Formula X/Division 1 Log (sponsored)

uvawahoowa

Awards
I've been pretty excited to start running this log. Many thanks to JD for being patient on my running this since I wanted to wait until after my wedding/honeymoon so I could get the most out of the stack. I tried to get bloodwork done before starting this stack, but my new doctor wouldn't do a test/free test/cortisol panel without specific symptoms warranting it. Bummer.

To give you some background, I competed in 3 bodybuilding comps this summer, the last one being 6/16. I have reverse dieted my way back up to ~3500 cals (will get into diet later). I lost a bit of strength during my contest prep, so the first goal for me is to recover that lost strength. I have gotten a little back over the last month or so, but with being out of town for two weeks and only having been eating over maintenance calories for a few weeks now I can only do so much. Now that I'm home and I can focus on diet and exercise I expect much more.

Diet:
Diet is 100% clean foods, macros currently at 350c/350p/95f with one day 400c/350p/95f For meals 2-6 I try to have at least 2 veggies, and at least one green veggie to keep fiber high and get in as many micronutrients naturally as possible. Protein is a little high in my diet right now, I'm working on addressing that and bringing it down to about 300g/day.

Sample day:
Meal 1
1 scoop whey
140g oats
2 whole eggs
5 egg whites
fish oil/cla

Meal 2
6 oz broccoli
6 oz tomato
2 tbsp natty pb
6 oz chicken
Meal 3 PWO Meal
525g Sweet potato
6 oz chicken
3 oz beets
3 oz spinach

Meal 4 Post workout meal
1.5 scoops whey
500g white potatoes
3oz chicken

Meal 5
6 oz broccoli
7 oz ny strip/sirloin/london broil steak
6 oz tomato
4 oz eggplant

Meal 6
3oz spinach
5oz beet greens
3oz beets
1 bell pepper
7 oz cod
4 oz eggplant
misc green veggies (celery, romaine, cauliflower, cucumber, collard greens, swiss chard, iceberg, etc. whatever I have around)

Training:
Training for this logging period will be 5 days lifting, 2-3 bodyparts per lift as follows:
Mon - AM HIIT Cardio | PM Back, Bis, Forearms
Tues - AM HIIT Cardio | PM Hams/Calves/Abs
Wed - Chest/Tris
Thurs - Abs/HIIT Cardio
Friday - Shoulders/Traps
Saturday - Quads/Calves
Sunday -off
Each session is 75-90mins, 4-5 exercises per large bodypart and 2-4 exercises per small bodypart, .5-2 minutes break in between sets. Cardio is 25 minutes - 5 tabata cycles on the elliptical with 1 minute at a moderate pace & resistance in between each cycle.

Injuries:
I have an old knee injury that affects me doing certain leg exercises from time to time. I have a cyst in the back of my knee, and sometimes I tweak it and it gets inflamed to the point where I can't do any exercise that involves leg extension. I've learned how to manage it, but that involves avoiding lunges all together and not going below parallel on squats or any squat variation.

Otherwise, I tweaked my back during contest prep and had to stop deadlifting. I have started back up again but not at the same weight as I was doing before. That will be another goal of mine to focus on is improving my squat and DL numbers

I will be starting dosing tomorrow with my morning lift of shoulders/traps. Here we go!

uvawahoowa

Awards
First couple days w/ division 1 and formula x...nothing too much to report. I haven't been sleeping well, I tried to start a stim break on Thursday...only lasted until I was driving last night at 11pm and I had to pop half a caffeine tab because I was literally falling asleep at the wheel. My workout yesterday was pretty ****ty, felt like I was running out of gas towards the end. But this morning's workout of legs was pretty solid. I took a 200mg caffeine tab with the formula x pre workout and got about 7 hrs sleep last night so I had plenty of energy. I have videos for deadlifts and front squats, if I can figure out how to post them I will throw them up here. Here is my workout from this morning:

Deadlifts 395x5,4,4,5

Leg Press (Full to the stops) 520x8,8,8; 530x8 (1.5 minute break between sets)

Front Squats 195x5,5,5,5,4 (rest-pause set on 5th set)

Horizontal Leg Press Tempo set (3010) 265x10,10,10 (Drop set on 3rd set)

FST-7 Leg extension 140=10,10,10,10,10,10,10

Seated Calf 235x12,12,12,12,12 (45sec break)

