Burning off the fat, with BPS Combustion and more (sponsored)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Burning off the fat, with BPS Combustion and more (sponsored)

Welp, i'm at 9 weeks out from a contest that I'm starting to think i won't make contest shape in, so I'm kicking up what i'm doing a notch. BPS was nice enough to sponsor me a bottle of Combustion

Along with it, i'm using Genomyx HEAT, AI Sports Post Cycle Support, SNS TTA-500 and other goodies. The main other goodies are that I picked up 3 120ml bottles of the 1-Androsterone from AMS, so i'm going to be dosing it at 6ml a day for the next 2 months. Even if all this doesn't get me to contest shape, it should put me close. If I have to skip this year and wait till next, thats fine with me.

Workout is a 4 day split (chest/legs/back/shoulders), diet is varied but roughly 2500 calories and approx 40p/40f/20c as it just turns out I eat that way. So far i'm doing cardio only once a week for roughly an hour. I'm likely going to reverse that do doing 20 minutes after each workout, and then 1 day do a separate hour. Hopefully the Combustion will help with that.

So far I started using Combustion on Monday. Comparing it to Vapo XT (which is what I was using with the exact same mix of other stuff), its a hair lighter on stim, but a bit higher on thermogenic. So seems like a nice product so far. I think if I were to use it as a solo preworkout though, i'd need 2 caps together.

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

You're doing a contest Easy? Massive props to you sir! Hope Combustion exceeds your needs.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  3. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Well, I am planning on doing a contest. So far though, i'm not at a point where i'm comfortable i'll come in lean enough. We'll see where I am a month from now.
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Well, this week hasn't worked out so hot making it to the gym, but I did today at least. Took 2 Combustion preworkout, and that was plenty of energy. Weighed 193, so finally really back to pre-vacation level.

Shoulders today - today was first day my 15 year old daughter came along to gym, that was entertaining. She complained a bit about the exercises
    hammer iso shoulder press - 80x12x12x9 70x9
    behind back upright rows (smith, plates only) 70x10x10x10x9
    machine lateral raise 125x10x8 110x9x7
    db front raise 25x10x10x10

and then 20 minutes of moderate intensity cardio. Pouring sweat off me by midway through the workout, I was drenched by the end of cardio.
  5. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.28%

Good for you, lifting with your daughter. Whenever I go home, I lift with my 16 year-old brother; it's always a great time.

***NOW @ NP***
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

196 today, feeling good. Stopped smoking cigarettes friday, today will be the last day of terrible cravings.

db incline press 75x10 90x0 (failed to get into position, someone ran over to help, but was too late :P) 75x8 80x7 85x5. Pretty sure I could have hit 90x6 on that second set if I hadn't failed getting them up. db erectile dysfunction sigh
    flat hammer press machine 180x9x8x4 140x7x8
    triceps pushdown 160x9 150x9x9x7
    cable crossover setting 8 -15x15x15

pretty nice, good pump, only had shoulder pain during the workout, nothing after which is fantastic. been doing external rotations with a band before the workouts now.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.78%

Good stuff Easy. I'm really enjoying Combustion so far. Good luck with the kicking cigs, I never smoked but chewed tobacco for about 5 years. Quitting that is probably the most difficult thing I've ever done.
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Just to fill in some info on the smoking, I had smoked since I was 16, and quit back in 2004 so smoked about 20 years. In 2010 on vacation in Hawaii, I picked up a pack and continued through up till last week. The hard part is that my wife also smokes so we have to quit together or not at all. She was finally ready again. One thing that i'm not sure how its going to affect me though is smoking cigars. I've picked up the cigar habit, but that is a once or max twice a week sort of thing. We'll see how that goes.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Just to fill in some info on the smoking, I had smoked since I was 16, and quit back in 2004 so smoked about 20 years. In 2010 on vacation in Hawaii, I picked up a pack and continued through up till last week. The hard part is that my wife also smokes so we have to quit together or not at all. She was finally ready again. One thing that i'm not sure how its going to affect me though is smoking cigars. I've picked up the cigar habit, but that is a once or max twice a week sort of thing. We'll see how that goes.

good luck.....as a recovering alcoholic i know how hard quitting addictions can be!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE TURBO/ELIMISTANE/MACAPRO....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0/ADRENOSURGE
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    good luck.....as a recovering alcoholic i know how hard quitting addictions can be!!!
    i'll stick with drinking though, I can't be a quitter on everything

Was 195 today, pretty ravenously hungry after my workout so I strayed a little foodwise (6 whole eggs + 3/4 cup brown rice).

hack squats 270x6 320x6 340x6 350x6 360x3 + fail. all were to the bumpstops
    seated calf raise 90x10 135x10 160x10 180x10 205x5 and fail, couldn't get it high enough to lock it back in
    hammer machine preacher curls 70x12x10x9x5 all full range of motion. I have a tendency with these to shorten the range of motion, not extending my arm to fully straight before the next rep.

and that was it. was still 45 minutes and I was beat and hungry.
  11. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.28%

I see a lot of guys cheat themselves on the preachers; good for you - gotta get that stretch at the bottom!

