The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Page 15 of 25 First ... 1314151617 ... Last

1. Oh I am so behind on this log, great pix Rosie (incl avi) they definitely are different and have lovely composition, the photographer seems very talented and you look great!! I would love to invest in something like that someday.
    I've only skimmed over but I'll be reading everything soon in detail
    Keep it going Rosie.

Oh and that last quote, after the week I've had was just perfect ....thanx for that
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

2. you remind me i need to stretch...a lot more...dang haha

That and i need to do more steady state cardio post lift to induce more lipolysis. Speed up the cut a bit.

Great log thus far. May need to try Assault after all the praise. Sounds very performance oriented which is nice.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before starting new diets, supplements, training protocols, and/or if you have any concerns about your health.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Oh I am so behind on this log, great pix Rosie (incl avi) they definitely are different and have lovely composition, the photographer seems very talented and you look great!! I would love to invest in something like that someday.
    I've only skimmed over but I'll be reading everything soon in detail
    Keep it going Rosie.

Oh and that last quote, after the week I've had was just perfect ....thanx for that
    Thanks, lady Tony is an awesome photographer and I can't wait to work with him again!

Glad I could help

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    you remind me i need to stretch...a lot more...dang haha

That and i need to do more steady state cardio post lift to induce more lipolysis. Speed up the cut a bit.

Great log thus far. May need to try Assault after all the praise. Sounds very performance oriented which is nice.
    Stretching is very important - just one of the many habits from my cycling days.

Usually ANY cardio I do is HIGH intensity, but the lower intensity rollers has helped me recover. I must say that I DO notice a difference re fat loss when I do post-weights cardio, regardless of the intensity, and it is one factor that I have to do - a second pm cardio session is not so necessary, and besids, my body LOVES the longer overall training sessions for function!
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

4. I like the log Rosie! Nice to see such good all around info from training to reviews. Looking forward to see how you do in the upcoming weeks with all the things you got going on.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I like the log Rosie! Nice to see such good all around info from training to reviews. Looking forward to see how you do in the upcoming weeks with all the things you got going on.
    Hey - nice to see you here
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

•   

6. Attitude is Everything

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES OF THE DAY

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens." - Kahil Gribran

"There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative." - W. Clement Stone

"It's not a matter of can or cannot, it's a matter of will or will not, everything is a choice, choose wisely." - Ed Hillenbrand

TRAINING

HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 6 x 15, 12, 10, 10, 10, 8
    2. BB Military Press 6 x 12, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 6 x 12 per arm
    4. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 6 x 12

Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 102 rpm

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Sleep - Time and Quality: The latest I have fallen asleep in a while. Slept for nearly 10 hours. Woke with a POUNDING migraine (that has lasted all day), but refreshed, if you can understand that.

Mood/Aggression: Has had its up and downs - mostly UP, though. Positive attitude in what the future holds, knowing that I WILL achieve what I want to!

Energy: Despite the migraine, yes, have had lots of energy today.

Endurance: Great.

Strength: Better than the last time I did this session.

Quality of Training: HIIT was good. Sprints passed quickly, a high speed endurance . . . Resistance session was great. Burning during some of the first twp exercises, but gritted teeth and loved it . . . Rollers afterwards to help re recovery . . .

Recovery: I feel fresh

Other Notes: I don't "diet" and never really have (even for my competition last year), but this time around, I am changing what I do, because what used to work for me now no longer does effectively. I will still be using an amalgamation of the nutritional methods and diet principles that I have been, but I am going to be a LOT STRICTER, since until now, I have been very loose even with those. The biggest change though, is that I am going to be following Layne Norton's Mesomorph fat loss caloric (a LOT lower than what I am used to) and macronutrient recommendations with those principles. So, it WILL definitely be interesting.

