Catching some ZZZ's w/ AI 3Z (semi-sponsored) - Lexagon

Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

1. Starting New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROL4W)! Excited.

Day 1 - Workout A Week 1 - Mon 1/16/12

A - Squat - 2x15 - 55lbs
    B1 - Push-up (superset) - 14, 19 (14, 9, 13) - Finished push-up challenge after supersets
    B2 - Seated Row 2x15 - 75lbs (straight bar)
    C1 - Step-up (superset) 2x15 - 10lb plate in each hand (15 on each leg)
    C2 - Jack-knife Situp 2x15 - 15 (oops should have only been 8)

Maniac - 1.5 scoop fruit punch/1 scoop rasp RecoverPro mmmm! 12-14oz h2o
    Agmatine - 4 caps w/ pre
    RecoverPro - 1 scoop Rasp/1 scoop Lemon in 24-26oz H2O - intra
    3z - 3 caps (see above for review)

Felt great being back in the gym. I decided to trek the 1.13 miles to the gym from home. It was a great warm-up for my legs and felt good to get some fresh air. Although I no longer wonder why CA has such a bad smog problem ... damn! Pushed it at the gym, was already pumped before I got there. Could feel some great pumps in my legs during squats and a good burn during the step ups. Push-ups are getting a little easier. Yeah I'm still using a bench, but hey progress is progress. Seated row was on par with previous workouts, looking to up that a little on Friday probably.

This new program is going well so far, with my first workout. Looking forward to progressing with this plan for a while. Hoping it's the kick in the azz that I need right now. My week off was much needed and proved that I had pushed myself to the limit to get the results I got. I'm a'ok with that. Now back to "normal" LOL

2. sounds like 3z is def taking care of business
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    3Z - Night 13 - 1/13/12
    Went to bed kinda late, not sure why we were up, but we were. Probably because it was Friday. Slept pretty well, got to sleep in on Sat which was awesome. Always nice to get a full 8-9 hrs of sleep w/out interruptions. Felt great all day!

3Z - Night 14 - 1/14/12
    Could not sleep for the life of me, was up til probably 2am. Not sure what was going on with that. A little stressed out and probably too much built up energy from the day (we were out ALLLLLLLL day!) Once I got to sleep I was out cold, like passed the F out. Slept solid through the night, got about 7-8 hrs sleep.

3Z - Night 15 - 1/15/12
    Had trouble sleeping again, but managed to fall asleep around 12-1a. Watched TV for a while to make me tired. Had some caffeine kinda late so I'm guessing that was the issue. Not a huge problem though. Once I fell asleep I was out again. Didn't get woken up at all. Woke up feeling pretty refreshed.

3Z - Night 16 - 1/16/12
    Fell asleep around midnight, way too late, but hey that happens. Too much stress in my life. Got up extra early to take care of some things, so I only ended up on 5hrs sleep. I still slept solid and didn't miss the alarm. Wasn't groggy either (good to know!). Hit the day running, got everything done that I needed to thankfully.

3Z - Night 17 - 1/17/12
    Finally fell asleep around 10:30p, felt good to get to bed early. Woke up this AM, pretty refreshed and ready to go. Felt a little better. Have some energy, slept clear through the night, no interruptions or anything. Even the cats let me sleep LOL. Can't believe it's been almost a month since starting this log. 3z is definitely there for me! I have NO complaints thus far.
    great detail and analysis. Stress is the main thing that affects my sleep, it is rare but that is the only issue.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

4. Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    great detail and analysis. Stress is the main thing that affects my sleep, it is rare but that is the only issue.
    That's pretty much how I am too. I have to be REALLY stressed for it to bug me. It's all good, been getting back to regular sleep and feeling much better. The gym has helped that a lot. I need something to burn all that extra energy!

