The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Page 16 of 21 First ... 1415161718 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Excellent... could not have said it better myself, LoL!
    Ben is a great fitness role model, and I have been blessed to have worked with him and have him as a mentor in areas of the fitness industry - his story is nothing short of amazing, and he is living proof that if you have faith and believe in yourself, you can achieve ANYthing!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries - I understand and thank you. My contest prep is not your usual contest prep - especially re nutrition (I don't mention a lot about my nutrition, since unless you see it with your own eyes - as Sean does on a daily basis - it can be pretty UNbelieveable to know I do it when it goes AGAINST pretty much EVERYthing most people do re contest prep and in general to get and stay lean). Honestly, if most people knew what I did, they would CRINGE, LOL, but it works for me and so I will continue doing it like this.

Could I get some inside information on what you mean? I will not try it. I know several bodybuilders who could get away with some crazy eating before. Its amazing what good genetics or dedication can do. Flex wheeler could get away with a lot.
    •   

3. Rosie I dont say that to take away from you at all. I hope I didnt stick my foot in my mouth. I am so tired rightnow. I need some sleep. Being in the navy out to sea can be exhausting. Today is one of those days. Please forgive me if I overstepped my boundary.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Could I get some inside information on what you mean? I will not try it. I know several bodybuilders who could get away with some crazy eating before. Its amazing what good genetics or dedication can do. Flex wheeler could get away with a lot.
    I mean like eating 4,000 calories in a single meal on a regular basis, my nutrition being one huge "cheat" as other competitors would deem it. As I have said before, nutrition is not the main factor that affects my progress re body goals, but my TRAINING, and my training lets me "get away" with less-than-stellar nutrition (although I AM working on bettering this for health reasons) and if I don't train as I should, I suffer (this also has a lot to do with my blood disorder as well, though). For example, the week before my first show last year, I "dieted" the week before the competition only - it wasn't enough for me and I didn't come in lean enough for me, but the Judges said I was lean enough, so go figure. This time around though, my nutrition is different, albeit still the same, if you know what I mean. I'm also leaner further out (I am the body composition I was for that competition right now, and have ~6 weeks left until I compete again) and plan on only getting leaner. But, this is me, and I've never been one to follow the crowd and do what everyone else does - find what works for YOU and do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Rosie I dont say that to take away from you at all. I hope I didnt stick my foot in my mouth. I am so tired rightnow. I need some sleep. Being in the navy out to sea can be exhausting. Today is one of those days. Please forgive me if I overstepped my boundary.
    No worries You're fine. At least you're not sitting there making comments like, "you mustn't eat anything to stay like that", etc. - it pisses me off whenever anyone says that (which is surprisingly a lot; probably doesn't help that only those whom I are close to re friends and family are generally the only people who see me eat), because it is first off, an assumption, and also because it's very general and by those who want to hear that you have to starve yourself or eat little to get and stay lean. You can see why I am passionate about changing mindsets, especially about and in women!

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

5. I understand that perfectly. I do the same thing with woman on the ship. They start eating veggies and fruit only, and start skimping on protein and are nearly passing out from exercise. I hear of girls eating 600 calories a day. It scares me. Thanks for the insight though. My vice is half and half in my coffee, and cereal on the weekends before my workouts. Its hard for me to stop that. I have to watch it with carbs Or I will blow up. My waist doesnt like carbs too much. Take care Rosie, and God bless!!!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    I understand that perfectly. I do the same thing with woman on the ship. They start eating veggies and fruit only, and start skimping on protein and are nearly passing out from exercise. I hear of girls eating 600 calories a day. It scares me. Thanks for the insight though. My vice is half and half in my coffee, and cereal on the weekends before my workouts. Its hard for me to stop that. I have to watch it with carbs Or I will blow up. My waist doesnt like carbs too much. Take care Rosie, and God bless!!!
    Yeah, people do some ridiculously stupid things to get lean or lose weight (another thing that sets me off, LOL). You too, bud

7. It Starts With YOU!

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"All things begin and end with you. No one determines what you are going to do unless YOU let them. Start living the way you want to live and great things will follow. God gave us free will, along with direction, but it is up to us to take the first step." - Ben Booker

