The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
INTRODUCTION

I've been blessed enough to team up with Performance Enhancing Supplements (Phases I and II), Genomyx (Phase I), and Taurus Nutrition (Phase II) for my 2011 competition season.

Phase I of my competition preparation is complete, and I've just finished logging Genomyx's H.E.A.T. Stack (standalone and with DCP, as well as other goodies): Genomyx H.E.A.T.s up the Female Terminator with DCP to Smolder for Competition.

Now it's onto Phase II! I have FIVE weeks left until competition.

GOALS

CUTTING mode for the next five weeks (I don't count the week immediately pre-competition, since that will be the "peak" week, specific for me re 7-day "diet-down" re competition), with the goal to get to 7% bodyfat (or as low as physiologically possible - and this time I AM going to do it!)

Re physique, I need to:
* Maintain the muscle mass gained over the last ~7 weeks in my back and especially my deltoids and arms
* Lose the 4-5 inches gained in my glutes and thighs (I can afford to lose muscle mass here)

Re competition, I need to work on:
* Posing, so that my Quarter Turns and T-Walk are the best possible to highlight my physique
* Stage Presence and being confident, acting like I am the sexiest thing there and know it (being a tomboy by nature, this - next to dieting - is going to be the hardest thing for me to do)

Image courtesy of Ray Scott

BODY STATISTICS

I'm starting this log at:
* Body Composition of 11.7% bodyfat
* Body Mass of 126.6 pounds

TRAINING

Monday**: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders/Hamstrings

Tuesday**: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Arms

Wednesday**: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Chest/Abs

Thursday**: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Back

Friday**: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body

Saturday or Sunday***: HIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min

** 2-a-day trainings on 4-5 of these days, with the second session at least 20 minutes - posing practice (to start when I get under 10% bodyfat) at the end of that session.
*** Either Saturday or Sunday to be my Day Off.

However, it is also highly likely that I will label my days as Day 1 to day 6 and NOT schedule in my weekly Day Off, but take it once a week when required, and continue on with training from where I left off before it.

With resistance training, I use lower reps - not just so that I can lift heavier, but because lower reps at a heavy weight for me personally means improved strength, maintenance mass, and more ease with fat loss. I always lift as heavy as I can for the reps I set out to do each session, and I use 30 seconds to 1 minute recovery between sets/supersets/trisets/giant sets.

I generally do not do any specific work for my legs as my lower body overwhelms my upper body - if I train legs, I gain muscle mass despite what I do and more muscle in my legs is NOT what I want or need. ANY Legs work (i.e. Full-Body days) I deliberately use lighter weights for.

As much of my cardio as possible is going to be done RUNNING, since my body responds best re fat loss to high running (or cycling) mileage.

From 14 March:

Monday***: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders/Hamstrings

Tuesday***: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Arms/Abs

Wednesday***: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min

Thursday***: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Back/Chest

Friday***: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body

Saturday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min

Sunday: Day Off

*** Every first and second week - 2-a-day trainings on 3-5 of these days, with the second session at least 20 minutes.
Every third week - training block once daily.

25 April to 1 May:

Week OFF RESISTANCE training, cardio on 3-5 days

From 2 May:

Monday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body

Tuesday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body

Wednesday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Upper Body

Thursday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min

Friday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders/Arms/Abs

From 23 May:

Monday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders/Hamstrings

Tuesday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Arms/Abs

Wednesday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min

Thursday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Back/Chest

Friday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body

From 4 July:

Monday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders/Hamstrings

Tuesday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Arms/Abs

Wednesday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min

Thursday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body

Friday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders/Arms/Abs

Image courtesy of Ray Scott

NUTRITION

My nutrition does not play as much of a role as my training does in my conditioning. However, I know what works for my body, what I am sensitive to, and what I feel better eating, and I HAVE to stop or minimize the foods that I am sensitive and have intolerances to, since my body can no longer handle the weekly fluctuations of 10-15 pounds gain and then loss - sometimes over only a few days - in scale weight. I am working on making it better, so that my nutrition COMPLIMENTS my training and works WITH my body, instead of constantly making everything more difficult. I AM going to conquer my issues with nutrition by the end of my competition preparation!

Even though I will be calorie cycling, with 5-6 meals daily, 2-3 hours apart, LISTENING to my body on a daily basis and adjusting my nutrition (as I do my training) as required, I am going to be following my own modification of Ryan's modified Paleo Style Diet with no dairy, wheat, oats, soy, corn, peanuts, or legumes. Basmati rice, kumara (i.e. sweet potato), and fruits are going to be my sources of carbohydrates, alongside good fats of Naturally More peanut butter, and protein primarily from chicken, liquid egg whites, fish, and my Muscle Gels.

