The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Page 15 of 21 First ... 1314151617 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Makes perfect sense. BTW, I've never tried side to side jumps before, maybe next time I'll have to incorporate them if its any good.
    I do a lot of them - if I do ANY work for legs aside from hamstrings, I stick to plyometrics (else my legs blow up and that is not desirable). Got to make sure that you BOUNCE off the balls of your feet though - thudding is not kind on either feet or lower legs and knees, trust me.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I do a lot of them - if I do ANY work for legs aside from hamstrings, I stick to plyometrics (else my legs blow up and that is not desirable). Got to make sure that you BOUNCE off the balls of your feet though - thudding is not kind on either feet or lower legs and knees, trust me.
    Alright, I guess I'll give em a try!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Alright, I guess I'll give em a try!
    Let me know how you find them. If they're not the right fit for you, there WILL be something out there that IS!

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

4. Thanks I will try the box jumps, and I will buy a jump rope. I have to be careful now. My rotator cuff may be torn. I am on a destroyer, with no way of getting an MRI till I get back unless it gets worse to the point of having to fly me home. So legs today.

I am getting pretty content with my supps too as in what I trust, and what not. Flavor is an issue with me, but not a deal breaker. I know we have the ability and technology to do almost anything nowadays. a buddy here just bought assault and loves it. I may have to ask for a scoop. I have been taking a break from PWO and may just buy a NO capsule supp or SCIVATION VASOCHARGE due to low stims in it. Take care yall

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    oops, sorry I must have missed that. I did box jumps today and they were killer!
    No worries Bro, just trying to help him with what he has! According to someone else, he might actually have a Smith Machine, so who knows!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
    •   

6. Change You for YOU!

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Don't rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can't love and respect yourself - no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are - completely; the good and the bad - and make changes as YOU see fit - not because you think someone else wants you to be different." - Stacey Charter

TRAINING

Cardio - Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x18 @ 102 rpm
    b. 2 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x17 (rpm N/A)
    c. 4 min in 39x18 @ 104 rpm
    d. 2 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x17 (rpm N/A)
    e. 4 min in 39x18 @ 106 rpm
    f. 2 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x17 (rpm N/A)
    g. 4 min in 39x18 @ 108 rpm
    h. 2 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x17 (rpm N/A)
    i. 1 min in 39x18 @ 106 rpm

Stretch 23 min.

COMMENTS

Mood/Aggression: Calm. Happy.

Energy: Surprisingly a lot.

Stress: I actually noted earlier that perhaps my decrease in stress has something to do with this week's fat loss progress, not just the change in nutrition and training - although, in saying that, I followed almost to the letter this week what I did the week my body composition decreased the most ever re nutrition and training, and I was highly stressed during that week, so probably 99% the nutrition and training manipulations.

Endurance: Good.

Quality of Training: I WAS just going to do an easy 20 minutes on the rollers today, but once I was on them I decided to chuck in a few efforts, since they are a LOT harder than sprints (at least, right now), and higher intensity cardio is always better for me.

Recovery: I feel GREAT!

7. no Smith Machine, and good luck trying to find a guy who would get on my back. sailors today are so paranoid about the gay thing. However, I will try. Thanks LOL
  8. Heat Assault

"You are here for a reason. You’re a dreamer. It is impossible to be a dreamer and keep your dream hidden. While you may feel like you are a long way from the fulfillment of the thing for which you hope, remember that you are evolving; you are a dream in progress. Refuse to give up on your dream and instead learn to appreciate the process of "becoming."" - T. D. Jakes

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 12 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 6 x 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 8
    2. BB Military Press 6 x 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 8
    3. Lateral Raises 6 x 12
    4. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch ground) 6 x 12

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 106 rpm

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours. Deep. Good.

Mood/Aggression: Pretty good - had more happy news today, so this last week has been one for all things good May has been an eventful month and June is shaping up to be something awesome - I am looking forward to the rest of 2011!

Energy: Bright eyed and energetic today - except for during my HIIT run in the mid-day heat, LOL.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Couldn't be more focused.

Pump: Took six sets for it to arrive, but it did.

Vascularity: Great! The heat is helping make it more pronounced as well.