Standing calf 300x8,8,8,8,8 (5 second hold @ top on 8th rep for all sets)

Tomorrow is an off day, will post after Monday's workout of Back/bis/forearms

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
sub'd, athletix is good stuff

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
First couple days w/ division 1 and formula x...nothing too much to report. I haven't been sleeping well, I tried to start a stim break on Thursday...only lasted until I was driving last night at 11pm and I had to pop half a caffeine tab because I was literally falling asleep at the wheel. My workout yesterday was pretty ****ty, felt like I was running out of gas towards the end. But this morning's workout of legs was pretty solid. I took a 200mg caffeine tab with the formula x pre workout and got about 7 hrs sleep last night so I had plenty of energy. I have videos for deadlifts and front squats, if I can figure out how to post them I will throw them up here. Here is my workout from this morning:

Deadlifts 395x5,4,4,5

Leg Press (Full to the stops) 520x8,8,8; 530x8 (1.5 minute break between sets)

Front Squats 195x5,5,5,5,4 (rest-pause set on 5th set)

Horizontal Leg Press Tempo set (3010) 265x10,10,10 (Drop set on 3rd set)

FST-7 Leg extension 140=10,10,10,10,10,10,10

Seated Calf 235x12,12,12,12,12 (45sec break)

Standing calf 300x8,8,8,8,8 (5 second hold @ top on 8th rep for all sets)

Tomorrow is an off day, will post after Monday's workout of Back/bis/forearms
upload to youtube first then post

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice kick off! Love the detail, that diet is hardcore how long have you been running that? ever get any cheat meals in? Looks like you put 100% into working out and dieting, props to you sir!

Do you cycle caffeine a lot? I really need to start doing that.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Nice kick off! Love the detail, that diet is hardcore how long have you been running that? ever get any cheat meals in? Looks like you put 100% into working out and dieting, props to you sir!

Do you cycle caffeine a lot? I really need to start doing that.
I never really feel the need for a cheat meal...I'm not sure why. Compared to all the contest dieting I was doing this feels like cheating in comparison...so much more variety and quantity.

I did a 2 week stim break in June, but I was upwards of 700mg/day of caffeine for the majority of my 8 month contest dieting so I probably need to break for longer...it just sucks royally. I'm hoping that 200mg/day will help bring my tolerance down a bit.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Back on it this morning with Back/Bis. One thing I noticed right away when getting there is my vascularity was going crazy even before my warm up sets. Started with a great pump in my bis and forearms, I wish I could have taken a picture to post up here, but I was pretty sure if I did I would look like a complete douche to everyone around. Also, recovery has definitely improved along with sleep the past couple of nights. Yesterday was an off day, so I dosed the Formula X with dinner and had a great restful sleep. The workout was solid, had great pumps the whole way through and had tons of endurance.

I dropped a full meal today in an effort to drop protein a bit. So I had 5 meals for a total of about 290c/90f/270. Carbs were a little low, especially for a 2x workout day. I will be aiming for closer to 350 grams of carbs for tomorrow with the same amount of protein .

I am in the process of moving, so I am working out at a new gym so I can't really compare lifts at this point. Workout today was:

Reverse Grip Pullups 1.5 minute break between sets BWx10; BW+45x8,8; BW+55x8,8,7 (last set rest/pause for 2 additional reps, followed by 3 negatives)

T-bar rows 195x5,5,4,4,4 (Last set drop set)

V Bar cable rows 18(weight stack was in single digits rather than pounds)x8,8,8,8
Superset with Behind the neck pulldowns 10x10,10,10,10

1 arm Rows Full ROM 125x8,8,8

8x8 (30 sec breaks between sets, w/ 15 second flex) Super wide, neutral grip pulldowns 14x8,8,8,7,6,6,5,5

BB Curl 95x6,6,6,6 (3 negatives after last set)

Incline DB Hammer Curl 30sx8,8,8 (Last set followed by seated hammer curl 3 reps, followed by standing alternating hammer curl w/ twist 3 reps)

Reverse grip BB Curl Tempo sets (3010) 65x10,10,10

Preacher Curl Close Grip Extra Large EZ Bar 50x8,6,6,6,5,5,5 (Went a too heavy to start on this one)

Also did evening HIIT tonight for 25 minutes.

