The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Page 3 of 16 First 123458 ... Last
  1. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

No More Drifting!

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"It’s completely miraculous what can happen when we choose to embrace and be passionate about our God given purpose in life." - Dan Taulbee

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 5 x 15, 12, 10, 10, 8
    2. BB Military Press 5 x 15, 12, 10, 10, 8
    3. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 5 x 10

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: It's a brand new day, brand new week - another chance to make things HAPPEN!

Energy: My uplifted and positive mood seems to be making me light, gifting me with energy

Mental Focus and Clarity: I know where I want to be and how to get there from where I am.

Stress: The highest it has been in a long time, actually - it's just that I am choosing NOT to let it bother me; a small victory!

Endurance: I could have KEPT running this morning.

Strength: Changed it a little, to take the focus AWAY from strength and getting to the point where the burn was so bad I could not do any more reps for that set.

Pump: Surprisingly, in my TRICEPS.

Vascularity: Normal.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was good. I am doing less sprints at the moment, focusing on making every sprint to the point where I want to collapse afterwards, gasping in air to breathe. I'm pushing myself hard enough to taste blood, so that's a start . . . Resistance session I was pleased with. Probably going to do a slightly lighter than usual and then a heavy one on the days I do 2-a-day resistance trainings . . .

Recovery: I feel great

Other Notes: Sometimes I lose sight of what's important, driving rather than being driven, but I always return to my roots. No more drifting in ANYthing from now on, though!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

damn, rosie. i just read through the log, wow. looks like you are in a much better place, and your focus is as high as ever.

nice!!!!
    IRONCHAMPUSA REP

use code BIGT35OFF at http://www.ironchampusa.com/112.html
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    damn, rosie. i just read through the log, wow. looks like you are in a much better place, and your focus is as high as ever.

nice!!!!
    I'm definitely in a much better place, Tom. A lot better than I was not so long ago. I was given a kick and a reality check and some inspiration. I might not have gotten here without the support that I have had, though, so thank you to all of you (you know who you are) who have lifted my spirits

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Pushing Through The Pain!

"Be the source. Whatever you want to experience in yourself, be the source of it in the lives of others. This is the great secret. This is sacred wisdom. Do unto others as you would have it done unto you." - Guy Francis

TRAINING

Cardio - Run:
    3 miles @ 4 min/km pace

Shoulders/Hamstrings/Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between supersets):
    Superset A -
    1. Hanging Straight-Leg Raise Jackknife 4 x 8
    2. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 12 per side
    Superset B -
    3. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 6
    4. Dips 4 x 6
    Superset C -
    5. Incline DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12
    6. V-Bar Tricep Push-Down 4 x 8
    Superset D -
    7. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 21s
    8. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 12
    Superset E -
    9. Rope Crunches 4 x 20
    10. Lying Leg Curls 4 x 12

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    a. 5 min in 39x18 @ 104-106 rpm
    b. 15 min in 39x17 @ 104-106 rpm

Stretch 26 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~14 hours! Took me quite a while to get to sleep - I felt like someone was ripping out my insides. When I finally drifted off, sleep was broken for a while before settling down. Woke without the chills I had been having prior to sleep, but feeling like someone had run me over with a house! Not sure where the long sleeping period came from - maybe the pain exhausted me?

Mood/Aggression: Determined!

Energy: The pain was still there when I woke up, albeit not as sharp as it was last night/earlier this morning, but it was enough that I didn't feel like doing anything.

Mental Focus and Clarity: I had to REALLY focus on my training today - take my mind off the pain.

Stress: Higher than high.

Endurance: Great.

Strength: Making steady progress.

Pump: Strong.

Vascularity: Strong, especially in arms.

Quality of Training: Run pre-weights was good. Interesting pace, considering how I was feeling . . . Resistance training was a mix of yesterday and today's body-parts, since I didn't get to do a second session last night. The time passed quickly and I was pleased with the progress I am slowly making . . . Sat on the rollers when I got home, to help my legs recover from the Lying Leg Curls (since I know I will get bad DOMS in a few days from them otherwise) . . .

