Sipping on some Purple Wraath as I type this!

LISS style. Actually made it to 2.5 miles today without feeling like I was going to die. Which I find very strange. A month ago I was doing HIIT on a treadmill in Jamaica and was FLYING through it with ease and now I'm doing LISS and feel like I can barely make it. So strange. That's what taking almost a month off of cardio will do to you ;)!

Weight: 227lbs fluctuating quite a bit!

Ran 2.5 miles in 25 minutes at a 6.1mph pace and burned 480 calories (numbers do not include warmup/cooldown). Felt decent. The strange thing was I wasn't gassed or mentally not in the game towards the end of the run... I just felt like my airway was starting to swell up and it was getting harder to breathe. I'm chalking this one up as a exercise-induced asthma flare up. I used to have asthma as a kid and since I've grown up I've "grown out of it" but every once in awhile I feel this way sometimes. I'm sure the next time I run it'll be gone.

Tomorrow is back/bis day and I yet again went to WalMart to get some groceries and forgot to buy myself some knee high socks. I'm getting tired of tearing my shins up. Still have scabs from last weeks lifts and all it takes is for the bar to scrape them one time and those scabs rip off and the blood begins to drip! Guess I'll pick some up before I hit the gym tomorrow. Tomorrow also starts 4-nights in a row workweek :(! Suckage.

On a sidenote I have finally compiled all of my supplements for my natty stack to begin after my Lecheek log (kicks off and) finishes up. So please stay tuned!

DJ
I hear ya with both the cardio and working bro... **** sucks!! And natty stack? You gonna challenge someone???2

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 25: BARBARIC BACK & BICEPS

Had my alarm set for 1PM. Was startled out of a dream as my alarm went off. The dream I had was quite crazy and I'm not sure why I was dreaming about it. I was in a gym. But it was a very strange gym. It was like a big warehouse, yet half of it was outside. There were no windows or doors to the outside... it was just like you could walk right out. Like half the building was missing or something. The outside was a beach area with weights. And who were my lifting partners? None other than Ronnie Coleman, Kai Greene, and Jay Cutler. It was the STRANGEST dream I've ever had, especially considering this is the first dream I've been able to recall actually having in MONTHS. Jay was helping me on the leg extension. But the entire machine, weight stack and all, was out of position. So while I was sitting on the machine I told Jay it was crooked. So he just moved the whole thing, including me sitting on it, to a proper positon. And then I woke up.

WTF. Was I ready to get in the gym or what? All I had on my minds was lifting weights. I woke up and knew I was in for something special. Popped my Blue Gene. Played a game on the computer for awhile. Half hour later I was out the door. Finally stopped at WalMart and bought me some calf-high socks to protect my shins. GOOD THING I BOUGHT THEM.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

DEADLIFT: 135x12 185x10(+2) 225x10(+2) 275x8(+2) 315x5(+2) Not necessarily PRs, but I am deadlifting with correct form now and the weight and reps are starting to get back to where they were when I was just deadlifting with only my back :D! (410x1 is my goal for the future ATM)

KNEELING UNDERHAND GRIP PULLDOWNS: 30x10,10,10,10 Under weight by 5lbs compared to last week but I wasn't using a machine at all this time I was using a... well I'm not sure what you would call it. A pulley station? Anyway this 30lbs felt heavier than last week's 35lbs lol.

ONE ARM DB ROWS: 45x10 40x12 35x15 70x6 That is the most weight I've ever one-arm rowed before. Came out of nowhere.

CLOSE GRIP SEATED ROW: 70x10,10,10,10

BENT OVER ROW: 135x10 felt good but I was moving to fast and not getting a squeeze I wanted so I moved down 105x8,8,8 BOOYAH! Good stretch/pause+squeeze with each rep.

NEUTRAL GRIP CHIN UPS: BWx5,4,3 now this may seem ridiculous I did little reps. Technically they aren't chin ups. They are sternum-ups. And they are controlled movements. Not some fast Crossfit BS. And at the top of the rep I would squeeze my lats with all my might and slowly lower myself back down and stretch out all the way. But I wasn't done putting the FIRE in those lats just yet.

NEUTRAL GRIP HANGING LAT SHRUG: BWx25,20,18,20 oh lord did that hurt!

DIP STATION LOCKED ARM LAT SHRUG: BWx15,12 hurt even more (in a good way!)! Next week I'm going to start alternating the lat shrug movements because doing them back to back is too much. Felt great though.

HAMMER CURL: 40x8,8,8,8

INCLINE DB CURL: 20x10,10,10,10 the pump I got from this was RIDICULOUS. And I'm not using agmatine or anything. It hurt to put my phone to my ear to call my wife when I was done.

Straight up roasted my lats and biceps today. I felt enormous when I walked out of the gym. The pumps i had going everywhere felt fantastic. Finally know what Arnold was talkin' about in PUMPING IRON ;) the pumps were that good. Can't wait to run this again next week. I think I'll eliminate/alternate on of the rows, either one-arm or seated, because I feel like its overtraining. I was surprised the 70lbs DB came up so easily... moreso for the right hand than then left (I'm right handed so that makes sense). Glad to see deadlift finally moving up. Next week its time to see where my 1MR exists. Will attempt 350x1 and go from there. Should be fun :D!

