Taman's EPIC push towards beast mode (unsponsored)

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was just gonna run this and take a break from logging, but Turning Green seemed excited by the idea of a log, so this one's for you hard rockin' man!

Gonna get a jump on dosing starting 5/6/12.

We are starting out at 261, waist 39.5" .

What I am looking for is an overall increase in LBM while reducing BF% (yeah, I know, DUH) while increasing strength.

First things first, the training:

Performing the exercises as straight sets. Pay attention to the percentages of your 1RM assigned to each 5x5 lift. They will increase each week as follows:

Wk 1: 65% of 1RM
Wk 2: 75% of 1RM
Wk 3: 85% of 1RM
Wk 4: 60% of 1RM... Reduce the sets on the remaining exercises to two each.
Wk 5: Add 5 lbs to upper-body lifts and 10 lbs to lower-body lifts, and begin the cycle again at 65%.

I will adjust things on the fly if things get to be too easy in week 3. I will also likely skip the week 4 deload given this will be a 6 week run and I want to get the max gains I can out of it.
Lifts...

Day 1:
Squat 5x5
Power Clean 5x5

Split Squat 3x6 (each leg) (or alternative)

Hanging Leg Raise 3x As many as possible

Day 2:
Bench Press 5x5
Dips 3x As many as possible
Bent Over Row 3x8-12
Pull-ups 3x As many as possible
Close Grip Bench 3x8-12
Side Bends 3x8-12 (each side)

Day 3:
Deadlift 5x5
Front Squat 3x8-12 (I actually ended up doing this 5x5 more often so I could keep pace w/ Pwr Cleans)
Back Raise 3x8-12
BB/DB Shrugs 3x12-15
Planks 5x10 sec hold (tense all muscles as hard as possible, increase hold as feasible)

Day 4:
Standing Overhead Press 5x5 ( I do these with minimal push from beneath, all reps to at least below the chin if not to clavicle.)
Incline DB Press 3x8-12
Tate Press 3x8-12
One-arm DB Row 3x8-12 (each side)
Hammer Curl 3x8-12 (or alternative)

About 2 months ago, I started working on getting deeper on my squat, so I dropped a lot of weight from what I was doing. I will also be working in some deep calf stretch work to continue improving overall depth.

Starting Training Maxs as follows: Squat – 360, Powercleans – 180, Bench – 275, Deads – 390, Standing OH BB Press - 200.

I will also do cardio in the form of stationary bikes or real bike riding anywhere from 3-5 times a week, anywhere from 25-45 minutes.

As to diet, I will be running Lean Gains/Intermittent Fasting Protocols with target of 2700 or under cals on lifting days (usually run about 2550) and under 1900 cals on burn days Feed window is usually 12-8 but will vary according to my schedule and where I am on protein intake.

Now to “the run” I have two 90 cap bottles of elite Labs Epic 10mg, an epi clone. Gonna run this at 40mg for 30 days, kick it up to 50mg for the last 12. Coupled with this, we will be running 600mg of LGI's Stano -200 (3-beta-hydroxyetioallocholan-17-one ) for the full 42 days. The epi I have run before in a stack at 40, so I know this will not be an issue. The stano I do not have any prior exposure to so I am a bit reserved about exceeding the recommended max daily 600mg, if it goes well, may bump this a bit. Additionally,we will also be using Ageforce DHEA+Preg. Patch to help combat any libido or lethargy issues.

Now hold your horses, I got the PCT and support sups on hand too. Have been taking 1000mg Milk Thistle 2x/day for the last 2 weeks, will double that as we get into this. I do have a hx of hypertension but is presently well controlled via exercise and meds (about 110/65) and will continue to take Lisinopril and HCTZ and monitor. If it goes over 145/105, I will pull the plug start PCT. 5Mg Taurine/day to prevent back pumps. Also am and will be taking Forged Joint Support, Cissus and Fish Oil, 4/1/1 BCAA (anywhere from 24-42g/day) pre and intra workout and protein powder as needed to hit my macro targets.