5. Day 2 - Workout B Week 1 - Tues 1/17/12

A - Deadlift - 2x15 - 100lbs
    B1 - DB Shoulder Press (superset) - 17.5lbs
    B2 - Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 2x15 - 75, 70
    C1 - Lunges (superset) 2x15 - 20lb barbell 15 each leg
    C2 - Captains Chair 2x 10 - 10

Maniac - 1.5 scoop fruit punch/1 scoop rasp RecoverPro mmmm! 12-14oz h2o
    Agmatine - 2 caps am/2 caps pre
    RecoverPro - 1 scoop Rasp/1 scoop Lemon in 24-26oz H2O - intra
    3z - 3 caps

DL's felt good! Still working on my form a little, but once I adjusted I hit it pretty hard. Think 100 is a PR for me (I can't remember). Had to use the "little" bar since all the others were taken (3 benches & 1 squat rack), was crazy busy at the gym, kinda weird. Still managed to pull some good numbers and get through everything ok. Those lunges killed me, already had DOMs from the Squats, the lunges just stretched my legs out and I could definitely feel it. Felt great though
    Also saw that my fav trainer has a class Wed nights that I like. I might have to work that into this routine somehow.

3Z - Night 18 - 1/18/12
    Fell asleep around 11p. Got caught up watching CSI, LOL Slept really well. The gym is definitely helping with the sleeping. I'm exhausted by the time bed rolls around. Great feeling. Even on my off days I still feel more sleepy. Glad I got back to it Was dead asleep this AM kinda crazy, but feels good man!
    •   

6. 3Z - Night 19 - 1/19/12
    Another great night of sleep, little less than I had hoped for by hey life happens right? Still sleeping a dead as can be. Waking up w/ a good amount of energy!

3Z - Night 20 - 1/20/12
    Stayed up pretty late watching TV and catching up on the DVR. Not bad though, Sat was a sleep in day. Was exhausted, but I also killed it in the gym so to be expected. Got up around 10am Sat (8 hrs sleep) and felt great. Haven't had a bad night with 3Z yet, great experience.

3Z - Night 21 - 1/21/12
    Went to bed late again, closer to 2am, not sure why just felt like watching TV and not sleeping LOL. Dang DVR! Still once I fell asleep I was out like a light. Woke up around 7, fell back asleep and got up around 10:30am for good. Wasn't groggy or tired even-though I haven't been getting to bed early. Feels pretty good. Can't believe it's been almost a month already!

Will post workout log tomorrow, it's in the car and I don't feel like going to get it ... hehe!

7. Day 3 - Workout A Week 2 - Fri 1/20/12

A - Squat - 2x15 - (warm-up 45lbs) 2x65lbs
    B1 - Push-up (superset) - 16, 21
    B2 - Seated Row 2x15 - 80lbs (straight bar)
    C1 - Step-up (superset) 2x15 - 10lb plate in each hand (15 on each leg)
    C2 - Prone Jack-knife 2x10 - 12, 10

Great workout. This was the day I got asked if I was training for something. She was a little clueless, but it was nice to be asked. I try to stay as invisible as possible, apparently that's not working. I also used the squat rack for the first time. Made me a little nervous, but I got over it. So much easier than having to clear the bar. 65lbs on the squat was a bit much, my form wasn't so great. So I'm going back down next time. See if I can get my form up there. Workout felt great. Everything else was good. Always a good leg burn too.

Was off Sat/Sun - spent 6+ hrs on Sat playing 360 with my best friend. I miss him. But he lives in DC so it's not like I can just hop in the car for a quick ride. Haven't talked to him in a while either so that was nice. Time flies when you're having fun. Between him in my ear and my gf's side comments spent most of the day laughing. Did a lot of staying up late and a lot of sleeping in. House was pretty quiet, the boy spent Sat/Sun with is godmother (yay!) All in all not a bad weekend and a nice change of pace.

3Z - Night 22 - 1/22/12
    Another late-ish night. Got about 5.25 hrs of sleep, wasn't too bad. Woke-up a little tired, but once I was out of bed and moving around I was good. I think breakfast helps w/ the whole wake-up too. Once I get things done and eat I'm usually pretty awake. Still laid back down and relaxed until it was time to get ready for work.

8. So I've decided to change my training a little bit. I'm sticking with NROL4W, but only 2 days a week. There's a class at the gym called Ultimate X that is run by one of my favorite (weight lifting) trainer that I'm going to try out.

Ultimate X
    Up for a total body challenge? Then this class is for you! Instructors will use a variety of cardio drills that can include step, kickboxing, calisthenics, cycling and more. Spread out between cardio drills will be challenging strength-training exercises using dumbbells, barbells, balls or just your own body weight. This class is meant to make you SWEAT and have fun while doing it. The variety will keep you from getting bored and the music will get you PUMPED. Come try the Ultimate X workout!

