Time to get Stoked Biatch!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Get ready for a log full of beneficial info, day to day results, not to mention my awesome red text!

*Goal
-Keep growing
-Keep getting stronger
-Lean down
-Feel good! (honestly this is so important but gets overlooked by most trainees)

*Nutrition
-Calorie surplus everyday
-Protein is around my bodyweight (sometimes more sometimes less)
-Carbs are around 350-500 on off days, 500-700 on training days
-Healthy Fats- (healthy fat sources with 4 out of my 5 meals) (around 8-15g fish oil a day)
-Protein sources are everything from beef, eggs, fish, nuts.....you get the idea. Basics.
-Carb sources are white rice, white/red potatoes, fruit, sugars/karbolyn(during workout)
-Fat Sources are from your typical peanut butters, various nuts, avocado's, eggs, fish oils, etc....

*Cheat Meals
-Honestly I can handle cheat meals(junk food) everyday if I wanted to without gaining fat, but im literally just sick of fast foods/junk food lol, so majority of the time everything will be relatively clean, if I do have a cheat meal of some sort, my favorites are Italian food, ice cream, and....hmmm I think thats all. McDonalds, BurgerKind, and Tacobell I have no passion for anymore.

*Supplements
-Stoked (test booster)
-Prime (nutrient partioner)
-Compound 20 (GDA / epicness :) )
-Fish Oils
-Magnesium (in various forms for Nervous System function, endocrine, adrenal support, digestive fuction)
-Simple Carbs
-Herbal Tea's (green tea for example for a detox effect, but may stop because im somewhat concerned if it will hinder Prime/C20's effect, if someone could clear that up for me that would be awesome)
-BCAA/Creatine/NO/Amino mix (my typical intra/post workout recovery ****tail)
-Pre Workout mix is Maximize Intense+Hemavol at the moment

*Training
-If I want to train more frequent, ill be relatively moderate-high volume with reps around the 12-15 range, not training to complete muscular failure (to ensure my cns doesn't burn out too quick, ensure my mood is good, make sure my sex drive isnt pummeled) (more of a sarcoplasmic style of training utilizing various angles aka ranges of motion for each muscle for optimal development)
-If I want to train super heavy (2-5 reps), ill train less frequent. Honestly from my experience I never really noticed any actual muscular hypertrophy from this style, and I end up feeling like crap/stressed out after my session which sometimes the crappy feeling last 1-2 days. -Though for ego purposes, I may run some of my myofibrillar/nerumuscular protocols every now and then, right now my life in general isn't that busy so I have loads of time, if I were compressed with how much time I have everyday, i'd prolly stick to this style of training. Though I hate taking days off...lol

-HIIT cardio (atleast 2x a week, no more than 3) (I feel this cardio is ideal for body recomposition, here ill list the benefits of HIIT cardio)(below)
#Insulin Sensitivity enhanced
#Metabolism ramped up anywhere from 20-48 hours
#GH secretion enhanced
#Sleep enhanced (deeper, GH secretion much greater)
#Overall hormonal benefit (protein synthesis, insulin sensitivty enhancement is huge, as bodybuilders we want to make our bodies as "receptive" to nutrients as possible)

*Other Notes
-I eat white carbs because they do not cause any digestive issues with me, plus going through stressfull physical activity on a daily basis via weight training or high intensity cardio I do not have to worry about being "insulin resistant" or any fat gains from simply eating white carbs. I feel low GI carbs are great for your typical American that doesn't do any kind of stressful physical activity, plus adding in protein/fats to your higher GI carbs will drastically lower the GI anyways, as bodybuilders we want the nutrients ready to go within 1-2 hours after digestion, not 5-10 hours!!! Yikes!......Oh and if your eating foods that tamper with your digestion(bloating,discomfort) your just creating excess inflammation in your body which will result in a higher cortisol output than if you were to eat foods that don't tamper with your digestion.

