TRUTHORNOTHIN'S UR SPRAY LOG .... THE RETURN OF "TRUTH"

Page 13 of 15 First ... 81112131415 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    I am told sometime in August....I also anxiously await.
    Recomp time for me begins in September , by then I hope to weight already 145~lbs , then I'll switch to Recomp diet and 4x HIIT cardio a week after lifting so I can use UR Spray+UR tabs/pills+some other natty goodies. So its perfect timing for me
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrooks View Post
    are the UR caps still do out end of this month? I need to restock UR spray (1 bottle left) and want to wait for the combo

UR caps?. What is that?. Gonna release it under EPharm?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.06%

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    i do it for about three days. about 45 g of essential amino acids a day with about 4 teaspoons of coconut oil plus some other nutrition source i cant divulge. And of course lots of Ur spray

I maintain strength in the gym but stamina suffers for sure
    I was going to say, EAA's would probably be a much better choice than BCAA's. Yours kind of sounds like the Xtend IV experiment that was done years ago by the Scivation crew. I wonder if you took in enough fat sources like coconut and kept everything else down low, would IMT levels still boost dramatically?
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

UR Caps?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    UR Caps?
    new super bio available form of Ursolic acid PA's developed coming soon and sold only with the spray
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

6. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.62%

Quote Originally Posted by RD929 View Post
    I was going to say, EAA's would probably be a much better choice than BCAA's. Yours kind of sounds like the Xtend IV experiment that was done years ago by the Scivation crew. I wonder if you took in enough fat sources like coconut and kept everything else down low, would IMT levels still boost dramatically?
    what is IMT?
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.06%

what is IMT?
    Intramuscular triglycerides. Is this a trick question?
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.39%

new super bio available form of Ursolic acid PA's developed coming soon and sold only with the spray
    So is EPharm ever gonna come out with a similar or more powerful ursolic acid product?. Ursoblic V2?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

Aye. It can be catabolic for many for various reasons, bad macro intake, too long fasting periods without a proper amino acid pool sustainment (so BCAA's...though people will argue they are not needed at all) , or simply due to genetics. I have seen big dudes do it properly , all macros , times and all (even with short fasting windows IE 16 hours) and still lose mass, and not only fat mass...LBM which kinda beats the point of any diet haha.

It's all about what works for yah I guess. What do you do Pat? Just curious
    I am doing a 18 hour fasted protocol and liking the results. I am around 14 percent body fat though so plenty of fat to burn. I have to wonder if maybe it doesn't lose effectivity around ten percent body fat. My thinking is that sooner or later, your body just must burn muscle. We're the guys you saw do it pretty lean? And the mass, was it quickly regained after ending the fast? I notice I piss like a race horse during the fasted period, so I wonder if they lost water weight as well.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

Quote Originally Posted by macdon1588 View Post
    I am doing a 18 hour fasted protocol and liking the results. I am around 14 percent body fat though so plenty of fat to burn. I have to wonder if maybe it doesn't lose effectivity around ten percent body fat. My thinking is that sooner or later, your body just must burn muscle. We're the guys you saw do it pretty lean? And the mass, was it quickly regained after ending the fast? I notice I piss like a race horse during the fasted period, so I wonder if they lost water weight as well.
    every gram of glycogen hangs on to roughly 3 grams of water so when you are fasting and burning glycogen as fuel, you are dropping those three grams of water, that explains the rampant urination. I experienced the same thing

11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.67%

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin
    every gram of glycogen hangs on to roughly 3 grams of water so when you are fasting and burning glycogen as fuel, you are dropping those three grams of water, that explains the rampant urination. I experienced the same thing
    Sorry to hi jack the thread, but I think UR spray is especially suited to fasted protocols.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

Quote Originally Posted by macdon1588 View Post
    Sorry to hi jack the thread, but I think UR spray is especially suited to fasted protocols.
    no hi jack, as long as we keep Ur-Spray in the discussion I am A OK with it. You are right, UR-Spray's muscle sparing properties make it a prime candidate for fasting protocols

13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.65%

Will the new, more bioavaible form be incorportate into the spray as well?
  14. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

no hi jack, as long as we keep Ur-Spray in the discussion I am A OK with it. You are right, UR-Spray's muscle sparing properties make it a prime candidate for fasting protocols
    Wonderful - I'll find out for myself next week! Two days back on track re nutrition - to STAY! - and training to be more intense than ever from Monday!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    Wonderful - I'll find out for myself next week! Two days back on track re nutrition - to STAY! - and training to be more intense than ever from Monday!