It's an all in one, full body, sweat til you can't stand up anymore. I've taken it in the past at another location and loved it. She's no joke and will kick your butt! Which is why I like her classes. I need that extra kick to get things rolling. I have a mini goal set for middle/end of march to be in my smaller jeans. Plus that I go to see my parents in Vegas the last week of March. I haven't seen them since August, so I'd like to look the best I can and be able to wear some of the clothes I have set aside. Adding this kind of intense work-out to my schedule should help. My week will end up looking something like:

Mon - Workout A
    Tues - Off
    Wed - Ultimate X
    Thurs - Off
    Fri - Workout B
    Sat - Off
    Sun - Off (light cardio?)

Shouldn't hinder my lifting too much and it adds just enough of a change to make it more fun. Now to get my macros under control and I'm good to go. An order of Phenibut and Rasp Ketones are in my future I think. Along with more agmatine - great stuff! Sorry about the ramble!

/random thoughts by Lex

9. Light cardio? DO IT! My Monday mornings have recently turned into cardio days.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

10. Ultimate X sounds like a nice alternative, gonna help drop some BF quickly
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

11. Day 4 - Workout B Week 2 - Mon 1/23/12

A - Deadlift - 2x15 - 75, 85 (worked on form)
    B1 - DB Shoulder Press (superset) - 20lbs (yay)
    B2 - Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 2x15 - 75lbs
    C1 - Lunges (superset) 2x15 - 20lb barbell 15 each leg
    C2 - Captains Chair 2x 10 - 15, 12

Maniac - 1.5 scoop pink lemon/1 scoop rasplemon mix RecoverPro mmmm! 16oz h2o
    RecoverPro - 2 scoop Rasp/Lemon Mix in 24-26oz H2O - intra
    3z - 3 caps

3Z - Night 23 - 1/23/12
    Actually fell asleep around 11 last night. Even with gym I managed to get all my "chores" done early and was able to relax for a little while before bed. Watched Castle and then passed out. Woke up to the alarm this AM. Felt much better. That extra hr of sleep really helped. Think the sleep is helping with recovery a little as well.

Gym was great tonight. Dropped the weight on DL's to work on form. Think I managed to improve my form a little. My head was getting too low causing my back to round, got my head up and it all went much better. Everything else was par for the course, lat pulldowns are finally getting there. I've been stuck @75 for a while, but hopefully as I go to less reps I'll be able to pull more weight (15 reps is a lot LOL). Lunges still kill me. Thought I tweaked something, but I stretched it out and did round 2, felt fine. Legs were SORE! Thankfully the gym is slowly but surely emptying out again! LOL Oh and I hit 20's on my DB Shoulder Press, that made me smile. Last couple reps seemed shaky, but I got them up.
    Last edited by Lexagon; 01-30-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: date change

12. Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    Ultimate X sounds like a nice alternative, gonna help drop some BF quickly
    It's fun and a TOUGH workout. I know how that trainer trains and she's no joke. I could use the extra fat burning as well. Should be a good time w/ a lot of sweat

13. 3Z - Night 24 - 1/24/12
    Took them early, but didn't go to sleep til midnight. Still slept really well. Slept in a little this AM since someone turned off the alarms (not me), but it's all good, got about 6 hrs sleep. Jumped outta bed and still got everything done, I just prefer to not rush it. Either way I've been knocked out at night. I notice sometimes that i'll fall asleep for 1/2-1hr then kinda 1/2 wake up and go back to sleep for the rest of the night. Must be whatever I'm dreaming. I can never remember in the AM. Nothing crazy though.

PS. Got my next bottle in the mail yesterday along with a t-shirt! Awesome! Samples come in handy while I pimp AI to all my friends. Hehe!

14. Did the Ultimate X class last night .... OMG ...

30 mins Spin (warmup) - INTENSE!
    ~200 crunches
    ~20 pushups
    ~40 barbell curls on step 360 thing
    ~40 skullcrushers on ball
    ~5 mins plank (total) on 45 sec off 15

My legs were DONE after the Spin portion and that was only the first 30 mins. She had some great music playing though so that made it easier and it was a good burn. Felt great! Then we moved over to weights. Had about ~25 on the bar I used. They use these things called Step 360's (see below) they are actually pretty cool. Better than Bosu's. And you can hook resistance bands in the grooves (if you are using them). So barbell curls standing on those, about 20 per set. Then 100 crunches, legs holding stability ball in the air. Ummm WTF that shiz hurts! Esp after cycling. Then lay on the ball roll forward (so just your upper back is resting on it) and do skullcrushers 20-30 per set I can't remember. Hold bar straight up in the air and do hip thrusters. Then planks (45 sec on 15 off for 5 mins). Push-ups 20 per set (had to do on knees which I hate cause I still can't do real pushups - usually I use a bench). Plank with feet on ball. Rinse and repeat. I left there thinking, if I don't have DOMs tomorrow I did something wrong. But I had A LOT of fun, sweat A LOT and will definitely go back.