7. Rosie, you are truly blessed. I pray God blesses you during this time with increased focus, rest, and strength. I know you will do outstanding. It makes me so excited to start prepping for my next show next year in Texas. I am deployed rightnow just trying to stay inspired and you help quite a bit. Thanks and I wish you all the best God can give you.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Rosie, you are truly blessed. I pray God blesses you during this time with increased focus, rest, and strength. I know you will do outstanding. It makes me so excited to start prepping for my next show next year in Texas. I am deployed rightnow just trying to stay inspired and you help quite a bit. Thanks and I wish you all the best God can give you.
    Thank you, bud What show are you planning on doing?

9. Very nice review on the APS - Mesomorph Rosie. Very detailed

//CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Very nice review on the APS - Mesomorph Rosie. Very detailed

//CC
    Cheers, bud. Just my experience and honest commentary

11. Rosie, the navy is moving me from San Diego California to Fort Worth TX. I will be doing the NPC show in April. It will be my 3rd show. I was on a ship my last show which made prep difficult, but I managed to adapt and overcome. I should be able to be in better shape this time. I will also see if I can afford some sessions with a coach, or trainer. I want branch warren, but we will see what i can afford. Take care

12. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Rosie, the navy is moving me from San Diego California to Fort Worth TX. I will be doing the NPC show in April. It will be my 3rd show. I was on a ship my last show which made prep difficult, but I managed to adapt and overcome. I should be able to be in better shape this time. I will also see if I can afford some sessions with a coach, or trainer. I want branch warren, but we will see what i can afford. Take care
    All the best, then. If you want something badly enough, are prepared to be disciplined and put in the hard work, then you can do anything and nothing is impossible!

I'll never be competing in the NPC most likely, since to be able to qualify for the shows that have the opportunity to win a Pro card, one must be a US Citizen, which I am not. I'd rather compete in the real natural federations anyways, being a lifetime natural athlete and all

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    All the best, then. If you want something badly enough, are prepared to be disciplined and put in the hard work, then you can do anything and nothing is impossible!

I'll never be competing in the NPC most likely, since to be able to qualify for the shows that have the opportunity to win a Pro card, one must be a US Citizen, which I am not. I'd rather compete in the real natural federations anyways, being a lifetime natural athlete and all
    Is it Citizen or Legal Resident?
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

14. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Is it Citizen or Legal Resident?
    Citizen. I am a US Permanent Resident, so if that was the case, I might have considered it.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Citizen. I am a US Permanent Resident, so if that was the case, I might have considered it.
    Huh... I didn't know that! How long have you been here, or better asked, how long have you been a Legal Resident? I only ask because I am in the process of getting my wife her Permanent Residency, and then we can move along to get her citizenship! I am pretty sure you can apply for your citizenship 2yrs after you have become a legal resident, or would this interfere with your citizenship in New Zealand, I know some countries allow dual citizenship and others do not!
    www.finaflex.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Huh... I didn't know that! How long have you been here, or better asked, how long have you been a Legal Resident? I only ask because I am in the process of getting my wife her Permanent Residency, and then we can move along to get her citizenship! I am pretty sure you can apply for your citizenship 2yrs after you have become a legal resident, or would this interfere with your citizenship in New Zealand, I know some countries allow dual citizenship and others do not!
    I've been here since July 2009, a Permanent Resident since February 2010. New Zealanders can have dual Citizenship I am sure (since I have cousins who have their New Zealand Citizenship as well as either English or Dutch Citizenships).

17. Of course. i will find out about other shows. The Texas Shredder classic is in May, and that is a tested show I will probably do. Dave Goodin puts it on. When I get to TEXAS I am really going to work hard to represent a supplement company, or a supplement sales website and get a sponsor. I was working on it in Cali, but ran out of time due to deploying. I have learned a lot about what to do and what not to do. Any advice?

18. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I've been here since July 2009, a Permanent Resident since February 2010. New Zealanders can have dual Citizenship I am sure (since I have cousins who have their New Zealand Citizenship as well as either English or Dutch Citizenships).
    Not trying to meddle in your business or anything, but is getting a dual citizenship on your agenda or even something you are interested in? I guess I only ask because I would love to see you participate in some IFBB shows and earn your Pro Card, you would have my vote, and I mean that... as in your are more than stage worthy!
    www.finaflex.com

19. So true Rosie!!!! Your figure is amazing. You have the knowledge, dedication, focus, and confidence. You would be an excellent pro athlete and would as you already do represent our sport so well!!!

20. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    So true Rosie!!!! Your figure is amazing. You have the knowledge, dedication, focus, and confidence. You would be an excellent pro athlete and would as you already do represent our sport so well!!!
    I totally Concur!!!

I totally love that movie and that scene... well minus the whole throwing up at the end!
    www.finaflex.com

21. I love it!!!

22. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Of course. i will find out about other shows. The Texas Shredder classic is in May, and that is a tested show I will probably do. Dave Goodin puts it on. When I get to TEXAS I am really going to work hard to represent a supplement company, or a supplement sales website and get a sponsor. I was working on it in Cali, but ran out of time due to deploying. I have learned a lot about what to do and what not to do. Any advice?
    First off, select a company whose products you actually use and love, whom you trust and would stand behind 100% - this to me is very important (you see many people endorsing companies whose products they've never used or would use, simply for the money aspect, and that might be fine for them, but integrity and character - at least to me - are worth a lot).

Next, ask yourself what you have to offer the company. How are you any different to everyone else out there? What makes you stand out? What can you do for them? How can you help promote them and their products and get more company recognition for them? Achievements are not always necessary (I can say this, since I have been very blessed to have the backing of several companies, even as a novice in the bodybuilding world; although I was successful as a cyclist another lifetime ago).

Those are the two most important factors. Also, with the company, make sure that if YOU approach them, that they are a company that actually accepts unsolicited queries about this - since some will approach anyone they wish to sponsor themselves (i.e. if they contract/sign an athlete).

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Not trying to meddle in your business or anything, but is getting a dual citizenship on your agenda or even something you are interested in? I guess I only ask because I would love to see you participate in some IFBB shows and earn your Pro Card, you would have my vote, and I mean that... as in your are more than stage worthy!
    Honestly, not at the moment no.

If I DID compete in IFBB, my figure is best suited to Bikini likely. As it is, comments stand re PM reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    So true Rosie!!!! Your figure is amazing. You have the knowledge, dedication, focus, and confidence. You would be an excellent pro athlete and would as you already do represent our sport so well!!!
    Thanks. Means a lot, considering I am only a novice in this sporting arena (as mentioned above). Being a top athlete is something I want to be again, since I definitely miss it.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    First off, select a company whose products you actually use and love, whom you trust and would stand behind 100% - this to me is very important (you see many people endorsing companies whose products they've never used or would use, simply for the money aspect, and that might be fine for them, but integrity and character - at least to me - are worth a lot).

Next, ask yourself what you have to offer the company. How are you any different to everyone else out there? What makes you stand out? What can you do for them? How can you help promote them and their products and get more company recognition for them? Achievements are not always necessary (I can say this, since I have been very blessed to have the backing of several companies, even as a novice in the bodybuilding world; although I was successful as a cyclist another lifetime ago).

Those are the two most important factors. Also, with the company, make sure that if YOU approach them, that they are a company that actually accepts unsolicited queries about this - since some will approach anyone they wish to sponsor themselves (i.e. if they contract/sign an athlete).
    Very nicely put Rosie! I had to agree completely. I've had some offers from some companies that I knew wouldn't be a good fit for me or whose products I just didn't fully endorse. You summed it up quite nicely.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

24. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Thanks. Means a lot, considering I am only a novice in this sporting arena (as mentioned above). Being a top athlete is something I want to be again, since I definitely miss it.
    Whoa...whoa... Hold the phones! You are a TOP ATHLETE already! You just have not been recognized yet via a public event or competition! And the keyword is... YET!
    www.finaflex.com

25. Just showing some Rosie support! I haven't been around that much; a much needed break away from the boards....but I'm back.

-John

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12