Good luck with the smoking cessation. I enjoy a cigar now and then on special occasions, I could see how even just giving that up would suck.

***NOW @ NP***
  12. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I see a lot of guys cheat themselves on the preachers; good for you - gotta get that stretch at the bottom!

Good luck with the smoking cessation. I enjoy a cigar now and then on special occasions, I could see how even just giving that up would suck.
    I've kind of settled on Casa Torano brand either their Casa Maduro in a Toro size as my cigar of choice now too http://www.torano.com/toranobrands/casamaduro . I think though that smoking cigars every now and then shouldn't particularly make me relapse on cigarettes, we'll see.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Solid log entries. Subbd.
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Fudge, partially blew my diet today for lunch. Had 2 pieces of morsilla, and some bacalito, plus black beans + yellow rice and some amarillo. And I dont think anyone who knows what those all are is following this thread, I need to invite them
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

carb feast i take it? I knew what black beans and yellow rice are if that makes you feel any better
  16. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    carb feast i take it? I knew what black beans and yellow rice are if that makes you feel any better
    really not too bad, just a bit more carbs than i'd like. Its from a local Puerto Rican restaurant. My wife brought home lunch from there today. Its hard to turn down morsilla (blood sausage)
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

really not too bad, just a bit more carbs than i'd like. Its from a local Puerto Rican restaurant. My wife brought home lunch from there today. Its hard to turn down morsilla (blood sausage)
    If you need more "Gasolina" for down the "morsilla" EASY call me
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

18. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    If you need more "Gasolina" for down the "morsilla" EASY call me
    Actually they do sell it in the US! I checked their website, and earlier this year they started putting it into liquor stores. Turns out that one within 2 miles had it so I bought a box

. its gone already though, need to pop in for more
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

Fudge, partially blew my diet today for lunch. Had 2 pieces of morsilla, and some bacalito, plus black beans + yellow rice and some amarillo. And I dont think anyone who knows what those all are is following this thread, I need to invite them
    WOW you kill me!!!! and i got hungry too

Got Glycophase ...?

20. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    WOW you kill me!!!! and i got hungry too
    blame my wife. I'm never going to make it to contest shape like this.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

blame my wife. I'm never going to make it to contest shape like this.
    ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

Got Glycophase ...?

22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Nice log so far Easy and good luck on trying to get in contest ready shape. If you do decide to enter, you'll have to throw up some pics in this tread. I've thought about entering myself but never had the balls to do it.
  23. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by bludevil View Post
    Nice log so far Easy and good luck on trying to get in contest ready shape. If you do decide to enter, you'll have to throw up some pics in this tread. I've thought about entering myself but never had the balls to do it.
    I was supposed to enter contests on either june 4th or 11th but it turned out that was the saturday my timeshare week started + ended, so I couldn't do those. but there is a local contest the last weekend in August that i'm shooting for. I just don't know if i'll actually make it to where I wont feel embarassed on stage. If not, i'm definitely doing it next year.
  24. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.28%

I've kind of settled on Casa Torano brand either their Casa Maduro in a Toro size as my cigar of choice now too http://www.torano.com/toranobrands/casamaduro . I think though that smoking cigars every now and then shouldn't particularly make me relapse on cigarettes, we'll see.
    Torano's are nice. I've had their Robusto, but it wasn't the maduro. I recently tried Diesel's Unholy ****tail and was really impressed - very dark with tons of flavor. I was reticent because the brand has such a "bro" feeling to it, but I'm glad I went ahead and tried it anyways.

