Mr.Cooper69 Logs the NEW Ergogenix ERGOBOLIC!

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Days 1-2 (5/14-5/15)

    As a brief background, let me start by saying that 5/14 was my first day getting back into the swing of things. With finals week and graduation out of the way, I have more free time to focus on BBing. This was my first workout using moderately heavy weight in 2 weeks, as I am going through a couple ailments right now: I have been recovering from a torn pec minor for the past 5 months, and I have numerous stress fractures in my shin/ankle area (a combination of genetics and cardio). At some point in the summer, I will have to have an operation done which will leave me out of commission for 2 months, so I had a rather poor mindset that why even hit the gym hard at all if I stand to "lose" much of my progress. Well rather than keeling over and bitching out, I decided I'm going to work my way back into my normal routine, and with the extra motivation provided by Ergobolic and this log, I will power through the next 2 months.

    Now that I'm bulking again without a caloric limit, I've increased the volume of my 5/3/1 sessions tremendously. My strength has dropped a ton on numerous lifts due to injury recovery and school (my bench press dropped about 50 lbs in the 5 months since my tear...chest has atrophied too which sucks ; DL dropped 30 lbs, Squat 30 lbs, Military Press 10 lbs), but with proper nutrition in place, I hope to make some strides.

    5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, A1 - Deadlift Day


    Weight: 172 lbs (more on this below, I think EC + Cardio shed massive amounts of water)

    Core Work:

    Deadlift

    275x5
    320x5
    360x7

    Assistance Work:

    Deadlift

    355x5
    355x5
    355x5

    Good Morning

    135x8
    135x8
    135x8

    DB Walking Lunges

    70sx6
    70sx6
    70sx6
    70sx6
    70sx6

    Cable Crunches

    110x9
    110x9
    110x8
    110x8

    Hanging Leg Raises

    BWxfailure
    BWxfailure
    BWxfailure

    Standing Calf Raises

    140x12

    Seated Leg Curl

    100x12


    Cardio:


    LISS
    7.0 MPH, 0 incline for 20 minutes

    Workout Notes:

    -Not pleased with my deadlift killer set as I was hoping for more reps, but I'm happy to at least put up a fight.
    -Weight after cardio was 172 lbs! EC was my preworkout choice, and I was dripping sweat by the end of the cardio, so it looks like I lost a decent bit of water.
    -Threw in a couple random exercises at the end because I wanted to try out some new equipment as I have just switched gyms. I'm currently going to LA fitness, and on Day 1 they told me I had to put my chalk in the locker because its use is forbidden.
    -I was recently cleared to bench press again so I will be doing that next training session.
    -I try to incorporate light (due to ankle) cardio just because I like doing the bare minimum amount of cardio to ensure cardiovascular health and competency during weight training.

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -It is obviously way too early to tell if Ergobolic is having an effect, but yesterday was extremely stressful, so I'm hoping that Ergobolic kicks in rapidly enough to keep cortisol levels in check.
    -If ergobolic works well for me, I will consider using it during my "off period" of 2 months following surgery. Why? Because the studies on sutherlandia used rats with immobilized limbs and demonstrated that sutherlandia spared muscle when a limb is inactive. Well, that's essentially the position I will be in, so perhaps double-dosed Ergobolic shall be used down the line?
    So assitance work for DL for you is kinda like a "Boring but big" scheme with a bit more weight...You are a beast Cy seriously , 355x5x3 is awesome man oO I can barely do 225 (for real now , happened yesterday yay ^^) and you dare call 355 merely assistance xD Sweet man! Lets hope to see those cortisol levels at the minimum now! Formula looks solid , and if I know a guy who knows his science and is in tune with his body its you buddy! Good luck and awesome workout!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    So assitance work for DL for you is kinda like a "Boring but big" scheme with a bit more weight...You are a beast Cy seriously , 355x5x3 is awesome man oO I can barely do 225 (for real now , happened yesterday yay ^^) and you dare call 355 merely assistance xD Sweet man! Lets hope to see those cortisol levels at the minimum now! Formula looks solid , and if I know a guy who knows his science and is in tune with his body its you buddy! Good luck and awesome workout!
    Haha I appreciate the kind words bud, but you're doing a great job for your bodyweight, keep it up and I'll be following along
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Days 1-2 (5/14-5/15)

    As a brief background, let me start by saying that 5/14 was my first day getting back into the swing of things. With finals week and graduation out of the way, I have more free time to focus on BBing. This was my first workout using moderately heavy weight in 2 weeks, as I am going through a couple ailments right now: I have been recovering from a torn pec minor for the past 5 months, and I have numerous stress fractures in my shin/ankle area (a combination of genetics and cardio). At some point in the summer, I will have to have an operation done which will leave me out of commission for 2 months, so I had a rather poor mindset that why even hit the gym hard at all if I stand to "lose" much of my progress. Well rather than keeling over and bitching out, I decided I'm going to work my way back into my normal routine, and with the extra motivation provided by Ergobolic and this log, I will power through the next 2 months.