Hams/Calves/Abs tomorrow, my lower back is still a little sore from deadliest on Saturday but hopefully it will be good enough to go by the morning.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Props to you for not taking cheat meals! Awesome workout and detail.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good in here! :D!

uvawahoowa

Awards
Another 2 days, another 2 solid workouts. Pumps were better yesterday than today, but still solid. I've made a small dietary change in macros and meal timing. I'm doing 5 meals per day rather than 6, and macros are at 370c/90f/290p (this includes only a portion of fiber as it contributes to a smaller amount of calories, and I'm counting the 20g of BCAAs I have pre/intra/post workout and upon waking in my protein total). I feel more bloated during the day, I am hoping that I've done my calculations correctly so that I keep the vast majority of my gains lean. I weigh back in and do bodyfat measurements on Friday, so I'll make adjustments after those readings.

Workouts were Hams/Calves/Abs yesterday, and Chest/Tris this morning. I had great endurance both workouts, yesterday I felt like I could have gone on for another hour. I was out of town and the gym I was at didn't have a GHR machine and the laying leg curl machine was pretty ****ty, which made me a little bitter but I made things work as best as I could. I will post videos up on youtube and link them here if I have a free second this evening.

Hams/Calves/Abs:
RDLs 325x10,10,10
Good Mornings 160x6,6,6,6
Seated Leg Curl 210x8,8,7,7 (Last set Drop)
Seated 1 alternating leg curl 80x8;90x8,8
Superset Seated leg curl w/ contraction hold 80x10; 120x6,6
Laying Leg Curl FST 7 100x12,8,8,8,8,8,8
Standing Calf 300x10,10,10,10,10 (30 second break b/t sets)
Seated Calf 225x12,12,12,12,12 (30 second break b/t sets)

Wednesday:
BB Bench Press 240x5,5,5,5,5,5 (Last set rest/pause) 1.5 minute breaks b/t sets
Incline DB Bench Press 95sx7,7,7,7
Decline DB Bench Press 90sx12,11,10 (1.5 minute breaks b/t sets)
Hammer Strength Decline Bench Press 90sx8,7,6 (1 minute breaks b/t sets)
FST-7 Flyes 40sx9,9,9,9,9,8,9
Decline Skullcrushers 70+Barx8,6,6,6
DB Overhead Tricep Extensions 85x8,7,7
Superset Bench Dips 85x6,5,5
Rev Pushdowns 170 8,8,8,7 (Last set drop set)
FST 7 Machine Preacher Extensions 95x10,10,9,9,9,8,8+2

Tomorrow is HIIT then back to Shoulders/Traps on Friday.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome workout and update.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
subbed in this!

uvawahoowa

Awards
bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
GOOD LIFTS

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah man awesome lifts!

uvawahoowa

Awards
Yesterday I crushed abs and an HIIT cardio session, 5 tabata cycles on the elliptical with one cycle at a higher resistance than in any session previously. My lift of shoulders this morning was pretty good, but my strength sets were down from a previous lift. This could have been because my shoulder has been tight lately, or because I was working at a different gym than normal, but it's just such a bummer to not hit the numbers I'm used to hitting...especially on a bulk.

Today was weigh in day, came in at 194.5 (was 194.5 last week) upon waking. About 3 minutes later I took a massive ****, decided to re weigh and I was at 193.5. I'm wondering if last week I was still loaded or holding water or what, I'm not sure but I definitely don't feel as if I'm losing weight. I had to rush out to meet clients, so I didn't have a chance to do bodyfat & take pictures...I'll do that tomorrow morning.

I realized that I made a mistake with my BMR regarding my macros, essentially giving myself 100 extra calories per day than I actually burn. So starting today I dropped macros to 350c/90f/290p and will continue that Mon-Friday. I'm going to add 50g carbs on Saturdays (leg day) and subtract 50g carbs on Sundays (off day).

