Catching some ZZZ's w/ AI 3Z (semi-sponsored) - Lexagon

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Well to start off thank you Stxnas and the AI Sports team! :) I got my package on Friday (12/23) - early Xmas for me! (sorry it took so long to post - dang'd holidays). I'm super excited to be logging 90 days of 3Z for AI!

Here's what I got:

1 Bottle AI 3Z
Lots of samples (RecoverPro, Maniac, 3Z, HGHpro, Motivate, etc)
AI Lanyard
AI Gym Bag
IMG_20111227_201220.jpg

Background Info:
Stats/Macros
Height: 5'2"
Sex: Female
Starting Weight: 191
Goal Weight: 170 (for now)

Low Carb Days: 1800 cal - 90 carb, 252 prot, 48 fat
High Carb Days: 1800 cal - 225 carb, 158 prot 30 fat

Random Info:

I'm finishing up my last 1.5 weeks of Jamie Eason's LiveFit! It's be an interesting 12 weeks, but I really liked it and it got me into weight lifting, which I now LOVE! :) After that I'll probably be starting New Rules of Lifting for Women (got it for myself as an Xmas gift). At that time I'll have to redo macros and such.

As far as sleep goes, I wake up a lot in the middle of the night. Usually because I'm moving around too much and can't get comfy, so I wake up the next AM exhausted and just blah. I'm at the end of my first bottle of 3Z (that I purchased) and the sleep has been amazing. The next 90 days will be how it continues to help me. Since my body is already adjusted to it.

AI Products in Log:
3Z - sponsored
RecoverPro (lemon & rasp) - non-sp
Maniac (Pink Lemonade/Fruit Punch) - non-sp
Motivate (very rarely)
Agmatine

** Log will officially start on Jan 1st!!! **

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for new years!
:D

I know they're expensive, but a nice bed really makes a huge difference for sleep. I have back issues and was fortunate enough to get a memory foam mattress as a wedding present from my family. It's made a huge difference in sleep quality. I don't feel nearly the aches and pains that I once did.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
I have a nice pillow top in storage. Current bed has a nice foam top and padded cover so it's not too bad. But I understand back issues/sleeping problems. I blame the restlessness on my cats :D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can relate to that, too. My dog must get cold around two in the morning b/c she always tries to get up on the bed around then. Some nights she's more persistent than others, lol.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wow lots of AI Sports logs all over the place

3z is very nice, if you have any questions feel free to ask them or pm me

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Night 1 - Sun Jan 1

3Z - 3 Caps
Slept great last night. Was a little worried that I would wake up feeling drowzy or still sleepy since I didn't get to bed til around 11:30p and I get up between 5:45-6:15a (everyone else is on break so I get to "sleep in"). But I actually felt great, got a solid nights sleep. Woke up just fine ready to get back into a normal routine. No wake-ups during the night, pretty sure I was dead asleep w/in 10 mins of closing my eyes. Feel much better this AM.

Normally I would post the days workout as well, however I haven't worked out since Thurs, so starting tomorrow I will have other products up as well. Had to take a little break this weekend, was feeling funky from Fri-Sun and wanted to make sure I wasn't over-doing it. Feel much better today and ready to hit the gym!!

Happy New Year everyone! :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Mon 1/2/11 - Legs & Back/Abs (circuits)

Barbell Deadlift 3x20 - 80lbs
Bentover Barbell Row 3x20 - 30lbs
Wide-grip Lat Pulldown 3x20 - 60lbs
Hyperextensions 3x20 - 20
Captains Chair 3x20 - 20
Air Bike 3x20 - 20

Barbell Squat 3x20 - 30lbs
Leg Press 3x20 - 130lbs
Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift 3x20 - 80lbs
Calf Press on Leg Press 3x20 - 180(3)

100 Push-up Challenge
21 singles (using bench)

Maniac - 1.5 scoop fruit punch/1 scoop rasp/lemon RecoverPro mmmm! 12-14oz h2o
Agmatine - 2 caps w/ pre
RecoverPro - 1 scoop Rasp/1 scoop Lemon in 24-26oz H2O - intra
Motivate - N/A
3z - 3 caps

3Z - Night 2 - 1/2/11
Took it a little late again, but had about 6.5 hrs of sleep and still woke up fine. Ready to get the day started and overwith as quick as possible ... LOL No grogginess or drowsy feeling. Haven't noticed any crazy dreams yet, I've had some dreams, but nothing I could remember. Still sleeping nice and deep though. I really think it's helped with recovery a good deal as well, it's amazing what a good nights sleep can do!

