Compound 20: Because Curiousity Kills

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Introduction:

Tidings! I started C:20 yesterday and initially was not going to run a long. I'd read enough of the other ones to feel as if they had perhaps already given me an idea of what I should expect from this supplement. Turns out I was wrong. Here I am on day 2 and I took my first serving of the day with my typical morning breakfast: 1 packet of Oatmeal, 1 cup of Oikos Greek Yogurt and two cups of decaffeinated green tea. Within one hour I felt incredibly low on blood sugar and had to scarf half of the emergency protein bar that I keep in my backpack. Three hours later I'm thirsty as all hell and my body literally can't wait to receive another carbohydrate to shuttle it off to some unknown purpose.

My decision to log this product started yesterday afternoon when I took my second dose at 4 with a targeted gym time of 6. I took that dose with an apple. That apple was not enough. I got up from my chair and had the hypo dizzies for a moment. Back to the drawing board, right? Right. I had two more apples. Made my gym date at 6 and had a fantastic workout. Not attributing this to C:20; I always have fantastic workouts.

So here's my log. I'll quickly get up to date and keep it rolling from there. Word, yo!​

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 1:

Novermber 30, 2011

The Daily:

Very typical day. Cold outside. Woke up and took two C:20's with breakfast. Breakfast for me is always the same: 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 cup of Greek Yogurt and 2 cups of green tea. This, literally, never changes. The only thing that may differ is the brand as I travel for a living and, at times, find the local grocery to be without those I'm accustomed to. Worked out at 6 PM. Took my last dose of C:20 at 4 with an apple. This is where things started to get interesting. I immediately went hypo and had to eat two more apples as I didn't have anything else "snack-worthy" and nutritious. Felt better. Hit the gym at 6. Here's the workout.

The Workout:

30 minutes on the stepmill. Interval setting at 15.

Two sets of 50 each situps. Monster setted with two sets of 50 each pushups and two each sets of 10 each pullups.

Two sets of 20 each leg lifts. Monster setted with two sets of planks (held for a minute) followed by two sets of 10 pullups using a different grip.

Knee supported DB Rows ss w/ Medicine Ball Shoulder press and extension. 2 sets.

Lat Pulldowns. 2 sets.

Farmers Walk ss w/ Hammer Curl. 2 sets.

Musings:

Great day overall. Felt strong and looked pretty strong. Felt the impact of C:20 within the second serving. In regard to carb shuttling that is. I can't attribute anything else to it just yet, as my workouts are just about always this good.​

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Additional Background Info

Devember 1, 2011

The Daily Diet:

Breakfast:
Cup of oatmeal
Cup of Greek Yogurt
Two cups green tea

Lunch: I'm currently travelling (In Wyoming...it's surprisingly cool here.) so my lunch time diet is something close to work that is reasonably healthy.
6 inch Turkey and Black Forest Ham while I'm in Wyoming. I may sneak my way over to Chipotle once in a while. God bless that restaurant.

Dinner:
Chicken Pasta using whole grain penne noodles. Tomato sauces if anything. Otherwise it's olive oil and garlic coating. Always with veggies like mushrooms, onions, artichokes, tomatoes, green peppers, etc.
Snacks:
I don't typically snack. If I get a little hungry I grab another cup of green tea.

Other Supplements:

Animal Flex is the only other supplement I take and I take it at dinner after my workout. This and C:20 and nothing else. Period.

The Workouts:

Cardio:

This much almost never changes. The only difference is that I occasionally switch up the cardio machine I use.

Core:

Two sets of 50 each situps. Monster setted with two sets of 50 each pushups and two each sets of 10 each pullups.
Two sets of 20 each leg lifts. Monster setted with two sets of planks (held for a minute) followed by two sets of 10 pullups using a different grip.

From there the weight workouts change daily. I workout 6 times a week with one day being nothing but an hour of cardio. Day 1 - 6 looks like this:
Shoulders
Back
Chest
Legs
All Cardio
Arms
Rest Day
Then it all repeats.

