The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Page 8 of 16 First ... 367891013 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Hey

How did you find it? Yeah, doing legwork after a break is always a killer - especially since I don't usually do Legs.

It's good to be back at it, though. Wouldn't have it any other way!
    Taking time off is always harder for me than getting myself into the gym is. I hated it. LOL But, I'm back and working on rehabbing an injury. Still aggravating having to work around something but I'd rather work than not. I think you understand that.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Taking time off is always harder for me than getting myself into the gym is. I hated it. LOL But, I'm back and working on rehabbing an injury. Still aggravating having to work around something but I'd rather work than not. I think you understand that.
    Yes, I know and understand completely re time off and working with and around injuries. Unless I absolutely HAVE to, I prefer working through the pain than stopping, and there are so many things wrong with my body that if I took time off every time I aggravated an injury or was in pain, I would never be training, and that is simply NOT an option.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.78%

Yes, I know and understand completely re time off and working with and around injuries. Unless I absolutely HAVE to, I prefer working through the pain than stopping, and there are so many things wrong with my body that if I took time off every time I aggravated an injury or was in pain, I would never be training, and that is simply NOT an option.
    LOL. You are SO right! I would never train again if I waited until everything that's injured was o.k. It becomes an additional challenge finding ways to push yourself without aggravating an injury. Forces me to be creative and I've found some exercises that I love because of it.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

LOL. You are SO right! I would never train again if I waited until everything that's injured was o.k. It becomes an additional challenge finding ways to push yourself without aggravating an injury. Forces me to be creative and I've found some exercises that I love because of it.
    That's the fighting Warrior spirit!

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

At the Edge...

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"When you come to the edge...FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen...There will be something to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly!" - Ben Booker

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 12 min jogging

Shoulders/Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between trisets/supersets):
    Triset A -
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 10
    2. BB Military Press 4 x 10
    3. DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10
    Triset B -
    4. Dips 4 x 10
    5. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 10
    6. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 10 per side
    Superset -
    7. Rope Crunches 4 x 12
    8. Reverse Curls (on bench) 4 x 12

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Not the best, especially since training. Aggression is high and RISING. I have no tolerance for idiots and are getting sick of those who ask questions without bothering to actually LOOK FIRST for themselves - seriously, it's not hard! As for those that have to ask about absolutely EVERYthing, get yourself a trainer or someone who will educate you, since you're not interested in putting in the personal effort to research it! And don't get me started on those who constantly ask questions, but only ask them because they want justification and validation of their idiocy! Yes, it's RANT time It's not just all that though. I seriously just want to SMASH something break it into a million pieces, beat the hell out of I guess there's only so long you can repress some things. Everything is just coming to a head. It's not just the idiots and freeloaders - current circumstances are really pushing me to my limits. All I have left right now is my FAITH! Time for some serious time OUT! Lord, please give me STRENGTH!

Energy: There. Barely

Stress: Don't start!

Joints: Right knee still niggling. Affected my running in the last few minutes, favouring that leg.

Endurance: Fine.

Strength: Weak

Quality of Training: HIIT was ok. Not the best though. Body was suffering today, so only did eight sprints . . . Resistance training was a bomb. After a single triset I was ready to walk out is how much like sh*t I was feeling and how fcuked off I was getting with the pain and struggling with the pathetic weights I had to resort to lifting, no matter that those pathetic weights were intense for me today, having me almost in tears for the second day in a row. SERIOUS Dug my heels in though; I am better than that; I'm made of more than that; nothing runs me out of what I HAVE to do! . . . Just stretching afterwards. My body was seriously BURNED . . .

Recovery: NOT recovering well this week, as evidenced by my training the last two days

Body Composition and Look: Still a LONG way off where I want to be

Other Notes: Received some more Erase and Alpha-t2 today (my only today), so will be starting them both again tomorrow (changes reflected in post #1).

6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Don't worry Rosie. I'm sure you will turn things around. I was in the same boat as you today as far as strength goes. Things have a way of balancing out. You can't always be on top. Flowers always have to wither and die before they can bloom.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-9

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
  7. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Don't worry Rosie. I'm sure you will turn things around. I was in the same boat as you today as far as strength goes. Things have a way of balancing out. You can't always be on top. Flowers always have to wither and die before they can bloom.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-9

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
    Thank you, T - I needed to read that As hard as it is, this journal is as much about accountability and honesty as much as it is keeping a record of training and supplements, etc.; revealing weakness has never been something I have been good at or done much of (maybe that's why everyone has such a wrong impression of who and what I really am), but have and will do so here. I am only human after all, imperfect and terribly flawed, and no matter what impression one gives off, no one is strong all of the time, and even if it kills us, sometimes we have to admit that and ask for help. He will turn my weakness into strength, though - that I know, and I always have a light in the seemingly impenetrable darkness.

