Tex's Take Action- A blast from the past log

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yooo, no clue how many of my old homies are still around these parts so I figure I'll give an introduction for all the new guys.

I lifted seriously for about 1.5-2 years before going off to College and was able to achieve some pretty solid lifts for my weight. 315 for a last set on bench, 410 on squats, and a solid 8 pack of abs.

Well since my hayday I've entered college and not done crap. As of today I activated a membership at Golds and am going to be working on getting myself into a routine and try to get my physique back to where it was.

I have absolutely no clue what my lifts are going to look like either, and since I'll most likely have newb gains coming back to me, I'm going to be laying light on the supplements.

Routine
I really don't have a clue, I'm looking for a 3 day split + 1 day of cardio. My past favorites were 5x5 and supersets, but we'll see.

Supplements
Lit Up
Free Test
Protein

Goals
Lose some fat
Upper Chest Growth (always been a VERY weak point of mine)
Get lifts and aesthetics back to a satisfying point

Depending upon how things go, I'll probably keep this going for multiple reviews and progress tracking.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to see you getting back into things, Austin :)

Are you still with Kaley as well? How did she go with her fitness and goals?

~Rosie~

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
bump. i sent you a 4 day routine. you can modify it to a 3 day or do 5x5.
Yeah I got it. I like the break down, although I may change how the breaks are structured.

Good to see you getting back into things, Austin :)

Are you still with Kaley as well? How did she go with her fitness and goals?

~Rosie~
Yeah, tell me about it. I just took pre pictures and compared them to my old and it's pretty dang bad... Phil can attest to that haha.

Kaley and I are doing well, in a bit of a rough spot, but I think it's coming around. Like me she got a bit caught up with school, but she is trying to get back into things. I'm sure once she sees me getting back into the swing of things she'll kind of feed off of that.

On a side note, what do you guys recommend as the Go-to protein? I've always used AllTheWHEY, ON, or XF but I'm just looking to see what else has been introduced to the market lately.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, tell me about it. I just took pre pictures and compared them to my old and it's pretty dang bad... Phil can attest to that haha.

Kaley and I are doing well, in a bit of a rough spot, but I think it's coming around. Like me she got a bit caught up with school, but she is trying to get back into things. I'm sure once she sees me getting back into the swing of things she'll kind of feed off of that.

On a side note, what do you guys recommend as the Go-to protein? I've always used AllTheWHEY, ON, or XF but I'm just looking to see what else has been introduced to the market lately.
It won't take long to get back into it once you do - trust me!

Motivate each other, feed off positivity, get back into a routine, and you'll be fine.

I use Muscle Pharm's MuscleGel Shots - I don't use protein powder any more. You could look into Primordial Peroformance's MAP, though. Or Gaspari Nutrition's MyoFusion as well.

~Rosie~

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
It won't take long to get back into it once you do - trust me!

Motivate each other, feed off positivity, get back into a routine, and you'll be fine.

I use Muscle Pharm's MuscleGel Shots - I don't use protein powder any more. You could look into Primordial Peroformance's MAP, though. Or Gaspari Nutrition's MyoFusion as well.

~Rosie~
Those look interesting. I just remembered Kaley has some ATW peanut butter cup. Rosie, what flavor of the MuscleGel shots do you like the most? Looks extra convenient for school.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
tex is back!!!

been awhile.....

if you got the cash look at thermolifes vasolate-damn good, but it aint cheap$$$ chocolate pb is very tasty.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to see you back Tex, it has been a couple of years. I am sure things will come back pretty good, you are still in your prime!

As far as protein I like NutraPro, Gaspari Myofusion and LG Lipotropic protein.

Good Luck!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Key Lime is my favourite, with Tropical Mango close behind. Yeah, they are very convenient :D See http://anabolicminds.com/forum/muscle-pharm/167784-rosies-review-musclegel.html for my complete thoughts on MuscleGel Shots.

~Rosie~
Checking it out right now, thanks for the link!

myofusion tastes really good bro
Since when have I cared about taste? LOL, that's you...

tex is back!!!

been awhile.....

if you got the cash look at thermolifes vasolate-damn good, but it aint cheap$$$ chocolate pb is very tasty.
Haha yeah, definitely been awhile. I'll take a look into it.

Good to see you back Tex, it has been a couple of years. I am sure things will come back pretty good, you are still in your prime!

As far as protein I like NutraPro, Gaspari Myofusion and LG Lipotropic protein.

