The Female Terminator Chronicles: Cutting for Competition (2011)

Page 11 of 21 First ... 910111213 ... Last
  1. Stay True to the Best in You


    MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

    "Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you!" - Christian D. Larson


    TRAINING

    HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 12 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

    Upper Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. DB Clean and Press 6 x 15
    2. DB Lateral Raises 6 x 15
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 6 x 15
    4. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 6 x 15
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Seated DB Shoulder Press 6 x 15
    6. Seated DB Rear Raises 6 x 15
    Alternate Set D -
    7. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 6 x 15
    8. DB Zottoman Curls 6 x 15

    Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    10 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

    Stretch 20 min.


    COMMENTS

    Mood/Aggression: I'm on edge at the moment, but that's not to say that I'm not also in a good mood - whilst there are trying circumstances in my life right now, there are also many blessings that give my soul flight.

    Energy: Has been good today.

    Mental Focus and Clarity: As I've needed it to be, without the intrusion of a migraine, which I am thankful for.

    Stress: High.

    Endurance: Excellent.

    Strength: Today was a "weak" day - after the last two days, it was amazing that my body could lift anything, LOL.

    Pump: Strong.

    Vascularity: Need to figure out how to get vascularity strong in my left side as in right.

    Quality of Training: HIIT was ok. Nothing special. Struggling. Legs felt dead. Had that pain in my right side again throughout the whole thing. Last four efforts were as fast as I could make them, but that wasn't very fast at all . . . Resistance training was good. Light weights today, but whoever thinks you can't have an intense session with lights weights has no idea - higher reps than usual for me, with my body already shattered from the last two days. Definition and vasularity was good, so that was something . . . Rollers was back to being slow recovery . . .

    Recovery: My legs are suffering after yesterday - the CrossRamp seems to really affect my quadriceps for a day or two afterwards if I do it for longer than 10 minutes (so if I use it from now on, it will only be for 10 minutes tops).

    Appetite: Had my high-high calorie and extra-high carbohydrate day yesterday, ending with shoveling down ~1,600 calories just before 0000 (which probably contributed to me sleeping without interruption, since I have found that if I get fatigued and feel shattered after all meals that come after my post-training one). Also determined that as of next week, if I ever get cravings or feel hungry or want to just eat in general when I shouldn't, that I will just have half to a quart of probiotic yoghurt with ~350 grams of raspberries - it's healthy, will satisfy my sugar and carbohydrate cravings without me resorting to eat junk or whatever I can find (which is what usually happens), and should help satiate my appetite.

    Other Notes: Saturday is going to be my Day Off this week, and next week I will officially be starting my competition preparation.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee


  2. I'm still following Rosie. Sounds like things are coming along nicely for you.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'm still following Rosie. Sounds like things are coming along nicely for you.
    Hey Yeah, starting to feel a little better about some things, having cleared my head and focused in on my priorities. I can and WILL do the best I can in the things I have influence over, and just have faith with the things I have no control over.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  4. More laughter required


    MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

    "To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson


    TRAINING

    Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

    Stretch 20 min.


    COMMENTS

    Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours. I am waking shattered lately.

    Mood/Aggression: Good.

    Endurance: Fine.

    Quality of Training: Just an easy session today. My body was relieved for it!

    Recovery: Legs are still suffering a little from Monday and Tuesday; when they're like this, they feel swollen, so hopefully that goes soon - considering not doing HIIT tomorrow, with just the resistance session, and leaving HIIT until Sunday.

    Body Composition and Look: I was actually ok with what I saw in the mirror this morning. Starting to lean out as I want now. It looks like I am leaner than I was for my competition last year, which is great (I want to be!), and we'll see tomorrow whether I got close to 8% this week (and if not this week, then definitely next week).

    Other Notes: Looking forward to Saturday
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

    "To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson


    TRAINING

    Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

    Stretch 20 min.


    COMMENTS

    Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours. I am waking shattered lately.

    Mood/Aggression: Good.

