The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Page 7 of 21 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Good to see the Mood so high Rosie! Looks like things are going very well. Keep at it!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Good to see the Mood so high Rosie! Looks like things are going very well. Keep at it!
    Yeah, the mood is great - amazing what refreshing your spirit on a daily basis can do

Progress is coming along as well - although, as noted, going to have to chuck a few more "dirty" nutrition days in to speed it up a little, since the weeks where my nutrition has been close to "perfect" sees the least progress
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Yeah, the mood is great - amazing what refreshing your spirit on a daily basis can do
    Do you have a spiritual routine Rosie? I have taken up meditation over the years myself.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Do you have a spiritual routine Rosie? I have taken up meditation over the years myself.
    Many years ago, I had something you might call that, but now, no, I do not, Ryan. However, I do meditate (note that "meditate" to me is not what one sees re Eastern "meditation"), spend time in quiet reflection, worship in my own way, and surrender my life to God on a daily basis - it's not a "routine", but a part of my lifestyle, much like training is a lifestyle. Refreshing one's spirit can be done at any time, in any place, as long as you are open to it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    "At what level do you know Him?" A challenging question. "He only reveals Himself in degrees." That may be true, but Rick Warren mentions that "God deeply desires that we know him intimately", a process which spans our lifetime as we grow to become more like Christ. Each day is a chance to draw closer to the heart of God, improve our character, discover and fulfill our life's purpose, trust, have faith, mature. The more you realize that it's not about you, but about what you have to give and giving it, allowing His glory to manifest through you, trying to make a difference and be a blessing to others, that you can come to understand.

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. The Journey

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Your journey has molded you for the greater good. It was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time, it took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And NOW is RIGHT ON TIME." - Asha Tyson

TRAINING

Cardio: Rollers:
    25 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Stretch 21 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours. Good. Nice and "normal".

Mood/Aggression: Channeling the hope and positive energy. Meditation and quiet reflection to help calm my soul.

Endurance: Good.

Vascularity: Love how the application of LipoBURN INTENSIFIES the vascularity, even if only for a short while.

Quality of Training: An easy session on the rollers today (I know, me doing "easy" sessions is not usual, but I am coming to see the value and place of them in my training regime).

Body Composition and Look: Been told that I have the most depth and thickness to my shoulders and upper back that I have ever had.

Other Notes: I am learning - and slowly accepting - that I do not have to be busy ALL the time, even if I might want to be.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

Progress is coming along as well - although, as noted, going to have to chuck a few more "dirty" nutrition days in to speed it up a little, since the weeks where my nutrition has been close to "perfect" sees the least progress
    Nothing wrong with that! Enjoy it! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

Other Notes: I am learning - and slowly accepting - that I do not have to be busy ALL the time, even if I might want to be.
    That's a great thing to learn. I've always been the personality type who "needs" to be busy too. If I'm not actually busy I'm busy planning to be busy. I'm working on this one myself just now. So far, it's going well and I'm enjoying it!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    That's a great thing to learn. I've always been the personality type who "needs" to be busy too. If I'm not actually busy I'm busy planning to be busy. I'm working on this one myself just now. So far, it's going well and I'm enjoying it!
    I am one of those people that has difficulty sitting still or doing nothing - hence why my life has always moved at a great rate of knots and I am always doing something. However, it's not always conducive to my health, or even productive if it being busy for the sake of being busy. I am forcing myself to learn how to take time out and relax, something I have never really done either. It is a slow process, because after all, you can't break a lifetime of habits overnight, but it IS happening.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    [Vascularity: Love how the application of LipoBURN INTENSIFIES the vascularity, even if only for a short while.

Quality of Training: An easy session on the rollers today (I know, me doing "easy" sessions is not usual, but I am coming to see the value and place of them in my training regime).
    I question your version of easy ..either way progress is sounding wonderful! don't get side tracked

9. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    I question your version of easy ..either way progress is sounding wonderful! don't get side tracked
    Trust me, the rollers at that pace in that gear are EASY, Chris. And we all know how hard "easy" is for me to do, but how much I need to learn to accept that I NEED it every now and then, even if I don't feel like I do.

Nice to see you today, mister - talk later

•   

10. I question your version of easy ..either way progress is sounding wonderful! don't get side tracked

Trust me, the rollers at that pace in that gear are EASY, Chris. And we all know how hard "easy" is for me to do, but how much I need to learn to accept that I NEED it every now and then, even if I don't feel like I do.

