FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello there!

Big thanks to VT/iForce for getting me some Compete to beta test. The profile on this stuff looks great, beyond any intra I have tried in the past, and it had certainly been keeping my interest. I take LCLT before every workout, so Compete having LCLT was just an extra bonus, on top of everything else.

So without further babbling, I bring you my first two workouts with Compete, starting in the posts below.....

-FL3X

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saturday I used my first serving of Compete. I used 1 scoop of Tangy Tangerine in 12 oz of water during my upper body circuit. Saturday was supposed to be an off day but I had time before my big tubing trip so I said screw it, let's try this stuff out!

Without any rests between these sets, I did the following:
Bench press
Bodyweight dips
Wide grip pull ups
Hanging leg raises
repeat once more and then....
Tricep pressdown drop set
Incline hammer strength press
Seated DB side raises
Bent over DB side raises
Crunches
repeat once more

The only break I gave myself Saturday was just enough time to sip my Compete and continue to the next lift.
The taste was refreshing, no strange after taste either. It didn't leave my stomach feeling heavy.
Being my first day and all I don't want to jump to conclusions but I do feel I had a shortened recovery time. I was able to bust through this circuit in less than half hour, and although I was gasping for air for a minute, I was able to walk out of the gym feeling good and was able to chug my protein shake post workout no problem.
Did I mention this stuff tastes AMAZING!?
I liked the flavoring of Maximize V2, and Hemavol powder was decent. Max Intense didn't taste so great for me (Peach Mango Tea) but this stuff really had me surprised. Tangy Tangerine is great!

Today is monday, two days later. I am not feeling sore in the slightest bit so I am going to continue on my week routine. Today is chest and tricep day. Let's see how that Lemon Drop tastes....

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
awesome first review! The flavor is top notch, and EVERY tester has been saying the same things...seems like we have a winner on our hands!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
awesome first review! The flavor is top notch, and EVERY tester has been saying the same things...seems like we have a winner on our hands!
Right on. I hope Compete is Competitively priced :)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right on. I hope Compete is Competitively priced :)
I'd expect prices of $25-$30, with the price sitting at $29.99 usually. NP may have a crazy $25 intro price for July 4th...but what do I know? :D

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd expect prices of $25-$30, with the price sitting at $29.99 usually. NP may have a crazy $25 intro price for July 4th...but what do I know? :D
Lol.
My eyes are peeled buddy!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saturday I used my first serving of Compete. I used 1 scoop of Tangy Tangerine in 12 oz of water during my upper body circuit. Saturday was supposed to be an off day but I had time before my big tubing trip so I said screw it, let's try this stuff out!

Without any rests between these sets, I did the following:
Bench press
Bodyweight dips
Wide grip pull ups
Hanging leg raises
repeat once more and then....
Tricep pressdown drop set
Incline hammer strength press
Seated DB side raises
Bent over DB side raises
Crunches
repeat once more

The only break I gave myself Saturday was just enough time to sip my Compete and continue to the next lift.
The taste was refreshing, no strange after taste either. It didn't leave my stomach feeling heavy.
Being my first day and all I don't want to jump to conclusions but I do feel I had a shortened recovery time. I was able to bust through this circuit in less than half hour, and although I was gasping for air for a minute, I was able to walk out of the gym feeling good and was able to chug my protein shake post workout no problem.
Did I mention this stuff tastes AMAZING!?
I liked the flavoring of Maximize V2, and Hemavol powder was decent. Max Intense didn't taste so great for me (Peach Mango Tea) but this stuff really had me surprised. Tangy Tangerine is great!

