The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Page 5 of 25 First ... 34567 ... Last

1. I'll have to get that book and give it a go, been hearing a lot about it lately sounds interesting> off to Amazon...

2. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    I'll have to get that book and give it a go, been hearing a lot about it lately sounds interesting> off to Amazon...
    It's a great book, Ryan - as I said, one of my top three and one I have read over and over. I will admit that it's not for everyone, even though I believe that everyone should read it. Let me know how you find it - could make for some interesting discussion.
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com
    •   

3. Purpose Has Passion

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"If God is going to do his deepest work in you, it will begin with this. So give it all to God: your past regrets, your present problems, your future ambitions, your fears, dreams, weaknesses, habits, hurts, and hang ups. Put Jesus Christ in the driver's seat of your life and take your hands off the steering wheel. Don't be afraid; nothing under his control can ever be out of control. Mastered by Christ, you can handle anything." - Rick Warren

TRAINING

Cardio - Run:
    3 miles @ 3.5 min/km pace

Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Very broken. The first time I woke up I was so lightheaded I could barely stand up. Gradually got better the next few times I woke up, until on my final waking when I decided to get up for good, I was fine.

Mood/Aggression: I feel like I did New Year's week - relaxed and at peace. A definite rarity for me and something I want to hold onto.

Energy: If my 3-mile run is anything to go by, my energy is "wow".

Mental Focus and Clarity: My head has never been clearer.

Endurance: Speed endurance is picking up

Quality of Training: 3-mile run was the fastest I have ever done re pace - for ANY run distance. Whilst it may not be fast for a runner, for me it is. This week my running has improved by leaps and bounds, not just in endurance, but speed (the speed aspect could also be because I am getting lighter). I am beyond stoked about it . . . Rollers for "recovery" afterwards . . . My enjoyment for training has returned this week, to STAY

Recovery: Every time I woke I could feel my body aching from yesterday's resistance session; however, now there is no feeling from it. I completed 20 minutes on the rollers after my 3-mile run for leg recovery - I'm thinking my doing this over the last week after almost every training session has been helping immensely. Doing only one training session "block" a day this week has also helped - looks like I'm going to have to make every third week like this one (changes reflected in post #1).

Appetite: This week every other day has been HIGHER than Maintenance, which has been interesting considering that I have made the MOST progress of the last three weeks this week.

Body Composition and Look: Hit 117 pounds this morning - definitely interested in seeing what my body composition is tomorrow, since this week I have seen the most physical progress of the last three weeks.

Other Notes: All my LipoBURN will be gone tomorrow, so it will just be twice daily application of 7-KE (changes reflected in post #1) until I get some more LipoBURN.
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

4. Good book Rosie. Sounds like you're feeling awesome right now. That's great! Keep it up!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Good book Rosie. Sounds like you're feeling awesome right now. That's great! Keep it up!
    It sure is! It's like every time I read it my eyes are opened a little more.

Yes, I am - this week has been a HUGE turning point for me! My head is in a great place. I spent so much time taking care of everything else but my spirit that it got dusty and too downtrodden. Makes a difference refreshing and feeding it.

Hope all is well in your world as well, bud

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    It sure is! It's like every time I read it my eyes are opened a little more.

Yes, I am - this week has been a HUGE turning point for me! My head is in a great place. I spent so much time taking care of everything else but my spirit that it got dusty and too downtrodden. Makes a difference refreshing and feeding it.

Hope all is well in your world as well, bud
    Thanks! I've found that my overall well being is most easily effected by my mental and spiritual condition. Make so much difference in my training!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Thanks! I've found that my overall well being is most easily effected by my mental and spiritual condition. Make so much difference in my training!
    It's never made much of a difference to my training, but I am just now realizing that it does make a difference on my mind and how well I deal with stress.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    It's a great book, Ryan - as I said, one of my top three and one I have read over and over. I will admit that it's not for everyone, even though I believe that everyone should read it. Let me know how you find it - could make for some interesting discussion.
    What are your other 2 top books?
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

9. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    What are your other 2 top books?
    The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett and The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. My top three books couldn't be any more different

I enjoy reading in general, though and devour books the way I consume food when I DO read. Going through textbooks than anything else right now. I need to start reading more again (as a kid, if I wasn't training or writing, you couldn't pry me away from my books), use it to "relax".