    Endurance: Fine.

    Quality of Training: Just an easy session today. My body was relieved for it!

    Recovery: Legs are still suffering a little from Monday and Tuesday; when they're like this, they feel swollen, so hopefully that goes soon - considering not doing HIIT tomorrow, with just the resistance session, and leaving HIIT until Sunday.

    Body Composition and Look: I was actually ok with what I saw in the mirror this morning. Starting to lean out as I want now. It looks like I am leaner than I was for my competition last year, which is great (I want to be!), and we'll see tomorrow whether I got close to 8% this week (and if not this week, then definitely next week).

    Other Notes: Looking forward to Saturday

    Lookin good Terminator, keep poundin away at it!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Lookin good Terminator, keep poundin away at it!
    Will do, Josh. One more training day before a highlight. The mirror tells me that I'm definitely leaner than I was for my competition last year, which is awesome - could be that because I have more muscle mass I appear leaner, but I feel leaner. That's a
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  7. Hi Rosie - I see you take Shred Matrix post training - just wondering what your reasoning is for taking it post training? I assume its for its nutrient partitioning properties with post w\o meals??

    I have only gone through the 1st few pages of this thread so far. Lots of good info in here and I love the detail!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Hi Rosie - I see you take Shred Matrix post training - just wondering what your reasoning is for taking it post training? I assume its for its nutrient partitioning properties with post w\o meals??

    I have only gone through the 1st few pages of this thread so far. Lots of good info in here and I love the detail!
    Yes, I dose Shred Matrix immediately post-training - because I eat a meal ~30 minutes after training. I do also however, dose Shred Matrix first thing in the morning or pre-bed sometimes, without eating afterwards - this is specific for me, though, and it's recommended to twice daily dose 3 caps ~30 minutes pre-meals (preferably before an am meal and a pm meal).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. Improve on the Present


    MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

    "The future belongs to God, and it is only he who reveals it...The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better." - Seer, The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)


    TRAINING

    HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging

    Shoulders/Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between trisets):
    Triset A -
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 10
    2. BB Military Press 4 x 10
    3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per side
    Triset B -
    4. Dips 4 x 10
    5. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 4 x 10
    6. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 10 per side
    Triset C -
    7. Rope Crunches 4 x 12
    8. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises 4 x 10
    9. Side Plank 4 x 30 sec per side

    Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 100 rpm

    Stretch 20 min.


    COMMENTS

    Sleep - Time and Quality: Just under three hours. Couldn't get back to sleep after waking either.

    Mood/Aggression: Up and down, as it has been all week. Smiles and positivity though, between the bouts of extreme aggression.

    Energy: Took me a few hours after waking to really feel any energy, but once training was done, I have been bouncing around unable to be still.

    Stress: High.

    Endurance: Great.

    Strength: This session was not about strength - like the rest of the week.

    Pump: Strong from the start.

    Vascularity: ~10 minutes of intense cardio pre-weights seems to elicit the best vascularity during my resistance sessions.

    Quality of Training: HIIT was ok. Struggled quite a bit though, with the sharp pain in my right side under right breast throughout, the last four minutes favouring my right foot, almost limping because sharp pain was shooting through it. Made it shorter, since my legs have been taking a while to recover this week, and I don't want to chance them appearing puffy or holding water tomorrow . . . Resistance session was fine. Had to drop my weights for the last couple of sets of Triset A, a headache setting in during Triset C . . . Rollers was definitely recovery afterwards . . .

    Recovery: Hope I am all good tomorrow.

    Body Composition and Look: Looking the leanest I have been in a long time. Definitely the leanest I have ever been at such a body mass - the additional muscle mass is evident. Definitely look better golden as well. Definition in upper body was coming out nicely during resistance training. Midsection is almost flat, and hips are popping. I can still get leaner, though - that WILL come.

