Taman heading for summer with PES/USP/Finaflex

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Special thanks to the great folks of USP Labs, PES and Finaflex for this opportunity. Am looking to get the leanest I have been in years heading into the summer while still maintaining and hopefully increasing strength and mass.

I will be dosing USP labs' Compound 20 (2 caps 2x/day, Prime (2 caps 3x/day), PES' Erase Pro (1 cap am) and Finaflex Pro Xanathine at 1 cap 2x/day . Also in the mix will be USP Labs Modern BCAA (8/1/1 Ration) chugged with 2-3 scoops of Jack3d to pre-work out. I will also be ingesting another 12-18 grams of RecoverPro (4/1/1) intra workout.

As to diet, I will be running Lean Gains/Intermittent Fasting Protocols with target of 2700 or under cals on lifting days (usually run about 2550) and under 2200 cals on burn days (usually about 1900 in reality.) Feed window is usually 12-8 but will vary according to my schedule and where I am on protein intake.

I had been running a 5/3/1 variation for damn near a year and started not only stagnating, but even losing ground on some lifts. Tomorrow will be day one of a 5x5 program provided to me by our own Copycat (Thanks bro, HIGH FIVE :) ) Should look a little something like this:

Perform the exercises as straight sets, completing all the prescribed sets for one move before going on to the next. Pay attention to the percentages of your 1RM assigned to each 5x5 lift. They will increase each week. If your 1RM is 300 lbs, a set that calls for 65% of it will be done at 195 lbs. The loads will increase as follows:

Wk 1: 65% of 1RM
Wk 2: 75% of 1RM
Wk 3: 85% of 1RM
Wk 4: 60% of 1RM... Reduce the sets on the remaining exercises to two each.
Wk 5: Add 5 lbs to upper-body lifts and 10 lbs to lower-body lifts, and begin the cycle again at 65%.

Lifts...

Day 1:
Squat 5x5
Power Clean 5x5

Split Squat 3x6 (each leg) (or alternative)

Hanging Leg Raise 3x As many as possible

Day 2:
Bench Press 5x5
Dips 3x As many as possible
Bent Over Row 3x8-12
Pull-ups 3x As many as possible
Side Bends 3x8-12 (each side)

Day 3:
Deadlift 5x5
Front Squat 3x8-12 (I actually ended up doing this 5x5 more often so I could keep pace w/ Pwr Cleans)
Back Raise 3x8-12
Planks 5x10 sec hold (tense all muscles as hard as possible, increase hold as feasible)

Day 4:
Overhead Press 5x5
Incline DB Press 3x8-12
Tate Press 3x8-12
One-arm DB Row 3x8-12 (each side)
Hammer Curl 3x8-12

About 2 months ago, I started working on getting deeper on my squat, so I dropped a lot of weight from what I was doing. I will also be working in some stretch work provided by a super dude to help in this endeavor (you know who you are :kiss: )

Anyways, here are my staring training max's for the big 5 (Squat, Power Cleans, Deads, Bench, Standing OH BB Press {full ROM, no cheap **** here}

Back Squat - 350

Power Cleans - 205 (basically guess work, figured I could handle 5x5 at 135 for week one)

Deads - 380 (Had hit 400x2 in January, has been going down hill ever since)

Bench - 270

OH BB Press - 205

I will also do cardio in the form of stationary bikes or real bike riding anywhere from 3-5 times a week, anywhere from 25-45 minutes.

Some starting points: Yesterday I was 261 with a 40 inch waist, 41 at the navel. Took a cheat day today (Which with IF, I don't feel a need to do very often)

Starting pics:

4-7 back.jpg
4-7 front double bi.jpg

Let's do this!

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
Good looking log

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
In bro

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have a great run!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow you have come a long way dude, now I can see you are extremely large boned so you are always going to be a big boy...you can see that you're taking shape though.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good looking log
Have a great run!
Welcome aboard gents!

Wow you have come a long way dude, now I can see you are extremely large boned so you are always going to be a big boy...you can see that you're taking shape though.
Yeah, baring HIV or cancer, I will always be a "big boy". I have also resolved that that does not mean I have to be a "fat boy."

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome aboard gents!

Yeah, baring HIV or cancer, I will always be a "big boy". I have also resolved that that does not mean I have to be a "fat boy."
Yah, it's hard to the bigger boned guy to get the look of a bodybuilder but there is no reason you can't be lean and look great... My son is like you so I am familar with the body type.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was day 1 of the new 5x5 program. Overall it went well. more details top follow.
5:40-6:30 Week 1 (65%)

Squat 5x5 At 225 (getting better depth here)

Power Clean 5x5 @135 (went well, we'll see what happens in the weeks to come)

Split Squat 3x6 (each leg) (or alternative) For these, I did 2 reps with left foot with 30's, then dropped to 20's and then figured out I just need to work on getting the form down for now. This is not an easy move at 260. Will have to keep working at it til the mind-muscle link is grooved in.