Recovery: I'm recovering more from the severe pain that suddenly wracked my insides last night than from any training - I don't know what it's from, but it's worse than the worst menstrual pain, and just as deep. Weird.

Other Notes: Set up another photoshoot with one of the photographers that I have been wanting to work with for some time, so that's one more thing to look forward to!

5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Get it Rosie!
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by rulk22 View Post
    Get it Rosie!
    On it, Noa

7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.8%

I'm a little late but still; subbed!
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    I'm a little late but still; subbed!
    bud!

9. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

Hope that pain clear up.

Does it feel like internal pain, like something you should be seeing a doctor about? Or do you think it's training related?

Either way Rosie I hope you feel better and take care
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  10. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Hope that pain clear up.

Does it feel like internal pain, like something you should be seeing a doctor about? Or do you think it's training related?

Either way Rosie I hope you feel better and take care
    So do I. It is definitely a deep internal pain, something I have been experiencing and dealing with for quite a while now and should probably see someone about, but I have no faith in medical professionals so I will just push through the pain. No cause for concern.

Thanks, Josh

11. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Passion makes a difference!

"Passion is a feeling that tells you: This is the right thing to do. Nothing can stand in my way. It doesn't matter what anyone else says. This feeling is so good that it cannot be ignored." - Unknown

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    c. 10 min jogging

Stretch 43 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Back to my regular ~5 hours. The pain meant difficulty falling asleep though.

Mood/Aggression: Even when everything seems like it's falling to pieces one can still feel positive and uplifted.

Energy: It came out of nowhere during my HIIT, even though the deep pain from yesterday was still present.

Quality of Training: HIIT was great. Covered the furthest ever in my four minutes pre-sprinting, which was interesting. Sprints were also done well and back up to speed, despite feeling like each one lasted forever. I was pleased with the session and may do another bout of cardio later on.

Recovery: The rollers definitely help my lower body recovery - along with the hot/cold showers.

Body Composition and Look: I noticed last night in the gym that my rear delts have come a long way re development and definition. And this morning my back was looking leaner and more defined than it has when I am leaner, even though I am the palest I have ever been in my life - the extra width and mass is evident.

Other Notes: Keeping my spirit refreshed!

12. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Cant wait for the end result!!
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Wow, looks like things are going pretty good Rosie...well besides the pain, but you know how that is

14. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Cant wait for the end result!!
    Me neither, Chris

From the start of April, the countdowns are as follows:
    5 weeks to Photoshoot with Tony Mitchell
    9.5 weeks to Photoshoot with Dan Ray
    11.5 weeks to Photoshoots with Walt Ostarly
    13 weeks (+ pre-competition week) to Competition

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Wow, looks like things are going pretty good Rosie...well besides the pain, but you know how that is
    Yeppers...Besides the pain - and I'm trying to ignore that as much as possible, Ryan

15. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Keep at it Rosie! NUDGE!
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  16. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Keep at it Rosie! NUDGE!
    Definitely, Josh - wouldn't have it any other way!

17. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

The Purpose Driven Life

"Trust in Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think." - Ephesians 3:20

TRAINING

Back/Chest (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 4 x 10
    2. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 10
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Supinated Close-Grip Lat Pull-Downs (in squat position) 4 x 6
    4. Incline DB Bench Press 4 x 6
    Alternate Set C -
    5. V-Bar Seated Row 4 x 8
    6. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on basketballs) 4 x 8
    Alternate Set D -
    7. T-Bar Rows 4 x 8
    8. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on step) 4 x 12

Post-Weights Cardio - Run:
    3 miles @ 4 min/km

20 min in 39x18 @ 100-104 rpm

Stretch 21 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Still having deep inner pain issues, but it's amazing what a difference a refreshed and uplifted spirit can make to one's mood!

Energy: I was actually moving as if in slow motion during training, but there was energy and time felt like it was moving slowly even if it wasn't.

Mental Focus and Clarity: I am focused.

Joints: My left wrist actually gave out and collapsed on me during my second set of Push-Ups with the basketballs and it was painful to continue, but continue I did.

Strength: This is not lacking by any means.

Pump: Good.

