The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Page 9 of 16 First ... 4789101114 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"There is only one way to learn. It's through action." - The Alchemist, The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)

After all:

"Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua J. Marin

TRAINING

Day OFF for this week.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Sore, but smiling. Stressed, but happy. Yesterday was just the start of the boulder rolling down the hill!

Recovery: I am just as sore after yesterday's photoshoot as I was after my first Full-Body session two weeks ago when I started back training after a week off!

Body Composition and Look: 111 pounds at 9% bodyfat. Only a 0.2% bodyfat loss over the last week, when everything was perfect re nutrition AND training! I was surprised when I saw that, since I definitely feel that I look leaner, but then again, I have more muscle mass than the last time I was this body composition and that makes a difference. Definition in midsection, back, delts and arms is great - better starting from last night to today (better than for my photoshoot yesterday - go figure, LOL). Even though I am not the body composition that I wanted to be right now, I AM pleased with my progress - after all, even though a bare 0.2% loss over a week is not much, especially with perfect everything and supplement aid, it LOOKS like a lot. 8% bodyfat, and then 7% bodyfat, WILL come!

Other Notes: I had the AWESOMEST day shooting with Tony Mitchell and Katrell of OAMG yesterday! We shot in Lance's Gym in Chicago - been a while since I was in a hardcore gym, and I loved the feel of it - and the OAMG studio. Modeling is still very new to me and I learnt a lot throughout the day. Ironically, it never failed to be that the best shots were taken when I wasn't thinking about it and Tony just took them when I was relaxed or preparing for a look/pose. I definitely need to work on my expressions, making anything that is not a smile natural, being "girly" and "sexy" - since neither are things that are really me - and letting myself "go", stepping into the character of it all. Modeling is very different for me, a challenge as much as stepping on a stage for competition, since it is in direct contrast to my character and who I am (I barely recognized the woman in the mirror after Katrell had done me up, and with the outfits, no one else would either, LOL) - which is good though, challenging me to step "outside" of myself and find the feminine side of me, something I need to do a lot more often. Look forward to seeing the final images - there were some GREAT ones in there (including the "preview" below, which definitely captures and embodies the name of "The Female Terminator" that I have been given, and is one of my favourite - if not THE favourite - images from the shoot)!

Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OMAG

Competition Notes: Eight weeks out (excluding week pre-competition). Posing Practice starts tomorrow (changes reflected in post #1). I WAS going to change my training up, but I'm going to keep it as it is, since I now have another photoshoot on Saturday, and a couple more in June - told you I was on a roll . . .
    Photo looks great Rosie! Glad you got to enjoy it. Keep up the hard work!

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Photo looks great Rosie! Glad you got to enjoy it. Keep up the hard work!
    Thanks, bud Absolutely! I'm not where I want to be yet re figure, and it doesn't ease up until I AM.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Trophy of Grace

"God wants to use your weaknesses, not just your strengths. If all people see are your strengths, they get discouraged and think, "Well, good for her, but I'll never be able to do that." But when they see God using you in spite of your weaknesses, it encourages them to think, "Maybe God can use me!"...At some point in your life you must decide whether you want to impress people or influence people...See yourself as a trophy of grace." - The Purpose Driven Life (Rick Warren)

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Step Ups (onto bench) 6 x 12 per leg
    2. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumop 6 x 24
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on DB) 6 x 10
    4. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 6 x 10
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Seated DB Shoulder Press 6 x 12
    6. DB Lateral Raises 6 x 12
    Alternate Set D -
    7. Dips 6 x 10
    8. Incline DB Bicep Curls 6 x 12
    Alternate Set E -
    9. Rope Crunches 6 x 12
    10. Bicycle 6 x 24

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 102-106 rpm

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours. Deep. Unbroken. For the first time in ages. Deep.

Mood/Aggression: I have been through a full spectrum re mood today. Calm and collected now, though, mind in a good place.

Energy: Used a scoop of Mesomorph today (instead of Assault). I definitely notice the difference using Geranium when I haven't for ages. Energy was great; no faltering today in the gym. Have not crashed yet, either (not likely to, either).

Mental Focus and Clarity: My head is back to racing at a million miles an hour! My mind is as clear and focused as it can get.

Stress: HIGH.

Endurance: Great!

Strength: This week's sessions, like the last couple of weeks, are not going to be about strength (so won't comment here this week).

Pump: EVERYWHERE!

Vascularity: More noticeable on the gold.

