DJBeanPole Turns Colors with BLUE Gene and PURPLE Wraath! (sponsored)

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
  1. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole

Like this?

lol... your avatar...
    Exactly!!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Random Note:

Weighed myself tonight on one of the scales in the hospital. I stepped on it and guess 105kg. It was actually 106kg. Or 233lbs. Now this is not my usual time to weigh myself nor is it the usual scale I weigh myself but I'm not sure how trustworthy the one at the gym is especially considering every time I go to get on it its never placed back in the zero position. So from now on I'll try weighing myself at work. I'm going to guess my weight is more around 227-228lbs since I have 2 rather large meals sitting in my IN-TEST-TINES.

Tomorrow is Chest/Tris. I'd really like to bang out 80x10x4 with the DBs but I think 75 may be a more realistic goal (for benchpress). In fact I may even switch over to barbell just to see where I am... hmmm...
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Random Note:

Weighed myself tonight on one of the scales in the hospital. I stepped on it and guess 105kg. It was actually 106kg. Or 233lbs. Now this is not my usual time to weigh myself nor is it the usual scale I weigh myself but I'm not sure how trustworthy the one at the gym is especially considering every time I go to get on it its never placed back in the zero position. So from now on I'll try weighing myself at work. I'm going to guess my weight is more around 227-228lbs since I have 2 rather large meals sitting in my IN-TEST-TINES.

Tomorrow is Chest/Tris. I'd really like to bang out 80x10x4 with the DBs but I think 75 may be a more realistic goal (for benchpress). In fact I may even switch over to barbell just to see where I am... hmmm...
    Either way bro I know you're gonna crush it bro I can't wait to see what you do **** yeah man !!!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

DAY 27: CHALLENGING CHEST & TRANSFORMING TRIS

Kick ass update today! My old workout partner, the one that has been flaking on me lately, decided to go with me today. I told him I was going to tear his **** up and in the process that is exactly what happened to me. And it was rather unexpected! Woke up at 2PM, popped my BG, hung out with the wife for a few, made my Purple Wraath concoction and picked up my partner. And then the fun ensued...

BARBELL BENCHPRESS: 45x15 135x12 185x10 205x10 225x3+2assisted 185x7 Had been doing DB benchpress for the past few weeks and decided it was time to see where I stood with the barbell. I REALLY wanted to get 225x5 but I think doing the 205x10 before that really gassed my chest. Next time I throw down on barbell and want more reps in the higher weight I need to not go so hard in the earlier sets... but thats not in my nature! I was somewhat disappointed...

INCLINE DB PRESS: 55x10,7 got heavy... 45x8... still heavy... 40x10,10... and now I felt even more disappointed. Last week for chest I did 55x10,10,10,9! What the hell! But then I started to notice something. My chest began to fill back up with blood and the pumps were ridiculous. Just out of control ridiculous. I felt like steel. So what if I wasn't pushing as heavy. That has never been the goal of my sets. If I can't feel the stretch and squeeze I retreat to a lighter weight. Moving down to 40lbs really helped open my chest up, giving me a huge stretch and a painful squeeze. That in my mind, and later in how I felt walking around in the gym, was actually more beneficial in helping me get more out of my workout. I don't remember feeling so pumped/stretch/good the last time I did chest, even though last week mentally I was excited I pushed so heavy. Very interesting... So now that I'm not so disappointed...

DECLINE BARBELL PRESS: Threw this one in here because my partner likes it 155x10,10 185x6 135x8

HIGH CABLE FLYS: 40x10,10,10,10 I need to alternate/rotate this workout with other chest accessory moves. I noticed I keep doing it every week and I need to change it up. Got a nice pump here as well to really round out the chest portion of this workout.