For PCT we have 40mg Nolva caps, dosing 40mg daily for 2 weeks, decreased to 40mg EOD for 2 weeks. This will be tagged with Endosurge from day one and then supplemented with Licogenix at the start of week 3. May also add some type of creatine sup and or anabeta if I can swing it.

Wish me luck, lets push closer to beast mode!!!!!!!

Attachments

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright! Let's do this!!!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and please we need some bro-rotic pics.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh you know it brother!!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub a dub dub for my fellow broham ;)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh you know it brother!!!

I still keep thinking who the hell is this guy? Then I remember to look at the name and not the avi..lol Not sure why it keeps throwing me off.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
This is gonna be a sweet ride! Subbed for some good stories and epic pics!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Welcome Sir!
Thank you Kind Fellow! , I love your routine haha its almost exactly like mine :p! Though of course I am a newbie starting to build up muscle, and this is gonna be some sweet motivation for me!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm SUB'd Bro, Where is Green if he is your inspiration? Did you not send him an invite???

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm SUB'd Bro, Where is Green if he is your inspiration? Did you not send him an invite???
Posted it in a thread he had been following, now have sent him a PM, don't think he has been around tonight. He'll be here, I have no doubt.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I'm in T! Good luck bud

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lets do this buddy!!!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Broke the seals and put them in the cupboard today. It's like tomorrow is Christmas lol :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you always eat steak bowls on Christmas Eve?
:D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No doubt!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Likely irrelevant post, but started with one cap of stano, 1 Epi @8, dhea patch @ 9. Hitting the gym this afternoon for squats & cleans, gonna down another Epi before and one of each after, Last doses pre bed. I know it is psycho somatic, but I am stoked for this.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, day 1 under our belt, so far so good.
Day 1 wk 1 (65%)
2;10-3:10 (6 MINUTE BIKE WARM UP, followed by deep calf stretches)

Back Squat 5x5 @235 ( Had a milk crate on top of 3 plates under me. only managed to hit it a couple of times, but the true point is to have a target so I break with my hips first. May sound weird, but this works for me.)

Power Clean 5x5@115

Split Squat w/15's 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 - Still working on finding a groove here but it is getting better. The balance and coordination is tough for me but am starting to get a feel for these.

Had no leg raise station, so I did them off the end of a bench, mini drop sets w/10lb DB, then nothing
10/10, 7/7, 5/5

Dietary has been good, fed from 12:30-about 8:30: 2639 cals (198 carbs, 249 protein [plus 34 g bcaa]91 fats) estimated deficit of 1050.

Good first day.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good, keep it up

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, day 1 under our belt, so far so good.
Day 1 wk 1 (65%)
2;10-3:10 (6 MINUTE BIKE WARM UP, followed by deep calf stretches)

Back Squat 5x5 @235 ( Had a milk crate on top of 3 plates under me. only managed to hit it a couple of times, but the true point is to have a target so I break with my hips first. May sound weird, but this works for me.)

Power Clean 5x5@115

Split Squat w/15's 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 - Still working on finding a groove here but it is getting better. The balance and coordination is tough for me but am starting to get a feel for these.

Had no leg raise station, so I did them off the end of a bench, mini drop sets w/10lb DB, then nothing
10/10, 7/7, 5/5

Dietary has been good, fed from 12:30-about 8:30: 2639 cals (198 carbs, 249 protein [plus 34 g bcaa]91 fats) estimated deficit of 1050.

Good first day.
Good start bro. Let's see some mean strength gains!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/7/12 Day 2, wk 1 (65%) Cycle Day 2
5:30-6:25

Bench 5x5@180

BW Dips 10/10/10

BO BB Row @205 10/7/8 (Increased lean over to about 45 Degree's on sets 2 and 3 for tighter form)

Close Grip Bench @185 10/10/4 (Could use a little input here. My spotter told me proper form for this meant keeping elbows in tight (not unlike a regular bench, hence the drop in reps on last set. What do you guys think? I use a pretty narrow grip on these -two fingers into the smooth mid of the bar.)