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Arms 4/13/12

-Cross Body Hammer Curls 2x10-12

-Top portion Bench Press 5x10-12
-One Arm DB Ex 3x20-10
-Upright Dips 4x30-10 (varried tempo because I don't have a chain to add weight to my belt)

-Standing DB supine Curls 3x10-12
-Incline Hammer Curls 3x12
-Preacher Machine Curls 3x15-12

-Ended the workout off with some partial chains (underhand/narrow)

*Notes*
-Good pump but not the best (lack of sleep / blowing my load last night in her hair.....yeah come at me bro! )
-PR's on everything (rep wise)
-Getting more vascular everyday!
-Supersetted each tricep/bicep exercise
-Rest periods around 60 seconds
-Sitting here and my pump is getting better by the minute?! lol.....and it hurts! In a good way of course.
-Next time when whatever muscle im training finnally reaches that "fully pumped" state, gonna add 1-3 more sets along with some extreme stretching during that sequence, and gonna inject my carb/cell volumizer/bcaa shake during that sequence instead of taking it post workout. Talk about "maximizing the pump"!!
-I was going to follow a more "structured" training protocol like a PHAT variant....but honestly I hate training heavy(2-6 reps)....its boring...I hate it....not intense.....I love training for a maximum pump while still overloading my muscles, I feel for maximum development of the muscles, this is key. No half-assing around here!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Count me in.! Good luck.!
Thanks Pimp!

Perfect timing....the gains are about to sky rocket....

Sky rocket I tell ya...

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Get ready for a log full of beneficial info, day to day results, not to mention my awesome red text!

*Goal
-Keep growing
-Keep getting stronger
-Lean down
-Feel good! (honestly this is so important but gets overlooked by most trainees)

*Nutrition
-Calorie surplus everyday
-Protein is around my bodyweight (sometimes more sometimes less)
-Carbs are around 350-500 on off days, 500-700 on training days
-Healthy Fats- (healthy fat sources with 4 out of my 5 meals) (around 8-15g fish oil a day)
-Protein sources are everything from beef, eggs, fish, nuts.....you get the idea. Basics.
-Carb sources are white rice, white/red potatoes, fruit, sugars/karbolyn(during workout)
-Fat Sources are from your typical peanut butters, various nuts, avocado's, eggs, fish oils, etc....

*Cheat Meals
-Honestly I can handle cheat meals(junk food) everyday if I wanted to without gaining fat, but im literally just sick of fast foods/junk food lol, so majority of the time everything will be relatively clean, if I do have a cheat meal of some sort, my favorites are Italian food, ice cream, and....hmmm I think thats all. McDonalds, BurgerKind, and Tacobell I have no passion for anymore.

*Supplements
-Stoked (test booster)
-Prime (nutrient partioner)
-Compound 20 (GDA / epicness :) )
-Fish Oils
-Magnesium (in various forms for Nervous System function, endocrine, adrenal support, digestive fuction)
-Simple Carbs
-Herbal Tea's (green tea for example for a detox effect, but may stop because im somewhat concerned if it will hinder Prime/C20's effect, if someone could clear that up for me that would be awesome)
-BCAA/Creatine/NO/Amino mix (my typical intra/post workout recovery ****tail)
-Pre Workout mix is Maximize Intense+Hemavol at the moment

*Training
-If I want to train more frequent, ill be relatively moderate-high volume with reps around the 12-15 range, not training to complete muscular failure (to ensure my cns doesn't burn out too quick, ensure my mood is good, make sure my sex drive isnt pummeled) (more of a sarcoplasmic style of training utilizing various angles aka ranges of motion for each muscle for optimal development)
-If I want to train super heavy (2-5 reps), ill train less frequent. Honestly from my experience I never really noticed any actual muscular hypertrophy from this style, and I end up feeling like crap/stressed out after my session which sometimes the crappy feeling last 1-2 days. -Though for ego purposes, I may run some of my myofibrillar/nerumuscular protocols every now and then, right now my life in general isn't that busy so I have loads of time, if I were compressed with how much time I have everyday, i'd prolly stick to this style of training. Though I hate taking days off...lol

-HIIT cardio (atleast 2x a week, no more than 3) (I feel this cardio is ideal for body recomposition, here ill list the benefits of HIIT cardio)(below)
#Insulin Sensitivity enhanced
#Metabolism ramped up anywhere from 20-48 hours
#GH secretion enhanced
#Sleep enhanced (deeper, GH secretion much greater)
#Overall hormonal benefit (protein synthesis, insulin sensitivty enhancement is huge, as bodybuilders we want to make our bodies as "receptive" to nutrients as possible)