DIPS: BWx10,10,6 WORKOUT HIGHLIGHT: My partner was using the kneepad to assist himself with the dips and in his first set he started to give out on his 5th rep. So I told him to keep pushing and he did and got the rep. So I told him do one more. On his push back up for the 6th rep what I thought was a rather loud exhale from him to help him push up and complete the rep was actually a loudly cut FART. I had to walk away from the machine for a minute before starting my sets... had me ****ing laughing out loud in the gym screaming out "I NEED A NEW PARTNER!" lol

ROPE PULLDOWN & SPREAD: 60x10,10 50x10,10 these burn SO BAD!

SKULLCRUSHERS: 55x12,12,12,7 Less weight, more reps. Last set I slowed my timings down in the lift to really control it and the triceps screamed out in pain as I attempted and failed at the 8th rep. At this point my arms were noodles.

NO ATTACHMENT PULLDOWN: 30x8 20x10,10,10 30x5

Postworkout thoughts: The strangest thing has been happening more often after each workout. I go home in the best mood ever. Its almost like I'm high. I'm euphoric. I'm not zoned out or in a haze... I just have a really good sense of well being and its like nothing could stop me from feeling happy. Its so hard to describe this feeling or why it happens. Almost like my endorphins are having a party in my brain because of how well the workout went. It gets even more pronounced after I've had my postworkout meal/shake/creatine. So I worked out from 3-5PM, ate, showered, and drive into work around 6PM. That whole time I was driving I just felt so... GOOD. Like a serious mental high. It felt AWESOME. And I just felt this huge rush of clean energy. I've been working the past 2 nights (one 12 hour shift followed by a 16 hour shift... and before today's workout I only got 5 hours of sleep [1 more than yesterday lol] so I'm also accusing that for being a reason as to why I lacked in performance with bench/incline) and I don't feel tired at all. I have no need to go and grab a diet coke or splash some MIO energy into my water. I just feel wide awake and happy. Its the best feeling ever and I don't know where its coming from.

Stay tuned,

High as a kite DJ
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

It's coming from being a fuking alpha male brah. Keep crushing it im gonna hit chest and bis after work. Can't wait!!! Impressive Barbell too bro
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

DAY 28: LEAVIN' IT ALL AT THE GYM LEGS

This is one for the record books. I don't even know how to begin to describe how ecstatic I was leaving the gym today. If what bmftisftw is saying is true about feeling alpha, then good lord I was definitely feeling it today. I went in to day mentally unprepared for what was about to happen. I usually despise leg day and never look forward to it. I just view it as a day I need to do in order to get it out of the way so I can go enjoy the other 3 workout days that much more. For the longest time I feel like my legs have been lagging and falling behind while my benchpress and deadlift numbers continue to increase. Gentlemen.... the plateau has been BROKEN.

SQUATS: 45x12 135x6 185x6 225x6 250x2 This is the first time I've been able to lift above and beyond 225 in over 3 years. The funny thing is 250 felt lighter than 225. The first rep was easy and my workout partner almost grabbed the bar to help me walk it back into the rack until I yelled at him "I'M GOING FOR TWO ARGGGG" and BOOM went down and pushed with all my might and popped up a second rep all with good form, and all with knees to slightly below parallel. THAT felt ****ing AWESOME. My workout partner has continued to bust through multiple PRs of his own and set a few himself today. I told him that there are, in my opinion, two stages when lifting weights. You are either in a plateau, or you are skyrocketing. I told him that when I used to powerlift I was stuck on 225 for MONTHS. And then one day out of nowhere my body said "I can handle more" and my numbers shot up QUICK. I told him he was currently in his 'skyrocket' stage, and that I just pummeled my plateau. I'm now expecting my numbers to go up from here on out until I reach that next plateau. DAMN it felt good to finally beat that 225!!!!

LEGPRESS WE AREN'T DONE YET! 215x10 305x10 395x10 485x8 535x6 FFFFUUUUAAARRRK HELLLLLLO 500lbs!!!

HAMSTRING CURLS: 160x10,10,10

That was all the time I had for in the gym I had to take my workout partner home so he could go to a meeting for work and I had to get ready for work myself anyway. But there is my GIANT ****ING AWESOME EPIC LEG DAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!!