    Now that I'm bulking again without a caloric limit, I've increased the volume of my 5/3/1 sessions tremendously. My strength has dropped a ton on numerous lifts due to injury recovery and school (my bench press dropped about 50 lbs in the 5 months since my tear...chest has atrophied too which sucks ; DL dropped 30 lbs, Squat 30 lbs, Military Press 10 lbs), but with proper nutrition in place, I hope to make some strides.

    5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, A1 - Deadlift Day

    Weight: 172 lbs (more on this below, I think EC + Cardio shed massive amounts of water)

    Core Work:

    Deadlift

    275x5
    320x5
    360x7

    Assistance Work:

    Deadlift

    355x5
    355x5
    355x5

    Good Morning

    135x8
    135x8
    135x8

    DB Walking Lunges

    70sx6
    70sx6
    70sx6
    70sx6
    70sx6

    Cable Crunches

    110x9
    110x9
    110x8
    110x8

    Hanging Leg Raises

    BWxfailure
    BWxfailure
    BWxfailure

    Standing Calf Raises

    140x12

    Seated Leg Curl

    100x12


    Cardio:

    LISS
    7.0 MPH, 0 incline for 20 minutes

    Workout Notes:

    -Not pleased with my deadlift killer set as I was hoping for more reps, but I'm happy to at least put up a fight.
    -Weight after cardio was 172 lbs! EC was my preworkout choice, and I was dripping sweat by the end of the cardio, so it looks like I lost a decent bit of water.
    -Threw in a couple random exercises at the end because I wanted to try out some new equipment as I have just switched gyms. I'm currently going to LA fitness, and on Day 1 they told me I had to put my chalk in the locker because its use is forbidden.
    -I was recently cleared to bench press again so I will be doing that next training session.
    -I try to incorporate light (due to ankle) cardio just because I like doing the bare minimum amount of cardio to ensure cardiovascular health and competency during weight training.

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -It is obviously way too early to tell if Ergobolic is having an effect, but yesterday was extremely stressful, so I'm hoping that Ergobolic kicks in rapidly enough to keep cortisol levels in check.
    -If ergobolic works well for me, I will consider using it during my "off period" of 2 months following surgery. Why? Because the studies on sutherlandia used rats with immobilized limbs and demonstrated that sutherlandia spared muscle when a limb is inactive. Well, that's essentially the position I will be in, so perhaps double-dosed Ergobolic shall be used down the line?
    You are a beast.... For 172... You pulling 2xbw deads for 5s like nothing. You are my hero. Hail the coop.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  4. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Haha I appreciate the kind words bud, but you're doing a great job for your bodyweight, keep it up and I'll be following along
    You know I mean them bro, and thanks also for being supportive towards my cause
    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    You are a beast.... For 172... You pulling 2xbw deads for 5s like nothing. You are my hero. Hail the coop.
    HAIL!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  5. Coop:

    Congratulations on your graduation!

    I am very impressed by your 5/14 workout. How long does that take you to get through? Given the health issues, the weights are especially impressive. My week #1 5/3/1 Deads started at 265#, and I finished with 5x10 @ 205. There was no way I could do Hanging Leg Raises after that...so my hat is off to you for knocking out 3 sets to failure after that kind of forearm stress!

    I look forward to reading more.

    Cheers.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Est1969 View Post
    Coop:

    Congratulations on your graduation!

    I am very impressed by your 5/14 workout. How long does that take you to get through? Given the health issues, the weights are especially impressive. My week #1 5/3/1 Deads started at 265#, and I finished with 5x10 @ 205. There was no way I could do Hanging Leg Raises after that...so my hat is off to you for knocking out 3 sets to failure after that kind of forearm stress!

    I look forward to reading more.

    Cheers.
    Thanks buddy. The sessions typically take about 2 hours including cardio. Your approach to 5/3/1 sounds great (boring but big I take it?).

    Day 3 (5/16)


    This is my first time training chest heavy in months. It went...alright.

