Andrew's Final Review of Taurus's 5aOHP 30 day run

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Alright, well here we are. Log Thread is here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/180777-andrew-lean-strong.html

1st off, before/after pics here (1st one before, 2nd after DUH):

(I didnt include a front double bi's because honestly I was too fed up with taking pictures with my phone that I just quit, lol)

edit: since I didnt have much for comparison with my arms, I did some measurements. Cold, flexed before / after

Before:
R/L - 14 7/8 in
After:
R/L - 15 in (+1/8 in)

nothing huge, but some progress indeed.

I want to apologize right off the bat because the camera I used was different for each set of pictures. Lighting/resolution/saturation makes a lot of difference.

That being said, I started at 159lbs and ended at 162lbs (this morning). A 3lb gain with seemingly no change in %bf is good news IMO. Strange thing is, I went into this log looking just for strength gains (and my workout regiment was more suited towards strength gains, although it did work hypertrophy quite a bit) but I ended up with more size than strength gain. So, good news there.

Now, I said I didnt have any strength gains. You might be thinking, well if you didnt increase your strength AT ALL you werent dieting/working out right. Well, had I made no progress I would agree with this statement, but I did make strength gains. However, these gains came in a way that would be consistent with proper dieting / exercise, so in good faith I cannot give any credit to 5aOHP.

I did see some limited increases in endurance (particularly with my last few workouts), and they were nice, but by no means mind blowing.

In terms of side effects I saw none. Blood pressure was the one thing that I thought could have been increased, but I retook it this morning (didnt let the stupid doctor do it) and it was 120/65, which is normal for me.
Oily skin was non-existent, testicular atrophy / shutdown was no where to be seen.

So, this one is short and sweet. What I saw was a decent weight gain (btw I was eating 2500 cals throughout the cycle, with 1 cheat/week) of +3lbs, and a slight increase in endurance.

Had I known what I know now, I would have run this for 45 days at 6ml/day instead of 30 days at 4ml/day. It seemed the good stuff was just coming when I was finishing up the run.

Well, knowing this now I obviously would not recommend a 30 day run of this. 35 days would be a minimum IMO. I dont blame the guys at taurus at all for this issue, as with a compound this new, there is a learning curve (think of halodrol requiring 2 bottles for a good run, same scenario). BUT, I do wish I had gone with my gut instinct and picked up another bottle to extend my run. I have a feeling I would have seen some good strength gains had I done so.

So, breaking this down for you guys, I'll provide Cliffs:

The Good:
-Low/No Sides
-No Need for SERM pct
-Good weight gain while running ~maintenance cals
-Slight increase to endurance

The Bad:
-Need 2 bottles for a very good run, ~80$ before discounts :\
-Little/No strength gains from compound
-Liquid dosing very inconvenient (I didnt really go into this, but it was a pain at times. sublingual dissolving tabs would have been much better. Although, for a liquid product, the taste was good => think syrup)

* I should clarify the no serm part . . . Im not using one for this 30 day run, but I probably would have for the longer run.

Big thanks to the bros at Taurus Nutrition for sending me a bottle to run. Hope this is helpful for someone out there.

-Andrew

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Thank you for the great review. It definitely makes me think. I'm planning on running a cycle of 5aOHP along with Transaderm starting on Monday. I only have one bottle of each though :-\ I'm planning on following the cycle with Taurus DA-HCG and LG Formadrol Extreme. I don't really want to spend more money at the moment, nor am I looking for Earth-shattering results, but I do want to make sure it's not just going to be a waste of time...

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Surely wasnt a waste of time, I just wouldnt run 1 bottle solo again. Im running daa+testalensis right now, but honestly Im not sure if my t levels are low.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice review! I would like to see a longer run as I was following your log and noticed that you didn't see much strength gains till the last week.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Always a detailed and honest review. You look like you have lower BF than ever right now. Just chillin in the single digits for kicks and giggles or do you have a comp coming up?

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
chillin. I hate losing my abs, lol

also, Im trying to slowly bring up my cals. was at 2500 for this run and now Im up at 3k. Pretty much the opposite of what I did for my anabeta log, haha

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice review Andrew!!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Appreciate the time you took and the honesty in your review Andrew

jeeezzy

Awards
would you recommend this product over other new PH's out? sounds like it was a very clean cycle and thats my priority.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
would you recommend this product over other new PH's out? sounds like it was a very clean cycle and thats my priority.
I havent gotten a chance to use 5aOHP myself but one thing I noticed from just about every review are sides are pretty much non existent unlike other PHs.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
I havent gotten a chance to use 5aOHP myself but one thing I noticed from just about every review are sides are pretty much non existent unlike other PHs.
Aye, sides were low, but compared to the more 'mild' ds's out there; there's not too much of a difference. For example, Ive used epi and halodrol in the past and I got much greater returns with still no sides compared to this. Could very well be the length of time I ran it though, as I alluded to in my review.

from a price-benefit ratio, 1 bottle would not be worth it IMO. 2 bottles . . . maybe.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aye, sides were low, but compared to the more 'mild' ds's out there; there's not too much of a difference. For example, Ive used epi and halodrol in the past and I got much greater returns with still no sides compared to this. Could very well be the length of time I ran it though, as I alluded to in my review.

from a price-benefit ratio, 1 bottle would not be worth it IMO. 2 bottles . . . maybe.
seems like some adjustments in dosing length would be warranted. It's always nice to have another product on the market that compares to hdrol in the sides department.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
seems like some adjustments in dosing length would be warranted. It's always nice to have another product on the market that compares to hdrol in the sides department.
indeed. somewhat disappointed that I didnt pick up another bottle when I had the chance to, then I could state fact instead of speculate.

I hate speculating.