Nice to see you today, mister - talk later

Late but here.
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

11. Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    Late but here.
    Always better late than never

12. Being Driven

"It's not a matter of can or cannot, it's a matter of will or will not, everything is a choice, choose wisely." - Ed Hillenbrand

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 15, 12, 10, 8
    2. BB Military Press 4 x 12, 10, 10, 10
    3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per arm
    4. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts 4 x 15

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Session 2

Cardio - Run:
    1.5 miles @ 4.2 min/km pace

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between supersets):
    Superset A -
    1. DB Clean and Press 4 x 10
    2. Seated DB Rear Raises 4 x 10
    Superset B -
    3. Single-Leg DB Deadlifts 4 x 10 per leg
    4. DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~8 hours. For some reason I was completely SHATTERED yesterday.

Mood/Aggression: See under "Other Notes".

Energy: Lagging a little during Session 1, but going to be the best for Session 2!

Mental Focus and Clarity: I am completely blown away!

Stress: My mind is light!

Libido: Tumultuous.

Endurance: Great.

Strength: Progressing.

Pump: Strong as ever.

Quality of Training: Session 1 - HIIT was great, loving the return of my speed endurance. Was a little lightheaded during the resistance session, but stuck it out, welcoming the pump and burn. Rollers afterwards helped me relax somewhat . . . Session 2 - Felt really fresh during pre-weights run, legs great. However, felt shattered during resistance training, not wanting to be there and getting irritated, wanting to throw the weights around. Didn't even want to sit on the rollers afterwards, but did anyway . . .

Appetite: It's time to STOP the "cheating", even if I have faster progress with it. It's time to make my higher calorie days all CLEAN. I can do this. I WILL do this, and I will make sure that I get the same progress and results taking better care of my body!

Other Notes: I have been blessed more than ever the last few days. EVERYthing that happens has a purpose and God is making things very clear for me. He knows my heart, what I long for and where my passion lies and He has a plan for me, maneouvring me exactly where I am supposed to be. The "bad" times and darkness were required to show me the light I had misplaced, reveal the truth I had stepped away from, to teach and prepare me for what is to come, to give me the courage to step out further and take the next risk. The more I trust in Him to drive me, the more doors and opportunities open up, and the more at peace my mind and spirit are!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Appetite: It's time to STOP the "cheating", even if I have faster progress with it. It's time to make my higher calorie days all CLEAN. I can do this. I WILL do this, and I will make sure that I get the same progress and results taking better care of my body!
    I know the feeling. I really can't cut without cheating once in a while
    But what can we do but try our best - right?!
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

14. Finding those foods that taste like cheating but really aren't has been my little secret.

My almost zero carb pancakes with icing.......I can eat 20 eggs in a day eating these. I know, 20 eggs sorta cancels out how healthy they are for most people, but my caloric intake, I can def eat 12-18 eggs a few days out of week.
    Peanut butter and choc mousse is another favorite.

And is salmon in a butter sauce really a cheat? I don't count it as such.

Good looking workout and your level of focus and knowledge, you know you are going to continue to make the right progress in the right areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    I know the feeling. I really can't cut without cheating once in a while
    But what can we do but try our best - right?!
    It's not about not being able to do it, but the fact that my body has proven over and over the last few weeks that I get the most progress and lose the most bodyfat in the weeks when every other day is a "cheat". Does not make sense and yes, I'm "lucky" that I'm one of those rare few for whom nutrition is NOT the most important factor re fat loss, but for my HEALTH, I need to stop the cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    Finding those foods that taste like cheating but really aren't has been my little secret.

My almost zero carb pancakes with icing.......I can eat 20 eggs in a day eating these. I know, 20 eggs sorta cancels out how healthy they are for most people, but my caloric intake, I can def eat 12-18 eggs a few days out of week.
    Peanut butter and choc mousse is another favorite.

And is salmon in a butter sauce really a cheat? I don't count it as such.

Good looking workout and your level of focus and knowledge, you know you are going to continue to make the right progress in the right areas.
    Everyone has their definition of what "cheating" is - my diet is the general definition of "cheating". It's also in part what I call cheating, but there are plenty of things that I consider "cheating" that others might not. Everything is relative and yet it is not. At the end of the day, I have to be ok with myself and know that I did EVERYthing possible in my power to get the best results!

16. Life is Opening up!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

TRAINING

Session 1

Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 112-116 rpm

Abs (1 min recovery between giant sets):
    Giant Set -
    1. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises (feet to touch bar) 3 x 10
    2. Weighted Crunches (knees at 90 degree flexion) 3 x 10
    3. Reverse Curls (on floor) 3 x 10
    4. Bicycle 3 x 20

Stretch 26 min.