    Other Notes: First photoshoot of the year tomorrow - looking forward to it; going to be fun
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  10. Good luck tomorrow Rosie!. Although I don't think you need it. You got this Rosie.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post

    Other Notes: First photoshoot of the year tomorrow - looking forward to it; going to be fun
    Enjoy your hard work and be confident


  12. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    First photoshoot of the year tomorrow - looking forward to it; going to be fun
    Knock-em Dead Girl....
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Good luck tomorrow Rosie!. Although I don't think you need it. You got this Rosie.
    Thanks, T. I might need it - if only for the hope that my right wisdom tooth goes back down, since it came up early this morning and has been causing pain in the right side of my face all day, and I don't need a puffy face tomorrow


    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Enjoy your hard work and be confident
    No doubt I will once I get there, Ryan


    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Knock-em Dead Girl....
    Smile, relax, and have fun. If I can do that, it will be a blast, Al
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  14. So how did things go?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So how did things go?
    It was good I'll mention more about it later on in today's "update".
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  16. Finding the Woman


    MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

    "There is only one way to learn. It's through action." - The Alchemist, The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)

    After all:

    "Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua J. Marin


    TRAINING

    Day OFF for this week.


    COMMENTS

    Mood/Aggression: Sore, but smiling. Stressed, but happy. Yesterday was just the start of the boulder rolling down the hill!

    Recovery: I am just as sore after yesterday's photoshoot as I was after my first Full-Body session two weeks ago when I started back training after a week off!

    Body Composition and Look: 111 pounds at 9% bodyfat. Only a 0.2% bodyfat loss over the last week, when everything was perfect re nutrition AND training! I was surprised when I saw that, since I definitely feel that I look leaner, but then again, I have more muscle mass than the last time I was this body composition and that makes a difference. Definition in midsection, back, delts and arms is great - better starting from last night to today (better than for my photoshoot yesterday - go figure, LOL). Even though I am not the body composition that I wanted to be right now, I AM pleased with my progress - after all, even though a bare 0.2% loss over a week is not much, especially with perfect everything and supplement aid, it LOOKS like a lot. 8% bodyfat, and then 7% bodyfat, WILL come!

    Other Notes: I had the AWESOMEST day shooting with Tony Mitchell and Katrell of OAMG yesterday! We shot in Lance's Gym in Chicago - been a while since I was in a hardcore gym, and I loved the feel of it - and the OAMG studio. Modeling is still very new to me and I learnt a lot throughout the day. Ironically, it never failed to be that the best shots were taken when I wasn't thinking about it and Tony just took them when I was relaxed or preparing for a look/pose. I definitely need to work on my expressions, making anything that is not a smile natural, being "girly" and "sexy" - since neither are things that are really me - and letting myself "go", stepping into the character of it all. Modeling is very different for me, a challenge as much as stepping on a stage for competition, since it is in direct contrast to my character and who I am (I barely recognized the woman in the mirror after Katrell had done me up, and with the outfits, no one else would either, LOL) - which is good though, challenging me to step "outside" of myself and find the feminine side of me, something I need to do a lot more often. Look forward to seeing the final images - there were some GREAT ones in there (including the "preview" below, which definitely captures and embodies the name of "The Female Terminator" that I have been given, and is one of my favourite - if not THE favourite - images from the shoot)!


    Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OMAG

    Competition Notes: Eight weeks out (excluding week pre-competition). Posing Practice starts tomorrow (changes reflected in post #1). I WAS going to change my training up, but I'm going to keep it as it is, since I now have another photoshoot on Saturday, and a couple more in June - told you I was on a roll . . .
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  17. Sounds like the photo shoot went great And looks like that too. Great picture

    And you are right about the BF, 8% & 7% will come
    Keep up the hard work Rosie!

    //CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Sounds like the photo shoot went great And looks like that too. Great picture

    And you are right about the BF, 8% & 7% will come
    Keep up the hard work Rosie!

    //CC
    Yeah, I had a blast! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the images! (I'm also as sore as your wife probably is after her training session and today's training is only going to add to the pain but what is pain but a necessity in the pursuit of perfection...)

