The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Page 2 of 21 First 1234 ... Last

1. Go Rosie Go!

2. 128 Days Out

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Live life, be creative and have EXPECTATIONS. It is those very expectations that will inspire you to extend yourself and drive you to achieve your full potential. Limited expectations will deliver limited results, whilst HUGE expectations will deliver the results you deserve." - Andrew Horton

TRAINING

Session 1

Back (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Reverse Rows 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
    2. Supinated BB Bent Over Row 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
    3. Supinated Lat Pull-Down (in squat position) 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
    4. T-Bar Row 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5

Post-Weights Cardio - Treadmill:
    a. 2 x 90 sec @ 15.2 km.hr / 30 sec rest
    b. 2 x 60 sec @ 15.2 km.hr / 30 sec rest
    c. 4 x 30 sec @ 15.2 km.hr / 30 sec rest
    d. 4 x 30 sec @ 16 km.hr / 30 sec rest
    e. 4 x 30 sec @ 16.8 km.hr / 30 sec rest

Stretch 20 min.

Session 2

Chest (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 8

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~8 hours sleep. Less than ideal.

Mood/Aggression: Mixed bag of emotions today.

Energy: Good - definitely need to run MORE.

Endurance: Good.

Strength: Going up.

Pump: In arms.

Vascularity: Strong.

Quality of Training: Back resistance session was ok. Pushed myself to go heavier . . . Post-Weights Cardio was good - definitely need to do more running. OUTSIDE is BETTER and needs to be done PRE-weights! . . .

Recovery: My delts and arms are still recovering.

Other Notes: My thoughts and prayers are with those I love back home. The world is changing, and I wonder what home is going to be like when I go back.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

3. It's a great speech, T - I actually used part of it as my "Quote of the Day" on 27 February! One of the best - probably the most motivational speech ever! Powerful. THAT is a man who does not, can not, and will not ever give up!

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  4. 127 Days Out

"Dwell not upon thy weariness, thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire." - Arab Proverb

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging

Chest/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 10, 9, 8, 7
    2. Incline DB Bench Press 4 x 8
    3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on swissballs) 4 x 10, 9, 8, 7
    4. Cable Crossovers 4 x 10
    5. Rope Crunch 5 x 20

a. 1 x 90 sec @ 15.2 km/hr / 30 sec rest
    b. 4 x 40 sec @ 16 km/hr / 20 sec rest
    c. 4 x 30 sec @ 16.6 km/hr / 30 sec rest

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours, but going to bed an hour or so AFTER I WANT TO BE GETTING UP! Wondering WTF re inability to go to sleep until so late!

Joints: Left wrist pain turning to stiffness.

Endurance: Fine.

Strength: Nothing wrong with this, even with the wrist pain.

Quality of Training: HIIT was fine . . . Because yesterday did not happen as planned re pm training, I did Chest today instead of Full-Body . . .

Body Composition and Look: Upper back and upper midsection definition becoming more.

Other Notes: This week has still not happened as planned, with only four resistance sessions instead of five, and training not quite yet at Maintenance, so I am just letting it go instead of dwelling on it and depressing myself, moving forward and NOT going to let next week continue like this!

5. Rosie, as far as "Other notes:". I say whats done is done. Just keep hitting it hard, forget the negative and focus on the positive. Those who dwell on the past are doomed to repeat it!.

Keep on Truckin Rosie!

6. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Rosie, as far as "Other notes:". I say whats done is done. Just keep hitting it hard, forget the negative and focus on the positive. Those who dwell on the past are doomed to repeat it!.

Keep on Truckin Rosie!
    Sure is. As Edward Fitzgerald said, "The moving finger writes; and having writ moves on: nor all thy Piety and Wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line, Nor all thy tears wash out a word of it." Regret won't do anything, so all I am going to take from it is the experience, knowing what needs to be changed for me to be successful at what I want to achieve.