~Rosie~
    I am on board, apparently I have something I need to be ready for in september that is all I can say at this point, again I am training around a nasty and painful injury but hey, if we cannot adapt and improve what good are we? Keep us advised of your progress

16. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

I am on board, apparently I have something I need to be ready for in september that is all I can say at this point, again I am training around a nasty and painful injury but hey, if we cannot adapt and improve what good are we? Keep us advised of your progress
    I'm stoked for you and I know you'll be ready! I know what it's like - training around both shoulders and wrists right now, and to say it can be frustrating is an UNDERstatement! I'll make notes here and there in my log/Fitness Journal, although not sure how much time I will actually have henceforth for long and comprehensive updates (as noted last week) - let's just say that my September photoshoots will bear witness to how well it works with my body (and everything else).

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

Quote Originally Posted by megadeth View Post
    Will the new, more bioavaible form be incorportate into the spray as well?
    I don't know at this point

18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    I'm stoked for you and I know you'll be ready! I know what it's like - training around both shoulders and wrists right now, and to say it can be frustrating is an UNDERstatement! I'll make notes here and there in my log/Fitness Journal, although not sure how much time I will actually have henceforth for long and comprehensive updates (as noted last week) - let's just say that my September photoshoots will bear witness to how well it works with my body (and everything else).

~Rosie~
    I look forward to seeing your results Rosie. I think I've figure out my problem...training too heavy every workout how else is a man supposed to train? Update forthcoming

19. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

I look forward to seeing your results Rosie. I think I've figure out my problem...training too heavy every workout how else is a man supposed to train? Update forthcoming
    Started today - 50 sprays all over after my "first thing" shower...I don't train heavy at all anymore - it's why I have to make everything harder and more intense, and even then, right now, after 30 weeks without a week of NO training, my body is barely handling that! We'll work it out though...

~Rosie~

20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.06%

pffft....the first time I trained at 20-25 reps for a gym workout I was DYING. I hadn't felt a legitimate PUMP in my back in so long. Unreal. Way harder than a lower rep, higher weight workout.
  21. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.62%

Quote Originally Posted by RD929 View Post
    pffft....the first time I trained at 20-25 reps for a gym workout I was DYING. I hadn't felt a legitimate PUMP in my back in so long. Unreal. Way harder than a lower rep, higher weight workout.
    try occlusion training. its a great alternative when the aches and pains preclude heavy weights
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%

That's why I keep things low volume, do reverse pyramid, lean gains style: xxx.leangains.com/2008/12/reverse-pyramid-revisited.html (change xxx to www - can't post links yet, post count too low lol)

As that really seems to epitomize what I was gravitating towards anyhow from a powerlifting standpoint (as opposed to those who look for bigger muscles with lighter weights, working out for a shirt-splitting "pump") so that I could still lift heavy, but give my joints the minimum amount of strain, manage injuries, keep inflammation down, etc... and as it stands, every 8 weeks or so I typically find that I need to de-load and go with repping out my medium warmups for a week to get any nagging joint pain down, after which I return to the heavy weights with no strength lost at worst, but typically stronger than I was...

Of course, that all said, as I mentioned to you in another forum, that's not to say I don't need some high volume work from the perspective of increasing endurance/cardio (which I hate) for sports performance (which I love)... so I'm working up the steam to start adding some of that into my training schedule, while keeping the lifting heavy and low volume.

EDIT: Worth noting that I use the principles and core lifts of the Reverse Pyramid style, with my own ancillary work, so I don't follow it to a "T" - but there are some workouts when I leave the gym after having done single-digit sets, including 2 warmups.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%

try occlusion training. its a great alternative when the aches and pains preclude heavy weights
    Very interesting stuff, will have to look at this more and experiment for sure, probably during my next deload. Have you spent any time with it?
  24. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.62%

Quote Originally Posted by muad33b View Post
    Very interesting stuff, will have to look at this more and experiment for sure, probably during my next deload. Have you spent any time with it?
    yeah it works quite well but u cant do it on many bodyparts other than arms and legs
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

yeah it works quite well but u cant do it on many bodyparts other than arms and legs
    I looked into it may try it for triceps. What do you use for a tourniquet? I guess an ACE bandage would work eh?

26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%

Since I can't post links, I'll refer to two links the hard way. If I go to google, and type in "occlusion training" (without the new google specialized results) the top response is an Iron Man mag article, the second is a PDF from ABC. I've skimmed these quickly.

The ABC PDF refers to doing things for upper body, like bench, followed by a lower body (leg) occlusion set, like squats or walking, and that causing increased hypertrophy of the upper body muscles used. Didn't read it in detail, but if I ever decide to give this a shot, I will. Thought you might find that interesting.

I looked into it may try it for triceps. What do you use for a tourniquet? I guess an ACE bandage would work eh?
    The Iron Man mag article talks about multiple things one could use, from blood pressure cuffs, to regular old knee wraps, to "kaatsu" wraps (google "kaatsu training" for more on occlusion training)... this one also cautions to not leave a muscle occluded for more than 10 minutes at a time, else one increases the risk of necrosis or embolism.