Vascularity: Loving it!

Quality of Training: I started out with resistance training today, which was different, but good. I felt good, even though I felt like I was moving in slow motion between sets. I had to take a minute after my left wrist fell out from under me (my hand being on a basketball didn't help), and because I didn't want to end my session prematurely, I gritted my teeth and dogged on . . . Cardio was good. Surprising myself with my running pace, because I felt like I was moving like a snail (goes to show how wrong our perception can be!) . . . Finished with the rollers to help my legs recover, since this seems to be the best thing for them these days (not to mention the combination of running and cycling is working on my legs to bring out the definition and lean them up) . . .

Recovery: A little slower re cadence on the rollers for active recovery . . . The way this week is going, it also looks like it will be an "easy" week, with only one training session a day (back to 2-a-days from next week though!) . . .

Body Composition and Look: Hips started popping a little today, and also noticed that my calves are getting more defined again.

Other Notes: I'm making my way through The Purpose Driven Life again - just for some light reading Seriously though, Mum gave me this for my 20th birthday, unknowingly at a time in my life when the message inside it was something I needed to hear and read, and I have read over and over throughout the years - it's one of my top three favourite books. The first time I read it I determined my purpose and every time I read it, that purpose is verified, and I am refreshed, coming back to myself and my roots, to find peace in my soul and what really matters. "Without a purpose, life is motion without meaning, activity without direction, and events without reason. Without a purpose, life is trivial, petty, and pointless." - Rick Warren.

18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.8%

That wrist accident sounds painful Hope it isn't very bad and that it recovers quickly!

I hear you on the combination of running and cycling. My legs have never been this defined since I started running and cycling during cardio days. (Not to mention the great impact from front squats )

//CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  19. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    That wrist accident sounds painful Hope it isn't very bad and that it recovers quickly!

I hear you on the combination of running and cycling. My legs have never been this defined since I started running and cycling during cardio days. (Not to mention the great impact from front squats )

//CC
    Thanks, bud. Sometimes my left wrist feels like I've broken it all over again, but what can I do but just suck it up and push on

Yeah, the running and cycling does it for me - I stopped doing anything specific for Legs a long time ago, since I don't need to with those two.

20. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Purpose Gives Clarity

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." - Maya Angelou

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    c. 10 min jogging

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. BB Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 4 x 12
    2. Weighted Crunches (on bench, knees at 90 degree flexion) 4 x 12
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Single-Leg DB Deadlifts 4 x 12 per side
    4. Rope Crunches 4 x 15
    Alternate Set C -
    5. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 12
    6. Incline Dips 4 x 12
    Alternate Set D -
    7. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 12 per side
    8. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 15 per side
    Alternate Set E -
    9. DB Hammer Raises 4 x 12
    10. Seated DB Rear Raises 4 x 12
    Alternate Set F -
    11. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 4 x 12
    12. Cable Pulls 4 x 12 per side

20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Stretch 23 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality:

Mood/Aggression: Attitude changed. Now working on the circumstances.

Energy: Amazing energy - could be from the huge meal I had just after 0000 this morning.

Mental Clarity and Focus: On what is IMPORTANT.

Stress: The stress is still there. However, the last week (yes, even with the pain) has allowed me not to focus on it so much. My head is clearer. My mind is more peaceful - something very rare for me. My spirit is refreshed - I think this has the most to do with it.

Joints: There is NO pain in my left wrist at all today! So unexpected, but welcome!

Endurance: Awesome!

Strength: This session every week is never going to be about strength.

Pump: Didn't appear until I started on Alternate Set C.

Vascularity: Very apparent throughout training. AND afterwards.

Quality of Training: HIIT was great. Sprints were fast and explosive. Doing less means I am able to use the rest of the 20 minutes to "recover" . . . Resistance training was the longest session I have done since last September - didn't feel that long, though. There were a few things that bothered me throughout it, but at the same time I was just happy to be in the gym training . . . Rollers afterwards was for recovery as well . . .

Recovery: My body actually seems to deal BETTER with training when it lasts two hours or more all in one block - it has to be the endurance aspect of it, something I am finding essential for my blood!