Hanging Leg Raise 3 sets (20/15/15)

Despite the fact that this was a fairly light day, the intensity was good and I was sweating my ass off. Gotta love that.

Fed from 12-8. 2509 cals (119 carbs, 222 protein [plus 34 g bcaa], 130 fats) with an estimated burn of 3950.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang you have made some big changes. Super proud to follow along and see you kill it.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Yeah right on to the next! I'm in bro.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I'm in bud....

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woots. more of muh bro's in da house!

4/10/12 Day 2, wk1 (65%)
5:10-5:50

Bench 5x5@175

Dip (Body weight) 10/10/9

BO Row (been about a year since I did these.) 185x8/10/10

Assisted Pull Up (Estimated BW+clothes of 265 - 65 =200) 7/8/7

Side Bends 3x10 (did not go real heavy here, my sides are thick enough as it is)

Finished it off with 32 minutes of cardio for 239 cals.

Fed from a little before 12 till 8.2633 cals (197 carbs, 220 protein [plus 32g bcaa], 114 fats) with an estimated burn of 4100.

Not sure if it is the C20 or the Pro X, but I am sweating like a beast dripping very quickly into the work outs. I love that. I do have an almost sick (like I am fighting something off) about 1-2 hours after taking the stack, it passes fairly quickly, likely just adopting to the sups on an empty stomach with coffee.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
The original Pro-Xanthine made me sweat something fierce bro and that was at only one cap a day (its so damn strong!) Im not sure if Finaflex changed the formulation or just the name and label, but that may be the culprit. Solid training as well...welcome back to the bent over row...I am a big fan makes my whole back light up like X-Mas.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was sweating like a pig last night too, and I was wondering about that as it was not overly warm in the gym or anything...

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Up on it early for some pre-work cardio on my burn day. 30 minutes, hills, 200 cals.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/12/12 Day 3, wk 1 (65%)
4:50-5:40 Started with some deep calf stretching and hip flexor stretches (after a bit of cardio of course)

Deads 5x5@245

Front Squat (did these to the low end of a decline bench just to have a depth marker, these things take some getting used to.)
135x8/10, 155x10

Back Raise/Hyper Extensions 3x12 w/65#db

Planks 5x15 second hold

Full ROM DB Shrugs @100's 15/15/8(started losing my grip)

Opted for some whirlpool time instead of cardio, that's cool, gonna hit it tomorrow morning, lift after work.

Dietary for today:2652 cals (186 carbs, 218 protein [plus 40g bcaa], 117 fats) with an estimated burn of 4000. Fed from 12-8.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Beast mode on those shrugs...that's some fuggin weight there! I like the stretching, I'm gonna have to spend more time on that myself...I am wound pretty damn tight especially in the calves and hams.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beast mode on those shrugs...that's some fuggin weight there! I like the stretching, I'm gonna have to spend more time on that myself...I am wound pretty damn tight especially in the calves and hams.
Thanks, BDCC clued me in on the deep calf stretches to help me achieve better depth on my squat. I basically do 5x20 second stretches at the bottom with progressively heaver weight on both seated and standing calf raise machines then a hip flexor stretch where I stand facing out at the side of a bench, bend one leg up and place the top of my foot on the bench then lower myself till the knee of that back leg hits the ground, arch my back to lean back bit and hold it for 20-30 secs, repeat for other leg.

As promised, AM cardio, Random Hills 30 minutes, 215 cals.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
As promised, AM cardio, Random Hills 30 minutes, 215 cals.
AM cardio is the sht... Do you eat breakfast before cardio or take BCAA's or protein?

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Subbed, sorry I missed it for so long bro!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, sorry I missed it for so long bro!

It's cool my man, not like I advertised it.

Broke fast a little before 12:00

Iron: Day 4, wk 1 (65%)
4:40-5:40 (Started with some light RC work)

Standing OH BB Press: 5x5 @135

Incline DB Press : 75'sx 10/10, 85's X7

Tate Press (had to feel my way around these a bit)
25x12, 30x12, 35'sx12 (Gonna start at 35's and bump to 40's next week)

BO DB Row (been a while for these, was very pleased grunting these ouT!)
90x12/12, 95x10/10, 100x10/10 (Rawr lol)

Cross Body Hammer Curls 30x12/12, 35'sx8/8, 8/8

Cable Crunch 3x25@200

Finished the burn with 8x60/30 HIIT Cycles with the coasting part at 8/20 max resist70 RPM, Intense portions at 11/20 max resist, 95+ RPM. 135 cals.