--

That all said, it's no wonder that my calfs seem to grow on their own, when I pretty much stopped doing calf raises; I knee wrap on my squat sets above 315 (which is my medium warmup weight)... cool stuff, thanks to Patrick for bringing this up.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

Since I can't post links, I'll refer to two links the hard way. If I go to google, and type in "occlusion training" (without the new google specialized results) the top response is an Iron Man mag article, the second is a PDF from ABC. I've skimmed these quickly.

The ABC PDF refers to doing things for upper body, like bench, followed by a lower body (leg) occlusion set, like squats or walking, and that causing increased hypertrophy of the upper body muscles used. Didn't read it in detail, but if I ever decide to give this a shot, I will. Thought you might find that interesting.

The Iron Man mag article talks about multiple things one could use, from blood pressure cuffs, to regular old knee wraps, to "kaatsu" wraps (google "kaatsu training" for more on occlusion training)... this one also cautions to not leave a muscle occluded for more than 10 minutes at a time, else one increases the risk of necrosis or embolism.

--

That all said, it's no wonder that my calfs seem to grow on their own, when I pretty much stopped doing calf raises; I knee wrap on my squat sets above 315 (which is my medium warmup weight)... cool stuff, thanks to Patrick for bringing this up.
    I was stuck at work limited access I found this

http://www.healthhabits.ca/2009/07/0...lth-club-kink/

Check out figure 3 its hiiiiilarious

I wonder if the hormonal release would make UR-Spray more effective ...trying to stay on topic

All kidding aside here is a very detailed article on the topic http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/index...ticle&go2=1489

28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

--

Oh and regarding your calves growing on their own....I hate you lol my calves won't grow no matter what protocol I apply

29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%

I was stuck at work limited access I found this

xxx.healthhabits.ca/2009/07/06/occlusion-kaatsu-training-the-easiest-and-fastest-way-to-build-muscle-mass-or-health-club-kink/

Check out figure 3 its hiiiiilarious

I wonder if the hormonal release would make UR-Spray more effective ...trying to stay on topic

All kidding aside here is a very detailed article on the topic xxx.ironmanmagazine.com/index.cfm?page=article&go2=148 9
    I had read the first article and had a similar thought "I'll have to do a better job of setting up my occlusion straps as things were looking a little tight there... reminded me of a rock climbing harness.

Yea, that's the Iron Man Mag article I was referring to, the PDF is: xxx.abcbodybuilding.com/ABCocclusionpaper.pdf (replace xxx with www) - yes, we've slid a bit off topic, but I think probably no one knows if the MOAs of UR-Spray would have any synergistic effects with occlusion training. In reviewing this article: xxx.musculardevelopment.com/articles/training/3105-blood-occlusion-training-the-next-generation-of-anabolic-exercise-by-layne-norton.html (xxx = www) there are multiple theories for the MOAs of occlusion training:

1) "pre-fatiguing" (aerobic) slow-twitch fibers by reducing oxygen delivery to them, preferentially loading (anaerobic) fast-twitch fibers, which have more potential for hypertrophy.
    2) Lactate accumulation leading to a twofold increase in GH
    3) increase muscle protein synthesis, mTOR signaling, and the expression of NOS-1, which has been shown to increase muscle growth through increased satellite cell activation.

The write-up for Ursobolic on the e-pharm website says:

The researchers found that one of its main mechanisms is through enhancing the expression of muscular IGF-1 gene. The local production of IGF-1 in muscle is perhaps the single most instrumental process in the muscle hypertrophy response as it initiates the key steps of satellite cell recruitment into new myonuclei and protein synthesis via the kinase Akt.
    So to me, #'s 2 & 3 above looks like there's maybe a potential for synergy in the MOAs, but I think this is something that maybe Patrick could comment on, as we're over my head with that stuff.

Oh and regarding your calves growing on their own....I hate you lol my calves won't grow no matter what protocol I apply
    Seems like it's easy enough to try the occlusion training on them then... maybe you can experiment with that and UR-spray to see if there's any synergistic effect, or in your case, if you can get those puppies to grow. :-)
  30. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.62%

Just do it. Stop throwing around 50 cent words like synergism. They wont make you grow any more than you are gonna
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.6%

Just do it. Stop throwing around 50 cent words like synergism. They wont make you grow any more than you are gonna
    lol ok, was just trying to answer the man's question, although it was clearly over my head to do so. I'll give it a shot next time I deload. Now I wonder if this works on any other "appendages"...
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

lol ok, was just trying to answer the man's question, although it was clearly over my head to do so. I'll give it a shot next time I deload. Now I wonder if this works on any other "appendages"...
    Tried it on my triceps this evening. At the end of my workout. I was stunned how fatigued I got using half the weight. Pat do you think you could accelerate growth using occlusion for say the last 10 minutes per body part instead of the whole workout. I am trying to find some quick less obtrusive way to tourniquet. Especially for tris, Its a lock I am going to do it for calves, ...I'll try anything for that