I drink 1-2 UK galleons (a UK galleon is 4.54 litres) of water a day, with the only other liquid that I consume re drinks being herbal or green tea.

SUPPLEMENTS

(in alphabetical order):

Alpha-T2: 2 caps first thing and 2 caps ~8 hours post-Dose 1 (from 17 March to 9 April)/
Start again 7 May (until 9 July).

Assault (Raspberry Lemonade flavour) 1 serving ~30 min pre-am training and 1 serving ~30 min pre-pm training/
From 7 April - 1/3 serving Green Apple + 2/3 serving Raspberry Lemonade ~30 min pre-training (until 10 July).

BC+EAA (Grape flavour): 21 grams post-Meal 1, 10.5 grams post-Meal 3, and 21 grams post-Meal 5/
From 14 April - Watermelon-Kiwi flavour, using 10.5-21 grams 2-3 times daily (until 17 May)/
Start again 1 June - Watermelon-Kiwi flavour, using 21 grams 2-3 times daily (until 27 June).

Erase: 2 caps first thing, 2 caps 6-8 hours post-Dose 1, and 1 cap pre-bed (until 14 April)/
Start again 7 May (until 29 June).

IGF-2: 3 caps first thing (until 26 April)/
Start again 17 June - 2 caps first thing, 2 caps ~40 min pre-training, and 2 caps pre-bed/
From 21 June - 3 caps first thing (until 3 July).

Lipotrophin-PM: 2 caps first thing and 2 caps pre-bed (until 11 March).

MuscleGels (Tropical Mango and Key Lime flavours): 1-2 packets daily/
From 16 June - 1-2 packets daily in Key Lime flavour only.

Organic VitaBerry: 5 grams post-Meal 1 or post-Meal 5 (until 3 April).

RecoverPRO (Red Raspberry flavour): 1-3 scoops 2-3 times daily (from 18 to 31 May)/
Start again 28 June.

Shift: 2 caps first thing, 2 caps ~8 hours post-Dose 1, and 1 cap pre-bed (until 16 March).

Shred Matrix: 3 caps immediately post-training and 3 caps either immediately post-training (if a second session) or ~30 min pre-Meal 5 (until 29 May)/
Start again 3 June - 3 caps immediately post-training and either first thing/pre-bed or ~30 min pre-meal later in the day (until 10 July).

Topicals: LipoBURN applied post-post-training/morning shower and pre-bed/
From 14 March - ~150mg 7-KE Topical Spray pre-LipoBURN application twice daily/
From 4 April - ~150mg 7-KE Topical Spray post-shower twice daily/
From 15 April - ~150mg 7-KE Topical Spray pre-LipoBURN application twice daily (until 10 July).

Vitamin C: 1 gram first thing, 1 gram immediately post-training, and 1 gram pre-bed (until 6 June)/
Start again 1 July.

COMMENTS

Please note that I may or may not comment on all the factors listed below in each 'update'.

Sleep - Time and Quality
Mood/Aggression
Energy
Mental Focus and Clarity
Stress
Libido
Joints
Endurance
Strength
Pump
Vascularity
Quality of Training
Recovery
Appetite
Body Composition and Look
Other Notes
Competition Notes

Last edited:
oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now that is a Rosie stack! Good luck and let's see you get down to the magical number 7!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go Rosie!. Excellent work so far. Keep it up!. Really great to see the all the planning that goes into your routine. Oh yeah, not bad to see the end result either!.

"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail."

I'm not sure who first said that quote but I think it goes perfectly for what you have accomplished here so far. Keep going the way you are and I believe you will not only reach your goal but exceed your expectations!.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go Rosie!. Excellent work so far. Keep it up!. Really great to see the all the planning that goes into your routine. Oh yeah, not bad to see the end result either!.

"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail."

I'm not sure who first said that quote but I think it goes perfectly for what you have accomplished here so far. Keep going the way you are and I believe you will not only reach your goal but exceed your expectations!.
Thanks, bud :)

I'm hoping so! I have one thing now that I did not have when I was cycling, and that is a support network - it definitely makes a difference, and I now hold myself accountable to more than just myself!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet I'm in, Rosie you are an inspiration and invaluable to this board!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love your dedication and intensity! This stack ROCKS!!! I still need to get in on the PES lineup, but I have used most of the others . . . . but not all at once!!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet I'm in, Rosie you are an inspiration and invaluable to this board!
Ryan! Nice to see you in here. Am is good to me - you can see why I call it my "home" board :)

I love your dedication and intensity! This stack ROCKS!!! I still need to get in on the PES lineup, but I have used most of the others . . . . but not all at once!!!!
Thanks. It does indeed - that's why it's my favourite and why many of these products are in my "top" supplement list. You should definitely try PES' products when you get a chance - you will not be disappointed. As far as how "big" my stack is, remember that I HAVE used every single product here standalone before, as well as stacked with all of the products listed :scool:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
44 Days Out: No Limits!

