MidwestBeast's USPLabs Compound 20 + PES Erase Pro Log (Sponsored)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to thank both Jacob and USP, as well as natty and PES, for putting together the awesome promo that they did. I was lucky enough to be chosen and I was going to log out of courtesy to them, anyway, and things just came together that I began this stack, yesterday.

For the past year, I've really only been using staples, and some general health supplements, but really nothing performance related. Aside from the C20 and Erase Pro, my current supplement list is:

- T4 and T3 (prescription)
- CL Orange Triad
- 2g EPA/DHA Fish oil
- 15,000IU Vitamin D (OTC, but for low levels)
- 1 baby aspirin
- creatine monohydrate

On lifting days, I'm using:

- Nimbus Sugar Free BodyGuard (intra-workout)
- Muscle Replenisher (post workout)

And I'm following intermittent fasting, so I usually take a small dose of BCAAs in the morning and sometimes before bed, if I stay up pretty late. This works well for me with my work schedule, but largely because of the thyroid medication needing to be at least an hour away from food and needing to be even further away from calcium to keep absorption at a higher percentage.

For those that know me, you know that I've been going through some medical issues for about the last 2 years that are still not entirely clear. I do have Hashimoto's thyroiditis (an autoimmune disorder) that has caused hypothyroidism. I also have had high cortisol (at least at one point in time) and continually elevated levels of prolactin. Because of all of this, I stopped using most supplements for the past year. I tried the hCG diet for about 2 weeks and started gaining weight (about a pound a day) near the end of it at only 500 kcal/day, while still working out. Anyway, I still don't know everything and everything is still not right. However, I have managed to lose a couple pounds in the past couple weeks and that's what led me to go ahead and try this stack (as I've been waiting to have everything fixed before touching supplements, again).

I very carefully monitor what I eat (I eat around 1400 kcal on non-lifting days and around 2200 on most lifting days with an increase to about 2800 on 1 or 2 lifting days (clean) in an attempt to keep my metabolism up) and monitor my weight, too. I won't be very open about it, here, as it's still very hard for me to come to terms with from what I once was. However, while I won't be adding photos or talking specific numbers, I will mention gains and losses and also know that I still track that stuff for myself; I just don't post it.

If you want to know more about any of that, feel free to check this thread out:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/184369-midwestbeast-case-mysterious.html

As for my weight-training, I train a 2 week, 5x/week split. One week is Max-OT training (check out AST's site for info) and the next is what I call a high intensity week (usually 4x12 on about 3-5 lifts/muscle group, with 60 seconds rest between sets and 120 seconds rest when changing lifts). My split is:

Arms
Legs
Delts/Traps
OFF
Chest
Back
OFF

I just started playing basketball, again, last week. We only play one night a week at the church. So, one of my "off" days will be basketball. I'll be adding more cardio in, too. I also have some imbalances, so on my back and traps work, I do a lot of isolation work at higher reps.

That should sum things up nicely for now. Today is Day 2 for both products; hoping they can shine through.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Taggin along.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed. Wish you a great run!

d1sc1ple

Awards
subbed

is that 2g of fish oil or of the actual epa/dha? If it's just fish oil or caps go with at least 4g but preferably 6g... unless it interferes with your medical issues of course my man. Regardless I am interested in the results.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to have everyone in.

subbed

is that 2g of fish oil or of the actual epa/dha? If it's just fish oil or caps go with at least 4g but preferably 6g... unless it interferes with your medical issues of course my man. Regardless I am interested in the results.
It's the actual EPA/DHA values. I take 6 caps/day. I don't believe EFAs have any real problem with my particular issues, but I've just seen no reason to go higher, because I've read about higher dosing being able to lead to problems, too.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to have everyone in.

It's the actual EPA/DHA values. I take 6 caps/day. I don't believe EFAs have any real problem with my particular issues, but I've just seen no reason to go higher, because I've read about higher dosing being able to lead to problems, too.
Yeah I've read 3g of combined EPA/DHA is as high as you would want to go (1-3g being beneficial)...good luck with the log. I'll be following.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In this...What are the goals for this run: Recomp or overall fatloss?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In this...What are the goals for this run: Recomp or overall fatloss?
Really just fat loss. I'm obviously trying to focus on keeping as much muscle as I can (being fat sucks; being fat without any muscle would be unbearable for me). My arms and legs are the two groups that appear the smallest in relation to everything else, so when I "spike" cals (I use that term loosely, as I should be able to eat significantly more for my age/height/weight/activity level and 2800 cals really isn't that much), I try to do it on those two lifting days, so if it is enough for gains, the gains are made on those days.

But I'm definitely not trying to walk a tightrope on the caloric intake/expenditure in an attempt to add more muscle while I'm losing. My back is honestly too wide/thick as it is and while I'm too selfish to want to lose any of that, I really don't want to gain any more mass.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IN!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I guess I'll join in for this run.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks to all the rest who have joined.