Musings:

I've adapted a lot of my training to finally get HEALTHY. For so long I was lifting and battling small injuries continuously because, as I told myself, I had that "lifters mentality". So stupid. I neglected a lot of core work because I thought that I was doing enough by tightening those muscles during heavy lifts. Not so. I suffered a nasty slew of back injuries due to this neglect this summer. Afterwards, I spent two months doing cardio only as that was all I could do. After two months I was ready to hit the weights again. I realized, however, that I was actually finally 100 percent. For years I had felt like 70 percent was my 100 percent. So when I felt okay I thought that was great. Now I feel great. Very great. I'm keeping it like that. I do lots of core work including my TRX (which goes everywhere I go) that I never consider in my log because I do it when I'm bored and not at the gym. I only do two sets of everything because my joints are terrible. Three sets is too much. Two is just perfect. I keep the weight moderately heavy. Uhhh...I guess thats it.

Conclusion:

I don't have my camera with me. But I do have my cell phone camera. So I'll pull a douchebag and take a pic with the camera in the pic. $#!t. I'll post that soon. I'll be sure to grab my actual camera when I get back home. So there WILL be bonafide after pics. I'll get a weigh in at the gym today, too.
Word, dog.​

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 2:

December 1, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Weights: Chest Day
Flat Bench DB Press. 2 Sets.
Incline Bench DB Press. 2 Sets.
Incline DB Flye. 2 Sets.
Medicine Ball Routine for Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. 4 Sets.

Musings:

As I posted to begin this blog, I felt crazily hypo an hour after my first dose of C:20. To fix that I attempted to take my second, pre-workout dose with an apple, and an additional cup of oatmeal. I left for the gym an hour later and felt hypo again an hour later. I have some tweaking to do. Otherwise, my diet was typical for the day. As an aside, I know when I'm feeling hypo because my eyes move faster than my senses seem to be able to keep up with. In fact, I can actually feel my eyes moving as opposed to how it normally is just something that happens. As well, all of my movements feel like afterthoughts AND if I sit or stand up too fast I get dizzy momentarily.

Had a fantastic workout, though. My gym buddy took a four minute chunk of our workout out as a breathing break. I usually don't take anything more than MAYBE a ten second break between exercises. I don't like to be not moving. It's counterproductive to my enthusiasm to get $#!t done. Felt great and looked big during my workout. Again, that's pretty typical once I get the pump going. I was less out of breath during cardio today than I was yesterday. I know because I got off of the Stepmill and broke into an impromptu dance routine because the song that came on the gym's PA just HAD TO BE Ellie Gouldings Dubstep remix to Lights. I had no problems popping and locking. And $#!t. Too much information. Until tomorrow.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Starting Douchebag-esque Cell Phone Pic:

Commentary:

If it shows up sideways then...so what. The internet does what it wants. If you don't understand that yet then you'll be useless to the Matrix. Duh. I'll post up better, mid-way pics when I get home. Fa Sho, dog!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Not familiar with C:20. Ima look it up. Subbed to learn.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 3:

Devember 2, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:
Treadmill. Ran for 30 minutes. 3.7 miles.

Core:
Two sets of 12 each leg lifts with a 25 pound ball between my knees. Monster setted with two sets of planks (held for a minute) followed by two sets of 10 pullups using a different grip.

Weights: Arms
21's ss w/ 45 Pound plate triceps extension and overhead press combo. 2 sets.
Standing Alternating DB Curls ss/ Close Grip Bench Press. 2 Sets.
Preacher Curl ss w/ Triceps Pushdown on Pulleys. 2 Sets.
Concentration Curl ss w/ Triceps Pulldown on pulleys. 2 Sets.

Musings:
No need for an emergency protein bar break today. I brought an apple to work and downed it when I got that hypo feeling. Worked like a charm. So two in the AM with breakfast and then two more 30 minutes prior to my evening workout with just an apple. Worked out well except I had to DART to the toilet as soon as I finished my run. A bit graphic but it smelled really bad. Like hate crime bad. I'm not sure if C:20 is to blame for either. Otherwise the workout went well.

Meals have been typical. Had a bowl of beef and bean chili for lunch as a slight change-up. Otherwise I'm on my grind, cuzzin!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Not familiar with C:20. Ima look it up. Subbed to learn.
It's a USPLabs Product. Perhaps I should have also included an ingredient panel/etc. I'll do that in a moment. It's their newest one and that's about all I really know about it.

Either way, thanks for joining in and I hope my log provides some information for you.

Be well.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 4:

Devember 3, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Stepmill. Interval Setting on 15. This is murder.

Core:
Two sets of 12 each leg lifts with a 25 pound ball between my knees. Monster setted with two sets of planks (held for a minute) followed by two sets of 10 pullups using a different grip.

