Putting Carbs in Their Place with SLIN

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. You're a cop?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    You're a cop?
    lol, that's all you got out of my posts! I was for 7 years until recently. Got tired of babysitting and am going into PT.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
    •   
       


  3. Today was pretty good. I helped out at our church with our easter breakfast activity. I ended up helping cook pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, sausage, eggs, and juice. I was prepared though. I ate a chicken breast and spinach before I got there and so it was too bad. I stuck with my diet. No room for cheating for me.

    I did an hour of cardio today and some legs. Didn't do a whole lot as I didn't have the energy or strength for it. I did get to meet up with my posing coach and did another full session. That was helpful.

    I had some carbs this morning as well, in the form of fruit. Had my slinshot with it. Seems to be working well so far.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  4. So how was your Easter?

    Got some questions for ya I've asked other loggers....


    What's the lowest amount of carbs you have used with how many caps of SLINshot?
    -Like I'm asking if you ever took 1 cap with let's say 20g of carbs?
    Any SLINshot w/liquid carbs (shakes?)
    -What are general feelings about using SLINshot in general?
    -What's been your highest amount of carbs and how many caps of SLINshot did you use?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    So how was your Easter?

    Got some questions for ya I've asked other loggers....


    What's the lowest amount of carbs you have used with how many caps of SLINshot?
    -Like I'm asking if you ever took 1 cap with let's say 20g of carbs?
    Any SLINshot w/liquid carbs (shakes?)
    -What are general feelings about using SLINshot in general?
    -What's been your highest amount of carbs and how many caps of SLINshot did you use?
    good

    dunno, 20 ish?
    no, only when no carbs soon enough
    good
    dunno, 50-60 ish? 2
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
    •   
       


  6. Been really busy lately with school and prepping for this comp. I've been practicing my posing with my posing coach quite a bit these last two weeks. I think I got a really good routine down. I think I'm looking pretty dang lean and think I'm going to have a good showing this Saturday!

    Bit of a week recap:
    Mon: LISS cardio in the morning, posing session in the afternoon for an hour, then later did a full body depletion workout. That was very draining and rough to get through.

    Tues: Cardio in the form of full court basketball. I didn't think I would be able to play much with how depleted (both energy and carbs) that I am but did ok. I did another hour posing practice session.

    Wed (Tuesday): I had to work after school and that was draining enough. I also did another hour of posing with my coach. My neck has been sore and kinked this whole week so after not getting any better I went to my chiropractor today. That helped but it's still sore. I then...went to the store and bought all the delicious snacks, sweets, and cereals that I've been wanting for the last few months. I'm way too close to my competition to even consider cheating but now I have all the delectable and succulent foods at my post competition free-for-all. Oh yeah!

    Sorry no other slinshot updates since I've been carb depleting this week, but come load time and I'm putting it to the full test!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  7. carb loads ftw!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    carb loads ftw!
    That is my favorite time! Coming up soon too.

    BTW, updates will be scare since I will gone this whole weekend for the show and won't be focusing on anything else.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    That is my favorite time! Coming up soon too.

    BTW, updates will be scare since I will gone this whole weekend for the show and won't be focusing on anything else.
    Kill this show james!
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider

  10. Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post
    Kill this show james!
    I'm trying my best!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  11. Haven't had time to see if it's posted anywhere else, how did you do?

  12. This log got away from me. You were probably busy with the show. Either way how did the show go?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  13. Final Review


    The short and sweet of it is that SLINshot is effective. I like dosing two caps with 50+ grams of carbs the best. I prefer taking them about 15 minutes before because if I wait too long I start getting light headed. I used SLINshot the most after my workouts with my post workout meal, when I ate most of my carbs for the day. I felt that it helped shuttle the glycogen to my muscles and filled me out better. I used the crap out of SLINshot when I started my carb load for the show. I ate 50-100 g of carbs every couple hours and always had 2 caps of SLINshot with it.I've used Glycobol and Recompadrol and like them both, however I have to give the advantage to SLINshot from my own personal experiences. Sorry about the delayed final review, after the show I had to catch-up on school work, study for finals, study for my GRE, and then get everything ready to apply to graduate school by the deadline, which I did yesterday. Thanks to Purus for the log and for all those that followed along.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  14. Thanks for putting together a good log for us to follow bro.
    I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
    OG AVENGER

  15. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf
    Final Review

    The short and sweet of it is that SLINshot is effective. I like dosing two caps with 50+ grams of carbs the best. I prefer taking them about 15 minutes before because if I wait too long I start getting light headed. I used SLINshot the most after my workouts with my post workout meal, when I ate most of my carbs for the day. I felt that it helped shuttle the glycogen to my muscles and filled me out better. I used the crap out of SLINshot when I started my carb load for the show. I ate 50-100 g of carbs every couple hours and always had 2 caps of SLINshot with it.I've used Glycobol and Recompadrol and like them both, however I have to give the advantage to SLINshot from my own personal experiences. Sorry about the delayed final review, after the show I had to catch-up on school work, study for finals, study for my GRE, and then get everything ready to apply to graduate school by the deadline, which I did yesterday. Thanks to Purus for the log and for all those that followed along.


    Great review!
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by shdwmsk View Post
    Haven't had time to see if it's posted anywhere else, how did you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    This log got away from me. You were probably busy with the show. Either way how did the show go?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptHowdy5150 View Post
    Thanks for putting together a good log for us to follow bro.
    The show was fun. I was very disappointed in the poor judging but I felt that I did very good. I brought in the best conditioning of my class but unfortunately not the biggest size, even though these same judges last year told me conditioning was more important. Our camera didn't work at the show so the pics I got are really crappy. Eventually I spring for some of the show pics, but they're kinda expensive. Here's one though with me in the middle. I'll post more up on my workout log.

    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  17. That is a major problem I have with BBing. It is so subjective in the judging and they change their minds year to or or even show to show what they "like". A guy I knew did a show recently and was told "Your arms were too big and veiny"......what now???? lol
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    That is a major problem I have with BBing. It is so subjective in the judging and they change their minds year to or or even show to show what they "like". A guy I knew did a show recently and was told "Your arms were too big and veiny"......what now???? lol
    yeah it has me pretty frustrated especially since I was doing better every show and this last one I thought was my best. I'll try a different show later but right now I'm just taking it easy from the strict prep diet and focusing on getting some mass.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. P-Slin: Cast away your empty carbs – check this out!
    By jakellpet in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Log in
Log in