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

TRAINING

Session 1

Cardio - 3 mile Run.

Stretch 26 min.

Session 2

Chest/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 6
2. Incline DB Bench Press 4 x 8, 7, 5, 5
3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on swissballs) 4 x 6
4. Cable Crossovers 4 x 8, 10, 10, 12
5. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises (feet to touch bar) 4 x 6

Post-Weights Cardio - CrossRamp:
10 min @ R10/CR10

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Waking at the right time ~0430, but went back to sleep - like yesterday - for almost as long as I'd slept initially, giving me ~8 hours sleep. I NEED to get up at 0430 (I can go back to bed after am training if I have to)!

Mood/Aggression: Reflective. Had some good news today. Some unexpected occurrences as well.

Energy: Had energy right up until ~1900, where I think I passed out briefly for ~20 minutes before I was rudely woken up.

Mental Focus and Clarity: There for most of the day. Now, after pm training, I am going to be wide awake for a while (doesn't help going to sleep at ~0130 when I want to get up at ~0430).

Stress: High.

Libido: Mind has been on other things today.

Joints: Left wrist was in extreme pain during the Push-Ups in my pm resistance session today - almost as bad as when I started back training after I broke it. Was NOT a happy camper with that.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: Now that I have someone there when pm training who I can ask to put the DB into my hands for some of the exercises (since I can't 'swing up' DB over ~35 pounds by myself - even though I can do the exercise fine once I have them in the starting position, and certainly not with my wrist the way it is), my strength is on the rise again with the exercises that I have since I have been in the US been going lighter with.

Pump: Not as strong as in previous days. However, post-meals, it is.

Vascularity: Strong through my anterior deltoids and forearms - and this is withOUT even a brief ~10-minute 'warm-up' pre-weights!

Quality of Training: 3-mile run was good. Outside. Still a bit of ice in places, but it's gone for the most part. Windy, but that's better than running on an indoor track with stifling air. Pace was on the slower side - because of the extra mass I am carrying and not being as fit as I was - but it will get better . . . Resistance sessions on Chest/Abs day will always be done in my pm training session - it's really the only session with exercises that I require aid with some of the DB exercises in getting the DB up. Session was good this evening. Surprised that strength on Incline DB Bench Press was not too far off what I was doing back in NZ . . .

Recovery: I definitely notice that doing double resistance sessions takes a bit out of me. Also because I am just getting back into Maintenance training makes a difference, and by next week, my body should have settled somewhat into it.

Appetite: Got the munchies terrible bad ~1600, and in two hours I ate more food and calories than any competitor who was preparing and dieting for competition would consume in a WEEK! That's DEFINITELY got to STOP!

Body Composition and Look: I have to do in five weeks what Ava Cowan did in five MONTHS (in 2009)! I can do this, though, I CAN!

Other Notes: I have a photoshoot two days before my competition, so preparing for that as well. Looking forward to it - going to be exciting times!

Competition Notes: Posing Practice is likely to start next week or the one after. I'm going to do it after my pm training session in the weights room, since it's pretty abandoned between 2100-2130, and then I won't feel like such a goof trying to do it when others are training - although I need to get RID of this feeling, since on stage I have to lose my self-consciousness and feel and act like a GODDESS.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
43 Days Out

"Stop viewing discipline as something you are forced to do to succeed, rather view it as something you want and need to do to experience all the wonders life has to offer. This small shift will not only make a huge difference to the results you will enjoy but you will be far happier and what was discipline before becomes routine and effortless success." - Guy Francis

TRAINING

Session 1

Back (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 5 x 8
2. Supinated Lat Pull-Down 5 x 8
3. T-Bar Row 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
4. V-Bar Close-Grip Seated Rows 3 x 12
5. BB Deadlifts 2 x 5

Post-Weights Cardio:
1. Skip/Box -
a. Skip 5 min
b. Rest 1 min
c. Skip 1 min
d. Straight Punches 1 min
e. Skip 1 min
f. Hooks 1 min
g. Skip 1 min
h. Uppercuts 1 min
i. Skip 1 min
j. Pitter-Patter 1 min
k. Skip 1 min
l. Speed Bag 1 min
2. Run (on length of basketball court) -
a. 16 x suicides
b. 8 x backwards (up court) and forwards (back)
3. Skip/Run (on length of basketball court - run) -
a. Skip 1 min
b. forwards (up court) and alternates (back)
c. Skip 1 min
d. forwards (up court) and alternates (back)
e. Skip 1 min

Stretch 20 min.