33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

Tried it on my triceps this evening. At the end of my workout. I was stunned how fatigued I got using half the weight. Pat do you think you could accelerate growth using occlusion for say the last 10 minutes per body part instead of the whole workout. I am trying to find some quick less obtrusive way to tourniquet. Especially for tris, Its a lock I am going to do it for calves, ...I'll try anything for that
    Quick update, still using UR-Spray x 50 x 2 After a month of rampant eating I have returned to just a sensible diet, not calorie deficient and low carb not no carb. Intake of carbs around 100 grams a day and am leaning out nicely. Results of rampant eating? thicker bi's and set pr's all over the place with a minimal of fat accumulation. My strength increases coupled with my ego got the better of me in the joint department. After months of pain free elbows I was doing multiple sets of pushdowns with the stack + 60 and managed to again wreck my elbows well that and the nagging injury from lifting the loaded U-Haul trailer off the the trailer ball. My back and quads are much improved and I am stronger and just feel better overall

34. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.62%

Tried it on my triceps this evening. At the end of my workout. I was stunned how fatigued I got using half the weight. Pat do you think you could accelerate growth using occlusion for say the last 10 minutes per body part instead of the whole workout. t
    I have no idea

Personally i think this kind of training should be reserved for the times u need to give your joints a rest, which means you do it exclusively when you do it and not in combo with regular heavy weight training
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

I have no idea

Personally i think this kind of training should be reserved for the times u need to give your joints a rest, which means you do it exclusively when you do it and not in combo with regular heavy weight training
    Gotcha', that being said what do you use as a tourniquet, I used knee wraps but they are bulky wish other than a plood pressure cuff there was an quick way to occlude blood flow, ..a pair of trainied boa constrictors maybe..

36. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.62%

Gotcha', that being said what do you use as a tourniquet, I used knee wraps but they are bulky wish other than a plood pressure cuff there was an quick way to occlude blood flow, ..a pair of trainied boa constrictors maybe..

knee wraps or those rubber hoses used for tourniquets.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

knee wraps or those rubber hoses used for tourniquets.
    Ahhh surgical tubing....but won't that make me look like a junkie lol

38. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.5%

I just use a nylon lanyard and tie a slip knot in it. When preforming dumbbell concentration curls you can hold on to the loss end with your opposite hand, and adjust tension while performing the exercise. Google slipknot if you don't know how to tie one.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.19%

Quote Originally Posted by monkey101 View Post
    I just use a nylon lanyard and tie a slip knot in it. When preforming dumbbell concentration curls you can hold on to the loss end with your opposite hand, and adjust tension while performing the exercise. Google slipknot if you don't know how to tie one.
    I'm an ex depressive I'll just tie a noose, I used my knee wraps for calf training today. Good God! I was not prepared for the massive burn. I used about 60% of my regular workout weight, by the eighth rep my calves were on fire by 12 I could no longer stand the burn. I had to loosen the wraps(think I had them a tad tight anyway. I did 5 sets of twelves and my calves were totally fried and sore. WIll definitely be doing this for calves('cuz nothing else has ever made them grow) and tris to protect my elbows, gonna give it six weeks and see how it goes. I am opting for the surgical tubing the lanyard sounds like it may cut into the skin a tad.

40. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.62%

I'm an ex depressive I'll just tie a noose, I used my knee wraps for calf training today. Good God! I was not prepared for the massive burn. I used about 60% of my regular workout weight, by the eighth rep my calves were on fire by 12 I could no longer stand the burn. I had to loosen the wraps(think I had them a tad tight anyway. I did 5 sets of twelves and my calves were totally fried and sore. WIll definitely be doing this for calves('cuz nothing else has ever made them grow) and tris to protect my elbows, gonna give it six weeks and see how it goes. I am opting for the surgical tubing the lanyard sounds like it may cut into the skin a tad.

u should be doing sets of 20-25 really. dont be afraid to go light with occlusion training. u kinda defeat the purpose if you go to heavy

and for you david i recommend panty hose or a garter belt rather than knee wraps. It will help put you in the mood for using light weights

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 956
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 12:05 AM
  2. Clearshot bombs AKA "Truth Serum"
    By truthornothin in forum E-Pharm Nutrition
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 11:20 AM
  3. Prototype R-Spray 2 pack "deal"
    By BurghHardcore in forum E-Pharm Nutrition
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 05:20 PM
  4. McCain's Claims of "Media Bias": Truth or Tactic?
    By BodyWizard in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 11:38 PM
  5. Brood X "return Of The 17 Year Cicadas" !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 10:17 PM