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett and The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. My top three books couldn't be any more different

I enjoy reading in general, though and devour books the way I consume food when I DO read. Going through textbooks than anything else right now. I need to start reading more again (as a kid, if I wasn't training or writing, you couldn't pry me away from my books), use it to "relax".
    Added to Amazon wishlist, thanks

I HATE reading in general but I am trying to pick up the habit. My problem is I associate reading too much with school but when I find an enjoyable book it is less like work and more fun. I still wouldn't say I LOVE to read but its growing on me slowly
    PESCIENCE.COM

11. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Added to Amazon wishlist, thanks

I HATE reading in general but I am trying to pick up the habit. My problem is I associate reading too much with school but when I find an enjoyable book it is less like work and more fun. I still wouldn't say I LOVE to read but its growing on me slowly
    I see - it's not for everyone. I LOVE reading - my Mum taught me how to read (and write) well before I went to school and I grew up reading and loving literature. It's an escape world for me.

When I was studying the focus moved though, and reading for relaxation was not really relaxing, since I was always reading textbooks, but it came back.

You know when you have something you enjoy - you don't want to put it down until the very end. I miss all my books - I brought (or had them shipped to me) only the essential textbooks and those three top books with me when I relocated to the US.

12. Purpose Is Focus

"Knowing your purpose simplifies your life. It defines what you do and what you don't do. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren't." - Rick Warren

TRAINING

Today is this week's Day OFF. I was and are tempted to do a light rollers' session, but are leashing myself, since rest and recovery is important to progress.

Since I have made my Day Off on a Sunday over the last three weeks, it will stay like that (changes reflected in post #1). I can get through the training week, no matter how hard.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: On and off for ~10 hours. Still very broken, perpetuated by that sharp and deep inner pain. Honestly, I think the reason I slept so long (and have some of the days this week) is not because of training, but because this pain seems to take so much out of me.

Mood/Aggression: Still on the UP

Energy: I don't have a lot of physical energy today (after being up and down all night/morning with the pain), which is ok, since it's not a training day today.

Mental Focus and Clarity: This is clear, though. Clear, concentrated, and FOCUSED!

Stress: High as ever, but my focus has SHIFTED.

Recovery: It's not training I am "recovering" from.

Body Composition and Look: 117 pounds at 10.6% bodyfat. A 1% bodyfat loss this week - AND that's with only single daily training sessions and every other day at HIGHER than Maintenance calories! The change is definitely noticeable. I am making some progress in getting my lower body mass down (YES - airpunch!) - with a 2-cm girth loss in both my glutes and thighs (also in my waist). Deltoids and arms are looking the best ever. I am excited to see this progress and look forward to the next few weeks!

Other Notes: This week has been a TURNING POINT for me - not just with progress, but with my MIND. I have found what I have been missing. I have renewed the fire that I used to have. I have clarity. I have passion. I have focus. I am READY!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I see - it's not for everyone. I LOVE reading - my Mum taught me how to read (and write) well before I went to school and I grew up reading and loving literature. It's an escape world for me.

When I was studying the focus moved though, and reading for relaxation was not really relaxing, since I was always reading textbooks, but it came back.

You know when you have something you enjoy - you don't want to put it down until the very end. I miss all my books - I brought (or had them shipped to me) only the essential textbooks and those three top books with me when I relocated to the US.
    Couldn't agree more, exactly how I feel. It's all about imagination for me, can make it the way I see it, better than TV or a movie any day!

14. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

Body Composition and Look: 117 pounds at 10.6% bodyfat. A 1% bodyfat loss this week - AND that's with only single daily training sessions and every other day at HIGHER than Maintenance calories! The change is definitely noticeable. I am making some progress in getting my lower body mass down (YES - airpunch!) - with a 2-cm girth loss in both my glutes and thighs (also in my waist). Deltoids and arms are looking the best ever. I am excited to see this progress and look forward to the next few weeks!