8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Rosie, please excuse my extremely late entrance, but I have read through and up to speed, excellent LOG, totally SUBd....
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Rosie, please excuse my extremely late entrance, but I have read through and up to speed, excellent LOG, totally SUBd....
    No worries, Al. Thanks and

10. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Simply...Thank You...

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." - Albert Schweitzer

TRAINING

Cardio - Run:
    5.6 km @ 3.5 min/km

Stretch 25 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Settled down quite a bit from yesterday. Took me some time to "calm down" yesterday, with some unusual methods, but I did eventually. Now, mood is better, and trying to KEEP it that way. I'm thankful for those who have been a huge support to me over the last few weeks, throughout everything - know that you have done more for me than you can possibly know, each and every one of you a blessing that I thank God for!

Energy: There.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Got a lot done today.

Endurance: Good.

Quality of Training: A single cardio session today. Ran a little further than the usual three miles as well, albeit not a lot. I was surprised at the pace I did and kept - my endurance and speed is definitely improving, which I am pleased with.

Recovery: Fine after yesterday.

Body Composition and Look: 113.2 pounds at 9.2% bodyfat. Another perfect week re nutrition and training and still the minutest change in body composition - only solidifying the fact that "perfect" as everyone sees it is NOT the OPTIMAL way for me to make progress, especially re fat loss. However, the way I usually do things is not the best either, and I want to move away from it, since my health is definitely important to me. So, from now on it will be a compromise of sorts between "perfect" and the way that works for me, experimenting to find the BEST method for me re nutrition and training for the most effective and successful fat loss.

Other Notes: Only a week to go until my first photoshoot of the year. I'm excited for it, albeit disappointed in myself that I might not be as lean as I want to be - but who knows, I still have a week, being back on Erase is going to make a HUGE difference, and I have done it before (even if only once), so it's possible for me to lose 1.2% bodyfat in a week (although not sure if my body will do it for me). Regardless, no matter what my body composition for this photoshoot, I am going to just have fun with it and relax, and know that I am going to most definitely be as lean as I want to be for the NEXT one and my competition - which I will be eight weeks out from next Sunday!
    Last edited by Rosie Chee; 05-07-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.

11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I gotta say it's refreshing to see some spirit Rosie, it's a good sign

You're doing great, and I thank you for the journal.

12. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    I gotta say it's refreshing to see some spirit Rosie, it's a good sign

You're doing great, and I thank you for the journal.
    This is me fighting back, Ryan

Thanks for helping lift me up

13. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I agree with Ryan for sure. Great log and i enjoy reading it day in and day out. A lot of things good in here, most of all your ability to keep on going Rosie, and i commend you for that!

Your gonna look and do great at your photoshoot!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  14. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I agree with Ryan for sure. Great log and i enjoy reading it day in and day out. A lot of things good in here, most of all your ability to keep on going Rosie, and i commend you for that!

Thank you, Josh Now to crack that more to do everything I can at the last minute and ensure that I am as prepared as I can possibly be in the time that I have left!

15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.78%

Finish strong girl! Surprise yourself. You CAN do it.
  16. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Finish strong girl! Surprise yourself. You CAN do it.
    Here's to it!

17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.55%

I have to agree as well, this is one of the most motivational threads I've ever seen, I too enjoy reading it on a daily basis, the quotes alone are worth it! Thanks Rosie!
    www.finaflex.com
  18. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

I have to agree as well, this is one of the most motivational threads I've ever seen, I too enjoy reading it on a daily basis, the quotes alone are worth it! Thanks Rosie!
    Thanks, Al As I just said to someone, I just want to help others make the most if their lives and circumstance; to know that anything is possible if they just believe and have the courage to follow those dreams; dark times are not the end and there is always light - after all, what use is experience if you cannot use it to help others; it doesn't happen to be forgotten!

19. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Unstoppable Determination

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, UNSTOPPABLE DETERMINATION." - Ralph Marston

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    c. 12 min jogging

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 6 x 12
    2. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumps 6 x 24
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on medicine balls) 6 x 10
    4. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 6 x 10
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Seated BB Military Press 6 x 10
    6. DB Lateral Raises 6 x 10
    Alternate Set D -
    7. Dips 6 x 10
    8. Incline DB Bicep Curls 6 x 10
    Alternate Set E -
    9. Rope Crunches 6 x 10-12
    10. Hanging Straight Leg Raises (half feet to touch bar, half hips to 90 degree flexion) 6 x 10

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 106 rpm

Stretch 23 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Slept for ~3 hours. Got up, had my "first thing" supplements and went straight back to bed to sleep for another ~2 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Had ups and downs today (see comments under "Quality of Training" and "Body Composition and Look"), but pulling out strong and calm.

Energy: I feel shattered. Had a burst of energy during resistance training - getting angry at myself, dragging out the aggressive determination to kick myself in the arse - but now I am just exhausted.

Stress: High.

Endurance: Great - although I am going to be relieved when I go back to 30-45 minute resistance sessions next week, instead of these 90-minute ones!

Strength: None of my resistance sessions this week are going to be about strength, and if it's anything like last week, my strength will peeter out gradually over the course of the week - nope, this week is just about making it as intense as possible, no matter the weight lifted, just surviving!

Pump: It was ok - not really much until Alternate Set D.

Vascularity: Reasonable - noticing that my vascularity seems to be best/strongest after my Push exercises.

Quality of Training: HIIT was not fun. My body was shattered and I barely managed the sprints that I did, which was odd, considering that yesterday was a day off, with high calories. Had a pain to the lateral aspect under right breast throughout - not a stitch, which I would have been used to . . . Resistance session was ok. Started out reasonably. Like last week though, I started getting tired quickly and just wanted it to be over. A migraine and lightheadedness started half-way through Alternate Set A, lingering until the end. I got asked by one of the guys, "Why do you look so mean?" I was like, "I'm tired, grumpy, in pain, and just want this to be over" - which was the truth, although aggressive was probably a better word than "grumpy". But what's some pain? Every time I train I'm in pain, and I push my body to its limits to get that pain. The same guy later said "you make it look easy" re my Dips and Hanging Straight-Leg Raises, which was ironic, given the fact that my face was a mask of pain and aggressive determination, and just before another of the guys asked me if I was ok and needed to lie down, because I was almost curled up on the chair/floor in the recovery periods of my Alternate Set E sets. But, it was a good session overall - at least I know I did my best and stuck at it . . . I didn't want to think about further training when I got home, but I sat myself on the rollers for 20 minutes . . .

Recovery: Stretching helped a little. So did the hot/cold shower after that.

Body Composition and Look: I look different in every mirror and light, and today I got a little depressed and upset with myself when I was downstairs because I looked soft, even though when I was in the gym I was pleased with the definition I was seeing.

Other Notes: It's going to be another "hell" week, my concentration to be focused on competition preparation from next week.

20. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

It's a Journey to Success

"You don't gain success from taking one big step. You gain success from taking several smaller steps over a period of time. Small victories. One day you lift your head up and notice that you've already accomplished your goal, and that the satisfaction and happiness was in the journey not the destination." - Nick Smith

TRAINING

Cardio - CrossRamp:
    a. 2 min @ CR10/R10
    b. 18 min @ CR10/R8

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Alternate Backward DB Lunges 6 x 12
    2. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumps 6 x 24
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Flat BB Bench Press 6 x 12
    4. Close-Grip V-Bar Seated Rows 6 x 12
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Seated DB Shoulder Press 6 x 12
    6. Incline DB Rear Raises 6 x 12
    Alternate Set D -
    7. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 6 x 12
    8. DB hammer Bicep Curls 6 x 12
    Alternate Set E -
    9. Rope Crunches 6 x 15
    10. Bicycles 6 x 30

20 min in 39x18 @ 102 rpm

Stretch 23 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Same as yesterday, waking after ~3 hours, getting up and taking my "first thing" supplement doses, and then back to bed, passing out for another hour - didn't feel like I slept that hour at all, but I did, because the clock changed.

Mood/Aggression: More up and down, but mostly up, with many smiles.

Energy: More than yesterday, but not a lot, honestly, and I nearly fell down the stairs (thankfully I didn't) when I went to sit on my rollers after the gym. I just feel completely exhausted - a lot to do with the heat, I believe, since it is stifling and draining; but also some effects from training, since that has been pretty intense.

Mental Focus and Clarity: I have a migraine that makes me not want to do much that requires thinking, but I am pushing past it, because this is an IMPORTANT week and I HAVE to be on the ball for it.

Joints: My right knee has settled down, with no more pain.

