Back Again: BW logs Combustion!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I haven't posted for a long while, but it is good to be back! And What better supplement to start a new log with than Combustion? Ingredient profile is great, a lot like I.B.E.'s X-Force, which has been my favorite stim since I started lifting seriously 4 years ago. This is gonna be one hell-of-a-ride!;)

My Stats:

Height: 5'9

Weight: 173-175 lb

BF: I have no idea, but it is NOT as low as I want it to be!

Goals:

Fat loss. I'd like to drop down to 160 -165 lb, while maintaining as much muscle and strength aspossible. At my best I was 165 lb at ~18% BF and stronger than ever.I'm definitely more muscular than I was then, but I'm fatter too. :)

Diet:

I will be on a moderate carbohydrate diet, most carbs will come from veggies and fruit like berries. I will be eating about 170 g of protein every day, andsupplementing my diet with protein powder, creatine, fish oil, Vit D,Vit C, BCAAs (particularly Leucine) and Primordial Performance's MAP.

Training:

I lift 4-5 days a week with a powerlifting focus. A lot of Squats, Bench, Deads, Chins, Dips, Rows,with my favorite rep range being 1-5. I frequently go above 5 reps,especially when it comes to accessory movements such as Lunges, Step Ups, Curls, Extensions, Delt Raises, Etc. I try to switch my reps andsets up every week to keep me on my toes. :) On occasion I'll add onsome Cardio, particularly eliptical machine- it's easy on the jointsand actually doable after setting a Deadlift PR. I also enjoy PlatePushes when I can muster the energy to do them after weights.

Combustion should be a great addition to my daily routine. My job keeps me pretty active, and can be exhausting at times. From what I've experienced from Combustion thus far, it seems to be a great energy booster without much of a crash.I'm looking forward to seeing how it will affect my fat loss as well.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DAY 1

Definitely can feel the energy boost that Combustion is supposed to provide. I've been taking my first dose on an empty stomach in the morning. 2 caps Pre-workout on Day 1 gave me a lot of stamina and drive in the gym. I even set a PR with my Military Press! :) I took two caps in the morning and one cap about 7 hours later.

Seated DB Military:
35 lb dumbbells for 1x8
40 lb 1x5
45 lb 1x3
50 lb 1x3
55 lb 1x3
60 lb 1x3 <PR!

Supersetted with External Rotations:
7.5 lb DBs for 20 reps

Flat BB Bench:
95 lb 1x5
115 lb 1x5
135 lb 2x3
95 lb 1x10

Supersetted with Resistance Band Face Pulls for 10 reps

I wasn't able to go as heavy on my bench as I had hoped, but after setting a Military Press PR I wasn't too concerned or upset.

Cable Rhomboid Pull Downs:
40 lb 1x12
50 lb 2x12
60 lb 3x10

Decline Bench Press:
95 lb 2x8, 1x5

DAY 2

Today (Day 2) was my off day, but I fasted until 6pm. Normally when I fast I get pretty hypoglycemic, which makes me tired and drained. Hunger cramps hit a few times throughout the day, but I was drinking a lot of water and having an energy booster really helped me mentally. My 8 hour work shift was a breeze. I took a total of 2 caps of Combustion today and didn't feel the need for more.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you! It has been a while, huh? I took a break from the forums after repping for IBE and just never came back.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome back BW! I must say those are some pretty impressive DB military presses.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad to have you joining in on my log, T! :)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 3

I worked out fasted again. I didn'tsleep very well the night before, and I could definitely tell by mygym performance. I took two combustion pre-workout , one right afterwaking and the second 3 hours later, 15 minutes before lifting. Icould tell that it made me a little more alert, but my body waslagging behind. The third day of a cut is usually when I begin tofeel the effects of dropping my calories. The combination of glycogenstores being low and lack of sleep made for a difficult workout.