Session 2

Cardio 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Not going to sleep until ~0215, getting ~7.5 hours sleep.

Endurance: Fine.

Strength: Strength was great, actually :)

Pump: Some.

Vascularity: Strong.

Quality of Training: Resistance session was good. Felt good to be going back to body-part splits . . . Post-Weights Cardio was a mix and match of things. I started my boxing on a heavy bag, but without bag gloves or wraps, my knuckles got pretty beaten, so moved to doing a few suicides . . .

Recovery: Figured out how to plan my 2-a-day resistance sessions to allow for optimal recovery.

Other Notes: After this week, I will have an idea of how my body responds to training like this again, and make a few adjustments to better optimize training quality and recovery. It feels good to be BACK!

SBT

SBT

Awards
subbed and following along as you take on the home stretch!! :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is awesome to see. I wish you nothing but the best, Rosie. I know you're going to kick some serious azz!! :)

-John

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed and following along as you take on the home stretch!! :)
Thanks, chica.

This is awesome to see. I wish you nothing but the best, Rosie. I know you're going to kick some serious azz!! :)

-John
I hope to make it awesome, John! So nice to see you here :party:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't have to hope to make it Rosie. You will make it. Put any doubt out of your mind!.Keep on pushing your limits and you will break through. Just keep going, don't stop for anything.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't have to hope to make it Rosie. You will make it. Put any doubt out of your mind!.Keep on pushing your limits and you will break through. Just keep going, don't stop for anything.
Message received! It's time for some more :buttkick:

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subba dub dubbed.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strength: Now that I have someone there when pm training who I can ask to put the DB into my hands for some of the exercises (since I can't 'swing up' DB over ~35 pounds by myself - even though I can do the exercise fine once I have them in the starting position, and certainly not with my wrist the way it is), my strength is on the rise again with the exercises that I have since I have been in the US been going lighter with.
Man do I know how that can be a pain in the ass. I have trouble when they get in the 200's...

Glad you have someone to help you out Rosie!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man do I know how that can be a pain in the ass. I have trouble when they get in the 200's...

200's or 20's (I know you can handle more than a measly 20 pounds)? :lol:

Yeah, it helps knowing that I HAVE to be at the gym for a second time 4-5 nights a week because someone else will be there as well - good way to keep me on track with the 2-a-day sessions, as if I do 2-4 hours in the morning, I can not feel like training later on. Aiming for 3-4 hours training total 5-6 days a week, one day off, and another lighter volume but intense day of under an hour.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

WOW:yikes: 200lb DBs!!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reassessment and Change of Plan

"Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time." - Arnold H. Glasgow

TRAINING

HIT:
a. Treadmill @ 12.8 km/hr 1 min
b. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
c. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumps 1 min
d. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
e. Deadbugs (with medicine ball) 1 min
f. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
g. Burpees (with push-up) 1 min
h. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
i. Weighted Crunches (knees at 90 degree flexion) 1 min
j. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
k. Plank 1 min
l. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
m. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumps 1 min
n. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
o. Deadbugs (with medicine ball) 1 min
p. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
q. Burpees (with push-up) 1 min
r. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
s. Weighted Crunches (knees at 90 degree flexion) 1 min
t. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
u. Plank 1 min
v. Treadmill @ 14.4 km/hr 1 min
w. Treadmill @ 16 km/hr 1 min

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Was still wide awake at 0230 - sleeping schedule not getting off to the best of starts. Tomorrow I am getting up at ~0430 regardless, period, no matter what time I go to bed and sleep, because I HAVE to get back into a schedule! I do better when I am on routine.

Mood/Aggression: Feel good after training.

Energy: Definitely there.

Mental Focus and Clarity: I am focused. Reassessed everything, figured out the best plan of action.

Stress: Decreased somewhat, based on today's decisions.

Libido: High.

Joints: Left wrist clicks and cracks on and off, but there is barely any pain now.

Pump: In legs!

Vascularity: Blue lines just under my skin.