7. How goes it Rosie? Been busy and need to catch up here later on your progress.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    How goes it Rosie? Been busy and need to catch up here later on your progress.
    I'll see tomorrow re body statistics progress, Ryan. Otherwise, training has been ok - not the best, but getting there. How have YOU been?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I'll see tomorrow re body statistics progress, Ryan. Otherwise, training has been ok - not the best, but getting there. How have YOU been?
    I've been pretty good, just re-injured my back being careless and going too heavy. School has got me living the hermit life right now, lol.

By the way love your motivational quotes...

10. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    I've been pretty good, just re-injured my back being careless and going too heavy. School has got me living the hermit life right now, lol.

By the way love your motivational quotes...
    I hope you recover quickly!

•   

11. sub'd in ... your detail is amazing... someday when I do my first log, I will base it off of yours... although I'm sure it will still come up short...

great job, keep at it !!

12. Agree with blue almost word for word, subscribed too.
    It'll be a lot easier for me to follow here.
    Keep up the great work Rosie if u desire to inspire ur doing it exceedingly well
    I love the proverb u used today, it's been my sig on my log for a few years now and when i just saw it, it really got to me all over again. thnx for that
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

13. Quote Originally Posted by bluerocket View Post
    sub'd in ... your detail is amazing... someday when I do my first log, I will base it off of yours... although I'm sure it will still come up short...

great job, keep at it !!
    If you think THIS is detail, you should see my FIRST log/s, LOL - THAT was detail But thanks and

Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Agree with blue almost word for word, subscribed too.
    It'll be a lot easier for me to follow here.
    Keep up the great work Rosie if u desire to inspire ur doing it exceedingly well
    I love the proverb u used today, it's been my sig on my log for a few years now and when i just saw it, it really got to me all over again. thnx for that
    Thanks and no worries - the quotes are not just to inspire others, but to help me as well

14. 125 Days Out

"Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got." - Janis Joplin

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Cardio - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    c. 4 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 5 x 8, 7, 6, 5, 4
    2. BB Military Press 5 x 8, 7, 6, 5, 4
    3. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB/plate to touch floor) 5 x 10

Stretch 20 min.

Session 2

Cardio - CrossRamp:
    10 min @ R10/CR10

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between supersets):
    Superset A -
    1. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12 per side
    2. Lying Leg Curls 2 x 12
    Superset B -
    3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12 per side
    4. Single-Leg DB Deadlifts 2 x 12 per side
    Superset C -
    5. Plate Hammer Raises 4 x 6
    6. Seated DB Rear Raises 4 x 8

Post-Weights Cardio - CrossRamp:
    10 min @ R10/CR10

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Flat, but determined.

Stress: HIGH.

Endurance: Fine.

Strength: Increased the weights used - pulled right side of neck down into shoulder on fourth set of Behind-the-neck BB Military Press.

Quality of Training: HIIT needs to be more EXPLOSIVE . . . Resistance training was ok . . .

Recovery: I can barely turn my head in either direction without PAIN, and extending my neck hurts like hell as well - hope it passes soon!

Body Composition and Look: 12% bodyfat at 125.8 pounds. My body is all over the place lately - up and down re body composition, not knowing WHAT it wants to do. Completely UNACCEPTABLE! I know what I want it TO do and it had better start falling in line!

Other Notes: A huge smile and thanks to Eric because I received my 7-KE Topical Spray in the mail this afternoon, so will be using ~150mg of that before every LipoBURN application from now on (changes reflected in post #1)

15. 124 Days Out

"Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill." - Muhammed Ali

TRAINING

Session 1

Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x17 @ 116 rpm

Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 5 x 21s
    2. Flat Close-Grip BB Bench Press 5 x 5
    3. Seated Cable Crunch 5 x 20

Stretch 20 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x17 @ 116 rpm

Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between alternate sets/supersets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 12
    2. Weighted Dips 4 x 5
    Alternate Set B -
    3. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 12
    4. V-Bar Tricep Push-Down 4 x 5
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Alternate DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12 per side
    6. Overhead Rope Tricep Extension 4 x 12
    Superset -
    7. Rope Crunches 2 x 15
    8. Plank 2 x 1 min

10 min @ R10/CR10

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Positive and refreshed.

Stress: Very high.

Joints: Left wrist was in dull pain.

Strength: Good.