Chest/Tris tomorrow. Can't wait to see what else I will bust a PR in :)!

Stay tuned,

DJ

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Had my alarm set for 1PM. Was startled out of a dream as my alarm went off. The dream I had was quite crazy and I'm not sure why I was dreaming about it. I was in a gym. But it was a very strange gym. It was like a big warehouse, yet half of it was outside. There were no windows or doors to the outside... it was just like you could walk right out. Like half the building was missing or something. The outside was a beach area with weights. And who were my lifting partners? None other than Ronnie Coleman, Kai Greene, and Jay Cutler. It was the STRANGEST dream I've ever had, especially considering this is the first dream I've been able to recall actually having in MONTHS. Jay was helping me on the leg extension. But the entire machine, weight stack and all, was out of position. So while I was sitting on the machine I told Jay it was crooked. So he just moved the whole thing, including me sitting on it, to a proper positon. And then I woke up.

WTF. Was I ready to get in the gym or what? All I had on my minds was lifting weights. I woke up and knew I was in for something special. Popped my Blue Gene. Played a game on the computer for awhile. Half hour later I was out the door. Finally stopped at WalMart and bought me some calf-high socks to protect my shins. GOOD THING I BOUGHT THEM.

DEADLIFT: 135x12 185x10(+2) 225x10(+2) 275x8(+2) 315x5(+2) Not necessarily PRs, but I am deadlifting with correct form now and the weight and reps are starting to get back to where they were when I was just deadlifting with only my back :D! (410x1 is my goal for the future ATM)

KNEELING UNDERHAND GRIP PULLDOWNS: 30x10,10,10,10 Under weight by 5lbs compared to last week but I wasn't using a machine at all this time I was using a... well I'm not sure what you would call it. A pulley station? Anyway this 30lbs felt heavier than last week's 35lbs lol.

ONE ARM DB ROWS: 45x10 40x12 35x15 70x6 That is the most weight I've ever one-arm rowed before. Came out of nowhere.

BENT OVER ROW: 135x10 felt good but I was moving to fast and not getting a squeeze I wanted so I moved down 105x8,8,8 BOOYAH! Good stretch/pause+squeeze with each rep.

NEUTRAL GRIP CHIN UPS: BWx5,4,3 now this may seem ridiculous I did little reps. Technically they aren't chin ups. They are sternum-ups. And they are controlled movements. Not some fast Crossfit BS. And at the top of the rep I would squeeze my lats with all my might and slowly lower myself back down and stretch out all the way. But I wasn't done putting the FIRE in those lats just yet.

DIP STATION LOCKED ARM LAT SHRUG: BWx15,12 hurt even more (in a good way!)! Next week I'm going to start alternating the lat shrug movements because doing them back to back is too much. Felt great though.

INCLINE DB CURL: 20x10,10,10,10 the pump I got from this was RIDICULOUS. And I'm not using agmatine or anything. It hurt to put my phone to my ear to call my wife when I was done.

Straight up roasted my lats and biceps today. I felt enormous when I walked out of the gym. The pumps i had going everywhere felt fantastic. Finally know what Arnold was talkin' about in PUMPING IRON ;) the pumps were that good. Can't wait to run this again next week. I think I'll eliminate/alternate on of the rows, either one-arm or seated, because I feel like its overtraining. I was surprised the 70lbs DB came up so easily... moreso for the right hand than then left (I'm right handed so that makes sense). Glad to see deadlift finally moving up. Next week its time to see where my 1MR exists. Will attempt 350x1 and go from there. Should be fun :D!

Stay tuned,

DJ
Wow, lot of details here. Great job logging DJ. Feels like I am reading a story. Very interesting and easy to follow.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, lot of details here. Great job logging DJ. Feels like I am reading a story. Very interesting and easy to follow.
Thank you sir :) and you aren't the first person to have told me that. I like to convey things in a manner that are easy to understand and simple to follow along with. I type like I talk, and this is also what got me in trouble with my English classes in high school because I was just a "vocal" typist and not using preferred paper "speech-writing" etiquette or whatever bull**** they came up with. Like all I do now is write ****ing essays? LOL. I will continue to type that way here, dammit!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
This , good job man you fukcin killed it today

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OHHHHHHH ****ZZZZZZZ DJ that is insane, inspiring, wicked, brother!!! Way to kick some buttttt.

Stay tuned,

DJ

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OHHHHHHH ****ZZZZZZZ DJ that is insane, inspiring, wicked, brother!!! Way to kick some buttttt.
You know it packers bro! I'm feeling it in my back today lemme tell ya. HOOOOOOO BOY!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you sir :) and you aren't the first person to have told me that. I like to convey things in a manner that are easy to understand and simple to follow along with. I type like I talk, and this is also what got me in trouble with my English classes in high school because I was just a "vocal" typist and not using preferred paper "speech-writing" etiquette or whatever bull**** they came up with. Like all I do now is write ****ing essays? LOL. I will continue to type that way here, dammit!
LOL, your stuff is good !!!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is the only guy who goes to the gym that I have seen anyway, and leave bloody. Hey you should have seen the other guy. Other guy meaning the barbells, dumbbell and anything else DJ gets his mitts on.