    5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, B1 - Bench Day


    Weight: No weigh in

    Core Work:

    Flat BB Bench

    135x5
    155x5
    175x6

    Assistance Work:

    Flat DB Bench

    75sx5
    75sx5
    75sx5
    75sx5
    75sx5

    Incline DB Bench

    65sx7
    65sx7
    65sx7
    60sx10
    60sx10

    DB Row

    85x7
    85x7
    85x7
    75x10
    75x10

    Barbell Curl

    65x10
    65x10
    65x10
    65x10

    Pec Deck Cluster Sets

    145x11 -> 10 second rest -> 145x2
    145x8 -> 10 second rest -> 145x4 -> 10 second rest -> 145x2

    DB Shrugs

    90sx10
    90sx10

    Cardio:


    LISS
    7.0 MPH, 0 incline for 20 minutes

    Workout Notes:

    -I didn't lose as much strength on my bench press as I had feared, but it's still not a pretty situation. HOWEVER, I had no chest pain or inability to contract throughout my movements, which is a first and is a HUGE plus in my books.
    -Just as a general note: on non-compound lifts (i.e. barbell curls), I go from my usual explosive tempo to a more controlled, slow tempo. I also do not use straps or a belt; chalk is my sole aid, as core stimulation/forearm development are big things for me.

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -I felt great at the gym today and even better throughout the day. Appetite is increasing but that's likely a function of the increased caloric burn from my workout. Overall, my mood is much better than it was a week ago.
    -Not noticing any body composition changes yet, but I did rapidly lose weight (likely water) the day I started ergobolic, so I'm looking forward to my next weigh-in to see if Ergobolic may exert some sort of diuretic effect.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Thanks buddy. The sessions typically take about 2 hours including cardio. Your approach to 5/3/1 sounds great (boring but big I take it?).

    Day 3 (5/16)


    This is my first time training chest heavy in months. It went...alright.

    5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, B1 - Bench Day


    Weight: No weigh in

    Core Work:

    Flat BB Bench

    135x5
    155x5
    175x6

    Assistance Work:

    Flat DB Bench

    75sx5
    75sx5
    75sx5
    75sx5
    75sx5

    Incline DB Bench

    65sx7
    65sx7
    65sx7
    60sx10
    60sx10

    DB Row

    85x7
    85x7
    85x7
    75x10
    75x10

    Barbell Curl

    65x10
    65x10
    65x10
    65x10

    Pec Deck Cluster Sets

    145x11 -> 10 second rest -> 145x2
    145x8 -> 10 second rest -> 145x4 -> 10 second rest -> 145x2

    DB Shrugs

    90sx10
    90sx10

    Cardio:


    LISS
    7.0 MPH, 0 incline for 20 minutes

    Workout Notes:

    -I didn't lose as much strength on my bench press as I had feared, but it's still not a pretty situation. HOWEVER, I had no chest pain or inability to contract throughout my movements, which is a first and is a HUGE plus in my books.
    -Just as a general note: on non-compound lifts (i.e. barbell curls), I go from my usual explosive tempo to a more controlled, slow tempo. I also do not use straps or a belt; chalk is my sole aid, as core stimulation/forearm development are big things for me.

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -I felt great at the gym today and even better throughout the day. Appetite is increasing but that's likely a function of the increased caloric burn from my workout. Overall, my mood is much better than it was a week ago.
    -Not noticing any body composition changes yet, but I did rapidly lose weight (likely water) the day I started ergobolic, so I'm looking forward to my next weigh-in to see if Ergobolic may exert some sort of diuretic effect.
    I just love your approach to assitance in the 5/3/1 its kinda like mine but with a bit more added to it , you kinda to the "Bodybuilder" Assistance work from the book and a sort of "Periodization Bible" by david tate. Keep it up buddy! You definitely are strong for not training chest heavy in a while though!!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Thanks buddy. The sessions typically take about 2 hours including cardio. Your approach to 5/3/1 sounds great (boring but big I take it?).

    Day 3 (5/16)

    This is my first time training chest heavy in months. It went...alright.

    5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, B1 - Bench Day

    Weight: No weigh in

    Core Work:

    Flat BB Bench

    135x5
    155x5
    175x6

    Assistance Work:

    Flat DB Bench

    75sx5
    75sx5
    75sx5
    75sx5
    75sx5

    Incline DB Bench

    65sx7
    65sx7
    65sx7
    60sx10
    60sx10

    DB Row

    85x7
    85x7
    85x7
    75x10
    75x10

    Barbell Curl

    65x10
    65x10
    65x10
    65x10

    Pec Deck Cluster Sets

    145x11 -> 10 second rest -> 145x2
    145x8 -> 10 second rest -> 145x4 -> 10 second rest -> 145x2

    DB Shrugs

    90sx10
    90sx10

    Cardio:

    LISS
    7.0 MPH, 0 incline for 20 minutes

    Workout Notes:

    -I didn't lose as much strength on my bench press as I had feared, but it's still not a pretty situation. HOWEVER, I had no chest pain or inability to contract throughout my movements, which is a first and is a HUGE plus in my books.
    -Just as a general note: on non-compound lifts (i.e. barbell curls), I go from my usual explosive tempo to a more controlled, slow tempo. I also do not use straps or a belt; chalk is my sole aid, as core stimulation/forearm development are big things for me.

