The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Review of LG Sciences' Reformulated LipoBURN

What is it?

LipoBURN is a topical that:
* Decreases cellulite
* Reduces fat, especially in hips, buttocks and thighs

Feel: LipoBURN is non-greasy to put on, but once on makes the skin feel a little like I've got sunscreen on.

Spreadability: LipoBURN spreads over the skin and mixes into it very easily. However, the last few days of each bottle, it did NOT rub IN very well, but left a white residue that had to be rubbed vigorously to get it in properly.

Decrease Cellulite: I don't have a lot of cellulite to lose, and what dimples there were remained unaffected during my usage of the reformulated LipoBURN.

Reduce Fat: I started the reformulated LipoBURN 20 June. On the 17 June, I was 107.6 pounds at 8.3% bodyfat, and 24 June, I was 107.2 pounds at 8% bodyfat, so my starting body composition was between 8-8.3% bodyfat. Therefore, over the time that I used the reformulated LipoBURN, my body composition decreased and then increased, ending at 110.6 pounds at 8.3% bodyfat (do note that this measurement was taken four days after finishing LipoBURN - the bottle lasted me 10 days - to ensure all water retention was gone). Body composition and mass aside, the definition in my shoulders, arms, and legs concurrently improved over the course of my usage of the reformulated LipoBURN, with a 0.5 cm decrease in my thigh girth. Also note that, albeit not planned, my training volume was severely decreased from 27 June, ~3 days before finishing the reformulated LipoBURN.

Other Effects: Vascularity increased dramatically on applying LipoBURN after a hot shower. One very noticeable effect that occurred with the reformulated LipoBURN that did NOT with the original was water retention, which lasted from the time I started using the product, taking several days to go away after running out of it.

Overall: See comments below. Please note that I use LipoBURN ALL OVER (a habit from the first time I used it, since I used to use a body moisturizer, and just replaced it with the LipoBURN when I started using it), which means I use ~8 pumps each application, which is twice the recommended dosage daily.

Differences between LipoBURN (original) and LipoBURN (reformulated): There were two main differences between the original and reformulated versions of LipoBURN: 1) The reformulated version has a slight raspberry scent (from the addition of Raspberry Ketones), and 2) The reformulated version caused water retention in my midsection and legs during usage of the product. This second difference is the primary reason why I personally prefer the ORIGINAL LipoBURN, which is very effective for me, so much so that I use it as a staple, especially since my body almost perpetually recomps.

Would I use it again? Honestly, I prefer the ORIGINAL LipoBURN to the refomulated version, and as long as it is available, I will continue to use it.

Would I recommend? Generally I would NOT recommend a topical fat loss product. I would recommend making sure that the key component to fat loss - DIET - was targeted at fat loss, and that training was structured appropriately, before I would even consider recommending a fat loss supplement/product (and unless you're relatively lean to begin with and just want to lose that last 1-2% BF, then I wouldn't recommend at all). But, in saying that, if diet and exercise are right, then just that little something extra can be recommended. Since everyone is different, the reformulated LipoBURN might not have the water retention effect in everyone, so whether the original or reformulated version is used, if the product is considered, would be up to the individual.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Yes you can Rosie. You can and Will get this done and in the books. God Bless.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder why it would cause water retention, hmmm...

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tow weeks out!:biggthumpup: I'm still here:)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder why it would cause water retention, hmmm...
Likely the lack of Theophylline in the reformulated version - to me, that was the ingredient that made the difference and set LipoBURN apart from other topicals (much like Suma Root was the ingredient that set Assault apart from all other preworkout products, and withOUT it is not as effective for me!) That's just my personal experience and observation though (we all know how contrary my body likes to be with the effects and results it gets from and with everything) - it may not be the same for everyone else.

Tow weeks out!:biggthumpup: I'm still here:)
I know - it's come up pretty fast and will pass even faster! Thanks, Ryan :)

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the positive winning attitude Rosie! You'll do great in the competition. It's getting close now.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the positive winning attitude Rosie! You'll do great in the competition. It's getting close now.
Thanks for the confidence - I hope so. The last week has not been great, and next week is not going to be a lot better - a lot of changes and travel re work, etc. and not a lot of time for training, pretty much turning my life upside down and inside out, which is far from ideal this close to competition. I physically feel like I've gone backwards, and now I have a week to try and get back to where I was, but better. Trying to stay positive. I can only do what I can do, but it's going to take more than a little luck to achieve what I want next week, and I'm going to make sure it's as best I can from here on out!

I apologize for those who have been following, but with everything going on, I haven't had much time for anything but work, and this is probably going to be my last post until after competition and life has settled down somewhat. Just know that I am grateful for all your support!