Quality of Training: First time back doing this kind of HIT session. Thoroughly enjoyed it. My face was bright red, like I'd been sunburnt badly at the end of it, which was a surprise, since my face hasn't been so red during training in a LONG time - in fact, it usually goes WHITE with intense training! It felt great to be pushing my body like that again!

Recovery: Yesterday I was shattered, but today I was fresh. I will probably feel the effects of today's training tomorrow if I do.

Appetite: Working on getting under control - it's been off the wall the last couple of weeks. Even Sean commented yesterday that I've been worse than usual, and for someone who calls me the "human garbage disposal" that's something, LOL (NOT laughing, though).

Body Composition and Look: 127.8 pounds at 11.6% bodyfat. So, a minimal decrease of 0.1% bodyfat. My body is still recomping, with a gain of 1.1874 pounds of lean body mass (and also 0.0126 pounds of bodyfat). Whilst a recomp is good, right now it's not really desirable.

Competition Notes: Knowing what the last couple of weeks have been like, I made the decision yesterday to be honest with myself and my ability to achieve the size I need to be in the timeframe that I have for the competition on 16 April, once I knew my body statistics re my figure today. Yes, I have gained a good amount of muscle mass in my upper body over the last eight weeks, with an extra inch in my deltoids and arms, and two inches in my back. However, for those gains, I have added a further FOUR inches to both my hips/glutes and thighs - all of which I need to LOSE. Kicker: I want to lose the extra mass and girths in my lower body withOUT sacrificing any of the muscle mass that I have gained in my UPPER body. A very hard thing to do. Hard, but not impossible. Definitely not realistic in 5-6 weeks though, since I know I can lose ~1cm a week re girths in my lower body with perfect nutrition and training, and I need to lose 11-13cm (at least, to fit into my posing suit)! The next competition I had planned for 2011 was the INBF Southwestern Natural Championships on 16 July - this is ~18 weeks away, which is a more realistic timeframe to lose the lower body mass and girths, whilst maintaining as much of the upper body muscle as I can. Therefore, I have decided to forego the April competition and make the July competition my first of the year - the longer competition preparation will ensure that I can bring in the best physique possible re leanness and size. However, this is not to say that I can be slack about getting back into a routine, or with nutrition and training - I have a photoshoot 14 April and several more throughout April and May, so I still HAVE to get lean and into shape! I am still going to do my best to get as lean as I can in the next 5-6 weeks, but if I don't lose all of the lower body size that I need to for competition before the photoshoots, it's not as big of a deal - and be better in the long term in being able to maintain the leanness that I want to.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Present!... You need to be pushed, so wheres the before pics at????? :thinking:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Present!... You need to be pushed, so wheres the before pics at????? :thinking:
I DO need to be pushed, Chris! :nana: Which is why Sean has permission to pick me up and drop me unceremoniously on the floor if I do not get up when woken up at 0430 :toofunny: (Monday to Friday; I might give myself permission to "sleep in" on the weekend :D)! And why I have to be at the gym at ~2200 Monday to Friday! :AR15firing:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
131 Days out from Competition

"Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different action or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all. " - Norman Vincent Peale

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 16 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 10 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 6 x 8
2. BB Military Press 6 x 10
3. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 6 x 12

Post-Weights Cardio - Run:
3 miles @ 5.8 min/mile (i.e. 3.6 min/km) pace

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~4 hours. Fresh and perky on waking!

Mood/Aggression: Determined to remain upbeat and positive!

Energy: Definitely there, especially post-am weights, which was a surprise.

Endurance: AMAZING!

Strength: Excellent.

Pump: Very high through deltoids.

Vascularity: Good.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was great - definitely love running outside more than on an indoor track or treadmill. Weather was like a crisp Christchurch morning - nice. Was surprised at my pace, honestly, given what my running on the indoor track at the gym has been like. Had the energy for more efforts - so going to be returning to my higher efforts from now on . . . Resistance training was great. Deep burn and icy feel through my deltoids during Behind-the-neck Military Press - some nerves being affected there, which is normal. Hit up 18 sets . . . Post-Weights Cardio was the BIGGEST surprise I have had in ages, and definitely the most unexpected during training in at least a YEAR! Given the fact that I had ALREADY completed a HIIT Run outside with half of it uphill pre-weights, I was not expecting to be going very fast at all POST-weights. I covered the distance in the FASTEST time I have EVER done in the whole entire time I have been in the US, and at a pace I would have found difficult to maintain over that distance when I AM my usual fitness! Definitely pleased, but also confused. Freak one-off? We'll see soon enough . . .

Recovery: Not noticing anything yet re feeling tired.