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -I felt great at the gym today and even better throughout the day. Appetite is increasing but that's likely a function of the increased caloric burn from my workout. Overall, my mood is much better than it was a week ago.
    -Not noticing any body composition changes yet, but I did rapidly lose weight (likely water) the day I started ergobolic, so I'm looking forward to my next weigh-in to see if Ergobolic may exert some sort of diuretic effect.
    Nice work. Looking lean there bro
    RecoverBro ELITE

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Nice work. Looking lean there bro
    Pic is from 3 months ago. Since then I've cut for 2 additional months and bulked for 1 month. Gonna try to take a pic this week, I'm 6 lbs lighter than I was in that pic but I'm feeling stronger and fuller.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Pic is from 3 months ago. Since then I've cut for 2 additional months and bulked for 1 month. Gonna try to take a pic this week, I'm 6 lbs lighter than I was in that pic but I'm feeling stronger and fuller.
    Damn... You must be the buffest med student around...
    And with no chemical assistance?! You make me look bad... Lol

    Keep killing it so I have more motivation to push it without them goodies!
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Damn... You must be the buffest med student around...
    And with no chemical assistance?! You make me look bad... Lol

    Keep killing it so I have more motivation to push it without them goodies!
    Heh, my physique is far from impressive and I'm nowhere near happy with my body right now. That's what the grind is for though

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Heh, my physique is far from impressive and I'm nowhere near happy with my body right now. That's what the grind is for though
    I'd be happy with your avatar pic.... Haha. Damn. Well probably I'd be happy till I woke up the next day and still looked the same. Progress!!
    RecoverBro ELITE

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Your approach to 5/3/1 sounds great (boring but big I take it?).
    Yes...exactly that. I'm adjusting to the extra volume and liking the leaning effects. BTW: great new avatar! Is it current? If so, your BF is definitely not 12% (as you said in the first post). I think if you can see your lower abs like in your avatar you are around 8-9%. 10 at the very most. Keep up the great work!

    Cheers,

  14. definitely in on this

  15. Snap, didn't know you were on this one. Def in!!
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)

  16. Mr.Cooper has exceeded his storage capabilities.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by vicesoldier View Post
    Snap, didn't know you were on this one. Def in!!
    Welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Est1969 View Post
    Yes...exactly that. I'm adjusting to the extra volume and liking the leaning effects. BTW: great new avatar! Is it current? If so, your BF is definitely not 12% (as you said in the first post). I think if you can see your lower abs like in your avatar you are around 8-9%. 10 at the very most. Keep up the great work!

    Cheers,
    Thanks man. That pic was from 3 months ago. I have cut for 2 months and bulked for 1 month since that pic, but due to increased water retention/carbs on my bulk, my six-pack is fading. That pic was around 12%...people often grossly underestimate their BF%:

    http://thisiswhyyourejacked.com/a-bo...-picture-guide

    It's more than abs, it's also about separation in other muscles/limbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wocheezy View Post
    definitely in on this
    Welcome aboard

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Mr.Cooper has exceeded his storage capabilities.
    Cleared!

    Days 4-5 (5/17-5/18)

    So today was one of the sh!ttier workouts in recent memory. I honestly don't know why, but strength was down and I didn't hit my prescribed reps on 5/3/1. This is the earliest I've ever had to reset on 5/3/1, but having been injured and cutting weight throughout my run, I can't say it wasn't expected. My ankle really bothered me on squats today, to the point that I had to lean forward more than I would have liked. Regardless, ROM is a big deal to me, and I do not count squat reps if they are not ATG (butt within 6 inches of ground). I will occasionally have a set that goes only to parallel just to see where my weight stands on squats with what I consider half-ROM .

    Having not hit the prescribed reps, I can either reset or change routines. For the sake of keeping things interesting, I'm gonna switch things up before coming back to 5/3/1. I'm thinking about doing Layne's PHAT or Yate's style HIT. Any thoughts? I will do one more 5/3/1 workout for the sake of balance and to close out the week as planned.


    5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, C1 - Squat Day


    Weight: 172 lbs (still 172...very unusual considering I'm eating at a decent surplus. Ergobolic at work?)