Session 2

Arms (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 12
    2. Dips 4 x 8
    Alternate Set B -
    3. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 21s
    4. Flat Close-Grip BB Bench Press 4 x 8
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Alternate DB Bicep Curls 4 x 15 per side
    6. DB French Press 4 x 8

20 min in 39x18 @ 108-112 rpm

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: BLESSED!

Energy: It's going to have to wait until later to be really let loose, since I am using the day to do other things that need my attention.

Mental Focus and Clarity: It's been a busy day so far - liking it.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: Better than last week!

Quality of Training: Session 1 - Since it was raining, I sat on the rollers instead (until a few years ago it wouldn't have mattered to me what the weather was like and I used to go out training in it, regardless, but I'm more sensible now - at least, I try to be, LOL). Made sure the pace was little more than what it has been. Finished off the session with Abs, so I only have Arms to do tonight . . . Session 2 - No pre-weights cardio this evening. Arms were hard and pumped throughout the resistance session, blue lines snaking all over the hardness, the best I have seen yet. Forced myself to sit on the rollers afterwards, because my mind just didn't want to do it tonight, even though my legs felt fine during it . . .

Body Composition and Look: I have been told that my legs are starting to look better as well, that you can see my quad sweep coming out. Midsection and hips continue to lean up. I have GOT this!

Other Notes: The moment I stopped driving and handed the steering back over to God, things started happening in my life, like a waterfall gushing over doors have opened, opportunities have been presented and created, and I am finding support in places I never imagined I would find it. He is good indeed - seems like He was just waiting for me to stop trying to control everything and let Him move and work in my life. "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11.

17. BLESSED-fantastic.....
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

18. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    BLESSED-fantastic.....
    One of my friends asked, "If you could sum up your life right now in one word, what would it be?" For me, it is BLESSED! There's simply no other way to describe it, Tom

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

Other Notes: The moment I stopped driving and handed the steering back over to God, things started happening in my life, like a waterfall gushing over doors have opened, opportunities have been presented and created, and I am finding support in places I never imagined I would find it. He is good indeed - seems like He was just waiting for me to stop trying to control everything and let Him move and work in my life. "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11.
    ^^^Right on with that Rosie, it's pretty amazing huh?

20. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    ^^^Right on with that Rosie, it's pretty amazing huh?
    YES!

21. Glad everything is going so well Rosie!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

22. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Glad everything is going so well Rosie!
    Thanks, Josh - it's about time! So, still hoping and praying and surrendering on a daily basis, and at the end of the day if I have more than one direction in which I can go, ask for the wisdom to know where it is I am supposed to be.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    One of my friends asked, "If you could sum up your life right now in one word, what would it be?" For me, it is BLESSED! There's simply no other way to describe it, Tom
    It's a "blessed" few who realize it even when it's true. Good for you Rosie.
  24. Take the Risk!

"It doesn't matter how many times you fall down in life. It matters how many times you get up. Did you know that on average, successful people fail three times more often than unsuccessful people? It's true! What matters most in life is not necessarily what's happening right now. What matters most is how you finish. Are you going to finish strong? Are you going to make a difference in this world?" - Bill Willis

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

Cardio - Rollers:

Stretch 32 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~8 hours, interestingly enough.

Mood/Aggression: Stepping out in faith. Taking the risk.

Energy: I feel FRESH!

Mental Focus and Clarity: Calm. Clear. Collected. Focused.

Endurance: Stoked that this is getting close to being "normal" for me again.

Quality of Training: HIIT was good, even into the headwind for my sprints. The rollers just finished off the session.

Body Composition and Look: Curious for this week's body composition.

Other Notes: If you don't take the chance, you'll never know. Why not risk going after what you want? What do you have to lose? "Like a bird spreading their wings, you must open your mind and believe. The wider you spread your wings, the further you will fly." - Push Harder.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Other Notes: If you don't take the chance, you'll never know. Why not risk going after what you want? What do you have to lose? "Like a bird spreading their wings, you must open your mind and believe. The wider you spread your wings, the further you will fly." - Push Harder.
    That has got to be the best quote I've read in a long time
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

26. Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    That has got to be the best quote I've read in a long time
    The first half was me and how I live my life now. The second half I got from yesterday's Facebook Push Harder post. Both aspects definitely make you step back and rethink things - after all, life was meant to be LIVED!