Body Composition and Look: My pants were fitting looser today - closer to how they used to be, which is positive . . . There are new burn marks on my stomach from the wheatie that has perpetually been on it when I haven't been training over the last few days - time for Flawless: IDRT to work its magic . . .

Other Notes: Every time I read The Purpose Driven Life I am hit with a new revelation. Today, as I was going through Chapter 6: Life Is a Temporary Assignment it hit me why I have never really felt like I belong anywhere, why there has never been a place I have really felt in my heart to call home. Sure, New Zealand is "home", but there has never been anywhere that I have called HOME. There is one place that I would possibly consider settling in if I ever had to, but I have always been a nomad with wandering feet, never able to or wanting to stay in any one place for very long before moving onto the next. Makes some sense now.

21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%

I'll have to get that book and give it a go, been hearing a lot about it lately sounds interesting> off to Amazon...

22. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

I'll have to get that book and give it a go, been hearing a lot about it lately sounds interesting> off to Amazon...
    It's a great book, Ryan - as I said, one of my top three and one I have read over and over. I will admit that it's not for everyone, even though I believe that everyone should read it. Let me know how you find it - could make for some interesting discussion.

23. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Purpose Has Passion

"If God is going to do his deepest work in you, it will begin with this. So give it all to God: your past regrets, your present problems, your future ambitions, your fears, dreams, weaknesses, habits, hurts, and hang ups. Put Jesus Christ in the driver's seat of your life and take your hands off the steering wheel. Don't be afraid; nothing under his control can ever be out of control. Mastered by Christ, you can handle anything." - Rick Warren

TRAINING

Cardio - Run:
    3 miles @ 3.5 min/km pace

Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Very broken. The first time I woke up I was so lightheaded I could barely stand up. Gradually got better the next few times I woke up, until on my final waking when I decided to get up for good, I was fine.

Mood/Aggression: I feel like I did New Year's week - relaxed and at peace. A definite rarity for me and something I want to hold onto.

Energy: If my 3-mile run is anything to go by, my energy is "wow".

Mental Focus and Clarity: My head has never been clearer.

Endurance: Speed endurance is picking up

Quality of Training: 3-mile run was the fastest I have ever done re pace - for ANY run distance. Whilst it may not be fast for a runner, for me it is. This week my running has improved by leaps and bounds, not just in endurance, but speed (the speed aspect could also be because I am getting lighter). I am beyond stoked about it . . . Rollers for "recovery" afterwards . . . My enjoyment for training has returned this week, to STAY

Recovery: Every time I woke I could feel my body aching from yesterday's resistance session; however, now there is no feeling from it. I completed 20 minutes on the rollers after my 3-mile run for leg recovery - I'm thinking my doing this over the last week after almost every training session has been helping immensely. Doing only one training session "block" a day this week has also helped - looks like I'm going to have to make every third week like this one (changes reflected in post #1).

Appetite: This week every other day has been HIGHER than Maintenance, which has been interesting considering that I have made the MOST progress of the last three weeks this week.

Body Composition and Look: Hit 117 pounds this morning - definitely interested in seeing what my body composition is tomorrow, since this week I have seen the most physical progress of the last three weeks.

Other Notes: All my LipoBURN will be gone tomorrow, so it will just be twice daily application of 7-KE (changes reflected in post #1) until I get some more LipoBURN.

24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.27%

Good book Rosie. Sounds like you're feeling awesome right now. That's great! Keep it up!
  25. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Good book Rosie. Sounds like you're feeling awesome right now. That's great! Keep it up!
    It sure is! It's like every time I read it my eyes are opened a little more.

Yes, I am - this week has been a HUGE turning point for me! My head is in a great place. I spent so much time taking care of everything else but my spirit that it got dusty and too downtrodden. Makes a difference refreshing and feeding it.

Hope all is well in your world as well, bud

26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    It sure is! It's like every time I read it my eyes are opened a little more.

Yes, I am - this week has been a HUGE turning point for me! My head is in a great place. I spent so much time taking care of everything else but my spirit that it got dusty and too downtrodden. Makes a difference refreshing and feeding it.