    Core Work:

    ATG Back Squat

    200x5
    230x5
    260x4 (target was 5. I made it halfway up the 5th rep then decided if I push any harder my lower back will round. Now I was in a new gym, so when I went to fail, the safeties were about 6 inches lower than I'm accustomed to. However, this was actually quite scary because I squat ATG, so my body cannot physically go any lower and the so the 6-inch difference seemed impossible to make up. I ended up throwing the bar off my back and crawling out, haha. When you're in LA fitness with a bunch of "proper" people and you do something like that, the murmurs start. Gotta find me a Gold's Gym )

    Assistance Work:

    ATG Back Squat

    195x6
    195x6
    195x6
    195x6
    195x6

    Parallel Back Squat

    345x3

    Walking DB Lunges

    60sx9
    60sx9
    60sx9

    ATG Front Squat (first time doing this in over a year)

    135x8
    135x8
    135x8

    Leg Press, Full ROM (new gym so I was mostly just "feeling out" this machine)

    575x10
    615x7
    645x6 (bounced hard off the safety by accident on 1 of the reps)

    Lying Leg Curl

    125x10
    125x10
    125x9/fail
    125x9/fail
    125x9/fail

    Seated Calf Raises (new equipment)

    125x14

    Leg Extension (new equipment; 2 second hold at the top of each rep)

    170x12

    Cardio:

    I was officially diagnosed with a stress fracture, so I'm cutting out all "impact" cardio. This means I'm confined to the damn elliptical, but whatever. Didn't go as hard as I normally do today, but considering that my weight hasn't moved, I'm going to cut back on cardio without compromising pulmonary function during weightlifting.

    HIIT - Elliptical
    Cross-ramp setting: 6 (slight incline)

    9 total cycles of:

    1 minute walk
    20 second sprint

    Followed by a 1 minute cooldown walk

    Total calories burnt: 135
    Total time: 13 minutes


    Workout Notes:

    -Most of the notes are written above. I think it's time to transition to more of a hypertrophy split, so PHAT is probably my best bet, especially since I'm bulking right now and no longer seeking to simply maintain strength.
    -My preworkout EC posed no issues during the HIIT. Honestly, HIIT on the elliptical was more of a muscle workout than cardio. The burn was akin to lunges, and I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -You know, I am pretty pleased with ergobolic so far. Ever since I started, my weight took a plunge and stayed there. This is likely due to some "drying out" effect that ergobolic confers, but the fact that I've kept weight off despite being in a decent surplus is encouraging. However, it's only been 5 days. If this trend continues for another week, I'd feel safe attributing it to ergobolic.
    -Sleep has been getting better since I started, despite the heat of summer. I have major sleep issues (insomnia/sleep paralysis), so the past 2 nights of deep sleep have been great and I'm seeing that other ergobolic users are noticing similar effects with sleep.

  18. Day 6 (5/19)

    5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, D1 - Military Press Day


    Weight: 172 lbs

    Core Work:

    Military Press

    90x5
    100x5
    115x6

    Assistance Work:

    Seated DB Shoulder Press

    50x8
    50x8
    55x6
    55x6
    55x5

    Weighted Pullups/Chinups

    15x6 (Pullup)
    15x6 (Hammer Grip)
    15x6 (Hammer Grip)
    15x6 (Chin-Up)
    15x7 (Chin-Up)

    Flat BB Bench (trying to emphasize my chest since it lagged so far behind)

    145x9
    145x8
    145x8
    145x8

    E-Z Bar Skullcrusher (first time in 1 full year)

    65x10
    65x8
    65x8

    Incline DB Curls

    35x10
    35x10

    Lateral Raises

    20x14
    20x14

    Dips (haven't been able to do for a full year due to another unrelated injury at my sternum)

    BWx10

    Cable Crunches

    110x12

    Pec Deck

    145x12

    Seated Cable Row

    120x20

    Cardio:

    HIIT - Elliptical
    Cross-ramp setting: 6 (slight incline)

    10 total cycles of:

    1 minute walk
    20 second sprint

    Followed by a 1 minute cooldown walk

    Total calories burnt: 150
    Total time: 14 minutes, 20 seconds


    Workout Notes:

    -Since today was my last day of 5/3/1, I decided to do a little bit of everything to see which exercises I will incorporate into my next routine, which I expect will be Layne Norton's PHAT.
    -Trained fasted today with the exception of BCAAs and my preworkout concoction. HIIT was absolutely brutal, but it feels great to be done.