Other Notes: This week has been a TURNING POINT for me - not just with progress, but with my MIND. I have found what I have been missing. I have renewed the fire that I used to have. I have clarity. I have passion. I have focus. I am READY!
    Awesome! Looks like everything is coming together for you Rosie!

15. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Couldn't agree more, exactly how I feel. It's all about imagination for me, can make it the way I see it, better than TV or a movie any day!
    When I read it's like I'm reading it's like I'm seeing a movie in my mind (for fiction anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Awesome! Looks like everything is coming together for you Rosie!
    It is I think the easier training week did it - my body has been shattered after the 2-a-day resistance sessions, even if they've only been 2-3 of them a week for a couple of weeks.

16. Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott

Congrats Rosie!! this post got me really pumped!! always inspiring.
    I enjoy reading very much mostly for entertainment I've stopped reading lately because I get so caught up it takes time from other things.
    I've never read The Purpose Driven Life but it sounds like something I might need to pick up right now.
    Keep at it Rosie!
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

17. Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott

Congrats Rosie on your progress!! this post really got me!! always inspiring.
    I enjoy reading very much but have had to drop it because I get so caught up I lose time for other things,
    The Purpose Driven Life looks like somthing I really need to pic up right now, seems it will do me good
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

18. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Congrats Rosie!! this post got me really pumped!! always inspiring.
    I enjoy reading very much mostly for entertainment I've stopped reading lately because I get so caught up it takes time from other things.
    I've never read The Purpose Driven Life but it sounds like something I might need to pick up right now.
    Keep at it Rosie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Congrats Rosie on your progress!! this post really got me!! always inspiring.
    I enjoy reading very much but have had to drop it because I get so caught up I lose time for other things,
    The Purpose Driven Life looks like somthing I really need to pic up right now, seems it will do me good
    Cheers, lady - glad I can inspire you

It's a great book if you ever read it. It definitely change my life when I first read it, and even now, every time I read it, something jumps out at me and makes an impact!

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

"Knowing your purpose simplifies your life. It defines what you do and what you don't do. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren't." - Rick Warren

TRAINING

Awesome! Glad to hear it Rosie! Nothing can stop you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

That's the key right there for me. When I get too busy and spend too much time reading textbooks and working I forget how relaxing reading for PLEASURE can actually be. Sure it takes even more time but it's worth it in my overall mental state. I tend to alternate between fiction and nonfiction books for this reason.

I haven't read any Terry Pratchett in a long time. Good stuff though! My current favorite George R.R. Martin.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    That's the key right there for me. When I get too busy and spend too much time reading textbooks and working I forget how relaxing reading for PLEASURE can actually be. Sure it takes even more time but it's worth it in my overall mental state. I tend to alternate between fiction and nonfiction books for this reason.

I haven't read any Terry Pratchett in a long time. Good stuff though! My current favorite George R.R. Martin.
    When I was younger I used to read primarily fiction - which is maybe why I love writing it and it's an escape for me. Anything non-fiction is generally NOT relaxing for me, even if I am reading it - if I am reading it, there is a reason for it and it's not for "pleasure" and down-time.

I used to read a lot of Colin Forbes and John Grisham amidst the others in my youth. I've never read any George R.R. Martin - might have to one day

21. Purpose Driven Warrior

"Each day holds new opportunities to make decisions that could affect our lives forever. Don't fear the moment. Just do it." - Kyle Anthony Petillo

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 6 x 15, 12, 10, 10, 8, 8
    2. BB Military Press 6 x 12, 12, 12, 10, 10, 10
    3. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 6 x 15, 15, 15, 12, 12, 12

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Stretch 31 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Maintaining positivity, keeping my head in a good place.

Energy: Definitely!

Mental Focus and Clarity: Solid.

Stress: Still as high as ever, but it's not bothering me.

Libido: Normal.

Joints: Wrists have been good. Managing my back so that it's not an issue for me either.

Endurance: Great.

Strength: Today's first session wasn't about strength, but I will be focusing on that for the rest of my Shoulders/Hamstrings session (which is going to be tomorrow morning).

Pump: Strong.