Dietary: 2688 (181 carbs, 225 protein [plus 52g bcaa], 126 fats) with an estimated burn of 4300.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am super in!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How is the Pro X for you, I love the smooth stim ...all day long for me...

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Smooth here too, just a moderate increase in alertness, no jitters or anxiety.
Yeah PX is pretty awesome. Got a sample the other day. I think I'll break it open tomorrow.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday I was lazy as heck, 1988 cals 190 protein. Today has too has been quiet, but did get to mow and get in a relatively short ride with my 9 year old before the storms rolled in, about 16 minutes but much of that was against a strong wind with the storm coming in. I tell him to get dad a good cardio workout so he goes all that much harder, little does he know my main goal is to get him out and active!

Just into day 7 of this stuff and I noted Friday (day 5) that I am beginning to see veins pop out on my shin's which is hard to grasp because I have relatively hairy legs. Also noted yesterday that the brachial (?) artery on my left arm is starting to pop in the crook of my elbow. The right one is generally observable but the left on tends to hide.

On a side note, take 1 scoop Fruit Punch Modern BCAA and mix with one scoop of a certain 4/1/1 Lemon Flavored BCAA and about 18oz water allow to dissolve for a bit and then place in freezer to you get a partial freeze, at that point, shake till you have a slushy. Taste is awesome!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/16/12 Day 1, wk 2 (75%)
5:30-6:25 (Started with 6 minute bike warm up, deep calf and hip flexor stretches)

Back Squat (Getting closer to para) 5x5 @265

Power Clean (Meant to hit 5x5@155 but it became apparent very quickly that I had overestimated my max on these)
3 reps at 155, dropped weight to 140 5/5/5/5

Split Squat Set 1 8 reps with no weight, sets 2 and 3 did the bavarian variety (top of rear foot on bench) with a single 20 dangled in the middle, and my free hand adding some stablizing help 6/6, 6/6

Hanging Leg Raise 25/20/15

Fed from 12 to a bit before 8, 2748 cals (204 carbs, 230 protean {plus 40 g bcaa}, 109 fats) with an estimated burn of just under 4000.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Great updates, loving the BCAA slushy! I must try this!!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/17/12 Day 2, wk 2 (75%)
4:45-5:45

Flat BB Bench 5x5 @205 ( Have been really focusing on keeping my scapula tucked and my elbows in tight. Learning to "Spread the Bar" has been a big help in this)

Dip 12/11/6

BO BB Row 195x10/10/10

Assisted Pull Up 205 estimated resistance 8/8/8

Close Grip Bench - 155x12, 165x10/8

Side bends 3x12per side

Finished with 30 minutes cardio, 208 cals.

Fed from 12:30 to a bit after 8 tonight. 2505 cals (176 carbs, 218 protein [plus 40 BCAA], 106 fats) with an estimated burn of 4200.

I have been wrapping my right wrist the last two work outs and it is starting to heal.

Continue to pour sweat once I get working and am loving that. Also, noted that I have a significant increase in body hair for what that is worth. Libido is also on the rise. The PX could be more affective as an appetite suppressant but that is a secondary consideration for me.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Lol at the hair. When Im cycling PHs or using DAA my hair grows so much quicker as well as finger and toe nails. It's crazy as hell. I guess it's a good sign that the compounds are working.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/17/12 Day 2, wk 2 (75%)
4:45-5:45

Flat BB Bench 5x5 @205 ( Have been really focusing on keeping my scapula tucked and my elbows in tight. Learning to "Spread the Bar" has been a big help in this)

Dip 12/11/6

BO BB Row 195x10/10/10

Assisted Pull Up 205 estimated resistance 8/8/8

Close Grip Bench - 155x12, 165x10/8

Side bends 3x12per side

Finished with 30 minutes cardio, 208 cals.

Fed from 12:30 to a bit after 8 tonight. 2505 cals (176 carbs, 218 protein [plus 40 BCAA], 106 fats) with an estimated burn of 4200.

I have been wrapping my right wrist the last two work outs and it is starting to heal.