*Other Notes
-I eat white carbs because they do not cause any digestive issues with me, plus going through stressfull physical activity on a daily basis via weight training or high intensity cardio I do not have to worry about being "insulin resistant" or any fat gains from simply eating white carbs. I feel low GI carbs are great for your typical American that doesn't do any kind of stressful physical activity, plus adding in protein/fats to your higher GI carbs will drastically lower the GI anyways, as bodybuilders we want the nutrients ready to go within 1-2 hours after digestion, not 5-10 hours!!! Yikes!......Oh and if your eating foods that tamper with your digestion(bloating,discomfort) your just creating excess inflammation in your body which will result in a higher cortisol output than if you were to eat foods that don't tamper with your digestion.

Its go time! The Glycobol Log was great... can't wait to see how this one comes along... ITS GROWING TIME!!!!!!!!

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's a lot of carbs. I rarely break half that even when bulking.

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
500-700 carbs woozers
Love me some high carbs, keeps my thyroid/metabolism ramped up not to mention keeps my muscles full! Honestly 600-700 is sorta pushing it lol, most of my days are right around 500.

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Good time to throw some more Glycobol and ALA in there :)
Making your body receptive to nutrients(more insulin sensitive) is the best thing a bodybuilder / athlete can do. Grow time!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Right now heres some of my keys to constant muscle growth.....

*Be instinctive! If a muscle recovers faster than usual, don't wait another 3-4 days just because thats what your "schedule" says.....HIT IT AGAIN! (when the muscle is recovered its.....well its recovered!....it can either maintentence or atrophy, im not a genetic freak, even having the right amount of fuel/supps my muscles atrophy if I wait too long to hit it again) (kinda hard breaking out of that mindset of "sticking to schedule"....but its so worth it, its almost like muscle growth is sitting right there on the table....will you grab it and take it now? or just leave it there?...)
*Looking out for signs of my CNS burning out
*Always add 5 or more pounds to my main exercises every single session, shortening up my rest periods, upping the volume slightly, tempo varried
*Between working sets....STRETCH the targeted muscle and sip on a BCAA/cell volumizer/Carb to maximize the pump and speed up the recovery process

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
subbed, I think you'll like Stoked. It's a good product.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Right now heres some of my keys to constant muscle growth.....

*Between working sets....STRETCH the targeted muscle and sip on a BCAA/cell volumizer/Carb to maximize the pump and speed up the recovery process
I'd say Recover Pro as your BCAA of choice :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't recall the last time I had 500g in carbs in a day

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Quads 4/14/12

-Leg Extensions 2x10-12
-Barbell Squats 2x12-15
-Leg Press (one leg at a time) 2x10-12
-Leg Extensions 1x50 (via drops.....BRUTAL) + Brutal Stretching + Carb/cell volumizer/anabolic coktail = MASSIVE PUMP

*Notes*
-Went lighter in order to make sure my quads are doing 100 percent of the work, still placing pr's
-Best quad pump ive ever experienced.....one of those "extremely tight" pumps.....
-2 stoked caps empty stomach pre workout

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Swtiched up my delt training today based on reading your log... wanted to switch it up to higher reps and not kill the weight this time
The massive pumps feel better huh? I love training heavy, but I that pump/intensity from the higher reps really satisfies me.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
The massive pumps feel better huh? I love training heavy, but I that pump/intensity from the higher reps really satisfies me.
I love the burn it causes... each rep I think... Tear that muscle down... tear it down!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Tried hgh pro last night by opening up the capsules, for some reason it takes my body hours just to break down those capsules if I dont take them with food. And man.....hgh pro made me feel so calm / clear minded!! Love it!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Looks like today will be a well deserved rest day.

Quads are pretty damn sore!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
*Update*
-Just weighed in at 220?!!? Awesome! My goal was actually to get around 220 without any additional/excess fat gain!.....Yeah but in early May!! Just days into my calories in absolute full force, balls out training, perfect supplement protocol for bulking and I dominated that goal!! Heres a little run down on my current offseason(below)
*March 5 Begin at 205 pounds
*March 25 Around 211-213
*March 25-April 4th Maintenance (had to deal with some life issues)
*April 15 Up to 220 pounds (221.8 if you want to count my weight when im fully hydrated :) )

-Gota keep dem arms vascular and have visible abs! Most people's "bulking" term is to gain muscle but they also tell themselves "its ok" to gain excess fat.....not for me, my bulking term is strictly building muscle.
-Grow time!
-Like I said this is the period when my gains sky rocket, im even surprised of my weight increase!

