Burning off the fat, with BPS Combustion and more (sponsored)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welp, i'm at 9 weeks out from a contest that I'm starting to think i won't make contest shape in, so I'm kicking up what i'm doing a notch. BPS was nice enough to sponsor me a bottle of Combustion

Along with it, i'm using Genomyx HEAT, AI Sports Post Cycle Support, SNS TTA-500 and other goodies. The main other goodies are that I picked up 3 120ml bottles of the 1-Androsterone from AMS, so i'm going to be dosing it at 6ml a day for the next 2 months. Even if all this doesn't get me to contest shape, it should put me close. If I have to skip this year and wait till next, thats fine with me.

Workout is a 4 day split (chest/legs/back/shoulders), diet is varied but roughly 2500 calories and approx 40p/40f/20c as it just turns out I eat that way. So far i'm doing cardio only once a week for roughly an hour. I'm likely going to reverse that do doing 20 minutes after each workout, and then 1 day do a separate hour. Hopefully the Combustion will help with that.

So far I started using Combustion on Monday. Comparing it to Vapo XT (which is what I was using with the exact same mix of other stuff), its a hair lighter on stim, but a bit higher on thermogenic. So seems like a nice product so far. I think if I were to use it as a solo preworkout though, i'd need 2 caps together.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I am planning on doing a contest. So far though, i'm not at a point where i'm comfortable i'll come in lean enough. We'll see where I am a month from now.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, this week hasn't worked out so hot making it to the gym, but I did today at least. Took 2 Combustion preworkout, and that was plenty of energy. Weighed 193, so finally really back to pre-vacation level.

Shoulders today - today was first day my 15 year old daughter came along to gym, that was entertaining. She complained a bit about the exercises ;)
hammer iso shoulder press - 80x12x12x9 70x9
behind back upright rows (smith, plates only) 70x10x10x10x9
machine lateral raise 125x10x8 110x9x7
db front raise 25x10x10x10

and then 20 minutes of moderate intensity cardio. Pouring sweat off me by midway through the workout, I was drenched by the end of cardio.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
196 today, feeling good. Stopped smoking cigarettes friday, today will be the last day of terrible cravings.

db incline press 75x10 90x0 (failed to get into position, someone ran over to help, but was too late :p) 75x8 80x7 85x5. Pretty sure I could have hit 90x6 on that second set if I hadn't failed getting them up. db erectile dysfunction sigh
flat hammer press machine 180x9x8x4 140x7x8
triceps pushdown 160x9 150x9x9x7
cable crossover setting 8 -15x15x15

pretty nice, good pump, only had shoulder pain during the workout, nothing after which is fantastic. been doing external rotations with a band before the workouts now.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff Easy. I'm really enjoying Combustion so far. Good luck with the kicking cigs, I never smoked but chewed tobacco for about 5 years. Quitting that is probably the most difficult thing I've ever done.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to fill in some info on the smoking, I had smoked since I was 16, and quit back in 2004 so smoked about 20 years. In 2010 on vacation in Hawaii, I picked up a pack and continued through up till last week. The hard part is that my wife also smokes so we have to quit together or not at all. She was finally ready again. One thing that i'm not sure how its going to affect me though is smoking cigars. I've picked up the cigar habit, but that is a once or max twice a week sort of thing. We'll see how that goes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just to fill in some info on the smoking, I had smoked since I was 16, and quit back in 2004 so smoked about 20 years. In 2010 on vacation in Hawaii, I picked up a pack and continued through up till last week. The hard part is that my wife also smokes so we have to quit together or not at all. She was finally ready again. One thing that i'm not sure how its going to affect me though is smoking cigars. I've picked up the cigar habit, but that is a once or max twice a week sort of thing. We'll see how that goes.

good luck.....as a recovering alcoholic i know how hard quitting addictions can be!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck.....as a recovering alcoholic i know how hard quitting addictions can be!!!
i'll stick with drinking though, I can't be a quitter on everything ;)

Was 195 today, pretty ravenously hungry after my workout so I strayed a little foodwise (6 whole eggs + 3/4 cup brown rice).

hack squats 270x6 320x6 340x6 350x6 360x3 + fail. all were to the bumpstops
seated calf raise 90x10 135x10 160x10 180x10 205x5 and fail, couldn't get it high enough to lock it back in
hammer machine preacher curls 70x12x10x9x5 all full range of motion. I have a tendency with these to shorten the range of motion, not extending my arm to fully straight before the next rep.

and that was it. was still 45 minutes and I was beat and hungry.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see a lot of guys cheat themselves on the preachers; good for you - gotta get that stretch at the bottom!