Quality of Training: HIIT was GREAT. Aside from the pain in my right side under right breast that has been there for the last week during this, I was back to form with my sprints, explosive and fast, feeling really good . . . Resistance session was good as well. My legs were suffering when I started - mostly from not having properly recovered from Saturday - and I had to sit down hard between alternate sets of Legs, my heart pounding, but it was worth it. There was no want-to-just-be-done-as-soon-as-possible today as there was last week, and I didn't look like the dead walking. Loved the way definition was looking in the mirror - even better than the weekend. Practiced posing between alternate sets too . . . Rollers was "recovery" afterwards . . .

Recovery: I woke up this morning in PAIN - like I did yesterday, still not recovered completely from Saturday (goes to show how intense it was and how demanding holding even a lighter weight for an extended period of time, and posing, can take a lot out of one). My legs and lower to mid back is what's killing me right now, but I'm used to it.

Body Composition and Look: Even though I may not be as "lean" as I was for my competition last October, I definitely LOOK it, and certainly look a LOT better than I did then. I am pleased with that - building that extra muscle mass in my deltoids and arms has been hard work for sure, but very rewarding. Here's to just getting leaner and leaner, overcoming obstacles life throws in my way, conquering my personal demons to achieve my goals!

Other Notes: I don't always put everything out there re my personal struggles and issues, but there is a lot about me that I have had to overcome, and the road has not been easy by any means. I am a Trophy of Grace, a living testament that God can make ANYthing possible, that no matter what weaknesses you have, whether they be physical, mental or something else, He can use them for good and shine His glory through you and use you to do great things, more than you could ever have dreamed of! As you submit to Him, life becomes something else altogether, a journey that just gets better and better, as you learn more about yourself and what you are capable of doing (like for the first time in my life, being able to see something of beauty, instead of the me that I see in my mind, catching a glimpse of the Rosie that perhaps others perceive - reflected in the image below, another "preview" from Saturday).

Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OAMG

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

CRASH! WTF?!

"What you still need to know is this: before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we've learned as we've moved toward that dream. That's the point at which most people give up...Every search begins with beginner's luck. And every search ends with the victor's being severely tested." - The Alchemist, The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)

TRAINING

Cardio - CrossRamp:
    10 min in R10/CR10

Legs/Chest/Back (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 6 x 12
    2. Alternate Backward DB Lunges 6 x 12
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Flat BB Bench Press 6 x 12-15
    4. V-Bar Close-Grip Seated Row 6 x 12-15

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Woke after ~5 hours, and passed out for another three. Lay down in the afternoon and passed out for a little while as well.

Mood/Aggression: Surprisingly, just flat.

Energy: I'm exhausted today. I DID cut my training session short because I WAS so exhausted (almost falling over in the gym) which is rare for me to do, since I keep on pushing myself regardless, and when I felt like this last week, I soldiered on. But, this was a different fatigue than last week, and even breathing has been an issue for me today. It was NOT me "giving up" - not at all; rather, it was me knowing when enough is ENOUGH, being smart, knowing the difference between a complaint of my body and a SCREAM. Honestly, I feel like I used to feel if I hadn't been using stimulants for a day or so back when I was heavily dependent on them to function, almost like I have CRASHED BIG time, and I don't understand it!

Endurance: Ok.

Pump: Legs.

Quality of Training: CrossRamp was just a brief "warm-up" pre-weights . . . Resistance session started off ok. As I started into Alternate Set B, my head started pounding and my energy levels just suddenly DRAINED away. I felt like I did last week, except there was no aggression or frustration behind the wanting to finish early. I pushed on, continued to finish Alternate Set B, and started on Alternate Set C. However, after the first set, I KNEW, and just put the weight down and went home, planning on finishing the session later in the day . . . No rollers for recovery once at home. Nothing. There was just nothing in me for some reason . . . My resistance session won't get finished tonight, though, not after waking mid-afternoon in no better condition . . .

Recovery: My legs and back are no longer in pain, all DOMS gone. However, the pain seems to have been replaced by fatigue. Odd.

Other Notes: I asked Jeff if I could please try the new Red Raspberry (since I love fruit, berries some of my favourite fruit, red raspberries my favourite berry - plus BCAAs are an ESSENTIAL staple in my supplement arsenal) flavoured RecoverPRO and he was great enough to send me an entire TUB (42 servings), so I am going to be using this until I am finished with it (changes reflected in post #1), resuming my use of BC+EAA afterwards.

5. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

"God wants to use your weaknesses, not just your strengths. If all people see are your strengths, they get discouraged and think, "Well, good for her, but I'll never be able to do that." But when they see God using you in spite of your weaknesses, it encourages them to think, "Maybe God can use me!"...At some point in your life you must decide whether you want to impress people or influence people...See yourself as a trophy of grace." - The Purpose Driven Life (Rick Warren)

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    c. 4 min jogging

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Step Ups (onto bench) 6 x 12 per leg
    2. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumop 6 x 24
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on DB) 6 x 10
    4. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 6 x 10
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Seated DB Shoulder Press 6 x 12
    6. DB Lateral Raises 6 x 12
    Alternate Set D -
    7. Dips 6 x 10
    8. Incline DB Bicep Curls 6 x 12
    Alternate Set E -
    9. Rope Crunches 6 x 12
    10. Bicycle 6 x 24

20 min in 39x18 @ 102-106 rpm

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours. Deep. Unbroken. For the first time in ages. Deep.

Mood/Aggression: I have been through a full spectrum re mood today. Calm and collected now, though, mind in a good place.

Energy: Used a scoop of Mesomorph today (instead of Assault). I definitely notice the difference using Geranium when I haven't for ages. Energy was great; no faltering today in the gym. Have not crashed yet, either (not likely to, either).

Mental Focus and Clarity: My head is back to racing at a million miles an hour! My mind is as clear and focused as it can get.

Endurance: Great!

Strength: This week's sessions, like the last couple of weeks, are not going to be about strength (so won't comment here this week).

Pump: EVERYWHERE!

Vascularity: More noticeable on the gold.

Quality of Training: HIIT was GREAT. Aside from the pain in my right side under right breast that has been there for the last week during this, I was back to form with my sprints, explosive and fast, feeling really good . . . Resistance session was good as well. My legs were suffering when I started - mostly from not having properly recovered from Saturday - and I had to sit down hard between alternate sets of Legs, my heart pounding, but it was worth it. There was no want-to-just-be-done-as-soon-as-possible today as there was last week, and I didn't look like the dead walking. Loved the way definition was looking in the mirror - even better than the weekend. Practiced posing between alternate sets too . . . Rollers was "recovery" afterwards . . .

Recovery: I woke up this morning in PAIN - like I did yesterday, still not recovered completely from Saturday (goes to show how intense it was and how demanding holding even a lighter weight for an extended period of time, and posing, can take a lot out of one). My legs and lower to mid back is what's killing me right now, but I'm used to it.

Body Composition and Look: Even though I may not be as "lean" as I was for my competition last October, I definitely LOOK it, and certainly look a LOT better than I did then. I am pleased with that - building that extra muscle mass in my deltoids and arms has been hard work for sure, but very rewarding. Here's to just getting leaner and leaner, overcoming obstacles life throws in my way, conquering my personal demons to achieve my goals!

Other Notes: I don't always put everything out there re my personal struggles and issues, but there is a lot about me that I have had to overcome, and the road has not been easy by any means. I am a Trophy of Grace, a living testament that God can make ANYthing possible, that no matter what weaknesses you have, whether they be physical, mental or something else, He can use them for good and shine His glory through you and use you to do great things, more than you could ever have dreamed of! As you submit to Him, life becomes something else altogether, a journey that just gets better and better, as you learn more about yourself and what you are capable of doing (like for the first time in my life, being able to see something of beauty, instead of the me that I see in my mind, catching a glimpse of the Rosie that perhaps others perceive - reflected in the image below, another "preview" from Saturday).

Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OAMG
    Perfection is to less of a word Rosie! outstanding!
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Perfection is to less of a word Rosie! outstanding!
    You're so sweet, Chris Thank you. Nice to see you back!

7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.57%

You're so sweet, Chris Thank you. Nice to see you back!
    Wait... I got one better.. "We are all artists, and your body is your canvas... and you have just painted your MASTERPIECE!!!"
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Always a great log and amazing photos Rosie!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.57%

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Could not Agree more!
    www.finaflex.com
  10. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Wait... I got one better.. "We are all artists, and your body is your canvas... and you have just painted your MASTERPIECE!!!"
    It's the START of a masterpiece - I'm not there YET

Could not Agree more!
    Thanks, guys I got the contact sheet from the photographer today - there are some great shots in there. I definitely need to get a LOT leaner for my next photoshoot though (had to postpone the one on Saturday - see next paragraph), since, although I can see definition in the mirror in my bathroom, in a studio with all the lights, etc., it's a different story, and I'm a little disappointed that that definition didn't come out much in my images (leaning out is my TOP priority re body now!), albeit stoked with the way most of them did turn out (like Chris, those who know me will be like "Is that really ROSIE?!").

On another note, I am still as fatigued as ever from yesterday, and have spent the day curled up into a small ball with a scalding wheatie on my stomach, feeling again like someone is twisting and trying to rip my insides out Hoping I feel ok tomorrow, so that I can get back into training!