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: Focus on INTENSITY rather than strength.

Pump: Strong.

Vascularity: Very awesome. Whilst I have more definition (from more muscle and being leaner) in my left side, my right side actually usually has higher vascularity than the former.

Quality of Training: Something different with the CrossRamp pre-weights . . . Resistance training was another 90-minute session. Started out well. Feeling quads after the CrossRamp and Alternate Set A, but moving around with slightly more vigor than yesterday. Migraine started halfway through Alternate Set B, but it didn't bother me as much as yesterday. Didn't have the desire to "stop" today, which was also good. Got nauseous during Alternate Set D, though, and I threw up twice during Alternate Set E (NOT cool). Body was definitely screaming sore afterwards . . . Like yesterday, not feeling like sitting on the rollers when I got home, but I did. I HAVE to just DO it, period! . . .

Recovery: I know that I'm feeling more shattered than usual.

Body Composition and Look: Lighting definitely makes a difference to how one looks - change the lighting and your body can look completely different. Regardless, please with the definition that is getting stronger in my deltoids and arms - now to have that definition (pump and vascularity) that I have when lifting when I am RELAXED (and in photoshoots); just means getting LEANER (which is the goal, since where I am now is not close to where I want to be).

21. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Stay True to the Best in You

"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you!" - Christian D. Larson

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

Upper Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. DB Clean and Press 6 x 15
    2. DB Lateral Raises 6 x 15
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 6 x 15
    4. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 6 x 15
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Seated DB Shoulder Press 6 x 15
    6. Seated DB Rear Raises 6 x 15
    Alternate Set D -
    7. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 6 x 15
    8. DB Zottoman Curls 6 x 15

10 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: I'm on edge at the moment, but that's not to say that I'm not also in a good mood - whilst there are trying circumstances in my life right now, there are also many blessings that give my soul flight.

Energy: Has been good today.

Mental Focus and Clarity: As I've needed it to be, without the intrusion of a migraine, which I am thankful for.

Endurance: Excellent.

Strength: Today was a "weak" day - after the last two days, it was amazing that my body could lift anything, LOL.

Pump: Strong.

Vascularity: Need to figure out how to get vascularity strong in my left side as in right.

Quality of Training: HIIT was ok. Nothing special. Struggling. Legs felt dead. Had that pain in my right side again throughout the whole thing. Last four efforts were as fast as I could make them, but that wasn't very fast at all . . . Resistance training was good. Light weights today, but whoever thinks you can't have an intense session with lights weights has no idea - higher reps than usual for me, with my body already shattered from the last two days. Definition and vasularity was good, so that was something . . . Rollers was back to being slow recovery . . .

Recovery: My legs are suffering after yesterday - the CrossRamp seems to really affect my quadriceps for a day or two afterwards if I do it for longer than 10 minutes (so if I use it from now on, it will only be for 10 minutes tops).

Appetite: Had my high-high calorie and extra-high carbohydrate day yesterday, ending with shoveling down ~1,600 calories just before 0000 (which probably contributed to me sleeping without interruption, since I have found that if I get fatigued and feel shattered after all meals that come after my post-training one). Also determined that as of next week, if I ever get cravings or feel hungry or want to just eat in general when I shouldn't, that I will just have half to a quart of probiotic yoghurt with ~350 grams of raspberries - it's healthy, will satisfy my sugar and carbohydrate cravings without me resorting to eat junk or whatever I can find (which is what usually happens), and should help satiate my appetite.

Other Notes: Saturday is going to be my Day Off this week, and next week I will officially be starting my competition preparation.

22. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I'm still following Rosie. Sounds like things are coming along nicely for you.
  23. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

I'm still following Rosie. Sounds like things are coming along nicely for you.
    Hey Yeah, starting to feel a little better about some things, having cleared my head and focused in on my priorities. I can and WILL do the best I can in the things I have influence over, and just have faith with the things I have no control over.

24. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

More laughter required

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

TRAINING

Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours. I am waking shattered lately.

Mood/Aggression: Good.

Quality of Training: Just an easy session today. My body was relieved for it!

Recovery: Legs are still suffering a little from Monday and Tuesday; when they're like this, they feel swollen, so hopefully that goes soon - considering not doing HIIT tomorrow, with just the resistance session, and leaving HIIT until Sunday.

Body Composition and Look: I was actually ok with what I saw in the mirror this morning. Starting to lean out as I want now. It looks like I am leaner than I was for my competition last year, which is great (I want to be!), and we'll see tomorrow whether I got close to 8% this week (and if not this week, then definitely next week).