Felt great to get in a good workout, and since I had the whole afternoon off I figured that a double would be a good way to spend it. These circuits are killer, but not too bad. Made it through the whole workout without missing any reps, which was cool. The gym was ridiculously busy even for an afternoon (although a lot of people get the 2nd off). I can tell that my muscles are getting stronger as things didn't seem quite as hard. Either that or taking those 3 days off really gave me some good rest - either way!! I felt some ok pumps w/ the agmatine today, but I think I'm going to try 4 caps and see what happens.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Tues 1/3 - Chest/Calves

Barbell Bench Press 3x20 - 15x75**, 70, 65
Incline Dumbbell Press 3x20 - 17.5(2), 15
Dumbbell Flyes 3x20 - 15x17.5, 20x15, 20x12.5
Dips 3x20 - 8, 8, 7
Standing Calf Raises 3x20 - 180(2), 200
Calf Press on Leg Press 3x20 - 110, 130(2)

100 Push-Up Challenge - Week 3 Day 1 Lvl 2
12, 17, 13, 13, 17 (using bench)
Didn't do singles, these were bad enough - ouch!

Agmatine - 2 caps AM & 2 caps pre
Motivate - N/A
3z - 3 caps

3Z - Night 3 - 1/3/11
Another great nights sleep, got to bed around 11-11:30, but still woke up feeling great. Ready to start the day. I need to start going to be a little earlier though. Either way slept solid through the night, only woke up once, but the cat jumped on me so I blame her!

Great workout. **PR on bench press of 75, those were HARD, barely got #15 out, but I had to do it. At least I know I'm getting stronger. The rest of the workout was great too. Weights are going up on some things. And I lowered a couple to feel the burn a little better. Esp love the calf burn @ the end! 4 caps of Ag definitely seems to improve pumps. Arms felt nice and full, managed to push some good weight. Tomorrow is arm day, we'll see what happens then

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Wed 1/4 - Arms/Abs

Barbell Curls 3x20 - 30(2), 40(2)
Lying Tricep Press 3x20 - 12.5lbs
DB Alternate Bicep Curl 3x20 - 17.5lbs
Standing DB Tricep Ext 3x20 - 17.5lbs
Bench Dips 3x20 - 9, 8, 8
Jackknife Sit-up 3x20 - 20
Crunches 3x20 - 20

Tricep Pushdown (Rope) 3x15 - 45lbs, 7x60 8x45 (2)

Motivate - N/A
3z - 3 caps

3Z - Night 4 - 1/4/11
Got into bed around 9p - passed out by 10:30p. Woke up this AM so much more refreshed. Woke up once, but its expected when you drink a lot of water! Still felt awake and ready to take on the day. The extra hr of sleep definitely made a difference, don't feel as sleepy now either. Looking forward to another good nights sleep tonight. Getting back on a regular schedule.

Great workout! Pushed my arms pretty hard and definitely feeling those abs. The 30lb ez bar was gone when I went to do my last circuit of curls so I upp'd it to 40 hoping to get out even 12 and I muscled through all 20. Arms felt huge after that, and very tired! Felt the burn on those ropes too .. phew! But gotta love that feeling. The 4 of agmatine are definitely the way to go.
On a side note, both yesterday and today I got a little pre-workout warm up at work. Since we got in new product and we did a lot of box moving and unpacking/setting up. Doesn't happen very often since I have a desk job, but was nice. We have another day of organizing tomorrow too.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Great log, subbed.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
I know I know a little behind!

Day 82 (the final day) - Thurs 1/5 - Shoulders

DB Shoulder Press 3x20 - 17.5lbs
Seated Bent-over Delt Raise 3x20 - 7.5lbs
Front DB Raise 3x20 - 12.5lbs, 7.5(2)
Standing Upright Row 3x20 - 12.5lbs
Calf Press on Leg Press 3x20 - 150, 170(2)
Standing Calf Raise 3x20 - 200lbs

Cardio - 16.5 mins 1.16 mi @ 4.5 speed
Motivate - N/A
3z - 3 caps

3Z - Night 5 - 1/5/11
Got to bed around 11:30 I think, little late, but slept great! No problems at all woke up refreshed and ready for work. Probably helped that I had a great workout too!