11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.57%

It's the START of a masterpiece - I'm not there YET
    Well, you are definitely well on your way, keep up the GREAT work and keep those quotes coming, seriously, that is some Awesome motivation!

Thanks, guys I got the contact sheet from the photographer today - there are some great shots in there. I definitely need to get a LOT leaner for my next photoshoot though (had to postpone the one on Saturday - see next paragraph), since, although I can see definition in the mirror in my bathroom, in a studio with all the lights, etc., it's a different story, and I'm a little disappointed that that definition didn't come out much in my images (leaning out is my TOP priority re body now!), albeit stoked with the way most of them did turn out (like Chris, those who know me will be like "Is that really ROSIE?!").

On another note, I am still as fatigued as ever from yesterday, and have spent the day curled up into a small ball with a scalding wheatie on my stomach, feeling again like someone is twisting and trying to rip my insides out Hoping I feel ok tomorrow, so that I can get back into training!
    Sorry you are feeling bad, I do hope you feel better!
    www.finaflex.com
  12. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Well, you are definitely well on your way, keep up the GREAT work and keep those quotes coming, seriously, that is some Awesome motivation!

Sorry you are feeling bad, I do hope you feel better!
    Quotes will always be here - I need the motivation as much as anyone some days, even if just to make sure I give training my all, since I generally train regardless of how I feel.

No need to be sorry - sh*t happens, LOL. I better be back to "normal" by the end of the week, though. I've come to the conclusion that I need an "easier" week every third week, since I pushed myself pretty hard the last two weeks, and this is what happened last time in the few months before I had my week off two weeks ago. Taking it "easy" is so very HARD - but, I HAVE to learn it and LISTEN to my body

13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.57%

Quote will always be here - I need the motivation as much as anyone some days, even if just to make sure I give training my all, since I generally train regardless of how I feel.

No need to be sorry - sh*t happens, LOL. I better be back to "normal" by the end of the week, though. I've come to the conclusion that I need an "easier" week every third week, since I pushed myself pretty hard the last two weeks, and this is what happened last time in the few months before I had my week off two weeks ago. Taking it "easy" is so very HARD - but, I HAVE to learn it and LISTEN to my body
    "Listening to your body" So very True! Masterpiece yet or not... I'm a Fan Ms. Picasso!
    www.finaflex.com
  14. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Transcend Limitations

"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and your discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be." - Patanjali

TRAINING

Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 106-108 rpm

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~10 hours!!! My sore stomach is taking more out of me than I think (although I should have already known and expected it, since last time it did this).

Mood/Aggression: Gathering myself - thoughts and body. Getting ready for what is to come.

Energy: No energy again today, but I made sure to do SOME training.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Better than the yesterday, which was a fog.

Endurance: Fine.

Quality of Training: My stomach has still been causing me issues today, but I took 20 minutes out from the wheatie and settled on the rollers (which was ok, since I was in a bent over position). Just an easy session.

Recovery: Cardio is actually my scheduled training for today, so I am just going to continue training as scheduled, instead of trying to "make up" any missed sessions this week.

Appetite: The last few days I have been RAVENOUS! My body is craving salt and sugar - the sugar I can understand, given that I am a carbohydrate addict, but the salt is new. My appetite has been endless, and I've been eating like there's no tomorrow. NOT good, but maybe useful re "recovery" this week, after the last two weeks . . .

Body Composition and Look: I've gained ~4 pounds since the weekend, but it's mostly all food and water weight, understandable from the way I have been eating, and it doesn't bother me, since I know it will all go once I am training and eating as normal. I can still see the definition though, and I know we are all our own worst critics, but I am a little disappointed that it didn't show as well in my photoshoot (although there were some GREAT shots!) as it does in the bathroom mirror, LOL - just goes to show that lighting and posing re body position makes a HUGE difference to how one can look.

Other Notes: Because of the last few days re fatigue and stomach issues, this Saturday's photoshoot has been postponed until I am back up to par. Not to fear - Ryan, you're right; I'm the Female Terminator and I'm just going to get straight back up and fight back!

15. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Initial Impressions of AI Sports Nutrition's RecoverPRO (Red Raspberry flavour)

What is it?

* Faster Recovery and Lean Muscle Gains
    * Unique 4:1:1 BCAA Ratio

For more information on the product, please review AI Sports Nutrition :: RecoverPRO.

Smell: 7/10. Smells like raspberries, but with a hint of something else almost artificial, like the smell/taste of a raspberry flavoured ice-cream, if that makes any sense.

Taste: 10/10. Definitely tastes a lot better than it smells! Like red raspberries. There was also a hint of sweet tartness in there, like I get when eating real raspberries. Until now, Organic VitaBerry > GreenMAG > Green Apple Assault were my favourite flavours re products, but now I have a new #1 flavour of any product!