~Rosie~

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think anyone here needs you to apologize, we understand you do the best you can and we all wish you success at the competition.

Last edited:
kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the confidence - I hope so. The last week has not been great, and next week is not going to be a lot better - a lot of changes and travel re work, etc. and not a lot of time for training, pretty much turning my life upside down and inside out, which is far from ideal this close to competition. I physically feel like I've gone backwards, and now I have a week to try and get back to where I was, but better. Trying to stay positive. I can only do what I can do, but it's going to take more than a little luck to achieve what I want next week, and I'm going to make sure it's as best I can from here on out!

I apologize for those who have been following, but with everything going on, I haven't had much time for anything but work, and this is probably going to be my last post until after competition and life has settled down somewhat. Just know that I am grateful for all your support!

~Rosie~
I understand that things come up and can interfere with our goals. I agree that the timing is terrible. Try to stay motivated, you're almost there!

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
we are all pulling and praying for you Rosie.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Body Composition a Week Out

I dont think anyone here needs you to apologize, we understand you do the best you can and we all wish you success at the competition.
I understand that things come up and can interfere with our goals. I agree that the timing is terrible. Try to stay motivated, you're almost there!
we are all pulling and praying for you Rosie.
Thanks, guys :)

So, had to give a quick update re "Body Composition and Look": 113.4 pounds at 9% bodyfat. 24 June I was 107.2 pounds at 8% bodyfat (and in the best aesthetic condition of my life to date), and even though it is only a 1% increase in body composition, the increase in both weight and girths over the last two weeks makes me feel so fat and uncomfortable, particularly with the bloating and water retention. I have a week to get back down to at least 8% bodyfat over this next week - I HAVE TO; I want to be and MUST be leanER and in better condition than I was when I competed last year!!! Hoping I can train as I need to, since I know that the lack of training [volume] - especially re weights - over the last two weeks has been a huge detriment to my physique (as well as highly noticing the difference re water once cessation of Erase).

Also to note that as of tomorrow, the ONLY supplements that I will be using for a couple of weeks are MuscleGel Shots, RecoverPRO, and Vitamin C (updated in post #1).

Last edited:
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You realize what just happened, the time to move on and look forward is NOW! You know what to do now do it, starting NOW!!!!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am sure you will do fantastic Rosie. Good luck.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Yes you will. Rosie you can overcome this small obstacle

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You realize what just happened, the time to move on and look forward is NOW! You know what to do now do it, starting NOW!!!!
Yep, and I now know without a doubt the PERFECT training regime, nutritional method, and supplementation for ME to GET and KEEP the results I want with my body!

I am sure you will do fantastic Rosie. Good luck.
Thank you, Jeff :)

Yes you will. Rosie you can overcome this small obstacle
I can overcome that obstacle, yes. Not all obstacles are as small, even though they most definitely can be overcome eventually - see my update following for explanation.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BLINDSIDED

Words by Jason Newman so appropriate for right now: "You've got to decide to never give up, you've got to find some reasons within yourself that will give you the stamina when life catches you on the blindside to get back up again to keep on crawling to coming back again again and again!!!!"

Because blindsided is right. There are some things that I have no control over. One of those is work, and even though it is the perfect job for me, it has been a nonstop rollercoaster for the last three weeks, and at the start of the week I was given news that means I will not be able to make the competition. After all that and I cannot compete; disappointment does not even begin to describe how I feel, especially since this is the SECOND time during those three weeks that I have had to postpone an event that I have been looking forward to ALL year! It's NOT going to hold me back though; just means that I will look ahead to the next competition - which I will likely wait until the last ~2 weeks prior to any selected show to enter, to ensure that work has become more settled and predictable, so that I don't have to change my plans.

As Layne Norton says, "When you get inspiration, harness it and do not let it go...Do not fear setbacks, push forward...NEVER stop."

I do want to thank all of you, especially Josh, Chris, and Eric, for your support throughout my preparation for this specific competition - without you guys, it would have been a much harder struggle to get to this point. It's not over yet though, because I have to do this for me, and being told "no" just makes me want it more than ever, to win my Figure Pro card THIS year!

My competition journey is just taking a detour, knowing that even though "There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream." - Author Unknown, if you want it badly enough, it CAN AND WILL happen!

Please note that this log will end here though, since it WAS specifically for this competition.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn... Sorry to hear that Rosie!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Me too, Sorry to hear, but really from what you said all I see is a postponement :) Just a little longer wait for that pro card while settling into a new job, with the added bonus that it seems to be a great job opportunity that really excites you. A quality that few ppl have found in their jobs. Good luck and Success Rosie, I'll stay tuned for the next log. :)

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
darn, sorry to hear Rosie, but hey I'm sure you learned some things for the next time. Also we appreciate the effort you put in to these logs;)

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Words by Jason Newman so appropriate for right now: "You've got to decide to never give up, you've got to find some reasons within yourself that will give you the stamina when life catches you on the blindside to get back up again to keep on crawling to coming back again again and again!!!!"