Sadly though, I think I only have 1 day left of PW that I'll save for Thursday (shoulders). Tomorrow will be an off day. Only 2 days left of BG. So things will conclude with both supplements Thursday night and I plan on getting a final VIDEO review up by late Friday evening/early Saturday morning. I'm a night owl !

Stay tuned,

DJ's legs
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Oh Happy days Oh Happy Days!! Geeese brother that is crunk like that's what's up! Killed it brother straight murdered the mofo!
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!

8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211
    Oh Happy days Oh Happy Days!! Geeese brother that is crunk like that's what's up! Killed it brother straight murdered the mofo!
    Thanks brother. At least someone cares! I think my long walls of text scares people away from my logs! Oh ****... Not more reading! Lol.

Final workout with BG+PW happening later today. Shoulders. My fav.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  9. Registered User

Wow it's coming to an end...it's been a great journey though, and it seems in these 30 days you've made great progress.

I'm sure you always make progress every 30 days, but would you say with the help of these products, it's been more helpful in the gym/recovery?
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    DAY 28: LEAVIN' IT ALL AT THE GYM LEGS

This is one for the record books. I don't even know how to begin to describe how ecstatic I was leaving the gym today. If what bmftisftw is saying is true about feeling alpha, then good lord I was definitely feeling it today. I went in to day mentally unprepared for what was about to happen. I usually despise leg day and never look forward to it. I just view it as a day I need to do in order to get it out of the way so I can go enjoy the other 3 workout days that much more. For the longest time I feel like my legs have been lagging and falling behind while my benchpress and deadlift numbers continue to increase. Gentlemen.... the plateau has been BROKEN.

SQUATS: 45x12 135x6 185x6 225x6 250x2 This is the first time I've been able to lift above and beyond 225 in over 3 years. The funny thing is 250 felt lighter than 225. The first rep was easy and my workout partner almost grabbed the bar to help me walk it back into the rack until I yelled at him "I'M GOING FOR TWO ARGGGG" and BOOM went down and pushed with all my might and popped up a second rep all with good form, and all with knees to slightly below parallel. THAT felt ****ing AWESOME. My workout partner has continued to bust through multiple PRs of his own and set a few himself today. I told him that there are, in my opinion, two stages when lifting weights. You are either in a plateau, or you are skyrocketing. I told him that when I used to powerlift I was stuck on 225 for MONTHS. And then one day out of nowhere my body said "I can handle more" and my numbers shot up QUICK. I told him he was currently in his 'skyrocket' stage, and that I just pummeled my plateau. I'm now expecting my numbers to go up from here on out until I reach that next plateau. DAMN it felt good to finally beat that 225!!!!

LEGPRESS WE AREN'T DONE YET! 215x10 305x10 395x10 485x8 535x6 FFFFUUUUAAARRRK HELLLLLLO 500lbs!!!

HAMSTRING CURLS: 160x10,10,10

That was all the time I had for in the gym I had to take my workout partner home so he could go to a meeting for work and I had to get ready for work myself anyway. But there is my GIANT ****ING AWESOME EPIC LEG DAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!!

Sadly though, I think I only have 1 day left of PW that I'll save for Thursday (shoulders). Tomorrow will be an off day. Only 2 days left of BG. So things will conclude with both supplements Thursday night and I plan on getting a final VIDEO review up by late Friday evening/early Saturday morning. I'm a night owl !

Stay tuned,

DJ's legs

This is truly amazing. The feeling of Alpha with the Blue Gene is unbelievable at times. I'm almost afraid to take it sometimes
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Wow it's coming to an end...it's been a great journey though, and it seems in these 30 days you've made great progress.

I'm sure you always make progress every 30 days, but would you say with the help of these products, it's been more helpful in the gym/recovery?
    Whattup RR! Just gobbled up the last of my BG. Somehow I had 6 pills leftover haha! One bonus pill for a final kick !