Quality of Training: Last time I am going to run outside in the mid-day heat if I can help it - from now on it has to be early in the morning, as I used to, if I want to be able to breathe and have energy. HIIT was ok though. Couldn't breathe for a lot of it, feeling like I was melting, but I managed . . . Resistance session was good. Changing it up a little. I'm going to be training in the basement for the next few weeks, so that will be another change - going to have to improvise, because all we're missing is the DB in weights I usually use. For some reason, I got a terrible heat rash from the top of my shoulders all the way down my arms again - wonder if it is from running in the heat or something else, since I have been getting this for a few weeks now, albeit only on days I do Shoulders. Anyways, session was good and enjoyed it . . . Rollers afterwards, feeling fresh . . .

Recovery: Yesterday was NO training and pretty relaxed overall, so well recovered from last week.

Other Notes: I will finish off my tub of Red Raspberry RecoverPRO tomorrow, so it will be back using Watermelon-Kiwi BC+EAA (changes reflected in post #1).

9. Basement dungeon training You're a champion Rosie!

10. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Basement dungeon training You're a champion Rosie!
    Yeppers. Down in the basement banging it out - where I CAN throw the weights around if I get pissed off

11. Yes, I love it. Stress relief at its finest. LOL
  12. Positive Paradigm Shifts

"It never ceases to amaze me what can be accomplished by simply putting one foot in front of the other, putting Faith first, and keeping my eyes and ears open for His will, and not mine, accepting this world as it is, not as I would have it…Change yourself…Change the world! If you can make a positive shift in someone elses paradigm that changes them for the best, then it was all worth it. God Bless!" - Ben Booker

TRAINING

Cardio - Run:
    1.5 miles @ 4.2 min/km

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Rope Crunches 4 x 20
    2. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises (feet to touch bar) 4 x 10
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 10, 9, 8, 7
    4. Dips 4 x 8
    Alternate Set C -
    5. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 21s
    6. Diamond Push-Ups 4 x 10
    Alternate Set D -
    7. Alternate Hammer Bicep Curls 4 x 15 per side
    8. DB French Press 4 x 6

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 100-102 rpm

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Disturbed. Broken. Not quite sure if I actually slept between 0100-0630, since it was so up and down. After for what seemed the umpteenth time getting up at ~0633, passed out for real for ~5.5 hours. Migraine on finally waking.

Mood/Aggression: Positively moving forward, determined to move forward, carving my path to make my mark on this world!

Energy: Not a lot, honestly.

Pump: Not as strong as it usually is on Arms' day.

Vascularity: Great.

Quality of Training: Pre-weights run was ok - feeling the heat, though. Resistance training was good - had to adjust a couple of things to get the intensity right, but overall it was fine. Post-weights rollers a 'recovery'.

Appetite: I still seem to be craving SALTY food - which is highly UNlike me!

Competition Notes: I CAN DO THIS!!!

13. Checking in, Champ!..Hopefully your getting some needed sleep

14. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Checking in, Champ!..Hopefully your getting some needed sleep
    Getting some sleep at any rate, Chris - got to kick this up a notch or two though, get back on a PROPER sleeping schedule!

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Getting some sleep at any rate, Chris - got to kick this up a notch or two though, get back on a PROPER sleeping schedule!
    I have great signing skills that puts anyone to sleep..haha, sleep is good..which is something you need right now for what your putting that body through

16. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    I have great signing skills that puts anyone to sleep..haha, sleep is good..which is something you need right now for what your putting that body through
    Signing skills for putting to sleep? There was a technique that my first cycling coach taught me that I used to use when I was cycling to help me go to sleep, and I could fall asleep within minutes of hitting the pillow, but not now, unless I am shattered beyond belief. Yeah, I know, but not too much.

17. Good things are happening. Kick it up a notch Rosie, and DOMINATE The gym.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    no Smith Machine, and good luck trying to find a guy who would get on my back. sailors today are so paranoid about the gay thing. However, I will try. Thanks LOL
    That sucks, sorry to hear that Bro... I mean before they had the standing calf machines at my old gym, I used to get my training partner to sit on my back with 2 x 45Lb plates every other day, I didn't and still don't give a Fugggg what others think when it comes to that kind of stuff!
    www.finaflex.com

19. Still following Rosie, I see from your workouts you are still kicking some serious Butt, how far out are you from where you want to be? and are we going to get to see some more progress picts anytime soon?
    www.finaflex.com

20. Scotty, Its all good. I might get somebody to do it. No homo right...Yeah it sucks.
    Rosie, Keep on trucking!!!!!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Scotty, Its all good. I might get somebody to do it. No homo right...Yeah it sucks.
    Rosie, Keep on trucking!!!!!
    No Homo here, not even a little bit, just not Homophobic either! I consider myself a Flaming-Heterosexual!!!
    www.finaflex.com