Appetite: Trying something new but still to plan re nutrition - a modification on intermittent fasting (thanks, Nick), with the bulk of my calories and carbohydrates in the meal/s (if double sessions that day) post-training, maintaining the food consumed in the modification of the Paleo Diet (as noted in post #1). Hoping that this will FINALLY allow me to CONQUER my disciplinary issues with food and my lifetime of an endless appetite and excessive eating!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
130 Days Out

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Frank Herbert, Dune - - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

TRAINING

Session 1

Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 8 x 12
2. Close-Grip Flat BB Bench Press 8 x 6

Post-Weights Cardio - Treadmill:
a. 4 x 2.5 min @ 14.4 km/hr / 30 sec rest

Arms (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset B -
3. DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12, 8, 8, 6
4. Dips 4 x 8, 8, 8, 6
Superset C -
5. DB Concentration Curls 4 x 8 per side
6. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 4 x 6

a. 2 x 1 min @ 14.4 km/hr / 30 sec rest
b. 2 x 1 min @ 15.2 km/hr / 30 sec rest
c. 2 x 1 min @ 16 km/hr / 30 sec rest
d. 1 x 1 min @ 16.8 km/hr

Stretch 20 min.

Session 2

Arms/Shoulders (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 21s
2. DB French Press 4 x 6
Superset B -
3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 8 per arm
4. Plate Hammer Raises 4 x 6

10 min @ R10/CR10

Arms/Shoulders (1 min recovery between sets):
5. DB Hammer Bicep Curl/Clean and Press 4 x 8, 8, 6, 6

Post-Weights Cardio - Run 10 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~9 hours sleep.

Mood/Aggression: Interesting. Mostly positive.

Energy: Definite energy.

Joints: Left wrist has been aching a little, but it is not excruciating as it has been.

Endurance: Great.

Strength: Increasing the weighs with some exercises, seeing that my strength is still gaining.

Pump: Strong.

Vascularity: Not as strong as it has been, but decent.

Quality of Training: Did something a little different today - starting with resistance training, going to a brief stint of cardio, then back to more weights, finishing with cardio. It was good - an interesting way of changing things up and keeping motivation going . . . Going to work my lateral delts in tonight's session, since I passed out last night close to when I was supposed to do my pm training session . . .

Recovery: My hamstrings are FEELING it from yesterday!

Body Composition and Look: I can see my top two abs - needs to be a whole lot BETTER!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Nice quotes by the way, had to read all of them :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
129 Days Out

"Sometimes in life you want to be different than you normally are. Step into the box of unknown. We all have insecurities, even me, we rise above when we challenge ourselves and dare to explore." - Monica Brant

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 14 min jogging

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours sleep. Still not going to sleep until the time I want to be GETTING UP - which is annoying and frustrating to say the least (training in the evening is not exhausting me and having me ready to fall into bed asleep as I thought it might, but keeping me WIDE AWAKE)! GOT to get back into SCHEDULE!

Mood/Aggression: I had a huge smile on my face this morning.

Pump: LEGS!

Quality of Training: HIIT was good - definitely prefer running outside. Uphill and inclines. Sprints were good. Feeling my legs - especially calves.

Recovery: My arms and deltoids and legs ACHE.

Other Notes: Another adjustment to my training schedule (changes reflected in post #1), since I'm finding that I need to have a day between every 2-3 days of weights, particularly if I am doing 2-a-day resistance sessions. Adjustments as below (starting next week):

Day 1***: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Shoulders/Hamstrings

Day 2***: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Arms/Abs

Day 3***: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min

Day 4***: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min + Back/Chest

Day 5***: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min + Full-Body

Day 6: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min

*** 2-a-day trainings on 3-5 of these days, with the second session at least 20 minutes.

Once a week when required is a Day Off, training continued afterwards from where I left off before it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
128 Days Out

"Live life, be creative and have EXPECTATIONS. It is those very expectations that will inspire you to extend yourself and drive you to achieve your full potential. Limited expectations will deliver limited results, whilst HUGE expectations will deliver the results you deserve." - Andrew Horton

TRAINING

Session 1

Back (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Reverse Rows 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
2. Supinated BB Bent Over Row 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
3. Supinated Lat Pull-Down (in squat position) 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
4. T-Bar Row 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5

a. 2 x 90 sec @ 15.2 km.hr / 30 sec rest
b. 2 x 60 sec @ 15.2 km.hr / 30 sec rest
c. 4 x 30 sec @ 15.2 km.hr / 30 sec rest
d. 4 x 30 sec @ 16 km.hr / 30 sec rest
e. 4 x 30 sec @ 16.8 km.hr / 30 sec rest

Stretch 20 min.