Good Luck!
Yup, I would say at least 1.5 years since I've really been a full fledged member here as well as seriously stepping my foot in a gym. I've done a few 1 time things, but then always had excuses.

Thanks for the suggestions.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

So I figured I would give my new membership a try out tonight. Things didn't go as planned though. I had a weird feeling come over me in only 2 sets, so I decided not to take the chance and will just try again tomorrow.

It was a bit of a hazy unclear feeling, my guess is it's something along the lines of my body not used to the kind of strain and pressure weight lifting applies on it.

I had a nice 1 cup of rice/ and new york strip meal in my stomach as well, so I'll be trying it fasted tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately my Lit Up isn't here yet, but I could really use it right now

Starting Weight:
169 lbs

Supplements
4 caps of Free Test- Nothing to note yet

Routine
DB Incline
35x8
55x8

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you seem to always get sick...sounds like you get dehydrated easily....drink that water and see if that helps...you had this problem over christmas break at LA huh

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
you seem to always get sick...sounds like you get dehydrated easily....drink that water and see if that helps...you had this problem over christmas break at LA huh
Yeah, it's that same thing where everything goes blurry and you kinda just lose thought process. I think it may be a combination of dehydration + I'm just not used to straining when lifting like I was previously.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1

Starting Weight:
169 lbs

Supplements
4 caps of Free Test- Nothing to note yet

Routine
DB Incline
35x8
55x8
I know you know what you are doing, but I would start off with BB routines until you build strength. Those smaller stabilizer muscle groups might need some time before they are ready.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I know you know what you are doing, but I would start off with BB routines until you build strength. Those smaller stabilizer muscle groups might need some time before they are ready.
Good point, my body isn't used to working like it was. Usually I would be laughing with what I'm about to say, but pretty sure 10-12 reps would have done me in at 55 lbs DB incline :(.

It's a sad realization about how much I let myself go.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if we ever became "friends," but I'm in the same boat you are in. I remember you being an active poster when I was active as well. It's been really hard getting back into things for me. It's kind of depressing to see how weak I have gotten.

Right now, my only goal is to consistently go to the gym. I'm doing a 3 day split whole body routine.

Anyway, I'll sub for the moral support. College sucks. lol

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if we ever became "friends," but I'm in the same boat you are in. I remember you being an active poster when I was active as well. It's been really hard getting back into things for me. It's kind of depressing to see how weak I have gotten.

Right now, my only goal is to consistently go to the gym. I'm doing a 3 day split whole body routine.

Anyway, I'll sub for the moral support. College sucks. lol
I'm the exact same way. Gaining weight and strength is cool, but my only goal right now is to just be able to make the gym a part of my daily life.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Man, I took all 4 caps of Free test today on an empty stomach... never doing that again haha!

I'm going to try and hit them gym later tonight for a purely BB chest workout, but not sure if I'll make it due to a late night group meeting for a project.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I meant major & concentration for school, my bad.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Bidniz majors in the house!!!!

< Business Admin in Organizational Behavior

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Official Day 1

I just tried going to they gym, but it was way too busy so I'll be going back at around 10 CST. I went ahead and did a bit of cardio on the bike and some shoulder presses just to feel like I didn't waste my time.

Will be updated on my chest workout later tonight! About to head to the local supp shops and see if I can pick up some protein for the time being.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
2/24/11

Interesting day today, I decided to swing by a local store to pick up some protein and ended up talking with a few people there. One of the guys tried saying that a SERM is not necessary for the stuff out on the market today, that's why it's still on the market.

If you know anything about the PH market, you'll know things such as M1A, SD, and other powerful compounds are still 100% live. Needless to say I thought it was pretty funny, but oh well he was bigger than me so what do I know?

Supplements
4 caps Free Test
2 scoops ON Gold Standard

Workout
DB Incline
35x12
35x10
45x10
45x8
BB Flat
135x5
Fail

Auxiliary lifts
Cable Flyes
Hammer Strength Incline
2 miles on cardio bike

It felt great today in the gym, however strength as anyone would guess is straight up gone. I hit up BB flat after doing all my incline and a few auxiliary lifts. I struggled with 135 right off the bat, and ended up getting the BB stuck on chest (had to have a bistander help me get it off).

You guys have no idea how embarrassing this was since I don't think I used to even touch 135 in warm-ups. Anyways, it's obviously a wake up call to me that something has to change.

Libido: I always have had a high libido, I certainly wouldn't expect free test to be kicking in already, so I'll leave this as N/A

Pump: Good pump tonight, this is definitely something I really missed about working out. The pump along just puts you in an elevated sense of well-being. I can't wait to add Lit Up to my stack to feel it's benefits in this aspect.