Workout went really well. Decided to do some cardio as a farewell to LiveFit - ended up being a great choice. Rocked it pretty good after I switched to a playlist I haven't used in almost 2 yrs. Shoulders were BURNING at the end of the workout, but felt good. Pushed as hard as I could See ya later LiveFit, off for a week!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
3Z - Night 6 - 1/6/11
Got to bed around 11:30p. Went to a last minute pizza/bday party after work. Slept pretty well, except my upper back was in a lot of pain so I woke up a few times to try and settle myself. When I went back to sleep I crashed back out though and was able to sleep til about 9-9:30am probably. Awesomeness!

3Z - Night 7 - 1/7/11
Got to bed around 12:30/1am I think, much later than normal, but we were out running errands all day and kinda felt good to take a break. Fell asleep fine and stayed asleep. Woke up once with back pain, but managed to get comfy and sleep till around 7:30-8am. Damn internal clock. Ready to get the day started though

There won't be any workout updates (unless I do cardio) until Jan 16th probably. I'm taking this week off as a break between LiveFit and NROL4W. So far its been nice to be able to relax and get some stuff done and just rest. Lifes been busy. I'm getting a little antsy though LOL Go figure right :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
3Z - Night 8 - 1/8/11
Got to bed around 11p, which is fine. Took about 1/2 hr or so before falling asleep. Finished up what was on the DVR and then passed out. Woke up at around 5:45a - hopped out of bed got everybody ready to go back to school and climbed back into bed for another hour. Work changed our schedules so everyone starts an hr later so no more rushing in the AM :) YAY! Woke up still ready to hit the day running and haven't been drowsy! :) YAY!

Bulkypinoy61

Bulkypinoy61

Awards
  • Established
3Z - Night 8 - 1/8/11
Got to bed around 11p, which is fine. Took about 1/2 hr or so before falling asleep. Finished up what was on the DVR and then passed out. Woke up at around 5:45a - hopped out of bed got everybody ready to go back to school and climbed back into bed for another hour. Work changed our schedules so everyone starts an hr later so no more rushing in the AM :) YAY! Woke up still ready to hit the day running and haven't been drowsy! :) YAY!
Hooray for awesome sleep at night! :D

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
3Z - Night 9 - 1/9/11
Got to bed around 10:30/11p - took a little longer to fall asleep than usual. I think that has something to do with not working out this week. Got some extra energy laying around. Still slept great and was up and ready to go when the alarm went off. Still sleeping really well and haven't had any random wake-ups. Feels pretty good! :)

3Z - Night 10 - 1/10/11
Got to bed around 10:30/11p, same as last night took a little while to fall asleep. Just wasnt as tired as I usually am. Makes me miss the gym even more, but only a few more days. I'm trying to keep bed time around 10:30/11 on a regular basis that seems to be good for me sleep wise. Although on the weekends I change it up a little, plus I get to sleep in. :) The alarm hasn't bothered me and w/in a few minutes of getting out of bed I'm awake. Still no grogginess! :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3Z - Night 9 - 1/9/11
Got to bed around 10:30/11p - took a little longer to fall asleep than usual. I think that has something to do with not working out this week. Got some extra energy laying around. Still slept great and was up and ready to go when the alarm went off. Still sleeping really well and haven't had any random wake-ups. Feels pretty good! :)

3Z - Night 10 - 1/10/11
Got to bed around 10:30/11p, same as last night took a little while to fall asleep. Just wasnt as tired as I usually am. Makes me miss the gym even more, but only a few more days. I'm trying to keep bed time around 10:30/11 on a regular basis that seems to be good for me sleep wise. Although on the weekends I change it up a little, plus I get to sleep in. :) The alarm hasn't bothered me and w/in a few minutes of getting out of bed I'm awake. Still no grogginess! :)
probaly had to do with not working out, I know when I get a good bit of activity I sleep better. After all of the 3z logs I have been in I seem to think, and I could be wrong, that 3z really helps the most with staying asleep once a person falls asleep making for a deeper, better sleep. (decreasing sleep interuptions) (increasing soundness of sleep)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Sounds about right for me. If I'm already laying in bed it tends to calm me down a lot and make me feel more ready to fall asleep. If I end up getting up to do something, it doesn't make me tired, but I still stay asleep when I do go to bed, it's pretty cool.

A few hours of uninterrupted sleep does great things for the body. :D

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
3Z - Night 11 - 1/11/12
Got to bed around 10:30/11 again. This whole not working out this is making me WIDE awake at night. I can't wait to get back to the gym Sun/Mon I need a good ass kicking :) Seriously! Sleep has still been very deep and unintterupted til the alarm clock in the AM. Able to get up and get going with no problems.