Other Notes: Looking forward to Saturday

25. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

TRAINING

Cardio - Rollers:

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours. I am waking shattered lately.

Mood/Aggression: Good.

Quality of Training: Just an easy session today. My body was relieved for it!

Recovery: Legs are still suffering a little from Monday and Tuesday; when they're like this, they feel swollen, so hopefully that goes soon - considering not doing HIIT tomorrow, with just the resistance session, and leaving HIIT until Sunday.

Body Composition and Look: I was actually ok with what I saw in the mirror this morning. Starting to lean out as I want now. It looks like I am leaner than I was for my competition last year, which is great (I want to be!), and we'll see tomorrow whether I got close to 8% this week (and if not this week, then definitely next week).

Other Notes: Looking forward to Saturday

Lookin good Terminator, keep poundin away at it!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  26. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Lookin good Terminator, keep poundin away at it!
    Will do, Josh. One more training day before a highlight. The mirror tells me that I'm definitely leaner than I was for my competition last year, which is awesome - could be that because I have more muscle mass I appear leaner, but I feel leaner. That's a

27. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  132 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.04%

Hi Rosie - I see you take Shred Matrix post training - just wondering what your reasoning is for taking it post training? I assume its for its nutrient partitioning properties with post w\o meals??

I have only gone through the 1st few pages of this thread so far. Lots of good info in here and I love the detail!
  28. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Hi Rosie - I see you take Shred Matrix post training - just wondering what your reasoning is for taking it post training? I assume its for its nutrient partitioning properties with post w\o meals??

I have only gone through the 1st few pages of this thread so far. Lots of good info in here and I love the detail!
    Yes, I dose Shred Matrix immediately post-training - because I eat a meal ~30 minutes after training. I do also however, dose Shred Matrix first thing in the morning or pre-bed sometimes, without eating afterwards - this is specific for me, though, and it's recommended to twice daily dose 3 caps ~30 minutes pre-meals (preferably before an am meal and a pm meal).

29. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Improve on the Present

"The future belongs to God, and it is only he who reveals it...The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better." - Seer, The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    c. 4 min jogging

Shoulders/Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between trisets):
    Triset A -
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 10
    2. BB Military Press 4 x 10
    3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per side
    Triset B -
    4. Dips 4 x 10
    5. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 10
    6. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 10 per side
    Triset C -
    7. Rope Crunches 4 x 12
    8. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises 4 x 10
    9. Side Plank 4 x 30 sec per side

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Just under three hours. Couldn't get back to sleep after waking either.

Mood/Aggression: Up and down, as it has been all week. Smiles and positivity though, between the bouts of extreme aggression.

Energy: Took me a few hours after waking to really feel any energy, but once training was done, I have been bouncing around unable to be still.

Endurance: Great.

Strength: This session was not about strength - like the rest of the week.

Pump: Strong from the start.

Vascularity: ~10 minutes of intense cardio pre-weights seems to elicit the best vascularity during my resistance sessions.

Quality of Training: HIIT was ok. Struggled quite a bit though, with the sharp pain in my right side under right breast throughout, the last four minutes favouring my right foot, almost limping because sharp pain was shooting through it. Made it shorter, since my legs have been taking a while to recover this week, and I don't want to chance them appearing puffy or holding water tomorrow . . . Resistance session was fine. Had to drop my weights for the last couple of sets of Triset A, a headache setting in during Triset C . . . Rollers was definitely recovery afterwards . . .

Recovery: Hope I am all good tomorrow.

Body Composition and Look: Looking the leanest I have been in a long time. Definitely the leanest I have ever been at such a body mass - the additional muscle mass is evident. Definitely look better golden as well. Definition in upper body was coming out nicely during resistance training. Midsection is almost flat, and hips are popping. I can still get leaner, though - that WILL come.

Other Notes: First photoshoot of the year tomorrow - looking forward to it; going to be fun

30. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.23%

Good luck tomorrow Rosie!. Although I don't think you need it. You got this Rosie.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Other Notes: First photoshoot of the year tomorrow - looking forward to it; going to be fun
    Enjoy your hard work and be confident

32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.55%

First photoshoot of the year tomorrow - looking forward to it; going to be fun
    Knock-em Dead Girl....
    www.finaflex.com
  33. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Good luck tomorrow Rosie!. Although I don't think you need it. You got this Rosie.
    Thanks, T. I might need it - if only for the hope that my right wisdom tooth goes back down, since it came up early this morning and has been causing pain in the right side of my face all day, and I don't need a puffy face tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Enjoy your hard work and be confident
    No doubt I will once I get there, Ryan

Knock-em Dead Girl....
    Smile, relax, and have fun. If I can do that, it will be a blast, Al

34. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.23%

So how did things go?
  35. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

So how did things go?
    It was good I'll mention more about it later on in today's "update".

36. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Finding the Woman

"There is only one way to learn. It's through action." - The Alchemist, The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)

After all:

"Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua J. Marin

TRAINING

Day OFF for this week.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Sore, but smiling. Stressed, but happy. Yesterday was just the start of the boulder rolling down the hill!

Recovery: I am just as sore after yesterday's photoshoot as I was after my first Full-Body session two weeks ago when I started back training after a week off!

Body Composition and Look: 111 pounds at 9% bodyfat. Only a 0.2% bodyfat loss over the last week, when everything was perfect re nutrition AND training! I was surprised when I saw that, since I definitely feel that I look leaner, but then again, I have more muscle mass than the last time I was this body composition and that makes a difference. Definition in midsection, back, delts and arms is great - better starting from last night to today (better than for my photoshoot yesterday - go figure, LOL). Even though I am not the body composition that I wanted to be right now, I AM pleased with my progress - after all, even though a bare 0.2% loss over a week is not much, especially with perfect everything and supplement aid, it LOOKS like a lot. 8% bodyfat, and then 7% bodyfat, WILL come!

Other Notes: I had the AWESOMEST day shooting with Tony Mitchell and Katrell of OAMG yesterday! We shot in Lance's Gym in Chicago - been a while since I was in a hardcore gym, and I loved the feel of it - and the OAMG studio. Modeling is still very new to me and I learnt a lot throughout the day. Ironically, it never failed to be that the best shots were taken when I wasn't thinking about it and Tony just took them when I was relaxed or preparing for a look/pose. I definitely need to work on my expressions, making anything that is not a smile natural, being "girly" and "sexy" - since neither are things that are really me - and letting myself "go", stepping into the character of it all. Modeling is very different for me, a challenge as much as stepping on a stage for competition, since it is in direct contrast to my character and who I am (I barely recognized the woman in the mirror after Katrell had done me up, and with the outfits, no one else would either, LOL) - which is good though, challenging me to step "outside" of myself and find the feminine side of me, something I need to do a lot more often. Look forward to seeing the final images - there were some GREAT ones in there (including the "preview" below, which definitely captures and embodies the name of "The Female Terminator" that I have been given, and is one of my favourite - if not THE favourite - images from the shoot)!

Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OMAG

Competition Notes: Eight weeks out (excluding week pre-competition). Posing Practice starts tomorrow (changes reflected in post #1). I WAS going to change my training up, but I'm going to keep it as it is, since I now have another photoshoot on Saturday, and a couple more in June - told you I was on a roll . . .

37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.43%

Sounds like the photo shoot went great And looks like that too. Great picture

And you are right about the BF, 8% & 7% will come
    Keep up the hard work Rosie!

//CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  38. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Sounds like the photo shoot went great And looks like that too. Great picture

And you are right about the BF, 8% & 7% will come
    Keep up the hard work Rosie!

//CC
    Yeah, I had a blast! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the images! (I'm also as sore as your wife probably is after her training session and today's training is only going to add to the pain but what is pain but a necessity in the pursuit of perfection...)

Yeppers - got to make the leanness happen! There is NO excuses.

Thank you for your continued support, CC

39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.55%

the "preview" below, which definitely captures and embodies the name of "The Female Terminator" that I have been given, and is one of my favourite - if not THE favourite - images from the shoot)!

Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OMAG

Competition Notes: Eight weeks out (excluding week pre-competition). Posing Practice starts tomorrow (changes reflected in post #1). I WAS going to change my training up, but I'm going to keep it as it is, since I now have another photoshoot on Saturday, and a couple more in June - told you I was on a roll . . .
    Wow... nothing short of what I expected, you look AMAZING! The "Female Terminator" strikes again and leaves her competition dead!
    www.finaflex.com
  40. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Wow... nothing short of what I expected, you look AMAZING! The "Female Terminator" strikes again and leaves her competition dead!
    Thanks, Al Tony is a great photographer and he caught me to perfection Plus, it was refreshing to do something that hasn't been done or often seen, instead of all the usual poses and looks other models do. I'm definitely working with him again

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 07:09 PM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 07:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 06:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12