Strength: Well as mentioned it's null. I wouldn't expect it to be anything either considering how long I've been out of the gym.
Mood:

I'm glad I started when I did though, I've got a demo in approximately 2 weeks, so I need to be somewhat respectable by then.:sigh1:

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
2/24/11
You guys have no idea how embarrassing this was since I don't think I used to even touch 135 in warm-ups. Anyways, it's obviously a wake up call to me that something has to change.
Right there with you dude.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
your gonna be bigger than ever bro! and when we do the demo, ur gonna be looking better that u are now!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
2/15/11

Was in the car for a long while today heading back to my parents house for the weekend. Had a nice gorging on some BBQ and some potatoes, some good bodybuilding food right there ;) pure lean meat and carbs YUM YUM.

Supplements
4 caps Free Test
1 scoop Lit Up
VPS Synergex protein

Luckily my little brother didn't use all the Lit Up I gave him, so I took some tonight for my back workout, and man do I love this stuff! I mixed it probably 12-14 ounces of room temperature water and the taste is definitely something I missed!

Nice pump, vascularity, concentration, no jitters or crash! I used 1 scoop this time as that was working well for my last time, however I think I'll need to bump it up to 2 next time. Definitely pleased I will be able to use this and still go to sleep after my workouts!

Workout
BB Bent Rows
95x 10
95x10
115x8
115x8

DB Bent Rows
15x10
15x10
15x13
15x13

Reverse Flyes
15x8
15x8
15x8
15x8

Thoughts
Libido Sky high as usual! Actually has me feeling pretty good!

Pump/vascularity Nice pump with the addition of Lit Up tonight! I didn't do much lifting, so it was nice to feel it come on fairly quickly.

Strength As with yesterday I can't really gauge it at this point. I wasn't really pushing myself as I'm trying to slowly work back into a routine.

Mood Great mood today, I think the combination of being back in the gym plus free test is really making feel rejuvenated and happy with life. I know as corny as it sounds, I went through a really crappy semester last semester and was pretty low. Everyone around me has noticed a difference in my mood the past week (I think it may be moreso due to just being back in the gym, but I'd like to think Free Test is also playing a role!)

I also figured I'd throw up some pics so you guys can see just how much blubber I've packed on. Looking at these pics you can really see my pecs & abs have deflated, everything else for the most part maintained as far as my upper body is concerned. Legs also took a hit as I expected, and yes lighting makes these look better than they really should.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
2/26/11

going to be taking the day off and let my body recover a bit. My upper body is absolutely killing me today.

supplements
4 caps free test

FW Friedel

FW Friedel

Awards
  • Established
So we went from 2/24 back in time to 2/15?:p

Kick some ass!:D

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
in :D

lookin good so far man, you will be back at full speed in no time

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Excellent to put up pre pics, we will see some great changes from your training. I know what you used to look like and I am sure you will kick some arse to get back to where you were.

Just take it slow the first month or so as you adapt, then you will be able to crank it UP!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
2/27/11

Wicked workout today! I've been down at my parents all weekend, so I've been lifting with my old set from highschool. The $110 complete set with cement weights, brings back some memories haha!

Solid diet this weekend of Brisket, Ribs, Sausage, and smoked turkey + green beans and potatoes. (pretty much ate the same thing everyday).

Current Weight: 173.8 lbs

Well, I officially am 6 days into weight lifting again (started on the 21st but delayed posting), and I just weighed in at 173.8 lbs on an empty stomach. That's a gain of 4.8 lbs at the same weigh-in time and daily routine. Obviously it's stupid to say it's all muscle, but I think the fact that I've cleaned up my diet to red meat, chicken, whole grains, and fresh produce with the combination of cardio and weight training is definitely playing an impact already.

Supplements
1 scoop Lit Up
No Free Test Today
VPX Protein

Workout
I wasn't planning to workout today just because I've been so sore from completing my first week of core lifts, however R1balla came over and made me get off of ass and do something.

We ended up doing arms plus some upper chest isolation. My upper chest was always my weakspot, and I always tended to hit my shoulders instead due to improper form, so I had him work with me on it.

I had a massive pump today, and am happy to say that I felt it all in my upper chest rather than shoulders! Not much weight at all, but felt great.

Arms
BB Curl
DB Preacher Curl
BB reverse grip curl till failure
French Press
Overhead tricep extensions

Upper Chest
Incline DB Press
DB incline flyes

Thoughts
Libido Just the usual again.