Solubility: 10/10. On shaking there was no trace of the powder and no clumps or excess was left in the water or on the bottom of the shaker - although bubbles and froth were left on top of the liquid, rapidly dissolving.

Texture: 10/10. Like fruit juice diluted with water.

BCAAs are a STAPLE product in my supplement arsenal, so going to enjoy the time I have on this tub of RecoverPRO

16. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Rosie I don't see your picture. Its just a little icon where the picture should go. Too bad about your pain in your stomach. I seem to have that today also, weird. I had cardio today and hopefully the pain will be gone by tomorrow morning. If not I'm just gonna push through it.

Just remember its how you react to your setback that determines success or failure. Hmm...I guess seeing all your quotes and hard work has me motivated also. Thank you!.
  17. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Rosie I don't see your picture. Its just a little icon where the picture should go. Too bad about your pain in your stomach. I seem to have that today also, weird. I had cardio today and hopefully the pain will be gone by tomorrow morning. If not I'm just gonna push through it.

Just remember its how you react to your setback that determines success or failure. Hmm...I guess seeing all your quotes and hard work has me motivated also. Thank you!.
    Re avatar, I can see it - maybe an issue with your computer or something?

Yeah, I have been having this on and off for the last couple of months. I never get used to it though, and every time I have it is no fun. I can crash on my bike going 50km/hr and be ok, but I am seriously like a baby when it comes to this pain.

"It's how you react to your setback that determines success or failure." Absolutely. I wasn't given the name "The Female terminator" for nothing - like I said, "I'm just going to get straight back up and fight back!"

18. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Its not the avatar its the picture in the thread that says "Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OAMG" under it. There is no picture just a little icon. Not sure why I don't see a picture. Good luck with recovery and hope your next workout goes well.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

"It's how you react to your setback that determines success or failure." Absolutely. I wasn't given the name "The Female terminator" for nothing - like I said, "I'm just going to get straight back up and fight back!"
    You got this

20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.93%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Weird I can see the pic.

Great review rosie! I'll be honest you have me sold, I'll be ordering some my next Nutra order, I'm on the lean gains diet and need something yummy to drink through the day LOL
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  21. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Its not the avatar its the picture in the thread that says "Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OAMG" under it. There is no picture just a little icon. Not sure why I don't see a picture. Good luck with recovery and hope your next workout goes well.
    Must just be your computer, T . . . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    You got this
    Thanks, Ryan. The support and encouragement of you guys is something that definitely helps me kick myself harder sometimes, especially when I slip into the darker dark places that I find it hard to get myself out of.

Weird I can see the pic.

Great review rosie! I'll be honest you have me sold, I'll be ordering some my next Nutra order, I'm on the lean gains diet and need something yummy to drink through the day LOL
    Someone actually asked me on Facebook re comparison of RecoverPRO to other BCAA products. Honestly, if I was going to use a BCAA product, looking at the formulas alone, it would be either BC+EAA (which I have been using for the last ~3 years) or RecoverPRO. I am sold, too

22. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

[Mini] Review of APS Nutrition's Mesomorph (Tropical Punch flavour)

Mesomorph has been getting a lot of attention, mostly because of the Creatine Nitrate in its ingredient profile. It is definitely a product that Sean has been interested in trying for a long time, and eventually I just got him a tub. A tub that sat in the cupboard (he was using it) until Monday before I used a scoop. Yes, I was not tempted to use it, despite the great feedback I've seen on it and Sean's raving on about how much he loves it. Honestly, since I started using Assault at the start of the year, I have had NO interest in trying any other preworkout product, because Assault meets my needs, especially since I do NOT have to stack myriad stimulants alongside it for daily function (which I have had to do in the past). However, I finally agreed to use a SINGLE SCOOP of Mesomorph as a favour to someone, so that I can say I have used it and comment on my experience with it.

What is it?

* No upset stomach or bloating!
    * Alpha-Male aggression.
    * Endless endurance.
    * Most comprehensive Thermo-energy matrix ever put in a pre-workout powder.
    * Skin-splitting vascularity and insane pumps!
    * Maximize Strength, Stamina, & Recovery!
    * Eliminate Lactic Acid & Toxins!
    * Boost Immunity & Eliminate Free Radicals with Optimal Antioxidant Delivery!

For more information on the product, please review APS :: Mesomorph.

Smell: Tropical Punch flavoured Mesomorph smells fruity, but with a hint of something else.

Taste: I did NOT like the taste at all. Unpleasant, but not the worst tasting supplement I have used. Nothing like Tropical Punch - the taste was actually a shock to me, and I drank it FAST.