Weights: Legs
Squats. 315 x 20. 2 sets.
Deadlifts. 315 x 15. 2 Sets.
Hack Squats. 285 x 20. 2 Sets.
Farmers Walk. 125 lb DB's. 30 steps down 30 steps back. Twice.
Triceps Extension ss w/ Alternating DB Curls. 2 sets.

Musings:

No work today as it's a Saturday so my workout took place in the AM. Took two C:20 capsules with breakfast at 8 and hit the gym at 9. Felt powerful today so I went kaboodles on a lot of the exercises. I was pretty much out of breath the entire time. Finished up strong and looked pretty big with the pump doing its thing.

I finally weighed in at the gym and was 232 with shoes, socks and workout shorts on. I'm a lame. I totally should have gotten a weigh-in earlier. Oh well...day 4 weigh-in ain't too bad.

I look leaner today. All over. It's a slight difference but it was noticeable as soon as I woke up and again as soon as the workout pump kicked in. The outlines of built up musculature were clearly visible and in my arms, the seperation of triceps heads was very prominent. We'll see if this is a continuing trend.

I'm effing pooped by a long week of fantastic workouts. Very ready for my cardio only day tomorrow and my subsequent day off. It will be well deserved.

Peace. And $#!t.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
The stepmill is dreadfull. Wonderful for glutes and hammies when you take a wide step but hell of a cardio workout.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
The stepmill is dreadfull. Wonderful for glutes and hammies when you take a wide step but hell of a cardio workout.
It's a staple of my cardio regimen for all of the above reasons. Whenever I get to the gym I look around at the other equipment and ask myself, "Am I seriously gonna get on that damn stepmill again?" The answer is almost always yes.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Would have named the thread Compound 20: because curiosity sells

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^ lol. Thats the end goal isnt it?

Can you post some information on the product? Like the label, breakdown, etc? I could google it but Im being lazy

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Would have named the thread Compound 20: because curiosity sells
Interchangeable, I'd say. Ha! Of course, the same could be said for almost every supplement aside from those considered staples.

^ lol. Thats the end goal isnt it?

Can you post some information on the product? Like the label, breakdown, etc? I could google it but Im being lazy
Yeap! Here goes... and you would be surprised to learn how difficult information is to find on this. Google didn't help me at all!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Ingredient Panel:

My take:

It's supposed to be a selective Beta-2-Adrenoceptor Agonist. Essentially it's Clen without all of the negative side effects. Effectively,
the beta logs have shown it to be an above average recompositioning agent.

Typical of other USPlabs product, this product too, has some wild ingredients. I was initially interested from the logs and so I gave it a shot.
A few days in and I'm enjoying it so far.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 5:

Devember 4, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Treadmill. One hour at 3 MPH with varying incline.

Core:

None

Weights:

None.

Musings:

As planned, today's workout was all cardio. Tough week of workouts really effected my sleep. Today I finally got some great sleep. Went to bed around 11 last night and woke up around 1030 today. Felt fresh and relaxed but I could feel my body still recovering.

Got up and had my typical breakfast with my first dose of C:20. Worked out about an hour later. The walk felt great. I worked up a great sweat.

Nothing special to report. Uh-huh.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
OK. I get it. Thanks for that as I've never heard of it before. USP has all these products that just fly under the radar.

I did the math on the stepper one time: doing an hour at somewhere between 3-4MPH is like climbing the Empire State Building.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
OK. I get it. Thanks for that as I've never heard of it before. USP has all these products that just fly under the radar.

I did the math on the stepper one time: doing an hour at somewhere between 3-4MPH is like climbing the Empire State Building.

Glad you said that, man. I completely agree with you that a lot of their products fly underneath the radar. That is actually one of the reasons I'm hosting this log here. I looked around a couple of the bigger forums and there wasn't a single mention of the product. However, if you're a member of their cult-like forum, then it would appear as if C:20 is the only product anyone is even paying attention to.

To be completely fair here, novel sports supplement products drive this industry and keep it alive. One companies ingredients and claims make millions for themselves and other companies who eventually figure out a way to use those same ingredients. Glucophase was great but nobody aside from professional bodybuilders (natty's at that) gave two craps about glucose disposal agents (as Vanadyl Sulfate was and is ehhh...) until P-Slin and Anabolic Pump. Nowadays, most bulks aren't complete without them as a means of attempting to put on the most mass without the "bulk" of it being fat.

Saying that, I would be remiss to say that I believe that some of their products deserve to fly underneath the radar. PowerFULL to name one. I can hardly think of any one more expensive and impossibly ineffective product.