Pump: A little in biceps during am session. Strong throughout arms during pm session.

Vascularity: Great. During pm session, the right side came out faster than the left, but in the end, it did not disappoint.

Quality of Training: Rollers were good . . . Resistance session was fine as well . . . Second training session was great. Need to cut the recovery time down though, methinks . . .

Recovery: Neck still hurts when turn head to the right.

Body Composition and Look: Got told after my pm training session that my arms are looking the best that they ever have, nice and full. Yep, the extra muscle mass there is definitely noticeable - now to KEEP it and lose all the LOWER half!

16. go, rosie!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
  17. 123 Days Out

"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you." - Monica Brant

TRAINING

HIIT Cardio - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 26 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Going to sleep at the time wanting to be getting up. The double resistance sessions are actually taking more out of me overall than expected, and I am sleeping for 6-8 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Positive I have my confidence back - in me and my ability to achieve what I want by when I want it!

Energy: Definite energy - it's lasting quite a while as well throughout the day.

Libido: Highish.

Joints: Left wrist a dull ache.

Vascularity: Strong.

Quality of Training: HIIT was good. More sprints. Feeling a little dead heavy though.

Recovery: Sleeping longer after a day of double resistance sessions . . . A little stiff in legs today . . .

Body Composition and Look: Top two abs perfect right now - now for the REST of me!

Other Notes: It's my last day using Shift today (changes reflected in post #1) . . . I am looking forward to having TWO summers this year! Looking forward to going home, seeing family and friends, and celebrating the newness of life that this year will have brought! It's been a long time in coming . . .

18. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I have my confidence back - in me and my ability to achieve what I want by when I want it!

Other Notes: It's my last day using Shift today (changes reflected in post #1) . . . I am looking forward to having TWO summers this year! Looking forward to going home, seeing family and friends, and celebrating the newness of life that this year will have brought! It's been a long time in coming . . .
    Best thing ive heard all day!! very happy Rosie

19. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Best thing ive heard all day!! very happy Rosie
    No news for you yet? Want me to come and beat their ass?

20. Sounds like things are starting to come together for ya!! Either way, I love your dedication!!
    Check out NTBM at NutraPlanet NOW!!

http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/need-to-build-muscle/

21. Quote Originally Posted by SBT View Post
    Sounds like things are starting to come together for ya!! Either way, I love your dedication!!
    I finally got my act together is why! Set things in motion that I can't help but be ready for!

22. Happy Saint Patrick's Day

"Ask yourself "What can I do different today to better myself as an individual so that I can better others." Humility is remaining teachable." - Ben Booker

TRAINING

Session 1

Cardio - CrossRamp:
    10 min @ R10/CR10

Back (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 5 x 8
    2. Reverse Rows 5 x 6
    3. Supinated Lat Pull-Down (in squat position) 5 x 5
    4. T-Bar Row 4 x 6

a. 1 min @ 17.6 km/hr
    b. 9 x 30 sec rest / 30 sec @ 17.6 km/hr

Stretch 28 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Treadmill:
    a. 2 min @ 14.4 km/hr
    b. 2 x 10 sec rest / 20 sec @ 16 km/hr
    c. 2 x 10 sec rest / 20 sec @ 17.6 km/hr

Chest (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Incline BB Bench Press 4 x 12, 10, 8, 5
    2. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 6, 5, 5, 5
    3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on medicine balls) 4 x 8

Post-Weights Cardio - Run 10 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Very broken, waking up every 1-2 hours over an 8-hour period.

Energy: There.

Joints: Left wrist was a constant heavy pain.

Strength: Still improving..

Pump: Some.

Vascularity: E****lent!

Quality of Training: I'm going to have to get out before I go the gym and just run, like I used to do back home, since doing cardio in the gym drives me nuts and I find it hard to stick it out now (which is odd, this intolerance/aversion I have developed for hours training) . . . Completely shattered during second training session, with a sharp pain in my side throughout it . . .

Appetite: I must say, it's been less than a week with this new way of eating, but I'm not minding it, and actually feel loads better using this nutritional method. Stick to it and I believe I will conquer my eating issues once and for all!