Solubility: On shaking there was no trace of the powder and no clumps or excess was left in the water or on the bottom of the shaker.

Texture: Like fruit juice diluted with water.

Aggression: Actually, my aggression was not as high as the week before, where I was easily aggravated and training only served to bring it out more instead of calm me. During training I was relatively relaxed, if tired. I went through a full spectrum of emotion on the day I used Mesomorph, though, pre AND post-training.

Endurance and Stamina: After the weekend and the way my body was feeling, I was dreading training on Monday. However, once I started training, my body responded and got me through. My HIIT was explosive, after the lacklustre HIIT of the week prior. Endurance throughout training was back to being great.

Thermogenesis: This was no different than usual.

Vascularity: This was excellent, and definitely more noticeable now that I have a tan.

Pumps: I had excellent pumps, which is normal anyways, since I did a Full-Body session.

Strength: The resistance session I did after using Mesomorph was NOT about strength.

Recovery: I was still sore from Saturday when I started my resistance training. Legs were suffering a little, but by the end of my session I was ok and the pain was not as noticeable. Energy lasted throughout the day, which was interesting, considering I have been faltering after my training over the last week.

Immune System: I can't really comment here.

Other Effects: ~10 minutes after dosing Mesomorph I started shaking, like shivering when I am extremely cold, which was odd, a reaction likely caused by the stimulants in it, given that I have not used anything more than the 150-300mg of caffeine a day (from Assault usage) since the start of the year. The shakes lasted for ~20-30 minutes. The only other effect I experienced was strong Beta-Alanine tingles. No bloating or upset stomach either (the stomach issues I have been experiencing over the last two days I have been dealing with on and off for the last few months and has nothing to do with Mesomorph).

Overall: I only used a single scoop of Mesomorph once, which is not enough to give an overall score, and I would need to have used it for a prolonged period of time to give a real evaluation on it. However, I WILL note something interesting - the day that I used Mesomorph I was great re energy, but on Tuesday I had barely any energy, and this went into Wednesday. On Tuesday I actually cut my training short because of the way I was feeling, something very rare for me to do, and as I mentioned on Tuesday, "I feel like I used to feel if I hadn't been using stimulants for a day or so back when I was heavily dependent on them to function, almost like I have CRASHED BIG time, and I don't understand it!" and I wonder if this was an effect from having used Mesomorph, the Geranium in it, if it did not possibly affect me until later. Like I said, interesting - and something that would need prolonged use to determine if because of Mesomorph or not.

Would I use again? No - however, that is not because of the formula or that the product is ineffective, but for personal reasons. Using the one scoop that I did was only as a favour for those who have been wanting me to use Mesomorph, and I actually dragged my feet to do this, since using Assault and having that work for me, I have been reluctant to use anything that has strong stimulants in it, because I have an addictive personality, and with my stimulant abuse history, know how easy it would be for me to go back to that, and I don't want to.

Would I recommend? Mesomorph's formula is solid. It's either a product you will love or hate, use or not use, depending on your goals and needs and other individual factors (like with me).

23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.67%

I think its about time I sub into one of the epic/legendary Rosie logs. Ill see if I can catch up over the weekend.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as/IS NOT medical advice. All workout programs/protocols, diets,
    and/or supplementation NEEDS to be discussed with the appropriate medical professional. Consult your doctor about any health concerns you may have.
  24. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    I think its about time I sub into one of the epic/legendary Rosie logs. Ill see if I can catch up over the weekend.
    Hey you - want to see what all the fuss is about, LOL

25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

very detailed review of the mesomorph, rosie.....thanks for giving it a try, and sorry it didn't work out well for you.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE TURBO/ELIMISTANE/MACAPRO....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0/ADRENOSURGE
  26. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    very detailed review of the mesomorph, rosie.....thanks for giving it a try, and sorry it didn't work out well for you.
    No worries, Tom Oh, it worked fine for me - my reasons for not using it more are personal though, as explained re the stimulant situation and how easily it would be for me to get addicted again (and I don't want to, having taken this long to wean myself off them). So, nothing against Mesomorph - it's just not for me.

27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

No worries, Tom Oh, it worked fine for me - my reasons for not using it more are personal though, as explained re the stimulant situation and how easily it would be for me to get addicted again (and I don't want to, having taken this long to wean myself off them). So, nothing against Mesomorph - it's just not for me.
    i understand completely. one of these days i will wean myself off stims-i hope, lol.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE TURBO/ELIMISTANE/MACAPRO....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0/ADRENOSURGE
  28. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

A Way of Life

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    c. 8 min jogging

Shoulders/Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between trisets):
    Triset A -
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 10
    2. BB Military Press 4 x 10
    3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per side
    Triset B -
    4. Dips 4 x 10
    5. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 12
    6. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 12 per side
    Triset C -
    7. Seated Cable Crunches 4 x 12
    8. Reverse Curls (on floor) 4 x 12
    9. Bicycle 4 x 24

Stretch 25 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: 7-8 hours. Hmmmmm.