3Z - Night 12 - 1/12/12
Took around 9:30p, finally ready to try and sleep around midnight. I was wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide awake all evening. Tried the whole reading things and nothing. Watched TV for a little while then finally saw the time and hit the sack. Once I fell asleep I was out thankfully. Cat woke me up around 2a, think he saw another cat in his yard .. lmfao But I drifted back to sleep and crashed again. Woke up ready to go, still not tired or groggy despite the lack of sleep.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
I'm still here, alive and using 3z life just caught up with me. I'll update my log when I'm not on my phone lol

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
3Z - Night 13 - 1/13/12
Went to bed kinda late, not sure why we were up, but we were. Probably because it was Friday. Slept pretty well, got to sleep in on Sat which was awesome. Always nice to get a full 8-9 hrs of sleep w/out interruptions. Felt great all day!

3Z - Night 14 - 1/14/12
Could not sleep for the life of me, was up til probably 2am. Not sure what was going on with that. A little stressed out and probably too much built up energy from the day (we were out ALLLLLLLL day!) Once I got to sleep I was out cold, like passed the F out. Slept solid through the night, got about 7-8 hrs sleep.

3Z - Night 15 - 1/15/12
Had trouble sleeping again, but managed to fall asleep around 12-1a. Watched TV for a while to make me tired. Had some caffeine kinda late so I'm guessing that was the issue. Not a huge problem though. Once I fell asleep I was out again. Didn't get woken up at all. Woke up feeling pretty refreshed.

3Z - Night 16 - 1/16/12
Fell asleep around midnight, way too late, but hey that happens. Too much stress in my life. Got up extra early to take care of some things, so I only ended up on 5hrs sleep. I still slept solid and didn't miss the alarm. Wasn't groggy either (good to know!). Hit the day running, got everything done that I needed to thankfully.

3Z - Night 17 - 1/17/12
Finally fell asleep around 10:30p, felt good to get to bed early. Woke up this AM, pretty refreshed and ready to go. Felt a little better. Have some energy, slept clear through the night, no interruptions or anything. Even the cats let me sleep LOL. Can't believe it's been almost a month since starting this log. 3z is definitely there for me! :) I have NO complaints thus far.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Starting New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROL4W)! Excited.

Day 1 - Workout A Week 1 - Mon 1/16/12

A - Squat - 2x15 - 55lbs
B1 - Push-up (superset) - 14, 19 (14, 9, 13) - Finished push-up challenge after supersets
B2 - Seated Row 2x15 - 75lbs (straight bar)
C1 - Step-up (superset) 2x15 - 10lb plate in each hand (15 on each leg)
C2 - Jack-knife Situp 2x15 - 15 (oops should have only been 8)

Maniac - 1.5 scoop fruit punch/1 scoop rasp RecoverPro mmmm! 12-14oz h2o
Agmatine - 4 caps w/ pre
3z - 3 caps (see above for review)

Felt great being back in the gym. I decided to trek the 1.13 miles to the gym from home. It was a great warm-up for my legs and felt good to get some fresh air. Although I no longer wonder why CA has such a bad smog problem ... damn! Pushed it at the gym, was already pumped before I got there. Could feel some great pumps in my legs during squats and a good burn during the step ups. Push-ups are getting a little easier. Yeah I'm still using a bench, but hey progress is progress. Seated row was on par with previous workouts, looking to up that a little on Friday probably.

This new program is going well so far, with my first workout. Looking forward to progressing with this plan for a while. Hoping it's the kick in the azz that I need right now. My week off was much needed and proved that I had pushed myself to the limit to get the results I got. I'm a'ok with that. Now back to "normal" LOL

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3Z - Night 13 - 1/13/12
Went to bed kinda late, not sure why we were up, but we were. Probably because it was Friday. Slept pretty well, got to sleep in on Sat which was awesome. Always nice to get a full 8-9 hrs of sleep w/out interruptions. Felt great all day!

3Z - Night 14 - 1/14/12
Could not sleep for the life of me, was up til probably 2am. Not sure what was going on with that. A little stressed out and probably too much built up energy from the day (we were out ALLLLLLLL day!) Once I got to sleep I was out cold, like passed the F out. Slept solid through the night, got about 7-8 hrs sleep.

3Z - Night 15 - 1/15/12
Had trouble sleeping again, but managed to fall asleep around 12-1a. Watched TV for a while to make me tired. Had some caffeine kinda late so I'm guessing that was the issue. Not a huge problem though. Once I fell asleep I was out again. Didn't get woken up at all. Woke up feeling pretty refreshed.