On another note: Cool stats on the stepmill thing. I, for some reason, haven't quite figured out the correlation between the levels and the MPH. I can tell you for sure that I do more than 3 miles on level 15 at the interval setting. As told to me by the graphic readout that is.

Peace, man!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 6:

Devember 5, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Weights: Shoulders

Rotator Cuff Warmups on the Pulley. 2 sets.

DB Overhead Press ss w/ Cable Bicep Curl. 2 sets

DB Front Delt Raise ss w/ Medicine Lateral Delt Raise. 2 Sets.

Low Pulley Shoulder Pulls. 2 Sets.

Farmers Walk ss w/ 21's. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Yeap. Boom. Good day today. It was supposed to be an off day but I felt thoroughly rested AND restless. So I woke up this AM and had my typical AM dose with breakfast and chased it with an apple an hour later to stave off those hypo feelings. Took my second dose at 5 with a cup of yogurt. Worked out at 6.

The workout was fantastic. I was tireless the entire time. I moved from exercise to exercise to exercise and just lifted ****. My workout partner looked generally annoyed. I clearly had a strong pump going by the end of my core based warm-up. All of the other exercises served to highlight the pump that I was already enjoying. Truly, I was enjoying it. Because of my tirelessness in the gym today there was a bounce to my step that was typically unusual to my gym meanderings.

That said, I'll say this: My recovery seems to be enhanced as is the pump I traditionally get. Finally, set to set recovery is drastically improved. While I usually do not rest any more than about ten seconds or the time it takes to get to the next apparatus between sets - I usually enjoy that small respite. Today, I didn't need it. I was charged, pumped and ready and eager to move forward the entire time.

C:20? Perhaps. For now I'm enjoying these great workouts. Peace.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 7:

Devember 6, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

30 minutes on the treadmill. 3.2 miles.

Core:

TRX Rollouts. 50. 2 sets.

Weights: Back

Knee supported DB Bent Over Rows ss w/ Medicine ball shoulder throws. 2 sets.
Lat Pulldowns. 2 sets.
Seated Cable Row. 2 Sets.
Shrugs w DB ss w/ Hammer Curls. 2 Sets.

Musings:

What's up, motherfudgepackers. Today was great. Typical dosing of C:20. Only an apple with the second dose as it appears I'm getting used to the product. Yay.

The workout was something else, though. It was literally more than 3 hours ago and I'm still pumped. As I explained yesterday, I am tireless. I was done with my workout and looking around for more things to do. My workout partner, however, looked like he wanted to choke the **** outta me. So we left. I got back to the hotel and ran another 3 miles. Tireless. It's impressive.

The pump was and is significant. It was a back day but my arms were so full of blood during my pullups that it made it hard to do pullups. What's up with that? During my TRX rollouts I was clearly able to see my arms just popping. It was impressive. I had a lady come up to me during my exercise and ask me if I could train her. Apparently she's a dyke BUT, I had to decline because I'm not from here and won't be here long.

Whoa!!! Today was whoa. I'm trying to stay skeptical but hoping for the best. We'll see.

Agression is up, too. Hmmm....

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
good luck on this run bro... im in and following...

I would certainly bump up those cals with the dose to more then an apple if your not getting much by the way of carbs through the day....

I found a couple things through my beta test...

Dosing with something light and simple carb base, (for me a banana, you an apple) you can go hypo pretty easily pretty quickly... (my guess, which im almost certain about knowing what I know, is that the Beta2 receptors in the pancreas that release insulin are getting agonized to a greater amount cause they are already naturally being stimulated with fresh sugars/glucose... normally this happens with clen/ephedrine as well...)

Dosing later in the day after a meal an hour or 2 with NOTHING ELSE will put you in the safe zone and allow your preworkout dose to work some mighty fine magic through your workout.... I tried dosing with a meal preworkout 2.5 hours pre and didnt have as strong of effects as dosing AFTER the meal a couple hours but an hour pre with nothing else... BCAAs are the only thing I consumed before my post workout meal...

I managed to go hypo more then once on purpose determining what was the cause and the ways around it.... you can use it to your benefit as well considering insulin is quite anabolic...

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
How long will you be running c20?

Thirty days. I'm following the dosing protocol listed on the bottle to the letter.

good luck on this run bro... im in and following...

I would certainly bump up those cals with the dose to more then an apple if your not getting much by the way of carbs through the day....