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
*Update*
-Just weighed in at 220?!!? Awesome! My goal was actually to get around 220 without any additional/excess fat gain!.....Yeah but in early May!! Just days into my calories in absolute full force, balls out training, perfect supplement protocol for bulking and I dominated that goal!! Heres a little run down on my current offseason(below)
*March 25 Around 211-213
*April 15 Up to 220 pounds (221.8 if you want to count my weight when im fully hydrated :) )

-Gota keep dem arms vascular and have visible abs! Most people's "bulking" term is to gain muscle but they also tell themselves "its ok" to gain excess fat.....not for me, my bulking term is strictly building muscle.
-Grow time!
-Like I said this is the period when my gains sky rocket, im even surprised of my weight increase!
What's the diet looking like?

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
What's the diet looking like?
Honestly, me and my family are living on a budget so I don't get too fancy with my nutrition. Just the basics, for protein its eggs/beef/various fish/milk/cottage cheese, for carbs pretty much any gluten free source, the ones that digest good for me are white rice/red/white potatoes/gluten free pasta/fruits, and for my fat sources alot of fish oil and peanut butter! Meal frequency usually is determined on what time I get up and what time I go to bed, but its usually 4, mainly because of digestion issues, if I cram all my calories into 3 meals, its too hard for me to digest those super huge meals, and I dont like eating 5-8 small meals a day because theirs no significant benefit for it rather than a small increase in metabolism.

I would do more of a "nutrient timing" diet, which if I could afford it I would love to, right now im just abolustely POUNDING the basics.

ALOT of carbs my friend!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Honestly, me and my family are living on a budget so I don't get too fancy with my nutrition. Just the basics, for protein its eggs/beef/various fish/milk/cottage cheese, for carbs pretty much any gluten free source, the ones that digest good for me are white rice/red/white potatoes/gluten free pasta/fruits, and for my fat sources alot of fish oil and peanut butter! Meal frequency usually is determined on what time I get up and what time I go to bed, but its usually 4, mainly because of digestion issues, if I cram all my calories into 3 meals, its too hard for me to digest those super huge meals, and I dont like eating 5-8 small meals a day because theirs no significant benefit for it rather than a small increase in metabolism.

I would do more of a "nutrient timing" diet, which if I could afford it I would love to, right now im just abolustely POUNDING the basics.

ALOT of carbs my friend!

Whatever it takes man! I can understand the budget thing. My wife wants a second kid so I've been busting it to get debt free first!

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
The reason I ask is because I'm moving into my own place soon and am trying to get a feel on what people think of as basics when it comes to diet.

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
4/16/12 Delts (rear delts/traps on back day)

-Seated Machine Press 2x12 (less strain on rotator cuffs than a free weight heavy barbell/dumbbell press)
-Dumbbell Upright Rows 3x10-12
-Behind Back Cable Side Laterals 3x10-12 (DO NOT GO HEAVY ON THIS! ROTATOR CUFF STRAIN IS HIGH ON THIS EXERCISE!)
-Standing Dumbbell Military Press 2x10-12

Calves-
Seated Calf Raise 2x10-20
One Leg Straight Leg Calf Raise 2x8-20

*Notes*
-Even though I went light, those behind back laterals literally strained my rotator cuffs wayy too much, if I do those in the future, ill stick to 20-30 reps on those
-Tried out a machine press that I never really done before, really good feel, minimal stress on rotator cuffs, feel it right in the mid/front delts, though if I do this exercise again, ill stick with 15-20 reps. Still trying to find a good pressing exercise for my delts without too much rotator cuff strain.
-Pump was great until my rotator's got strained , will most likely stick with a machine/barbell/dumbbell press, wide upright rows, regular side laterals next time. Though I hate using super heavy weight on my seated barbell/dumbbells presses lol.
-Time to move on, back day is 2morrow.