3Z - Night 16 - 1/16/12
Fell asleep around midnight, way too late, but hey that happens. Too much stress in my life. Got up extra early to take care of some things, so I only ended up on 5hrs sleep. I still slept solid and didn't miss the alarm. Wasn't groggy either (good to know!). Hit the day running, got everything done that I needed to thankfully.

3Z - Night 17 - 1/17/12
Finally fell asleep around 10:30p, felt good to get to bed early. Woke up this AM, pretty refreshed and ready to go. Felt a little better. Have some energy, slept clear through the night, no interruptions or anything. Even the cats let me sleep LOL. Can't believe it's been almost a month since starting this log. 3z is definitely there for me! :) I have NO complaints thus far.
great detail and analysis. Stress is the main thing that affects my sleep, it is rare but that is the only issue.

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
great detail and analysis. Stress is the main thing that affects my sleep, it is rare but that is the only issue.
That's pretty much how I am too. I have to be REALLY stressed for it to bug me. It's all good, been getting back to regular sleep and feeling much better. The gym has helped that a lot. I need something to burn all that extra energy! :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Day 2 - Workout B Week 1 - Tues 1/17/12

A - Deadlift - 2x15 - 100lbs
B1 - DB Shoulder Press (superset) - 17.5lbs
B2 - Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 2x15 - 75, 70
C1 - Lunges (superset) 2x15 - 20lb barbell 15 each leg
C2 - Captains Chair 2x 10 - 10

Maniac - 1.5 scoop fruit punch/1 scoop rasp RecoverPro mmmm! 12-14oz h2o
Agmatine - 2 caps am/2 caps pre
3z - 3 caps

DL's felt good! Still working on my form a little, but once I adjusted I hit it pretty hard. Think 100 is a PR for me (I can't remember). Had to use the "little" bar since all the others were taken (3 benches & 1 squat rack), was crazy busy at the gym, kinda weird. Still managed to pull some good numbers and get through everything ok. Those lunges killed me, already had DOMs from the Squats, the lunges just stretched my legs out and I could definitely feel it. Felt great though :)
Also saw that my fav trainer has a class Wed nights that I like. I might have to work that into this routine somehow.

3Z - Night 18 - 1/18/12
Fell asleep around 11p. Got caught up watching CSI, LOL Slept really well. The gym is definitely helping with the sleeping. I'm exhausted by the time bed rolls around. Great feeling. Even on my off days I still feel more sleepy. Glad I got back to it :) Was dead asleep this AM kinda crazy, but feels good man! :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
3Z - Night 19 - 1/19/12
Another great night of sleep, little less than I had hoped for by hey life happens right? Still sleeping a dead as can be. Waking up w/ a good amount of energy!

3Z - Night 20 - 1/20/12
Stayed up pretty late watching TV and catching up on the DVR. Not bad though, Sat was a sleep in day. Was exhausted, but I also killed it in the gym so to be expected. Got up around 10am Sat (8 hrs sleep) and felt great. Haven't had a bad night with 3Z yet, great experience.

3Z - Night 21 - 1/21/12
Went to bed late again, closer to 2am, not sure why just felt like watching TV and not sleeping LOL. Dang DVR! Still once I fell asleep I was out like a light. Woke up around 7, fell back asleep and got up around 10:30am for good. Wasn't groggy or tired even-though I haven't been getting to bed early. Feels pretty good. Can't believe it's been almost a month already! :)

Will post workout log tomorrow, it's in the car and I don't feel like going to get it ... hehe! :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Day 3 - Workout A Week 2 - Fri 1/20/12

A - Squat - 2x15 - (warm-up 45lbs) 2x65lbs
B1 - Push-up (superset) - 16, 21
B2 - Seated Row 2x15 - 80lbs (straight bar)
C1 - Step-up (superset) 2x15 - 10lb plate in each hand (15 on each leg)
C2 - Prone Jack-knife 2x10 - 12, 10

Great workout. This was the day I got asked if I was training for something. She was a little clueless, but it was nice to be asked. I try to stay as invisible as possible, apparently that's not working. I also used the squat rack for the first time. Made me a little nervous, but I got over it. So much easier than having to clear the bar. 65lbs on the squat was a bit much, my form wasn't so great. So I'm going back down next time. See if I can get my form up there. Workout felt great. Everything else was good. Always a good leg burn too.

Was off Sat/Sun - spent 6+ hrs on Sat playing 360 with my best friend. I miss him. But he lives in DC so it's not like I can just hop in the car for a quick ride. Haven't talked to him in a while either so that was nice. Time flies when you're having fun. Between him in my ear and my gf's side comments spent most of the day laughing. Did a lot of staying up late and a lot of sleeping in. House was pretty quiet, the boy spent Sat/Sun with is godmother (yay!) All in all not a bad weekend and a nice change of pace.