Session 2

Chest (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 8

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~8 hours sleep. Less than ideal.

Mood/Aggression: Mixed bag of emotions today.

Energy: Good - definitely need to run MORE.

Strength: Going up.

Pump: In arms.

Quality of Training: Back resistance session was ok. Pushed myself to go heavier . . . Post-Weights Cardio was good - definitely need to do more running. OUTSIDE is BETTER and needs to be done PRE-weights! . . .

Recovery: My delts and arms are still recovering.

Other Notes: My thoughts and prayers are with those I love back home. The world is changing, and I wonder what home is going to be like when I go back.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a great speech, T - I actually used part of it as my "Quote of the Day" on 27 February! One of the best - probably the most motivational speech ever! Powerful. THAT is a man who does not, can not, and will not ever give up!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
127 Days Out

"Dwell not upon thy weariness, thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire." - Arab Proverb

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 4 min jogging

Chest/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 10, 9, 8, 7
2. Incline DB Bench Press 4 x 8
3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on swissballs) 4 x 10, 9, 8, 7
4. Cable Crossovers 4 x 10
5. Rope Crunch 5 x 20

a. 1 x 90 sec @ 15.2 km/hr / 30 sec rest
b. 4 x 40 sec @ 16 km/hr / 20 sec rest
c. 4 x 30 sec @ 16.6 km/hr / 30 sec rest

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours, but going to bed an hour or so AFTER I WANT TO BE GETTING UP! Wondering WTF re inability to go to sleep until so late!

Joints: Left wrist pain turning to stiffness.

Strength: Nothing wrong with this, even with the wrist pain.

Quality of Training: HIIT was fine . . . Because yesterday did not happen as planned re pm training, I did Chest today instead of Full-Body . . .

Body Composition and Look: Upper back and upper midsection definition becoming more.

Other Notes: This week has still not happened as planned, with only four resistance sessions instead of five, and training not quite yet at Maintenance, so I am just letting it go instead of dwelling on it and depressing myself, moving forward and NOT going to let next week continue like this!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie, as far as "Other notes:". I say whats done is done. Just keep hitting it hard, forget the negative and focus on the positive. Those who dwell on the past are doomed to repeat it!.

Keep on Truckin Rosie!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie, as far as "Other notes:". I say whats done is done. Just keep hitting it hard, forget the negative and focus on the positive. Those who dwell on the past are doomed to repeat it!.

Keep on Truckin Rosie!
Sure is. As Edward Fitzgerald said, "The moving finger writes; and having writ moves on: nor all thy Piety and Wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line, Nor all thy tears wash out a word of it." Regret won't do anything, so all I am going to take from it is the experience, knowing what needs to be changed for me to be successful at what I want to achieve.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How goes it Rosie? Been busy and need to catch up here later on your progress.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How goes it Rosie? Been busy and need to catch up here later on your progress.
I'll see tomorrow re body statistics progress, Ryan. Otherwise, training has been ok - not the best, but getting there. How have YOU been?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll see tomorrow re body statistics progress, Ryan. Otherwise, training has been ok - not the best, but getting there. How have YOU been?
I've been pretty good, just re-injured my back being careless and going too heavy. School has got me living the hermit life right now, lol.

By the way love your motivational quotes...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been pretty good, just re-injured my back being careless and going too heavy. School has got me living the hermit life right now, lol.

By the way love your motivational quotes...
I hope you recover quickly!

bluerocket

bluerocket

Awards
  • Established
sub'd in ... your detail is amazing... someday when I do my first log, I will base it off of yours... although I'm sure it will still come up short... :)

great job, keep at it !! :)

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Agree with blue almost word for word, subscribed too.
It'll be a lot easier for me to follow here.
Keep up the great work Rosie if u desire to inspire ur doing it exceedingly well :)
I love the proverb u used today, it's been my sig on my log for a few years now and when i just saw it, it really got to me all over again. thnx for that :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub'd in ... your detail is amazing... someday when I do my first log, I will base it off of yours... although I'm sure it will still come up short... :)

great job, keep at it !! :)
If you think THIS is detail, you should see my FIRST log/s, LOL - THAT was detail :D But thanks and :welcome:

Agree with blue almost word for word, subscribed too.
It'll be a lot easier for me to follow here.
Keep up the great work Rosie if u desire to inspire ur doing it exceedingly well :)
I love the proverb u used today, it's been my sig on my log for a few years now and when i just saw it, it really got to me all over again. thnx for that :)
Thanks and no worries - the quotes are not just to inspire others, but to help me as well :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
125 Days Out

"Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got." - Janis Joplin

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Cardio - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 4 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 5 x 8, 7, 6, 5, 4
2. BB Military Press 5 x 8, 7, 6, 5, 4
3. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB/plate to touch floor) 5 x 10

Stretch 20 min.