Continue to pour sweat once I get working and am loving that. Also, noted that I have a significant increase in body hair for what that is worth. Libido is also on the rise. The PX could be more affective as an appetite suppressant but that is a secondary consideration for me.
I find that it's role as an appetite suppressant increased over time but it is limited to about 8 hours whcih is great for lean gains but on burn days I could take another at around 2pm to finish off the day... no reason whatsoever for a second pill on workout days..

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok fella's I got a confession to make. I woke up about 2:15 last night and gave in to a food craving, ate some homemade chocolate cake /sadface.jpg for Penance, I will do am cardio tomorrow.

4/19/12 Day 3, wk 2 (75%)
Started with some 6 minute warm up and deep calf stretching.

Deads 5x5 @285

Front Squat (Still kind of building my confidence on these, am getting to just below parallel squating down to low end of decline bench)
155x10, 165x8/10

Back Raise/Extension @75x12/12/10

Barebell Shrug
275x12/12, 225x15 (Wanted to mke sur I was getting full ROM, I was)

Planks 5 sets w/30 sec hold/30 sec rest between sets.

Fed from a bit after 12-9 (did not get home till 8)

Dietary: 2669 cals (178 carbs, 238 protein {plus 28 g BCAA}, 110 fats) with an estimated burn of 4100.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Takes balls to be honest about caving on the cravings. No worries broseph you're human, and sh!t happens. The good thing is you know what you have to do to get the ball rolling again...kill that cardio!! For some reason I wanted some damn Taco Bell today...it just popped in my head...need Taco Bell LOL. Thankfully I didn't give in I would have been so pissed at myself later...and even more pissed because we have like five authentic Mexican restaurants in town!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Takes balls to be honest about caving on the cravings. No worries broseph you're human, and sh!t happens. The good thing is you know what you have to do to get the ball rolling again...kill that cardio!! For some reason I wanted some damn Taco Bell today...it just popped in my head...need Taco Bell LOL. Thankfully I didn't give in I would have been so pissed at myself later...and even more pissed because we have like five authentic Mexican restaurants in town!

Real Mexican and you are craving "The generic smell of Taco Bell"? That is TWISTED! LOL. You can always order steak or chicken fajita, skip the chips and salsa and just eat the meat, peppers and onion mix!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Real Mexican and you are craving "The generic smell of Taco Bell"? That is TWISTED! LOL. You can always order steak or chicken fajita, skip the chips and salsa and just eat the meat, peppers and onion mix!
HA! I know right?! It's like I'm pregnant or something hahaha!! Yeah man we have some good Mexican joints, and I usually do just as you said. The poor non-English speaking waitresses always get confused lol. Oh and the chips...like receiving water torture...having to watch everybody stuff their pie holes while I'm gripping the seat trying to keep my meat paws out of the basket haha!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok fella's I got a confession to make. I woke up about 2:15 last night and gave in to a food craving, ate some homemade chocolate cake /sadface.jpg for Penance, I will do am cardio tomorrow.

4/19/12 Day 3, wk 2 (75%)
Started with some 6 minute warm up and deep calf stretching.

Deads 5x5 @285

Front Squat (Still kind of building my confidence on these, am getting to just below parallel squating down to low end of decline bench)
155x10, 165x8/10

Back Raise/Extension @75x12/12/10

Barebell Shrug
275x12/12, 225x15 (Wanted to mke sur I was getting full ROM, I was)

Planks 5 sets w/30 sec hold/30 sec rest between sets.

Fed from a bit after 12-9 (did not get home till 8)

Dietary: 2669 cals (178 carbs, 238 protein {plus 28 g BCAA}, 110 fats) with an estimated burn of 4100.
You may not be eating enough on workout days, if you get too hungry it's hard to control cravings... another thing you can do is have foods handy that won't do so much damage if you indulge. Hunger is a sign of anabolism and if you are very hungry you should eat, it's what you eat that becomes important in this case. The best thing to do though is to avoid being very hungry by eating enough after your workouts. This gets you buy most of the problem but it's hard to predict sometimes... I don't think big guys should be going below 3000 cals on training days if they are using nutrient cycling...

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You may not be eating enough on workout days, if you get too hungry it's hard to control cravings... another thing you can do is have foods handy that won't do so much damage if you indulge. Hunger is a sign of anabolism and if you are very hungry you should eat, it's what you eat that becomes important in this case. The best thing to do though is to avoid being very hungry by eating enough after your workouts. This gets you buy most of the problem but it's hard to predict sometimes... I don't think big guys should be going below 3000 cals on training days if they are using nutrient cycling...
Thanks for the input DW.