Body Composition and Look: Midsection continued to look leaner, stomach flatter, upper abs drier.

Other Notes: It's Saint Patrick's Day today - the day the Irish in the US celebrate their heritage. Even though I've always identified more with my Chinese [rather than European] heritage, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still part Irish, with Irish characteristics and traits. I'm proud of where my family has come from and one day hope to see my ancestral homes and villages overseas.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

Other Notes: It's Saint Patrick's Day today - the day the Irish in the US celebrate their heritage. Even though I've always identified more with my Chinese [rather than European] heritage, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still part Irish, with Irish characteristics and traits. I'm proud of where my family has come from and one day hope to see my ancestral homes and villages overseas.
    I'm Irish as well Rosie, Happy St. Patrick's Day! One of my goals in life is to visit Ireland....

24. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    I'm Irish as well Rosie, Happy St. Patrick's Day! One of my goals in life is to visit Ireland....
    Back at ya, Ryan My younger sisters have both been to Ireland - one worked there for just over a year - and I wouldn't mind going someday.

25. Now THAT'S what I call PROGRESS!

"Letting go doesn't mean giving up... it means moving on. It is one of the hardest things a person can do. Starting at birth, we grasp on to anything we can get our hands on, and hold on as if we will cease to exist when we let go. We feel that letting go is giving up, quitting, and that as we all know is cowardly. But as we grow older we are forced to change our way of thinking. We are forced to realize that letting go means accepting things that cannot be. It means maturing and moving on, no matter how hard you have to fight yourself to do so." - Unknown

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    c. 4 min jogging

Full-Body (1 min recovery between supersets):
    Superset A -
    1. DB Hammer Raises 2 x 6
    2. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12 per arm
    Superset B -
    3. DB French Press 2 x 6
    4. DB Concentration Curls 2 x 12 per arm
    Superset C -
    5. Reverse Rows 2 x 6
    6. Push-Ups (hands on fists, feet on bench) 2 x 12
    Superset D -
    7. Squat Jumps (all way to ground) 2 x 6
    8. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumps 2 x 12 per side
    Superset E -
    9. Hanging Straight-Leg Jackknife 2 x 6
    10. Bicycle 2 x 12 per side

a. 5 min @ R12/CR10
    b. 5 min @ R10/CR10

Stretch 20 min.

Session 2

Cardio - Run 3 miles.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~5 hours.

Mood/Aggression: Good. Happy with the progress I've been making this week - still eating a lot, but manipulating my calorie and carbohydrate intake around my training, with less training than Maintenance, and seeing a NOTICEABLE difference!

Energy: Shattered.

Endurance: Ok.

Strength: This session wasn't about strength - Full-Body sessions never are.

Pump: Strong.

Vascularity: Staying consistent throughout the day and not just strong when training.

Quality of Training: HIIT Run was not as fast as I would have liked, but it was as fast as my body would move . . . Resistance session, although short, was intense, and I was breathing heavily, my heart pounding by the end of it . . .

Recovery: The double resistance sessions DO take quite a bit out of me, and my body is catching up.

Appetite: Amazing what a difference manipulating feeding times makes. I have had NO cravings over the last five days for sweets and have resisted everything I have been offered. I am pleased. Without cutting calories or carbohydrates, I am managing to remain satiated and without wanting to gobble everything in sight once I DO start eating. I think I have found my new lifestyle nutritional method!

Body Composition and Look: Down 6.2 pounds in five days - withOUT a decrease OR change in calorie and carbohydrate consumption (just manipulating carbohydrate intake around training times), and at LESS than Maintenance training volume (only ~20 minutes of cardio a day and four days of resistance training)!

Other Notes: I got a new bottle of Alpha-T2 yesterday, so started that with a dose last night (changes reflected in post #1).

26. love the quote, awesome work Rosie.
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

27. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    love the quote, awesome work Rosie.
    Cheers, chica

28. Late sub..

Good luck with reaching your goals Rosie
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

29. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Late sub..

Good luck with reaching your goals Rosie
    Thanks, Josh

30. Late but im here Rosie! Kick ass and take names like you usualy do!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12