    Yeppers - got to make the leanness happen! There is NO excuses.

    Thank you for your continued support, CC
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    the "preview" below, which definitely captures and embodies the name of "The Female Terminator" that I have been given, and is one of my favourite - if not THE favourite - images from the shoot)!


    Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OMAG

    Competition Notes: Eight weeks out (excluding week pre-competition). Posing Practice starts tomorrow (changes reflected in post #1). I WAS going to change my training up, but I'm going to keep it as it is, since I now have another photoshoot on Saturday, and a couple more in June - told you I was on a roll . . .
    Wow... nothing short of what I expected, you look AMAZING! The "Female Terminator" strikes again and leaves her competition dead!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Wow... nothing short of what I expected, you look AMAZING! The "Female Terminator" strikes again and leaves her competition dead!
    Thanks, Al Tony is a great photographer and he caught me to perfection Plus, it was refreshing to do something that hasn't been done or often seen, instead of all the usual poses and looks other models do. I'm definitely working with him again
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

    "There is only one way to learn. It's through action." - The Alchemist, The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)

    After all:

    "Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua J. Marin


    TRAINING

    Day OFF for this week.


    COMMENTS

    Mood/Aggression: Sore, but smiling. Stressed, but happy. Yesterday was just the start of the boulder rolling down the hill!

    Recovery: I am just as sore after yesterday's photoshoot as I was after my first Full-Body session two weeks ago when I started back training after a week off!

    Body Composition and Look: 111 pounds at 9% bodyfat. Only a 0.2% bodyfat loss over the last week, when everything was perfect re nutrition AND training! I was surprised when I saw that, since I definitely feel that I look leaner, but then again, I have more muscle mass than the last time I was this body composition and that makes a difference. Definition in midsection, back, delts and arms is great - better starting from last night to today (better than for my photoshoot yesterday - go figure, LOL). Even though I am not the body composition that I wanted to be right now, I AM pleased with my progress - after all, even though a bare 0.2% loss over a week is not much, especially with perfect everything and supplement aid, it LOOKS like a lot. 8% bodyfat, and then 7% bodyfat, WILL come!

    Other Notes: I had the AWESOMEST day shooting with Tony Mitchell and Katrell of OAMG yesterday! We shot in Lance's Gym in Chicago - been a while since I was in a hardcore gym, and I loved the feel of it - and the OAMG studio. Modeling is still very new to me and I learnt a lot throughout the day. Ironically, it never failed to be that the best shots were taken when I wasn't thinking about it and Tony just took them when I was relaxed or preparing for a look/pose. I definitely need to work on my expressions, making anything that is not a smile natural, being "girly" and "sexy" - since neither are things that are really me - and letting myself "go", stepping into the character of it all. Modeling is very different for me, a challenge as much as stepping on a stage for competition, since it is in direct contrast to my character and who I am (I barely recognized the woman in the mirror after Katrell had done me up, and with the outfits, no one else would either, LOL) - which is good though, challenging me to step "outside" of myself and find the feminine side of me, something I need to do a lot more often. Look forward to seeing the final images - there were some GREAT ones in there (including the "preview" below, which definitely captures and embodies the name of "The Female Terminator" that I have been given, and is one of my favourite - if not THE favourite - images from the shoot)!


    Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OMAG

    Competition Notes: Eight weeks out (excluding week pre-competition). Posing Practice starts tomorrow (changes reflected in post #1). I WAS going to change my training up, but I'm going to keep it as it is, since I now have another photoshoot on Saturday, and a couple more in June - told you I was on a roll . . .
    Photo looks great Rosie! Glad you got to enjoy it. Keep up the hard work!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Photo looks great Rosie! Glad you got to enjoy it. Keep up the hard work!
    Thanks, bud Absolutely! I'm not where I want to be yet re figure, and it doesn't ease up until I AM.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  23. Trophy of Grace


    MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

    "God wants to use your weaknesses, not just your strengths. If all people see are your strengths, they get discouraged and think, "Well, good for her, but I'll never be able to do that." But when they see God using you in spite of your weaknesses, it encourages them to think, "Maybe God can use me!"...At some point in your life you must decide whether you want to impress people or influence people...See yourself as a trophy of grace." - The Purpose Driven Life (Rick Warren)


    TRAINING

    HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging

    Full-Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Step Ups (onto bench) 6 x 12 per leg
    2. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumop 6 x 24
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on DB) 6 x 10
    4. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 6 x 10
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Seated DB Shoulder Press 6 x 12
    6. DB Lateral Raises 6 x 12
    Alternate Set D -
    7. Dips 6 x 10
    8. Incline DB Bicep Curls 6 x 12
    Alternate Set E -
    9. Rope Crunches 6 x 12
    10. Bicycle 6 x 24

    Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 102-106 rpm

    Stretch 20 min.


    COMMENTS

    Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours. Deep. Unbroken. For the first time in ages. Deep.

    Mood/Aggression: I have been through a full spectrum re mood today. Calm and collected now, though, mind in a good place.

    Energy: Used a scoop of Mesomorph today (instead of Assault). I definitely notice the difference using Geranium when I haven't for ages. Energy was great; no faltering today in the gym. Have not crashed yet, either (not likely to, either).

    Mental Focus and Clarity: My head is back to racing at a million miles an hour! My mind is as clear and focused as it can get.

    Stress: HIGH.

    Endurance: Great!

    Strength: This week's sessions, like the last couple of weeks, are not going to be about strength (so won't comment here this week).

    Pump: EVERYWHERE!

    Vascularity: More noticeable on the gold.

    Quality of Training: HIIT was GREAT. Aside from the pain in my right side under right breast that has been there for the last week during this, I was back to form with my sprints, explosive and fast, feeling really good . . . Resistance session was good as well. My legs were suffering when I started - mostly from not having properly recovered from Saturday - and I had to sit down hard between alternate sets of Legs, my heart pounding, but it was worth it. There was no want-to-just-be-done-as-soon-as-possible today as there was last week, and I didn't look like the dead walking. Loved the way definition was looking in the mirror - even better than the weekend. Practiced posing between alternate sets too . . . Rollers was "recovery" afterwards . . .

    Recovery: I woke up this morning in PAIN - like I did yesterday, still not recovered completely from Saturday (goes to show how intense it was and how demanding holding even a lighter weight for an extended period of time, and posing, can take a lot out of one). My legs and lower to mid back is what's killing me right now, but I'm used to it.

    Body Composition and Look: Even though I may not be as "lean" as I was for my competition last October, I definitely LOOK it, and certainly look a LOT better than I did then. I am pleased with that - building that extra muscle mass in my deltoids and arms has been hard work for sure, but very rewarding. Here's to just getting leaner and leaner, overcoming obstacles life throws in my way, conquering my personal demons to achieve my goals!

    Other Notes: I don't always put everything out there re my personal struggles and issues, but there is a lot about me that I have had to overcome, and the road has not been easy by any means. I am a Trophy of Grace, a living testament that God can make ANYthing possible, that no matter what weaknesses you have, whether they be physical, mental or something else, He can use them for good and shine His glory through you and use you to do great things, more than you could ever have dreamed of! As you submit to Him, life becomes something else altogether, a journey that just gets better and better, as you learn more about yourself and what you are capable of doing (like for the first time in my life, being able to see something of beauty, instead of the me that I see in my mind, catching a glimpse of the Rosie that perhaps others perceive - reflected in the image below, another "preview" from Saturday).


    Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OAMG
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  24. CRASH! WTF?!


    MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

    "What you still need to know is this: before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we've learned as we've moved toward that dream. That's the point at which most people give up...Every search begins with beginner's luck. And every search ends with the victor's being severely tested." - The Alchemist, The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)


    TRAINING

    Cardio - CrossRamp:
    10 min in R10/CR10

    Legs/Chest/Back (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 6 x 12
    2. Alternate Backward DB Lunges 6 x 12
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Flat BB Bench Press 6 x 12-15
    4. V-Bar Close-Grip Seated Row 6 x 12-15


    COMMENTS

    Sleep - Time and Quality: Woke after ~5 hours, and passed out for another three. Lay down in the afternoon and passed out for a little while as well.

    Mood/Aggression: Surprisingly, just flat.

    Energy: I'm exhausted today. I DID cut my training session short because I WAS so exhausted (almost falling over in the gym) which is rare for me to do, since I keep on pushing myself regardless, and when I felt like this last week, I soldiered on. But, this was a different fatigue than last week, and even breathing has been an issue for me today. It was NOT me "giving up" - not at all; rather, it was me knowing when enough is ENOUGH, being smart, knowing the difference between a complaint of my body and a SCREAM. Honestly, I feel like I used to feel if I hadn't been using stimulants for a day or so back when I was heavily dependent on them to function, almost like I have CRASHED BIG time, and I don't understand it!

    Endurance: Ok.

    Pump: Legs.

    Quality of Training: CrossRamp was just a brief "warm-up" pre-weights . . . Resistance session started off ok. As I started into Alternate Set B, my head started pounding and my energy levels just suddenly DRAINED away. I felt like I did last week, except there was no aggression or frustration behind the wanting to finish early. I pushed on, continued to finish Alternate Set B, and started on Alternate Set C. However, after the first set, I KNEW, and just put the weight down and went home, planning on finishing the session later in the day . . . No rollers for recovery once at home. Nothing. There was just nothing in me for some reason . . . My resistance session won't get finished tonight, though, not after waking mid-afternoon in no better condition . . .

    Recovery: My legs and back are no longer in pain, all DOMS gone. However, the pain seems to have been replaced by fatigue. Odd.

    Other Notes: I asked Jeff if I could please try the new Red Raspberry (since I love fruit, berries some of my favourite fruit, red raspberries my favourite berry - plus BCAAs are an ESSENTIAL staple in my supplement arsenal) flavoured RecoverPRO and he was great enough to send me an entire TUB (42 servings), so I am going to be using this until I am finished with it (changes reflected in post #1), resuming my use of BC+EAA afterwards.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

    "God wants to use your weaknesses, not just your strengths. If all people see are your strengths, they get discouraged and think, "Well, good for her, but I'll never be able to do that." But when they see God using you in spite of your weaknesses, it encourages them to think, "Maybe God can use me!"...At some point in your life you must decide whether you want to impress people or influence people...See yourself as a trophy of grace." - The Purpose Driven Life (Rick Warren)


    TRAINING

    HIIT - Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging

    Full-Body (30 sec recovery between alternate sets):
    Alternate Set A -
    1. Step Ups (onto bench) 6 x 12 per leg
    2. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumop 6 x 24
    Alternate Set B -
    3. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on DB) 6 x 10
    4. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 6 x 10
    Alternate Set C -
    5. Seated DB Shoulder Press 6 x 12
    6. DB Lateral Raises 6 x 12
    Alternate Set D -
    7. Dips 6 x 10
    8. Incline DB Bicep Curls 6 x 12
    Alternate Set E -
    9. Rope Crunches 6 x 12
    10. Bicycle 6 x 24

    Post-Weights Cardio - Rollers:
    20 min in 39x18 @ 102-106 rpm

    Stretch 20 min.


    COMMENTS

    Sleep - Time and Quality: ~6 hours. Deep. Unbroken. For the first time in ages. Deep.

    Mood/Aggression: I have been through a full spectrum re mood today. Calm and collected now, though, mind in a good place.

    Energy: Used a scoop of Mesomorph today (instead of Assault). I definitely notice the difference using Geranium when I haven't for ages. Energy was great; no faltering today in the gym. Have not crashed yet, either (not likely to, either).