Today is monday, two days later. I am not feeling sore in the slightest bit so I am going to continue on my week routine. Today is chest and tricep day. Let's see how that Lemon Drop tastes....
That's a sick circuit layout bro, I bet you were jacked up when you left the gym. I also liked max v2 and look forward to trying this stuff! Looks like your experiencing some reduced recovery time? Good review so far Justin!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a sick circuit layout bro, I bet you were jacked up when you left the gym. I also liked max v2 and look forward to trying this stuff! Looks like your experiencing some reduced recovery time? Good review so far Justin!
Thanks man. I was pretty damn swollen when I left lol...forgot to mention I ran the rack twice on hammer curls too! My shirt ripped when I tried getting it off lol. Seriously considering grabbing the deal on nutraplanet. Free tshirt too so why the hell not right? It's good enough to spend $29 on.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Review #2, Lemon Drop

This is from monday's workout. I used Lemon Drop for this one, instructions called for 2 scoops. I mixed it in 20oz of water and hit the gym on a beyond empty stomach.

Chest and tri's buddy!

Incline DB press:
55x12, 65x12, 75x12, 75x12, 75x12, 65x12 (Feel that SQUEEZE!!! Slow and steady)

BW dips:
4 sets of 12 reps, again slow and steady and get that tight muscle contraction at the top

V-Bar pressdowns (strip sets):
90x12, 80x12, 60x12, 40x12, 60 seconds rest and repeat twice more

Seated OH DB extensions:
55x12, 55x10, 50x12

Flat BB smith machine press:
205x12, 195x12, 185x12, 135x18

Cable cross 21's:
2 sets using 40lbs, pulleys at shoulder height

Another very strenuous workout with limited resting periods. Only rested 60 seconds or less between sets, sipping my Compete between sets.
Normally with a workout plan like this, I just drink water, because an intra drink is just too hard and heavy on my stomach. I haven't noticed any problems thus far drinking Compete between sets though, no stomach issues to note. I plan on keeping my workouts along these lines for the rest of summer to continue getting hard and defined, let's hope Compete can be a go-to for me!

Side note:
I really enjoy burning my tri's out before hitting a chest workout. It's amazing how well you can feel your pectorals contract this way, and you can really dial in which areas you're burning. Who gives a crap that I'm the big guy in the gym throwing up small weights, it feels great and I leave the gym feeling completely pumped lol.

Another side note:
That lemon drop was pretty good! Now Tangerine and Lemon are tied for my favorite flavors. Tomorrow morning is Fruit Punch....we all know how hard fruit punch is to perfect. Let's see what iForce has in store ;)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man. I was pretty damn swollen when I left lol...forgot to mention I ran the rack twice on hammer curls too! My shirt ripped when I tried getting it off lol. Seriously considering grabbing the deal on nutraplanet. Free tshirt too so why the hell not right? It's good enough to spend $29 on.
They have RV2/intimidate on sale too. I'm using it now for my pct and by day 5 I was setting PR's all over the place. I know how much you and I share the opinion that RV2 is king so I'd suggest you give that stack a shot bro!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi!

I actually read everything you wrote in this thread. Might have to give this stuff a try.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You never read what I say lol...don't lie Lucas!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I don't know how you guys did it but you did it! I mixed 2 scoops of the Fruit Punch Compete in 20oz of water with low expectations (like I said, fruit punch is hard to get right) and I was pleasantly surprised. It actually tasted like fruit punch, and good fruit punch too! I would compare it to a fresh fruit smoothie or maybe a fruit punch Slurpee. It was good!

I got through my leg presses, dead lifts, bent over rows, preacher curls, lat pulldowns, incline DB curls, cable pullovers, and hammer curl rack runs in less than an hour this workout.
The Compete was very refreshing, and in keeping up on my trend of shorter rest periods, I feel like Compete did play a big part in this.

Now that I've tasted all the flavors I have to decide which flavor to buy a tub of!

Props again to iForce for the flavoring scheme used with Compete :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are right fruit punch is very hard to get right. It often times either tastes terrible or watered down, might have to give this one a go as I love a good fruit punch taste. Good review flex!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn flex.. going overboard for a review, it seemed more like a log! Much appreciated man and glad you liked!

Mike