Mood/Aggression: Mood has been pretty good today.

Energy: Although far from "normal" yet, my energy is returning.

Mental Focus and Clarity: My mind is "making up" for my lack of energy with all the thinking and work it's been doing.

Stress: High.

Endurance: Good.

Vascularity: YES!

Quality of Training: HIIT was ok. Explosive, although faltering during the last couple of sprints, as breathing suddenly became very difficult, adding to the sore stomach, lasting until I finished the run . . . Resistance training was ok. I was determined to get it done, since it's been two days since I've done one. Got through, despite the sharp pain in my temples after every set of Dip (which was odd). Finished with the weights - no rollers afterwards . . .

Other Notes: From next week on, almost every week is going to be a "mock week-pre-competition" week, since my body is no longer being predictable in its responses to nutrition OR training, to find the best method to get me the progress and results I want, because I want to be IN competition condition 3-4 weeks out!

29. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Risk and Inspire

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES OF THE DAY

"Take some risks people, what's the worst that can happen? You fail, the reward is greater if you succeed. And can you handle the failure? Of course you can if you're mentally tough you can handle ANYTHING, yes anything." - John Smeton

"It doesn't matter how many times you fall down in life. It matters how many times you get up. Did you know that on average, successful people fail three times more often than unsuccessful people? It's true! What matters most in life is not necessarily what's happening right now. What matters most is how you finish. Are you going to finish strong? Are you going to make a difference in this world?" - Bill Willis

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

TRAINING

HIIT - Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x18 @ 102 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x17 (rpm N/A)
    c. 12 min in 39x18 @ 110 rpm

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Rudely woken and pretty much shoved out of bed today

Mood/Aggression: Quiet. Confident. Determined.

Energy: Hell yeah, baby!

Mental Focus and Clarity: Awesome.

Endurance: Great.

Quality of Training: Decided to do another HIIT session (to get my three sessions done this week), but on the rollers today (to give my body a break from sprints). It has been a LONG time since doing HIIT on the rollers, and trust me, it as a LOT harder than sprinting! Heart pounding after every effort. Felt good though, even though I could feel my sore stomach (yes, still painful, although more of a dull ache now, instead of the sharp pain it was earlier this week) throughout.

Recovery: After the lack of training this week my body should be well recovered for NEXT week.

Other Notes: Have I ever mentioned how much I DISlike the addition of Beta-Alanine to products?

Competition Notes: Eight weeks out from competition now. Seven weeks to get into competition condition. Really 3-4 weeks to get into competition condition, since I want to be there ~4 weeks out! . . . Because of the way this week has been, I haven't really done any posing practice, so I will be starting that with a vengeance next week . . . I CAN do this!!!

30. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Get out there and get what you want!

"Don't let fear of a failure stop you from showing everyone how great you are. Failure is one of the building blocks to greatness. Now get out there and get what you want." - Nate Tillson

TRAINING

None - this week's scheduled Day Off (although I DID spend an hour out in the heat of the day mowing the lawns for "active recovery", LOL).

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Severe high and lows. Serious rollercoaster today.

Energy: Returning - should be back to "normal" next week!

Mental Focus and Clarity: Been working through a lot of things today.

Body Composition and Look: 10% bodyfat . So, gained 1% bodyfat over the last week - not surprising given the way I have been feeling and the lack of training whilst eating almost uncontrollably everything in sight! But VERY disappointed in myself (I NEVER want to go above 10% bodyfat in my life ever again, maintaining close to 8% once I get back there)! A 1% bodyfat increase in a week. If I can gain it, then I can LOSE it (and I HAVE lost 1% bodyfat in a week before)!

Other Notes: Because I want to lose ~1% bodyfat a week from now on, I went back over my training and nutrition to the week where I DID do this, and I am going to implement that training and nutritional regime from now on. So, from tomorrow, training will be (changes reflected in post #1):

Monday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders/Hamstrings

Tuesday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Arms/Abs

Wednesday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min

Thursday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Back/Chest

Friday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body

Saturday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min

Sunday: Day Off

Competition Notes: Posing Practice didn't happen this week, so I will be starting this tomorrow (changes reflected in post #1).