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -The sleep effects are very real at this point. The last time I slept this good was when I was using ZMA + L-Dopa + occasionally melatonin. I woke up this morning absolutely refreshed, and while I did not intend on training fasted right away, I felt so energized by my deep sleep that I decided to go straight to the gym.
    -On the occasions when I go to the bathroom at night, I am THIRSTY. I usually slam a full 20 oz water bottle throughout my few trips to the bathroom each night. I really believe ergobolic has rid me of excess water and has some sort of diuretic effect.
    -No sore joints as of yet...e****lent.

  19. I swear it said military presses- 900x5. I was gonna say, coop your shoulders must hurt pretty bad and how come you were crushed?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I swear it said military presses- 900x5. I was gonna say, coop your shoulders must hurt pretty bad and how come you were crushed?
    Since he usually presses a small mini cooper that's why he was crushed
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)

  21. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Day 6 (5/19)

    5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, D1 - Military Press Day


    Weight: 172 lbs

    Core Work:

    Military Press

    90x5
    100x5
    115x6

    Assistance Work:

    Seated DB Shoulder Press

    50x8
    50x8
    55x6
    55x6
    55x5

    Weighted Pullups/Chinups

    15x6 (Pullup)
    15x6 (Hammer Grip)
    15x6 (Hammer Grip)
    15x6 (Chin-Up)
    15x7 (Chin-Up)

    Flat BB Bench (trying to emphasize my chest since it lagged so far behind)

    145x9
    145x8
    145x8
    145x8

    E-Z Bar Skullcrusher (first time in 1 full year)

    65x10
    65x8
    65x8

    Incline DB Curls

    35x10
    35x10

    Lateral Raises

    20x14
    20x14

    Dips (haven't been able to do for a full year due to another unrelated injury at my sternum)

    BWx10

    Cable Crunches

    110x12

    Pec Deck

    145x12

    Seated Cable Row

    120x20

    Cardio:

    HIIT - Elliptical
    Cross-ramp setting: 6 (slight incline)

    10 total cycles of:

    1 minute walk
    20 second sprint

    Followed by a 1 minute cooldown walk

    Total calories burnt: 150
    Total time: 14 minutes, 20 seconds


    Workout Notes:

    -Since today was my last day of 5/3/1, I decided to do a little bit of everything to see which exercises I will incorporate into my next routine, which I expect will be Layne Norton's PHAT.
    -Trained fasted today with the exception of BCAAs and my preworkout concoction. HIIT was absolutely brutal, but it feels great to be done.

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -The sleep effects are very real at this point. The last time I slept this good was when I was using ZMA + L-Dopa + occasionally melatonin. I woke up this morning absolutely refreshed, and while I did not intend on training fasted right away, I felt so energized by my deep sleep that I decided to go straight to the gym.
    -On the occasions when I go to the bathroom at night, I am THIRSTY. I usually slam a full 20 oz water bottle throughout my few trips to the bathroom each night. I really believe ergobolic has rid me of excess water and has some sort of diuretic effect.
    -No sore joints as of yet...e****lent.
    Pretty good workout Cy! , hope those injuries don't lag you behind much buddy , and freaking good strength you got on that back for those weighted pull/hammer/chin ups buddy! Keep it up , and make sure you DO wake up to go the bathroom hahaha having such deep sleep you wouldn't wanna wake up to a yellow mellow pond now would yah? hahaha
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  22. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I swear it said military presses- 900x5. I was gonna say, coop your shoulders must hurt pretty bad and how come you were crushed?
    Lol world record!

    Quote Originally Posted by vicesoldier View Post
    Since he usually presses a small mini cooper that's why he was crushed
    You know, I almost changed my username to MiniCooper back in the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Pretty good workout Cy! , hope those injuries don't lag you behind much buddy , and freaking good strength you got on that back for those weighted pull/hammer/chin ups buddy! Keep it up , and make sure you DO wake up to go the bathroom hahaha having such deep sleep you wouldn't wanna wake up to a yellow mellow pond now would yah? hahaha
    Thanks a lot buddy, I really appreciate you following along!