BB Deadlifts:
135 lb 1x3
185 lb 2x3
205 lb 3x3
135 lb 3x6
95 lb 1x10

Good Mornings:
50 lb 4x20

Machine Hack Squats:
95 3x6

DB Lunges:
25 lb Dbs 4x8 per leg

Romboid Pull Downs:
60lb 4x15

12 minutes of Eliptical Cardio

I was NOT impressed with my Deadlifts.I was hoping to at least make it to 225 lb, but it wasn't gonnahappen. I was having difficulty holding form and I wasn't going tosacrifice form for a bigger number. Next week will be better.

Hack Squats were half-assed. I wasalready tired by this point and figured I should do a littlesomething more to ensure my legs got a good beating before I left.

I'm realizing that my middle and upperback between my scapula are a week point for me so I've been focusinga lot on strengthening it, hence the random Pull Downs. Lol.

Today I'll be hitting the gym with Dipsand Incline Press! :) Post my workout later.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hang in there, things will get better. those numbers aren't terrible but do leave room for steady improvement. not being sexist but a 200+ deadlift aint bad for a female.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You are right. It isn't bad for MOST females. For me though it really does suck. My PR is 285 lb for 1 rep. On my 3 rep days I like to aim for 245. 215 lb is a far ways from 245 lb. Haha.

I really struggle at the beginning of my cuts. Mentally I have an idea of exactly how much I want to lift, but physically my body just doesn't feel capable. I have to wade out the first month and then my mind and body start working out in sync. After that first month, or "trial period", I mentally have a more realistic approach to lifting, I know what I am capable of lifting and what a good strength goal should be. It's just the first month that I'm out of tune and just have to get adjusted to all the changes I'm making.

hang in there, things will get better. those numbers aren't terrible but do leave room for steady improvement. not being sexist but a 200+ deadlift aint bad for a female.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 4:

Once again I slept horribly the night before. Worked late, stayed up late and woke up on Day 4 way too early for a Saturday morning to take my car in to the mechanic for repairs. I felt like I had a hangover. Haha.

I took 2 Combustion throughout the day.One Pre-workout, the other about 4 hours later. They made a little bit of a difference, but my lack of sleep was very apparent in the gym and at work. I ended the day with a horrible stomach ache that I think I got from Resolve who had a 24 hour flu a few days prior. I'm feeling fine today though.

Incline BB Bench:
95lb 2x5
115lb 2x3
125 lb 1x33
115 lb 2x3
95 lb 1x8

Supersetted with Lateral Raises
7.5 lb Dbs x 12 reps

Weighted Dips:
Body Weight: 2x5
10lb 1x5
25lb x 3x5
Body Weight

Intermittently supersetted w/ CableRope Tri Extensions
20lb

BB Push Press:
95 lb 2x5
85lb 2x5
50lb 2x8
40lb 3x10

I was so dead by the time I got to my push press, which is reflected in my numbers. In the past I've Push Pressed 135 x3. I've also Dipped at least 60lb x3. All the way around I was just worn out for this workout.

Today is my off day for lifting and work, and I'm Not doing much more than slow smoking some fresh, wild caught salmon and eating some balsamic vinaigrette arugula salad. Resolve and I are having some friends over to celebrate the 4th and I'm planning on having a few light beers. Besides that I'm sticking to my diet, and counting the beers into my allotted calories for the day. It should be a great time! Happy Independence Day! :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
happy 4th-enjoy the salmon.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
happy 4th-enjoy the salmon.
I totally did! I'm off do bed and get to sleep in as late as I want and need tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for a deep restful night of REM!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 6:

Went into the gym after a great night of sleep. Combustion kept me running all day. I finished lifting at 2 and went straight to work at 3pm until 11pm. I was exhausted by the time my day was over, but I felt like a made a little bit of progress with the weights thanks to a great night's sleep and such an effective energy booster.

Highlights of my workout were Body Weight Chin-Ups for 1x8 and 3x6. Also pulled 225 lb for 2 reps in my Deads. I did a lot of back off sets for my deads, focusing on explosiveness and form. I've been working on increasing my back strength a lot.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Went into the gym after another great night of sleep. 1 Combustion + a cup of coffee had me running around like crazy. I could tell I was talking a lot and moving very fast, which is a sure sign that I have taken a lot of stims. I only had 1 Combustion the whole day and it was sufficient.