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
The reason I ask is because I'm moving into my own place soon and am trying to get a feel on what people think of as basics when it comes to diet.
Really just stay consistent with the basic foods, don't be afraid of eating alot of carbs.

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Son of a *****! My left rotator cuff is like about to die....lol...screaming to me saying.....STOP USING A FULL RANGE OF MOTION, BEHIND BACK LATERALS, OVER STRETCHING THE BOTTOM PORTION OF A PRESS YOU SON OF A *****!!!!

Okay rotator's....ill listen to ya.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
*Update*
*March 25 Around 211-213

-Grow time!
220! BAM

Keep it up

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Son of a *****! My left rotator cuff is like about to die....lol...screaming to me saying.....STOP USING A FULL RANGE OF MOTION, BEHIND BACK LATERALS, OVER STRETCHING THE BOTTOM PORTION OF A PRESS YOU SON OF A *****!!!!

Okay rotator's....ill listen to ya.
I got a similar issue some months ago when I regularly used to do behind the back shoulder presses with barbells...

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
I know im so Stoked about it!!

Gota thank you and AI Nutrition again for this opportunity / support!

My pleasure! You are doing the hard work... I want to see you maximize your efforts :)

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Back 4/17/12

-Narrow Pulldowns
-Wide Grip Barbell Rows

*Notes*
-Tried to do deadlifts and barbell rows at the beginning of my workout, my lower back said F U!
-Constant stretch and contraction around that 10 rep range is key for me and my hypertrophy goals!
-Did about 2 sets to failure for each exercise
-Nothing exciting today, I really went by feel, im sure I set PR's, the stretch and pump is my focus every workout
-Opening up 2 stoked cap's and taking it pre workout on empty stomach
-Grow time!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Giving Stoked a run soon, so I'm liking that this is treating you well!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Giving Stoked a run soon, so I'm liking that this is treating you well!
My life has been a little stressful for the last month or so, so my sex drive kinda got pummeled......ever since taking Stoked.....lets just say waking up really describes my screen name! lol!

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
Back 4/17/12

-Narrow Pulldowns
-Wide Grip Barbell Rows

*Notes*
-Tried to do deadlifts and barbell rows at the beginning of my workout, my lower back said F U!
-Constant stretch and contraction around that 10 rep range is key for me and my hypertrophy goals!
-Did about 2 sets to failure for each exercise
-Nothing exciting today, I really went by feel, im sure I set PR's, the stretch and pump is my focus every workout
-Opening up 2 stoked cap's and taking it pre workout on empty stomach
-Grow time!
dosent wide grip barbellrows feel odd? I mean like doing a wide grip, it feels more on shoulder sockets or delts...

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
dosent wide grip barbellrows feel odd? I mean like doing a wide grip, it feels more on shoulder sockets or delts...
If you go all the way to your gut you may have your rear delts dominate the movement, I row the bar down until I feel my lats stretch then go up until I feel my lats contract and immediately back down, range of motion is very very short, its kept in the stretched(bottom) position.

zubda345

zubda345

Awards
  • Established
If you go all the way to your gut you may have your rear delts dominate the movement, I row the bar down until I feel my lats stretch then go up until I feel my lats contract and immediately back down, range of motion is very very short, its kept in the stretched(bottom) position.
Yeah glad to know that you know that... I was just makin sure that you are doing it right :p hahaha

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
My life has been a little stressful for the last month or so, so my sex drive kinda got pummeled......ever since taking Stoked.....lets just say waking up really describes my screen name! lol!
Follow this log if you want some good advice... TheHardOne knows what he is talking about

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Been really busy for the past couple of days, stay tuned folks!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Ughhh ran into another freakin roadblock.....

-My killer mindset needs to be tamed....I keep training too frequently / too many sets to failure.....I know what I have to do every session, but once I get in that "zone" I end up overdoing things.....
-Shrinked....
-Alright, time to tame my "killer mindset".......this is going to be hard.....pulling back during my training is extremely difficult for me....
-Was sick for a couple days
-Surprisingly.....Stoked has revamped my sex drive....YAY!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
4/20/12 High Intensity Cardio Session

-Basketball
-Sprints
-Love it!