Because blindsided is right. There are some things that I have no control over. One of those is work, and even though it is the perfect job for me, it has been a nonstop rollercoaster for the last three weeks, and at the start of the week I was given news that means I will not be able to make the competition. After all that and I cannot compete; disappointment does not even begin to describe how I feel, especially since this is the SECOND time during those three weeks that I have had to postpone an event that I have been looking forward to ALL year! It's NOT going to hold me back though; just means that I will look ahead to the next competition - which I will likely wait until the last ~2 weeks prior to any selected show to enter, to ensure that work has become more settled and predictable, so that I don't have to change my plans.

As Layne Norton says, "When you get inspiration, harness it and do not let it go...Do not fear setbacks, push forward...NEVER stop."

I do want to thank all of you, especially Josh, Chris, and Eric, for your support throughout my preparation for this specific competition - without you guys, it would have been a much harder struggle to get to this point. It's not over yet though, because I have to do this for me, and being told "no" just makes me want it more than ever, to win my Figure Pro card THIS year!

My competition journey is just taking a detour, knowing that even though "There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream." - Author Unknown, if you want it badly enough, it CAN AND WILL happen!

Please note that this log will end here though, since it WAS specifically for this competition.
I can understand that completely, because something similar just happened to me, when external crap came up and the competition I've been looking forward to doing for a long time (this weekend), will not happen. But like you said, you gotta push on. Refocus goals and remotivate for it. Yeah it sucks, but getting stuck in a trench of despair will only set you back and harm your long term goals. Props to you for being able to see through the disappointment and set your sights on the long term goal and work towards success. Any other log you might be starting up?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn... Sorry to hear that Rosie!
I know, right, Al :aargh: But, no use crying over it and letting it get to me more than it already has. Time to look ahead to the next phase of my life . . .

Me too, Sorry to hear, but really from what you said all I see is a postponement :) Just a little longer wait for that pro card while settling into a new job, with the added bonus that it seems to be a great job opportunity that really excites you. A quality that few ppl have found in their jobs. Good luck and Success Rosie, I'll stay tuned for the next log. :)
I know that everything happens for a reason - a lesson well learnt in the past, and now more often than not, I see the lesson as it's happening than in restrospect, which is better than years later or not at all. Re my job, my career is MORE than a job - it is a PASSION. My first cycling coach knew me well, and he knew what kind of "job" would be best for me for sure - work is NOT work when you love it.

darn, sorry to hear Rosie, but hey I'm sure you learned some things for the next time. Also we appreciate the effort you put in to these logs;)
Thanks, Ryan - hopefully it still provided some use re motivation for people after I got so busy. Plus, it gave me inspiration for an article I am going to be working on over the next week or so for a bodybuilding and fitness magazine.

I can understand that completely, because something similar just happened to me, when external crap came up and the competition I've been looking forward to doing for a long time (this weekend), will not happen. But like you said, you gotta push on. Refocus goals and remotivate for it. Yeah it sucks, but getting stuck in a trench of despair will only set you back and harm your long term goals. Props to you for being able to see through the disappointment and set your sights on the long term goal and work towards success. Any other log you might be starting up?
Funny thing is life. Yes, refocus and remotivate - the motivation is something I need right now, after everything that has gone on. I know what I need to do to get myself back on track, and I'm just getting myself through this week and then it's on!

As for logs, guys and gals, given the circumstances, especially since I'm not one of those that starts a log with the intention of updating only once a week or barely at all, and if I do something, I do it properly, so until I can do that, I probably won't be starting another one for a bit. I WILL continue to make updates, albeit not daily, as I can, in my "Fitness Blog" (my Training and Supplementation Journal, it is almost a "replication" of whatever log I am running at the time) - link to it in my signature.

Once again, thank you all for your support and encouragement throughout this journey. If anyone has any questions directly for me (and feel free to let others know, if they want to get a hold of me), the best way to contact me is by email.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Makes sense. After I took about a week off and relaxed and pigged out, I was able to reset my motivation and refocus on my new goals better. Good luck with your continued progress towards making pro!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Makes sense. After I took about a week off and relaxed and pigged out, I was able to reset my motivation and refocus on my new goals better. Good luck with your continued progress towards making pro!
After everything, and given the circumstance, a week off is probably due - especially since I haven't had a complete week off training since 3 October 2010! There is nothing I can do but reset my motivation and look ahead to my next goal. The same to you as well with your own competition and fitness goals.