3Z - Night 22 - 1/22/12
Another late-ish night. Got about 5.25 hrs of sleep, wasn't too bad. Woke-up a little tired, but once I was out of bed and moving around I was good. I think breakfast helps w/ the whole wake-up too. Once I get things done and eat I'm usually pretty awake. Still laid back down and relaxed until it was time to get ready for work. :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
So I've decided to change my training a little bit. I'm sticking with NROL4W, but only 2 days a week. There's a class at the gym called Ultimate X that is run by one of my favorite (weight lifting) trainer that I'm going to try out.

Ultimate X
Up for a total body challenge? Then this class is for you! Instructors will use a variety of cardio drills that can include step, kickboxing, calisthenics, cycling and more. Spread out between cardio drills will be challenging strength-training exercises using dumbbells, barbells, balls or just your own body weight. This class is meant to make you SWEAT and have fun while doing it. The variety will keep you from getting bored and the music will get you PUMPED. Come try the Ultimate X workout!

It's an all in one, full body, sweat til you can't stand up anymore. I've taken it in the past at another location and loved it. She's no joke and will kick your butt! Which is why I like her classes. I need that extra kick to get things rolling. I have a mini goal set for middle/end of march to be in my smaller jeans. Plus that I go to see my parents in Vegas the last week of March. I haven't seen them since August, so I'd like to look the best I can and be able to wear some of the clothes I have set aside. Adding this kind of intense work-out to my schedule should help. My week will end up looking something like:

Mon - Workout A
Tues - Off
Wed - Ultimate X
Thurs - Off
Fri - Workout B
Sat - Off
Sun - Off (light cardio?)

Shouldn't hinder my lifting too much and it adds just enough of a change to make it more fun. Now to get my macros under control and I'm good to go. An order of Phenibut and Rasp Ketones are in my future I think. Along with more agmatine - great stuff! :) Sorry about the ramble!

/random thoughts by Lex :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Light cardio? DO IT! My Monday mornings have recently turned into cardio days.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ultimate X sounds like a nice alternative, gonna help drop some BF quickly

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Day 4 - Workout B Week 2 - Mon 1/23/12

A - Deadlift - 2x15 - 75, 85 (worked on form)
B1 - DB Shoulder Press (superset) - 20lbs (yay)
B2 - Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 2x15 - 75lbs
C1 - Lunges (superset) 2x15 - 20lb barbell 15 each leg
C2 - Captains Chair 2x 10 - 15, 12

Maniac - 1.5 scoop pink lemon/1 scoop rasplemon mix RecoverPro mmmm! 16oz h2o
RecoverPro - 2 scoop Rasp/Lemon Mix in 24-26oz H2O - intra
3z - 3 caps

3Z - Night 23 - 1/23/12
Actually fell asleep around 11 last night. Even with gym I managed to get all my "chores" done early and was able to relax for a little while before bed. Watched Castle and then passed out. Woke up to the alarm this AM. Felt much better. That extra hr of sleep really helped. Think the sleep is helping with recovery a little as well.

Gym was great tonight. Dropped the weight on DL's to work on form. Think I managed to improve my form a little. My head was getting too low causing my back to round, got my head up and it all went much better. Everything else was par for the course, lat pulldowns are finally getting there. I've been stuck @75 for a while, but hopefully as I go to less reps I'll be able to pull more weight (15 reps is a lot LOL). Lunges still kill me. Thought I tweaked something, but I stretched it out and did round 2, felt fine. Legs were SORE! Thankfully the gym is slowly but surely emptying out again! LOL Oh and I hit 20's on my DB Shoulder Press, that made me smile. Last couple reps seemed shaky, but I got them up.

Last edited:
Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Ultimate X sounds like a nice alternative, gonna help drop some BF quickly
It's fun and a TOUGH workout. I know how that trainer trains and she's no joke. I could use the extra fat burning as well. Should be a good time w/ a lot of sweat :D

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
3Z - Night 24 - 1/24/12
Took them early, but didn't go to sleep til midnight. Still slept really well. Slept in a little this AM since someone turned off the alarms (not me), but it's all good, got about 6 hrs sleep. Jumped outta bed and still got everything done, I just prefer to not rush it. Either way I've been knocked out at night. I notice sometimes that i'll fall asleep for 1/2-1hr then kinda 1/2 wake up and go back to sleep for the rest of the night. Must be whatever I'm dreaming. I can never remember in the AM. Nothing crazy though.