Hope all is well in your world as well, bud
    Thanks! I've found that my overall well being is most easily effected by my mental and spiritual condition. Make so much difference in my training!
  27. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Thanks! I've found that my overall well being is most easily effected by my mental and spiritual condition. Make so much difference in my training!
    It's never made much of a difference to my training, but I am just now realizing that it does make a difference on my mind and how well I deal with stress.

28. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

It's a great book, Ryan - as I said, one of my top three and one I have read over and over. I will admit that it's not for everyone, even though I believe that everyone should read it. Let me know how you find it - could make for some interesting discussion.
    What are your other 2 top books?
  29. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

What are your other 2 top books?
    The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett and The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. My top three books couldn't be any more different

I enjoy reading in general, though and devour books the way I consume food when I DO read. Going through textbooks than anything else right now. I need to start reading more again (as a kid, if I wasn't training or writing, you couldn't pry me away from my books), use it to "relax".

30. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%

The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett and The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. My top three books couldn't be any more different

I enjoy reading in general, though and devour books the way I consume food when I DO read. Going through textbooks than anything else right now. I need to start reading more again (as a kid, if I wasn't training or writing, you couldn't pry me away from my books), use it to "relax".
    Added to Amazon wishlist, thanks

I HATE reading in general but I am trying to pick up the habit. My problem is I associate reading too much with school but when I find an enjoyable book it is less like work and more fun. I still wouldn't say I LOVE to read but its growing on me slowly
  31. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Added to Amazon wishlist, thanks

I HATE reading in general but I am trying to pick up the habit. My problem is I associate reading too much with school but when I find an enjoyable book it is less like work and more fun. I still wouldn't say I LOVE to read but its growing on me slowly
    I see - it's not for everyone. I LOVE reading - my Mum taught me how to read (and write) well before I went to school and I grew up reading and loving literature. It's an escape world for me.

When I was studying the focus moved though, and reading for relaxation was not really relaxing, since I was always reading textbooks, but it came back.

You know when you have something you enjoy - you don't want to put it down until the very end. I miss all my books - I brought (or had them shipped to me) only the essential textbooks and those three top books with me when I relocated to the US.

32. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Purpose Is Focus

"Knowing your purpose simplifies your life. It defines what you do and what you don't do. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren't." - Rick Warren

TRAINING

Today is this week's Day OFF. I was and are tempted to do a light rollers' session, but are leashing myself, since rest and recovery is important to progress.

Since I have made my Day Off on a Sunday over the last three weeks, it will stay like that (changes reflected in post #1). I can get through the training week, no matter how hard.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: On and off for ~10 hours. Still very broken, perpetuated by that sharp and deep inner pain. Honestly, I think the reason I slept so long (and have some of the days this week) is not because of training, but because this pain seems to take so much out of me.

Mood/Aggression: Still on the UP

Energy: I don't have a lot of physical energy today (after being up and down all night/morning with the pain), which is ok, since it's not a training day today.

Mental Focus and Clarity: This is clear, though. Clear, concentrated, and FOCUSED!

Stress: High as ever, but my focus has SHIFTED.

Recovery: It's not training I am "recovering" from.

Body Composition and Look: 117 pounds at 10.6% bodyfat. A 1% bodyfat loss this week - AND that's with only single daily training sessions and every other day at HIGHER than Maintenance calories! The change is definitely noticeable. I am making some progress in getting my lower body mass down (YES - airpunch!) - with a 2-cm girth loss in both my glutes and thighs (also in my waist). Deltoids and arms are looking the best ever. I am excited to see this progress and look forward to the next few weeks!

Other Notes: This week has been a TURNING POINT for me - not just with progress, but with my MIND. I have found what I have been missing. I have renewed the fire that I used to have. I have clarity. I have passion. I have focus. I am READY!

33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%

I see - it's not for everyone. I LOVE reading - my Mum taught me how to read (and write) well before I went to school and I grew up reading and loving literature. It's an escape world for me.

When I was studying the focus moved though, and reading for relaxation was not really relaxing, since I was always reading textbooks, but it came back.