Vascularity: Per usual.

Quality of Training: HIIT was outside (love it), sprints all into a headwind. Doing less sprints that I have in the past, but the change is good. Still making sure I complete 20 minutes duration for the session, so finishing off just running . . . Resistance session was good. really feeling the burn. Intense . . . I think the easy rollers' sessions after all my training sessions made a difference, especially with recovery, even if I wasn't doing my usual high intensity with it, and I am going to continue doing it this week to see what happens . . .

Recovery: I feel great!

Appetite: This is under control - man does it feel good to say that!

Body Composition and Look: Continuing my work in progress

Other Notes: The time you decide what you are going to be determines the pah you will take. "Of all the things one can become in life, I can think of nothing better to be than to be a Champion. A Champion is a WARRIOR. A Champion NEVER settles; never gives up; they strive through the blood, sweat and tears to overcome ALL obstacles placed before them. A Champion IGNORES the pain; they are the first to rise and the last to fall; they will keep on going until they collapse. Champion NEVER accepts defeat; 'failure' is not defeat, but a lesson on how to do better, how not to make the same mistakes. A Champion may fall, but they ALWAYS rise again, fighting back harder than ever. A Champion does NOT make excuses for their shortcomings, but pushes forward, turning their weaknesses into strengths. A Champion burns with the fire of determination and passion; they dare to dream, dreaming of the stars and REFUSE to accept anything less than such heights as they have set their eyes upon. A Champion NEVER backs down or strays from their path; they have a purpose and they will do WHATEVER it takes to achieve it. A Champion has a PURPOSE, forging forward, open to possibilities, forever testing themselves, challenging the 'impossible'. A Champion gives EVERYTHING they have to their cause, holding nothing back, persistently pursuing their goals, dreams and desires with a vengeance to be the absolute BEST that they can be." - Rosie Chee Scott, My Definition of a Champion Life Philosophy

22. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Other Notes: The time you decide what you are going to be determines the pah you will take. "Of all the things one can become in life, I can think of nothing better to be than to be a Champion. A Champion is a WARRIOR. A Champion NEVER settles; never gives up; they strive through the blood, sweat and tears to overcome ALL obstacles placed before them. A Champion IGNORES the pain; they are the first to rise and the last to fall; they will keep on going until they collapse. Champion NEVER accepts defeat; 'failure' is not defeat, but a lesson on how to do better, how not to make the same mistakes. A Champion may fall, but they ALWAYS rise again, fighting back harder than ever. A Champion does NOT make excuses for their shortcomings, but pushes forward, turning their weaknesses into strengths. A Champion burns with the fire of determination and passion; they dare to dream, dreaming of the stars and REFUSE to accept anything less than such heights as they have set their eyes upon. A Champion NEVER backs down or strays from their path; they have a purpose and they will do WHATEVER it takes to achieve it. A Champion has a PURPOSE, forging forward, open to possibilities, forever testing themselves, challenging the 'impossible'. A Champion gives EVERYTHING they have to their cause, holding nothing back, persistently pursuing their goals, dreams and desires with a vengeance to be the absolute BEST that they can be." - Rosie Chee Scott, My Definition of a Champion Life Philosophy
    Is this an excerpt from one of your eBooks? I want MORE!!!!

I read that paragraph and immeadiately thought of this video..

Not sure if you seen it before or not so I figured I would share it with you

Also congrats on the sponsorship!
    PESCIENCE.COM

23. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Is this an excerpt from one of your eBooks? I want MORE!!!!

I read that paragraph and immeadiately thought of this video..

Not sure if you seen it before or not so I figured I would share it with you

Also congrats on the sponsorship!
    Nope, not an excerpt from one of my fitness eBooks - it is my personal Life Philosophy.

No, not seen it before (for some reason videos don't show up on the forums or my blog on my laptop, but I can get to them through "quoting" a post - odd), but it is a motivating clip.

LOL, thanks - Taurus Nutrition became one of my sponsors when it was formed (seen in post #1); it's just now becoming "official"

24. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Very nice I literally got an adrenaline rush when I read through that

//CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

25. I'm here!
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12