Good luck with the smoking cessation. I enjoy a cigar now and then on special occasions, I could see how even just giving that up would suck.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see a lot of guys cheat themselves on the preachers; good for you - gotta get that stretch at the bottom!

Good luck with the smoking cessation. I enjoy a cigar now and then on special occasions, I could see how even just giving that up would suck.
I've kind of settled on Casa Torano brand either their Casa Maduro in a Toro size as my cigar of choice now too http://www.torano.com/toranobrands/casamaduro . I think though that smoking cigars every now and then shouldn't particularly make me relapse on cigarettes, we'll see.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Solid log entries. Subbd.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fudge, partially blew my diet today for lunch. Had 2 pieces of morsilla, and some bacalito, plus black beans + yellow rice and some amarillo. And I dont think anyone who knows what those all are is following this thread, I need to invite them :D

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
carb feast i take it? I knew what black beans and yellow rice are if that makes you feel any better :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
carb feast i take it? I knew what black beans and yellow rice are if that makes you feel any better :)
really not too bad, just a bit more carbs than i'd like. Its from a local Puerto Rican restaurant. My wife brought home lunch from there today. Its hard to turn down morsilla (blood sausage)

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
really not too bad, just a bit more carbs than i'd like. Its from a local Puerto Rican restaurant. My wife brought home lunch from there today. Its hard to turn down morsilla (blood sausage)
If you need more "Gasolina" for down the "morsilla" EASY call me ;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you need more "Gasolina" for down the "morsilla" EASY call me ;)
Actually they do sell it in the US! I checked their website, and earlier this year they started putting it into liquor stores. Turns out that one within 2 miles had it so I bought a box

. its gone already though, need to pop in for more

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fudge, partially blew my diet today for lunch. Had 2 pieces of morsilla, and some bacalito, plus black beans + yellow rice and some amarillo. And I dont think anyone who knows what those all are is following this thread, I need to invite them :D
WOW you kill me!!!! and i got hungry too

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nice log so far Easy and good luck on trying to get in contest ready shape. If you do decide to enter, you'll have to throw up some pics in this tread. I've thought about entering myself but never had the balls to do it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice log so far Easy and good luck on trying to get in contest ready shape. If you do decide to enter, you'll have to throw up some pics in this tread. I've thought about entering myself but never had the balls to do it.
I was supposed to enter contests on either june 4th or 11th but it turned out that was the saturday my timeshare week started + ended, so I couldn't do those. but there is a local contest the last weekend in August that i'm shooting for. I just don't know if i'll actually make it to where I wont feel embarassed on stage. If not, i'm definitely doing it next year.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've kind of settled on Casa Torano brand either their Casa Maduro in a Toro size as my cigar of choice now too http://www.torano.com/toranobrands/casamaduro . I think though that smoking cigars every now and then shouldn't particularly make me relapse on cigarettes, we'll see.
Torano's are nice. I've had their Robusto, but it wasn't the maduro. I recently tried Diesel's Unholy ****tail and was really impressed - very dark with tons of flavor. I was reticent because the brand has such a "bro" feeling to it, but I'm glad I went ahead and tried it anyways.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Torano's are nice. I've had their Robusto, but it wasn't the maduro. I recently tried Diesel's Unholy ****tail and was really impressed - very dark with tons of flavor. I was reticent because the brand has such a "bro" feeling to it, but I'm glad I went ahead and tried it anyways.
I'll keep an eye out for that, I tend to like the darker ones, and cedared ones too.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
LOL tsk tsk on the morcilla, y eso that your not on the Island! Imagine how hard it is for me visiting my grandmother every week!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL tsk tsk on the morcilla, y eso that your not on the Island! Imagine how hard it is for me visiting my grandmother every week!!!
at least I avoided yucca pasteles. man I wanted one, but figured the fish was better overall

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just wanted to chime in about how many guys i see cheating on preachers, lol. i know you can do more weight if you don't go all the way down but the range of motion is where preachers really give me that fantastic pump!!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
196 today. took 2 Combustion preworkout, that makes for a nice workout other than the volume of sweat :)

behind neck wide grip pulldowns 70x10 100x10x10x10x10
deadlifts 225x6x8 275x6 295x3 225x6
db preacher curls 35x8x8x8

and my forearms + biceps and respective tendons told me it was time to stop. I went to the preacher curls to give my lower back a little break as I was going to do pendlay rows, but after the curls didn't feel like doing anything. Still felt like it was an effective workout.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
196 today dammit. after coming in second place in a pool tournament last night, I came home and my daughter had made a batch of organic brownies and I proceeded to drunkenly eat about half of them. The were good, all organic ingredients and she used my coconut oil in place of vegetable oil so a nice coconutty taste in the background too.