22. Me too!!!!! Married over 10 years now. 2 girls too. LOL. People get so hung up on image, and what people think. Arnold did it. I can too. Its all about making a way to reach your goal.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Me too!!!!! Married over 10 years now. 2 girls too. LOL. People get so hung up on image, and what people think. Arnold did it. I can too. Its all about making a way to reach your goal.
    Totally agreed, that is what I meant by I don't care what people think, I mean I am married with a 7yr old daughter (Love of My Life)! Congratulations on your 2 girls and may you and your family....

www.finaflex.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Good things are happening. Kick it up a notch Rosie, and DOMINATE The gym.
    Right now, training is going to stay at the same level that it was last week, since I have learnt that training more than that just slows down my progress - yes, I'm not going to be your usual competitor training for hours a day, doing hours of cardio, and double sessions, etc. I'm just...DIFFERENT...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Still following Rosie, I see from your workouts you are still kicking some serious Butt, how far out are you from where you want to be? and are we going to get to see some more progress picts anytime soon?
    Always interesting to see others' perspectives on the same thing, since I don't feel like I am "kicking some serious Butt" at all...I'll see at the end of the week how far out I am, although looking in the mirror, I'm still a long way from where I want to be. In saying that, I have ~2% bodyfat to lose, and that losing only that will make a huge difference, since I am already relatively lean. I want to keep going at last week's rate of progress though!...No progress pictures, since I don't have a camera - the only "progress pics" you might see are images from my photoshoots leading up to competition, and even then, not always an accurate indicator, since lighting and angles, etc. can all make such a difference to how a body looks...

25. Sorry, I am just trying to offer encouragement. I know what contest prep is like. You will do wonderful.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Sorry, I am just trying to offer encouragement. I know what contest prep is like. You will do wonderful.
    No worries - I understand and thank you. My contest prep is not your usual contest prep - especially re nutrition (I don't mention a lot about my nutrition, since unless you see it with your own eyes - as Sean does on a daily basis - it can be pretty UNbelieveable to know I do it when it goes AGAINST pretty much EVERYthing most people do re contest prep and in general to get and stay lean). Honestly, if most people knew what I did, they would CRINGE, LOL, but it works for me and so I will continue doing it like this.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Always interesting to see others' perspectives on the same thing, since I don't feel like I am "kicking some serious Butt" at all...I'll see at the end of the week how far out I am, although looking in the mirror, I'm still a long way from where I want to be. In saying that, I have ~2% bodyfat to lose, and that losing only that will make a huge difference, since I am already relatively lean. I want to keep going at last week's rate of progress though!...No progress pictures, since I don't have a camera - the only "progress pics" you might see are images from my photoshoots leading up to competition, and even then, not always an accurate indicator, since lighting and angles, etc. can all make such a difference to how a body looks...
    Understood... But if I've learned anything about you after speaking with you and getting to know you a little better, you have that special determination and that drive and self-motivation that makes others jealous, not only do I think you can do it, I know you will do it!
    www.finaflex.com

28. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Understood... But if I've learned anything about you after speaking with you and getting to know you a little better, you have that special determination and that drive and self-motivation that makes others jealous, not only do I think you can do it, I know you will do it!
    Thank you, Al

29. BELIEVE!

"Simply put...belief is power! If you don't believe it yourself, with everything you have, then it won't happen! Start listening to that little voice today!" - Ben Booker

TRAINING

HIIT - Rollers:
    a. 4 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm
    b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x17 (RPM N/A)
    c. 12 min in 39x18 @ 104-106 rpm

Stretch 24 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: Sleep on and off, but ~8 hours in total.

Mood/Aggression: Positive. Looking at only what CAN be done and WILL be done. Believing!

Energy: Surprisingly, there - although, shouldn't be surprised, since I had a whole lot of carbohydrates pre-bed yesterday, LOL.

Mental Focus and Clarity: Focused. Clear.

Endurance: Fine.

Quality of Training: Like last week, decided to do this HIIT session on the rollers. A little easier than last week, but still intense. Doing my legs a world of good . . . Posing Practice today was still fairly short, but I FINALLY got my T-Walk poses down and had a "stage presence" - now to KEEP that and bring it out flawlessly on stage! . . .

Recovery: Body feels great!

30. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

"Simply put...belief is power! If you don't believe it yourself, with everything you have, then it won't happen! Start listening to that little voice today!" - Ben Bookert!
    Excellent... could not have said it better myself, LoL!
    www.finaflex.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12