I found a couple things through my beta test...

Dosing with something light and simple carb base, (for me a banana, you an apple) you can go hypo pretty easily pretty quickly... (my guess, which im almost certain about knowing what I know, is that the Beta2 receptors in the pancreas that release insulin are getting agonized to a greater amount cause they are already naturally being stimulated with fresh sugars/glucose... normally this happens with clen/ephedrine as well...)

Dosing later in the day after a meal an hour or 2 with NOTHING ELSE will put you in the safe zone and allow your preworkout dose to work some mighty fine magic through your workout.... I tried dosing with a meal preworkout 2.5 hours pre and didnt have as strong of effects as dosing AFTER the meal a couple hours but an hour pre with nothing else... BCAAs are the only thing I consumed before my post workout meal...

I managed to go hypo more then once on purpose determining what was the cause and the ways around it.... you can use it to your benefit as well considering insulin is quite anabolic...
Thanks for joining in, man. I lurked throughout the course of your beta log and it was essentially one of the ones that made me want to give C:20 a try. So it's good to have your experience in here.

The dosing scheme was at first a tad tricky but I think I have it down now. I will NEVER take C:20 with nothing. Taking it with an apple before my workout was bad enough. I've moved on to consuming a second daily portion of greek yogurt with that pre-workout dosing.

Here's my thing, though, and likely you'll be able to assist me here... The schedule I'm on is only because I'm travelling. When I'm at home I work out in the mornings about an hour after I get up. I eat the same breakfast (oatmeal, greek yogurt, two cups green tea) as I do when I'm on the road. I'm thinking this will be alright to keep me from going hypo first thing in the morning before a big workout. If not, it'll be back to the drawing board again. What do you think?

Thanks, man.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 8:

December 7, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Stepmill. 30 minutes. Interval setting 15.

Core:

TRX Atomic Pushup. 50. 2 sets.

Weights: Chest

Flat Bench DB Press ss w/ Cable Curls. 2 sets.
Incline Bench DB Press ss w/ Hammer Curls. 2 sets.
Incline DB Flye ss w/ DB Kickbacks. 2 Sets.
Close Grip Bench Press. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Sooo... uhh... I'm pulling out the bullhorn today, folks. Dosed everything as I normally would. Hit the gym when I normally would. Worked out as I normally would...but...something crazy happened. I started getting the craziest pump during my core warmup. One I moved on to the rest of my workout I literally had no choice but to follow strict form because my muscles were so laden with blood. By the time I was on to my final exercise, the Close Grip Bench Press, it hurt more to be NOT working out then it did TO BE WORKING OUT. If I was wasn't moving I was hurting. That was how tight and stiff the pump made me.

When I finally got into the car I just had to curl up for a moment to let the pump die down before I could start to drive. No bull****. As I'm typing this - two hours later - my back is still pumped as well as my shoulders. It's impressive. Even more so because this is not a pump product.

Reading through other people's beta logs I was somewhat skeptical as they were almost exclusively hosted on the same site that manufactured the product and given to the logger by that same entity. Their results and their boastings were impressive. I'm starting to feel that they were justified.

Body composition has changed. I'm comparatively leaner around the midsection. It's not significant, however, it's not insignificant AND this is only day 7. I'm hoping this is still just another sign of better things to come!

'Til then.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Your normal breakfast to me sounds adequate to provide a base for a preworkout dose. You shouldn't go hypo there....

The thing I was saying bout dosing on a completely empty stomach would only be done mid day when there is done blood glucose flowing still but I feel its actually worse to dose with something small then to dose with a while meal or nothing at all cause if the accentuated insulin response....

But some other guys couldn't handle empty stomach doses at all cause of other gastrointestinal issues... So if its working as is, let it ride.

ellecoco

Awards
I don't understand, what do you guys mean by hypo?

So what do you suggest then, NOT to take it with food? I have a pre-workout meal the moment I wake up (just something light, like a banana+oats) 30 mins before going to the gym. Does this apply to other beta 2 receptors?

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I don't understand, what do you guys mean by hypo?

So what do you suggest then, NOT to take it with food? I have a pre-workout meal the moment I wake up (just something light, like a banana+oats) 30 mins before going to the gym. Does this apply to other beta 2 receptors?
hypoglycemia... in other words, low blood sugar.

There are Beta 2 adreno receptors in the pancreas as well that with activation stimulate insulin secretion.... Im guessing that taking C20 accentuates this normal body response and helps us to benefit from the anabolic effects of insulin...