Anyways, workout for today:

Seated BB Military Press 180x4,4,4,3 (Last set rest/pause w/ fail on #3)
Smith Machine Rear Military 115x8,8; 120x8,8
Superset 45 degree Laterals (mix between front raises and laterals, with thumbs pointing up) 20sx10,10,10,10
Hammer Strength Military Press Tempo Sets (3010) 190x8,7,6 1 minute break
Leaning Single Arm Laterals 35x10,10,10
Wall Front Raise 50x8,8,8
FST 7 DB Laterals 35x9,9,9,8,8,8,9
BB Upright Row 150x4,4,4,4+1 (forced)
BB Shrug 505x10,10,10 (Last set drop set)

Tomorrow is leg day, hoping to bump up my back and front squat numbers.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Another solid workout today. Had a nice 1,300 calorie breakfast, waited about a half hour and rolled out to the gym. I'm thinking about dosing the form x a little earlier before my workout. I'm doing about 30 mins before my first working set right now, thinking about moving it back to 45-60 minutes if possible.

For some reason the caffeine tab made my heart absolutely race, I felt cracked out about 30 minutes into my workout. It may have been the combination of caffeine and a bad night's sleep, but I felt like energy overload as I was headed to squats. Otherwise the form x and div 1 are solid. No GI issues with the DAA like I have read with some reviews. I have been doing 4 div 1/day split up into 4 doses w/ a meal. I'm surprised I haven't forgot a dose yet, I'm pretty forgetful with multiple doses like that.

Workout this morning was:

Leg Press 530x12,12,11 (Last set drop set; on last drop set rest/pause to 20 reps, no racking)
Back Squat 225x5,5,5,5,5 (1.5 Minute Break)
Front Squat 170x8,8,8,8 (Last set superset w/ back squats 3x170)
Horizontal Leg Press Tempo Set (3010) 280x10,10,10 (1 minute break; last set drop set)
FST-7 Leg Extension 135x10,10,10,10,10,10,10 (Last set hold contraction for 10 count)
Seated calf 290x12,12,12,12,12
Standing calf 305x10,10,10,10,10 (30 sec break)

Tomorrow is an off day, carbs down to 300g (which will probably make me feel like I'm starving) followed by back/bis/forearms on Monday with some HIIT cardio Monday afternoon.

Vids from the squats are uploading, will post links when they're done.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear you had no GI issues, I feel bad for everyone who has that side effect from DAA.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Had a weird couple of days. Was back out of town to where I am moving to, had a bunch of things to take care of moving my business to another city. Sunday was my off day, but I was outside flyering neighborhoods in the heat so I got a little activity in anyways. Yesterday morning was back/bis/forearms, and on my first set of bent rows I felt a shooting pain up my left leg. I guess my legs were still pretty sore from Saturday's lift, particularly from squats...not stretching after was probably a mistake. The pain was specifically in my left adductor, and it was hard to even walk around much less get up and down from a bench. I pushed through though, switched from bent rows to Tbar rows, then finished the workout like I normally would have. A solid lift outside of the leg thing.

I was scheduled to do some HIIT cardio in the afternoon...wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but I hate missing workouts so I went anyways. I had a couple twinges but nothing major, and I got a solid 5 tabata cycles up on the elliptical. I took an extended period of time after to stretch and roll my hams/back/adductors then took a long hot shower when I got home.

My leg felt far better this morning, almost like yesterday never happened. I was able to hit my ham/calf/abs workout hard. The gym I workout at now doesn't have a lying leg curl machine or a GHR, so I replaced GHRs with tempo back extensions focusing on pulling with my hamstrings. This sucks because I was really getting back into GHRs, and I can't find a way to create a makeshift GHR machine. Still was able to hit it hard and have a productive workout. My hams are already a bit sore!

I forgot to dose my last div 1 pill yesterday, so I doubled up this morning pre workout. Hope that was alright!

Monday:
Wide Pullups 45x8,8,8,8,7 (Last set 3 negs followed by bodyweight pullups to failure)
Bent Rows 210x8
Tbar Row 190x6,6,6,6
Vbar Full ROM Cable Rows 16x10;17x9,9
Superset Behind the Head Pulldowns 10x10,10,10
Super Wide Neutral Grip 8x8 14x8,8,8,8,
1 arm row 125x8,8,8

DB Curl 50sx5,5,5,5 (last set w/ 3 negs)
BB Hammer Spider Curl 30x8,8,8
Superset BB Standing Hammer Curl 30x8,8,8
Cable Reverse Curl Laying 4x10,10,10,10
Flex curl FST-7 8x10,8,8,7,5,5,7