PS. Got my next bottle in the mail yesterday along with a t-shirt! Awesome! Samples come in handy while I pimp AI to all my friends. Hehe! :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Did the Ultimate X class last night .... OMG ...

30 mins Spin (warmup) - INTENSE!
~200 crunches
~20 pushups
~40 barbell curls on step 360 thing
~40 skullcrushers on ball
~5 mins plank (total) on 45 sec off 15

My legs were DONE after the Spin portion and that was only the first 30 mins. She had some great music playing though so that made it easier and it was a good burn. Felt great! :) Then we moved over to weights. Had about ~25 on the bar I used. They use these things called Step 360's (see below) they are actually pretty cool. Better than Bosu's. And you can hook resistance bands in the grooves (if you are using them). So barbell curls standing on those, about 20 per set. Then 100 crunches, legs holding stability ball in the air. Ummm WTF that shiz hurts! Esp after cycling. Then lay on the ball roll forward (so just your upper back is resting on it) and do skullcrushers 20-30 per set I can't remember. Hold bar straight up in the air and do hip thrusters. Then planks (45 sec on 15 off for 5 mins). Push-ups 20 per set (had to do on knees which I hate cause I still can't do real pushups - usually I use a bench). Plank with feet on ball. Rinse and repeat. I left there thinking, if I don't have DOMs tomorrow I did something wrong. But I had A LOT of fun, sweat A LOT and will definitely go back.

Tried the 1 scoop maniac/2 motivate caps as suggested by Stxnas (I think - sorry if I'm wrong). Worked like a charm. I probably would have died 1/2 way through the Spin portion if not. But I refused to give up and didn't cheat either. I was pretty excited about that. Now if only I could get myself that motivated to do it on my own. LOL

My abs hurt like heck today ... legs aren't too bad, but I'm sure tomorrow they'll hurt since I have to do squats ... LOL

Maniac - 1 scoop fruit punch/1 scoop rasplemon mix RecoverPro mmmm! 16oz h2o
Motivate - 2 caps
3z - 3 caps

3Z - Night 25 - 1/25/12
Took around 9pm, was EXHAUSTED! Freakin class wore me out man! Didn't fall asleep till around 11 though, stupid TV. LOL Slept REALLY well, in fact we both slept through alarm #1, which is fine for me. Got about 6 hrs sleep, got up and got to it. Still feeling really good. The past few nights have had me DEAD asleep all night. :) YAY!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
3Z - Night 26 - 1/26/12
Fell asleep around 11pm, was the best sleep ever. Woke up when the first alarm went off, got everything ready in record time and crawled back into bed for a nice 1.5 hr nap and still woke up ready to go. Apparently I needed the extra sleep. Normally I just chill out and check my phone and stuff. Seems as though I need a solid 6 hrs and my body is ready to get at it again. Glad tonight is Friday, means sleep-in Sat! :) Lovin it!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
3Z - Night 27 - 1/27/12

Another great nights sleep. Nothing new to report, almost at the end of the first bottle. I'll do a month review then. Sleep has been deep and through the night ... Makes me happy!

No gym update today!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I'm loving 3z as well. I am almost out. Going to have to order more coming up when I get paid next. (I give myself an allowance out of every paycheck)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
I'm loving 3z as well. I am almost out. Going to have to order more coming up when I get paid next. (I give myself an allowance out of every paycheck)
Lol me too!

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Day 3 - Workout A Week 3 - Fri 1/27/12

A - Squat - 2x12 - 60lbs
B1 - Push-up (superset) - 25, 12
B2 - Seated Row 2x12 - 80lbs (straight bar)
C1 - Step-up (superset) 2x12 - 15lb db in each hand
C2 - Prone Jack-knife 2x12 - 12, 12

Maniac - 1.5 scoop pink lemon/1 scoop rasplemon mix RecoverPro mmmm! 16oz h2o
3z - 3 caps

Another great workout. Core was still pretty sore from Wed, but I went ahead and busted out a great workout anyway. Needed to get a good burn in. Squat rack was taken so I had to clear for squats, dropped the weights down so I didn't kill myself. Everything else felt great. Incline push-ups are slowly getting better. Just gotta keep at em :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Day 2 - Workout B Week 3 - Sat 1/28/12

A - Deadlift - 2x12 - 95lbs
B1 - DB Shoulder Press (superset) 2x12 - 22.5lbs
B2 - Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 2x12 - 80
C1 - Lunges (superset) 2x15 - 30lb barbell 15 each leg
C2 - Captains Chair 2x 12 - 12