Session 2

Cardio - CrossRamp:
10 min @ R10/CR10

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12 per side
2. Lying Leg Curls 2 x 12
Superset B -
3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12 per side
4. Single-Leg DB Deadlifts 2 x 12 per side
Superset C -
5. Plate Hammer Raises 4 x 6
6. Seated DB Rear Raises 4 x 8

10 min @ R10/CR10

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Flat, but determined.

Stress: HIGH.

Strength: Increased the weights used - pulled right side of neck down into shoulder on fourth set of Behind-the-neck BB Military Press.

Quality of Training: HIIT needs to be more EXPLOSIVE . . . Resistance training was ok . . .

Recovery: I can barely turn my head in either direction without PAIN, and extending my neck hurts like hell as well - hope it passes soon!

Body Composition and Look: 12% bodyfat at 125.8 pounds. My body is all over the place lately - up and down re body composition, not knowing WHAT it wants to do. Completely UNACCEPTABLE! I know what I want it TO do and it had better start falling in line!

Other Notes: A huge smile and thanks to Eric because I received my 7-KE Topical Spray in the mail this afternoon, so will be using ~150mg of that before every LipoBURN application from now on (changes reflected in post #1) :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
124 Days Out

"Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill." - Muhammed Ali

TRAINING

Session 1

Cardio - Rollers:
20 min in 39x17 @ 116 rpm

Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
1. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 5 x 21s
2. Flat Close-Grip BB Bench Press 5 x 5
3. Seated Cable Crunch 5 x 20

Stretch 20 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Rollers:
20 min in 39x17 @ 116 rpm

Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between alternate sets/supersets):
Alternate Set A -
1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 12
2. Weighted Dips 4 x 5
Alternate Set B -
3. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 12
4. V-Bar Tricep Push-Down 4 x 5
Alternate Set C -
5. Alternate DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12 per side
6. Overhead Rope Tricep Extension 4 x 12
Superset -
7. Rope Crunches 2 x 15
8. Plank 2 x 1 min

10 min @ R10/CR10

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Positive and refreshed.

Stress: Very high.

Joints: Left wrist was in dull pain.

Strength: Good.

Pump: A little in biceps during am session. Strong throughout arms during pm session.

Vascularity: Great. During pm session, the right side came out faster than the left, but in the end, it did not disappoint.

Quality of Training: Rollers were good . . . Resistance session was fine as well . . . Second training session was great. Need to cut the recovery time down though, methinks . . .

Recovery: Neck still hurts when turn head to the right.

Body Composition and Look: Got told after my pm training session that my arms are looking the best that they ever have, nice and full. Yep, the extra muscle mass there is definitely noticeable - now to KEEP it and lose all the LOWER half!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
go, rosie!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
123 Days Out

"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you." - Monica Brant

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio - Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 26 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Going to sleep at the time wanting to be getting up. The double resistance sessions are actually taking more out of me overall than expected, and I am sleeping for 6-8 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Positive :) I have my confidence back - in me and my ability to achieve what I want by when I want it!

Energy: Definite energy - it's lasting quite a while as well throughout the day.

Libido: Highish.

Joints: Left wrist a dull ache.

Quality of Training: HIIT was good. More sprints. Feeling a little dead heavy though.

Recovery: Sleeping longer after a day of double resistance sessions . . . A little stiff in legs today . . .

Body Composition and Look: Top two abs perfect right now - now for the REST of me!

Other Notes: It's my last day using Shift today (changes reflected in post #1) . . . I am looking forward to having TWO summers this year! Looking forward to going home, seeing family and friends, and celebrating the newness of life that this year will have brought! It's been a long time in coming . . .

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have my confidence back - in me and my ability to achieve what I want by when I want it!

Other Notes: It's my last day using Shift today (changes reflected in post #1) . . . I am looking forward to having TWO summers this year! Looking forward to going home, seeing family and friends, and celebrating the newness of life that this year will have brought! It's been a long time in coming . . .
Best thing ive heard all day!! very happy Rosie:)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best thing ive heard all day!! very happy Rosie:)
No news for you yet? :puppy_dog_eyes: :think: Want me to come and beat their ass? ;) :swordfight:

SBT

SBT

Awards
Sounds like things are starting to come together for ya!! Either way, I love your dedication!! :)