Assisted Pull up (265-50= 215) 8/7/7

Finished up with 25 minutes cardio, 160 cals.

Fed from 12-8:30 2614 cals (160 carbs, 242 protein [plus 30g bcaa], 105 fats) with an estimated burn of 4200. Probably more in my head, but aggression was up tonight, I attacked those close grip benches like a beast!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sick stack, I'm really interested in seeing how this works for you, good luck! Awesome log man.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Burn day today, youngest had his

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Burn day today, lil dude had his first b ball game. 1800 cals, 93 carbs, 200 pro, 68 fats . Did have a rare period of anxiety, just kept calm and road it out, lasted about 20 minutes. Will have to keep an eye on this.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly the close grip bench is more for triceps so I think you should visually pull the bar down to you and engage the lats and tris. The push back up through the same motion. If your flaring too much it my be more stress on the tendons and elbow joint.
Look up JM presses too. Those are nice.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Burn day today, lil dude had his first b ball game. 1800 cals, 93 carbs, 200 fats, 68 fats . Did have a rare period of anxiety, just kept calm and road it out, lasted about 20 minutes. Will have to keep an eye on this.
Wow this is odd. From the epi you think? Hmm. Stano I never ran but I've run a lot of dht. And I don't think anxiety was a side I experienced. Been under a lot of stress lately?

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow this is odd. From the epi you think? Hmm. Stano I never ran but I've run a lot of dht. And I don't think anxiety was a side I experienced. Been under a lot of stress lately?
Not sure, could be just an anomaly. Epi has never been a problem for me, so if it is ph related, would have to be on of the others. I do occaisionaly have difficulties with anxiety when I have to deal with something or some one I would rather avoid, but there is always an external trigger. This was no where near panic attack levels but was sort of intense in brief spikes but would settle down. I just tried to keep busy and when it pushed it self to the for front, just told my self everything was gonna be fine and that this would pass.

May be a bit early, but I am sensing a mild euphoria like alpha male coming on, I wanted to hit the iron so bad today but there was no way I was gonna go lift an due to my schedule not be able to feed for almost 4 hours. Could just be in my head, but I swear the veins on my forearms and hands are popping (visually) more already. Did weigh in at 258.4 this morning.

Also, road out for some pre-work fasted cardio today, Random Hills, kicked up the max resist to a new high, 25 minutes, 205 cals.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not much to report other than the above. No further anxiety issues today. If things keep running this smooth, I may bump the stano to 1000mg/day starting week 2. If anyone thinks this in inadvisable, feel free to speak up.

Went a little over on cals for a burn day today but nothing huge. 2056 cals (83 carbs, 222 protin [plus 24 g bcaa], 91 fats) estimated burn of 3700.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wouldn't miss this. I am stoked at how well you have done so far in your transformation. Stay focused and motivated and all will work it self out.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wouldn't miss this. I am stoked at how well you have done so far in your transformation. Stay focused and motivated and all will work it self out.
Fist pump,jpeg YES!!!!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Awesome buddy! seems like its going good for yah!! Keep it up and damn , nice control on the diet, seems like you are really going on a huge deficit here! results will be well damn worth it!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome buddy! seems like its going good for yah!! Keep it up and damn , nice control on the diet, seems like you are really going on a huge deficit here! results will be well damn worth it!
The daily burns are just estimates. With IF, I have the freedom to indulge a bit on lifting days as long as I don't get stupid about it. In all honesty, I do some times (about 2x/month) wake up famished in the middle of the night and eat a little something, that is when making good choices is imperative.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3, wk 1 (65%) Cycle Day 5
5:10-6:05 (Started with brief cardio warm up and deep calf/hip flexor stretches.