Tuesday:
RDL 370x5,5,5,4,4
Good Morning 150x8,8,8
superset tempo hyperextension ham specific 3010 25x5,5,5
Wide Seated Leg Curl 215x8,8,7,7 (Last set drop)
Alternating Seated Single Leg Curl 90x10,10
superset Seated Leg Curl w/ hold contraction 120x8,8
Narrow stance leg curl fst 7 170x8,8,8,7,6,6,6

Std Calf 230x12,12,12,12 (45 second breaks)
Smith Calf Toes out 180x10,10,10 (30 count breaks)
Smith Calf Toes in 180x10,10,10 (30 count breaks)
Smith Calf Mechanical drop set w/ rest pause 270x10

Hanging knee raises (knees to elbows) 15,15,12+3
Weighted Crunches 30x20,20,20
Crunches w/ twist 40,40,40

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great update and workouts!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saw you mentioned that you forgot a dose of D1... no problems with doubling it up the next time ;)

uvawahoowa

Awards
Had another pretty good lift for the most part today. Strength was there, a nice increase from the same lift a few weeks ago. However, On my last rep of my last set of dips I felt a little crack (like when you crack your knuckles) in my right shoulder and a slight pain. I tried to rest/pause another rep out, but my shoulder wasn't having it. I am getting pain when I am pushing from a stretched position, like in a bench press. However, it seems to feel more or less fine when pushing from a stretched position vertically, like in a military press. I skipped over my tempo sets of bench I was supposed to do after, and finished flyes and hit triceps, so it didn't affect my lift that much...and hopefully I'll still be able to lift shoulders on Friday, but this is still hurting in certain movements 5 hours later so I'll have to play it by ear. Luckily, even if I have to skip shoulders on Friday the shoulder shouldn't come back into play until I have to lift chest again a week from today (hopefully back/bis & deads/squats won't affect it).

Lift from today:

DB Bench 110sx8,8,7,6 (Last set drop, on 3rd drop set rest/pause to 9 reps)
Incline BB Bench 210x5,5,5,5,5
Dips BW+100x8,8,7,6 (pain on 7th rep)
FST-7 Cable Flyes 40sx10,9,9,9,9,9,9+1
Rev BB Skullcrushers 90x8,8,8,7
Cable Pushdowns 190x8,8,8
Superset OH Cable Rope Extensions 110x6,8,8
Tricep Kickbacks (Normally do close grip bench here, shoulder wouldn't allow for it) 25x10,10,10
FST-7 Machine Preacher Extensions 95x10,10,10,10,9,9,10

I'm going to be able to rest the shoulder tomorrow as I have abs & HIIT cardio scheduled for tomorrow, I'll be icing for the remainder of day and get an epsom soak later this evening and will do the same tomorrow. I'll throw up another update on Friday.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish the best on your shoulder, hopefully it's good by your next chest workout.

Nice workout!

uvawahoowa

Awards
Forgot the pic update, this was taken last saturday
Untitled.jpg

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Baller! Quite the seduction pose in the shower lol. Great work bro.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using AM for Android!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You look mad ripped! Thats what I want to look like when I get down to 190. Very nice job!

uvawahoowa

Awards
You look mad ripped! Thats what I want to look like when I get down to 190. Very nice job!
Thx JD!

Unfortunately my shoulder injury is still lingering...getting better but I had to skip my lift today which makes me pretty bitter since I have been having solid workouts and making progress. I have legs tomorrow, so my shoulder hopefully won't restrict me at all. Going to ice and soak over the weekend so I can hopefully stay on schedule and do back/bis on Monday. Crossing my fingers...

uvawahoowa

Awards
Another solid workout today, though my shoulder is still not even close to 100%. Luckily today was legs and it felt great. The only negative was on my last set of deads I pussed out on the last rep I know I should have hit. Everything was up overall which is what I'm looking for. Forgot to dose my div 1 post workout...not sure why I have so much trouble remembering my mid day doses! Still have 3 more meals left, so not really a big deal.