    Days 7-8 (5/20-5/21)

    PHAT DAY 1 - Upper Body Power


    Weight: 172.5 lbs

    Underhanded Barbell Row

    175x5
    175x5
    175x5

    Pullups/Chinups

    BW+15x7 (Pullup)
    BW+15x6 (Hammer-Grip Pullup)
    BW+15x7 (Chinup)
    BW+15x6 (Pullup)

    Flat DB Bench

    80sx4
    80sx4
    80sx5

    Dips

    BW+25x8
    BW+25x9

    Standing Barbell Military Press

    100x6
    100x6
    100x6

    Barbell Curls

    70x8
    70x8
    70x8

    Skullcrusher

    65x8
    65x8
    65x8

    Cable Crunches

    110x13

    Hanging Leg Raises

    BWx10/fail

    Cardio:

    LISS - Walking on Treadmill

    Time: 30 minutes
    Incline: 2.0
    Speed: 4.0 mph

    Time: 5 minutes
    Incline: 2.0
    Speed: 4.7 mph

    Time: 5 minutes
    Incline: 2.0
    Speed: 4.4 mph


    Workout Notes:

    -Pretty happy with this new routine already. Just the right amount of volume, and it there's not a lot of fluff.
    -I'm happy that my flat DB Bench already increased by 5 lbs per dumbbell in 1 week. I guess I should expect rapid strength gains on chest now that I've started training it seriously following the injury. It's like being a newbie again .

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -For all the great sleep I've been having this past week, I did not sleep a wink last night. A combination of the heat and a bothersome sore throat kept me up all night, mind racing but body fatigued. Hopefully tonight I can get back into the swing of things again. Overall, I do feel that ergobolic has contributed to how I feel on a day-to-day basis. I don't feel rundown due to my lack of sleep, and ergobolic does appear to help with feeling refreshed and wakeful.
    -As far as body composition goes, I've gained 1/2 a lb in the past 3 days and have gained a decent amount of strength on chest, so I think things are moving in the right direction there.
    -Is ergobolic supposed to make me feel warmer?
    -Still no sore joints or other annoying low-cortisol sides.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Lol world record!



    You know, I almost changed my username to MiniCooper back in the day.



    Thanks a lot buddy, I really appreciate you following along!

    Days 7-8 (5/20-5/21)

    PHAT DAY 1 - Upper Body Power


    Weight: 172.5 lbs

    Underhanded Barbell Row

    175x5
    175x5
    175x5

    Pullups/Chinups

    BW+15x7 (Pullup)
    BW+15x6 (Hammer-Grip Pullup)
    BW+15x7 (Chinup)
    BW+15x6 (Pullup)

    Flat DB Bench

    80sx4
    80sx4
    80sx5

    Dips

    BW+25x8
    BW+25x9

    Standing Barbell Military Press

    100x6
    100x6
    100x6

    Barbell Curls

    70x8
    70x8
    70x8

    Skullcrusher

    65x8
    65x8
    65x8

    Cable Crunches

    110x13

    Hanging Leg Raises

    BWx10/fail

    Cardio:

    LISS - Walking on Treadmill

    Time: 30 minutes
    Incline: 2.0
    Speed: 4.0 mph

    Time: 5 minutes
    Incline: 2.0
    Speed: 4.7 mph

    Time: 5 minutes
    Incline: 2.0
    Speed: 4.4 mph


    Workout Notes:

    -Pretty happy with this new routine already. Just the right amount of volume, and it there's not a lot of fluff.
    -I'm happy that my flat DB Bench already increased by 5 lbs per dumbbell in 1 week. I guess I should expect rapid strength gains on chest now that I've started training it seriously following the injury. It's like being a newbie again .

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -For all the great sleep I've been having this past week, I did not sleep a wink last night. A combination of the heat and a bothersome sore throat kept me up all night, mind racing but body fatigued. Hopefully tonight I can get back into the swing of things again. Overall, I do feel that ergobolic has contributed to how I feel on a day-to-day basis. I don't feel rundown due to my lack of sleep, and ergobolic does appear to help with feeling refreshed and wakeful.
    -As far as body composition goes, I've gained 1/2 a lb in the past 3 days and have gained a decent amount of strength on chest, so I think things are moving in the right direction there.
    -Is ergobolic supposed to make me feel warmer?
    -Still no sore joints or other annoying low-cortisol sides.
    You know its my pleasure to follow along bud!

    Hm...seems the cortisol control does work , and the formula seems to have come along with pretty likeable results in the sleep and mood department also. Get well on the throat and don't let yourself get sick ! I wish I could be going up in weight as slow and lean as you are doing it man...I would rather that than the express way to fatty town my body seems to have taken in the past 2 weeks :S! Other than that , i do suppose that Black Tea might have a slight thermogenic effect , but don't quote me on that
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  24. So is this a supplement log or a gay chat room? Lol.
    So much man love <3
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

  25. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    So is this a supplement log or a gay chat room? Lol.
    So much man love <3
    Says the guy that sends nudes to get compliments ;p! Jelly FL3X? Want some? hahahaha
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  26. Dang switching to PHAT! I could never do the volume in those.
    I mean I did HST but PHATmhas the power aspect to it so I would just get battered lol m
    Sorry to hear about the injury, hopefully lessening the impact will lead to some recovery.
    Keep hitting it hard man.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  27. In for support!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    So is this a gay chat room or a gay chat room? Lol.
    So much man love <3
    Maybe all this man love is whats making you warmer coop.