    Mental Focus and Clarity: My head is back to racing at a million miles an hour! My mind is as clear and focused as it can get.

    Stress: HIGH.

    Endurance: Great!

    Strength: This week's sessions, like the last couple of weeks, are not going to be about strength (so won't comment here this week).

    Pump: EVERYWHERE!

    Vascularity: More noticeable on the gold.

    Quality of Training: HIIT was GREAT. Aside from the pain in my right side under right breast that has been there for the last week during this, I was back to form with my sprints, explosive and fast, feeling really good . . . Resistance session was good as well. My legs were suffering when I started - mostly from not having properly recovered from Saturday - and I had to sit down hard between alternate sets of Legs, my heart pounding, but it was worth it. There was no want-to-just-be-done-as-soon-as-possible today as there was last week, and I didn't look like the dead walking. Loved the way definition was looking in the mirror - even better than the weekend. Practiced posing between alternate sets too . . . Rollers was "recovery" afterwards . . .

    Recovery: I woke up this morning in PAIN - like I did yesterday, still not recovered completely from Saturday (goes to show how intense it was and how demanding holding even a lighter weight for an extended period of time, and posing, can take a lot out of one). My legs and lower to mid back is what's killing me right now, but I'm used to it.

    Body Composition and Look: Even though I may not be as "lean" as I was for my competition last October, I definitely LOOK it, and certainly look a LOT better than I did then. I am pleased with that - building that extra muscle mass in my deltoids and arms has been hard work for sure, but very rewarding. Here's to just getting leaner and leaner, overcoming obstacles life throws in my way, conquering my personal demons to achieve my goals!

    Other Notes: I don't always put everything out there re my personal struggles and issues, but there is a lot about me that I have had to overcome, and the road has not been easy by any means. I am a Trophy of Grace, a living testament that God can make ANYthing possible, that no matter what weaknesses you have, whether they be physical, mental or something else, He can use them for good and shine His glory through you and use you to do great things, more than you could ever have dreamed of! As you submit to Him, life becomes something else altogether, a journey that just gets better and better, as you learn more about yourself and what you are capable of doing (like for the first time in my life, being able to see something of beauty, instead of the me that I see in my mind, catching a glimpse of the Rosie that perhaps others perceive - reflected in the image below, another "preview" from Saturday).


    Image courtesy of Tony Mitchell at OAMG
    Perfection is to less of a word Rosie! outstanding!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Perfection is to less of a word Rosie! outstanding!
    You're so sweet, Chris Thank you. Nice to see you back!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    You're so sweet, Chris Thank you. Nice to see you back!
    Wait... I got one better.. "We are all artists, and your body is your canvas... and you have just painted your MASTERPIECE!!!"
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  28. Always a great log and amazing photos Rosie!
    Core Nutritionals Representative

  29. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Always a great log and amazing photos Rosie!
    Could not Agree more!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  30. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Wait... I got one better.. "We are all artists, and your body is your canvas... and you have just painted your MASTERPIECE!!!"
    It's the START of a masterpiece - I'm not there YET


    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Always a great log and amazing photos Rosie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Could not Agree more!
    Thanks, guys I got the contact sheet from the photographer today - there are some great shots in there. I definitely need to get a LOT leaner for my next photoshoot though (had to postpone the one on Saturday - see next paragraph), since, although I can see definition in the mirror in my bathroom, in a studio with all the lights, etc., it's a different story, and I'm a little disappointed that that definition didn't come out much in my images (leaning out is my TOP priority re body now!), albeit stoked with the way most of them did turn out (like Chris, those who know me will be like "Is that really ROSIE?!").

    On another note, I am still as fatigued as ever from yesterday, and have spent the day curled up into a small ball with a scalding wheatie on my stomach, feeling again like someone is twisting and trying to rip my insides out Hoping I feel ok tomorrow, so that I can get back into training!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 179
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 07:09 PM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 07:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 06:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Log in
Log in