HIIT Cardio: Elliptical - 25 mins 2 mins @ lvl 4 speed 4(ish) 1-1.5 mins @ lvl 5 speed 8-9(ish)

Maniac - N/A
Agmatine - 4 caps pre
RecoverPro - 1 scoop Rasp/1 scoop Lemon in 24-26oz H2O - intra then again later in the day.
3z - 3 caps

First off decided to try some pre SAN samples that I got from Allieninja - great stuff. Tried the Watermelon SAN Launch - tasted great! Was worried that I would get jittery and crash later, but surprisingly I did not. It was actually a nice feeling and I was able to KILL it in the gym. I did sweat a lot more than usual, but that's no biggie.

Good form DL's went UP, DB shoulder are way UP, Lunges UP. Capts Chair and Wide Grip Pulldowns are about the same, but they are getting easier as the time goes on. Even with a sore core and having done Workout A the day before I was able to get everything done with some great numbers. Started feelin those DL's later in the day, took another dose of RecoverPro, hopefully that will help with DOMs for Sunday! :D

3Z - Night 28 - 1/28/12
Definitely needed some sleep tonight. Didn't get to bed too late thankfully. Ran errands all day and spent a lot of the day outside so it was nice to get home and relax. Slept like a baby again, once I actually fall asleep I'm good. Managed to sleep in a little ... didn't get up til 8:30a - felt great! :) Yes I know 8:30 is still early, but it's late compared to 5:30!

3Z - Night 29 - 1/29/12
Last night of 3Z with this bottle (I got jipped ;) ), going to have to crack open my reserve to make sure I get a full 31 days of Jan in! I was contemplating taking a couple nights off, but I value my deep sleep now, I would hate to have a restless night!

Another great night of sleep. Did wake up once, but it wasn't anything bad. Guess I drank a little too much water/RecoverPro pre bed! HAHA! Don't have anything to complain about that's for sure.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you changed your supp routine much to account for the great gains? Or do you think the sleep/recovery is having an impact? Or is it a combo?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good to hear 3z is treating you right.I've been using it for quite awhile and have really enjoyed it

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Have you changed your supp routine much to account for the great gains? Or do you think the sleep/recovery is having an impact? Or is it a combo?
Only thing I have added was the agmatine, so that may account for some of the gains. Other than that I've been doing pretty much the same thing every day. Sleep/Recovery are definitely a huge factor. Even on the hardest of days my DOMs aren't too bad the next day. That's helped a lot. It's probably a combo of all 3 really, and this is the first time I have lifted seriously. I don't think about it too much I go in there and do what I can do! :)

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
Day 7 - Workout A Week 4 - Mon 1/30/12

A - Squat - 2x12 - 60lbs
B1 - Push-up (superset) - 12, 13
B2 - Seated Row 2x12 - 85lbs (straight bar)*
C1 - Step-up (superset) 2x12 - 15lb db in each hand
C2 - Prone Jack-knife 2x12 - 10, 10

Maniac - N/A
RecoverPro - 2 scoop Rasp/Lemon Mix in 24-26oz H2O - intra & at work
3z - 3 caps

Cardio: 20 mins HIIT Elliptical - 2 mins @ lvl 4 speed 4-5 & 1 min @ lvl 6 speed 9-10

Tried SAN Fierce tonight since I had a sample of that as well. Flavor was horrible, almost dumped it for some Maniac, but I wanted to see the results. I definitely had some great focus and energy, which I can imagine is what pushed me through the Elliptical HIIT. Some pretty decent pumps as well, but that could be the ag too.

Workout was great again tonight. Squat rack was taken so I kept to my lower squat weight and just worked on form. I can still feel it pretty good, so I'm not too concerned and I know my form still needs a little work. Everything else pretty much went as planned nothing too new to report. Another great workout.

3Z - Night 30 - 1/30/12
Glad I had that extra 3Z at the house, although I might as well have not taken it. I could not sleep for crap last night. Once I was actually asleep 3Z did it's thing and kept me asleep for a few hours. But GETTING to sleep was a whole other issue. It just didn't happen. I'm thinking honestly it's the SAN, the night before was sorta the same way. That and I have been waking up with raging headaches (NEVER happens). Only thing I have changed is my pre. I'll be back to Maniac on Wed.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Good Job Lexy! :-D It's awesome to see you here and on MFP! I am out of 3z and its on my list of items to order next week!