    I like your new program, looks very similar to Layne Norton's PHAT program I'm using atm.
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    You know its my pleasure to follow along bud!

    Hm...seems the cortisol control does work , and the formula seems to have come along with pretty likeable results in the sleep and mood department also. Get well on the throat and don't let yourself get sick ! I wish I could be going up in weight as slow and lean as you are doing it man...I would rather that than the express way to fatty town my body seems to have taken in the past 2 weeks :S! Other than that , i do suppose that Black Tea might have a slight thermogenic effect , but don't quote me on that
    Dude, you are doing great. Early weight gain in a bulk is expected as your body adjusts to the increased calories, replenishes glycogen stores, and holds more water overall.

    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    So is this a supplement log or a gay chat room? Lol.
    So much man love <3
    Your avi...my mouth...now

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Dang switching to PHAT! I could never do the volume in those.
    I mean I did HST but PHATmhas the power aspect to it so I would just get battered lol m
    Sorry to hear about the injury, hopefully lessening the impact will lead to some recovery.
    Keep hitting it hard man.
    The volume is actually pretty intense and I really felt it today. That said, I am loving it!

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCnate View Post
    In for support!
    Thanks brother!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbero View Post
    Maybe all this man love is whats making you warmer coop.

    I like your new program, looks very similar to Layne Norton's PHAT program I'm using atm.
    It is indeed very similar. I had to change some of the exercises simply because I need to work around my injury + I know what my body responds best to.

  30. Days 9 (5/22)

    PHAT DAY 2 - Lower Body Power


    Weight: 171 lbs

    Deadlift

    365x4
    365x4
    365x4
    405x1 (added a single for the hell of it. gonna try to throw on 5 lbs every week until I plateau. single was easy today but that's how progression works, gotta start low).

    Front Squat

    165x5
    165x5
    165x5

    Hack Squat Machine

    384x6
    384x6

    Leg Press - Full ROM

    625x7
    625x7

    Good Morning

    145x6
    145x6
    145x6

    Lying Leg Curl

    130x7
    130x7

    Standing Calf Raises

    140x8
    140x8
    140x8

    Seated Calf Raises

    135x10
    135x10

    Cable Crunches

    120x7

    Hanging Leg Raises

    BWx11/fail

    Cardio:

    HIIT - Elliptical
    Cross-ramp setting: 6 (slight incline)

    11 total cycles of:

    1 minute walk
    20 second sprint

    Followed by a 1 minute cooldown walk

    Total calories burnt: 165
    Total time: 15 minutes, 40 seconds

    Workout Notes:

    -This was a great training session, but it was extremely weird. I took the following preworkout (fasted): BCAAs, EC stack, 2g ALCAR, 2g PLCAR, 8g Citrulline Malate (all SNS ), and my 2 ergobolic caps. I don't know what was going on, but I was getting lightheaded before even doing a single set. I felt like passing out/dizzy after each set of deadlifts and the feeling continued throughout the session. I've done this combination numerous times with no issue, so I was quite shocked. My performance did not suffer, but I was a little worried as I went from set to set as my BP dipped pretty low, spontaneously.
    -On the flip side, HIIT was unusually easy. I guess excessive vasodilation can be a good thing in some circumstances, but I'm still unsure as to why the sole vasodilators I took (caffeine and citrulline malate) affected me so profoundly today.

    Ergobolic Notes:

    -So despite eating in a pretty large caloric surplus, I am down 1 lb from yesterday and about 9 total lbs in one week. Obviously the 8 or so pounds that I dropped overnight were pretty much extra water I was holding, but it's interesting that I'm getting stronger and eating more, and yet my weight is either stagnant or getting lower. I look better in the mirror and it does appear that hypertrophy/fullness is present, and with no other supplements besides the basics and EC preworkout only, I'd have to give some credit to Ergobolic.
    -Sleep was great again. Got 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep, a true rarity for me.
    -I am getting lots of night sweats, and have been since starting ergobolic. At first I thought it was the weather, but last night was cool and I still got the night sweats. Not sure what may be causing this, but I don't really mind.
    -All in all, I'm over a week into Ergobolic and I am pleased so far .
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM
  2. Nimbus Nutrition Tester Logs (Reviews, Logs, Mini Logs)
    By Colden in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
  3. Nimbus Nutrition Tester Logs (Reviews, Logs, Mini Logs)
    By Colden in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 05:37 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Log in
Log in