31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.74%

Oh I am so behind on this log, great pix Rosie (incl avi) they definitely are different and have lovely composition, the photographer seems very talented and you look great!! I would love to invest in something like that someday.
    I've only skimmed over but I'll be reading everything soon in detail
    Keep it going Rosie.

Oh and that last quote, after the week I've had was just perfect ....thanx for that
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.67%

you remind me i need to stretch...a lot more...dang haha

That and i need to do more steady state cardio post lift to induce more lipolysis. Speed up the cut a bit.

Great log thus far. May need to try Assault after all the praise. Sounds very performance oriented which is nice.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as/IS NOT medical advice. All workout programs/protocols, diets,
    and/or supplementation NEEDS to be discussed with the appropriate medical professional. Consult your doctor about any health concerns you may have.
  33. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Oh I am so behind on this log, great pix Rosie (incl avi) they definitely are different and have lovely composition, the photographer seems very talented and you look great!! I would love to invest in something like that someday.
    I've only skimmed over but I'll be reading everything soon in detail
    Keep it going Rosie.

Oh and that last quote, after the week I've had was just perfect ....thanx for that
    Thanks, lady Tony is an awesome photographer and I can't wait to work with him again!

Glad I could help

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    you remind me i need to stretch...a lot more...dang haha

That and i need to do more steady state cardio post lift to induce more lipolysis. Speed up the cut a bit.

Great log thus far. May need to try Assault after all the praise. Sounds very performance oriented which is nice.
    Stretching is very important - just one of the many habits from my cycling days.

Usually ANY cardio I do is HIGH intensity, but the lower intensity rollers has helped me recover. I must say that I DO notice a difference re fat loss when I do post-weights cardio, regardless of the intensity, and it is one factor that I have to do - a second pm cardio session is not so necessary, and besids, my body LOVES the longer overall training sessions for function!

34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I like the log Rosie! Nice to see such good all around info from training to reviews. Looking forward to see how you do in the upcoming weeks with all the things you got going on.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  35. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I like the log Rosie! Nice to see such good all around info from training to reviews. Looking forward to see how you do in the upcoming weeks with all the things you got going on.
    Hey - nice to see you here

36. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Attitude is Everything

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES OF THE DAY

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens." - Kahil Gribran

"There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative." - W. Clement Stone

"It's not a matter of can or cannot, it's a matter of will or will not, everything is a choice, choose wisely." - Ed Hillenbrand

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 6 x 15, 12, 10, 10, 10, 8
    2. BB Military Press 6 x 12, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 6 x 12 per arm
    4. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 6 x 12

20 min in 39x18 @ 102 rpm

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: The latest I have fallen asleep in a while. Slept for nearly 10 hours. Woke with a POUNDING migraine (that has lasted all day), but refreshed, if you can understand that.

Mood/Aggression: Has had its up and downs - mostly UP, though. Positive attitude in what the future holds, knowing that I WILL achieve what I want to!

Energy: Despite the migraine, yes, have had lots of energy today.

Endurance: Great.

Strength: Better than the last time I did this session.

Quality of Training: HIIT was good. Sprints passed quickly, a high speed endurance . . . Resistance session was great. Burning during some of the first twp exercises, but gritted teeth and loved it . . . Rollers afterwards to help re recovery . . .

Recovery: I feel fresh

Other Notes: I don't "diet" and never really have (even for my competition last year), but this time around, I am changing what I do, because what used to work for me now no longer does effectively. I will still be using an amalgamation of the nutritional methods and diet principles that I have been, but I am going to be a LOT STRICTER, since until now, I have been very loose even with those. The biggest change though, is that I am going to be following Layne Norton's Mesomorph fat loss caloric (a LOT lower than what I am used to) and macronutrient recommendations with those principles. So, it WILL definitely be interesting.

37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.39%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Rosie, you are truly blessed. I pray God blesses you during this time with increased focus, rest, and strength. I know you will do outstanding. It makes me so excited to start prepping for my next show next year in Texas. I am deployed rightnow just trying to stay inspired and you help quite a bit. Thanks and I wish you all the best God can give you.
  38. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Rosie, you are truly blessed. I pray God blesses you during this time with increased focus, rest, and strength. I know you will do outstanding. It makes me so excited to start prepping for my next show next year in Texas. I am deployed rightnow just trying to stay inspired and you help quite a bit. Thanks and I wish you all the best God can give you.
    Thank you, bud What show are you planning on doing?

39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.47%

Very nice review on the APS - Mesomorph Rosie. Very detailed

//CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  40. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Very nice review on the APS - Mesomorph Rosie. Very detailed

//CC
    Cheers, bud. Just my experience and honest commentary

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 07:09 PM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 07:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 06:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12