DL - 5x5@ 255

Front Squat 185x10/10 (PR), 205x6 (Another PR)

Back Extension/Raise 3x10 w/90lb DB

BB Shrug 315x15/14, 365x8 (was not getting full ROM last set, bit too big of a jump)

Planks 5 reps 40sec hold/20sec rest.

Still think it is likely psychosomatic but I am seeing increases in aggression in the weight room and alpha male like sensations. Maybe it is an early onset due to the combination of this stack, not sure. I know I certainly had a bit if a strut going on, think others noticed to because I was all business and no one even tried to talk to me tonight. Had to remind myself to stick to the program as I wanted to go heavy on the deads and the 255 was child's play, did not satisfy. I made up for this on the front squats, pushing into new territory. I am loving this so far. Again, no further anxiety. Did check my BP post iron, was 145/80, a little elevated for sure but again, had only been done lifting for about 5 minutes or less, so I am not gonna much worry about it yet.

Dietary for today : 2733 cals (212 carbs, 214 protein [plus 30g bcaa], 116 fats) with an estimated burn of 4150.

Getting in some AM burn and PM iron tomorrow.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3, wk 1 (65%) Cycle Day 5
5:10-6:05 (Started with brief cardio warm up and deep calf/hip flexor stretches.

DL - 5x5@ 255

Front Squat 185x10/10 (PR), 205x6 (Another PR)

Back Extension/Raise 3x10 w/90lb DB

BB Shrug 315x15/14, 365x8 (was not getting full ROM last set, bit too big of a jump)

Planks 5 reps 40sec hold/20sec rest.

Still think it is likely psychosomatic but I am seeing increases in aggression in the weight room and alpha male like sensations. Maybe it is an early onset due to the combination of this stack, not sure. I know I certainly had a bit if a strut going on, think others noticed to because I was all business and no one even tried to talk to me tonight. Had to remind myself to stick to the program as I wanted to go heavy on the deads and the 255 was child's play, did not satisfy. I made up for this on the front squats, pushing into new territory. I am loving this so far. Again, no further anxiety. Did check my BP post iron, was 145/80, a little elevated for sure but again, had only been done lifting for about 5 minutes or less, so I am not gonna much worry about it yet.

Dietary for today : 2733 cals (212 carbs, 214 protein [plus 30g bcaa], 116 fats) with an estimated burn of 4150.

Getting in some AM burn and PM iron tomorrow.
Nice front squat PR!

Light day for deads. :)

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Took me a while to get here my brotha, but I'm in! Been trying to keep up with this crazy A$$ competition we have going on here. Now...let me catch up on this bad boy!!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took me a while to get here my brotha, but I'm in! Been trying to keep up with this crazy A$$ competition we have going on here. Now...let me catch up on this bad boy!!
Good to have ya TG :)

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As promised, some fasted cardio this morning. 32 minutes, 239 cals, Random Hills

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't sleep for **** last night, don't think it was PH related but did slow me down a bit in the gym.
Day 4, wk 1 (65%)
4:25-5:20

Standing OH BB press 5x5@ 130

Inc DB Press @ 75's 12/12/12 (Really got a good stretch at the bottom here.)

Tate Press 40's 10/10/10

BO DB Row 110x10/10, 10/10, 8/8 (Even with straps this is a challenge to keep a grip on)

Seated Concentration Curl 35x12/12, 40x6/6 (bit of a surprise here), 35x8/8 Form on these were very tight.

Aggression was still there once I got going despite the poor nights sleep. No negative sides noted as of yet, but we are not quite a week in.

Fed from 12-7:30 2590 cals (219 carbs, 228 protein [plus 48g bcaa], 93 fats. A bit high on the carbs but I think we were active enough today to burn them easily. Estimated burn of 4270.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you just finish your first Deload or 2nd? I forget how long you have been running the 5x5