Change of plans, have to pick up the little guy at 6:00 from Baseball practice, so instead of AM cardio, we did AM weights. Still gonna not break fast till around 12:00, running on about 30g bcaa, thinking that will prevent any catabolic concerns. Gonna hit the cardio for a bit after work. Not sure if it was the early morning thing or that my tank was empty, but 155 5x5 for standing OH BB Press felt a lot heavier than it should have, yet I kicked ass on DB Rows, details later.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, so here is how it went today. Woke up around 5:30, said may as well roll out and hit the weight room. Poured the coffee, took the sups and meds and rolled out on 3 scoops of Jac3d an 6g BCAA.

Day 4, wk 2 (75%) Started with some light RC work nad full ROM Warmup sets)
7:35-8:30

Standing OH BB Press 5x5 @155 (Maybe it was the morning thing, but this felt heavier than it should have)

Incline DB Press @75's 12/12/9

Tate Press 35x12, 40x9/8

BO DB Row 100x12/12, 120x6/6 (grip issues) 120x8/8 (Very freaking happy here!)

Cross Body Hammer Curl 35x12/12 twice, 40x8/8 (Still hurt the elbow but getting better)

Hit the shower and went to work Broke fast at 12:25, shut it off at 8:00.

After work hit 35 minutes of Random Hills - 274 cals.

Dietary for today: 2723 cals (194 carbs, 239 protein [plus 52g bcaa], 113 fats) with an estimated burn of 4260.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/23/12 Day 1, wk3 (85%)
5:45 - 6:40 (Started with about 6 minute cardio warm up and deep calf stretching.

Back Squat 5x5 @300 (Still getting deeper but not quite para yet)

Power Clean 5x5 @145

Still struggling with technique on split squats: Set 1 Bulgarian style with a single 35, free hand on bench for balance, 8/8, Tried regular split squat w/10's 8/8(still did not feel right), went back to the Bulgarian style with a 25, 8/8

Leg Raise 25/20/15.

Broke fast at a bit after noon, shut it down at about 8:00. 2632 cals, (179 carbs, 223 protein [plus 34g bcaa], 119 fats) with an estimated burn of 4050.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/24/12 Day 2, wk 3 (85%)
5:15-6:20 (started with a light cardio warm up and some RC work)

Bench 5x5@230 (hit all reps)

Dip 6/8/7

BO DB Row @200 10/10/10

Assisted Pull up (265 bw+clothes-55)=210 8/8/8

Close Grip Bench 170x10/10, 180x8 (15 pound jump from last week, very happy with this.)

Side bends 3x12 each side

Wrapped things up with 25 minutes of Random Hills, 180 cals.

Fed from 12:30-8:15 2729 cals (111 carbs, 240 protein [plus 40g bcaa], 145 fats) estimated burn of 4250.

As noted, I am seeing some increase in STR and digging it. I also noted this morning that veins were popping out all over my lower legs and ankle. Not sure if it is in some part a lighting thing as I turned on the light to take photo and they were still there but not as impressive.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Nice! Im always excited when the veins show up! Ive never really been to vascular in my legs, but Im hoping to see some when I bridge into Epi-V...we shall see.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! Im always excited when the veins show up! Ive never really been to vascular in my legs, but Im hoping to see some when I bridge into Epi-V...we shall see.

Got me a killer PH Stack run planned for after this man, Epi, Stano 200, Ageforce DHEA patch. Gonna be killer.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Got me a killer PH Stack run planned for after this man, Epi, Stano 200, Ageforce DHEA patch. Gonna be killer.
Sounds Money Baby!! With the work you've been putting in it should be an excellent run...looking forward to following!

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds Money Baby!! With the work you've been putting in it should be an excellent run...looking forward to following!
Thanks Green, not sure I am gonna log it but will let you know if I do!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/23/12 Day 1, wk3 (85%)
5:45 - 6:40 (Started with about 6 minute cardio warm up and deep calf stretching.

Back Squat 5x5 @300 (Still getting deeper but not quite para yet)

Power Clean 5x5 @145

Still struggling with technique on split squats: Set 1 Bulgarian style with a single 35, free hand on bench for balance, 8/8, Tried regular split squat w/10's 8/8(still did not feel right), went back to the Bulgarian style with a 25, 8/8

Leg Raise 25/20/15.

Broke fast at a bit after noon, shut it down at about 8:00. 2632 cals, (179 carbs, 223 protein [plus 34g bcaa], 119 fats) with an estimated burn of 4050.
It took me awhile to get used to split squats. Now I've got a spot on the floor where I always do them and recognize marks or what not that I can use as land marks to place my feet so they are always in the same position. And I use kettle bells to hold on to one in each hand.