BB Standing Military/ Push Press
65 lb 1x8
85 lb 1x5
95 lb 1x3
105 lb 1x3
115 lb 1x1
125 lb 1x1
135 lb 2x1

BB Flat Bench
95lb 1x8
115 lb 1x5
135 lb 1x5
155 lb 1x3
165 lb 2x1

Decline BB Bench
95 lb 3x10
105 lb 2x10

Cable Lateral Raises
10 lb 4x12-15

Workout Notes: I was very happy with my bench and Military Press! I'm finally feeling like my strength may be coming back just a little bit. My body is beginning to adjust to this lower calorie diet and I'm finally able to pull out some decent numbers!

Day 8

After a week of being on Combustion I weighed myself. Turned out to be 174 lbs. Last Wednesday I was weighing in at 179 lb after 3 days of partying, on a normal day I usually weigh in around 175 lb. I'm sure a lot of the 5 to 6 lbs I lost in this week were water weight and a small amount of BF. I'm definitely feeling and looking a lot tighter and leaner though. It is a good feeling. :)

It was an off day for me in lifting. I went into work from 11am to 7pm and was running around the store full of energy. Took one Combustion at 10:30am, one at 1:30pm and one at 4:00pm. At 6:30 I had one customer come up to me and ask if I had smoked some crack before coming into work. Lol.

I got home and cooked some food at about 7:30 and around 8 I all of the sudden came down with a horrible stomach ache. Still have it right now. I don't know what the deal is, but I'm hoping it goes away sometime soon! Gonna be going into the gym tomorrow morning for squats!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep it up BW. Sounds like you are putting in some solid gym time. Love seeing deadlifts in the workout.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
DAYS 9-12

Went to the gym on both Friday and Saturday last week. I've been taking 2 caps of Combustion and can definitely notice the pepper in it. for the first 30 minutes after swallowing I have the spicy flavor in my throat, especially if I don't drink water with my cap.

I can tell that I am continuing to lean out in my stomach and arms. Pants are just beginning to fit a little looser. Saturday was my carb up/cheat day. I had a lot of snacky foods and sweets and 1 beer. It was so nice to just eat whatever sounded tasty and not worry too much about calories. The next morning I weighed in at 173 lb.

Yesterday I didn't take any Combustion. I felt like I didn't need it, and I figured that taking a little break from it would be good for me anyway. I went over to some friends house and had a couple glasses of wine last night (which I shouldn't have done). I had them on an empty stomach since I hadn't eaten all day, which was a bad idea too! I've been feeling sluggish and slightly hungover. Bleh.

Saturday my car broke down and it is still in the shop. I probably won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow afternoon, which means I won't be lifting until Wednesday. Tomorrow I will for sure be doing some body weight exercises and maybe a jog at home before I head to work. I'll keep you guys updated.

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
It sucks - it's like every time we think we're gonna have enough money to save some at the end of the month, the frickin' car dies.
Damn cars, i hear ya, My wife had a vw beattle and every 3-4 months it would cost us like 2k to fix some bs issue until is said screw it and traded it in lol

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Got the car back last night. It isn't fixed, since the mechanic couldn't figure out what the problem was, but it is running alright for now. Heading into the gym today for some Squats! :)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 13 and 14

Still feeling the effects of Combustion strongly! Took a break off of it on Sunday and Monday and I think it was for the better. Both Tuesday and Wednesday my energy and stamina in the gym was so great, I was very pleased with my performance in the gym.

It has been a crazy couple of days. I've been getting up at 8am, going to the gym immediately, from the gym leaving for work and working from 11am-7pm and finally getting settled in at home around 8, or in last nights case, 9:30pm because housework desperately needed to be done. Today I'm taking the day off of working out. I'm still dead sore from the last two days of lifting, and I'm doing some resistance band work to loosen up my upper body and strengthen my back (recommended by Resolve).