Deadlifts 395x5,5,5,4
Leg Press 570x8,7,7,7 (last set drop set, on drop set #3 rest/pause to 20 reps)
Front Squat 200x5,5,5,5,5 (Last set rest/pause)
Horizontal Leg Press Tempo Set (3010) 270x11,10,10 (Last set drop set; 1 minute break between sets)
FST-7 Leg Extension 145x10,10,10,10,9,9,10
Unilateral Negative Leg Extension 160x8,8
Superset Unilateral Leg Extension 80x5,5
Seated Calf 290x12,12,12,12 (30 sec break between sets)
Standing Calf 305x10,10,8,8,8 (30 sec break between sets; 15 second flex after each set)
DB wrist curl 90x8,8,7,6 (30 sec break between sets)

Off day tomorrow, then hopefully back/bis on Monday...going to focus on resting my shoulder tomorrow with maybe a couple epsom salt soaks. Not really sure what else to do to speed healing.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another solid workout today, though my shoulder is still not even close to 100%. Luckily today was legs and it felt great. The only negative was on my last set of deads I pussed out on the last rep I know I should have hit. Everything was up overall which is what I'm looking for. Forgot to dose my div 1 post workout...not sure why I have so much trouble remembering my mid day doses! Still have 3 more meals left, so not really a big deal.

Deadlifts 395x5,5,5,4
Leg Press 570x8,7,7,7 (last set drop set, on drop set #3 rest/pause to 20 reps)
Front Squat 200x5,5,5,5,5 (Last set rest/pause)
Horizontal Leg Press Tempo Set (3010) 270x11,10,10 (Last set drop set; 1 minute break between sets)
FST-7 Leg Extension 145x10,10,10,10,9,9,10
Unilateral Negative Leg Extension 160x8,8
Superset Unilateral Leg Extension 80x5,5
Seated Calf 290x12,12,12,12 (30 sec break between sets)
Standing Calf 305x10,10,8,8,8 (30 sec break between sets; 15 second flex after each set)
DB wrist curl 90x8,8,7,6 (30 sec break between sets)

Off day tomorrow, then hopefully back/bis on Monday...going to focus on resting my shoulder tomorrow with maybe a couple epsom salt soaks. Not really sure what else to do to speed healing.
I've gone through a lot of injuries now, had 2 shoulder injuries, only thing I could do to heal it is rest it for a couple months, then start doing rotator cuff exercises, then slowly started lifting again with light weight and worked myself up. Injuries suck and I really don't believe anything besides rest and therapy can heal an injury, I've tried everything from massage therapy, lasor therapy, chiro's, Tens unit and lots of ice. Just keep eating super healthy and your body will recover as fast as possible.

Great workout!

uvawahoowa

Awards
Nice job! Glad the shoulder isn't hurting too much during the front squats.
Oddly enough i didn't even feel anything on the front squats, felt it way more when tensing up and pulling myself down on leg presses.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Back on it this morning after an off day yesterday (even though the majority of the day was spent packing up my apartment for the move at the end of the month). Back/bis this morning, went pretty well considering the shoulder issue, which is about 80% back to normal w/ a lot of ROM back and pain free. I didn't even feel the shoulder throughout my back exercises, and only just a bit when lifting bis.

Regarding the products, I'm feeling like they have started to kick in with full force within the last few days. My workouts have been great, I've been able to push out more extra last reps w/ more energy and I seem to be improving from workout to workout. This makes me wish I had gotten bloods done prior to starting this stack!

Today's workout:

Reverse Pullups BW+80x 5,5,5,5,5 (Last set 3 negs, 2 1.5 reps @ BW, 2 reps @ BW)
T-bar Row 180x8,8,8,7
V Bar Cable Rows Tempo (3010) 220x8,8,7,7
1 arm rows 140x6,6,6,5
8x8 Super wide Pulldowns 180x8,8,7,6,6,5,5,5

BB Curls 110x7,7,7,7
Incline DB Hammer Curl 45sx5,5,4,5
Rev BB Curl Tempo (3010) 70x8,8,8,8
FST 7 Machine Preacher Curl 125x10,8,7,7,7,7,7

My low back was still a little sore from deads on Saturday, but nothing too bad. I'll take another epsom soak later today after HIIT cardio so hopefully there won't be any problem for RDLs/GMs/GHRs tomorrow my for hams/calves lift. Currently icing my shoulder, planning switching my wed/friday (Chest/shoulders) to give my shoulder a little more time to rest before lifting chest again. I anticipate it will be easier to lift shoulders than chest due to the nature of the injury. Another update and hopefully more vids after tomorrows workout.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Quick update after HIIT cardio. I really had no motivation to go tonight, I was still tired from my lift this morning but I motivated to get out to the gym and I'm glad I did. Great workout, it is feeling easier each time even though I'm making it harder every week. I'm curious to know if either of these products or the increase in test is causing increased aerobic capacity and/or increased recovery between sets. I felt like I could have easily gone for another cycle of intervals at maximum or near maximum capacity, even though I was drenched in sweat. Looking forward to a solid lift in the morning!