Tried the 1 scoop maniac/2 motivate caps as suggested by Stxnas (I think - sorry if I'm wrong). Worked like a charm. I probably would have died 1/2 way through the Spin portion if not. But I refused to give up and didn't cheat either. I was pretty excited about that. Now if only I could get myself that motivated to do it on my own. LOL

My abs hurt like heck today ... legs aren't too bad, but I'm sure tomorrow they'll hurt since I have to do squats ... LOL

Maniac - 1 scoop fruit punch/1 scoop rasplemon mix RecoverPro mmmm! 16oz h2o
    Motivate - 2 caps
    3z - 3 caps

3Z - Night 25 - 1/25/12
    Took around 9pm, was EXHAUSTED! Freakin class wore me out man! Didn't fall asleep till around 11 though, stupid TV. LOL Slept REALLY well, in fact we both slept through alarm #1, which is fine for me. Got about 6 hrs sleep, got up and got to it. Still feeling really good. The past few nights have had me DEAD asleep all night. YAY!

15. 3Z - Night 26 - 1/26/12
    Fell asleep around 11pm, was the best sleep ever. Woke up when the first alarm went off, got everything ready in record time and crawled back into bed for a nice 1.5 hr nap and still woke up ready to go. Apparently I needed the extra sleep. Normally I just chill out and check my phone and stuff. Seems as though I need a solid 6 hrs and my body is ready to get at it again. Glad tonight is Friday, means sleep-in Sat! Lovin it!

16. 3Z - Night 27 - 1/27/12

Another great nights sleep. Nothing new to report, almost at the end of the first bottle. I'll do a month review then. Sleep has been deep and through the night ... Makes me happy!

No gym update today!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

17. I'm loving 3z as well. I am almost out. Going to have to order more coming up when I get paid next. (I give myself an allowance out of every paycheck)

18. Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc
    I'm loving 3z as well. I am almost out. Going to have to order more coming up when I get paid next. (I give myself an allowance out of every paycheck)
    Lol me too!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

19. Day 3 - Workout A Week 3 - Fri 1/27/12

A - Squat - 2x12 - 60lbs
    B1 - Push-up (superset) - 25, 12
    B2 - Seated Row 2x12 - 80lbs (straight bar)
    C1 - Step-up (superset) 2x12 - 15lb db in each hand
    C2 - Prone Jack-knife 2x12 - 12, 12

Maniac - 1.5 scoop pink lemon/1 scoop rasplemon mix RecoverPro mmmm! 16oz h2o
    3z - 3 caps

Another great workout. Core was still pretty sore from Wed, but I went ahead and busted out a great workout anyway. Needed to get a good burn in. Squat rack was taken so I had to clear for squats, dropped the weights down so I didn't kill myself. Everything else felt great. Incline push-ups are slowly getting better. Just gotta keep at em

20. Day 2 - Workout B Week 3 - Sat 1/28/12

A - Deadlift - 2x12 - 95lbs
    B1 - DB Shoulder Press (superset) 2x12 - 22.5lbs
    B2 - Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 2x12 - 80
    C1 - Lunges (superset) 2x15 - 30lb barbell 15 each leg
    C2 - Captains Chair 2x 12 - 12

HIIT Cardio: Elliptical - 25 mins 2 mins @ lvl 4 speed 4(ish) 1-1.5 mins @ lvl 5 speed 8-9(ish)

Maniac - N/A
    Agmatine - 4 caps pre
    RecoverPro - 1 scoop Rasp/1 scoop Lemon in 24-26oz H2O - intra then again later in the day.
    3z - 3 caps

First off decided to try some pre SAN samples that I got from Allieninja - great stuff. Tried the Watermelon SAN Launch - tasted great! Was worried that I would get jittery and crash later, but surprisingly I did not. It was actually a nice feeling and I was able to KILL it in the gym. I did sweat a lot more than usual, but that's no biggie.