As to recovery in the gym... absolutely. I'll certainly go more in depth once I make my video review (I have a lot to say actually ) but I will just give you a hint to the answer of that question (don't wanna spoil the video review )...

When I lifted legs on 9/4 it was the most weight I've pushed for legs in squats (in over 3 years) and in leg press (EVER!). That was two days ago. In multiple MULTIPLE days and years of leg training I always get DOMS, and DOMS have been the most painful on the second day ALWAYS with legs. Like hurting so bad that I wouldn't walk up stairs at my job because I couldn't take it.

Today is DAY 2 of recovery from legs.

I haven't had any DOMS to speak of.

'Nuff said.

Heading to the gym in 15 minutes. Bittersweet that this amazing CL run is wrapping up! But DAMN has it been a beneficial BLAST!

Stay tuned,

DJ
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  12. Registered User

Wow that is INSANE. I can't WAIT for your video review, I will be posting that everywhere!
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

this was a solid ass log i cant wait till your next one dj
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

DAY 29: RELAXING REST

Easy enough. Didn't rest on the eating though. Crammed in damn near 4000 calories. Cleanly I might add. Damn I love bulking.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

DAY 30: SAYONARA SHOULDERS!

And CL continues to deliver with BG & PW. COLOR ME IMPRESSED ! Gonna make this update post short and sweet because I've got to run to the grocery store for the wife so she can cook me dinner (that was the deal... I buy em, she cooks it!)!!!

SEATED NO BACK SUPPORTOVERHEAD DB PRESS: 20x15 40x10,10,10,10 Had to bold that "no back support" because I didn't want people to scoff at me only lifting 40s when last time I was using 55. Thats I didn't use the seat that hand a support... instead I chose a flat bench and forced myself to lockout my back which completely ISOLATES just the shoulder so that you aren't "cheating" with the support. Was foreign at first... I wanted to lean back like you do sometimes with the support. Not this time. The blasted the shoulders more than the back support would have! Doing these from now on!

OVERHEAD BARBELL SHRUG: 70x25,25,25 95x25 From got a little shaky there on the 95 towards the end but my traps were toast after that.

SCAPTION: 20x10,10,10,13 FINALLY! Last week was an extra set of 20x10x5 but now that I popped 10+ on the fourth set I can attempt 25s next week !

FACE PULLS: 60x10,10 70x10,10 Movin on UP!

REAR DELT FLYS: 20x0 felt a pull in my right shoulder and did not want to continue in case it was serious (only hurt for the first attempt haven't felt anything since) so I moved on to the machine (pecdec in reverse) for stabilization: 105x10 125x10 145x10 85xneg 6,6

REAR DELT PULLEY RAISE: 20x8,8

PRs again in almost everything. Good ****. EVERYWHERE.

Final/Video review tomorrow.

Stay tuned,

DJ
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Wife just left a little bit ago. I'm gonna hit up the gym, grocery store, and come back here and shoot the vid. I've already got my notes laid out and I'm ready to give Controlled Labs a good show. Shooting the video isn't the time consuming part, uploading it to youtube is. I'll upload it as soon as possible!

Please stay tuned!

DJ
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Decided to shoot my video and let it upload while I was at the gym. Check back later tonight
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Apologies to all. Mother nature decided to go ahead and thunderstorm and when I got back to the gym my computer was off. When I turned it back on the video had only completed 17% of the upload... so needless to say its gonna be awhile before it gets posted. Sorry everyone.

Stay tuned,

DJ
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Video is currently processing... but in the meantime here are some before/after pics. Before's are right before I left for my honeymoon. After were taken yesterday.

Front Before/After

Side Before/After

Back w/ Arm out Before/After

Back Mass (no good before shot.... didn't take one in this pose prior to honeymoon)

Left Bicep Flex Side (no comparison here so this is an after shot, just for the hell of it)

Things to note: I had JUST finished 3 months of cutting w/ EC in the before shots. The after shots are after 1 month of a bulk diet. I'm anticipating losing my abs showing through later on since thats where my accumulation of fat tissue seems to be primarily which makes me sad but then again its expected with a bulk. Spring CUT will TEAR THAT **** UP !