There is nothing to report, as of yet. Today is Day 3. My weight has been stable the last 3 mornings. Yesterday turned into an off day and was a low cal day (only 2 12.5oz cans of chicken, some peas, almonds and a protein shake consumed; didn't get a tally of the cals, but ~200g protein and minimal in everything else).

Today, I will be hitting Max-OT sessions for both chest and back. I wanted the off day and I also wanted to shift my split so it fell with Tuesday being an official "off" day, so I could dedicate it to basketball and not try any more nonsense of lifting and then going to play.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, tonight I squeezed in a Max-OT chest session and a back session (modified), too. It was a decent workout, but not what I was hoping for. My numbers dropped a tad on chest (incline bench down a bit on reps and scaled weight back by 10 on regular bench). However, I almost always have great workouts with increases in weight or reps, so I can't be too mad. I focused on isolation work for the back, to help with the imbalance: solo wide lat pulldowns on the cables with the rings and solo seated row work.

Today was a long day at work, so I'm happy I was able to bang this out as well as I did. Back felt ridiculously wide and pumped when I was done.

Tomorrow evening, I will be playing basketball and it will be an "off" day, so calories and carbs will be very low.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4

+ 1.6 lbs from start/yesterday

I'm not going to lose any sleep over that, but it's certainly mind-boggling and somewhat angering, considering I had an hour and a half workout (2 workouts combined), last night and barely ate (~1200 cals/170g protein for the first part of my feeding window and then just some rotisserie chicken and about 75g carbs for dinner; no post-workout shake).

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never put much into weight going 2 lbs one way or another. Mine can fluctuate up to 4 lbs from day to day just based off carb intake and water retention.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I never put much into weight going 2 lbs one way or another. Mine can fluctuate up to 4 lbs from day to day just based off carb intake and water retention.
I agree with Rick.

I actually look more bloated eating a moderate amount than when I go overboard on purpose.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, like I said, I'm not putting much stock into it yet, but I'm noting it because of how little I ate. Today I'm eating virtually nothing. I just know that my body clearly isn't average in terms of what it does. So if it keeps going up with little calories, I'll be perplexed (though not surprised).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sadly not much to report in the realm of scale or mirror changes (medical problem isn't better; just some false hope, it seems). However, one thing that I can say is I worked out arms for an hour on Saturday. I had a nice high intensity workout with little rest time and yesterday (2 days later), I had a ridiculous arm pump all day long at work and hadn't really eaten that much or anything in the way of carbs, either.

I'll be keeping an eye on this with other muscle groups and days after workouts.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I thought I'd share. Unfortunately I'm not seeing the aesthetic changes that most are (since it appears that the old endocrine system still isn't up to snuff; blood work in a week, hopefully), but I had a pretty crazy workout, today. My gym has been shut down for coming up on 10 days. I had to work out of town, today, and hit a gym there. I combined my chest and back workouts. The chest workout started off kind of rough. It was high intensity and short rest. I started off on DB Incline and did well, but regular bench (on Smith, because this place didn't actually have a bench press...) suffered a bit. Cable flys went well and then once I started hitting back (isolation work on lat pulldowns and seated rows), I just could NOT get tired. I was sweating like crazy, but I could have stayed there all day. Felt blown up by the time I left.

Really noticed the difference in endurance.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the candid review! I'm keeping my eyes on this one.

I don't even waste my time reading logs run by Reps or posts by "most" company Reps as they've become a total JOKE anymore.

Thanks MB

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the candid review! I'm keeping my eyes on this one.

I don't even waste my time reading logs run by Reps or posts by "most" company Reps as they've become a total JOKE anymore.

Thanks MB
A lot of guys seem to be having great results from this stack and I'm very envious, haha. Like I said, I was thinking I was out of the woods on my medical situation, but it seems not. That said, I'm still seeing some very nice endurance and pump results from this stack.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
A lot of guys seem to be having great results from this stack and I'm very envious, haha. Like I said, I was thinking I was out of the woods on my medical situation, but it seems not. That said, I'm still seeing some very nice endurance and pump results from this stack.
Medical situation looking up or not?
Oh & your not a rep/mod anymore?

:confused:

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya. Sorry man :(

PS: Erase (the orinial not Erase Pro) all by itself is a SOLID product (I'm on it).

So, not sure you or anyone for that matter would be able to distinguish/discern WHICH supplement can be attributed to which benefit, ya know?

Let's say you lose 2 pounds of fat and gain 2 pounds of muscle.

BOTH products (PER THEIR CLAIMS and PROPOSED MOA) have the ability to impart these SOLO.

Ya know?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Medical situation looking up or not?
Oh & your not a rep/mod anymore?

:confused:
Medical situation is just at a standstill at the moment, unfortunately. I've got an appointment set up for a week from tomorrow and hopefully I'll get a slew of blood work done and possibly a colonoscopy (the word "hopefully" is used very loosely in conjunction with that part...ugh).