uvawahoowa

Awards
Another solid workout in the books. Got 8 hrs sleep last night and felt great this morning. I may have to increase cals/carbs bc this week breakfast (preworkout meal) + about 1/2 gallon water still leaves me pretty hungry. Energy isn't a problem, but I want to make sure I'm staying in a solid surplus for lean muscle/strength gains.

Workout was about a 9 out of 10, went up in weight with RDLs, GMs, and GHRs...only slightly but still felt good. My lower back was very fatigued after RDLs, probably still from deads on Saturday. I wasn't thrilled with my low back alignment/arch on the good mornings...got a little rounded because of the fatigue and added weight, but still not too bad (probably should have only gone up 5 lbs instead of 10). I know it's going to be sore tomorrow, but that shouldn't be a problem since I really don't have anything low back intensive until Saturday and even then it's just back squats (no deads this week). Other than that, I had plenty of energy and moved pretty quickly from exercise to exercise which is typically what keeps me in the gym for an extended period of time.

RDL 345x8,8,7,7
Good Morning 170x5,4,4,4
Superset GHR 7.5x8,8,8,7
Laying Leg Curl 180x8,8,7,7
Alternating Leg Curl 85x8,8
Superset Laying Leg Curl w/ hold @ top for 3 count 115x6; 125x6
Seated Leg Curl FST-7 170x9,8,8,8,7,7,8+1

Standing calf 305x10,10,10,8,8 (30 count break b/t sets w/ 15 second flex)
Unilateral Seated Calf 90x12,12,12,12 (30 count break b/t sets)

Hanging Knee Raises 15,15,15
High Incline Situps 20,15+5
Crunch w/ twist 40,40,40

Real test is tomorrow, planning on doing shoulders...hopefully whatever is going on with my right shoulder won't hamper the workout. It is healing at a decent pace, I have about 95% of my range of motion pain free...and that last 5% is a very dull pain. I'm going to do a few sets of internal and external rotations in case the problem is rotator cuff related, but otherwise I'm hoping to go through my typical planned workout. Will put an update in tomorrow.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I won't push it man :S I would go light on the shoulders if there is even still a little bit of pain, do some light therapy stuff just enough to get a little pump in there without causing any harm, last thing you want is to make it worse.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Workout today went about as good as I could have expected. Ended up doing chest instead of shoulders because my back was still sore from yesterday's workout and I didn't want to push it with overhead presses. I felt my shoulder just a bit on flat bench, but I went slow enough so I wouldn't aggravate it any further...and I only felt it just a bit. Incline press felt great, I thought this would have been the harder press since I was going heavier (5x5) and it stretches my chest/shoulder more than flat bench. I didn't do any finishers (rest/pause, drop sets, etc.) just to keep volume down a little, but I probably could have been fine if I did. If everything goes well this week I'll be back to my normal workout next week.

The formula x is running a little low for some reason...this is day 19 and the tub is looking pretty empty...maybe 1/4 of the tub left? Maybe it's my imagination, but I'm not sure if there's going to be enough to finish out the full 4 weeks even though I've been running 1 level scoop/day. Is this normal?

Workout today:

BB BP 230x8,8,7,6+1 (spot)
Inc DB BP 100sx5,5,5,5,5 (1.5 minute break)
Dec DB BP 95sx8,8,8
Dec Hammer Strength BP Tempo Set (3010) 70sx10,9,8 (1 minute break)
FST 7 Cable Flyes 40sx10,9,9,9,9,9,9+1

Reverse Grip Oly Bar Skullcrushers 100x5,5,5,5
Reverse Grip Pushdown 180x10,9
Superset Overhead Rope Cable Extensions 110x10,10
Pushdown 180x9,9
Superset Overhead Rope Cable Extensions 110x10,10
Close Grip Bench Press 170x6,6,6,5
FST 7 Machine Preacher Extension 95x10,10,10,10,9,8,7+3

I'm currently icing my shoulder as a preventative measure, a little epsom soak later and foam rolling later. I have HIIT cardio tomorrow, and then Shoulders/Traps on Friday. I'll throw up another update after Friday's lift.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great workout!