Enjoy. Ooooh.... vid is done processing ! Up soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

I'm not sure why that one pic is on there twice (the one on the bottom) lol... can't see it when I go to edit?
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Dang it brother JD I believe this first time I've seen your pics. Wicked lean, and getting some nice mass as well. You got some big ass arms to!

22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Dang it brother JD I believe this first time I've seen your pics. Wicked lean, and getting some nice mass as well. You got some big ass arms to!
    You mean DJ? lol
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

And WTF... youtube took a **** and erased my vid. Like it didn't even upload. I'm pissed. Uploading again.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Dang it DJ I am sorry I've been up since 4 something yesterday morning! ZZZ time for hulk!

25. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Bro, do you even lift??? Jk jk you're gettin massive son.. gonna be ABs size soon, slow down making me look bad haha
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Finally the videos are done. I'm not sure what happened. Lighting first, then youtube straight up sucked, and then I decided I should split the video since it was ~20 minutes long. Super detailed, had a lot of good things to say. Sorry if I say uhhh and pause a lot, I had "on camera" jitters for some reason lol.

Without further ado, what you all have been waiting for...
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  28. Registered User

wow this is awesome, thank you bro. amazing log, transformation & video review.... let me know if you'd like to log anymore products, your def one of the more solid loggers around!
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Guess I forgot to post part 2? Da hell... I was tired last night lol.

GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    wow this is awesome, thank you bro. amazing log, transformation & video review.... let me know if you'd like to log anymore products, your def one of the more solid loggers around!
    I'd always be down for anything man! If Controlled Labs ever needs a detailed log with video reviews like this one on any of their products just let me know (as long as I'm not running another sponsored log ) This CL run treated me real nice! I'm pretty sure Blue Gene will be making it into my cabinet as a staple supplement
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

I'd always be down for anything man! If Controlled Labs ever needs a detailed log with video reviews like this one on any of their products just let me know (as long as I'm not running another sponsored log ) This CL run treated me real nice! I'm pretty sure Blue Gene will be making it into my cabinet as a staple supplement
    Looks like I'm going to try some in the near future too cause of this log
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    Looks like I'm going to try some in the near future too cause of this log
    Yeaaa buddy! Positive reinforcement by word of mouth! Exactly what I was hoping would happen when people see my reviews! Gives them an idea of what to expect on things they may have never tried !
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  33. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

I'm a CL virgin
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

I'm a CL virgin
    Whaaaaaat!!! Damn man you need to get down with some of their stuff! I personally have been using Orange Triad (multi) for months now. That profile is outstanding.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  35. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Whaaaaaat!!! Damn man you need to get down with some of their stuff! I personally have been using Orange Triad (multi) for months now. That profile is outstanding.
    I'm gonna see if nutra has any deals
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

I'm gonna see if nutra has any deals
    Pretty sure they have one (or had, dunno if Labor day sale going on) for OT+shaker cup+20 (or 40? I think its 20) servings of their white flood preworkout. GOGOGO!!!!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  37. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Pretty sure they have one (or had, dunno if Labor day sale going on) for OT+shaker cup+20 (or 40? I think its 20) servings of their white flood preworkout. GOGOGO!!!!
    I'm still broke I just moved into my apartment lol
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw

I'm still broke I just moved into my apartment lol
    Then keep eating your foods! Get all ur vits that way!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  39. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Then keep eating your foods! Get all ur vits that way!
    Truth
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Epic vids by the pro master vid DJ you da man!

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Experience with Green MAGnitude and Purple Wraath!
    By thetinyguy in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 11:06 AM
  2. Gettin Mean with Blue Gene! (Sponsored)
    By Aaelael in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 12:33 AM
  3. Blue Gene and Osteobolin-C Unsponsered Log
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 09:13 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 07:18 PM
  5. Restructuring Genetics with BLUE GENE
    By jaymdubbs in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 44