You know when you have something you enjoy - you don't want to put it down until the very end. I miss all my books - I brought (or had them shipped to me) only the essential textbooks and those three top books with me when I relocated to the US.
    Couldn't agree more, exactly how I feel. It's all about imagination for me, can make it the way I see it, better than TV or a movie any day!

34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%

Body Composition and Look: 117 pounds at 10.6% bodyfat. A 1% bodyfat loss this week - AND that's with only single daily training sessions and every other day at HIGHER than Maintenance calories! The change is definitely noticeable. I am making some progress in getting my lower body mass down (YES - airpunch!) - with a 2-cm girth loss in both my glutes and thighs (also in my waist). Deltoids and arms are looking the best ever. I am excited to see this progress and look forward to the next few weeks!

Other Notes: This week has been a TURNING POINT for me - not just with progress, but with my MIND. I have found what I have been missing. I have renewed the fire that I used to have. I have clarity. I have passion. I have focus. I am READY!
    Awesome! Looks like everything is coming together for you Rosie!

35. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Couldn't agree more, exactly how I feel. It's all about imagination for me, can make it the way I see it, better than TV or a movie any day!
    When I read it's like I'm reading it's like I'm seeing a movie in my mind (for fiction anyways)

Awesome! Looks like everything is coming together for you Rosie!
    It is I think the easier training week did it - my body has been shattered after the 2-a-day resistance sessions, even if they've only been 2-3 of them a week for a couple of weeks.

36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.61%

Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott

Congrats Rosie!! this post got me really pumped!! always inspiring.
    I enjoy reading very much mostly for entertainment I've stopped reading lately because I get so caught up it takes time from other things.
    I've never read The Purpose Driven Life but it sounds like something I might need to pick up right now.
    Keep at it Rosie!
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'1"  111 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.61%

Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott

Congrats Rosie on your progress!! this post really got me!! always inspiring.
    I enjoy reading very much but have had to drop it because I get so caught up I lose time for other things,
    The Purpose Driven Life looks like somthing I really need to pic up right now, seems it will do me good
    smallfry@athleticxtreme.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

38. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Congrats Rosie!! this post got me really pumped!! always inspiring.
    I enjoy reading very much mostly for entertainment I've stopped reading lately because I get so caught up it takes time from other things.
    I've never read The Purpose Driven Life but it sounds like something I might need to pick up right now.
    Keep at it Rosie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Congrats Rosie on your progress!! this post really got me!! always inspiring.
    I enjoy reading very much but have had to drop it because I get so caught up I lose time for other things,
    The Purpose Driven Life looks like somthing I really need to pic up right now, seems it will do me good
    Cheers, lady - glad I can inspire you

It's a great book if you ever read it. It definitely change my life when I first read it, and even now, every time I read it, something jumps out at me and makes an impact!

39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.27%

"Knowing your purpose simplifies your life. It defines what you do and what you don't do. Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren't." - Rick Warren

TRAINING

Awesome! Glad to hear it Rosie! Nothing can stop you now.

That's the key right there for me. When I get too busy and spend too much time reading textbooks and working I forget how relaxing reading for PLEASURE can actually be. Sure it takes even more time but it's worth it in my overall mental state. I tend to alternate between fiction and nonfiction books for this reason.

I haven't read any Terry Pratchett in a long time. Good stuff though! My current favorite George R.R. Martin.
  40. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

That's the key right there for me. When I get too busy and spend too much time reading textbooks and working I forget how relaxing reading for PLEASURE can actually be. Sure it takes even more time but it's worth it in my overall mental state. I tend to alternate between fiction and nonfiction books for this reason.

I haven't read any Terry Pratchett in a long time. Good stuff though! My current favorite George R.R. Martin.
    When I was younger I used to read primarily fiction - which is maybe why I love writing it and it's an escape for me. Anything non-fiction is generally NOT relaxing for me, even if I am reading it - if I am reading it, there is a reason for it and it's not for "pleasure" and down-time.

I used to read a lot of Colin Forbes and John Grisham amidst the others in my youth. I've never read any George R.R. Martin - might have to one day

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12