Did you shake it good before you opened it? The BCAA's can get a bit compacted if it's not shaken. I just used a new tub last month and I got a full 30 leveled scoops out of it. Just make sure there not packed scoops.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Great workout!

Did you shake it good before you opened it? The BCAA's can get a bit compacted if it's not shaken. I just used a new tub last month and I got a full 30 leveled scoops out of it. Just make sure there not packed scoops.
That might be it...I haven't shaken it to this point, though I do dig deep when I scoop. I have been shaking the container up the last few days but come out with about 13.3g/scoop. Might just be too late to shaking it, not a big deal though. Looks like I have about 4 more scoops left.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Last 3 days have been great for me. The shoulder is healing up nicely, I barely even feel it anymore and I was able to get through my whole shoulder workout yesterday without problem. The tendons still seem to be a little tight, I have some cracking going on when I test the limits of my range of motion but the entire healing process has been very fast and I only had to miss 1 workout.

Thursday:

HIIT cardio was great, tabatas again and I increased the resistance on the elliptical by one for 4 more out of the 40 sprints. I did feel it a little more in my quads at the end when I got off the machine, but still a great workout and the improvement feels great.

Friday:

Shoulder/Traps
DB Military Press (seated) 80sx8,8,7,7+1 (spot/forced rep);(last set drop set)
Seated BB Deadstop Military Press 170x3,4,4,4,4,4 (last set rest/pause, fail on 3rd rest/pause)
Hammer Strength tempo sets (3010) 190x8,6,6,5 (1 minute break between sets)
Rope Face Pulls 115x8,8,8
=>Seated Double Front Raise w/ Twist 35sx6,6,6
=>1 minute break between sets
Laterals 45sx9,9,9,9 (last set pause before last rep)
FST 7 Cable Double Front Raise 30sx9,9,9,9,8,8,8 (Pause before last rep on sets 4,6,7)

BB Upright Row 130x7,7,7,7
BB Shrug 505x10,10,10 (last set drop set)
Seated DB Shrug 8x8 set 140sx10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10 (Hold contraction at top for sets 1-5)

Saturday:
Leg Press 530x12,12,11 (Last set drop set, each drop rest/pause no racking: Drop 1: 18; Drop 2: 20)
Back Squat 235x5,4,4,4,4
Front Squat 170x8,8,7,6 (1.5 minute break)
Horizontal Leg Press Tempo Set (3010) 295x8,8,8,7 (Last set drop set)
FST-7 Leg Extensions 145x10,10,10,10,10,10,10

Seated Calf 290x12,12,12,12,10
Leg Press Unilateral Calf Press 180x8,8,8,8,7 (slow, focus on stretch)
DB Standing wrist curls 90x8,8,8,6 (30 second break)

My shoulders/traps are sore today from yesterday's workout, I assume at least partially from skipping last week's shoulder workout. I had to rush out of the gym and didn't get a chance to stretch at all so it could be that. My legs are already tight from this morning's workout, but I took some extra time to stretch post workout and I'll take a little extra time later to foam roll everything out.

I was able to bump weight again on back squats again today, went up 10 lbs when I should probably have just gone up 5...this was the first time since starting this stack that I haven't been able to go up in weight and finish all of my planned reps, maybe I was a little too aggressive on the increase but everything felt pretty solid. I feel pretty confident that I can at least get 3 sets of 5 by the next time I squat.

My phone battery is on the fritz, but I have a few vids I'll upload later from this week's workouts.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great log dude! Looks like the Athletix supps are treating you well.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Been slacking as far as keeping up with pics/weight updates. I've weighed the last 3 days: 190 on thursday (after taking a monster ****), 193.5 yesterday, and 191 this morning. This morning's weight was most likely the most accurate...For some reason I think my 193.5 is because I did not lift the day before. I did 3 site bodyfat w/ calipers on Wednesday and it came out to 21mm which hasn't changed since the beginning of this run, so that's definitely a positive since I'm running a 300 cal surplus daily plus I'm adding strength. I'll continue to monitor to see what changes come.

Pics from this morning
View attachment 65071
View attachment 65072