shoulder workout today
single arm seated db press 50x12x10x10x10
behind back upright row 50x12 70x9 50x10x9
Skullcrushers 70x12x12x10x10
db front raises 20x10x10x10x10
seated dip machine 160x12x11x10

Feeling good. Got my MRI results back though, and the recommendation is to either start lifting "girlie style" or to get surgery :p

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
196 today dammit. after coming in second place in a pool tournament last night, I came home and my daughter had made a batch of organic brownies and I proceeded to drunkenly eat about half of them. The were good, all organic ingredients and she used my coconut oil in place of vegetable oil so a nice coconutty taste in the background too.

shoulder workout today
single arm seated db press 50x12x10x10x10
behind back upright row 50x12 70x9 50x10x9
Skullcrushers 70x12x12x10x10
db front raises 20x10x10x10x10
seated dip machine 160x12x11x10

Feeling good. Got my MRI results back though, and the recommendation is to either start lifting "girlie style" or to get surgery :p
yummi!!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, some tears, partially severed tendon. I need to get a printout of the MRI findings today

Yesterday did chest a bit differently since I was thinking about the MRI
machine fly 120x14x12x12x9
reverse grip smith incline press 90x11 110x8 90x10x10x7 70x8x8
tricep pushdown 150x10 160x8 140x10x7
cable crossover setting 8x12 setting 6x15x15x15

felt great, no pain during workout, but this morning the joint hurts.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
I might have missed it, but what bodypart might require surgery?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I might have missed it, but what bodypart might require surgery?
Right shoulder. Its been bothering me for a while, but I've more or less just lifted through the pain. But the MRI showed possible damage that could use surgery

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Right shoulder. Its been bothering me for a while, but I've more or less just lifted through the pain. But the MRI showed possible damage that could use surgery
That's sucky man. I'm actually coming back myself from a long layoff due to injury. No fun. I figure it will take me a year to get back to where I was in terms of body composition and strength. So are you going to do the surgery or kinda wait and see?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For right now, i'm going to try and rework my routine, give it 2 months and see where its at.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
welp, today I went with intentions of doing legs + shoulders and ended up with a sort of decent quad workout only...

v-squats 270x5 320x5 360x5 410x5 450x5x5 500x4

and somehow between talking to someone beforehand and the long rests between some of those sets I burned all my time and had to go. still was nice though. I may do some light shoulder work here at the house, I have the powerblocks so I can do a bit.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. 500x4 makes sense now too. :D
Yeah, if I had to make a "feel" vs barbell squat its probably about like a 250lb squat, or an 800lb leg press effort wise at the 500lbs on that.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
was 189 this morning, did a mixed back/shoulders

lateral raise 120x10x10x9x8
wide grip pulldown 120x10x10 100x10x7
behind back upright row (smith, plate weight only) 50x12x12x11x9
chinups 4x4x3x2
front raise 15x20x20
machine preacher curl - 70x10x7 55x8 45x7

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
down to 188 now, but leaving today on a business trip. The plus is I tend to have extra time for cardio, the minus is I tend to eat extra too. We'll see, no scale for a week

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sigh, a week on a business trip has me back at 192. a good looking 192, but still 4 lbs up. I think I can forget about contest leanness in 4 weeks. Oh well, next year.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
191 today, decided to switch off to 10x10 for a little. For last weeks workouts, I did well, broke 360 on hack squats, and went over 300lbs on deadlift again, first time in a while. But I dont remember much other details.

today though...
incline smith press (plate weight) 90x10x10x10x10x10x10x9x10x8x7
flat smith press (plate weight) 70x10x10x9x10x9x9x8x7x7x6
tricep pushdown 120x12x10 100x11
machine fly 100x10x9 85x12

and wheeeew was I pumped. Felt good. It should be entertaining to attempt 10x10s for legs.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welp, the combustion is about done now, but it has worked well. I like the relatively light dose as it makes going from one to two caps still not be a total sledgehammer like some products.

Was 191 today still, and dragged my 15 year old daughter to the gym for legs, and seriously tortured her

hack squats 180x10x10x10x10x10x10x10x10x10x10
seated calf raises 135x9 115x15x11 90x15
seated leg curls 90x12x14x13

and done. Man it sucked to walk to the car, and I almost stalled it a few times since I had a rough time with the clutch