I think as for first thing in the morning, fasted dosing... no... I would definitely take it with a meal...

IMO there is a HUGE difference between dosing fasted (as there is low to no circulating blood sugar) and dosing on an empty stomach mid day(as previous meals have provided adequate glycogen stores and likely enough blood glucose/sugar to prevent you from going hypo)

So for first thing in the morning workouts, I would def suggest dosing with your planned meal.....

for those that prefer FTP (fasted training protocol) then other testers found that 1 cap preworkout was not to strong to upset their stomach or cause them to go hypo and still benefited from the dose with the second cap taken with post workout meal and entire second 2 cap dose taken with a later meal.

Hope that is all clear....

ellecoco

Awards
I need to read up more on the science of it all, but I understand where you're getting at. Thanks!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Your normal breakfast to me sounds adequate to provide a base for a preworkout dose. You shouldn't go hypo there....

The thing I was saying bout dosing on a completely empty stomach would only be done mid day when there is done blood glucose flowing still but I feel its actually worse to dose with something small then to dose with a while meal or nothing at all cause if the accentuated insulin response....

But some other guys couldn't handle empty stomach doses at all cause of other gastrointestinal issues... So if its working as is, let it ride.
Yeap. It's working as is so far. I've only every experienced problems with supplements on an empty stomach once and that was with LG Sciences Anadraulic State. I threw up so many times on that stuff that I ended saying uncle in 4 days. Otherwise my stomach is iron. I can handle most things. So far so good on the C:20. Thanks, man.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 9:

December 8, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Treadmill. One hour at 3 MPH with varying incline.

Core:

None

Weights:

None.

Musings:

An anti-fantastic day all around. I worked very hard today and ended up tweaking my back in a small way. Not wanting to jeapordize my health in the long run - I decided instead to do cardio only and hope that my back recovers enough to do good work tomorrow.

Dosing was typical.

I developed a mild pump while working today which is specifically unusual and may have aided in my back tweaking.

For the record, I'm an extremely specialized mechanic. The kind that does not get his hands dirty. I do, however, have to position very heavy pieces of equipment into very tight spaces before assembly. It was during one of these tricky moves that I hurt myself today. Oh well. It happens.

Walking sucked. Can't wait to hit the gym again.

Blah.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards

Day 10:

December 9, 2011

Travel Day:

Musings:

No workout today. I spent the entire day on a plane or waiting to get on a plane. I'm home now, so I'll be sure to post up some better pics during next week. Peace!

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
welcome home bro... time to kill it!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 11:

December 10, 2011
The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

TRX Atomic Pushup. 50. 2 sets.

BB Squat ss w/ DB Deadlifts. 2 Sets.
Hack Squats ss w/ Lying Leg Curl. 2 sets.
Leg Press ss w/ Calf Raises. 2 Sets.
Leg Extensions ss w/ Farmers walk. 2 Sets.

Musings:

My first workout at home and I'm getting my routine with C:20 down. Breakfast was typical except for that I worked out an hour afterwards as opposed to in the evening. No problems!

Another really good workout, here! My legs were stiff with the pump and I worked out and kept moving because, again, it hurt more to not be moving.

I ended up going to my car after my workout only to end up going back inside the gym to walk for 15 minutes to let my legs loosen up. Jeeze!!!

Keeping it moving.​

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 12:

December 11, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Rotator Cuff Warmups on the Pulley. 2 sets.
DB Overhead Press ss w/ Cable Bicep Curl. 2 sets
DB Front Delt Raise ss w/ Medicine Lateral Delt Raise. 2 Sets.
Low Pulley Shoulder Pulls. 2 Sets.
21's ss w/ 45 Plate Push Press 2 Sets.

Musings:

Invariably, shoulder days tend to be my favorite days. I truly do not think that I enjoy workouts more than when I feel my entire upper body stiffen up with the efforts of my lifting.

Today's workout was more back to normal. I did have a good pump, but something felt like it was just about to "pop" and get painful in my right shoulder which is my bad one. So I dialed it back a bit and really focused on the movement and squeezing the working muscles. That seemed to help my shoulder relax a bit.

Made it through the workout sweaty as all hell. A couple of the gym dudes I normally see around here asked me if I was working out more in Wyoming. I suppose that's saying something, right? Right.