Good form DL's went UP, DB shoulder are way UP, Lunges UP. Capts Chair and Wide Grip Pulldowns are about the same, but they are getting easier as the time goes on. Even with a sore core and having done Workout A the day before I was able to get everything done with some great numbers. Started feelin those DL's later in the day, took another dose of RecoverPro, hopefully that will help with DOMs for Sunday!

3Z - Night 28 - 1/28/12
    Definitely needed some sleep tonight. Didn't get to bed too late thankfully. Ran errands all day and spent a lot of the day outside so it was nice to get home and relax. Slept like a baby again, once I actually fall asleep I'm good. Managed to sleep in a little ... didn't get up til 8:30a - felt great! Yes I know 8:30 is still early, but it's late compared to 5:30!

3Z - Night 29 - 1/29/12
    Last night of 3Z with this bottle (I got jipped ), going to have to crack open my reserve to make sure I get a full 31 days of Jan in! I was contemplating taking a couple nights off, but I value my deep sleep now, I would hate to have a restless night!

Another great night of sleep. Did wake up once, but it wasn't anything bad. Guess I drank a little too much water/RecoverPro pre bed! HAHA! Don't have anything to complain about that's for sure.

21. Have you changed your supp routine much to account for the great gains? Or do you think the sleep/recovery is having an impact? Or is it a combo?
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

22. good to hear 3z is treating you right.I've been using it for quite awhile and have really enjoyed it

23. Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    Have you changed your supp routine much to account for the great gains? Or do you think the sleep/recovery is having an impact? Or is it a combo?
    Only thing I have added was the agmatine, so that may account for some of the gains. Other than that I've been doing pretty much the same thing every day. Sleep/Recovery are definitely a huge factor. Even on the hardest of days my DOMs aren't too bad the next day. That's helped a lot. It's probably a combo of all 3 really, and this is the first time I have lifted seriously. I don't think about it too much I go in there and do what I can do!

24. Day 7 - Workout A Week 4 - Mon 1/30/12

A - Squat - 2x12 - 60lbs
    B1 - Push-up (superset) - 12, 13
    B2 - Seated Row 2x12 - 85lbs (straight bar)*
    C1 - Step-up (superset) 2x12 - 15lb db in each hand
    C2 - Prone Jack-knife 2x12 - 10, 10

Maniac - N/A
    RecoverPro - 2 scoop Rasp/Lemon Mix in 24-26oz H2O - intra & at work
    3z - 3 caps

Cardio: 20 mins HIIT Elliptical - 2 mins @ lvl 4 speed 4-5 & 1 min @ lvl 6 speed 9-10

Tried SAN Fierce tonight since I had a sample of that as well. Flavor was horrible, almost dumped it for some Maniac, but I wanted to see the results. I definitely had some great focus and energy, which I can imagine is what pushed me through the Elliptical HIIT. Some pretty decent pumps as well, but that could be the ag too.

Workout was great again tonight. Squat rack was taken so I kept to my lower squat weight and just worked on form. I can still feel it pretty good, so I'm not too concerned and I know my form still needs a little work. Everything else pretty much went as planned nothing too new to report. Another great workout.

3Z - Night 30 - 1/30/12
    Glad I had that extra 3Z at the house, although I might as well have not taken it. I could not sleep for crap last night. Once I was actually asleep 3Z did it's thing and kept me asleep for a few hours. But GETTING to sleep was a whole other issue. It just didn't happen. I'm thinking honestly it's the SAN, the night before was sorta the same way. That and I have been waking up with raging headaches (NEVER happens). Only thing I have changed is my pre. I'll be back to Maniac on Wed.

25. Good Job Lexy! :-D It's awesome to see you here and on MFP! I am out of 3z and its on my list of items to order next week!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Catching Some Z's w/ AI Sports' 3Z (sponsored)
    By 808rebel in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 02:24 AM
  2. Purus D-Pol PCT log (semi-sponsored)
    By pigpen75 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 08:22 PM
  3. LG STACK - ASGT, AP, BC+EAA, POSTAL!!! (semi-sponsored)
    By gainsvillian in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 11:57 PM
  4. The Swole Stack, Part II (Semi-Sponsored)
    By Bnatural in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 12:40 PM
  5. Replies: 292
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 12:41 PM