Yesterday (2 week mark) I weighed in at 174 lb. I don't know why I haven't lost more weight in a week. I'm eating around 1500 calories, except on Saturday when I had my cheat day. The only thing that I really did wrong this week was have a few drinks on Sunday evening. Even then I was still eating below 1500! It doesn't seem like this one instance should be prohibiting weight loss. I'm definitely looking leaner and feeling leaner and stronger, so I'm trying not to worry too much about it. Just gonna keep plugging away and see where I am next week (without the alcohol on Sunday night!)

Here is a basic outline of what I did in the gym:

Squat Day:

BB Back Squats:
95lb 1x8
115lb1x8
135 2x5
155 2x5
165 1x3
135 1x12
95lb 1x12

Leg Press:
95 lb 4x15

Rope Cable Pull Throughs
5x15

Hanging Leg Raises

15 min Cardio

Looking at all the volume I did, it was no wonder I could barely walk after I was done. Haha! It didn't seem like that much while I was doing all that leg work, I was just going until I felt like I needed to stop. Pull throughs were amazing! I haven't done them in a very long time, and I feel like I need to incorporate them more as an accessory movement. they just work EVERYTHING!

Bench Day

BB Bench Press:
95 lb 1x5
115 1x5
135 1x3
155 1x3
165 1x3
175 1x1

Decline Bench:

95lb 4x10-15

Supersetted w/ BB Curls
35 lb 4x10

seated DB Curls:

25 lb DBs 6x12

supersetted with DB Overhead Tricep extensions

Rope Cable Tri Extensions:

30 lb 4x15

10 min Cardio

I have not benched this much weight for a LONG time! I'm talking a year, maybe 10 months. This was an accomplishment to me, even though my PR is 185lb, it still feels great.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cable pull-throughs are awesome for the hips and posterior chain. As I reach lockout, and the cable is right up in my crotch, I like to give any nearby ladies a coy wink. ;)
Making me think I should try these again. Find a different place to do them at. Thinking it might help with my deadlift lockout a little.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 19

So far I am making great progress. Yesterday was day 19, I weighed in at 171 lb and I can tell that I am leaning out. Combustion is still providing a clean, strong, long lasting energy and stamina boost throughout the day.

I'm planning to incorporate more cardio into my workout. Yesterday I did a Tri set of Deads, DB military and Goblet squats. It was intense, and the five sets of 8 reps I did had me worn out at the end. I worked on my back and shoulders some more with Rows, Rear Delt Row and lat pulls and then jumped into 25 minutes of cardio, including 5 15-20 second sprints dispersed through out. I was definitely worn out at the end of that workout!

I will be back in the gym on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
Day 19

So far I am making great progress. Yesterday was day 19, I weighed in at 171 lb and I can tell that I am leaning out. Combustion is still providing a clean, strong, long lasting energy and stamina boost throughout the day.

I'm planning to incorporate more cardio into my workout. Yesterday I did a Tri set of Deads, DB military and Goblet squats. It was intense, and the five sets of 8 reps I did had me worn out at the end. I worked on my back and shoulders some more with Rows, Rear Delt Row and lat pulls and then jumped into 25 minutes of cardio, including 5 15-20 second sprints dispersed through out. I was definitely worn out at the end of that workout!

I will be back in the gym on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Sounds like an intense workout right there.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I should really update my log too. Yesterday's was a fantastic routine. AND we got to chuckle at the 5 personal trainers who were CPR benching 135 and acting superior while doing it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
DAYS 9-12

Went to the gym on both Friday and Saturday last week. I've been taking 2 caps of Combustion and can definitely notice the pepper in it. for the first 30 minutes after swallowing I have the spicy flavor in my throat, especially if I don't drink water with my cap.