Good things.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
always the best when someone else notices your progress bro! I know I feel great!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 13:

December 12, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Ran 4.4 miles. It's loop I've figured out in my neighborhood.

Core:

TRX Session. Twenty minutes with very little rest.

Weights:

None.

Musings:

Had the kiddies all day so I couldn't make it to the gym. I opted instead for a brisk run. At night. In the cold and rain. It felt great!

I got my wind somewhere between the first 2 tenths of a mile and the half-mile point. From there on I was aggressively challenging every hill I came upon. I run this loop a lot when I'm at home so I'm used to it.

I feel like I did it a little faster than normal. I'm not sure, but when my son said, "Back already?" I felt like I had reason to believe I challenged myself. From there I hopped on the TRX and made a mockery of that thing (Just kidding, it's a swell apparatus!).

I had a pump going all over my shoulders and upper back and triceps. Not bad for something that hangs on your door.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 14:

December 13, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Leg Extensions ss w/ DB Deadlifts. 2 Sets.
BB Squats ss w/ Lying Leg Curl. 2 sets.
Leg Press ss w/ Calf Raises. 2 Sets.
Farmers walk ss w/ 21's. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Another great workout. Typical at home dosing schedule was followed. I felt the pump initially in my calves on the stepmill. It really burned. I'm gonna be honest... that $#!t was annoying. Ha! Not during my cardio C:20. Quit playing.

My legs got crazy pumped today. I could see veins popping out of them during my squats. I didn't have the same problem with walking away from the gym today as I did the other day but it's likely because this is the second leg day in four days. That alone is a bit of a testament to the recovery effects.

Fast forward to this evening and my legs are sore as hell. I wanted to play my guitar for a little bit but...decided to pass when I would have had to stand to play it because of how sore my quads are. Standing wasn't a better option because...well because my damn legs hurt. Ha!

Good things.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Missed a few days but easy to catch up, thanks for the frequent updates!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 15:

December 14, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Core:

Rotator Cuff Warm-ups ss w/ Low Pulley Trap Pull. 2 Sets.
BB Military Press ss w/ 21's. 2 sets.
DB Front Delt Raises ss w/ Kettlebell Lateral Raises. 2 Sets.
DB Shrugs ss w/ Alternating DB Curls.

Musings:

More calf pumps. To hell with those things. I'm going to have to switch up my daily cardio to something far less calf intensive. I imagine I'm either going to do the Arc Trainer or switch solely to running. We'll have to see which suits me better.

The shoulder workout was great. I had gas in the tank for days. And while I felt exhausted by the end, I kept looking around as if I instictively WANTED to do more exercises.

I kept the pump going for a good while. Went with a chick friend of mine to get a pedicure later in the day and the lady doing my pedicure said that I needed to relax, "You're shoulders are all pinched." She thought I had tension. I didn't. I was relaxed. My lats were just in a higher place. Not like heaven... but still a higher place. Ha!

Back day tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 16:

December 15, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Stepmill. Arc Trainer. 30 minutes on Hill Interval. Set at 8.

Core:

Weights: Back

Knee supported DB Rows ss w/ Medicine Ball Push Press. 2 Sets.
Lat Pulldown ss w/ Lat Ropedown. 2 Sets.
Cable Lat Row ss w/ 21's. 2 Sets.
Hammer Curls. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Played around with the dosing to workout timing today and was pleasantly surprised. First of all...I don't want you to think that I did this on purpose. I got a call around 7 after I had my first dose with my pre-workout meal and then I just kinda lounged around for THREE HOURS MORE. From there..at 10, I went to the gym. I still had the same kind of pump.

That said, it doesn't appear as if the pump is dose timing dependent, rather it seems to just be dependent upon the accumulation of C:20 in your system. Neat trick.

On to the workout - I suffered no ill effects from not working out an hour after taking the dose. In fact, the pump in my biceps was incredibly more significant today than the pump in my back. Of course, the back encompasses a lot more muscles so it can be significantly more difficult to target all of those as opposed to just the biceps. Truly, still, I had one hell of a workout. When i was done I went into the bathroom to wash my hands (a post-workout tradition) and noticed how thick my back looked through my soaking wet t-shirt. Badaboom.

Represent, kids! So far so good. New pics will be up Saturday morning. Peace.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
nice man! lookin forward to seeing how its been treating you!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 17:

December 16, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Stepmill. Arc Trainer. 30 minutes on Hill Interval. Set at 8.