27. Everything is a CHOICE

"Life only drags you down if YOU let it. We all have bad days...Including me! It's about finding balance, one where you AND life can live in harmony. If you truly want a better you, the only thing holding you back is YOU." - Gina Ostarly

TRAINING

Session 1

Back/Chest (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Reverse Rows (feet on bench) 4 x 10, 10, 10, 8
    2. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 10, 8, 8, 6
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 4 x 8
    4. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on medicine balls) 4 x 10, 10, 10, 8
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Supinated Lat Pull-Downs (in squat position) 4 x 6
    6. Incline BB Bench Press 4 x 8

Post-Weights Cardio - Run:
    3 miles @ 3.4 min/km pace

Stretch 25 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Rollers:

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~4 hours. Ended up passing out after I'd been up for a bit though for another ~2 hours.

Mood/Aggression: NOT letting life drag me down. CHOOSING to be happy and positive and ignore the pain.

Energy: What I need when I need it.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Once I was awake for good, there has been no end (and none allowed until it's time for bed).

Strength: Making sure progress continues to be made.

Pump: Strong - comes pretty easily these days during training, and stays longer afterwards.

Quality of Training: Session 1 - No cardio pre-weights today - made up for it with a 3-mile run before my rollers afterwards. Resistance session was good - could definitely feel my body working, and noticing that the definition is coming out more and more in my upper body. My 3-mile run pace was interesting, considering I didn't feel like I was going that fast at all! . . . Session 2 - Since my tummy has been having that sharp, stabbing pain again these last few days (and because it is a "recovery" week), I just did an easy session on the rollers to help re recovery . . .

Recovery: Since this is the "third" week, this entire week is a "recovery"/"easy" week.

Body Composition and Look: Upper body is getting and definitely looking leaner.

Other Notes: Keeping my hopes up, prayers constant in my heart, doing what I can when I can, a smile even though it might not seem the time for one, knowing that things WILL work out!

28. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

"Life only drags you down if YOU let it. We all have bad days...Including me! It's about finding balance, one where you AND life can live in harmony. If you truly want a better you, the only thing holding you back is YOU." - Gina Ostarly

TRAINING

Session 1

Back/Chest (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Reverse Rows (feet on bench) 4 x 10, 10, 10, 8
    2. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 10, 8, 8, 6
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 4 x 8
    4. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on medicine balls) 4 x 10, 10, 10, 8
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Supinated Lat Pull-Downs (in squat position) 4 x 6
    6. Incline BB Bench Press 4 x 8

Post-Weights Cardio - Run:
    3 miles @ 3.4 min/km pace

Stretch 25 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Rollers:

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~4 hours. Ended up passing out after I'd been up for a bit though for another ~2 hours.

Mood/Aggression: NOT letting life drag me down. CHOOSING to be happy and positive and ignore the pain.

Energy: What I need when I need it.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Once I was awake for good, there has been no end (and none allowed until it's time for bed).

Strength: Making sure progress continues to be made.

Pump: Strong - comes pretty easily these days during training, and stays longer afterwards.

Quality of Training: Session 1 - No cardio pre-weights today - made up for it with a 3-mile run before my rollers afterwards. Resistance session was good - could definitely feel my body working, and noticing that the definition is coming out more and more in my upper body. My 3-mile run pace was interesting, considering I didn't feel like I was going that fast at all! . . . Session 2 - Since my tummy has been having that sharp, stabbing pain again these last few days (and because it is a "recovery" week), I just did an easy session on the rollers to help re recovery . . .

Recovery: Since this is the "third" week, this entire week is a "recovery"/"easy" week.

Body Composition and Look: Upper body is getting and definitely looking leaner.

Other Notes: Keeping my hopes up, prayers constant in my heart, doing what I can when I can, a smile even though it might not seem the time for one, knowing that things WILL work out!

Awesome update Rosie and couldnt have said it any better myself! I myself more times then not keep a smile even if the day has been crappy!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

29. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Awesome update Rosie and couldnt have said it any better myself! I myself more times then not keep a smile even if the day has been crappy!
    Thanks, Josh I am only now just starting to do this, and it is an effort sometimes overcoming the lifetime habit of stressing and beating myself up if I did what I consider "wrong" or "not good enough" or if something happened that was out of my control that was detrimental. And even when I used to smile then, it was almost always blank, just a mask. I don't have to wear masks anymore (well, I chose not to), and I find that if my spirit is refreshed and I have surrendered the day and outcome over to Him, then I can have that smile, a genuine smile, regardless of the circumstances.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12