TRAINING

Cardio - Run:
    1.5 miles @ 4.2 min/km

Back/Chest (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Supinated BB Bent Over Row 4 x 12, 11, 10, 10
    2. Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 10, 9, 8, 8
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Supinated Close-Grip Lat Pull-Down 4 x 12, 11, 10, 10
    4. Incline BB Bench Press 4 x 12, 11, 10, 10

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    a. 10 min in 39x18 @ 106-108 rpm
    b. 10 min in 39x18 @ 110 rpm

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~11 hours! WTF?! Gone from semi-normal to well OVER sleeping! Ah well, my body must have needed it.

Mood/Aggression: Thank you Chris and Tony for giving me smiles and laughter today - smiles that have carried on throughout the day, joined by heaps of positivity, getting me out of the "drag" I was in earlier.

Energy: So much that after training, I went out and mowed the lawns, and it took me ~10 minutes less than what it usually takes me.

Stress: Only a little.

Endurance: Great.

Pump: Reasonable.

Vascularity: Pretty good.

Quality of Training: Pre-weights run was ok. Resistance training was stellar - I was bopping and dancing in between my sets, in a really GOOD mood (THIS goofy, relaxed, fun me needs to be the me that gets up on stage in July - no self consciousness, just relaxed and having fun!)

8. Review of AI Sports Nutrition's Red Raspberry RecoverPRO

My 42-serving tub of Red Raspberry RecoverPRO lasted me ~2 weeks. I started out using only a scoop per use, but quickly went to 3 scoops per use, using twice a day. I cannot say enough about the taste, and with BCAAs a STAPLE in my supplement arsenal definitely want (and will) continue using Red Raspberry RecoverPRO!

What is it?

* Faster Recovery and Lean Muscle Gains
    * Unique 4:1:1 BCAA Ratio

For more information on the product, please review AI Sports Nutrition :: RecoverPRO.

Smell: 7/10. Smells like raspberries, but with a hint of something else almost artificial, like the smell/taste of a raspberry flavoured ice-cream, if that makes any sense.

Taste: 11/10. My #1 and favourite flavour of any product I have ever used! And the taste only gets better with use! THREE scoops as opposed to only one scoop (which my initial review was based on) is just amazing and you really notice the sweet tartness that real raspberries have come out! LOVE it!

Solubility: 10/10. On shaking there was no trace of the powder and no clumps or excess was left in the water or on the bottom of the shaker - although bubbles and froth were left on top of the liquid, rapidly dissolving.

Texture: 10/10. Like fruit juice diluted with water.

Recovery: 9.5/10. My recovery has been pretty great, considering. This does not get a complete 10/10 because sometimes I have been sleeping a lot more than usual - although, in saying that, longer sleep can mean better recovery, just not with me, and anything over ~6 hours of sleep has a detrimental effect on my overall performance and function.

Lean Muscle Mass Gains: N/A. I have actually been working on fat loss, not recomping as usual, or even gaining muscle mass. The first week that I used RecoverPRO, I gained 1% bodyfat, and the second week using RecoverPRO, I lost ~1.2% bodyfat, so there was no real overall change in lean muscle mass, maintaining what I have.

Overall: 10/10. The fact that BCAAs are a STAPLE product for me, and the Red Raspberry is the BEST flavour of ANY product I have ever used say everything

Would I use again? Absolutely! BCAAs are a STAPLE product in my supplement arsenal!

Would I recommend? Without hesitation. Red Raspberry RecoverPRO had become my #1 BCAAs product.

9. Like a Raspberry Lollipop? I love raspberry lollipops
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

10. The Red Raspberry RecoverPro is by far the best tasting BCAA that I have ever tried! Nice review Rosie.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Like a Raspberry Lollipop? I love raspberry lollipops
    I wouldn't know - I don't like or eat lollies.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    The Red Raspberry RecoverPro is by far the best tasting BCAA that I have ever tried! Nice review Rosie.
    ^^^It is indeed! The best tasting product I have ever tried, PERIOD! Thanks, bud

12. I am so getting some!!!!!
  13. Plan of Action Complete

"I say "why not"...Instead of having the closed mind of my old thinking, I choose to have the open mind that anything is possible. I choose to look at the past as a history lesson and learn! My goal is simple, to have a positive influence on as may lives as I can, making this place a little better when I leave it. The thing is we do not know when we are leaving, so "why not" start believing we can today..." - Ben Booker

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 12 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

Stretch 6 min.