I can tell that I am continuing to lean out in my stomach and arms. Pants are just beginning to fit a little looser. Saturday was my carb up/cheat day. I had a lot of snacky foods and sweets and 1 beer. It was so nice to just eat whatever sounded tasty and not worry too much about calories. The next morning I weighed in at 173 lb.

Yesterday I didn't take any Combustion. I felt like I didn't need it, and I figured that taking a little break from it would be good for me anyway. I went over to some friends house and had a couple glasses of wine last night (which I shouldn't have done). I had them on an empty stomach since I hadn't eaten all day, which was a bad idea too! I've been feeling sluggish and slightly hungover. Bleh.

Saturday my car broke down and it is still in the shop. I probably won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow afternoon, which means I won't be lifting until Wednesday. Tomorrow I will for sure be doing some body weight exercises and maybe a jog at home before I head to work. I'll keep you guys updated.
did you say you take combustion with no water.....damn!

drink that water!!!!!!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
did you say you take combustion with no water.....damn!

drink that water!!!!!!
Haha, I actually drink a lot of water, but it seems like at the time that I take my combustion (like when I"m driving on my way to the gym) none is handy. Yeah, it is not fun.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haha, I actually drink a lot of water, but it seems like at the time that I take my combustion (like when I"m driving on my way to the gym) none is handy. Yeah, it is not fun.
that explains the pepper taste...i always take mine with lots of water and haven't noticed any pepper taste.

lol-in summertime i never go anywhere without my 64oz colts mug!!!!!!!!!!and i always keep it full, lol.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Today I'm throwing a Birthday party for the hubby! Been pretty busy preparing all week.

So far progress seems steady. I had a personal trainer at my gym measure my BF on Thursday, and it turned out to be a bit higher than I had expected at ~25%. Apparently the 4 point caliber test he did isn't very accurate though, so I may be lower than that. I was expecting more around 21%. Anyway, I'm going to continue to have my BF tested every 3 weeks by the same guy, just to make sure I'm making progress in the right direction. And it will give me even more accountability. :)

I've been adding a lot more cardio into my routines, as it seems that is one of the few things I have left to do for dropping BF quickly. Last two workouts I've added 35-45 minutes of cardio after my weights, maintaining my heart rate at about 70-90% of my max the entire time. A couple days ago I did some high rep squats that still have my legs sore! 135 lb for 12-15 reps, 155 lb x10 reps and a ton of warmups and backoffs make for a hard core leg workout!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 28

Went into the gym first thing and did a BB Deadlift, DB Military, DB Swing complex. Added on some accessory back and delt work and 45 minutes of cardio. I'm still tired after a 45 minute nap! Time to pop another Combustion. :D

I can definitely tell that this week of added cardio has made a difference. I'm looking forward to weighing in first thing tomorrow to see where I am at.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm really impressed with Combustion thus far. The energy boost now is just as good as it was one month ago. Anytime I need a little extra boost, I've been popping a pill and it does the job well!

Tomorrow I will be heading into the gym before my 8 hour work shift to get an hour or so of Cardio in. Bleh. Should be good for me, but I'm not looking forward to it. :/

BPS

BPS

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm really impressed with Combustion thus far. The energy boost now is just as good as it was one month ago. Anytime I need a little extra boost, I've been popping a pill and it does the job well!

Tomorrow I will be heading into the gym before my 8 hour work shift to get an hour or so of Cardio in. Bleh. Should be good for me, but I'm not looking forward to it. :/
yuk cardio, have fun lol.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hit 185 for a single on BB Bench the other day! That was meeting a PR. So far that has been the biggest highlight of my week.

I'm feeling leaner, been weighing in at around 171-172 the last week. I don't know why I am not dropping weight with how much I've been working out, but I'm confident that I'm making progress in the right direction. I've been drinking a lot of BCAAs to help with my strength and muscle retention, and I think that it is working.

Right now I have a horrible cold. Started feeling sick last night, and I am just getting progressively worse. Lifted this morning and did 30 minutes of cardio, and I"m planning on doing at least cardio tomorrow morning, but we'll see what happens.