Strength Strength is the last of my concerns at the moment. Strength before taking a break was pretty nuts for my size (or so I feel), so I'm looking to be spot on with form and size this time around.

Pump/Vascularity Massive pump/vascularity for me today. Veins were popping out of my shoulders and biceps which is always nice to see at my current BF%.

Mood Definitely positive and happy. Working out again just provides a self esteem and self respect boost IMO. Even if I'm doing light weight, I always find myself proud to be back in the gym. Parents, and friends all have been commenting lately about my personality change (for the better) compared to last semester.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that made me laugh lol keep training hard! see ya in two weeks!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
2/28/11

I'll be taking the day off (besides some golfing I did earlier). My body is toast right now... then will be slapping legs tomorrow and starting week 2!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
what does your leg workout look like?
I'm not planning to do much, couple sets of squats, leg extensions, leg curls, and calf raises. probably 3 sets of each for the time being.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how does that look now with a sprained ankle lol

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not planning to do much, couple sets of squats, leg extensions, leg curls, and calf raises. probably 3 sets of each for the time being.
remember to take it easy on legs for the first few workouts until they have adapted . . . or you'll be walking like a sore hooker.

I always think of Elizabeth Shue in "Leaving Las Vegas" after taking it the hard way.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
3/1/11

I decided I'd get some cardio in and headed up to the local BBall court to play some. Ended up rolling my left ankle, so now it's stiff as hell and swolen.

I'm going to ice it and keep trying to stretch it out to be able to hit legs tonight, but from what I'm feeling right now I doubt that will be happening... bad timing :(

supplements:
4 caps free test
protein

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
2/24/11

Interesting day today, I decided to swing by a local store to pick up some protein and ended up talking with a few people there. One of the guys tried saying that a SERM is not necessary for the stuff out on the market today, that's why it's still on the market.

If you know anything about the PH market, you'll know things such as M1A, SD, and other powerful compounds are still 100% live. Needless to say I thought it was pretty funny, but oh well he was bigger than me so what do I know?

Supplements
4 caps Free Test
2 scoops ON Gold Standard

Workout
DB Incline
35x12
35x10
45x10
45x8
BB Flat
135x5
Fail

Auxiliary lifts
Cable Flyes
Hammer Strength Incline
2 miles on cardio bike

It felt great today in the gym, however strength as anyone would guess is straight up gone. I hit up BB flat after doing all my incline and a few auxiliary lifts. I struggled with 135 right off the bat, and ended up getting the BB stuck on chest (had to have a bistander help me get it off).

Libido: I always have had a high libido, I certainly wouldn't expect free test to be kicking in already, so I'll leave this as N/A

Pump: Good pump tonight, this is definitely something I really missed about working out. The pump along just puts you in an elevated sense of well-being. I can't wait to add Lit Up to my stack to feel it's benefits in this aspect.

Strength: Well as mentioned it's null. I wouldn't expect it to be anything either considering how long I've been out of the gym.
Mood:

I'm glad I started when I did though, I've got a demo in approximately 2 weeks, so I need to be somewhat respectable by then.:sigh1:
Sub'd

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tex, how's the ankle? I rolled mine in a soccer game and it was forever before I was 100%. I hope yours is not as bad as mine, that would put a damper on the leg workouts.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Tex, how's the ankle? I rolled mine in a soccer game and it was forever before I was 100%. I hope yours is not as bad as mine, that would put a damper on the leg workouts.
it's doing alright. Still fairly stiff, I've been trying to convince my roommate to go to the gym with me, then yesterday broke his finger so he can't grip anything.

I'm going to be trying to head to the gym later tonight, but it all depends on how I feel.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hey everyone, I'm still around and lifting. I've jsut been super busy so haven't had the chance to update lately. I weighed in last night at 172.2, so still up a couple lbs on an empty stomach.

I'll hopefully be hitting back tonight (all depends on how my tutoring for finance goes and how comfortable with the material I am).

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I just had 2 tubs of Lit Up get here today as well as some HGHup, so looks like I may turn this into a Lit Up, HGHup, Free Test log. If so, I'll create a new one with the supplements in the actual title.

Been a hell of a week exam wise, that's why I haven't been posting, but workout are going solid! Strength is definitely starting to come back, and I think a lot of the missing strength just had to do with my stabilizer muscles being non-existent. Spring break starts Monday and I'll be kicking it off with a demo in Houston if any of you guys want to come by.