Lower Body/Abs (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 4 x 12
    2. Rope Crunches 4 x 20
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Jump Squats 4 x 8
    4. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises (feet to touch bar) 4 x 8

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 106 rpm

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~8 hours, so, an improvement on yesterday, but far from ideal - more work going to happen here.

Mood/Aggression: Instead of focusing on what's not going the way it should, it's a daily decision to be positive and look at what is possible and going right, and I make it! Smiles for the presents I received today - fun times ahead!

Endurance: Good.

Pump: Legs!

Vascularity: Awesome during Posing Practice - I want and need that ALL the time!

Quality of Training: HIIT was ok - running outside in 90 degrees in the middle of the day (I know, I said I didn't want to be doing that anymore, but when you train at home, you do what you have to) meant a dripping mess by the end of it, feeling like I had been run over. Left knee started giving me issues during Squat Jumps, so I improvised and decided to let today be a Lower Body day, and "complete" the session tomorrow, making tomorrow an Upper Body session after cardio. Rollers afterwards were good, even though I heated up so very quickly.

Recovery: I'm good.

Body Composition and Look: I actually feel like I am holding water today. Woke up with my face feeling like it was all swollen and puffy, even though it isn't, my body just feeling like a balloon. It's just one of those days and I want it over with soon!

Other Notes: Earlier today I went over last week with a magnifying glass (well, not really, but I may as well have I scrutinized it that closely), because it IS the week where I have gotten the MOST progress ever, and from now on, I am going to replicate it from nutrition to training - everything! The only difference will be that I am going to do it all on a schedule of getting up at 0400 and going to bed between 2130-2230 - I HAVE to get back on this, for me and for the job I start in ~3 weeks (which is perfect that it forces me back onto this schedule, since it was my regular one in New Zealand).

14. You're KILLING IT Rosie!!! What a log! What a detailed plan of attack!

I see why people hold these logs in such high esteem! (yes im using so many exclamation points b/c im that impressed)

I think I just need to sit back and learn a bit more till i can contribute anything of value.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before starting new diets, supplements, training protocols, and/or if you have any concerns about your health.

15. Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    You're KILLING IT Rosie!!! What a log! What a detailed plan of attack!

I see why people hold these logs in such high esteem! (yes im using so many exclamation points b/c im that impressed)

I think I just need to sit back and learn a bit more till i can contribute anything of value.
    Thanks, bud Sometimes I think you guys transfer your confidence and belief in me to me (because trust me, there are definitely days when even I waver; after all, I'm only human, an imperfect one at that). Most of it is honestly experimentation, and it has taken me pretty much until now to really know what works best for me NOW.

If I can help inspire and motivate others, then I am achieving part of my Career Objective, and are grateful that I can even do so much

Feel free to comment any time you want

16. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Thanks, bud Sometimes I think you guys transfer your confidence and belief in me to me (because trust me, there are definitely days when even I waver; after all, I'm only human, an imperfect one at that). Most of it is honestly experimentation, and it has taken me pretty much until now to really know what works best for me NOW.

If I can help inspire and motivate others, then I am achieving part of my Career Objective, and are grateful that I can even do so much

Feel free to comment any time you want

I think people truly underestimate the value of an honest compliment when someone is giving their all. Heaven knows some of the kind words from the athletes on this site have truly helped push me when i felt down and out. And it's obvious you put your heart and sole into this. You have the amazing ability to take what God has given you and make the most of it, like the man in Matthew 25 who took his 5 bags of gold and earned 5 more.

The sign of an expert is an individual who through countless hours of work has learned to master his/her trait. By definition you have become an expert in the athletic world.

To be honest I truly think you do more then motivate and inspire. You educate, counsel, and mentor many young and old athletes helping them reach there goals. BUT...it's very refreshing to see an elite athlete who is still quite humble.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before starting new diets, supplements, training protocols, and/or if you have any concerns about your health.

17. Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    I think people truly underestimate the value of an honest compliment when someone is giving their all. Heaven knows some of the kind words from the athletes on this site have truly helped push me when i felt down and out. And it's obvious you put your heart and sole into this. You have the amazing ability to take what God has given you and make the most of it, like the man in Matthew 25 who took his 5 bags of gold and earned 5 more.

The sign of an expert is an individual who through countless hours of work has learned to master his/her trait. By definition you have become an expert in the athletic world.

To be honest I truly think you do more then motivate and inspire. You educate, counsel, and mentor many young and old athletes helping them reach there goals. BUT...it's very refreshing to see an elite athlete who is still quite humble.
    Thank you, bud. Your words really lifted my soul this morning. I just do what I can, give back the way I was given to, blessed to have the best of the best as my teachers and mentors, really wanting to see beginners start out right, and motivate the veterens who can feel like I do. We so often see ourselves so very differently than everyone else, and to know that I am making a difference makes it all worth it

18. Share to Inspire

"I believe it is important for everybody to share their personal life successes and failures so that they may inspire others to do the same. If you can touch one life then it makes it all worth it, and who knows they may do the same creating a chain reaction!!!!!" - Ben Booker

TRAINING

Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 106 rpm

Stretch 5 min.

Upper Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 20
    2. Dips 4 x 10
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Alternate Hammer Bicep Curls 4 x 20 per side
    4. Lateral Raises 4 x 15
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Plate Hammer Raises 4 x 10
    6. Seated Rear Raises 4 x 10
    Alternate Set D -
    7. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands fists) 4 x 15
    8. Reverse Rows (feet on bench) 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2 hours, and even then, tossing and turning. I went back to bed on waking, hoping to go back to sleep, but to no avail, especially since my insides felt like they were being torn asunder again

Mood/Aggression: Regardless, smiling and positive.

Energy: Honestly, I've had the most energy that I've had in a while - goes to show that the shorter sleeping periods work better for me (although not that short all the time).

Endurance: No worries here.

Pump: Unbelieveable from the second alternate set.

Vascularity: Rippling - nice; now STAY like this!

Quality of Training: Rollers, insides churning the entire time. Took a little time out to stretch afterwards, to let it settle a bit. It didn't, so just went into finishing off yesterday's resistance session, with all the Upper Body exercises, and actually had a pretty good session.

Recovery: I feel fresh.

Other Notes: More Shred Matrix arrived yesterday, so I started it (changes reflected in post #1), since this is another product that I definitely notice a difference with when I am not using it.

19. I was wondering about the Shred Matrix product. So you really like it and can see a difference.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    I was wondering about the Shred Matrix product. So you really like it and can see a difference.
    Were you just? Yes, I absolutely do - it's like Erase, Alpha-T2, and 7-KE; I feel different even a day withOUT them and I don't like it, honestly - and I pretty much use it as a STAPLE. You can read more of my thoughts on Shred Matrix in my review of it: Rosie's Review of Shred Matrix - granted, I had used several tubs of the original and a couple of bottles of the reformulated version before I wrote my review on it, but that alone says how highly I think of the product; as I said in my review, "Shred Matrix is the ultimate, COMPLETE fat loss product IMO, and would compliment anyone's nutrition and training - as well as stack with other supplements..." Do note that I don't use it as a staple re fat loss, but for the other many benefits I get from it

21. Right on and thanks. Yes as a m, am SUNDAY for me rightnow in malaysia today. I am a sailor going all over the world. Today is back, (PULL UPS), Walking lunges with DBells, and Bulgarian Split squats superset. 3 sets, and decline push ups 3 sets to failure.
    Then cardio if I have time. I will have to order some of that. I need to lose one more inch in my waist. I want to get one more inch off for me. I bulked up a lot after my last show. I will need a good product to help finish this race. THANKS!!

22. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Right on and thanks. Yes as a m, am SUNDAY for me rightnow in malaysia today. I am a sailor going all over the world. Today is back, (PULL UPS), Walking lunges with DBells, and Bulgarian Split squats superset. 3 sets, and decline push ups 3 sets to failure.
    Then cardio if I have time. I will have to order some of that. I need to lose one more inch in my waist. I want to get one more inch off for me. I bulked up a lot after my last show. I will need a good product to help finish this race. THANKS!!
    No worries

Nice - well, have fun training!