Core:

Weights: Chest

Flat Bech DB Press ss w/ 21's. 2 Sets.
Incline Bench DB Press ss w/ DB Overhead Triceps Extension. 2 Sets.
Incline Flye ss w/ DB Triceps Kickback . 2 Sets.
CGBP ss w/ Farmers Walk. 2 Sets.

Musings:

Today's workout was a good one. There's really not much to say here that you haven't already heard. The weights are feeling a lot lighter almost all the way around. I'm thinking about notching the weight up a little bit but I'm wary of injury as I'm prone to it as a result of years of stupid lifting, sports in high school and college and the military. So I'll keep the weight right where it's at and focus more on form and the muscle squeeze at the top of the movement.

I think I saw where some of the beta testers noted that they had experienced dry lips and enhanced hunger, etc. I can, without question, report that I haven't experienced any of the same. I like to read other logs sometimes...other times I do not. I think the power of suggestion can be very strong with some people and you start noticing trends in the logs of people who follow others' logs while taking the same supplement. Sometimes that's a good thing and other times it results in a bit of a placebo-esque mention of things. Just something I've noticed from time to time.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do 50x2. I only hit it with quads though, alternating weeks. Let alone abs!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do 50x2. I only hit it with quads though, alternating weeks. Let alone abs!
I used to do century sets with Pecs, too. Though I think everyone has done that. I seem to not really have a problem with pushing my abs. I did one time, way back when I was 17 in Basic Training. Afterwards, it's almost always been smooth sailing. So much to the point that I stopped working them out. That didn't serve me well at all. Now that I'm focusing on my core more I can feel my overall progress towards my goal of HEALTH is just getting better and better. I can still feel the lingering effects of those injuries I suffered from not keeping a strong core. I hope to never have to experience anything like that ever again! Yikes!

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 18:

December 17, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

4.4 Mile run.

Core:

TRX Session. 30 Minutes

Weights: None

Musings:

The closest thing to an off day that I'll give myself since getting home. I've done so much of nothing that I almost always feel well rested. Is that possible? Yes. It. Is.

Got a light pump throughout most of my body. Most notably my hamstrings. That was fun.

Spent the night in Plano catching a theatrical production of "Scrooge". That has nothing to do with lifting...or anything to do with the purpose of this log...soooooo...I guess that was just bonus info. Yeap.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
New Pics:

Back:

Front:

Musings:

Pictures are two things: Good and bad. They almost never show anythink startlingly different in 30 days...let alone 20. They never show the minute details that your eyes get ahold of. However, taking pics regularly is a fantastic way to keep track of your progress! Yeap!

Let's see... Oh yea. I wish I had the opportunity to take pictures in the beginning and compare to these. No worries. Perhaps I'll do a C:20 run again and do it right. Yea. Yea.

Savageous

Savageous

Awards
Day 19:

December 18, 2011

The Workout:

Cardio:

Arc Trainer. 30 minutes on Hill Interval. Set at 8.

Core:

Weights: Arms

21's ss w/ BB Overhead Triceps Press. 2 Sets.
Incline DB Curls ss w/ Triceps Kickback. 2 Sets.
Hammer Curl on Preacher Bench ss w/ CGBP. 2 Sets.

Musings:

I had the pump going good today and I really think some twit was trying to compete with me with in curls today. Haha! Friendly competition I suppose. As I said, i rarely lift heavy anymore as I'm doing my best to stave off silly injury, however...this ****y **** had to go down. No details, but a humbling was had. He then told me that he thought I was one of those guys that looks big but can't lift big. Unfortunately, for me it's not about the numbers anymore. While I joyfully remember the days when I'd slap plate upon plate on any bar and just "GO LIFT S#!T!!!", I can't do it anymore and really just won't. Not for any reason. Lift smart. That's the motto.

Anyhow, I leave the gym and I get home and I sift through my gym bag and...someone named April left a number in it. I clean my gym bag out after every workout so I know it happened today. Terrible me, though, as I was in the gym and saw every woman in there and clearly remember that not one of them weighed less than me. Haha! April, my dear, you will not be getting a phone call. No, ma'am.
The workout was great. I'd been experiencing some pressure in my shoulders when doing curls but that was a non-issue today. Perhaps my TRX-ing yesterday helped pop whatever it was loose.

Still feeling very healthy and very strong. Still keeping a very positive attitude and enjoying my workouts thoroughly. All good things.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
ha nice update bro... gotta love a showdown and a lil admiration from the ladies...