And on AM I am a mega mod. However as for being a rep, I don't need to do that on here, anymore.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear ya. Sorry man :(

PS: Erase (the orinial not Erase Pro) all by itself is a SOLID product (I'm on it).

So, not sure you or anyone for that matter would be able to distinguish/discern WHICH supplement can be attributed to which benefit, ya know?

Let's say you lose 2 pounds of fat and gain 2 pounds of muscle.

BOTH products (PER THEIR CLAIMS and PROPOSED MOA) have the ability to impart these SOLO.

Ya know?
Oh for sure. That biggest problem is that that is largely diet dependent. So, someone could gain 8 lbs on a fat burner if they really wanted to lol. Even if you measure bf% and weight, it's still something that could be skewed. That's why I put so much stock in trustworthy companies. There are certain companies that you just know wouldn't bone you.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh heck yeah! You just described me! I can eat with the best of 'em LOL :p

Appetitie is SICK. If I were a coke head, I'd still be chunky.

Dexaprine was GREAT but I still had to be "in conmtrol".

Im obsessed with food. It flat out owns me.

You hit the nail on the head with trustworthy companies!

PES has slowly becoem one of them.

Under-hype + Over-produce.

Too often the supp companies do the polar opposite.

Good luck with the rest of your run ;)

Oh for sure. That biggest problem is that that is largely diet dependent. So, someone could gain 8 lbs on a fat burner if they really wanted to lol. Even if you measure bf% and weight, it's still something that could be skewed. That's why I put so much stock in trustworthy companies. There are certain companies that you just know wouldn't bone you.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How's the results?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How's the results?
Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything more than what I've already mentioned. It's a shame, because others' results make me uber jealous of knowing what the product can actually do.

I just had a bunch of blood drawn for labs, yesterday and will have the same thing done next week and the following week (I had so many tests requested that my doc suggested I break it up so I don't die lol). Appointment with the doctor for the colonoscopy is set up on May 23rd, too.

One thing I can say with confidence, though, is that this stack gives some pretty intense/insane pumps beyond the workouts. That's pretty fun for me, considering it's a natural product.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Going to let us know your thoughts on the product or did you just stop taking the products?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going to let us know your thoughts on the product or did you just stop taking the products?
Ah, thanks for the bump, buddy.

I actually ran both of these all the way through for the 4 weeks. I didn't draft up a final review, because unfortunately, I didn't have anything else to report (outside of what I already had). The Hashimoto's (and whatever else may be going on) is apparently more overtaking than I'd hoped. Like I previously said, though, the day-after pump effects were pretty fun. I'll be giving these (along with a ton of other stuff...ugh) a run at some point in the future, again, once this finally is resolved.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah, thanks for the bump, buddy.

I actually ran both of these all the way through for the 4 weeks. I didn't draft up a final review, because unfortunately, I didn't have anything else to report (outside of what I already had). The Hashimoto's (and whatever else may be going on) is apparently more overtaking than I'd hoped. Like I previously said, though, the day-after pump effects were pretty fun. I'll be giving these (along with a ton of other stuff...ugh) a run at some point in the future, again, once this finally is resolved.
clean and informative log. Just the way it should be :D

I'll be running C20 in August. ;) Thanks bro!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thans for your honest reporting buddy ;)

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything more than what I've already mentioned. It's a shame, because others' results make me uber jealous of knowing what the product can actually do.

I just had a bunch of blood drawn for labs, yesterday and will have the same thing done next week and the following week (I had so many tests requested that my doc suggested I break it up so I don't die lol). Appointment with the doctor for the colonoscopy is set up on May 23rd, too.

One thing I can say with confidence, though, is that this stack gives some pretty intense/insane pumps beyond the workouts. That's pretty fun for me, considering it's a natural product.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup

With zero misrepresentation of the facts aka overhyped pimping!

clean and informative log. Just the way it should be :D

I'll be running C20 in August. ;) Thanks bro!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not yet.

Still waiting for "convincing" posters to post up.

Example; If someone respectable (and with no company affiliation, no free products so no obvious hidden agenda) like MidWestBeast woud have had positive results AND had only been on C-20, I'd give it a go.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Not yet.

Still waiting for "convincing" posters to post up.

Example; If someone respectable (and with no company affiliation, no free products so no obvious hidden agenda) like MidWestBeast woud have had positive results AND had only been on C-20, I'd give it a go.
Gotcha

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought trappmann was bad lol think we found his cousin..

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MidwestBeast>Trappman....ANyday!!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MidwestBeast>Trappman....ANyday!!!!
My one-arm bumbell curls are lacking a bit from his, but I did get googly eyes tattooed on my traps.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My one-arm bumbell curls are lacking a bit from his, but I did get googly eyes tattooed on my traps.
Haha classic, I was actually talking about how annoying it is to have feedback from the c20 heckler... We all know MWB has been struggling with supplementation due to his medical issues so it is kind of harsh to judge a product off of the results here. No offense meant to you at all MWB.