***NOW @ NP***
  25. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Torano's are nice. I've had their Robusto, but it wasn't the maduro. I recently tried Diesel's Unholy ****tail and was really impressed - very dark with tons of flavor. I was reticent because the brand has such a "bro" feeling to it, but I'm glad I went ahead and tried it anyways.
    I'll keep an eye out for that, I tend to like the darker ones, and cedared ones too.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.17%

LOL tsk tsk on the morcilla, y eso that your not on the Island! Imagine how hard it is for me visiting my grandmother every week!!!
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

27. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    LOL tsk tsk on the morcilla, y eso that your not on the Island! Imagine how hard it is for me visiting my grandmother every week!!!
    at least I avoided yucca pasteles. man I wanted one, but figured the fish was better overall
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

just wanted to chime in about how many guys i see cheating on preachers, lol. i know you can do more weight if you don't go all the way down but the range of motion is where preachers really give me that fantastic pump!!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE TURBO/ELIMISTANE/MACAPRO....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0/ADRENOSURGE
  29. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

196 today. took 2 Combustion preworkout, that makes for a nice workout other than the volume of sweat

behind neck wide grip pulldowns 70x10 100x10x10x10x10
    deadlifts 225x6x8 275x6 295x3 225x6
    db preacher curls 35x8x8x8

and my forearms + biceps and respective tendons told me it was time to stop. I went to the preacher curls to give my lower back a little break as I was going to do pendlay rows, but after the curls didn't feel like doing anything. Still felt like it was an effective workout.
  30. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

196 today dammit. after coming in second place in a pool tournament last night, I came home and my daughter had made a batch of organic brownies and I proceeded to drunkenly eat about half of them. The were good, all organic ingredients and she used my coconut oil in place of vegetable oil so a nice coconutty taste in the background too.

shoulder workout today
    single arm seated db press 50x12x10x10x10
    behind back upright row 50x12 70x9 50x10x9
    Skullcrushers 70x12x12x10x10
    db front raises 20x10x10x10x10
    seated dip machine 160x12x11x10

Feeling good. Got my MRI results back though, and the recommendation is to either start lifting "girlie style" or to get surgery :P
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%

196 today dammit. after coming in second place in a pool tournament last night, I came home and my daughter had made a batch of organic brownies and I proceeded to drunkenly eat about half of them. The were good, all organic ingredients and she used my coconut oil in place of vegetable oil so a nice coconutty taste in the background too.

shoulder workout today
    single arm seated db press 50x12x10x10x10
    behind back upright row 50x12 70x9 50x10x9
    Skullcrushers 70x12x12x10x10
    db front raises 20x10x10x10x10
    seated dip machine 160x12x11x10

Feeling good. Got my MRI results back though, and the recommendation is to either start lifting "girlie style" or to get surgery :P
    yummi!!!!

Got Glycophase ...?

32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.28%

MRI? Surgery? Sucky. I've been there, man; more times than I would like.

***NOW @ NP***
  33. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Yeah, some tears, partially severed tendon. I need to get a printout of the MRI findings today

Yesterday did chest a bit differently since I was thinking about the MRI
    machine fly 120x14x12x12x9
    reverse grip smith incline press 90x11 110x8 90x10x10x7 70x8x8
    tricep pushdown 150x10 160x8 140x10x7
    cable crossover setting 8x12 setting 6x15x15x15

felt great, no pain during workout, but this morning the joint hurts.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.78%

I might have missed it, but what bodypart might require surgery?
  35. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by seccsi View Post
    I might have missed it, but what bodypart might require surgery?
    Right shoulder. Its been bothering me for a while, but I've more or less just lifted through the pain. But the MRI showed possible damage that could use surgery
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.78%

Right shoulder. Its been bothering me for a while, but I've more or less just lifted through the pain. But the MRI showed possible damage that could use surgery
    That's sucky man. I'm actually coming back myself from a long layoff due to injury. No fun. I figure it will take me a year to get back to where I was in terms of body composition and strength. So are you going to do the surgery or kinda wait and see?
  37. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

For right now, i'm going to try and rework my routine, give it 2 months and see where its at.
  38. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

welp, today I went with intentions of doing legs + shoulders and ended up with a sort of decent quad workout only...

v-squats 270x5 320x5 360x5 410x5 450x5x5 500x4

and somehow between talking to someone beforehand and the long rests between some of those sets I burned all my time and had to go. still was nice though. I may do some light shoulder work here at the house, I have the powerblocks so I can do a bit.
  39. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.28%

V-squat? I'm unfamiliar with this exercise...

***NOW @ NP***
  40. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

its a plate loaded hammer strength machine

Name:  CS-HSPL_PLVSQ-hero.png
Views: 50
Size:  182.7 KB

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 04:49 PM
  2. Cutting with COMBUSTION (sponsored)
    By Marms in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 04:05 PM
  3. BPS Combustion Sponsored log
    By burymestanding in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 06:48 PM
  4. Dragon93 Burning the fat with Alpha t2 (Sponsored)
    By Dragon93 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 206
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 09:30 PM
  5. difference between burning fat and burning calories
    By Swoldierboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 06:41 PM