That inch is going to come from getting leaner - a combination of nutrition, training, and supplementation - but will happen if you indeed have fat to lose from there (sometimes people build their obliques up too much, which widens the waist).

If you're ever curious about any of the other products I have used, etc., you can find a list of those I have used, logged and/or reviewed (not all use have been reviews, but many) at Rosie's Logs and Reviews.

23. Can i take two fat burners at a time.If yes, what do you recommend.

24. I would recommend a stim based fat burner, and a non stim fat burner to increase thermogenesis while exercising. Too many stimulants can increase cortisol which can be counterproductive.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Can i take two fat burners at a time.If yes, what do you recommend.
    Yes, you can - although it is NOT necessary, and dependent on the individual as to whether they should or not. As Cooky32 mentioned, you could stack a stimulant and non-stimulant based fat burner - for example, Shred Matrix and Lipotrophin-PM (I've done this often). Or you could use two stim-based products if you have a high tolerance for stimulants - for example, Shred Matrix and Alpha-T2 (something I also use often). Or you could use a non-stimulant fat burning stack, better for those sensitive to stimulants - for example, DCP and H.E.A.T. stack. If you have ever read any of my previous logs (even this one), you can see what kind of stacks I use (albeit not always for fat burning per se, even if they are "fat burners"). Also remember that "fat burners" are not the ONLY products that can aid in fat loss - you have nutrient repartitioners/insulin mimics, thyroid boosters, energy products, natural Growth Hormone and Testosterone boosters, etc.

~Rosie~

26. Somebody hit me. That is a much better response than mine. I feel so disconnected out here on the ocean LOL...
    Rosie, Have you heard anything about Jack3d causing people to pop positive for meth amphetamines? 3 military personnel did, and now an e mail is going out navy wide telling us to stop taking it because if we pop we can be kicked out. So many people use it too. Maybe it was a bad batch or dare I say they tainted it. It doesnt seem like the good guys at USP LABS or does someone know something i dont. Sorry to do this on your thread Rosie. I can move it.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Somebody hit me. That is a much better response than mine. I feel so disconnected out here on the ocean LOL...
    Rosie, Have you heard anything about Jack3d causing people to pop positive for meth amphetamines? 3 military personnel did, and now an e mail is going out navy wide telling us to stop taking it because if we pop we can be kicked out. So many people use it too. Maybe it was a bad batch or dare I say they tainted it. It doesnt seem like the good guys at USP LABS or does someone know something i dont. Sorry to do this on your thread Rosie. I can move it.
    Jack3d contains Geranium, which can cause a "false positive" on drug tests for amphetamines. Just stop using any product that has it in a week or so before any drug test and you should be ok.

~Rosie~

28. Thanks.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Thanks.
    No worries, bud

30. Bring on June!

"Ask yourself "What can I do different today to better myself as an individual so that I can better others." Humility is remaining teachable." - Ben Booker

TRAINING

Day OFF.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2 hours. Back to sleep though (thankfully) for another ~3 hours, giving a total of ~5 hours, which is perfect for me re function.

Mood/Aggression: Good.

Energy: I'm going to do some yardwork later today when it's cooler.

Mental Focus and Clarity: On the ball. Mind is clear - had to make a couple of hard decisions today, but I know where I am headed, what I want to achieve.

Body Composition and Look: 111.2 pounds at 8.8% bodyfat. So, nothing spectacular like the 1.1% bodyfat loss of last week. However, when you break it down, it IS something - a gain of 1.2044 pounds of lean body mass and a LOSS of 0.0044 pounds of bodyfat. A mix of change in training venues and how I improvised re training, as well as nutrition. Pleased with the progress, even though it was only a loss of 0.1% bodyfat. But - next week had better be another ~1.1% bodyfat loss!

Other Notes: ~1.5 weeks until my photoshoot with Dan Ray, ~3 weeks until my photoshoots with Walt Ostarly, and ~6 weeks to competition - exciting times ahead!

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12